Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: In The Ring

• Start Topic

Pat and Thaís fight over finances; Jibri's parents shift his mind on marriage; Bini enters the MMA arena; Bilal blindsides Shaeeda with talk of a prenup; Kara goes drinking without Guillermo; Emily reveals a wedding purchase she made in secret.

First Look: 06/17/22; TLC: 06/19/22; Discovery+: 06/19/22

• Love 1
23 hours ago, greekmom said:

First Look: 06/17/22; TLC: 06/19/22; Discovery+: 06/19/22

I am making a bingo card for Sunday's episode.  Pre nup, secret, badgering, drinking, bidet, wedding, dream wedding.....what else am I missing?  I am having a root canal and crown on the same tooth in a bit and I am having a hard time concentrating.

• Hugs 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am making a bingo card for Sunday's episode.  Pre nup, secret, badgering, drinking, bidet, wedding, dream wedding.....what else am I missing?  I am having a root canal and crown on the same tooth in a bit and I am having a hard time concentrating.

Bilal lecturing Shaeeda, Emily rolling her eyes.

Good luck with the RC!

Edited by JeanJean
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Since so much is scripted, and phony on this show, I wonder if Bini's fight is legit?   And how he's fighting without a work permit?   Or is it a tryout, and he's not paid? 

Even for Emily, the ring stunt is ridiculous. 

• Like 6
  • Love 7
(edited)

So Emily and her family go to some bridal shop to pretend to play Say Yes to the Dress. The consultant doesn't even ask about the budget and when the wedding will be. Unless it was part of some pre-show call to request dresses in the $500-1000 range.  The date is important in terms of actually having a dress for the occasion. Unless there is a full time seamstress or the owner is also the seamstress, it will take months for Emily's dress (with her measurements) to arrive from the manufacturer. Then the minor alterations happen. How is the dress going to fit her within 40 days? Plus she pulls out some stunt ring that she bought herself? I get going to a jeweler and both picking out a ring in the groom's budget so the bride likes the ring, the style works for her life, etc. She seems to be in love with the wedding day and really hasn't given the actual marriage much thought. Wonder what dress will actually show up. So easy to go to a big city, find a really nice cocktail dress that can be re-worn for other occasions and gives more bang for the buck. But Princess Ems has to do her princessing for a day.

Then more BS with Jibri and his parents. If the deadline wasn't 90 days, he wouldn't marry Miona.

Spoiler

It has been leaked that they are already married almost everywhere and that their story is most likely a reenactment.

Most women really don't want a struggling musician - they want one with the big bucks already or on his way to making the big bucks. Hopefully Miona can get her makeup artist/makeup brand (one of the many glut brands out there) plans moving or life in LA will not happen. These folks don't seem to get that you don't have 90 days to do the final spousal test drive. Ah well, it's most likely a starter marriage for both. Miona will move on to far wealthier pastures in LA.

Edited by Frozendiva
Wasn’t sure of a spoiler
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Don't be shocked. Her name is Emily Bieberly, so she's already halfway to being a cartoon character.

As much as I have taken a liking to Kobe, I fast forward any scene with this Emily chick in it. She is grotesque in every way. The sight and sound of her make me want to punch something.

Oh, and did I mention I loathe Emily? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
(edited)

I don't loathe Emily, but yeah she is annoying. What really gets me ---- ok one of the things that really gets me---- is how her parents seem so down to earth, grounded, based in reality, articulate, intelligent and all those things. Then you have Emily.

wussupwidat?

oops editing to explain that I did not see the prior episode that I just read all about with the manure shoveling. So maybe I missed some stuff where it might not have the parents being so heads and shoulders better than their big Emily...

Edited by Polliwollidoodle
  • Like 2
(edited)
On 6/17/2022 at 11:11 PM, Frozendiva said:

So Emily and her family go to some bridal shop to pretend to play Say Yes to the Dress. The consultant doesn't even ask about the budget and when the wedding will be. Unless it was part of some pre-show call to request dresses in the $500-1000 range.  The date is important in terms of actually having a dress for the occasion.

It's all fake anyway, but I think we're supposed to figure the salon is aware of the 90 day timeline (actually more like 60 now) and are only showing Emily dresses that she could buy that day off the rack that need minimal alterations. We see that all the time on SYTTD. At least we're not getting the drama of her falling in love with a $15K Pnina Tornai! 

