Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: Out of Hiding

• Start Topic

Maggie receives some much-needed support from an unexpected source, Katherine grapples with her history with Shanice and her future with Greta, Rome faces off with his childhood bully, and Sophie uncovers new information about Kai’s relationship with Peter.

Original airdate 5/11/22

• Useful 1

"Katherine grapples with her history with Shanice"

What history? They hung out a bit, and kissed what, once? and then Shanice left for a job. They're acting like they had some torrid secret affair.

• Love 11

"Greta made [Theo] a 'hazcat' suit"? 🙄

Gina's making breakfast for Tyrell and his girlfriend? Does she spend the night? Do Gina and Rome just let him do whatever the hell he wants?

"I don't know what to tell Theo...it's not fair to make him ride another roller coaster." Maybe you should have thought about that before you let your girlfriend of five minutes move in.

Maggie's mom is even more annoying than Maggie is.

Of course Madison/Maddox's dad was one of Rome's bullies. (I'll admit I did not expect the apology.)

Loved Anna Stonewall. 

"Did Peter hurt you, too?" Did you think she showed up to your meeting just for fun?

I knew Rome's little chat with the parents would not end well.

Hmmm....the plot thickens. Or they're predictable and Anna did it.

• Love 11
(edited)

Thoughts--

First, hmmm.... the show still hasn't given up on Anna might be Peter's murderer, have they?

OF COURSE Maddox's father is Rome's bully. Things can't even be 6 degrees of separation for this show. No--it has to be one degree of separation. Maddox's father could have happened to have moved to Boston in the last 20 years. No, has to be Rome's bully.

Good freakin' grief.

And, Rome met some of his best friends in college? Who are these phantom people?

Shockingly, I didn't hate Maggie's storyline. Maybe because Gary was sidelined with food poisoning, and I hate to tell the writers/producers, but from day one, Maggie and Gary are better apart. I liked the hospital scene with her mother. But what doctor talks like that? I also about threw up along with Gary! 

And I echo--what history with Shanice? Although I do see Greta's point about Katherine being single for only 10 minutes. Katherine's sexuality could be a reaction of her problems with Eddie, a midlife crisis, stress from being Theo's mother--which is why I haven't liked this storyline since they introduced it. Katherine really kind of needs to be single for a little bit to really figure out what she wants in a partner. And she's also jealous of Greta's ex-wife--well, there is a history there, just like there's a history that Katherine has with Eddie--and they're friends. So, while I don't agree with the "Oh my gosh! History with Shanice! I'm out of here!" I do agree that maybe Katherine needs to be single.

You know, it cracks me up with movies and TV shows, and this happened in Sophie's plot--

People can just drop by where you're working, and you can have this long, drawn-out conversation with them. Especially if you work in customer service. No manager yelling at you to get back to work. No customers wanting to you take their order because they're in a hurry. No one spilling anything. Even now, where I'm not working as a barista or actually in my case at McDonalds, but I still work in customer service, and I get yelled if I spend too long away from the phones. Not in movie or TV land! You can just sit down with whoever and give them all the time in the world while you're on the clock. Never fails to amuse me.

Don't care anything about Tyrell not going to Yale. 

And not a lot to say about Eddie's plot either, but I found it the most realistic.

Edited by historylover820
Thought of something
  • Love 10
(edited)

Katherine moved too fast with Greta and of course it blows up.  She needs to really think things through instead of just reacting.  It's like she could be lured away too easily.  I really don't care for Greta though.  The "hazcat" is sick-makingly cute.  And of course Baby Theo has attached himself like a limpet to Greta.

Talk about moving too fast!  Why oh why is Eddie talking about forever kinds of things to Anna.  I am ready for the entire Peter story line to end and if it takes Anna with it, fine.

Rome was so stupid to talk to Maddox's parents.  Why would they listen to a teacher they just met?

