Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: The Demon of Cults

• Start Topic

(edited)

Okay, so I was too eager to see this episode right when it dropped that I paused Only Murders in the Building, right in the middle of a scene where party guests are playing a card draw mystery game where they have to figure out who got the killer card. Scene in Evil: card draw mystery game at Kristen's! (Count Floyd: Oooh, scary, boys and girls!) Somehow, this has to be a consequence of continuing to skip the intro. 👻 

Edited by Scout Finch
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

Okay, so I was too eager to see this episode right when it dropped that I paused Only Murders in the Building, right in the middle of a scene where party guests are playing a card draw mystery game where they have to figure out who got the killer card. Scene in Evil: card draw mystery game at Kristen's! (Count Floyd: Oooh, scary boys and girls!) Somehow, this has to be a consequence of continuing to skip the intro. 👻 

That's hilarious. And kind of weird :p. I thought that was just a game the girls made up, but if two shows have referenced it now, then it must be a real game that I've not heard of before now. Very interesting. 

I did like Ben and David hanging out with Kristen and her family, though, creepy and weird circumstances of their visit aside, what with Lexis being the "killer", and David realizing the Entity had snuck into the girls' room and left the toy there. When the Entity explained they were concerned about Lexis in part because of Kristen abandoning the Church, I thought that we'd learn the Entity's claim of trying to save the world was a total BS thing they made up to specifically target Kristen and/or the team themselves, or a punishment of some kind for the fact she killed LeRoux. But considering the fact they explained their concerns about Lexis to Kristen...I mean, they still could well have a personal vendetta as their real reason to be targeting this team, of course, but that does seem to lend credence to their concerns about the sigils and the demonic houses and all. I'm glad Kristen is finally in on what David's been doing all this time, though I don't blame her one bit for being freaked out about the whole concept, and angry at them for the implications they're making. I like that she knows David didn't want to betray her, though, that he did everything possible to try and protect her and Lexis from being wrapped up in this whole mess. 

But yeah. It'll be interesting to see what Kristen does with this information, and how that affects hos she deals with Lexis going forward. 

As for the main stories with the cults...so, basically, Ben needs to make a new rule for himself that he should never discuss the concept of quantum entanglement with a woman he's interested in ever again, 'cause that's two times now where he's done that only for things to go crazy sideways with said woman. First Vanessa, now this Renee woman. I'm glad he didn't wind up getting sucked into the cult, but his reaction to the whole thing with the goat's blood at the end was both funny and unsettling all at the same time. I half expected some kind of Carrie reference (yeah, that was pig's blood, but still). 

I'm also worried about what this means for Karima as well, since she's part of the same science group that Renee was in. I remember some people being a bit wary of the tech lady that Ben knew from the episode with the mom abusing her kids and putting the videos online - she was part of the science group, too, right? And she knew a lot about how the technology the mom was using worked. So I wonder if that's a sign that this science group may not be all it's cracked up to be. 

I wish things with the other storyline with the guy from the cult who was possessed hadn't ended so abruptly - I wanted to know what became of him and his girlfriend afterward. And the guy who was trying to help them...I mean, he was making a profit off his deprogramming lessons, and the team seemed concerned about how he was treating the young man. It would've been interesting to learn more about his endgame, and how much of what he did was sincere and how much, if any of it, was a scam. 

As for Dr. Boggs, oh, no, buddy, please don't listen to Leland. That whole thing with the blood and the song and whatnot was....bizarre. I hope he doesn't go through with Leland's suggestion about Sister Andrea's hair, though it would be amusing to see how she'd react if he were to try doing such a thing. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Ben really has the worst luck with romantic partners. First Vanessa and her ghost twin and now Renee, who's a cult leader. Ben should warn everyone at his science meetings to stay away from her before she tries to dump goat blood on anyone else.

I'm surprised the Entity/Friend of the Vatican actually told Kristen what was happening, but I guess they're really concerned about Lexis being groomed to take over a House. I assume they know that Sheryl is hanging around Leland and influencing Lexis. They should've advised Kristen to cut contact with Sheryl, though after this, she may do that on her own anyway.

Kurt really isn't bright if he think trusting Leland is a good idea. He seems really desperate to write his book, so I'm sure he'll try to cut Sister Andrea's hair like Leland told him too, which will not end well for him.

