Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, SummerDreams said:

Michael should have said he is a bank clerk and nobody would not believe it.

He'd have to say he was a bank clerk because he wouldn't have a job when he got back. You don't get enough vacation days and not enough unpaid leave if you're not injured, ill, or pregnant, or in the military and on active duty.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I just rewatched the cast introductions in the first episode.   I was surprised to see that I found Taylor unlikeable.  She appeared cold and overly impressed with herself.  Kind of the opposite of the Taylor we see every day.  I had also forgotten that Brittany was a belly dancer.  I'm surprised that she hasn't offered lessons.  

I just wish I hadn't watched Kyle's segment again.  "I'm unemployed, make dance videos with my mom, live in her basement, and although I'm 29, I act like I'm a socially awkward 12 year old." 

9 minutes ago, Thalia said:

I just rewatched the cast introductions in the first episode.   I was surprised to see that I found Taylor unlikeable.  She appeared cold and overly impressed with herself.  Kind of the opposite of the Taylor we see every day.  I had also forgotten that Brittany was a belly dancer.  I'm surprised that she hasn't offered lessons.  

I just wish I hadn't watched Kyle's segment again.  "I'm unemployed, make dance videos with my mom, live in her basement, and although I'm 29, I act like I'm a socially awkward 12 year old." 

Wow.  Kyle was actually self aware…although he probably thought it was a charming admission.  

2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Wow.  Kyle was actually self aware…although he probably thought it was a charming admission.  

He didn't say the 12 yo part, but it was heavily implied.  They just kept showing him twerk, with and without mom.  And when he got to his basement "apartment" he jumped over the back of the couch to sit down.   Kyle admitted he was unemployed, but he never said anything about any job ambitions.   It just seemed so odd, but having watched him all summer, he was definitely himself.  

What is Michael supposed to do about choosing to evict POC hamsters?  Is it the rule that he can't do it until he is the sole remaining non-POC?  Each and every elimination has risks to the HoH.  I don't see how evicting the loathsome Terrance (to which Taylor and others will attest) becomes a racial deal.  When the jury gets reminded what a tool he is, his influence will be nothing.

Michael can also make a big deal in his speech that he promised Turner safety for putting up Public Enemy #1, even though it hurt his personal game.  I think the jury will see all of that as righteous.  Lord knows, with the legit issue of Michael's failure to warn them all, he needs all the moral credit he can muster.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Wth is this ball comp he keeps talking about? And why’s he still talking about it! Mike would probably crush him in all of them too. 

I think he’s talking about the ones where they shoot the balls out for them to catch while also shooting slime at them. Season 21 “Food Fight” and season 20 “Mission to Planet Veto”. 

• Useful 1

Just remembering this time last week, the calm before the storm. I’m sure this Sunday will not be as loaded as the last but you never know. Cabin fever and paranoia after 2 months can make some hamsters go crazy. Several this season didn’t need that long and maybe DJ Showtime will give us a show today. 

I think Terrance's perspective on the timing of Michael bringing forth the Kyle info COULD have an influence on the jury.  He's told several people in the house, Kyle included, that had he known it going into Dyrefest, Kyle would have been gone.  He seemed really bothered that he sent another POC out on his HOH, after, basically, being manipulated by Kyle, who chose to blow up the LOs before anyone else in order to save his own game.  If Michael & Brittany had told the house what they knew before the eviction on that Thur of Taylor's HOH, it wouldn't have changed the people on the block that night (Indy & Terrance), but it would have changed the game the following week.  Do any of us believe that Kyle would have been anything other than dead-man-walking that week, whichever side of the split house he wound up in? 

I'm not sure Terrance is articulate enough to make this point well to the rest of the jury house, but they might have already come to that conclusion themselves, and Terrance can drive home how badly he feels about sending Joseph out instead of Kyle, and it's all Michael's fault that Joseph's game ended when it did.  Plus, who is to say that, had that info been out there already, Michael wouldn't have chosen Kyle first for Brochella instead of Jasmine - easy elimination, no blood on his hands, etc.  The butterfly effect of Michael & Brittany withholding this information until when they did impacts both split house evictees - even if we all know Jasmine wasn't long for the game no matter what.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, exactly. Or a bank manager. Or an insurance adjuster. Or, like, any NUMBER of office jobs. But no, he just HAS to have a "clever" job so that he can see if he can fool them, as he wants to show how "clever" he is to have fooled them. 100% he wants the satisfaction of saying he fooled them at the end of the series. 

