Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Lies That Bind


  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts


Lana asking all the questions but Clark's answer is the right one: People see who they want to see. 

SnuggleMuffin being cynical should not amuse me as much as it does.

Did Kyle have this much facial hair in the last episode? 

Lane and Irons are having fun being BFF.

I think you've got a little misplaced anger Lana. Being upset with Lois makes sense but understanding why Clark didn't tell you until now should mean that you understand why Lois kept quiet as well. Choosing to focus your anger on Lois means you are avoiding how upset you are with Clark. You'll feel better when you tell him. I do enjoy Lois freaking out to Clark in response. She's not wrong.

So Edge not only read The Fault In Our Stars but he read it more than once? That's hilarious. Good on him for switching to history books. Although fuck off Edge libraries are awesome.

I love how Lois is still angry he rewrote her article before she quit The Planet.

One thing I always hated from WB/CW was their thing about having musical acts in their shows. I know it was done for financial reasons but it always messed up the flow. The last thing this show needs is for Sarah to become their resident singer. I don't care how supportive Kyle is.

Ally's "ah!" when the hammer hit her was insanely funny. Do that every episode.

They'll mend their friendship but I don't hate Lana setting boundaries in light of the Superman news.

So Ally has become Imhotep. Someone get a cat to scare her away!

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Did the kids ditch the entire school day?  That's a great way to get grounded indefinitely, especially for Jon and Jordan.  Jon probably wishes he could do online schooling indefinitely though.  Sucks to be the pariah.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
(edited)
37 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Did the kids ditch the entire school day?  That's a great way to get grounded indefinitely, especially for Jon and Jordan. 

Sucks to be the pariah.

I mean, it's not like any teachers could possibly notice and tell their parents. ;)

Just ask Nash Wells. ;)

1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

Ally's "ah!" when the hammer hit her was insanely funny. Do that every episode.

Mjolnir!

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Clark was right in telling Lana that people see who they want to see.

It was a bit sad to see the long term friends keeping their distance for a bit. Lana, you are angry with Clark; not Lois. If everyone in town knows he is Superman, he will not have a normal life. Lois just can’t tell half the town that her husband is Superman.

I too noticed Kyle’s being more hairy. I get that the daughter likes music, but I don’t want to have unwanted music acts in the show. Maybe once per season.

The library comment and the hammer were funny. Ally was going all Goauld from Stargate with the glowing eyes and giving Apophis a run for his money.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Clark was right in telling Lana that people see who they want to see.

But people can also see. I think I have figured out the glasses problem. It is not Kent's glasses, it's Lana's lack thereof.

5 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I think you've got a little misplaced anger Lana.

I liked this, it was a realistic reaction. She's upset but not really sure where to direct it so she ends up giving it to Lois. Kyle being paranoid about Lana's love life was a nice touch as well.

Edge bringing flowers for Lois was hilarious. And I was not expecting the "They're peonies!" line later.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

10 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

So Ally has become Imhotep. Someone get a cat to scare her away!

She's become the Parasite.  Fortunately for Clark it looks like she only absorbs powers and not a person's memories.

Oh, and Superman, why not try your plan during the day when you can count on the sun to help charge you?  You're lucky you didn't completely burn out your powers like you did last season.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

It was sad to see Lana go from a very mature response, understand Clark's perspective and recognizing why he lied, to taking it ALL out on Lois for something that shouldn't have been such a big deal. I liked Lois calling Lana out to Clark about it, but then she had to go apologize. I get Lana being upset, I get Lana needing some space, and fully support her on that. But blaming Lois for something that should have been a small aspect in this whole aftermath? That was annoying.

Jonathan, Jordan, and Natalie teaming up! Why haven't we gotten this before? Because their plot was really great. Kids being kids and hanging out together while doing superhero shit! I don't love Natalie giving her suit to Jonathan (hoping it's a one time use and then she gets it back) but I loved everything else, especially John Henry showing up at the end to cook them dinner. More of John Henry and Natalie, please! Less of the Cushings! They don't even know what to do with Kyle anymore, Sarah's plot takes away from more interesting ones, and we got Lana now cutting ties from the Kents, which means MORE screentime taken away from the Kents.

