Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: In The Ring

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Patrick has an ugly temper….I could see it simmering away.  The things he said to her, throwing money at her. Not ok. 

Patrick has an ugly temper….I could see it simmering away.  The things he said to her, throwing money at her. Not ok. 

Yeah although it’s ironic that her father said American men wrongly think they can buy Brazilian women when Thais is constantly asking Patrick to spend more money on her.   I don’t hear her asking for quality time and him to write her a love poem lol.  Also she wants him to be blunt with his brother but she hid both that she was moving permanently and marrying Patrick from her dad.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, renatae said:

I've temporarily forgotten the name of Thäis' fiancé, but she's right - that house, with its confined areas and total lack of personality, is completely depressing. I would feel claustrophobic in there. I don't get these all grey, all black, or all white spaces. I know the couches had some ugly colors, but that helped nothing. It seemed everything he said tonight came straight from the mouth of John. Sure, she's demanding, and I don't defend that, but I think he took a strange issue to get tough about. If you have no taste, let your partner contribute her taste to what's supposed to be her home, too.

What was Patrick's problem this week? He seemed nice, and now he's become an uncaring and uncompromising bully. Thais wants to add her touch to the house, what's wrong with that? Is he surprised? Taking her to a furniture store was misleading; of course she thought she was going to be able to pick out some things. He seemed to berate her because she wanted color and design in her home - he saw objects and furniture as insignificant items, and he stated that a number of times. Well, Patrick, you're wrong.

Also, it's time to talk about money. You don't have to wait until, as he put, she becomes his wife. What's the big secret? She sees how you live, what you have, so talk about it. It shouldn't be a big deal. Throwing money at her so she could buy something was uncalled for and mean. I would have taken it, not to buy furniture, but to keep it in case I needed it for some kind of predicament in the future - caused by Patrick.

If this is Patrick's real personality, I guess I'll have to say run, girl. We saw John has deep issues from being raised in a terribly abuse household, so maybe Patrick's true colors are coming out now. One word: therapy. Then, after some healing, look for a relationship.Work on yourself first.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Red flags that Patrick won’t discuss his finances with Thais. Sure he’s giving her all (most) of what she wants but maybe he’s racking up a ton of credit card debt trying to look like he has money. She needs to know what the deal is before getting married. They need to discuss budgets together.

Emily… living with her parents, adding two other humans to their house, no job, but buys herself a ring for no good reason.

Bilal - even his sister is almost gaslighting shaeda, saying she’s never seen him act like that. They’re going to be watching the show when it airs and still say that he didn’t do anything wrong with how he talks to her.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Breedom said:

What was Patrick's problem this week? He seemed nice, and now he's become an uncaring and uncompromising bully. Thais wants to add her touch to the house, what's wrong with that? Is he surprised? Taking her to a furniture store was misleading; of course she thought she was going to be able to pick out some things. He seemed to berate her because she wanted color and design in her home - he saw objects and furniture as insignificant items, and he stated that a number of times. Well, Patrick, you're wrong.

Also, it's time to talk about money. You don't have to wait until, as he put, she becomes his wife. What's the big secret? She sees how you live, what you have, so talk about it. It shouldn't be a big deal. Throwing money at her so she could buy something was uncalled for and mean. I would have taken it, not to buy furniture, but to keep it in case I needed it for some kind of predicament in the future - caused by Patrick.

If this is Patrick's real personality, I guess I'll have to say run, girl. We saw John has deep issues from being raised in a terribly abuse household, so maybe Patrick's true colors are coming out now. One word: therapy. Then, after some healing, look for a relationship.Work on yourself first.

Maybe it’s residual roid rage. Although I have to say just because it’s popular in Brazil I wouldn’t want loud primary colors in my decor lol.

1 hour ago, toomuchtv said:

Emily… living with her parents, adding two other humans to their house, no job, but buys herself a ring for no good reason.

According to previews soon to be three.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

Bile is a selfish, mysoginistic asshole. I wanted to punch him just because he hogged the whole blanket on the carriage ride.

I think Patrick is still using steroids.

You can pretty much tell who is already married because they don't even try to conceal the wedding bands.