There are definitely times when lying about your job makes a lot of sense (Derrick was an outright necessity), but most of the time, people really don't care. Speak to Michael for two minutes and it's obvious he's a smart guy. Knowing he is a lawyer wouldn't really make a difference, but whatever, I'm not 100% against it, as there's a CHANCE that it might make a difference, but that's not what this is about - this is about getting to say he fooled everybody with this weird ass job idea. 

I get what you’re saying, but one advantage to making up such an unusual job is the odds of another HG knowing anything about it is very small. Say you’re a bank manager and there’s a decent chance another HG knows a bank manager or is a bank manager themselves. That would make it much easier for them to trip you up on a detail and expose the lie. But chances are you can say anything you want about designing escape rooms and no one will question it.

I do think it would have made a difference if everyone knew he was a lawyer. People have impressions of lawyers being slimy, calculated, and manipulative with their words (hello, Michael!), and that would have tainted their early interactions. But an escape room guy is fun, friendly, and interesting, without being a threat. Another reason to choose a job like that— it checks all the boxes of a good first impression.

• Like 2
  • Love 8

This is regarding the jury house.  If this is true about Joseph, and it probably is since he's a nice guy, I wonder if Kyle remembers how he called Joseph "scum" to Alyssa.  One of Kyle's interviewers asked him about the scum remark and Kyle pretty much ignored it and went on with his usual post-game word salad.

This is why Paloma had no comic:

• Mind Blown 2
25 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I do think it would have made a difference if everyone knew he was a lawyer. People have impressions of lawyers being slimy, calculated, and manipulative with their words (hello, Michael!)

Years and years ago I was in the car with my parents and for some reason my mom went off on attorneys as, you know, slimy, calculating, and manipulative.  There was a pause and I said, Mama your daddy (she adored him) and daughter (ditto) are both attorneys.  LOL.  

This is the closest I've watched BB in at least three years (thank you retirement!), and this cast seems to skew older than it has in the past.  A majority also seem to have actual jobs, all of which I attribute to finally raising the cash prize, making it a more attractive prospect to risk your job by leaving for four months.   It also seems to me that (ants aside), this group is cleaner.  I was watching the feeds once during Cody and Jessica's season and it was almost impossible to walk in one of the bedrooms because everyone's dirty clothes were piled on the floor.   I'm shocked at how neat all the rooms are, and I wonder if it is because they've all been out of college for more than six months.   

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:
5 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

So he’s just basically daring her to get rid of him now?

My take on it was he is dumping her as soon as he doesn't need her for numbers.  If he's HOH at F4 and she's still there, she's toast unless she wins veto.  Same with F3 - he will never pick her for F2.  

If she is still too blind to recognize that the first opportunity that comes to get rid of Michael, it needs to be taken, that's on her.  She WILL lose to him at F2 and she WILL get cut if Turner or Monte win HOH either of the next two weeks and Michael wins POV.  

Brittany needs to listen to Taylor and Alyssa and toss Michael if at all possible.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HighQueenEB said:

My take on it was he is dumping her as soon as he doesn't need her for numbers.  If he's HOH at F4 and she's still there, she's toast unless she wins veto.  Same with F3 - he will never pick her for F2.

Why would he dump her? He has a great chance of beating her at F2, and if anyone is bitter about them not outing Kyle sooner then they'll be bitter at both and not just Michael. Makes no sense for him to want to dump her.

I think he's just tired of her trying to convince him to get rid of Turner instead of Terrance, and showing his frustration.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Frustration aside, she's actually right here.  Turner is Michael's biggest competition threat.  He's the only person who stands a chance at beating him at any of them.  Brittany's clearly got her own frustrations that Michael can't see how dumb keeping him in the game is.  Terrance isn't going to beat him at any competitions whatsoever.  But Turner stands a good chance of doing so.  And if he wins the F6 HoH Competition, Michael goes up.  And then out, if he doesn't get the Veto.

Brittany knows all of this.  Michael doesn't seem to.

Michael is already under fire for not disclosing Kyle's racism immediately, but the blame for that move is shared with Brittany. If Michael goes back on his promise to keep Turner safe in return for Turner nominating the racist, then any blowback will land squarely and fully on Michael as the veto holder and HOH and not be shared with Brittany.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

This is why Paloma had no comic:
[snipped tweet]

I know SpoilerGirl has been right about some things but I don't buy this one. Anyone who DORs is treated like they don't exist. When Megan dropped out in BB19, she didn't get a comic either. It's just like how Paloma won't be invited to finale night/the Zoom call of the pre-jurors - she doesn't count anymore.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Frustration aside, she's actually right here.  Turner is Michael's biggest competition threat.  He's the only person who stands a chance at beating him at any of them.  Brittany's clearly got her own frustrations that Michael can't see how dumb keeping him in the game is.  Terrance isn't going to beat him at any competitions whatsoever.  But Turner stands a good chance of doing so.  And if he wins the F6 HoH Competition, Michael goes up.  And then out, if he doesn't get the Veto.