And I'm no jeweler, but that ring she bought herself must be fake. She has NO money to spend on a real diamond. It looked like a pear shaped center stone surrounded by chips and she said it was "a carat." Well, even CZs are sold by the carat. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 5
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Is it bad that I wanted Emily to squeeze herself into that rock hole, get stuck, work herself into an uncontrollable panic, start foaming at the mouth while writhing in excruciating agony only to have the fire department show up with a tub of butter and a stick of dynamite?

No.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Is it bad that I wanted Emily to squeeze herself into that rock hole, get stuck, work herself into an uncontrollable panic, start foaming at the mouth while writhing in excruciating agony only to have the fire department show up with a tub of butter and a stick of dynamite?

Yes.

Why waste a perfectly good tub of butter, just go with the dynamite.

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2

Please Ari never wear that dress again. 

Emily is garbage. 

Miona-needs to get a new makeup mirror.

Kara-continues to confirm she’s TOTALLY unique & the life of the party. 

Patrick’s realizing the sex might not be worth the $$$$ 

Shaeeda/Bilaz- Zzzzz

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 6

Patrick is part of a couple, but he needs to decide who he is coupled with: is it Thais, or his brother John? Because it can't be both. 

As it appears now, the couple is Patrick and John, and Thais is just the woman Patrick is screwing and who he can show off in public as the hot chick he snagged. That's all.

If Patrick really thought of Thais as his partner, he would have made her a part of the house selection process: discussed with her the amount of money that could be spent, showed her pictures of the various options available, asked what was important to her, and valued her input. He did none of that. Thais' real problem with the house is that she had no say in its selection as Patrick's future wife, and is being given no say in its decor, but John's input apparently has been part of both decision-making processes. Thais doesn't want a future in which she will always be playing second-fiddle to John, even in decisions that directly affect her.

Patrick's a liar and a cheater, and as evidenced by how he told the story of the way he met Thais, he's the type of guy for whom looks are of sole importance. 

Patrick saw a picture of a hot chick. He set up a date to meet the hot chick. He worried the chick might not be as hot in person as she appeared in her picture. When they met and she looked exactly like her picture, he couldn't believe his good luck and immediately fell in love with the hot chick and asked her to marry him. She said yes.

When it comes to women, having shared interests, similar goals, outlook on life, morals, etc., are just silly details Patrick couldn't care less about. Especially since he and his brother John live together and they're on the same wavelength with most - if not all - of those things. As long as Patrick's woman is hot and a good lay (which Thais apparently is), all the boxes are ticked as far as Patrick is concerned. The end.

Unfortunately, he forgot to send that memo to Thais. She's still under the impression she's Patrick's partner - or that she will be just as soon as Patrick sends John packing, making it clear Thais is and will be his priority from then on.

Except that isn't going to happen. Patrick has already made his choice and Thais needs to make hers: either accept being #2, or go back to Brazil.

I like Thais. She's a victim just like most of the fiancés in this franchise have been victims. Victims of their American fiancés lies, both outright and of omission. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I wonder how much they paid that guy to take a dive, so that Bini could win. Someone should probably tell Ari that Bini isn’t Rocky and she isn’t Adrienne, so she should sit her ass down.

Bilal has two divorces under his belt, so the odds are against him. So, it makes sense for him to try and protect himself. 

I don't particularly care for Thais. She strikes me as someone who will never be happy and will always want more.  I don't think they are a good match. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Except that isn't going to happen. Patrick has already made his choice and Thais needs to make hers: either accept being #2, or go back to Brazil.

I like Thais. She's a victim just like most of the fiancés in this franchise have been victims. Victims of their American fiancés lies, both outright and of omission. 

We seem to be in the minority here of having some sympathy for Thais.  She came across as much more reasonable this episode.  Patrick was really setting off some alarm bells with the "don't worry about it" view on finances.   Still, I agree with you that he's not going to get rid of his brother, so this may all be for naught. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

We seem to be in the minority here of having some sympathy for Thais.  She came across as much more reasonable this episode.  Patrick was really setting off some alarm bells with the "don't worry about it" view on finances.   Still, I agree with you that he's not going to get rid of his brother, so this may all be for naught. 

I agree. I think she handled it maturely. 

Emily has this wacko, "I'm the most important person in the world because I'm getting married" vibe.

• Applause 1
  • Love 7

Early thoughts:

Bilal and Shaeeda: Yes, romance her one minute and pull the rug out the next. The ferris wheel ride, and then here comes the pre-nup talk and then let's go on a horse carriage ride! I would have red flags about that. Explain the pre-nup. Also talk to Shaeeda if you expect her to work or to just stay home and be a housewife. What if you get sick or injured or something? There goes the sole provider role. What will she do if something happens? Does she have a plan B? Some sort of career besides yoga? The wedding dress was stunning, but a bit conservative.