I'm pretty much uninterested in Tyrell.  He has an unbelievably entitled attitude for someone with his background.  Rome and Gina let him get away with anything/everything. If he wants to throw away his opportunity to Yale., I really don't care.

Maggie's mother kicks up the annoyance factor enough to make Maggie bearable by comparison.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 12
(edited)

Of course Tyrell doesn’t want to attend Yale. Kids on this show tend to squander opportunities to attend prestigious schools.  But, I don’t care. I have zero interest in him, his girlfriend, or her mother.  

Rome should have been a little more cautious about the Maddox issue.  He had to know the parents would not receive him pushing the matter on them. Even if he’s right, his approach was not likely to work with the parents.  He should have checked for school policy.  They should have one that’s been reviewed by their attorney for approval.  I’m beginning to see why Gina and Roman have employment issues.  They seem to struggle in the workplace and dealing with others.  

Didn’t Gina previously tell her friend to lie about something to her parole officer and she would cover for her?   I bet that’s works out well.  

Where was Theo when Katherine was going with Denise to the airport?  Eddie was out of town….where was Theo going to stay, if Katherine had gone to Florida?

That whole storyline with Katherine is just awkward.  The actress seems uncomfortable saying the lines it’s such nonsense.  

Why did they make Maggie’s mom so annoying?  Maggie is too.  Ugh……

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10
(edited)

No surprise that Maddox’ father was Rome’s bully; the coincidences on this show are astounding.  While I get that Rome was being supportive of Maddox, I thought he was a condescending jerk to the parents.  His entire attitude was dismissive and lacked empathy,   He  seemed to think that  because he’d watched a 5 minute video of the kid discussing their sexuality, he knew them better than their parents and was qualified to lecture them.

Nothing Rome said to them was helpful, IMO. He just told them they were wrong about their child.  A little acknowledgment of their feelings and attempt to understand their concerns could’ve gone a long way towards helping them accept this aspect of their child.  Offering them resources for information and support for parents of transgender teens would’ve also been appropriate.

Even though I agree with Rome that Maddox is most likely trans and it isn’t just a phase; if I’d been the parent who was treated so dismissively by a teacher, I’d have probably gone to the principal to complain about it, too,

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 16

Yeah, I'm with Maddox's parents--not about them dealing with "the Maddox problem," but being angry enough to pull their financial support from the school if Rome isn't fired. First, Rome should not have talked to the parents about that. That's not his place. He shouldn't be lecturing them that this isn't a phase. I agree that once Maddox asked for Rome to say something to his parents, Rome should have looked at school policy or talked to the principal or guidance counselor about how to handle it. Should he address it? Should he not address it? And gotten how it should legally be done.

Of course, Rome won't be fired. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Rome should have been a little more cautious about the Maddox issue.  He had to know the parents would not receive him pushing the matter on them. Even if he’s right, his approach was not likely to work with the parents.  He should have checked for school policy.  They should have one that’s been reviewed by their attorney for approval.  I’m beginning to see why Gina and Roman have employment issues.  They seem to struggle in the workplace and dealing with others.  

It's like, does this guy even have the SLIGHTEST bit of training to actually be able to even HAVE these kinds of important conversations? Why in the fuck would you ever think that this fucking SUB who never took an education class in his life would be the one to handle something like this? I mean, whatever, Maddox is a teen and they sometimes make bad decisions when someone actually reaches out to them, so it's fair enough that Maddox would think that this was a good idea, but Rome HAS to be able to realize that it is not. When he didn't know what to do last episode, he contacted Maggie, a professional, but this episode, he decided to just fucking WING IT? It's atrocious behavior by him and he almost certainly just made Maddox's life even harder by his piss-poor attempt at handling it. Argh, it made me so mad. 

