Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 7/25/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, July 25 – Charlamagne tha God “Comedy Central’s Hell of a Week With Charlamagne Tha God”); “The Ladies Get Lit”; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, July 26 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Michael Strahan (“The $100,000 Pyramid” and “Good Morning America”); “The Ladies Get Lit”

Wednesday, July 27 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Neil Patrick Harris (“Uncoupled”); “The Ladies Get Lit”

Thursday, July 28 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Nathan Lane (Emmy nominee, “Only Murders in the Building”); “The Ladies Get Lit”

Friday, July 29 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Billy Porter (“Anything’s Possible”); B.J. Novak (“Vengeance”); “The Ladies Get Lit”

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Prairie Rose said:

Oh, brother. Isn't this the last week of the season? If she's on, they're probably going to announce it and make it official. 😣

Probably the end of the season; I think that they usually do the books during their last week. 

When Whoopi tells someone to come back as a guest host, I wonder if that’s her way of telling TIIC that she doesn’t care for their guest host choices. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

Oh, brother. Isn't this the last week of the season? If she's on, they're probably going to announce it and make it official. 😣

2 weeks left

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
On 7/22/2022 at 2:44 PM, StaceyNotStacie said:

Probably the end of the season; I think that they usually do the books during their last week. 

When Whoopi tells someone to come back as a guest host, I wonder if that’s her way of telling TIIC that she doesn’t care for their guest host choices. 

What is TIIC?  TIA

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, geekburger said:

It’s a safe assumption that it’s between Alyssa and Lindsey for the fifth chair. 

Yeah.  I was hoping for Tara, but I don't see it happening.  

I love Ladies Get Lit, so I'm in for the entire week.

• Like 3

Ana had a good one-liner response to Gaetz, which is really all he's worth, but I did think Sara had the best comments on that one. She's right that he's another one whose idea of policy revolves around whatever has affected him personally and since he's not a woman, he doesn't care. Also, as Whoopi brought up on the show, I'm not surprised someone accused of trafficking women like property doesn't care about women's rights.

Whoopi looked totally unlike herself in that film clip. She must've filmed it back during the pandemic or around the time the show first returned to in-studio shows.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Does anyone recall today's book recommendation?

"Hollywood Ending: Harvey Weinstein and the Culture of Silence" by Ken Auletta

"Remarkably Bright Creatures: A Novel" by Shelby Van Pelt

"Charlotte Sophia: Myth, Madness and the Moor" by Tina Andrews

• Thanks 1
(edited)

I liked Charlamagne tha God. He is dead balls on right about Liz Cheney. Like Chris Rock says. "People don't get credit for stuff they are supposed to be doing". FFS-they are supposed to be defending democracy and since only two of their party have enough decency are doing it, we are supposed to fawn over them? Anybody that supported him and voted with him after the mocking of the disabled journalist is trash and they don't get to redeem themselves now. Looking at you Amy Farah Griffin. 

Also-The View is trash for capitalizing on these cohosts who finally turned on TFG and seek to redeem themselves and I am trash for watching it. 

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

"Hollywood Ending: Harvey Weinstein and the Culture of Silence" by Ken Auletta

"Remarkably Bright Creatures: A Novel" by Shelby Van Pelt

"Charlotte Sophia: Myth, Madness and the Moor" by Tina Andrews

I've just reserved the Weinstein book at my library.

34 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I liked Charlamagne tha God

I agreed with everything he said. It's not enough to keep warding off the threats to democracy.  We need to make sure the threats have no chance of succeeding. 

12 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

Even though Sunny wasn’t there, the panel is fine as it is. There is pretty good chemistry with the current hosts (including Ana). Let them keep the regular rotation and keep inviting guest hosts when necessary. 

I would be fine with that but ABC seems hellbent on having a conservative at the table full time.  Funny how I don't see viewers clamoring for that.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

would be fine with that but ABC seems hellbent on having a conservative at the table full time.  Funny how I don't see viewers clamoring for that.

