Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

I know we make fun of the idea of waiting too long to make a move, but I really do think it makes more sense to maintain your giant majority for a little longer than now. Christie in BB21, for instance, blew up her advantage way too early and paid the price. 

There definitely IS a time to blow up your majority, but now is not the time. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Joseph found a ziploc bag on the table containing half a muffin and half a cookie. There was a note: “Don’t touch Jasmine’s half cookie and half muffin” with a frownie face, written on a napkin in mascara. With Taylor standing guard, Joseph said he wanted to replace the cookie with some lettuce. But there was noise and he missed his chance.

Jasmine comes in to the empty room, sees her food and note are still in place, and smiles. Girl’s lost her mind.

This is one of my favorite recurring BB storylines of all time.

2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I'm still a Kat Dunn stan. Asking the important shit:

https://twitter.com/itskathryndunn/status/1555588971459067905

It was playing in a loop in the background as I was putting together this post and I keep cackling every time she says "There was more than one moment?"

I'm with Kat! THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE MOMENT???

57 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Well, it sounds like Michael's about to become a disappointment, too.

Is it me? Is it my saying I like someone that encourages this? My witch powers have been STRONG as of late but, like... you don't need to manifest THIS WAY, powers. For the love of poundcake.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Michael is putting up M/J/T and basically hoping he won’t have to BD Daniel.

But if he's doing that, then unless Daniel wins VETO, he's putting up Daniel, right? It's such an odd strategy to basically "Here's hoping either Daniel or Kyle wins POV, with Kyle actively throwing it."

Jasmine in the HOH talking checking in with Michael.  She asked him what time he went to bed last night and he said 4:30 or 5:00.  She said "awwh well thats not that bad..."  

Yes it is Jasmine. It's bad.  Very bad.  But then again I have responsibilities and a job and a life and I operate on normal human time.

• LOL 2

Kyle won’t throw POV. He is deathly afraid of ever being nominated. And he wants the white people to band together so he needs Daniel there lol. 

At this point, I think Michael wants to try to keep LO in tact while also saving Daniel so he can switch to the white alliance at a later date. 

Kyle is also ‘afraid’ of Taylor and Joe getting closer. This from the guy who is making out with Alyssa.

• Sad 1
  • Love 4

Terrance should go next week and I’m glad to read he’s being considered as an option. Daniel is a pissy little bitch but I still think he deserves to be in the jury over Terrance. At least he’s playing the game. Terrance is only there for the free food and a paycheck at the end of it. And being on TV (sorry, Terrance, CBS is giving you minimal camera time).

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kyle is also ‘afraid’ of Taylor and Joe getting closer. This from the guy who is making out with Alyssa.

That's a legit fear though.  Joseph was afraid of Kyle and Alyssa getting closer, and it turns out he had reason to worry.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

So yea DR got to Kyle because he’s like ‘I think I’m overthinking this,” but Michael is like no. DR talk to Michael lol.

Michael is putting up M/J/T and basically hoping he won’t have to BD Daniel.

I don't think this is a DR issue. This is a pretty common Kyle strategy. He throws out options, sees how they are perceived, then goes back and checks in, trying to seem more passive than he is. 

The irony is getting Monte or Joe out won't upset anyone, and won't make a bigger target on Michael, because the boys really only have The Pound, they just think they have others. However, it WILL remove an shield for Michael and put him in danger the minute he doesn't win. Kyle won't hesitate to do the same thing to Michael if he or Alyssa is at risk.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

Did Michael believe Nicole's fraternity/sorority craziness, I wonder? Did Kyle feed into an existing delusion?

Its been a LONG while since college, but I never heard of identifying a fraternity/sorority by ONE Greek letter. I recall AKL, ASA, and Alpha Delta at the school I went to. Never just "alpha"

I wonder if Ms."I'm 41 and used to be a COP, dammit" got confused when she heard people talking about "Alphas" and meaning dominant personality, not fraternities.

And by the way, in my experience ties to a Greek letter organization are not "stronger than friends and family" once you've graduated. (Apologies to my Theta Phi Alpha sisters)

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I know we make fun of the idea of waiting too long to make a move, but I really do think it makes more sense to maintain your giant majority for a little longer than now. Christie in BB21, for instance, blew up her advantage way too early and paid the price. 

There definitely IS a time to blow up your majority, but now is not the time. 

I have to agree with - and not just because it's a week too early, IMO, neither Terrance nor Daniel have proven themselves to be solid options for side alliances.  Both of those guys would stab Michael in the back if they got the chance.  

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing Terrance go out this week because that would weaken Monte & Joe, plus I think Daniel would 100% go after them before anyone else in the house, especially if Kyle/Michael keep him safe this week.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Its been a LONG while since college, but I never heard of identifying a fraternity/sorority by ONE Greek letter. I recall AKL, ASA, and Alpha Delta at the school I went to. Never just "alpha"

I wonder if Ms."I'm 41 and used to be a COP, dammit" got confused when she heard people talking about "Alphas" and meaning dominant personality, not fraternities.