The fakeness is ridiculously obvious. I wouldn't care about that so much if at least one of these couples were likeable.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

Emily is such a vile, spoiled twat that I really want to punch her when she is on the screen. She is one of those women who just for some reason think she is THE shit and that her friends, family and Kobe are just super blessed to be in her orbit. And I dont' understand why. We all know these women---they have super high self esteem and confidence but yet no real accomplishments that would normally lend to that behavior. It baffles. She bought that ring herself? Yeah, it's a CZ. She hasn't paid a bill in almost 2 years, yet she used her savings to buy her dream ring? If I were her parents I would throw a fit. Her mom should have in that moment. I was LOLing at his reaction to Rock City. WTF was that? hahaha...she is  more in love with the idea of being married than actually marrying Kobe and starting a life with him and their son. They will marry but that shit won't last. 

I ff'd Jibroni and Areola. I did see the conversation with his mother and if what she said was true about Miona and the non stop texting, they are right to be concerned. They will marry and she will ditch him once she gets her card and settled in the US and realizes how non famous a singer he will be. Anfisa and Jorge 2.0. Loved in the preview where he says they are treating him like he is 15 and stepdad says well you are acting like you are 15 again. Preach! Ari---WTF was that dress? Is that her idea of glamour and dressing up to be classy? LOL at the fakery and their attempt at a Rocky and Adrienne moment (Rocky 1). I see Leandro is back...and of course it is fine for her to hang with him but Bini can't train with women in a gym full of people. OK, got it. 

Kara....again, similar to Emily in that she thinks she is THE shit, but at least she is somewhat attractive. I think what the gay friend was hinting at to her and to us is that this marriage is just another one of her "oh wow look at ME!!! see how on the edge and non conventional I am? I met a cute younger bartender in the DR, he is a refugee from Venezuela." She thinks people look at her with such admiration and awe and respect, but girlfriend you are hitting 30 and it is just starting to be pathetic. She will be the woman in her 40s hooking up with 20 somethings from her dating apps and bragging about it over boozy brunch---if she has any of her friends in her age group left. Most at that point will be home raising their kids or otherwise invested in their partners. 

Patrick adn Thais. I see both their points of view....if he has never sat down and talked finances with her, how does she know what her budget is to decorate? He wants to wine and dine her and I suspect a LOT of this is on credit cards (didnt' he say 14 trips to Brazil in what, 2 years? That in airfare alone was $$$$) and it is starting to stress him out and he is realizign that Thais doesn't bring much more than her hot body to the table. Has she ever mentioned a career?? Like, what she wants to do once she CAN work? There are hot lazy American women if that is what he wanted, hell, he could have found one in the local Brazilian community which would have saved him all that fly time. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Breedom said:

Patrick leads a sales team for home security products.  At best, his income is variable.  At worst, it's an MLM-type Ponzi scheme that is built on luring in new suckers and will eventually crumble.  He also (like Bilal) seems to be living with high debt.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Thais doesn't bring much more than her hot body to the table. Has she ever mentioned a career?? Like, what she wants to do once she CAN work?

She’s a MODEL! 

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, anoninrva said:

Patrick leads a sales team for home security products.  At best, his income is variable.

He sort of hinted this to her....she asked how much he said essentially, I make enough, but yeah it varies. and then went back to "bills are paid, we have a full fridge, a roof, so what does it  matter?" and with that I totally do believe his story of a rough, poor childhood. And like many who  never had any money to manage or saw parents who managed money and a household, I am guessing he doesn't manage his money well at all and yes, lives with a lot of debt and smoke and mirrors. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Lizard tongue finds herself a ring from the cracker jack box and her sister is the only one in the family with any sense. Lizard's parents could have told her they weren't giving any money for the wedding until she goes to the courthouse to do it quickly and then if they are still together a year down the road then maybe pay for a wedding. So what do they do instead? Give $10,000 and lecture Kobe on how to be a responsible husband/father. 

What a perfect nickname for that icky girl!!!!  She is the spitting image of her homely ass daddy!  Ugh!  Uglier than sin, itellya!

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
29 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

He sort of hinted this to her....she asked how much he said essentially, I make enough, but yeah it varies. and then went back to "bills are paid, we have a full fridge, a roof, so what does it  matter?" and with that I totally do believe his story of a rough, poor childhood. And like many who  never had any money to manage or saw parents who managed money and a household, I am guessing he doesn't manage his money well at all and yes, lives with a lot of debt and smoke and mirrors. 