I think the viewers would be OK with it if said conservative didn't act like the previous blonde or wasn't a refugee from the previous administration. Someone normal, in other words. I wouldn't care if they hired an unknown conservative panelist as long as she acted normal. Obviously, Teta and ABC have other ideas. 😬🤢

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

Sara was right to a degree when they were talking about so many refused to codify same-sex marriage and she said they simply didn't want to give Biden, Pelosi, etc. a "win," but it's worse than that. They wouldn't vote to codify those rights even if they were in power and could give themselves the win, because they are against those freedoms outright. Sort of goes back to something Whoopi said yesterday that is true, that when they come for one group, they eventually go for all of them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Regarding the folks who claim that the insurrectionists were BLM or Antifa-if that is so why did trump take so long to denounce the violence? if he thought they were "the other side" he would have had them all shot. 

Also why would BLM or Antifa have beef with Pence and want to hang him? It makes no sense.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Applause 3
  • Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Could someone who watched the show kindly post the The Ladies Get Lit picks? 

A Frog Named Earl: A Tale of Adventure, Courage, Friendship and Acceptance by E. Trewin and S. Beyer

Invisible Storm: A Soldier's Memoir of Politics and PTSD by Jason Kander

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Regarding the folks who claim that the insurrectionists were BLM or Antifa-if that is so why did trump take so long to denounce the violence? if he thought they were "the other side" he would have had them all shot. 

Also why would BLM or Antifa have beef with Pence and want to hang him? It makes no sense.

Do you expect any of it to make sense? 😄

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I still don't understand why the police didn't start shooting as soon they broke through the first barrier or at the very least the second some entered the building, no matter who they were supposedly supporting.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Trump said he loved them in his recorded video telling them to go home. Why some are still saying this is boggling.   It sounded like Pence was REALLY in danger of being executed.  Freaky.

I will never come back to The View if they hire an ex Trump person.  Bridge too far ABC.  Everyone associated with that buffoon needs to slink away forever.

• Applause 3
  • Love 2

The funniest line today was this:

”Mike? You in danger, man.”

Me:🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

I wish Whoopi had said “Boy” instead though.

And again with Alyssa telling us that people only care about gas prices and their savings, instead of what the January 6 hearings and news about testimony before the grand jury. Just SHUT UP.

Because while it’s not consistent everywhere, gas prices have dropped. And again, someone needs to explain to her that the government doesn’t control those prices.  

And boo-freakin’-hoo! Her Daddy didn’t come to her wedding. 

And If she is their choice, I’m OUT.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The funniest line today was this:

”Mike? You in danger, man.”

Me:🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

I wish Whoopi had said “Boy” instead though.

And again with Alyssa telling us that people only care about gas prices and their savings, instead of what the January 6 hearings and news about testimony before the grand jury. Just SHUT UP.

Because while it’s not consistent everywhere, gas prices have dropped. And again, someone needs to explain to her that the government doesn’t control those prices.  

And boo-freakin’-hoo! Her Daddy didn’t come to her wedding. 

And If she is their choice, I’m OUT.

Just saw she is and I am out.  HUGE mistake.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Just saw she is and I am out.  HUGE mistake.  

Coming off the DVR now! I will miss the other ladies (yes, even Whoopi!), but they're not enough to make me stay for a "storm trooper". Boo hiss to the producers, ABC and Disney. 😫😫😫😫😫

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

I am tiptoeing out to say that I don't mind Alyssa being named a cohost, considering they could have chosen Lindsey or Stephanie. I would have preferred Tara, but I can tolerate Alyssa. 

• Like 6

Alas, Lindsey is back to Denver and DBL. Frankly, that show is a much better fit for her anyway - you can tell she is comfortable and being herself there. Here, I always had the feeling she was trying to be something she wasn't. 

I wonder if Joy, Whoopi, Sara and Sunny had any say in this casting. Have any of them publicly commented yet?

1 minute ago, Prairie Rose said:

Alas, Lindsey is back to Denver and DBL. Frankly, that show is a much better fit for her anyway - you can tell she is comfortable and being herself there. Here, I always had the feeling she was trying to be something she wasn't. 

I wonder if Joy, Whoopi, Sara and Sunny had any say in this casting. Have any of them publicly commented yet?

How is Lindsey like on her show? I am curious to know,  she never really bothered me. I always got the vibe that the producers were telling her to be antagonistic to make "sparks" as Sweaty Bill Geddie used to say when he ran the show.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

How is Lindsey like on her show? I am curious to know,  she never really bothered me. I always got the vibe that the producers were telling her to be antagonistic to make "sparks" as Sweaty Bill Geddie used to say when he ran the show.