And by the way, in my experience ties to a Greek letter organization are not "stronger than friends and family" once you've graduated. (Apologies to my Theta Phi Alpha sisters)

I wasn't particularly active with the frat scene at the neighboring all-male colleges since my woman's college didn't have sororities, but I can recall lots of stories about the "Sigmas" at Hampden-Sydney College, so I do think some frats & sororities can get a nickname from just one of the Greek letters in their full name.

I'd guess that some of the HBCU fraternities and sororities might have stronger, lifelong ties than many of us realize.  Beyond that, I wouldn't discount some level of allegiance to others in the house who share that frat/sorority bond.  Goodness knows, when I come across someone way out here on the West Coast who attended a woman's college, I do feel a connection of that shared experience, even if it isn't the same one I attended.

ETA - a bit of information about HBCU fraternities & sororities:  

https://hbculifestyle.com/divine-9-sororities-fraternities/

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Generally that is how many African American frats are referred to.  One of my best friends is an Omega.  I couldn't tell you what the other greek letters are, but he always just says Omega when he's sharing stories, and has a branded tattoo of the Omega O on his arm.  

However, on my campus back in the day, there were several frats and sororities that were referred to as just one greek letter, but that was a school thing.  If someone was a Zeta, you knew which house it was.  

Edited by Slider
  • Love 2

I just don't want Daniel on the jury. I don't give a crap about his financial situation, he shouldn't have been such a deranged smeghead. Can you imagine being poor Taylor and being stuck in a jury house with him? Also, I think it will be a more interesting game if there is not Big Target in the house for everyone to try and hide behind.

Edited by Ananayel
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

Turner is talking to Michael. Turner says he had a dream about Big Brother last night. Michael had a dream about BB last week and OTEV was in it and Michael was disappointed because he wasn't in the competition. Turner said he put water in the bag with the cookie and put the muffin in the freezer. He says he hasn't heard anything about it. 

Taylor was in there earlier. She says she'll be a pawn if it's really necessary but would rather not. Michael doesn't want to put her team up because Taylor's already been up so much and Alyssa and Indy were just on the block last week.

Michael puts his blue HOH robe on as Turner leaves. It's like the robe has super powers when it's worn. Now Brittany's in there. Michael says everyone's said Daniel when asked who should be put up. Well Brittany's safe. I think Jasmine/Turner or Monte/Joe/Terrance. Michael says if he puts up Daniel and Daniel goes, then Kyle has to join another team and that leaves only four teams. Then Michael can't play HOH and if Brittany doesn't win it, their team is one of three that will be on the block. So that's why he's hesitant about Daniel. If Festie Besties ends then that changes things.

• Useful 1
34 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

IIRC Alpha Phi Alpha was the biggest historically AA fraternity on my college campus back in the day, and they generally referred to themselves as simply “Alphas”.  
Side note: APA’s sister sorority was Alpha Kappa Alpha - which I’m guessing is the sorority of which Nicole was suggesting Taylor was a member.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Side note: APA’s sister sorority was Alpha Kappa Alpha - which I’m guessing is the sorority of which Nicole was suggesting Taylor was a member.

Yes, the AKA's are the sister sorority for the Alpha's, but I think I read somewhere that Taylor was in a different sorority.  To me, that seemed a bit racist on Nicole's part to assume Taylor was in an AA sorority, and that was the only thing that connected three AA players together.    

Edited by Slider
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/4/2022 at 12:59 PM, 30 Helens said:

I get the optics, but this is not the usual “other”ing that we typically see at the start of the season. This particular division seems to be based on hierarchy, not race.
<snip> Kyle wants Alyssa because he wants to roll around under the blankets with her, not because she’s the white girl from the other side.

FTFM.

For fuck’s sake, Kyle, I take a morning off and you morph into mini Mel Gibson? This is so disappointing. Even more disappointing that Michael might be joining in?

Just when I thought we had a season where the active rejection of racist bullying would prevail, white fearmongering rears its ugly head. I wouldn’t blame Kyle for being cautious of Joseph’s solid gameplay, or his excellent social skills, but throwing suspicion on his desire to be a good role model? How could that ever be a bad thing? Maybe you should think about how you’re representing Mormons right now, Kyle.

If Michael wants to redeem himself, he can put up Kyle and Daniel as a backdoor and then rally the other Leftovers to (surprise!) evict Kyle. Or if it’s a double eviction, they can both go. Housecleaning is definitely needed.

• Like 3
  • Love 8

Brit is telling Michael she's a hypnotherapist.  He thinks its totes cool.  She says its dumb, just a casting thing???

Edited by Pixiebomb
I've been listening to jasmine too much and am starting to drop my G's
14 minutes ago, Slider said:

Yes, the AKA's are the sister sorority for the Alpha's, but I think I read somewhere that Taylor was in a different sorority.  To me, that seemed a bit racist on Nicole's part to assume Taylor was in an AA sorority, and that was the only thing that connected three AA players together.    

