Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E02: Nominations #1

Please Remember:  NO LIVE FEEDS TALK IN THE EPISODE THREADS.

• Start Topic

Yeah, we'll see how long that girl's alliance last once a couple of them start shacking up in night vision under the sheets with some muscle bound lunk heads.

Paloma is emerging as a villian to me...I don't like how she's targeting Taylor and rallying others to as well. If Taylor goes home early my interest will drop a good 25%. She's an early favorite for me. Stunningly beautiful.

Man...how much space do you have to have between your ears if you think Newark is a country? I suppose that Hackensack is continent to that girl as well?

After all these years when people have constantly used "we haven't talked game" as an excuse for a nomination...why would you not talk game with EVERYONE in order to close off that avenue of justification?

I was just happy to see people chilling in the pool and hanging out in the back yard. We didn't get any of that with CELEBRITY BB with the back yard always set up for comps. Oh and did anyone notice that shot when the people were on the balcony....in the background it looked like Indy was down by the pool wearing some kind of thong bathing suit that left nothing to the imagination on her backside.

How can Daniel be a superfan if he doesn't realize Have Not Volunteers have motivations. Maybe he's trolling us or Amira.

I thought Jasmine would be in danger this week when we got a big dose of backstory....as if they had to get it in before she went out.

Sorry Daniel but Nicole's hair is not all that and a bag of chips...she looked very pretty in her police photographs with the long hair. That aside she seems decent...I hope she didn't pick wrong for making Daniel her ride or die.

If you are going to make up fake careers how about more plausible ones? Just sayin'

• Like 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

If you are going to make up fake careers how about more plausible ones? Just sayin'

Yeah, every time one of them explained their fake job, I kept waiting/hoping that another houseguest would say, "That's wild!  I run an escape room too! Let's talk shop!"   

I think Taylor made a strategic mistake in hanging out with the boys, and showing off in that bathing suit while she performed her Mad Pool Skilz.  I know that most of them are thinking of their post-show careers in the entertainment industry, and she looked hot.  But she did nothing to endear herself to the women.   OTOH, if she had toned down her looks or tried to hang with the women, Paloma and Co. would just accuse her of being fake.  

Well, renewing my passport for a planned trip to Newark was certainly a waste of my time.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Sorry Daniel but Nicole's hair is not all that and a bag of chips...she looked very pretty in her police photographs with the long hair.

I love Nicole’s hairstyle and think she looks great. Much better than with longer hair. I’d be happy to see Taylor gone, I hate the women who always try to use their looks to get with the guys.

• Love 7
(edited)

Taylor's body IS spectacular though.... 

Daniel:  First of all, he seems terribly dumb, second of all, I just don't like his attitude.  And I was all set to like him too.   

Obviously I want the older people to do well on this show but that guy just sitting on his ass and waiting to be nominated?  Jeezus Murpheeeeeeee

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 3
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

I love Nicole’s hairstyle and think she looks great. Much better than with longer hair. I’d be happy to see Taylor gone, I hate the women who always try to use their looks to get with the guys.

Looks like we're the polar opposites on all things BB. Makes life fun I guess. Kind of like having different factions in the BB House.  LOL

• Like 2

Taylor sat on the pool table to make a shot. ONCE.  Two minutes later, they showed her doing it again.  But it was the exact same shot, from a different angle.  Production was trying to paint her as showing off even more than she was.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Looks like we're the polar opposites on all things BB. Makes life fun I guess. Kind of like having different factions in the BB House.  LOL

Count me in the faction that loves Nicole’s hair and hates Daniel’s 🙂.   Also don’t mind Taylor using her looks/body.   The muscle bound guys do the same.  No problem with that either.   But not a fan on the group gang up Paloma is doing against Taylor.   Not a very “Girl’s girl” thing to do.   

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

I thought everybody knew that DisneyWorld is the happiest place on earth...

Disneyland is the happiest place on earth.

Walt Disney World is the most magical place on earth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

We are really suppose to buy that Daniel is a Superfan but didn't have a clue why those guys volunteered to be Have Nots?

Give me a freaking break.  The guy is a first class idiot with extremely bad hair and even worse social skills. His statement on why he nominated Michael was just as idiotic . He should know how to deliver the simple and basic noncommittal and diplomatic reasoning that HOHs always give without blatantly lying that Michael didn't talk to him. Daniel is totally setting himself up to be a target next week. 

