Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 7/25/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Has it been confirmed they're interviewing for a co-host by rotating candidates?  As a long-time viewer, most of the positions have been filled by someone who was never rotating in the empty seat with a few exceptions (Elisabeth Hasselbeck.) They always seem to spring someone out of left field. 

26 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I had never had a Choco Taco until I moved to Idaho. I can confirm-they are delicious. I think this is a marketing ploy and expect it to be resurrected.

Colbert did a piece on this last night and he provided a statement from Klondike that they did this because of “requests” for more different varieties in the past two years.

I’m sure it will come back.

I 🤦🏽‍♀️ when Sara brought up Pudding Pops. Considering who its spokesperson was.

22 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Has it been confirmed they're interviewing for a co-host by rotating candidates?  As a long-time viewer, most of the positions have been filled by someone who was never rotating in the empty seat with a few exceptions (Elisabeth Hasselbeck.) They always seem to spring someone out of left field. 

Yes. In the media and future host threads.

I understand what Joy is saying. But she’s also coming from the angle where she wants action NOW! A decision/conviction NOW! Well, before the elections anyway.

I’m more with Sunny. 

And again with the polls without identifying which poll it was? Do these 9 out of 10 realize what would happen with the economy or women’s and civil rights if the, as she put it, “crazies” had the majority/power?🙄🙄😒😒😒😒

It was hilarious how Whoopi totally didn’t give a shit about the Chaco Taco AND all of the others clutching their pearls about how people could be hiding in “crevices” which Sunny was using incorrectly. I just can’t abide Sunny’s childish reactions when discussing pop culture.

Loved seeing Neal Patrick Harris. And 😆 when he said how Whoopi checked out! Only he could get away with saying that.😆😆😆😆

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Loved seeing Neal Patrick Harris. And 😆 when he said how Whoopi checked out! Only he could get away with saying that.😆😆😆😆

I was surprised that they showed her fiddling around with her pen (?) during the discussion. I wonder if she does this all the time, and someone decided to stop shielding her. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I definitely respect anyone who chooses to drop the show because of her though, but for me Joy, Sara, Sunny, and Ana are still enough to keep watching. I personally found Jedidiah and especially McCain much worse... Those two may have not been in the administration, but they defended it the same as if they were, so....

I didn't watch when Jed was a cohost but when she zoomed in for her most recent visit I found her absolutely awful.   And Meghan was the worst with her pretending she wasn't supporting what was happening.  I can live with Alyssa being a Republican as long as she doesn't drink the Kool Aid again. 

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I could not have possibly watched Lindsey.

She would have made me quit. Between her and Michelle Tafoya I don't know which one would have driven me away faster.

23 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I was surprised that they showed her fiddling around with her pen (?) during the discussion.

Was it a vape pen because that would explain so much.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Choco tacos are amazing!  Taco Bell used to sell them and I'd get them all the time in high school (back in the late 90s).  I was annoyed by the co-hosts who'd never had one acting as if they were baffled by the concept.  It's just an ice cream cone folded like a taco shell with ice cream and chocolate inside.  It's not that hard to understand.  

Pudding pops were also amazing and now that Sarah brought them up, I'm going to have to make some homemade ones with my kids.

Edited by Snapdragon
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Natasha said:

"Multiple sources tell Variety that ABC executives have chosen Farah Griffin, 33, to join “The View” for its 26th season, which kicks off in the fall."

Trending on Twitter

4 hours ago, Mldyold said:

"Multiple sources tell Variety that ABC executives have chosen Farah Griffin, 33, to join “The View” for its 26th season, which kicks off in the fall."

Trending on Twitter

Well that’s not really an official decision, is it? It’s all “according to sources” and nothing from the show or network.

Yeah, yeah, grasping at straws.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Maybe the show should add a Male co host...it's made The Talk more lively and fun.  Could do wonders for this show

If so please don't let it be Dan Abrams

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, geekburger said:

No male cohosts. We don’t need a Talk 2.0. Changes the whole dynamic and goes against the premise of the entire show.

