Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

Dear Diary,

My interest in this season has gone to subterranean levels. It's like there's no personality left in this season, it's just a bunch of boring and bland people doing boring and bland stuff. I know it always happens towards the end but it's just blah now and other than Kyle's Very Bad Week, it's been like that since the Brochella/Dyrefest split. I know that there are multiple paths to the end for multiple people but it's also like watching Derrick or Cody in BB22 just steadily plod towards the inevitable win, only this time it's Michael. I haven't even logged onto the feeds for days (note to self: cancel them, you numpty) and other than Kyle's eviction, I think I've watched maybe four episodes this season. I'm kinda following along? But I'm also not beyond the bullet points. As usual, the real fun seems to be in the unseen jury house. I just really miss Jasmine Jasmining it up. Like Raven, she was a gift.

Last night I dreamed I was a butterfly and this blond douchenozzle cried when he saw me and then he waved a little flag and made an apple pie and cried some more. That was weird.

Love,
Me

• Fire 1
  • LOL 4

I can't believe I'm still interested in this season. The past 6 seasons I've checked out earlier and earlier. The endgame is always so set in stone by now so it's awesome that it isn't this season. The DE will probably ruin it but who knows, I've thought the intrigue would die like 5 times this season and it didn't lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I can't believe I'm still interested in this season. The past 6 seasons I've checked out earlier and earlier. The endgame is always so set in stone by now so it's awesome that it isn't this season. The DE will probably ruin it but who knows, I've thought the intrigue would die like 5 times this season and it didn't lol.

I don't know if the DE will ruin it. Let's assess why:

Brittany wins HOH - ok, yes, Michael is 100% safe, taking away the most exciting aspect of the DE, but if Michael/Monte/Turner win veto, Michael will have to show them that no, he's NOT on their side. So, could lead to a fun fallout between the remaining Pound Boy.

Monte or Turner win HOH - We will see if they actually protect Michael or not. If they do not protect him, I mean, I personally would hate it because that means a Monte win, most likely. But if they DO? One of the women go and Michael 100% gets one of them out next week. So, the fun comes more next week, but it still ends up being a fun DE anyway.

Alyssa wins HOH - She puts up Monte/Michael, and that could be made for some fun scrambling on Michael's end, when he throws Monte under the bus with the Founding Fathers bullshit and we can see if that sways the vote against Michael and onto Monte or Turner (if he can get Turner put up as a replacement. 

Taylor wins HOH - Also fun outcome because we get to see where her F3 lies and who she's really wanting to protect. She says she'll get rid of Michael, but who else does she put up and what will her cards show?

I think the most boring result is a Monte/Turner HOH & Michael eviction, personally. When that happens, Taylor is very likely the next to go, if she can't pull out F5 HOH or Veto (and if she can, Brittany is likely to go). This results in a Monte or Turner win, but probably Monte. 

Monte/Turner HOH is fun mostly for the mystery of their dedication to the stupid ass Founding Fathers alliance, but has the highest risk of the endgame becoming boring. 

And yes, I know a Michael win can be boring too...but let's face it, he's the only competent player left in the game so for me, I personally would rather good gameplay get rewarded, and we still have to see Michael fight to the end, as almost nobody is taking him to F2, so it'll always be a mystery of "is this comp gonna be Michael's Kryptonite?"

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I question how he can be considered "competent" when the bulk of his game rests on him winning competitions and taking safe routes, with no real moves of actual meat or substance.

Because safe got him to the spot where he is now.

And he single handedly ensured Kyle left instead of Taylor, which would have 100% screwed his game earlier. 

He's a more passive player, yes, it doesn't mean he's a bad player. Passive playing IS a good move.

And, if he somehow manages to survive the DE without winning veto, then that only adds to his resume.