Different people can have extreme opinions about debt.  I know a guy who got married and he was the breadwinner but his wife still insisted that they never carry a credit card balance and that it be paid in full each month.  That’s fine I guess but sometimes you have to charge something expensive that can’t be delayed such as a replacement appliance or repairing a roof lol.  When I was a kid it was common for people to save for a year before buying a big ticket item like a color tv but I think most people now just charge it and are willing to pay more for the convenience of not to have to wait.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

And like many who  never had any money to manage or saw parents who managed money and a household, I am guessing he doesn't manage his money well at all and yes, lives with a lot of debt and smoke and mirrors. 

I realize you're talking about Patrick, but basically the same thing could be said about Bilal although his childhood was poor but not abusive (as far as we know.) 

Edited by magemaud
54 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I realize you're talking about Patrick, but basically the same thing could be said about Bilal although his childhood was poor but not abusive (as far as we know.) 

absolutely....I think the presence of children (and I imagine child support payments) and the life experience of two prior marriages and divorces has helped Bilal. I still think he is probably up to his eyebrows in debt and a lot of it is for show...

On 6/19/2022 at 11:31 PM, Frozendiva said:

Early thoughts:

Bilal and Shaeeda: Yes, romance her one minute and pull the rug out the next. The ferris wheel ride, and then here comes the pre-nup talk and then let's go on a horse carriage ride! I would have red flags about that. Explain the pre-nup. Also talk to Shaeeda if you expect her to work or to just stay home and be a housewife. What if you get sick or injured or something? There goes the sole provider role. What will she do if something happens? Does she have a plan B? Some sort of career besides yoga? The wedding dress was stunning, but a bit conservative.

Kara and Guillermo: So she whines to her friend that her fiance is not the life of the party. She is almost 30 and the party days are coming to an end.

Emily and Kobe: Why would she take him to those rocks? Why not save the money from the expensive dress and find a nice cocktail dress or suit to wear to the courthouse or have the JP come out and marry her and Kobe? Why buy herself the ring that she likes in case Kobe doesn't come up with one. Grrrrr. You don't need the big dress and a big day. The parents' gift of $10,000 could go a long way to renting an apartment, furniture, etc. Kobe can't work for months.

Bini and Ari: Her dress was too short and wasn't all that flattering. He expects to make money with MMA? That will take a while. Did the other guy throw the fight so Bini could have his moment? There was a blonde woman with a ponytail that looked like Angela.

Patrick and Thais: Thais should have some idea of her fiance's income. She doesn't need an exact amount - just a range. Why didn't they go to Homegoods/Homesense to look at decor for the house? Much cheaper than some arty overpriced furniture shop. I see bedroom pillows for $200 here - just a small pillow. Lots of stuff at Homesense - prints, cushions, vases, fake flowers - she could buy a ton of stuff. It wasn't cool for him to throw the credit card and money at her. Maybe he needs to figure out this marriage and life partner stuff. He just wanted the hot girl but she is a part of the relationship.

Jibby and Miona: Yeah, Jibs. The parents will guilt you. They are a bit right in that you should not rush in to marriage. Your band is going nowhere right now, you don't have any other job, you are planning a wedding with a woman who has no money, no job, no nothing. Just makeup and pulled back hair. The 6 month break and just continuing to date would do both of you good to see what you are getting into, what happens if the music career doesn't take off. Will Miona still want you as a truck driver or some guy with a regular job. I still see her as a starter wife who will leave when a better LA opportunity comes her way. If you are unhappy before the wedding, thing won't change after the wedding. 

The Bishop Arts District where they were shopping is one of the trendiest in Dallas...I was thinking the same thing.  Go to At Home or Home Goods and load up on decor!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Stuckathome said:

absolutely....I think the presence of children (and I imagine child support payments) and the life experience of two prior marriages and divorces has helped Bilal. I still think he is probably up to his eyebrows in debt and a lot of it is for show...

I find it incredulous that his sister questions Shae's two engagements when her brother has been divorced twice!

• Like 2
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

I find it incredulous that his sister questions Shae's two engagements when her brother has been divorced twice!