Exactly.  The whole premise was for women to discuss their views.  We don't need any mansplaining.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Exactly.  The whole premise was for women to discuss their views.  We don't need any mansplaining.

Why can't women have something all to themselves? why do men have to insert themselves in women's business? smh.

• Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, geekburger said:

No male cohosts. We don’t need a Talk 2.0. Changes the whole dynamic and goes against the premise of the entire show.

That's the exact reason why I gave up on The Talk after five years, and haven't regretted it.

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Hasselbeck will be back all next week to co host.  I fear they are trying to woo her again

Again, so happy to have taken the show off the DVR. She's probably there to close out the 25th anniversary celebrations, but I think even more people would tune out if she came back for good.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JayD83 said:

Hasselbeck will be back all next week to co host.  I fear they are trying to woo her again

Oh, really? Well, the thing is... I believe they reached out to Elisabeth and Jedidiah first when looking to fill the seat, but both put themselves off-limits because they wouldn't comply with ABC's vaccine requirements. Perhaps Elisabeth's changing her mind now they're about to move on to someone else, lol.

3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Why can't women have something all to themselves? why do men have to insert themselves in women's business? smh.

So agreed with this. Adding guys to the show was the worst decision The Talk could've made, imo. No interest.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Adding guys to the show was the worst decision The Talk could've made, imo. No interest.

I always felt that CBS should have changed the show's name, theme music, set design, etc., once the decision was made to have guys on the show full-time. It stopped being The Talk the second they gave Jerry O'Connell a contract. 

OK, end of rant. Next?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
11 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Alyssa: Blahblahblah. Manchin is not a "moderate," he is a conservative Democrat. And hard disagree with Sara. The only thing Manchin ever stood for was his wallet.

Unfortunately he is my Senator and I don't even know why he is still part of the Democratic Party.  Unless it's to get a lot of attention. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, bluegirl147 said:

Unfortunately he is my Senator and I don't even know why he is still part of the Democratic Party.  Unless it's to get a lot of attention. 

He does seem to enjoy the attention, from what I've seen.

(edited)

I don’t watch The Talk so was surprised to hear they have a male host and even more surprised it’s Jerry OConnell. Isn’t he a bit extra?  I know he’s supposed to be a really nice guy but I can only take him in small doses.

Of course Sunny wants Manny to only shower her with compliments. I’m sure Manny is aware that his life depends on it.

Only Murders is a fun show and Nathan Lane is wonderful on it. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Alyssa: Blahblahblah. Manchin is not a "moderate," he is a conservative Democrat. And hard disagree with Sara. The only thing Manchin any politician ever stood for was his their wallet.

FTFY

• Applause 1
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Who said they couldn't? As far as I can make out 1 person mentioned it & now it's men inserting themselves, ridiculous.

It wouldn't be the view with a man as a panelist so it should stay as all women.

1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Nope.

Yup. 😄

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don’t watch The Talk so was surprised to hear they have a male host and even more surprised it’s Jerry OConnell. Isn’t he a bit extra?  I know he’s supposed to be a really nice guy but I can only take him in small doses.

Of course Sunny wants Manny to only shower her with compliments. I’m sure Manny is aware that his life depends on it.

Only Murders is a fun show and Nathan Lane is wonderful on it. 

I might have given a male co-host a chance if it wasn't him. He is so hyper that it made me nervous just watching him! Thank goodness for the remote.

As for Sunny and Manny, no surprises there. I'm sure the poor guy has the florist on standby. 😉🤣😂

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

I might have given a male co-host a chance if it wasn't him. He is so hyper that it made me nervous just watching him! Thank goodness for the remote.

There were much better men they could've picked, but I thought it was a bad choice all around. I hope The View never goes that route.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

He reminds me of a child who is competing with siblings/cousins for attention and acts out to get that attention. I wonder if he’s intimidated by the other male cohost (former NFL player, tall, decent looking and possibly younger).  