He is 100% the best player this season, and a really good one anyway. You can tell he really thinks things through. He's been right more than he's been wrong. Has he made mistakes? Absolutely. He's still a good player. Comp wins is not the only thing he has under his belt. His social game allowed him to go undetected until jury, despite the wins, and his strategic mind allowed him to maneuver through the last couple of weeks while getting out his biggest threat in Kyle. Regardless of the morality issues behind that, it was the best game move for him.

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

I love fun feeds. I miss Jasmine and her various -gates.

But I also love shifting alliances and ever-changing strategies. IMO, this season is still delivering in that regard. Sure, these people could use more sparkling personalities, but they’re still providing enough chaos to keep me entertained.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

But it's all anyone else sees when they talk about him.  Clearly, they don't think anything else matters about him.  And by the way, nor do I.

And if he can get to the F2, there is no doubt he'll be able to explain his thought process and moves beyond comp wins. 

7 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

But I also love shifting alliances and ever-changing strategies. IMO, this season is still delivering in that regard. Sure, these people could use more sparkling personalities, but they’re still providing enough chaos to keep me entertained.

I'm very surprised that this season has been basically nothing but go-go-go energy since the start. We haven't had a boring week until maybe this one.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I don't think Michael is that passive. He has done a lot of non flashy moves. He basically caused Joseph and Kyle to dislike each other the week Taylor was HOH by playing both sides. I think Turner outside of this week is much more of a passive player. 

I think Michael is more of a safe player, but honestly who isn't in Modern Big Brother? I think he has done more than Cody did at this point in BB22.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Like 3
  • Love 11
57 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I question how he can be considered "competent" when the bulk of his game rests on him winning competitions and taking safe routes, with no real moves of actual meat or substance.

His move against Kyle was not safe at all. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, looks like Terrance is gonna use his eviction speech to call out Taylor as a "sell-out". And Monte agrees and is basically laughing with him.

I HATE the hate for Taylor. SHE DID NOTHING TO YOU FOOLS. 

I say let him make a fool of himself on live TV.  He probably thinks he's popular with the viewers and Taylor isn't.  What a surprise he's in for in a few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Love 22
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, looks like Terrance is gonna use his eviction speech to call out Taylor as a "sell-out". And Monte agrees and is basically laughing with him.

I HATE the hate for Taylor. SHE DID NOTHING TO YOU FOOLS. 

Taylor's evicting him all by herself? No one else involved? What a tool Terrance is.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Haven’t checked the rankings in a few days.  Joseph has regained the number 1 spot, with Monte and Michael switching off for 3/4.  Brittany has dropped far, but she is still more popular that Terrance.  

6DF622D9-314D-4034-BD79-9D43B6385693.jpeg

Edited by DEL901

Terrance is gonna use his eviction speech to call out Taylor as a "sell-out".

So Michael and Turner by varying degrees are the biggest part of you going to Jury and you speech about how Taylor can't rock with you therefore a she's a sell out. Fuck this man.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Love 11

Terrance probably thinks he has a shot at AFP which is further proof of how utterly deluded he is. I want Taylor to win for a variety of reasons but mostly because it will piss off Daniel, Terrance, Jasmine and Indy.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

Another thing I found curious from tonight’s episode is they did NOT show the part of Turner’s conversation with Michael where Turner pitched the Founding Fathers alliance (or whatever the hell they’re calling it) and Michael “accepted”. Is this because production thinks it’s going nowhere? Or are they saving that for tomorrow’s episode?

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

That happened after the Veto meeting, so they'll probably air it before the eviction.

Well, they did show part of the conversation, just not the part I was waiting for. I guess that’s a TBC.

Hide and Seek, BB style:
Taylor is the seeker, everyone else hides around the house. They are all found pretty quickly, because they choose obvious places. (Monte is under a sofa, Alyssa is in the shower stall.) But Turner squeezes himself into a cabinet in the storage room and can’t be found… at least not by Taylor, who deems the cabinets too small to check. Michael and Alyssa peek inside and see him, but they don’t tell.