• Love 18
(edited)

Kathryn interpreted Greta’s words that it wasn’t a good time to discuss things as if she wasn’t interested in discussing things.  The timing was bad. She acted like she said go away forever.   Katherine acted so childish.  These writers must really not like her. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

Katherine allowing Theo to get so attached to Greta so quickly is such a bad decision. Now she has to explain to Theo why Greta may not be sticking around. It's such a shame they've taken this route with Katherine. Plus, don't move in your new girlfriend and let her interact with your child that much!

Yeah, not sure why Rome had to go on the offensive like that with Maddox's parents. I get he feels hurt from seeing his bully, but that's probably why he should have told Maddox that he couldn't, or gotten a neutral third party at the school involved. Obviously, Maddox's parents are wrong about their son and they need to be more accepting. But the way Rome approached it was way on the offensive and more about Rome's history with Maddox's dad. I think threatening to pull their funding over Rome is ridiculous (but I guess wealthy folks who throw money at their child's school can do this kind of thing and get away with it) but I didn't blame them for being upset at Rome's approach.

Rome is also no expert in transgender issues, so he really needed to consult with someone on how to handle this. 

Ok, fine, Tyrell's girlfriend sucks. Tyrell sucks for lying to Regina and deciding that not going to Yale, probably because of said girlfriend, is going to be a smart idea for him. I know teenagers make stupid ass decisions, but this seems to happen a lot on TV, when teens get into a prestige school that's hard to get into, and then they decide to not go because of stupid reasons. 

Ok, so I thought Anna killing Peter was going to be a red herring but we haven't touched much on that aspect until now, so I think that it's not a red herring, after all. Well, if that's the case, poor Eddie. Even in his best season where he has done nothing wrong, he can't catch a break.

Maggie's mom is insufferable, but I didn't mind the storyline with Maggie's IVF. I still believe this has all been moving at superspeed and of course this one embryo is going to be successful (until next season, if the show gets renewed, where she could miscarry) but it's not as bad as I thought. I also laughed at Gary mentioning that he took off work, as if he ever goes to work in the first place.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Rome made a big mistake coming in so hot with Maddox's parents, that whole scene was hard to watch, he handled that really poorly. Maddox asking him to talk to his parents is fine, but Rome should have immediately talked to the principle to see what the schools policies are about these types of situations, then a counselor who could sit in with them, he could have at least provided some resources for parents of trans kids, instead he came in looking for a fight and to give a condescending lecture on how much he knows their kid better than they do based on a few classes and one video project. The parents are clearly not handling this well, but Rome should have talked to them about what being trans means, listened to their thoughts, showed empathy for how this situation can be confusing for parents, or, you know, not been the one to talk to them about this is the first place. Of course the dad is Rome's old high school bully, because its this show and the Seattle area is an extremely small place where the same dozen or so people are always bumping into each other. That should have been another obvious reason why Rome should not have been handling this very sensitive situation, no way could he be objective with that guy. This is clearly not a phase and the parents should be focused on their son and not his teacher who pissed them off, but I cant really blame them for going to the principle to complain. No way should Rome have handled this, especially the way that he did, he probably just made the situation worse.

Tyrell has always had a smug entitled attitude and has a history of lying to Rome and Regina, so I am not surprised that he lied about going to the Yale mixer or that he's secretly planning not to go to Yale, or that he never even apologized to Regina for lying to her. His girlfriend was also a real brat to Regina, and I am sure that him not going to Yale was her bright idea, she probably wants them to travel around the world documenting things or has convinced him that college is stupid, because teens on TV are always taking these amazing opportunities that most kids would kill for and throwing them away for stupid reasons.

Katherine moving too fast with Greta is, of course, already blowing up in her face. I don't think that either of them handled this very well, Katherine has basically become a flaky pod person ever since she got with Greta, but I do think that Greta made a decent point about Katherine never having been single, its been obvious from the start that they have moved too fast. Now Katherine's preteen baby Theo will be upset because he latched onto Greta, because obviously he was going to latch onto her, and its going to be a whole mess. Also, what is this "history" that she has with Shanice? They hung out a few times and had an awkward kiss.