So, despite the pendant being destroyed, it seems like Ally may still have a way to merge people with her God-like powers....as soon as she drains people, I guess?

  • Love 7
Link to comment
(edited)
13 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

It was sad to see Lana go from a very mature response, understand Clark's perspective and recognizing why he lied, to taking it ALL out on Lois for something that shouldn't have been such a big deal. I liked Lois calling Lana out to Clark about it, but then she had to go apologize. I get Lana being upset, I get Lana needing some space, and fully support her on that. But blaming Lois for something that should have been a small aspect in this whole aftermath? That was annoying.

PREACH! When she lashed out at Lois, I SWEAR, I got vibes and vicious hives of Smallville's Lana-always pissy because Clark or anyone else wouldn't tell her the "truth" about Clark. It doesn't help that I just finished 90% of watching that series, and seriously needed a palate cleanser. And I was hoping this show would do it, even if the colors are septia-tinted and not as bright.

Because seriously? Expecting Lois to tell her Clark's secret? Lois is right: it wasn't HER secret to share. And because she didn't, their whole friendship is now built on lies? 

Thank goodness for Edge, who gave me some really amusing moments.

Ally comes off as a hybrid of Parasite and Darkseid. The latter with all the "I'm a GOD" nonsense.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
Link to comment

I have read that Dolly Parton remains anonymous by not wearing her blond wigs and stage makeup and dressing her age when she goes out. She probably doesn't live in downtown LA, either.

Lana is clearly mad at Clark. I'd venture, too, that she isn't mad because he lied to her--she's mad because she was cut out of a huge part of his life. It is less creepy than John Wayne Gacy's wife discovering he was a serial killer, Well, a lot less creepy, but still what she didn't know about him was huge. It has to be the same general sense of loss and betrayal, minus the disgust and horror. It is hard to think of real life examples. Finding out your dad was 'a spy in the war/?'--not the same.

I would rather Natalie wear her own suit, but she's made several comments indicating some reluctance about the family business. I liked the three of them together.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I thought Lana's reaction was realistic, but I'm not sure if I agree with her decision to cut ties between the families.  How is she going to explain that to Sarah?  "Don't talk to the boys at school anymore, we are no longer friends." I think she rather should have given Clark a choice as to whether he wanted her to tell Sarah and Kyle.  I would think those two could keep a secret.  And Sarah would be happy knowing that this explains Jordan's odd behaviour.

Jordan was beyond annoying with his "did she tell Sarah, what did Sarah say?"  Dude.  It's not about YOU.

I don't know if I fully follow what's going on with the pendant.  The pendant was required to merge people, but now Ally has absorbed Bizarro Tal and somehow that is going to give her the power to do so herself?  I'm really tired of Ally and her stupid helmet hair.  She had better die by season's end.

  • Love 6
Link to comment

Interesting episode. I love when Clark and Morgan work together. 
 

I wonder if Lana is upset about the life she could have had with Clark/Superman. She loves her daughters, but maybe thinks about what could have been if she waited just a bit longer for Clark or if he had not left Smallville. 

  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

Interesting episode. I love when Clark and Morgan work together. 
 

I wonder if Lana is upset about the life she could have had with Clark/Superman. She loves her daughters, but maybe thinks about what could have been if she waited just a bit longer for Clark or if he had not left Smallville. 

I wondered that too. Some underlying anger/resentment that she didn’t marry Clark and become Mrs. Superman.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I wondered that too. Some underlying anger/resentment that she didn’t marry Clark and become Mrs. Superman.

I hope not. Maybe a passing thought. But I don’t think it is necessary. One of the nice things about Lana is that she seems pretty solidly accepting of her choices and able to move on. 

  • Love 5
Link to comment

My read is that Lana is more upset because her first love didn't love her enough to tell her the truth about himself like he did his current love, Lois. Kind of understandable, but hopefully she gets over it when she realizes that she wouldn't have the things in her life that she has now if things had gone any differently.