Kara and Guillermo: So she whines to her friend that her fiance is not the life of the party. She is almost 30 and the party days are coming to an end.

Emily and Kobe: Why would she take him to those rocks? Why not save the money from the expensive dress and find a nice cocktail dress or suit to wear to the courthouse or have the JP come out and marry her and Kobe? Why buy herself the ring that she likes in case Kobe doesn't come up with one. Grrrrr. You don't need the big dress and a big day. The parents' gift of $10,000 could go a long way to renting an apartment, furniture, etc. Kobe can't work for months.

Bini and Ari: Her dress was too short and wasn't all that flattering. He expects to make money with MMA? That will take a while. Did the other guy throw the fight so Bini could have his moment? There was a blonde woman with a ponytail that looked like Angela.

Patrick and Thais: Thais should have some idea of her fiance's income. She doesn't need an exact amount - just a range. Why didn't they go to Homegoods/Homesense to look at decor for the house? Much cheaper than some arty overpriced furniture shop. I see bedroom pillows for $200 here - just a small pillow. Lots of stuff at Homesense - prints, cushions, vases, fake flowers - she could buy a ton of stuff. It wasn't cool for him to throw the credit card and money at her. Maybe he needs to figure out this marriage and life partner stuff. He just wanted the hot girl but she is a part of the relationship.

Jibby and Miona: Yeah, Jibs. The parents will guilt you. They are a bit right in that you should not rush in to marriage. Your band is going nowhere right now, you don't have any other job, you are planning a wedding with a woman who has no money, no job, no nothing. Just makeup and pulled back hair. The 6 month break and just continuing to date would do both of you good to see what you are getting into, what happens if the music career doesn't take off. Will Miona still want you as a truck driver or some guy with a regular job. I still see her as a starter wife who will leave when a better LA opportunity comes her way. If you are unhappy before the wedding, thing won't change after the wedding. 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The wedding dress was stunning, but a bit conservative.

It wasn't all that conservative - she was wearing a white turtleneck underneath it.  It still clung fairly tightly.  I noticed two other characters wearing turtlenecks tonight, but I can't recall whom.  I think Jibri and maybe Arielle.  Possibly Kara.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

It wasn't all that conservative - she was wearing a white turtleneck underneath it.  It still clung fairly tightly.  I noticed two other characters wearing turtlenecks tonight, but I can't recall whom.  I think Jibri and maybe Arielle.  Possibly Kara.

Emily’s two gowns showed much more skin and cleavage.

• Love 1

I don't disagree at all.  By American standards it showed very little skin.  I just don't think it was a dress catered to Muslim tastes or she wouldn't have been clearly wearing a shirt underneath it.  I don't pretend to be remotely knowledgeable about such matters.  Mrs. Anon pointed it  out to me, and then I couldn't help but notice.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The 6 month break and just continuing to date would do both of you good to see what you are getting into, what happens if the music career doesn't take off.

But how would he bring Miona back over? Once a K-1 visa expires, you can't get another one for years, maybe ever.

Oh, and I suspect the band never finished the album because TLC probably only paid for a few days of studio time, and they didn't remotely look like they had their shit together. If they were professional in the slightest, they would have spent all those months of quarantine collaborating online, and would have just needed the studio time to lay down the final performances.

3 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I agree. I think she handled it maturely. 

Emily has this wacko, "I'm the most important person in the world because I'm getting married" vibe.

Emily legitimately thinks the world owes her a super-fancy wedding. Her parents should have explained to her long ago that the world doesn't give a damn what you think you're owed. If they're facing eviction six months after they move out, the apartment manager is unlikely to accept an excuse of "We don't have the rent money because we spent it on a fancy wedding."

4 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I wonder how much they paid that guy to take a dive, so that Bini could win. Someone should probably tell Ari that Bini isn’t Rocky and she isn’t Adrienne, so she should sit her ass down.

That guy looked middle-aged. It was a fix, either by paying the opponent off or at least booking someone with no skills who just needed the payday and could get the New Jersey Athletic Commission's approval.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Bini and Ari: Her dress was too short and wasn't all that flattering. He expects to make money with MMA? That will take a while. Did the other guy throw the fight so Bini could have his moment? There was a blonde woman with a ponytail that looked like Angela.