• Useful 1

Sunny keeps mentioning that Brittney Griner was in Russia because she needed the money (as she only makes 200K per season) as if that is at all relevant to her case. Whether she went to make more money or because she loved Doctor Zhivago, the State Department should treat her the same as any other US citizen unfairly arrested abroad. Brittney doesn't make as much money as the players in the NBA. Lots of people don't make that much money; lots of people don't make as much money as Brittney, either. The pay disparity is an issue for the sports leagues to address and shouldn't have any import in the effort to have her released. 

One thing that the ladies did not mention is the possibility that by arresting and detaining US citizens, certain countries might make favorable deals to get some of their real criminals being held here released. Does the current discussion about releasing Brittney and Paul Whelan (held for several years on a charge of spying) for a guy known as the "Merchant of Death" sounds like an even swap? It seems possible that if any dangerous person from another country is apprehended, some (relatively) inoffensive American citizen will be detained as a pawn for future exchange. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I had stopped watching the show, regularly,  but would turn it on once in a while.  Wednesday's show was weird!  Sara brings up ChocoTaco, and all of a sudden Sunny is talking about a feminine hygiene product she can't  find in stores any more.  (of course, she indicated it was more of an underarm deodorant, but we all know Summers Eve is about your coochie)

Then they started talking about a phenomenon, or maybe a show, where people take over your house when you're out of town and it's all but impossible to evict them - but, no, let's talk about being afraid to go in a dark basement.   I wanted to know more about that clip they showed, but no time for that when everybody wanted to go off on their separate tangents. 

Suddenly I remembered why I stopped watching.

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Sunny keeps mentioning that Brittney Griner was in Russia because she needed the money (as she only makes 200K per season) as if that is at all relevant to her case. Whether she went to make more money or because she loved Doctor Zhivago, the State Department should treat her the same as any other US citizen unfairly arrested abroad. Brittney doesn't make as much money as the players in the NBA. Lots of people don't make that much money; lots of people don't make as much money as Brittney, either. The pay disparity is an issue for the sports leagues to address and shouldn't have any import in the effort to have her released. 

One thing that the ladies did not mention is the possibility that by arresting and detaining US citizens, certain countries might make favorable deals to get some of their real criminals being held here released. Does the current discussion about releasing Brittney and Paul Whelan (held for several years on a charge of spying) for a guy known as the "Merchant of Death" sounds like an even swap? It seems possible that if any dangerous person from another country is apprehended, some (relatively) inoffensive American citizen will be detained as a pawn for future exchange. 

Sunny's constant bringing up the pay difference between the NBA and the WNBA is beyond annoying.  Yes, in a perfect world, both sets of athletes would be paid the same but let's get real, the NBA brings in way more money than the WNBA, so of course those players get paid more.  I don't even watch professional sports and I can name a dozen NBA teams and a handful of players.  How many of those for the WNBA can I name?  Zero (Well, I guess now I can name Brittany Griner, so one.  I can name one WNBA player).  If the WNBA paid their players what the NBA paid theirs, I'm pretty sure they'd go broke pretty quickly.  And I don't know why she;s bringing up Title IX as that only applies to schools, not businesses.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

He reminds me of a child who is competing with siblings/cousins for attention and acts out to get that attention. I wonder if he’s intimidated by the other male cohost (former NFL player, tall, decent looking and possibly younger).  

I don't think there's jealousy tbh. Jerry's a nice guy who just has a high energy. I personally love it, but I know he's extra for a lot of people.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Sunny's constant bringing up the pay difference between the NBA and the WNBA is beyond annoying.  Yes, in a perfect world, both sets of athletes would be paid the same but let's get real, the NBA brings in way more money than the WNBA, so of course those players get paid more. 

To be fair, male and female players would be paid the same X percent of the ticket & TV money that they bring in, the same way actors get paid more if they are box office draws.  With team sports the top scorers, assistors (and preventors of scoring by the other team) would get bigger slices of that team's pie.

Yeah I hate when Sunny brings up the fact that Brittany Griner doesn't make as much as a male NBA player. I mean, she does have some privilege as she is able to leave her home/family for months on end to supplement her income. I certainly cannot do that and I don't even make a third of what Brittany makes! I'm thinking Brittany is trying to live beyond her means.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, Haleth said:

“Conservative environmentalist?”  Isn’t that an oxymoron?