Well, here's the link to the DBL YouTube channel. Put Lindsey's name in their search box and see her with the co-ed panel as they all play very well off each other.

https://youtube.com/c/DailyBlastLIVE

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, Kenz said:

I am tiptoeing out to say that I don't mind Alyssa being named a cohost, considering they could have chosen Lindsey or Stephanie. I would have preferred Tara, but I can tolerate Alyssa. 

8 hours ago, Axie said:

I don’t mind Alyssa as much as I do Lindsey, but, for her to be rewarded for her affiliations with Trump, is a hard pill to swallow.

Let's make it a table for three.  I don't like Alyssa but I can tolerate her.  I find her much more engaging than the blond who used to sit in that chair.  Actually both blonds that used to sit in that chair. When the other cohosts are talking about Republicans in a negative way she doesn't take it personally.   She has only brought up her father twice that I recall and both times it was relevant to the conversation so I doubt we are going to be hearing myfather ad nauseam.   She doesn't act like talking about pop culture is beneath her.  She actually worked in politics and wasn't just living politics adjacent.  If I'm wrong and she turns out to be a shrill harpie pushing an agenda I give my fellow posters permission to tell me I told you so.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

The R's they've hired have mostly been tolerable until they got the job. After that they became intolerable. The last blonde didn't even have to audition so that made her ego over having been hired even worse. I had been DVR'ing the show and watching every so often usually when none of the auditioning hosts were on. After this latest news I took it off the DVR. Since I was barely watching anymore anyway stopping completely again like when the last blonde was still on in that seat won't be hard. I'll probably keep up with the show in the weekly threads to see how this latest hire works out for them.

On 7/22/2022 at 4:44 PM, StaceyNotStacie said:

Can you imagine if everyone she has ever said that to, all showed up on the same day?!!!! 

This show is notorious for hiring the absolute WORST toxic mix for hosts! If they make the same mistake they made with The Poison Dwarf, they will lose viewers in record numbers AGAIN! Do they ever learn?!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

I’m with Joy in thinking Garland will never prosecute a former president, especially if he announces he’s running again. It’s wishful thinking for Sunny.

Wow!  NPH is 49?!?  He does still look like a kid. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 3
  • Love 6

I agree with Joy, too--I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to Trump being held accountable. This is all hot air from Garland because people have called out the DoJ for having one standard for Trump and one standard for everyone else involved in January 6th. Nobody is supposed to be above the law, but clearly there are people above the law these days when having been in the Oval Office means you're given a pass because it would be "disruptive" to charge you for your crimes.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agree with Joy, too--I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to Trump being held accountable. This is all hot air from Garland because people have called out the DoJ for having one standard for Trump and one standard for everyone else involved in January 6th. Nobody is supposed to be above the law, but clearly there are people above the law these days when having been in the Oval Office means you're given a pass because it would be "disruptive" to charge you for your crimes.

Thus proving him right when he said what he said about being able to shoot people & getting away with it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

I'm not a fan of Alyssa, but I knew I most likely wouldn't be a fan of whoever they hired, particularly after it came down to four in the running (Tara, Stephanie, Alyssa, Lindsey). The only conservatives they've had on this show I've liked are Ana and Paula (I liked Paula in spite of her views since she could turn them off and get along with the others). Alyssa couldn't ruin this show even if she tried her worst. Sunny alone could handle her.

I definitely respect anyone who chooses to drop the show because of her though, but for me Joy, Sara, Sunny, and Ana are still enough to keep watching. I personally found Jedidiah and especially McCain much worse... Those two may have not been in the administration, but they defended it the same as if they were, so....

• Like 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Let's make it a table for three.  I don't like Alyssa but I can tolerate her.  I find her much more engaging than the blond who used to sit in that chair.  Actually both blonds that used to sit in that chair. When the other cohosts are talking about Republicans in a negative way she doesn't take it personally.   She has only brought up her father twice that I recall and both times it was relevant to the conversation so I doubt we are going to be hearing myfather ad nauseam.   She doesn't act like talking about pop culture is beneath her.  She actually worked in politics and wasn't just living politics adjacent.  If I'm wrong and she turns out to be a shrill harpie pushing an agenda I give my fellow posters permission to tell me I told you so.

Table for four for all the same exact reasons!

Alyssa is hardly the first host to be part of or defend a controversial administration, and I'm sure she won't be the last.