Yep that was Grangela. It must have been blink and miss because I missed it.  I need to ff and rewatch the scene.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/17/2022 at 9:37 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Since so much is scripted, and phony on this show, I wonder if Bini's fight is legit?   And how he's fighting without a work permit?   Or is it a tryout, and he's not paid? 

Even for Emily, the ring stunt is ridiculous. 

I was wondering if it was fixed as well, because that guy looked to me to be about a head taller, at least, than Bini.

In other news the other binful-o-crap, Bilal, topped himself with his stunt on the ferris wheel. "I really didn't want to come and spoil the moment" -  so why *did* you, lowlife? It seems that, as expected, the only persons being "protected" by the prenup are him and his kids. Nothing for Shaeeda in case he dumps her here away from her family. So how is that "protecting us both," Blowhard? You about as romantic as cold oatmeal.

Looks like most of these relationships have already hit the rocks, which seems like good news as none of these people seem to have a clue about each other.

I've temporarily forgotten the name of Thäis' fiancé, but she's right - that house, with its confined areas and total lack of personality, is completely depressing. I would feel claustrophobic in there. I don't get these all grey, all black, or all white spaces. I know the couches had some ugly colors, but that helped nothing. It seemed everything he said tonight came straight from the mouth of John. Sure, she's demanding, and I don't defend that, but I think he took a strange issue to get tough about. If you have no taste, let your partner contribute her taste to what's supposed to be her home, too. You can do it cheaply if you decide not to be such a pig head. I suppose he may have had such a rootless childhood that he doesn't want to invest in his living space, but it seems his other house didn't have this problem.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 9
On 6/18/2022 at 8:10 AM, Polliwollidoodle said:

I don't loathe Emily, but yeah she is annoying. What really gets me ---- ok one of the things that really gets me---- is how her parents seem so down to earth, grounded, based in reality, articulate, intelligent and all those things. Then you have Emily.

wussupwidat?

oops editing to explain that I did not see the prior episode that I just read all about with the manure shoveling. So maybe I missed some stuff where it might not have the parents being so heads and shoulders better than their big Emily...

Not to mention her parents have raised this shiftless piece of work, but now they expect her fiancé to come up with the solution for it.

• Applause 4
  • Love 12
On 6/17/2022 at 11:32 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am making a bingo card for Sunday's episode.  Pre nup, secret, badgering, drinking, bidet, wedding, dream wedding.....what else am I missing?  

Shopping for wedding dresses, coffee with sassy gay friend. 

On 6/18/2022 at 11:54 PM, magemaud said:

It's all fake anyway, but I think we're supposed to figure the salon is aware of the 90 day timeline (actually more like 60 now) and are only showing Emily dresses that she could buy that day off the rack that need minimal alterations. We see that all the time on SYTTD. At least we're not getting the drama of her falling in love with a $15K Pnina Tornai! 

And I'm no jeweler, but that ring she bought herself must be fake. She has NO money to spend on a real diamond. It looked like a marquise shaped center stone surrounded by chips and she said it was "a carat." Well, even CZs are sold by the carat. 

No worries! No one on this show has ever actually worn the wedding dress she tries on in the obligatory "try on wedding dresses" scene. 

And that ring? Cracker Jack box. 

8 hours ago, anoninrva said:

I was deeply, DEEPLY uncomfortable when Patrick started throwing cash at her. She's your fiancee, dickhead. Not some two bit whore. You suck and so does your stupid drunk brother. 

As I said in the chat, I am firmly Team Miona. I don't care if she has unrealistic expectations about starting a makeup line (somehow I doubt. I'm sure she aspires to be an "influencer" and monetize that with endorsements and so on, which, fine. More power to her if she can make that work). Jibri brought her here on a FIANCEE visa. To get married! Its not "90 days to mull it over". And instead of being in his woman's corner, he whines and complains and lets his family and friends run roughshod over him. He just sits there like a sulky teenager. He's leading Miona on. She thinks that they are getting married and is proceeding accordingly. Then he comes out of nowhere with "I think we should wait." Dude. You can't wait. If you and Miona don't get married you can't ask for an extension! This is not a test you didn't study for! Let her go if you have that much doubt. He wants to have his cake and eat it too. He expects her to just go home to Serbia and wait for him to get off the fence. And he refuses to stand up for her. He's weak and spineless, Miona is worth ten of him. (I'm putting aside the whole "beach wedding" subplot because its so obviously fake it doesn't merit my attention).

Oh, and fuck you Bilal. He is lower than plankton. What an abusive fuck. I hate him. 