• Like 2
  • Love 11

The Entity should have changed the look of the toy (or planted a second one) that they were using to surveil Lexus with, they knew David would take it.

Good casting for the goat I would believe it was a demon. They should have filmed it from the ground to make it look bigger, the thing was tiny. What did they have in the barn that was making all that noise and blowing all that steam.

Lots of plots that just seemed to end without much conclusion, I wish they would try to tie up the loose ends better, they do have unlimited time for each episode.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I liked that we found out about the Vatican groups interest in Lexie, and Kristen now knows to be extra vigilant. However, they are still cramming in too many separate things and not finishing the story. Was the guy really possessed or was the deprogrammer evil? What did Ben really think about the cult? What was banging and steaming behind the barn door? I thought the record player with the spinning thing was cool but it sometimes seems they are using visual tricks rather than tell a complete story. Hopefully Sister Andrea will kick that guys ass if he tries to cut her hair.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 11

Was anyone else yelling at Kurt to stop being an idiot? What the hell was he thinking to actually go forward with following Leland’s - Leland’s! - instructions?

The cult storyline seemed disjointed to me as well. What was growling in the barn? 

Ben needs to swear off romance for a while. Geez.

• Like 1
  • Love 12

Candle
Blood
Song

CBS.  Les Moonves is the five-eyed boss!

I think something happened to Ben. He seemed too nonchalant about it. And why can't we at least find out if Kristen has suspicions about hubby? I love this show, but it's maddening.

KH was fantastic when she told off the Church!Guy..."Do you have children?" "No." "Then shut the f up." She's such a fine actor. I need to look for more stuff with her in it.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, WAnglais1 said:

Candle
Blood
Song

CBS.  Les Moonves is the five-eyed boss!

I think something happened to Ben. He seemed too nonchalant about it. And why can't we at least find out if Kristen has suspicions about hubby? I love this show, but it's maddening.

KH was fantastic when she told off the Church!Guy..."Do you have children?" "No." "Then shut the f up." She's such a fine actor. I need to look for more stuff with her in it.

I would gladly watch Kristen just going around telling obnoxious men in general to fuck off, whatever the reason :p. 

I agree that Ben was affected somehow by the cult. Even if he's not sucked into their beliefs, having goat's blood dumped on you has to have some impact (for a moment I was afraid that Renee would potentially stab herself with that huge sword. Just as I was worried about that mom stabbing herself with the scissors in the prior episode. Seems to be a theme of late. 

I totally didn't catch the CBS thing, but oooh, good eye. That's funny, if that's the case. 

1 hour ago, sharifa70 said:

Was anyone else yelling at Kurt to stop being an idiot? What the hell was he thinking to actually go forward with following Leland’s - Leland’s! - instructions?

Yes, but in some ways it also doesn't surprise me that he did. He'd floated the book idea last season, too, much to the team's chagrin, and Sister Andrea clearly wasn't on board with the idea, either. And yet, that doesn't stop him from wanting to write the book, so he's already primed to be open to an evil influence that would allow him to write the book, concerns and potential consequences of doing so be damned.

And Leland knows that, so of course he'll gladly take advantage of the obvious exploitative potential that would come with Boggs writing about his experiences, and potentially those of the team's as well. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Okay, so I was too eager to see this episode right when it dropped that I paused Only Murders in the Building, right in the middle of a scene where party guests are playing a card draw mystery game where they have to figure out who got the killer card. Scene in Evil: card draw mystery game at Kristen's! (Count Floyd: Oooh, scary, boys and girls!) Somehow, this has to be a consequence of continuing to skip the intro. 👻 

I did the SAME THING! I watched back-to-back, and I had never heard of that game before today. So weird. I wonder if they have writers in common because that's such a bizarre coincidence. 

I liked Dr. Bogg's turn to the dark side, and IMO it fits with what we know of his character. He was entirely disinterested in finding spiritual enlightenment and only wanted to turn a profit or gain status from his experience, so he's pretty ripe for the picking. I doubt Leland would even introduce him to the occult if he wasn't aware of how it would play out. 