More of Alyssa's bullshit. Did she name any of these purported Climate Conservatives? Remember how she claimed that American public didn't care about the January 6 hearings because they were more concerned about inflation, jobs, and gas prices? Now that the Democrats are pushing a bill to respond to those needs, she feels it won't be successful because blah blah blah blah blah. Typical Moving Goalpost maneuver. 🙄 If she indeed is The Chosen One, my eyeroll emojis will get a workout.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Sunny keeps mentioning that Brittney Griner was in Russia because she needed the money (as she only makes 200K per season) as if that is at all relevant to her case.

What if Brittney wasn't famous?  What if she was just an American who happened to be in Russia on vacation or work?  Would we even know her name?  Would this even be a topic on the View?

10 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

More of Alyssa's bullshit. Did she name any of these purported Climate Conservatives?

It's a little hard to believe she is a climate conservative when she supports a party who is anything but that.

10 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Remember how she claimed that American public didn't care about the January 6 hearings because they were more concerned about inflation, jobs, and gas prices? Now that the Democrats are pushing a bill to respond to those needs, she feels it won't be successful because blah blah blah blah blah. Typical Moving Goalpost maneuver.

I have no doubt this will be her MO throughout her tenure on the show. But as long as the others call her out I can live with it.  I loved how Sunny today said "Oh come on" when Alyssa said something that was ridiculous.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Remember how she claimed that American public didn't care about the January 6 hearings because they were more concerned about inflation, jobs, and gas prices? Now that the Democrats are pushing a bill to respond to those needs, she feels it won't be successful because blah blah blah blah blah. Typical Moving Goalpost maneuver. 🙄 If she indeed is The Chosen One, my eyeroll emojis will get a workout.

Seriously! And also telling people to don't bother looking at your retirement savings because we're thisclose to losing. Such, utter BULLSHIT. Because one, gas prices are going down, and continue to go down. Two, my retirement savings have been going up. It's been a very good two weeks. And as the rep for my 401K says: don't panic; we've survived worse and we will again. 

And to provide another example of how she's like Ms. Twatty, when the show was talking about the "Blue Wave" a couple years ago, she said "it would be telling" meaning she didn't think it would happen, and when it did happen, she said it didn't matter/made no difference. Ms, can't keep her mouth closed when not speaking is spouting and saying the same thing with respect to gas prices, inflation, retirement savings, and as you said, blah, blah, blah.

Just typical fear mongering in a butter wouldn't melt in her mouth voice. I think she's worse, because she hides her ugliness, unlike Ms. Twatty.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I know this would probably belong in the media thread but for those that are pissed about Alyssa, drink up, next week will be worse.

Thanks for the reminder!!!!  I thought oh noes when I first read the headline this week.  I just can't with her and won't!  I only watch for Joy and I find I like Sara.  Ana is also a keeper but the rest I could easily walk away for another few years.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Where’s Will Smith been for the last few  months with his apology?  Guess his wallet is suffering so he finally had to say something.

Oh gosh. His apology should be directly to Chris Rock in private and in person if Chris is amenable. Not a publicity stunt. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

What if Brittney wasn't famous?  What if she was just an American who happened to be in Russia on vacation or work?  Would we even know her name?  Would this even be a topic on the View?

Without going out on much of a limb, I would say no, we wouldn't know her name and no, this wouldn't even be topic. Most people detained abroad are "regular" people (meaning not particularly well-known). According to a website I visited there are at least 67 people who've "disappeared" in many countries. One good thing about Brittney Griner's case is that it brings the topic to public awareness. Although I think it is unclear if having publicity is good or bad for efforts to negotiate releases. If the View continues to mention Brittney Griner (and I think they will), I wish they would stop making it sound as if she was a financial refugee (suggesting that makes it more important for her to be released) and make the point that there are many US citizens who are still stuck in foreign countries. 

• Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3