• Love 4

Like clockwork, the idea of an "all girl's alliance" crops up in order to compete against the muscle-bound guys.  It's immediately crushed when one of the members of this newly-formed power alliance starts with, "Let's all manifest our victory right now!"  Yeah, that's all you need to do. 

Also, the Girls, Girls alliance doesn't include ALL the "girls", just the ones who are cool, not fake, and don't make the others feel less-than-pretty by hanging out with the gross BOYS!

Terrance is like the female contestants on "The Bachelor".  Terrance, the HoH (Bachelor) isn't going to go out of his way to talk to you.  You need to go over and talk to HIM!  Why do contestants make this same mistake every single season?  (Then again, since Daniel is an Elvis impersonator, and therefore a part of the entertainment industry, maybe Terrance assumed that Daniel, of course, knew of Terrance as DJ Showbiz Whatever, the biggest karaoke DJ on Chicago's south side.  I mean, it's obvious, if you think about it! haha)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, Thalia said:

Yeah, every time one of them explained their fake job, I kept waiting/hoping that another houseguest would say, "That's wild!  I run an escape room too! Let's talk shop!" 

This was my highlight of the show, two people talking to each other animatedly about how much they love their fake jobs neither knowing the other is completely full of shit. It just amused me to no end. I always love the "I wouldn't DARE tell them I'm a _____ so I'm telling people I'm a _____ instead" game.

Reminds me of a story from when my sister was in kindergarten. The teacher happened to be a family friend and my dad a troublemaker. When it came to 'we tell what our dad does' (which I'm sure doesn't occur any more but did back then...) dad told her to tell the teacher he was in the Mafia. My sister didn't know what that meant at like age 6... but she get the feeling something was up. She told everyone my dad was a clown. Her classmates all thought that was cool. 😃

1 hour ago, Gregg247 said:

Also, the Girls, Girls alliance doesn't include ALL the "girls", just the ones who are cool, not fake, and don't make the others feel less-than-pretty by hanging out with the gross BOYS!

Oh I KNOW!! Totally gross. Cooties are real y'all!!

Terrance having his pity party of one was really sad. One would assume that the GREATEST karaoke DJ of all time would know how to mix things up and get people together, ya know work the crowd. To our viewing he's done nothing of the sort. Like he's pre-given up already, with his lament that he's old and married and has two strikes against him already so he's just folding his hand instead of, you know, trying harder because of it?

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 3

I don't get where they're going with these Backstage Passes. They can't be nominated or be replacement noms . . . but they still might be the first one out the door? What stupid, lame twists is BB pulling out of their ass this time? And when does one of them become "safe?" I assume it's for this first eviction and not the following week, since I also assume there will be a new BS Boss and three new BS's every week for however long they do this stupid thing.

None of the HGs have made much of an impression on me so far. But when Taylor speaks it almost looks like she has lockjaw, or that her teeth are too big for her mouth, or something. And Brittany looked like she had crazy eyes when she was talking to Michael.

Man...how much space do you have to have between your ears if you think Newark is a country?

I don't think they teach Geography in high school anymore.

Daniel:  First of all, he seems terribly dumb, second of all, I just don't like his attitude.  And I was all set to like him too.   

I agree he doesn't seem too bright, and I'm pre-disposed to dislike him because of his stupid looking hair. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I don't get where they're going with these Backstage Passes. They can't be nominated or be replacement noms . . . but they still might be the first one out the door? What stupid, lame twists is BB pulling out of their ass this time? And when does one of them become "safe?" I assume it's for this first eviction and not the following week, since I lso assume there will be a new BS Boss and three new BS's every week for however long they do this stupid thing.

I don't think they teach Geography anything in high school anymore.

I agree he doesn't seem too bright, and I'm pre-disposed to dislike him because of his stupid looking hair. 

FIFY

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Wink 2
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I also assume there will be a new BS Boss and three new BS's every week for however long they do this stupid thing.