Brittany knows all of this.  Michael doesn't seem to.

See I disagree Terrance has been decent at mental comps and Double Eviction is always a quiz type comp. He also apparently got second to Michael in the HOH puzzle and did decent in BB Comics. I'm actually on Michael's side on this one.  I think the fans/Brittany have overrated Turner when he seems to be only good in physical comps. Terrance surprisingly has been more versatile in what comps he is good at. 

12 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I know SpoilerGirl has been right about some things but I don't buy this one. Anyone who DORs is treated like they don't exist. When Megan dropped out in BB19, she didn't get a comic either. It's just like how Paloma won't be invited to finale night/the Zoom call of the pre-jurors - she doesn't count anymore.

Me neither. I would have been very surprised if they had given her a BB comics. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

He's told several people in the house, Kyle included, that had he known it going into Dyrefest, Kyle would have been gone.  

And yet he tried to save Kyle last week lol. To me, Terrance's problem with Michael revealing it when he did is because Terrance is pissed it fucked over The After Party. Terrance wanted to be part of the it crowd and Michael took that away.

2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

This is fake. And isn't this is the same person who posted the fake Alyssa quotes about being pregnant? I would probably just assume from now on that what they say is fake lol.

8 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

See I disagree Terrance has been decent at mental comps and Double Eviction is always a quiz type comp. He also apparently got second to Michael in the HOH puzzle and did decent in BB Comics. I'm actually on Michael's side on this one.  I think the fans/Brittany have overrated Turner when he seems to be only good in physical comps. Terrance surprisingly has been more versatile in what comps he is good at. 

This. Turner won 1 comp and it was musical chairs for fuck's sake! He hasn't been a threat in anything else.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

There's also this, so it may not have been Paloma's decision to leave:

• Useful 1
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

And yet he tried to save Kyle last week lol. To me, Terrance's problem with Michael revealing it when he did is because Terrance is pissed it fucked over The After Party. Terrance wanted to be part of a it crowd and Michael took that away.

This is fake. And isn't this is the same person who posted the fake Alyssa quotes about being pregnant? I would probab;y just assume what they say if fake from now on lol.

This. Turner won 1 comp and it was musical chairs for fuck's sake! He hasn't been a threat in anything else.

And the small tiny comp which doesn't transfer to any other comp. It's also werid for Brittany to keep pushing for Turner since Turner seems to like her the most out of the Michael/Brittany/Taylor trio. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

And the small tiny comp which doesn't transfer to any other comp. It's also werid for Brittany to keep pushing for Turner since Turner seems to like her the most out of the Michael/Brittany/Taylor trio. 

I totally forgot about tiny comp. Turner sews so that was a given imo and yea I don't think those skills are really going to transfer to another comp.

Brittany just likes to talk and talk and talk about any and every possible thing so 1 minute she wants Turner gone and the next she's telling Michael Turner will take her to F2 lol.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Is it a zoom call again this year for pre jurors? I would have thought they’d be there considering there is a live audience again.

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, they'll probably be there in person this year. I wonder if they're contractually obligated to do it? Because I think Ameerah and Nicole would probably rather just not show up lol.

Idk about Big Brother but on Survivor they get paid an extra 10k to show up to the reunion. That's why everyone always shows up to Survivor reunions.

• Useful 2
13 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

There's also this, so it may not have been Paloma's decision to leave:

Nah, still not buying this. It feels more like fan fiction from SpoilerGirl. They may have talked to Paloma and said that it might be best for her to leave but it would ultimately be her decision. I'm pretty sure they framed it the same way for BB19's Megan and she was almost considered a DOR. They don't actually care about the HGs mental health - they care about the buzz that a HG like Paloma can bring. But I'm pretty sure the expelled HGs weren't invited to the finale, same as the DORs so it makes sense that they wouldn't get comics or inserted into the Where's Waldo? style comps. (The last expelled HG was Willie Hantz so it's been awhile.)

8 minutes ago, NightOwl89 said:

Is it a zoom call again this year for pre jurors? I would have thought they’d be there considering there is a live audience again.