I HATED the entire farm storyline. Zero answers to the possessed person of the week. And no way Ben is just staggering out bemused over his whole traumatic ordeal. I thought he seemed like he was already entranced at some point, because how was he putting all his skepticism aside to bang the hot science nerd who is also claiming to literally channel Christ in a cult that has already led to one person's demise? Why would he even entertain staying. I get the promise of sex is powerful, but...c'mon,

Co-sign on the idea that the whole science group (is that their actual name? lol) is in on this. The woman running the app last week was also really sketchy, and I was expecting her to pop back up again. It seems like an awful lot of these organizations are manipulating the team's weak spots. 

And the Entity claiming to let Leland in to keep their enemy closer is also pretty confusing, considering the church was granting him access to Lexis and allowing his testimony to put Sister Andrea away. We want to keep an eye on him, so we're going to give him a huge amount of power to continue to groom your daughter. 

Edited by RedInk
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Ben really needs to find a nice normal girl who doesn’t  have her twin sister attached to her or is Jesus to a cult.  

It was only a matter of time before  the show circled back to RSM fertility and the evil gene in Kristen’s DNA.  I  am not sure who I trust less Leland or the dude from the entity.  Shows that there really is a thin line between good and evil.

Dr. Boggs is really going through some shit.  I think he and Sister  Andrea  have a different idea of what to do with a spiritual awakening.  For Sister Andrea it has always been a deeply personal thing so when Boggs brings up sharing his by writing a book it  offends her on some level and makes him ripe for the picking for Leland who can push him in any direction he needs to. 

Edited by Chaos Theory
Autocorrect
  • Love 7

Jeez, Ben, can you not find a nice girl to settle down with (or even to screw). The guy’s a batshit crazy magnet! 

Kristen and her freaky Margaritas. And David and Ben always drink them. You’d think they’d know better by now.  Boys, learn the phrase “Thanks, I’m good.”  

I’m eagerly awaiting the episode where Kurt tries to cut Sister Andrea’s hair. That rope mop is going to be doing more than wiping up the floor, me suspects! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, ferjy said:

Kristen and her freaky Margaritas. And David and Ben always drink them. You’d think they’d know better by now.  Boys, learn the phrase “Thanks, I’m good.”

I love that they’re willing to give it a try.

I had completely forgotten about the Killer game until this episode, and then I flashed back to slumber parties and Girl Scout camp. That game was definitely a thing!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

Dr. Boggs is really going through some shit.  I think he and Sister  Andrea  have a different idea of what to do with a spiritual awakening.  For Sister Andrea it has always been a deeply personal thing so when Boggs brings up sharing his by writing a book it  offends her on some level and makes him ripe for the picking for Leland who can push him in any direction he needs to. 

Exactly! A spiritual awakening, or epiphany, is a very personal thing. It's not something one tries to make money from. (Never end a sentence with a preposition.)

1 hour ago, ferjy said:

Jeez, Ben, can you not find a nice girl to settle down with (or even to screw). The guy’s a batshit crazy magnet! 

I’m eagerly awaiting the episode where Kurt tries to cut Sister Andrea’s hair. That rope mop is going to be doing more than wiping up the floor, me suspects! 

I have a friend who only dated crazy women. He said the reasons were self-explanatory. 

Pop rock margaritas cracked me up (no pun). That's like sorority girl drinking. 

Sister Andrea is not to be messed with at all. She's like trying to debate a Jesuit. They'll cut you, in a totally spiritual sense. 

• Love 3

Breaking Ben’s Brain

Breaking Kristen’s Heart/Soul

Breaking David’s faith.

Season 3 of Evil

Ben needs a girlfriend STAT

Girls with their twin sister still attached or part of a cult need not apply.   

Psyche eval required:  send to Dr. Kristen Bouchard.  Email available upon request.  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, phalange said:

I assume they know that Sheryl is hanging around Leland and influencing Lexis.

Yeah, if The Entity knows everything, why haven't they mentioned (or tried to stop) Sheryl? And her weird doll! Do they know that Leland is kidnapping people and draining their Precious Bodily Fluids? I smell a great big rat. LIke after telling David NEVER to tell anyone, especially Kristen, about their work, they just pull her right in the room and read her in.

Poor Ben. He ha the worst luck with women!