Taylor gives up and sits in the kitchen. Monte and Brittany continue to search. Alyssa and Michael sit and talk to Taylor, and still don’t tell. Eventually everyone forgets about Turner. They just sit around chatting and wondering what to do next. 

About 45 minutes later, BB voice: “Please go to the storage room.” They go rescue Turner, who is now part pretzel and all mad.

Now I want to see them play Hide and Go veto, but instead of veto cards, they hide Turner. First to find him wins! 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I do NOT miss Jasmine, her eyebrows  nor her stupid greetings to Julie at all but I do miss Joseph.  He was entertaining, Jas was just annoying.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

So I went back to look at the actual comics to see if there was really a Brittflea in Michael’s hair. There is not. I’m not sure if I’m relieved or disappointed.

Joseph is winning AFP for sure. I do not understand why Monte consistently ranks so high. That was quite a tumble for Brittany, though. Not only is she behind Ameerah, who went home so long ago that Alyssa doesn’t even remember her, but Jasmine? Oof.

I think Michael and Turner are both actually very similar players. Both spend a lot of time observing and considering what they’ve seen. In groups, they both sit back and take a fairly passive role. Neither is very verbal, so it’s hard to know exactly what they’re thinking. They both present as fairly goofy, non threatening players. The biggest difference is Michael is a comp beast and Turner is not. Otherwise, I think Turner would be running the show.

A very interesting thing I learned about Turner on the broadcast episode tonight is that he is bisexual. That puts his recent comment about not wanting to be the one to evict the only remaining LGBTQ person in a new light. At the time, I thought he was just being PC for effect.

I don't think Turner would have been able to pull off the cookout 2.0 reveal and I also don't think Michael would have turned on Joseph in Dyre Fest like Turner did. I think Michael would have thrown Kyle under the bus and broken up the showmance. 

• Love 4

I pray Michael and Taylor don't actually target Brittany at DE. That would be painfully dumb. 

It's literally dumb for all of them. Like Terrance is the only one Brit might beat and he's leaving. I hope Michael and Taylor are blowing smoke. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Michael, Taylor, Turner, and Monte are in the HoH Room while Brittany and Alyssa are sleeping.  Looks like they’ve been chatting for a while.  What I’m picking up from this conversation is that they’ve been discussing how sketchy Brittany has been, running around and making F2s with everyone.  They don’t trust her.

But, isn't that a bit hypocritical?  Are any of them really trustworthy to each other (except, probably Taylor - and btw, I would watch the Adventures of Potaylorchip all day), and is that really a priority at this point?  Shouldn't everyone's mindset be about how do I get to the end, and who can I win against?  And I don't have anything in particular against Alyssa, but why is she more deserving than Brittany?

6 minutes ago, blixie said:

It's literally dumb for all of them. Like Terrance is the only one Brit might beat and he's leaving. I hope Michael and Taylor are blowing smoke. 

Seriously. I don't care if Turner/Monte/Alyssa do something stupid though because I want them to lose lol. 

I can't imagine Michael would be stupid enough to actually get rid of Brittany. Taylor is more emotional so I could see her maybe considering it out of hurt over Brittany being a fake friend to her all season.

I am SO afraid Taylor is actually going to win HOH and then nom Michael/Brittany, which would just be 100% the wrong move for her. Sigh.

I just need Brittany to win HOH lol.

I agree it doesn't make sense for anyone to target Brittany. I can see why people are nervous about her though as soon as her back is against the wall she freaks out. I remember when her and Taylor where nominated she wanted to throw Taylor to the side and make a deal with Alyssa,  Michael was basically like hold up lets think about this rationally there is a good chance both of you aren't Turner's target. 

• Love 2

I agree it doesn't make sense for anyone to target Brittany. I can see why people are nervous about her though as soon as her back is against the wall she freaks out.