• Applause 9
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Patrick and Thais: Why didn't they go to Homegoods/Homesense to look at decor for the house? Much cheaper than some arty overpriced furniture shop. I see bedroom pillows for $200 here - just a small pillow. Lots of stuff at Homesense - prints, cushions, vases, fake flowers - she could buy a ton of stuff.

Didn't go to Home Goods probably because they couldn't clear the rest of the customers to film there, and maybe the store provided a small (under $50?) credit for filming/credit.  I've gotta say, I would love to shop in that store - I loved everything I saw there!  I'm not aware of any stores like that around me, which is probably a good thing. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

Didn't go to Home Goods probably because they couldn't clear the rest of the customers to film there, and maybe the store provided a small (under $50?) credit for filming/credit.  I've gotta say, I would love to shop in that store - I loved everything I saw there!  I'm not aware of any stores like that around me, which is probably a good thing. 

What are sales taxes in Dallas that a $32 item was $46?

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Jibri brought her here on a FIANCEE visa. To get married! Its not "90 days to mull it over". And instead of being in his woman's corner, he whines and complains and lets his family and friends run roughshod over him.

There seem to be quite a few cast members this time who are under the delusion that they signed up for a 90 Day Tryout Visa. It must be contagious.

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, renatae said:

There seem to be quite a few cast members this time who are under the delusion that they signed up for a 90 Day Tryout Visa. It must be contagious.

That's my biggest pet peeve with the show - the 90 days is to get married.  You shouldn't apply if you're unsure about marriage.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

Kara, grow the fuck up or don't get married. If having drinks with your loser friends a couple times a week is more important than your fiancee then send him back to the DR. 

14 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Bilal has two divorces under his belt, so the odds are against him

Two? I didn't know that. I know he was divorced from the mother of his kids but when was the second one mentioned? 

• Love 6

Lizard tongue finds herself a ring from the cracker jack box and her sister is the only one in the family with any sense. Lizard's parents could have told her they weren't giving any money for the wedding until she goes to the courthouse to do it quickly and then if they are still together a year down the road then maybe pay for a wedding. So what do they do instead? Give $10,000 and lecture Kobe on how to be a responsible husband/father. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Kara, grow the fuck up or don't get married. If having drinks with your loser friends a couple times a week is more important than your fiancee then send him back to the DR. 

Two? I didn't know that. I know he was divorced from the mother of his kids but when was the second one mentioned? 

It wasn’t.  People have researched on the internet.

• Useful 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why buy herself the ring that she likes in case Kobe doesn't come up with one.

She said she had been dropping hints about the ring for weeks (probably since the minute he stepped off the plane) but why couldn't she go to the jewelry store (or just look in the store window ala Darcey) WITH him and point out the ring she liked? Then tell him privately she was willing to chip in for it if it was over his budget. 

I hope her backup ring is returnable if Kobe gives her a different one. I know sometimes the guy picks out the ring but it's basically symbolic and he can have credit towards a different one if the woman doesn't like it. From the brief glimpse we saw in the preview, it looks like he has chosen another ring. And what about the old "two months salary" guideline when you are unemployed? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, greekmom said:

Yep that was Grangela. It must have been blink and miss because I missed it.  I need to ff and rewatch the scene.

I’ll save you the brain cells lost from rewatching. I forgot to post this last night 

A22AA74C-0E37-48D2-AB1A-F132597B7375.jpeg

• Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, renatae said:

Looks like most of these relationships have already hit the rocks, which seems like good news as none of these people seem to have a clue about each other.

Well, that's the thing. We're up to Episode 10 and always at this point in filming we are led to believe that none of the couples will get down the aisle. Then, magically, the last two episodes all the problems are resolved and basically all of them get married. I can't remember anyone going home before the 90 days were up, (although there probably was a couple or two I'm forgetting, please remind me.) Plus even if the marriage is doomed from the start, they could still secure a place on HEA and possibly split then, after collecting another season of paychecks. 

I'm not going to spoil anything here but some of these couples were already married before they even appeared on the show and it's all faked. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, renatae said:

I suppose he may have had such a rootless childhood that he doesn't want to invest in his living space, but it seems his other house didn't have this problem.

I think he said he lived in the Austin house with his ex-wife and she probably did any decorating. And I get the feeling Patrick might use his childhood as an excuse for anything and everything. 