• Love 7

I’m watching the credits (because now I HAVE to apparently 🤣) and I noticed one of the guest stars was named Anoop Desai. I thought that name sounded familiar & I was right: he was on American Idol back in 2009! (Glad to know he did something with his music! Lol)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

I’m not feeling well, but I loved the episode.  David didn’t betray Kristen, and she got answers as to what’s going on with him, and her daughter.  I thought it showed that the love of someone, could do more than priests in an exorcism - a parallel to Kristen and Lexis.  
Poor goat, and poor Ben. I’m glad he’s okay.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Where is Lila? Her absence on the game night was not mentioned or addressed. 😳

Kurt shouldn’t have trusted Leland so quickly after he stole Kristen’s notes from his office. He knew about this. The candle must be infused with something and that song must be set at certain frequency, both to trigger hallucinations.

I wish the show could have introduced other way to bring in the farm/cult story as the Owen Venegas arc was sloppy and uninteresting. When I saw the promo pics for this episode, I thought it was Mitch (the cannibal guy) who was possessed. That would make more sense if the show wants to start unveiling Sheryl to the trio.

I know EVIL wants us to believe that the construction guy put the surveillance toy in Lexis’ room but what if Sheryl who did that? What if she’s secretly working with The Entity to take down Leland.

David saw a demon book in the girls’ room. Is he going to do something about it, alerting Kristen etc?

David and Kristen should pay more attention to Ben from now on. After went through a satanic ritual sacrifice, he may not be the same Ben anymore. 

Kristen’s “am going to hug my daughter” response to Victor LeConte’s reveal was melodramatic and kind of hypocrite. Her tears quickly dried after the phone call. She straight away went to save Lilli then Ben, Lexis was put on hold. Kristen is so in denial. She is good in avoiding the hard truths. She knows something isn’t right with Lexis, she can feel it but keeps brushing it off. She knows something isn’t right with Andy too. Did she do anything about it? Nope. Nothing so far. Work is more important to her. 🙄

If The Entity knows everything, they must’ve known about Sheryl leading a demon house, Andy is missing, Leland and his Bumblebee Valley fiasco. Kristen should have stayed and listened to what more Victor is going to reveal. Not a smart move Kristen!

Don’t be fooled! This sweet girl, she can smell death (rotten flesh) and blood. She has (imaginary) tail and fangs. She bit off her dentist’s finger and her mom was okay with it.

BDE562D8-C1F8-4B2E-9C7B-AB5584263E37.jpeg

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
Rephrased
  • Love 3

This whole Entity story looks ridiculous to me.
The way they ask David to do their "errands"   is stupid. "Be there in 10 mins", "go there NOW no matter what", "do this without asking"...
I mean common,  he is a priest not a stand by firefighter waiting by the pole for the alarm to ring. 
And they should had trained people to do the missions not just a priest, no matter how loyal he is. 
Apparently they chose him cause he is close to Kristen.

Talking about Kristen, she got that something was off with David's behavior, but didn't get there is something wrong with her hubby talking like a bot in all of their video calls. Well, we know why, don't we?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Zaffy said:

This whole Entity story looks ridiculous to me.
The way they ask David to do their "errands"   is stupid. "Be there in 10 mins", "go there NOW no matter what", "do this without asking"...
I mean common,  he is a priest not a stand by firefighter waiting by the pole for the alarm to ring. 
And they should had trained people to do the missions not just a priest, no matter how loyal he is. 
Apparently they chose him cause he is close to Kristen.

But that EXACTLY how you groom people.  We are seeing it with Boggs and Leland.  And we saw it a bit with The Entity and David.  You don’t just ask someone to do something really bad until they have skin in the game.   So you first ask them to do something silly or simple.  In David’s case he got brought in deeper into what was going on with the sigils.  In Bogg’s case he got to see the darker side of the occult.   And now to get another taste The Entity asked David to do something bad and he balked.  Boggs on the other hand has been rebuffed by his attempts to get what he has needed from Sister Andrea and Leland is due a win.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 7/24/2022 at 2:41 AM, Scout Finch said:

Okay, so I was too eager to see this episode right when it dropped that I paused Only Murders in the Building, right in the middle of a scene where party guests are playing a card draw mystery game where they have to figure out who got the killer card.