I'm just glad that the writers didn't pull the rug out from under us and have Lana experience all these feelings only to reveal that it was... dun dun DUNNN! Bizarro Lana all along! (I swear I thought they were going to do that.)

Sarah and her singing definitely reminded me of early CW days when they tried to combine musical acts with tv shows to get the multimedia experience. (I mean, I still love How do you talk to an angel? and not just because I was once told I looked like Jamie Walters, but we don't really need any more of The Heights on network tv*).

*Reminds me of when I once signed up at Central Casting and met a guy trying to recruit me and a couple of other guys who played instruments to start a side band to make us even more marketable. Oh, the days of youth.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Not surprised that Lana being told the truth would end up being a bumpy ride.  I understand her frustrations about everything and I think a lot of it is valid, but I did think she was way too harsh over putting almost more blame on Lois than Clark.  Lois pretty much nailed all of it when she said that it wasn't her secret to tell, and it would have been a huge violation of her husband's trust to have told Lana that without his permission: even if they were close friends.  I hope Lana will come to understand that more going forward, but it kind of sucks that Lana thought Lois should have betrayed her husband's trust like that in order to solidify a friendship that, by all accounts, was still relatively new and growing.

As for wanting to put a pause on any kind of friendship for now, I can understand why but I wonder how Lana plans to keep that act going.  At the very least, Sarah would probably find it suspicious if there is sudden coldness between her mother and the Kents.  And does it extend to the kids?  Will Lana suddenly not want Sarah to have any kind of interaction with Jordan and Jonathan?

Well, I guess that's one way to scare the bullies off: go full-blown "We're all going to die!" nihilism on them!  Would have been funnier if it wasn't coming from an actual place.  Poor Jonathan really needs a break from all of this.  At least the quest with him, Jordan, and Natalie allowed for some fun: even though that's probably not the best way to endear yourself to the school you just got let back into.

Tal using the first opportunity to bail wasn't a shocker, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a potential ally still going forward instead of another threat.  He seemed sincere (at least for him) about wanting to make amends with Clark and Lois.  But I guess he's got something up his sleeve until then.  Maybe he's off to watch The Fault in Our Stars film so he can compare to the book, due to being so familiar with it now!

They got me with the Kyle twist: thinking he was going to rekindle the flames with his ex (due to jealously over Lana possibly moving on), only for it to be him getting Sarah a shot to perform live.  And you totally know he googled "current famous singers" so he could know who Olivia Rodrigo and Billie Eillish were.  Aww!

The pendant is now destroyed at least, but Ally is already working another angle, which currently involves draining Bizarro Tal of his powers and killing him.  Uh oh!

  • Love 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

As for wanting to put a pause on any kind of friendship for now, I can understand why but I wonder how Lana plans to keep that act going.  At the very least, Sarah would probably find it suspicious if there is sudden coldness between her mother and the Kents.  And does it extend to the kids?  Will Lana suddenly not want Sarah to have any kind of interaction with Jordan and Jonathan?

Especially since Lana now also knows that Jordan has developing powers. How is she going to explain to Sarah why Jordan and Jonathan are suddenly off-limits without telling her the whole truth?

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Lois: “Guess who Lana hates more than you!?”

Clark: “uhhh… Kyle?”

Clarks delivery made me lol. 
 

Lanas anger is clearly misdirected but as she said Clark has the weight of the world on his shoulders so Lois is the easier target. I think there could be a little jealousy too. If Clarke left right after she told him and they never amicably ended the relationship I could definetly see residual feelings on Lanas side. 
 

I genuinely don’t care about anything Sara related. Making her and Jordan romantic was such an error, it’s reduced her role to love interest and when her and Jordan are on the outs there’s nothing for her to do other than musical plots with Kyle.

  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
Link to comment

Tal just showing up at the Kent farm with his bouquet of flowers cracked me up, almost as much as Clark's response to Lois stomping in asking him who Lana hates more than him. "...Kyle?" And still being upset about Tal messing up her article, which is the worst of all his crimes. "I told you she's mention it." Tal and Clark are actually really good together, and while he did run off as soon as he could, I do think he meant it when he said he doesn't want to hurt the Kents anymore and he does want to make things right with them. 