19 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Patrick’s realizing the sex might not be worth the $$$$ 

especially if he's prone to floppiness

• Like 2
  • Wink 6
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Someone over on their couples' page unearthed a photo of Wife #1 in her wedding gown that makes Shaeeda's gown look immodest by comparison. He must have been pretty young if he is 42, was married for ten years to #2 and has been divorced for 7 years. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I hope her backup ring is returnable if Kobe gives her a different one.

I hope it’s not.

2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Someone over on their couples' page unearthed a photo of Wife #1 in her wedding gown that makes Shaeeda's gown look immodest by comparison. He must have been pretty young if he is 42, was married for ten years to #2 and has been divorced for 7 years. 

I think I read his first marriage was very brief in his mid-20s.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Putting aside his personality does anyone else find it unconvincing when Bilal thinks he is romantic with that goofy face and goofy smile?  Also no one else thinks of taking their woman on a carriage ride or Ferris wheel?  That’s the lowest hanging fruit on the tree re dating ideas, barely above bowling or miniature golf.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
15 hours ago, anoninrva said:

I don't disagree at all.  By American standards it showed very little skin.  I just don't think it was a dress catered to Muslim tastes or she wouldn't have been clearly wearing a shirt underneath it.  I don't pretend to be remotely knowledgeable about such matters.  Mrs. Anon pointed it  out to me, and then I couldn't help but notice.

Actually, she wore the turtleneck over the dress, not under it. The turtleneck was made of a fairly thin fabric and I could clearly see the dress underneath it was strapless.

Muslim modesty standards are identical to Orthodox Jewish modesty standards; arms covered to the wrist, upper chest/collarbones/upper back completely covered, usually up to the neck.

Finding a wedding gown in the U.S. that meets those criteria is next to impossible. 

At Kleinfeld Bridal in NY, they have a bridal consultant that works exclusively with brides from the Orthodox Jewish community (and I presume any Muslim brides, should they shop at Kleinfeld). 

That consultant is able to advise the brides which dresses can be built up and have sleeves added (which, by the way, isn't easy. Those are complicated and expensive alterations).

There are evangelical Christian women who also follow similar modesty rules. When Michelle Duggar (formerly of "19 Kids and Counting") went to Kleinfeld to choose a dress for the reaffirmation ceremony to her husband Jim Bob, she also insisted on sleeves and a high neckline. 

However, she took it one step further: she refused to allow her female consultant in the fitting room to help her in and out of the dresses. In their brand of Christianity, no woman can allow even another woman to see them partially unclothed... that's modesty 10.0.

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Changed "conservative" to "Orthodox"
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4

About the Bile & Shaeeda pre-nup.  I think Shaeeda is taking it personally, as if Bile doesn't trust her.  And I doubt he does.  But he's trying to prevent the scenario of a marriage break-up where the most recent EX inherits everything and his kids get nothing.  

She needs to have her own lawyer look it over to ensure that it benefits her and not just Bile.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

This Week’s Winners and Losers:

Winner: This week’s winner is Dr. Fred, who volunteered to stay home with Avi instead of schlepping an hour away just to watch his daughter’s sperm donor enter an MMA cage and somehow “win” the match after 30 seconds. Fred probably got a memo about the match being fixed and knew his presence would have added no value, plus he didn't have a sequined short-sleeved dress shirt to wear to the festivities. 

Loser: The furniture store proprietor, who thought he’d hit the jackpot when Sharp contacted him about getting some free advertising. He was under the misconception that his store would be showcased and would attract numerous new customers. Sadly, the only result was that potential customers will now shy away due to the inexplicably high prices of ordinary tchotchkes. To add insult to injury, the proprietor was put in the position of needing to morph into a couples therapist after fearing that Thais was going to start throwing vases and wall art at her fiancé.

Next Week: Kara and her pornstachioed gay friend have a few too many cocktails and start referring to Guillermo as “a little bitch.” Then Kara continues down that road, feeling the need to share her concerns about Guillermo’s lack of sexual prowess and his undersized pecker, just because she needs something to criticize Guillermo about and is desperate to get a laugh at his expense.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

Patrick has an ugly temper….I could see it simmering away.  The things he said to her, throwing money at her. Not ok. 

Patrick has an ugly temper….I could see it simmering away.  The things he said to her, throwing money at her. Not ok. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

enter an MMA cage and somehow “win” the match after 30 seconds.

Did they call it a rear naked choke?  Sounded like a porn video.

Dr. Fred, who volunteered to stay home

Thus avoiding audience member Angela from asking if he knows any colleagues who would perform additional cosmetic surgeries on her for free.

Kara and her pornstachioed gay friend

If dude thought the mustache was going to offset the voice he was wrong.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 9