Maggie's stuff was fine, and that's about the best you can hope for in a Maggie plot.

I thought that Anna killing Peter was just a red herring, but now its looking like she might have actually done it. Poor Eddie.

• Love 7

I wonder if someone will eventually admit they argued with Peter and he accidentally fell down the stairs.  They checked vitals and saw there was no need to call 911, didn’t want to get involved, so they left.  Maybe, it was Anna, the new girl OR someone else who showed up that night.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Rome went into the conversation with Maddox's parents with entirely the wrong energy. He was more interested in putting them in their place than being supportive of Maddox and Maddox will be the one who pays for it. Ugh, these codependent weirdos just keep inserting themselves into other people's lives and suddenly decide that they are social workers. Sophie did the same thing by pushing up on Peter's girlfriend/victim.

Katherine is a mess. She shouldn't be in a relationship with anyone at this point. She should be in therapy.

I like the swerve of Anna being at Peter's that night. I'm genuinely intrigued.

I also liked the acknowledgement of the kind of discrimination that a person using a wheelchair faces. Eddie and Anna handled it really well.

ETA: I really enjoyed seeing the return of Carter (Katherine's gay colleague). I find him delightful.

Edited by marceline
Carter makes Katherine better.
  • Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, marceline said:

Rome went into the conversation with Maddox's parents with entirely the wrong energy. He was more interested in putting them in their place than being supportive of Maddox and Maddox will be the one who pays for it. Ugh, these codependent weirdos just keep inserting themselves into other people's lives and suddenly decide that they are social workers. Sophie did the same thing by pushing up on Peter's girlfriend/victim.

Katherine is a mess. She shouldn't be in a relationship with anyone at this point. She should be in therapy.

I like the swerve of Anna being at Peter's that night. I'm genuinely intrigued.

I also liked the acknowledgement of the kind of discrimination that a person using a wheelchair faces. Eddie and Anna handled it really well.

Good point about Rome's approach with Maddox's parents.  It was really less about Maddox and more about Rome's ego and wanting to stick it to his former bully.

Yes, Katherine is a mess.  She's acting more like an adolescent, not a woman in her late thirties or forties. She's dealing with a big issue of her sexual orientation but she appears to do no thinking about things, merely reacting to each person and situation.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 6

I'm confused about the timeliness with Peter. I thought Eddie and Anna were together the night before he died (after the restaurant), but that the next morning was when he "fell." That's when Eddie was at the conference and Anna has no alibi. How did Anna slip out during the night?

Rome handled the conversation with the parents all wrong. I think he just wanted to put his old bully in his place. Poor Maddox.

Wasn't Yale Tyrell's top choice? Why is he letting this new girlfriend influence him? Also, the girlfriend is annoying for her comment about not eating eggs because they have a heartbeat. First, they don't. Second, if you are vegan, just say you are vegan. Don't be obnoxious to the person cooking for you. I'm a vegetarian and I thought she was obnoxious.

Katherine is not handling things well. And also, she finds Greta more appealing than Sharice?

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I'm confused about the timeliness with Peter. I thought Eddie and Anna were together the night before he died (after the restaurant), but that the next morning was when he "fell." That's when Eddie was at the conference and Anna has no alibi. How did Anna slip out during the night?

No, Eddie dropped Anna off and left. She wanted time alone, I believe. So Eddie never spent the night with her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Wasn't Yale Tyrell's top choice? Why is he letting this new girlfriend influence him? Also, the girlfriend is annoying for her comment about not eating eggs because they have a heartbeat. First, they don't. Second, if you are vegan, just say you are vegan. Don't be obnoxious to the person cooking for you. I'm a vegetarian and I thought she was obnoxious.

I'm not vegan or vegetarian but I hate when TV shows insist on portraying stereotypes like this. I have a friend who is vegan (the only meat in his house was the cat food (the cat is no longer with us)) and you most likely wouldn't know it unless you had a meal with him. He also didn't care when I routinely brought a Starbucks hot chocolate to game night at his place...