I think at this stage of the game where every bodies secrets have been on blast there isn't a lot to worry about her blabbing OTHO they never should have told her everything anyway. This is also why I don't think she's been a fake friend to Taylor, I think she just freaked out and over played this week. Taylor can't pretend she didn't know she wasn't Brit's #1, and that Brit is justified in doing what is best for her game and that just might be not taking Taylor to F2. Again just accept your allies gotta fuck you over some time and don't be a baby about it.

I saw last night on BB update that Brit actually had a camera talk that proves she IS self aware, (or at least is more so after Brit-flea) she said she has trouble managing her anxiety and the way she does that is by trying to talk it out which you shouldn't really do in that state in BB because you will wreck yourself. Basically I know this is effing up my game but I can't seem to stop myself from doing it. But I don't think any move she makes changes her long term game of being the runner up, and heh if being #2 won me 75k you know what? Whooo I'm #2. What she should be doing is leveraging and bringing up her GOAT status to make sure they all want to KEEP her. Don't tell them you aren't playing for 2 tell them you ARE.

I am worried for Taylor but I think that's what happens when your long term end game outcomes improve your short term survival/targeting gets worse. OY manifesting a Brit HoH.

Also I think Taylor can no replace Barry in the THANKS OBAMA meme. THANKS *TAYLOR*!

First, thanks to all the feed watchers for making this forum, as always, a delightful place to lurk and learn what's really going on all summer.

Second, getting rid of Brittany is a waste. She can't win, it's too late. Even if she takes out Michael now, either the jury won't care or they'll just think she's craven and disloyal for riding his coattails the whole game and then turning on him. 

In fact, at this point I'd say Brittany should be everyone's preferred person to be sitting next to in the finale. The only person left she could possibly win against is Alyssa and I'm not sure even that's true.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, blixie said:

This is also why I don't think she's been a fake friend to Taylor, I think she just freaked out and over played this week.

She’s been throwing Taylor under the bus and talking shit about her for weeks though lol.

I think it’s mainly insecurity. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, blixie said:

I think at this stage of the game where every bodies secrets have been on blast there isn't a lot to worry about her blabbing OTHO they never should have told her everything anyway. This is also why I don't think she's been a fake friend to Taylor, I think she just freaked out and over played this week. Taylor can't pretend she didn't know she wasn't Brit's #1, and that Brit is justified in doing what is best for her game and that just might be not taking Taylor to F2. Again just accept your allies gotta fuck you over some time and don't be a baby about it.

I saw last night on BB update that Brit actually had a camera talk that proves she IS self aware, (or at least is more so after Brit-flea) she said she has trouble managing her anxiety and the way she does that is by trying to talk it out which you shouldn't really do in that state in BB because you will wreck yourself. Basically I know this is effing up my game but I can't seem to stop myself from doing it. But I don't think any move she makes changes her long term game of being the runner up, and heh if being #2 won me 75k you know what? Whooo I'm #2. What she should be doing is leveraging and bringing up her GOAT status to make sure they all want to KEEP her. Don't tell them you aren't playing for 2 tell them you ARE.

I am worried for Taylor but I think that's what happens when your long term end game outcomes improve your short term survival/targeting gets worse. OY manifesting a Brit HoH.

Also I think Taylor can no replace Barry in the THANKS OBAMA meme. THANKS *TAYLOR*!

I think Taylor will be hurt about some of the things Brittany has said about her in the house. She has definitely joined in on the shit talking at different points while trying to pretend she is above it all. I think Michael has been more loyal to Taylor than Brittany has and I think that might surprise Taylor when she gets out of the house.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really want Brittany to win DE HOH. That's comedy lol.

Can you imagine her trying to talk "strategy" with the other houseguests in the short time allotted?  Her head will explode if she can't agonize over it all -- verbally, of course -- for more than a couple of minutes.  