We're not supposed to know that and I keep wondering if somehow it will come to light before the season ends. The way I see it is Shae called off two weddings but Bilal went through with his so who has more sense? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
39 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

The Bishop Arts District where they were shopping is one of the trendiest in Dallas...I was thinking the same thing.  Go to At Home or Home Goods and load up on decor!

At least have a plan. Let her know that the money right now goes toward the wedding, paperwork, moving costs, etc. to help her settle in, but there is X amount budget for a few items. I probably also wouldn’t be going to a high end home accessories store - more so Homegoods/Homesense, IKEA, Target, etc.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/20/2022 at 4:30 AM, renatae said:

I was wondering if it was fixed as well, because that guy looked to me to be about a head taller, at least, than Bini.

In other news the other binful-o-crap, Bilal, topped himself with his stunt on the ferris wheel. "I really didn't want to come and spoil the moment" -  so why *did* you, lowlife? It seems that, as expected, the only persons being "protected" by the prenup are him and his kids. Nothing for Shaeeda in case he dumps her here away from her family. So how is that "protecting us both," Blowhard? You about as romantic as cold oatmeal.

Looks like most of these relationships have already hit the rocks, which seems like good news as none of these people seem to have a clue about each other.

I've temporarily forgotten the name of Thäis' fiancé, but she's right - that house, with its confined areas and total lack of personality, is completely depressing. I would feel claustrophobic in there. I don't get these all grey, all black, or all white spaces. I know the couches had some ugly colors, but that helped nothing. It seemed everything he said tonight came straight from the mouth of John. Sure, she's demanding, and I don't defend that, but I think he took a strange issue to get tough about. If you have no taste, let your partner contribute her taste to what's supposed to be her home, too. You can do it cheaply if you decide not to be such a pig head. I suppose he may have had such a rootless childhood that he doesn't want to invest in his living space, but it seems his other house didn't have this problem.

Here is my thought on the Prenup thing......Shaeeda should meet with a lawyer herself for representation.  Bilal is not the only one entitled to protection.  Shaeeda gave up her life in Trinidad to come here for him.  She would need financial assistance to get back home.  Some ideas for her counter offer on a prenup:  If a split after 1 year she is entitled to $______ or _____%.  After 3 years her settlement would increase.....after 5 years etc.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Can we give a shout out to Bini who entered that ring ready to kick ass! He was not playing! That flying kick to the neck?  I was watching this with other people and we, in unison, shouted "OOOOOOHHHH!!" Dayum!!  Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Rebky said:

Can we give a shout out to Bini who entered that ring ready to kick ass! He was not playing! That flying kick to the neck?  I was watching this with other people and we, in unison, shouted "OOOOOOHHHH!!" Dayum!!  

While watching that I was actually thinking that it was a good thing Bini's opponent wasn't a better fighter because he could have grabbed Bini's leg and totally throw him down and pin him.  

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

While watching that I was actually thinking that it was a good thing Bini's opponent wasn't a better fighter because he could have grabbed Bini's leg and totally throw him down and pin him.  

I wonder if that poor guy shit his pants when Bini came flying out! lol

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, gigiann said:

Here is my thought on the Prenup thing......Shaeeda should meet with a lawyer herself for representation.  Bilal is not the only one entitled to protection.  Shaeeda gave up her life in Trinidad to come here for him.  She would need financial assistance to get back home.  Some ideas for her counter offer on a prenup:  If a split after 1 year she is entitled to $______ or _____%.  After 3 years her settlement would increase.....after 5 years etc.

I believe a prenup is not enforceable unless both parties are represented.  But Bilal would tell her no use mine and badger her over it.  I want to tell her a prenup would protect HER as well.

• Useful 2

Worst season of 9DF ever. Emily, Kara, Bilal, and Ariela are such insanely awful people, so much so that they are unwatchable. And their respective partners are idiots for staying with them. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, jnymph said:

Worst season of 9DF ever. Emily, Kara, Bilal, and Ariela are such insanely awful people, so much so that they are unwatchable. And their respective partners are idiots for staying with them. 

I wouldn’t watch it if it weren’t for the live chat. I think most who participate there would agree with me. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Rebky said:

Can we give a shout out to Bini who entered that ring ready to kick ass! He was not playing!