Hopefully Tal can find a copy of the film version of The Fault in Our Stars, I would love to hear his take.

Lana being mad at Lois instead of Clark comes off as irrational, but I do think I get it. Clark is her longtime friend and while she really likes Lois its easier to be mad at her than at someone she has such a long history with. Hopefully she can come to realize that Lois had just as good a reason to keep this a secret as Clark, she's right that its not her secret to tell.  can get why she is upset and why she wants to take some time apart from the Kent's, but hopefully its not for too long. Is she going to tell Sara to pause talking to the boys for awhile because she's upset with Clark and Lois but only for awhile? 

I loved Natalie, Jonathan, and Jordan getting into teen hijinks, hanging out, messing around, breaking out Natalie's new super suite for a joyride, then John Henry showing up to make dinner while the kids giggle at getting one over on the adults. I really need to see more of them all together, its so much better than watching the twins in angsty teen romances. 

Why does every show I watch need to have at least one teenage girl singing angsty songs with her acoustic guitar who the show insists is the second coming of Melissa Ethridge? 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 6/1/2022 at 2:09 AM, dwmarch said:

I liked this, it was a realistic reaction. She's upset but not really sure where to direct it so she ends up giving it to Lois.

Probably feels safer not directing your anger at someone who could fling you into the sun.

  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Lana being mad at Lois instead of Clark comes off as irrational, but I do think I get it. Clark is her longtime friend and while she really likes Lois its easier to be mad at her than at someone she has such a long history with. Hopefully she can come to realize that Lois had just as good a reason to keep this a secret as Clark, she's right that its not her secret to tell.  can get why she is upset and why she wants to take some time apart from the Kent's, but hopefully its not for too long.

Eh. Maybe it's because not enough time has gone by since I just rewatched Smallville, and I haven't shrugged off the residual rage (WHY do I do this to myself?), so I can't, or maybe I refuse to understand Lana's anger toward Lois and the decision to "take a break" (oh Boy, 🙄) and she ends up lying to Sarah anyway about the "big deal" and made up something about an internship.

She has a right to be angry with Clark--because their relationship on this show was different; stay angry with him. Tell him you can't be around him right now. But this whole transference of anger toward Lois? Nope. Uh-uh.

Is there an Unpopular thread? Because I feel I'm the only one who's still side-eyeing Lana's misplaced anger toward Lois.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Especially since Lana now also knows that Jordan has developing powers. How is she going to explain to Sarah why Jordan and Jonathan are suddenly off-limits without telling her the whole truth?

I don't think she is going to make the Kents off limits to Sarah, she just wants to maintain some distance. Why would she tell Sarah Jonathan and Jordan are off limits? For one thing, that is how you get teenage Sarah to start hanging out with them more.

I'm guessing Ally will intervene to make it unnecessary.

If Sarah writes songs and sings them I'm okay with the show giving her a chance to showcase her talents, especially since it gives her a bit of a story with her father. Didn't she have the music storyline with Jordan earlier? So being musical has always been one of her characters things.

At least, it isn't annoying me yet.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Eh. Maybe it's because not enough time has gone by since I just rewatched Smallville, and I haven't shrugged off the residual rage (WHY do I do this to myself?), so I can't, or maybe I refuse to understand Lana's anger toward Lois and the decision to "take a break" (oh Boy, 🙄) and she ends up lying to Sarah anyway about the "big deal" and made up something about an internship.

She has a right to be angry with Clark--because their relationship on this show was different; stay angry with him. Tell him you can't be around him right now. But this whole transference of anger toward Lois? Nope. Uh-uh.

Is there an Unpopular thread? Because I feel I'm the only one who's still side-eyeing Lana's misplaced anger toward Lois.

If it helps, real people have flaws and don't react perfectly all the time, so good for the writers to let the female characters get angry and upset and even lash out a little. I get this is an expression of her feeling betrayed. she thought she was close to both Clark and Lois and then she finds out ... well, that huge secrets were being kept.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

15 minutes ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

You know, it's too bad that Bizarro and Tal-Rho were Clark's only options for someone to help him destroy the pendant. No cousin on Earth or aunt and uncle in Argo, no sir.