It was SUPER sketchy by Nicole. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Brittany tells Michael that she is fine being second place at the end as long as she and Michael are the final two. She also feels that going for second place frees her up to take riskier moves because she won't be trying to win jury votes.

Boy it's loud outside HOH.

5 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Speaking of Daniel, has he been whining /screaming/Braying the Screed of the Righteous on camera today? 

I've barely seen him since he got up this morning and he wasn't speaking then, just staring moodily into space. 

I think Jasmine finally threw away the soggy muffin. (She threw away something that was in a baggy.)

Daniel is telling Terrence he will probably be the backdoor option. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Speaking of Daniel, has he been whining /screaming/Braying the Screed of the Righteous on camera today? 

He's whispering to Terrance right now about possible noms, plans etc.  

• Like 1

Brittany calling Kyle out (to Michael) for doing nothing for the LO was amazing. He won't get nominated and he won't let Alyssa go so like what use is he? Honestly, I'm not against the idea of Daniel/Kyle getting BDed and then LO deciding to just take the shot at Kyle lol. 

Basically though, Joe/Monte/Terrence need to win veto because otherwise I think Michael will try to weasel out of nomming Daniel/Kyle. Hell, he probably will even if they win but it'll be harder to accomplish.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

But that's not what's happening.  Those people aren't conspiring to be an alliance, hanging out together, etc.   Kyle has seen no evidence of that group being an alliance so it's just weird he finds that group to be a threat.  Whereas he has seen evidence that Joseph/Monte are tight or Michael and Brittany are tight.   So if he framed it in a way that he wanted to make sure those 4 didn't band together against the rest of the LOs that would make more sense to me.   He's probably could sell Taylor on that argument.   

I think Kyle is wrong in what he's saying because of some of the microagressions and the fact we have had POC voting out other POC this season, but Tiffany didn't hang out with Azah or Big D that much last year. That is one of the reasons why The Cookout was able to be so successful because you had Hannah/Tiffany hanging out with DX and Claire. Kyland with SB, Big D and X hanging out with Alysa while Azah hung out with her bible and Britini. I remember Claire and Alysa saying they never would have guessed Big D and Tiffany were aligned because they hated each other.

Re Sorority/Fraternity stuff I think the Jasmine's husband part is dumb. If I were Michael I would be nervous about Taylor and Monte/Joseph not because of what Nicole said, but I do think Taylor is pretty close with Brittany, Monte and Joseph. She has shared some personal things about her father with Monte, but I think Taylor is far more loyal to Monte than Monte is to her. Michael should getting Taylor's input on these noms and really trying to strengthen his relationship with her. 

• Love 3

Indy, Jasmine, and Alyssa just discussed taking out Monte if noms stay the same. They could easily get Kyle, obviously lol. And then Michael could easily decide to make the move and get Brittany to evict Monte. Monte goes. So yea, I need Monte/Joseph/Terrence winning that veto!

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Indy, Jasmine, and Alyssa just discussed taking out Monte if noms stay the same. They could easily get Kyle, obviously lol. And then Michael could easily decide to make the move and get Brittany to evict Monte. Monte goes. So yea, I need Monte/Joseph/Terrence winning that veto!

On the one hand, I love the girls voting out Monte. On the other hand, if they are that organized that they could pull it off, Michael doesn't  know it, but he's in trouble, since it will be open season on "strong competitors" and Kyle will just coast on his passive baby face that makes the others see him as not a threat.

Also...

I am strangely offended on Alyssa's behalf that Kyle is making alliances on her behalf, so I wouldn't mind her teaming up with the women who aren't included in the white people's alliance.

Edited by Sketcher
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Yeah, and my oldest daughter is a bit pregnant.

(If all goes well, I’ll be a grandpa by Thanksgiving)

Congratulations!

By the way, it's puppies right now so I imagine Nom ceremony is taking place.

• Thanks 1

Indy is telling Alyssa to have a surprise date with Kyle in the have not room. Bring snacks, etc. Snuggle on the slide. The butterfly might be romantic. Jasmine said to take the dirty towels out.

Someone (he) always leaves his dirty dishes in the sink. Jasmine doesn't want him touching her shit, like her muffin. I think they are talking about Turner. He never cooks for anybody, he never cleans for himself. It is Turner - Jasmine says she was a have not by herself because he just went and did his own thing.

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK

• LOL 1

Everybody seems very chill right now.

jasmine is laughing about a spider that was running really fast.

Monte and Joseph are cooking in the kitchen.

ETA: Things are so chill Taylor is hanging and laughing in the same room with Alyssa and Jasmine. Michael is there too.

Edited by vb68
Just now, Lucas Rowan said:

I never thought that Alyssa had any problems with Taylor.  But this makes me think that Jasmine didn't really have any, either, and only had them spurred on by Nicole and possibly Paloma.

Well Indy just came back in the room and is making a face like she smells something really bad, so there is that.

• LOL 2