• LOL 3

All I know is I'm super-stressed going into tonight's DE.  I'll be on the edge of my seat!  Only to see Turner win HOH, then I'll turn my TV off in disgust.  But I'm really enjoying the hell out of this season.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

All I know is I'm super-stressed going into tonight's DE.  I'll be on the edge of my seat!  Only to see Turner win HOH, then I'll turn my TV off in disgust.  But I'm really enjoying the hell out of this season.  

I mean, Turner winning HOH isn't necessarily bad. It's gonna depend on Michael winning veto or not. If he doesn't and he's put up, then I'll probably turn it off. 

(Ok, I won't because I'd want to see Michael's exit interview, but it's gonna be real sad).

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

I don't think Turner would have been able to pull off the cookout 2.0 reveal and I also don't think Michael would have turned on Joseph in Dyre Fest like Turner did. I think Michael would have thrown Kyle under the bus and broken up the showmance. 

I can't figure out Michael at all. He had the chance to break up the showmance by choosing one of them for his side of the house. 

3 hours ago, LADreamr said:

And I don't have anything in particular against Alyssa, but why is she more deserving than Brittany?

Yeah -- Brittany annoys ME even through the feeds, but I feel like even in the house with her, I'm not sure I'd think that Alyssa, whose move was sleeping with Kyle, is more deserving. But then I can walk away from the feeds. 

• Love 1
Just now, Lucas Rowan said:

Well, with the breaking news about Elizabeth (RIP, to Her Majesty), is the show going to be postponed? Or, as far as anyone knows, is it still on for tonight?

It hasn't been announced yet, but I imagine it will be. We'll probably have the episode moved to tomorrow and they'll still tape it tonight. So we could have feeds off until tomorrow night.

If it is postponed (which I expect it to be), CBS should be making the announcement in the next hour or two.

17 minutes ago, Nashville said:

In truth, I think the only thing which might stand a chance of saving Brittany’s game from absolute oblivion would be a staggering HUGE move - like, say, sending the single biggest threat of the season to the JH on her HoH.  Evicting Michael might be Brittany’s only Hail Mary option - her sole shot to save her game, and get some votes at F2.

Agreed, and she has talked about doing this— at least twice to Taylor, that I’ve seen. But if actually given the chance, I’m not at all sure she’d follow through. Guilt, loyalty, anxiety over losing her shield… I think all of these feelings will overwhelm her and keep her from targeting Michael. She’ll just nom whoever he tells her to.

I wonder if Taylor has told Michael about those conversations? If not, she might still be considering a path forward with Brittany.

• Love 1

I can't imagine that CBS would postpone tonight's BB episode because of the death of Queen Elizabeth II.  I could be wrong, but there will be plenty of opportunities to air tributes and documentaries in the coming days before her funeral.

The real question is whether or not the HGs have been told about her passing.  Tremendous world news.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Nashville said:
37 minutes ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

She was more annoying than a goat bleating for supper!

Jasmine was more annoying than a tractor with a busted clutch.

earlier today the women were discussing Queen Jazz.   Taylor said that Jasmine "knew better" than to order  ask her to do things for her.  Alyssa said she tried to avoid sleeping in the same room with Jasmine because she knew Jasmine would be calling for her to get things as soon as they woke up in the morning.  She said sometime she just did a cursory look around for items and told Jasmine she couldn't find it.  "The problem was that Jasmine would then find it herself and I had to listen to a lecture on where the item was found." 

• LOL 8
5 minutes ago, TimWil said:

I’d be surprised if tonight’s broadcast was postponed.

I think the Queen’s death should be revealed to the HGs via bringing back that True or False? Headline News comp.

Now, the real question is who would be savvy enough, of the HGs, to realize that there's no way the answer to that question would be False?  Because logic and decency says no one jokes around about the Queen dying for a reality show competition.  I'm betting Michael and possibly Taylor are the only ones who would logic that out.  Alyssa would just stare blankly, wondering who Queen Elizabeth II is until someone showed her a picture.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2