Or a younger son with same powerset (okay, maybe isn't strong enough?). Or the Superfriends, etc., etc.

(Side note: Just noticed all the new options for fun reactions we have in the forums now!!! 🤯)

  • LOL 2
Link to comment

While I agree it’s weird he wouldn’t contact his cousin I don’t mind. The last season of Supergirl was so awful and phoned in that I’d be happy to never see or hear about any of them again.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Most senseless, irrational, yet utterly predictable development- Lana is mad at Lois🙄

Unfortunately, I do get a slight vibe of "well, I thought I just missed out on a relationship w/ Clark Kent, which I can handle. But now I just learned I could have had one w/ Superman, which  holy crap!"

I'm so done w/ the "everyone blames Jon" nonsense.

Seriously, now Timmy.🙄

1-I refuse to believe him getting sick wasn't the catalyst for the season's forfeits/canceling. And it's clearly acknowledged his teammates knew he was using it.

2-He was buying XK, he knows Jon wasn't the one selling it.

Unless he is going to go w/ the idea that Jon was the mastermind who gave Candace the XK w/ instructions to sell it to his competition for the starting job and not, idk, his linemen or receivers.🙄

  • Applause 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

You know, it's too bad that Bizarro and Tal-Rho were Clark's only options for someone to help him destroy the pendant. No cousin on Earth or aunt and uncle in Argo, no sir.

That's crazy talk.  It would be like expecting his cousin, or their shapeshifting Martian friend, or even Barry to have helped out during the month he was MIA. 

  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Lanas anger is clearly misdirected but as she said Clark has the weight of the world on his shoulders so Lois is the easier target. I think there could be a little jealousy too. If Clarke left right after she told him and they never amicably ended the relationship I could definetly see residual feelings on Lanas side. 
 

I genuinely don’t care about anything Sara related. Making her and Jordan romantic was such an error, it’s reduced her role to love interest and when her and Jordan are on the outs there’s nothing for her to do other than musical plots with Kyle.

19 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Tal just showing up at the Kent farm with his bouquet of flowers cracked me up, almost as much as Clark's response to Lois stomping in asking him who Lana hates more than him. "...Kyle?" And still being upset about Tal messing up her article, which is the worst of all his crimes. "I told you she's mention it." Tal and Clark are actually really good together, and while he did run off as soon as he could, I do think he meant it when he said he doesn't want to hurt the Kents anymore and he does want to make things right with them. 

Lana being mad at Lois instead of Clark comes off as irrational, but I do think I get it. Clark is her longtime friend and while she really likes Lois its easier to be mad at her than at someone she has such a long history with. Hopefully she can come to realize that Lois had just as good a reason to keep this a secret as Clark, she's right that its not her secret to tell.  can get why she is upset and why she wants to take some time apart from the Kent's, but hopefully its not for too long. Is she going to tell Sara to pause talking to the boys for awhile because she's upset with Clark and Lois but only for awhile? 

I loved Natalie, Jonathan, and Jordan getting into teen hijinks, hanging out, messing around, breaking out Natalie's new super suite for a joyride, then John Henry showing up to make dinner while the kids giggle at getting one over on the adults. I really need to see more of them all together, its so much better than watching the twins in angsty teen romances.  

All the above times 100!

  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
Link to comment

5 hours ago, moonshine71 said:

Unless he is going to go w/ the idea that Jon was the mastermind who gave Candace the XK w/ instructions to sell it to his competition for the starting job and not, idk, his linemen or receivers.🙄

The problem as far as the footballers were concerned isn't who was selling it, it's who was caught with it on him, thus exposing the fact it was being sold and getting the football season cancelled.

Link to comment
6 hours ago, moonshine71 said:

Most senseless, irrational, yet utterly predictable development- Lana is mad at Lois🙄

For a character on a CW show, Lana was shockingly thoughtful about what it must have been like for Clark. So I pretty much knew it was going to be followed by something breathtakingly irrational.

  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5
Link to comment

Meant to post earlier. Good episode.