I ff'd their segments, but if true I am guessing no one let Bini in on teh secret that the fight was rigged for the cameras. Nice! 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

I wonder, would they still have shown the fight had Bini lost? 

TLC likes to portray the cast members as losers, so, yes they would have.

• Fire 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Gobi said:

TLC likes to portray the cast members as losers, so, yes they would have.

No, I think WE see them for the losers they actually are but TLC tries to portray them as successful in their various attempts to establish cuh-reers. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/19/2022 at 11:59 PM, anoninrva said:

We seem to be in the minority here of having some sympathy for Thais.  She came across as much more reasonable this episode.  Patrick was really setting off some alarm bells with the "don't worry about it" view on finances.   Still, I agree with you that he's not going to get rid of his brother, so this may all be for naught. 

I am in with both of you. Patrick reminds me of my controlling Ex. I dont like him. He isnt loking for a life partner.

• Love 3

Bilal definitely used a romantic date to try to manipulate Shaeeda into agreeing to a pre-nup. He brought it up while she was trapped in a confined space and uncomfortable with heights. He asked her in public thinking she wouldn’t yell or fight with him about it. It’s disgusting. But the fact that she was reading the document instead of enjoying the carriage ride was hilarious. He deserved that. Run girl.

When Bilal surprises you with a prenuptial agreement at the top of the Ferris wheel on your date together. 😍😍😍😍 Next, Bilal is going to run a bubble bath so he can tell her all the things she’s not allowed to do.

Patrick, if you don't like the prices of things, take her to Target or the dollar store or Winners/HomeSense. They all have great home decor for great prices.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5

I would hope that a relatively inexperienced fighter like Bini wouldn't be set up with somebody who would kick him into the ground...although I figure they set it up so that he was going to win.  However, I like Bini so I hope that he achieves his dream.

• Love 4

I have decided that Bini has suffered enough. He is with aeriola. Give the poor guy this very small victory. Of COURSE Ari did everything to steal his glory and make it all about her. But we see you Bini. We SEE you. *chest pump*

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/21/2022 at 8:36 AM, MrBuhBye said:

Different people can have extreme opinions about debt.  I know a guy who got married and he was the breadwinner but his wife still insisted that they never carry a credit card balance and that it be paid in full each month.  That’s fine I guess but sometimes you have to charge something expensive that can’t be delayed such as a replacement appliance or repairing a roof lol.  When I was a kid it was common for people to save for a year before buying a big ticket item like a color tv but I think most people now just charge it and are willing to pay more for the convenience of not to have to wait.

Her entire life my mom never had a credit card. She paid for her five-acre piece of land--$22,000 back in the early 1990s--and two newer pre-owned cars all in cash that she'd saved up for. When she and her partner built their house on that land it took them years to completely finish it because they would save up for each project. I think they'd been there 20 years when they finally finished the last of it, which was having the ceilings coved. They went with concrete floors for a long time before being able to finally afford to have Mexican stone tiles installed. I could never have been that patient! (My mother's house was her dream home--she passed away in 2019--and every part of it is unique and artistic.)

On 6/21/2022 at 10:06 AM, RoxiP said:

That's what I was thinking: you're in a big city and there has to be stores like Home Goods and Target you could have taken her to. To be clear, I don't really like either of them but when he was giving her what seemed like a menacing look it reminded me of the way Mike looked at Ximena when she broke up with him. Scary!

Emily's mom: "What will you do if Kobe gives you a ring you don't care for, then?"

Emily: "I'll just suck it up and wear it."

Me: "Then why the fuck did you buy a ring for yourself 'just in case' you might not like what he picks out for you??"

.************************************

ETA,@Mr. Miner: This can't be said enough and he can't be punched enough.

Yes, there's someone who has finally replaced Charlie, Andrrrei's bro-in-law, as my number one punching bag. Congrats, Bilal.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/21/2022 at 6:16 PM, Chloe Dog said:

I wonder if that poor guy shit his pants when Bini came flying out! lol

I can't believe Leandro has agreed again to fighting practice with Bini. Bini almost choked him to death last time and would NOT let up. Could he have broken his opponent's neck in the ring? Gross to watch. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 2