I've been playing that game since I was a kid, we always called it assassin or spy, its hilarious seeing it as a major part of two shows I watch in the same week!

Poor Ben just has zero luck with the ladies, it might just be time for him to take a break. Its all twin ghosts and cult leaders, why cant he just meet a nice normal girl with no interest in pigs blood? 

I really wanted to see more resolution to the cult story, it feels like it just stopped instead of ending. Was the guy possessed? Was the deprogrammer a scam artist or was he sincere? What was with the growling? What happened to everyone who was involved? Why did they just seem to abandon the whole plot before we got even a bit of closure? I am usually fine with this show leaving things ambiguous, but this just seemed unfinished. 

Kurt you moron, why are you listening to Leland's obviously creepy ass self? Good luck trying to take hair from Sister Andrea, I hope you weren't too attached to that hand. 

I am really glad that Kristin knows about the groups interest in her and Lexis, and that she knows that David is trying to look out for her. Plus its always nice to see Ben and David hanging out with the girls, even in these weird, creepy circumstances. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Kurt you moron, why are you listening to Leland's obviously creepy ass self?

Not to mention, is Kristen still seeing Kurt as a therapist? GEEZ! 

As much havoc as Leland causes, I've realized he really isn't a big guy on the dark side. He plays tricks, he's good at creating conflict...but he's not the head of a sigil (that we know of). He was outsmarted by 4 adolescent girls, Sheryl has threatened to cut off his dick. Kristen nailed him in the head with her shoe.

So he's a wannabe...and I think whoever calls him on this might bring him down.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, kwnyc said:

As much havoc as Leland causes, I've realized he really isn't a big guy on the dark side. He plays tricks, he's good at creating conflict...but he's not the head of a sigil (that we know of). He was outsmarted by 4 adolescent girls, Sheryl has threatened to cut off his dick. Kristen nailed him in the head with her shoe.

So he's a wannabe...and I think whoever calls him on this might bring him down.

He's middle management in Hell.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
30 minutes ago, WAnglais1 said:

He's middle management in Hell.

I cant wait for the day when his boss finally shows up with his annual performance review...and its not good. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

“Your daughter, Lexis, is being groomed. She’s being influenced by others to carry on a demonic tradition. This a map you’ll recognize. This sigil here, that is the one your daughter is being groomed for. It is a key sigil. Many rely on it as a leader. It matters more to us than 20 of the others.”

- Victor LeConte

S03•E04: Victor crossed out several sigils and told David those demon houses have been abolished.

S03•E07: Victor showed Kristen the sigil of a demon house that Lexis is being groomed for.

Same sigils.

Is Victor lying? 🤔🤨

image_6483441.JPG

BTS.

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I liked this episode.   It held my interest from start to finish.

I admire Ben's refusal to bend to other opinions even when his life may be on the line.   He would rather suffer the consequences than appease whatever audience is confronting him (the Vidtappers last week, the cult members this week).

I understand the criticisms that the show is leaving too many loose ends.  I may be wrong, but I think the idea is to show that the forces of evil are flooding the zone and the team can barely keep up.  There's rarely a decisive win or even a completed case.  Instead they seem to emerge from each adventure with a fragment or two of new information which I suspect may lead them to the heart of the trouble at some future point.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 7/24/2022 at 6:04 AM, phalange said:

Ben really has the worst luck with romantic partners.

I love Ben, but I'm going to have to say that one was 100% on him. He was working. He had sex with a woman he barely knows who is the cult leader of a cult site they were investigating, and he ditched the investigation to drink with and bang the cult leader before they finished looking into it. He deserved what he got!

On 7/24/2022 at 8:14 AM, AnimeMania said:

Good casting for the goat I would believe it was a demon. They should have filmed it from the ground to make it look bigger, the thing was tiny.

I think that might have been deliberate, to show it was just a little innocent dude and these are not safe people.

On 7/24/2022 at 12:29 PM, Madding crowd said:

I liked that we found out about the Vatican groups interest in Lexie, and Kristen now knows to be extra vigilant. However, they are still cramming in too many separate things and not finishing the story. Was the guy really possessed or was the deprogrammer evil? 