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I'm not vegan or vegetarian but I hate when TV shows insist on portraying stereotypes like this. I have a friend who is vegan (the only meat in his house was the cat food (the cat is no longer with us)) and you most likely wouldn't know it unless you had a meal with him. He also didn't care when I routinely brought a Starbucks hot chocolate to game night at his place...

I hate it that every vegan or vegetarian on TV is obnoxious about it.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Suzn said:

If you belong to any Facebook cooking groups, people are always asking what to cook for family parties because so and so is a vegan and someone else is a vegetarian.   IRL, the vegans and vegetarians I know always say don't worry I can always find something to eat.  And if not,  they eat a pb&j or whatever when they get home.   They don't expect their hosts to be short order cooks or provide multiple main courses.

• Love 9
(edited)

I don’t believe Anna killed Peter. I want Eddie to finally be happy, he deserves that. For now, am assuming the writers have used a Lifetime’s movie playbook. So there’ll be a plot twist in the finale! 😆

Katherine is such a mess. If Eddie is the one who lives with his new gf too soon, Katherine will make a big deal out of it. Just go back to Alan, he is a gem, no drama whatsoever.

I want Rome to be fired from his teaching job because he doesn’t belong there, professionally and emotionally. This arc has totally ruined Rome’s character.

Tyrell and Vali are match made in heaven - a douche and a bitch, both ungrateful and think they know better. Can both be dead in the season finale?

I love Patricia Bloom. She’s the only one who can make Maggie’s life miserable and can get under her skin!

Did Katherine tell Theo that Greta is at the Grand Canyon? 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, marceline said:

Katherine is a mess. She shouldn't be in a relationship with anyone at this point. She should be in therapy

Why would Katherine pay money for a real therapist when Maggie’s talk show  is right there?  It was good enough for Rome and that worked out perfectly.

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Tyrell and Vali are match made in heaven - a douche and a bitch, both ungrateful and think they know better. Can both be dead in the season finale?

Don't hold back so much,  tell us how you really feel😂

Do we know yet if this is the season finale or series finale?   I am ready for this train wreck to be over. 

1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

• LOL 7
(edited)
48 minutes ago, mansonlamps said:

Do we know yet if this is the season finale or series finale?   I am ready for this train wreck to be over. 

I just googled and one thing said as of May 12 it has neither been renewed nor cancelled.

Another page (which kinda reads like it was compiled by a bot) said "It has received 7.9 out of 10 on IMDb. The series A Million Little Things is full of comedy, drama, and romance." Okay.

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 2
19 hours ago, historylover820 said:

I think he will. Or more accurately, he'll be fired and the students will do a protest and Maddox's family will change their mind or Maddox will move in with Rome and Regina and they will be one big happy extended family. Rome will quit and move on to his next quest.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

No, Eddie dropped Anna off and left. She wanted time alone, I believe. So Eddie never spent the night with her.

Thanks. But the cops seemed pretty sure Peter was killed the next day (that w a s when he asked Gary for his alibi too). So either the cop sucks at his job or Anna didn't kill him.

1 hour ago, marceline said:

I think he will. Or more accurately, he'll be fired and the students will do a protest and Maddox's family will change their mind or Maddox will move in with Rome and Regina and they will be one big happy extended family. Rome will quit and move on to his next quest.

In today's atmosphere, I would be shocked if Rome was fired, but I guess it's possible depending on how significant the parents contribution is.  Obviously none of this makes any sense,  but here we are🤷‍♀️

58 minutes ago, mansonlamps said:

In today's atmosphere, I would be shocked if Rome was fired, but I guess it's possible depending on how significant the parents contribution is.  Obviously none of this makes any sense,  but here we are🤷‍♀️

If Rome was a tenured teacher, I would agree, but he has been teaching for 5 minutes. I'm not even sure he has a full contract.