Oh deer gahd. I hadn't imagined this being 'the new theme' for the season (until it fizzles out and/or is dropped completely as all season-guiding twists do!) but yeah... you're prolly right on this one. Ugh.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, Thalia said:

I think Taylor made a strategic mistake in hanging out with the boys, and showing off in that bathing suit while she performed her Mad Pool Skilz.  I

I agree 100% on that. I WA surprised to see that and not surprised that some of the women dislike her.

What is the big deal about being a superfan?  Why does everyone want to keep it a secret.. I would assume that 80% of the players are superfans. Its getting old that its this big secret.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Love 1
(edited)

Because superfans will know the game, so they could be more threatening than non-fans.

I would think that a lot of players would be superfans too, but I remember Derek X. from last season didn't know much about the game.  I would not  want people to know if I was a superfan.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

I would like $5 in quarters from Alyssa  for the emergency load of laundry I had to do when I spit my coffee out all over my comforter at the Newark line. It's  ridiculous for several reasons. Not knowing that it's not a country, standing firm that it is a country even after Denmark is brought up and the fact that Newark is not a place that people really choose to go. I take Venmo Alyssa.

8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Man...how much space do you have to have between your ears if you think Newark is a country?

I told three Danes about this today. I think they're less happy now.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 7
9 hours ago, MsMalin said:

What is the big deal about being a superfan?  Why does everyone want to keep it a secret.. I would assume that 80% of the players are superfans. Its getting old that its this big secret.

Most players are cast because they look good on TV (Instagram models are perfect for this), so when those newbies discover someone is a "Superfan," they assume that they are a threat because they know more about the game. It's why, if you're smart, you don't want people to think you're TOO smart, because they'll consider you a threat on the rare mental challenges. 

• Useful 2

Because superfans will know the game, so they could be more threatening than non-fans.

I don't see why. With all the stupid twists and gimmicks the best laid planes are usually ruined. You could have watched all 23 seasons coming into this house and wouldn't be prepared for this Backstage idiocy, for example. 

• Love 3
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Surely they must all be fans of varying degrees so trying to hide it would be a waste of time. It's not like they suddenly woke up there after being kidnapped & spirited there, they all had to apply.

Nah. There's a lot of being recruited from Instagram among the casts (and now TikTok). It's up to them to do the research and they don't always (like David, who was first out on his season and then was brought back for All Stars and still didn't do the reading). It used to be a big tell if a current HG mentioned BB16 as their favourite season or Derrick as their favourite winner: because it was the season they used to offer the HGs when they were in sequester so it was sometimes the only one they had ever seen. They don't offer any seasons to watch in sequester now.

This cast is kinda mixed, some have seen multiple versions of Big Brother, but there's a few that are the garden variety recruit/watched three episodes five years ago IMO.

ETA: For example, last season's fave, Derex, was a full on recruit. It's extra hilarious that he ended up in a relationship with Claire, a full on superfan who created an 85 page Big Brother instructional manual to study, when BB23 ended.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 2

I think where being a superfan helps is a familiarity with the standard comps, and putting together a pre-game strategy.  Comps like wall comps, ballet bowling, hot dog hanger, OTEV, slip-n-slide, quizzes, chicken wire egg game etc. usually show up every season.  A superfan would know the game in advance and has probably seen successful and horrible strategies and has a plan in place for the comp.  A real superfan would also research hamster post-show interviews and social media to glean inside info on the comps.

I'm tired of recruits.  I'm tired of Instagram models, mactors, personal trainers, and pharmaceutical reps looking for their "big break."  An entire cast of ordinary-looking real superfans enthusiastic about the game and engaging in gameplay rather than prioritizing camera time would be fun.  

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 7/10/2022 at 10:54 PM, After7Only said:

But not a fan on the group gang up Paloma is doing against Taylor.   Not a very “Girl’s girl” thing to do.   

But Paloma is a girls' girl girl, not a guys' girl girl!  

Wait till Alyssa hears that there is also a New-Ark (pronounced like that) Delaware as well as several other smaller US Newarks as well as several UK Newarks....

Not sure I can be bothered to vote to save one of the backstage folk, but which way are people leaning?  

On 7/11/2022 at 11:22 AM, iMonrey said:

But when Taylor speaks it almost looks like she has lockjaw, or that her teeth are too big for her mouth, or something.

I think it's more pageant crap - she doesn't move her mouth much when she speaks, so all you get is chiclets.

• Love 1