I have no idea, I just figured I'd cover both options. But honestly, it wouldn't matter if they're on stage or on a Zoom call, the prejurors only get a total of three minutes to talk before they're forgotten about again. It's probably cheaper to just Zoom them in.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

Halfway through (couldn't find a shorter clip) the BB voice comes in! 

https://twitter.com/BBLionOteV/status/1566544042279677955?s=20&t=qy-0hPGgYFf65doeqb_Ucw

I was just about to post this. I love when BB gets sassy towards the end of the season. This is a cute clip. Too bad Terrance couldn't just be like that all the time.

Terrance is funny. Again, too bad he sucks 90% of the time.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is fake. And isn't this is the same person who posted the fake Alyssa quotes about being pregnant? I would probably just assume from now on that what they say is fake lol.

Good to know that account posts fake info. 

I've been flashing back to this morning's convos and listened to the entire Brittany/Michael conversation from late this morning (in the storage room) - there was nothing in it where either of them discussed Turner or Taylor as someone they were sitting opposite of at F2.  Brittany WAS recounting a lot of her convo from around 5am BBT that she had with Turner (Cams 3-4 in the downstairs bathroom) - there's a lot she didn't share with Michael about that convo.  And, she's presenting everything to Michael as her being 100% loyal to him until the end, but she also told him that Turner initiated this convo when she's the one who actually initiated it. 

Turner/Brittany discussed who would be best to sit next to at F2 and that they both think they could probably only win against each other.  Turner lied dead-on to her about having nothing with Monte.  Lots of "I'm not playing for 3rd..." to each other.  There was some discussion about Alyssa and her potentially winning against anyone at F2 - they recognize she probably has 4 votes locked in (Indy, Jasmine, Kyle & Terrance) - so, yes, Turner was advocating, a bit, at taking Alyssa out this week, but not panicked or "OMG!" the way Brittany tried to present it to Michael.  He seems perfectly okay with Terrance going this week.

What I'm seeing is Brittany having conversations with, so far, 3 different HGs that dance about when to take the shot at Michael.  

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

What I'm seeing is Brittany having conversations with, so far, 3 different HGs that dance about when to take the shot at Michael.  

The first time I saw her bring this up was with Taylor. They both agreed neither could win against Michael, so their plan was to basically let him carry them to F3 then take him out. (How=..?) This was probably more than a week ago, so it’s been simmering in her mind for awhile.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Production trying to stop Taylor from telling the others what Brittany's comic meant. They don't want Brittany coming in the DR spiraling to them lol.

Have they ever done comics that are so blatantly insulting? I was trying to think of past instances, but couldn’t come up with anything. I mean, they may immortalize things that may not be the person’s favorite memory (Derex as Lord of the Latrine), but in my memory the comics tend to be flattering or just mildly teasing. Portraying someone as a parasite seems unusually harsh, regardless of whether it’s true. I guess I could say the same for “erepkyle dysfunction”, but then what was the alternative, putting him in a white hood? (You know they thought about it.)

Apropos of nothing, remember when we all thought Monte was going to be Xavier 2.0? Ha.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

was just about to post this. I love when BB gets sassy towards the end of the season. This is a cute clip. Too bad Terrance couldn't just be like that all the time.

I can't believe something so cute/funny involved Terrance.   Or that he was that adept at figuring out the connections between the clues and the houseguests.  

Taylor said that she thinks production wanted her to have a showmance with Monte. He had the "look" she goes for, but within one day she knew there was no chance of any romantic relationship.  Now she sees him as a good friend.  It took her longer for her heart to go va va va voom over Joseph, but then she grew to really like and trust him.  She felt they had a strong friendship and that is why she is so mad at him now.  

Alyssa is sitting there listening to this.  Taylor just said nice things about Kyle and how much he really liked A.  Alyssa said nothing in response to what Taylor said about Joseph.  Didn't she lie to Taylor about things Joseph said during Dyrefest? 

Edited by Thalia
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Terrance being all pissy about getting nominated...what a loser.  I guess he thought his convo with Michael was all that.  Actually it was lame.  Who did he think Michael would put up?  He gave Turner safety, and he is working with Taylor, Brittany and Monte ( at least M thinks he can trust Monte). Who is left Terrance?  Who?  "Your boy" is not too smart.

• Like 2
  • Love 11

Production has given them alcohol, some gourmet meats and cheeses, and a video camera for selfies.   Michael just announced to the camera that the houseguests are having a "Charcuterie and Wine Night." 

Edited by Thalia