On 6/1/2022 at 8:31 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Jonathan, Jordan, and Natalie teaming up! Why haven't we gotten this before? Because their plot was really great. Kids being kids and hanging out together while doing superhero shit!

Cut to the kids of Naomi making "WHAT THE FUCK?!?"-like sounds and arm gestures. But yeah, watching the Kent twins team with their kinda/sorta sister was fun. I'm really hoping one of the boys doesn't get attracted to Natalie. That's a whole different kind of "Bizarro" right there.

On 5/31/2022 at 9:30 PM, cambridgeguy said:

Jon probably wishes he could do online schooling indefinitely though.  Sucks to be the pariah.

It's Smallville. Something with happen that will almost destroy the town and most of Kansas. The high school football season will be canceled, and no one will give a shit about Jonathan's action. I'm still betting that his girl gets killed, though.

On 6/1/2022 at 9:36 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

PREACH! When she lashed out at Lois, I SWEAR, I got vibes and vicious hives of Smallville's Lana-always pissy because Clark or anyone else wouldn't tell her the "truth" about Clark. It doesn't help that I just finished 90% of watching that series, and seriously needed a palate cleanser. And I was hoping this show would do it, even if the colors are septia-tinted and not as bright.

Why go back to Smallville at all? Like I've said, it should have stopped at five seasons.

I'm okay with this Lana. I'm also wondering if she would've had the same reaction to Clark's coming out if she wasn't separated from Kyle. Think about it . . . "You're Superman, you liked me so much . . . and I wound up with Kyle." Or maybe I'm too cynical.

On 6/2/2022 at 10:14 PM, Noneofyourbusiness said:

You know, it's too bad that Bizarro and Tal-Rho were Clark's only options for someone to help him destroy the pendant. No cousin on Earth or aunt and uncle in Argo, no sir.

Uh Uh Uh. We don't talk about Kara . . .

  • LOL 1
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Cut to the kids of Naomi making "WHAT THE FUCK?!?"-like sounds and arm gestures. But yeah, watching the Kent twins team with their kinda/sorta sister was fun. I'm really hoping one of the boys doesn't get attracted to Natalie. That's a whole different kind of "Bizarro" right there.

I'm not sure what the first sentence is implying about the Naomi kids.

Pretty sure they won't go the incest route. Even if their moms weren't the same person, they had the same DNA. A genetic test would say Natalie and the boys were half-siblings. We're safe.

15 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

t's Smallville. Something with happen that will almost destroy the town and most of Kansas. The high school football season will be canceled, and no one will give a shit about Jonathan's action.

It was already cancelled. The next season won't start until late August/early September.

Link to comment
  • 8 months later...
(edited)

Tal-Rho is giving off heavy Loki vibes but I don't mind.   Some levity is certainly welcome as long as the writers use it judiciously, and so far they have (if they bring in Mr. Mxyzptlk, then all deals may be off).

I don't respect Lana's pissiness.   I don't know what it is about people.   At long last you find the strength and security to tell a loved one the secret you've lived with all your life, and then they get angry because you didn't tell them sooner, as if they had a constitutional right to be informed from day one.   All the good times, all the love and laughter you shared, all the support you gave them over the years is suddenly eclipsed by "but you didn't tell me your secret."   Worse, they accuse you of lying to them.

Holding back your truth because the consequences could prove devastating to your life and relationships isn't lying.   It's survival.   Why must Lana and everyone else be so fucking selfish?   All she can think of is how it affects her -- Oh, no, I lied to Kyle, who was screwing a barmaid behind my back.   She hasn't begun to comprehend the anguish Clark has suffered over the years, or the sacrifices he's had to make.  This guy has been saving the world for almost 20 years but she wants him out of her life for awhile because she needs to "process."   Her campaign should have been "Lana for Mayor -- She puts the 'small' in Smallville."

I came to this show with a strong bias because it's part of the Arrowverse, which, for the most part, I condemn.  But this is sizing up to be a good, solid show with strong performances from most of the cast.  Tyler Hoechlin is probably the best Superman/Clark I'll see in my lifetime.   I think the Kent boys are doing a great job, too, Jordan in particular.

Edited by millennium
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...