Yeah, I didn't understand the ending to that. His girlfriend's voice broke through to him? That's all he needed? But he was possessed and the exorcism wasn't working? Huh?

• Love 8
10 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

S03•E04: Victor crossed out several sigils and told David those demon houses have been abolished.

S03•E07: Victor showed Kristen the sigil of a demon house that Lexis is being groomed for.

Same sigils.

Is Victor lying? 🤔🤨

Continuity error?

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 7/24/2022 at 9:41 AM, Scout Finch said:

Andrea Martin was in the last episode of Only Murders. So here is your connection.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Oh, I forgot about the therapist going all-in with a small satanic ritual. Crikey. Maybe it was a hallucination, some sort of hypnosis, but I don't think so. 

On 7/24/2022 at 12:31 PM, sharifa70 said:

The cult storyline seemed disjointed to me as well. What was growling in the barn? 

The cult part of the episode reminded me a little of an episode of Veronica Mars from years ago. In that episode, Veronica also visited a farm setting where a "cult" was based, and there was a barn that she was told was off limits, and disturbing noises came from it. Multiple misunderstandings later, it turns out that there was a pretty aggressive, "wild" stallion in the barn that most people had to stay away from for their safety. I wondered if this farm would have something similar.

What the heck is Boggs thinking??? I think what they showed hardly qualified as "writer's block". He barely gave it a chance. Where were his notes? Didn't he even try to just write free form about what he experienced and felt? 

I also had to laugh when Leland was listing all the writers who asked about how to get the muse back (Hemingway, Fitzgerald, etc.) and Boggs asked what they had to do. My guess - DRINKING! That's what they had in common, not a demonic influence. (Although perhaps you could refer to "demon rum" I suppose).

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I also had to laugh when Leland was listing all the writers who asked about how to get the muse back (Hemingway, Fitzgerald, etc.) and Boggs asked what they had to do. My guess - DRINKING! That's what they had in common, not a demonic influence. (Although perhaps you could refer to "demon rum" I suppose).

LOL, I thought the same thing!  I wonder if Leland will try that method next. Would make it a lot harder for Boggs to be of any help to Kristen if he's drunk as hell all the time, after all. 

Plus, it'd fit in perfectly with this show's ability to walk that fine line of whether or not someone's awful behavior is the result of something typical, like a drinking problem, or something more supernatural (if Leland messed with the rum somehow). 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I was disappointed in this episode and overall really dislike the Boggs being made a major character who now has his own plot as well as the parts he plays in Kristen's and Sister Andrea's plots (and why did he get called to examine SA and testify at her tribunal--did Kristen recommend him, and if so, wouldn't the tribunal/church want a psychiatrist not connected to Kristen?). Boggs is presumably a highly educated person (you can't be a psychiatrist without years of training after college), so why would he fall so easily for Leland's ridiculous instructions? And why wouldn't he at least attempt to do some research on the topics he wants to write about before giving up? It seemed like he just started trying to write without any knowledge of the topic other than his personal encounter with the demon and what little he has witnessed with the team.

I wish instead of focusing on Boggs the writers would give some explanation of what's going on with Sheryl--I intensely dislike her character but still want to know if she has her own agenda and how she can apparently love her daughter and grandkids while otherwise being evil. 

More specifically to this episode, I disliked the whole cult story. Maybe it's because I watch too many shows that have cults as a plot element, but it just felt trite and silly. And Ben, who is naturally suspicious anyway, should have known better than to fall for the leader's seduction. 

I don't have more to add about this episode because you have all made such great comments--I enjoy reading them even when I don't like an episode because your insights and humor are spot on.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Paloma said:

And Ben,

It's been a while since I've watched EVIL and when you said Ben, I thought for a minute that was Michael Emerson's character, until I realized that was his name on LOST.  LOL!  He's such a good actor!!

• LOL 2
5 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:
1 hour ago, Paloma said:

And Ben,

It's been a while since I've watched EVIL and when you said Ben, I thought for a minute that was Michael Emerson's character, until I realized that was his name on LOST.  LOL!  He's such a good actor!!

He is, but I gave up on Lost before the character of Ben became central, so I don't have the same association with that name for that actor. I am sometimes tempted to go back to Lost to see what I missed, but I've already read about the ending so not sure it's worth it.