• Love 2
(edited)

It seems that Rome is his own worst enemy.  He messed up that film contract, because he thought he was above abiding by a contract.  I think they worked it out, but I don’t recall if it left him with any money from the deal.  And, Gina keeps losing business or leaving jobs she doesn’t care for.  What are they living on to pay for that trendy condo?  

And he gets the teaching position, yet can’t help himself from ruining that one.  Are he and Gina dysfunctional?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Suzn said:

In college, a group of us were sitting in the cafeteria, eating. A girl , who none of us really liked because she WAS this kind of stereotypical vegan came and sat next to our table.

I was sitting at the end of the table, enjoying a hamburger (I'm a farm girl, and my parents butchered. I still get a side every time they butcher. Plus, I remember raising my own steers, and I knew where that would end up for them). Anyway, this girl started talking loudly that she can't believe that I'm eating a poor, defenseless animal. Don't I know that this poor animal had feelings?

I said, "How do you know that your salad doesn't feel things?" 

She goes, "Because plants don't have feelings."

I said, "Studies show that plants grow stronger and healthier when they're shown love. Mythbusters had an episode where their greenhouse grew much better when they played Mozart in it, versus the two that played heavy metal or didn't play anything. So, how do you know that salad doesn't feel? After all, they're defenseless, living things too."

She took a stab at a tomato, and I started "Oh gosh! Look at the blood! Look at the blood!"

She left.

For the record, I love vegetables, but thanks to my blood thickness issues, I can't really have leafy greens, broccoli, or anything with a lot of Vitamin K. And I definitely know the difference between mammals having a nervous system and have senses versus a plant that doesn't have senses. But, the only reason I did what I did was mocking her.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Sophie really shouldn’t have pushed Peters girlfriend victim to share her story. People need to come out with their trauma in their own time. And maybe not when they’re at work, on the clock! 

Like a commenter above, I was also wondering “who’s gonna babysit Theo and wear matching jammies?” when Katherine and Shenice were headed to Florida. Not even a comment about “I’m so happy I got so-and-so to watch Peppa Pig with Theo while we’re gone! Hope they don’t put stickers on the walls- Theo’s always doing that!” 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, mansonlamps said:

So am I and we should know on 5/13/2022 since the only networks left to cancel shows are Fox and ABC.  Hoping ABC cancels both A Million Little Things and Big Sky.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I don’t believe Anna killed Peter. I want Eddie to finally be happy, he deserves that. For now, am assuming the writers have used a Lifetime’s movie playbook. So there’ll be a plot twist in the finale! 😆

I don’t believe it either. I think Kai lied to Sophie that she saw Anna and will turn out she went in, argued with Peter and pushed him down the stairs.

12 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

She definitely was obnoxious. If she’s really against eating eggs she should at least have said she doesn’t eat animal products, which would be accurate and not holier-than-thou preachy. And she was even more obnoxious when she was talking to Regina later. I’d have wanted to tell her “Shut up and get out”.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, marceline said:
On 5/11/2022 at 11:59 PM, historylover820 said:

I think you're correct since, as another poster noted elsewhere, this group always fails up. The sad thing about that is there's almost always some collateral damage to persons outside of the central characters. Rome and Regina started out as the most stable of the series regulars, now they're basically as screwed-up as everyone besides Eddie (mostly) and Sophie (usually).

10 hours ago, dbklmt said:
15 hours ago, mansonlamps said:

So am I and we should know on 5/13/2022 since the only networks left to cancel shows are Fox and ABC.  Hoping ABC cancels both A Million Little Things and Big Sky.  

I'm conflicted here. AMLT is still far from perfect, but significantly better than last season. Some new shows take three seasons to find a groove. Most notably Star Trek:NG was mostly unwatchable in Seasons One and Two, found its Mojo in Season Three and never looked back.

