Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 7/25/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Good show today, especially Billy Porter. I ended up agreeing with Ana for most of hot topics, whether it was comparing Biden to Trump in the first segment or mocking how much gravity people have attached to the Will Smith discussion among so many serious things happening these days in the second segment. Like Sunny, I think Will Smith should also apologize to Sykes, Hall, and Schumer.

• Applause 5
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Where’s Will Smith been for the last few  months with his apology?  Guess his wallet is suffering so he finally had to say something.

A local radio show host said she was a producer before and thought this was such a produced and fake “apology”. Many also noted he doesn’t really say he’s sorry.  He was hoping that the backlash would fade and it hasn’t and so he now decides he needs to do something  to  try to win people and studios back.  I don’t think it was that real.  

• Like 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think Will Smith should also apologize to Sykes, Hall, and Schumer.

And the "Real Instigator," Mrs. Smith leaves unscathed as usual.  Many of us saw her give him "the eye"...and he's too afraid of her to NOT take some sort of action.  How and why does she wield such power?

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Will Smith should have apologized to all of them almost FIVE months ago.  I think any apologies he makes now are pretty meaningless and self serving.

• Applause 8
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Just typical fear mongering in a butter wouldn't melt in her mouth voice. I think she's worse, because she hides her ugliness, unlike Ms. Twatty.

I agree 100%. Still, we'll see how long the ugliness will stay hidden now that she's got the gig! 

1 hour ago, Axie said:

Will Smith should have apologized to all of them almost FIVE months ago.  I think any apologies he makes now are pretty meaningless and self serving.

That was the most insincere, phony video I have seen from anyone not involved in politics! If Will was so concerned about Chris, he would have contacted him months ago and in private. Not buying his contrite act.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

I agree 100%. Still, we'll see how long the ugliness will stay hidden now that she's got the gig! 

That was the most insincere, phony video I have seen from anyone not involved in politics! If Will was so concerned about Chris, he would have contacted him months ago and in private. Not buying his contrite act.

While there are more "serious" issues around, Will Smith could be a positive example for many people if he makes a true, sincere apology for this incident without publicizing it. Putting out a video and hoping that Chris Rock would accept this type of proxy apology that doesn't involve Smith taking real responsibility for his obnoxious, immature behavior is just self-serving.

• Applause 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/30/2022 at 2:08 PM, KittyQ said:

Putting out a video and hoping that Chris Rock would accept this type of proxy apology that doesn't involve Smith taking real responsibility for his obnoxious, immature behavior is just self-serving.

And it basically says that Chris Rock has to come to Will Smith to get an apology, which probably wouldn't be any more sincere. Why should Chris bother and indulge the narcissist?

Edited by deirdra
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3