Plus, I think ABC is generally committed to having at least one thirty-something oriented show on the air at all times. Based on that, my guess is this show will get one more season to either succeed or fail.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, dbklmt said:

I sincerely don't get this. Any show can be cancelled by simply not tuning in. Why wish several dozen (or more) people out of a job because you don't enjoy it any longer?  I've watched Grey's since day one, and there are more episodes I dislike than episodes I enjoy anymore - but I don't need them to stop making it on my behalf. It's my own stupid choice to keep watching, but there are series I adored that I quit watching before they were cancelled (looking at you, Castle and Scandal) because I couldn't take one more minute of them.

• Love 4

I still genuinely enjoy this show, as much as I bitch about it. And if I don't enjoy a show anymore, I stop watching. I stopped watching Supernatural after season 6 and never went back (that actually had a lot more to do with its toxic fans than it did the show itself). More recently, I stopped watching Star Trek: Discovery because I simply didn't enjoy it anymore. But I've never wished for a show's cancellation--I just simply stop watching it. No fuss, no muss.

I mean, if AMLT is cancelled, I won't be shattered. In fact, since I have to be at work before 7:00, I'll be able to go to bed earlier on Wednesday nights! But, I hope it won't be, if only because I love coming here and bitching about it with you guys!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Katherine is such a mess. If Eddie is the one who lives with his new gf too soon, Katherine will make a big deal out of it. Just go back to Alan, he is a gem, no drama whatsoever.

Alan really dodged a bullet. 

• LOL 8
11 hours ago, dbklmt said:

I gave up on Big Sky a long time ago.   My hate started when Ryan Phillipe's wife and girlfriend sang together at his funeral🙄 and then culminated in the scene where the psycho killer did the whole nursery rhyme thing while splashing his house with gas.   The beautiful scenery wasn't enough. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, historylover820 said:

I hope it won't be, if only because I love coming here and bitching about it with you guys!

I feel like this place is what keeps me watching shows longer than I might otherwise. (I gave up on New Amsterdam after about 2 episodes into season 4, then still checked out the comments for a few more episodes to see if there was anything worth going back for. There wasn't.)

• Love 4

I see that AMLT has been renewed and I have mixed feelings.  I don't hate watch but do hate a lot of the writing that is so unrealistic. There is something compelling enough to keep me coming back to see what happens next.  I expect next week to end on a cliffhanger or two and I'll come back, and they don't need the cliffhangers.

Something I wonder about - exactly what demographic is this show aimed at?  It seems that the actors are playing characters somewhat younger that their real ages. Of the main adult characters they are played by actors ranging in age from 37 (Maggie) to 54 (Rome).  Grace Park is 48  and Katherine seems to me to be played much younger than that.  Stuff I think about...

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

I see that AMLT has been renewed and I have mixed feelings.  I don't hate watch but do hate a lot of the writing that is so unrealistic. There is something compelling enough to keep me coming back to see what happens next.  I expect next week to end on a cliffhanger or two and I'll come back, and they don't need the cliffhangers.

Something I wonder about - exactly what demographic is this show aimed at?  It seems that the actors are playing characters somewhat younger that their real ages. Of the main adult characters they are played by actors ranging in age from 37 (Maggie) to 54 (Rome).  Grace Park is 48  and Katherine seems to me to be played much younger than that.  Stuff I think about...

Yeah, I was rolling eyes when they said it was Maggie's 30th birthday. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/11/2022 at 8:51 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Where was Theo when Katherine was going with Denise to the airport?  Eddie was out of town….where was Theo going to stay, if Katherine had gone to Florida?

Good question!   And why was Greta gone for a week before Katherine started wondering  "what about Theo"?    But this new lame story line of Katherine's does answer one question for me and that is why is Theo such middle school toddler?  Because his mother is a 40 something year old teenager (no offense to teenagers, except Tyrell). 

Katherine wondering if she and Greta had broken up or "just in a fight" was dumb too.  Check the closet Katherine - if her stuff is gone so is she. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4
On 5/12/2022 at 12:00 PM, KaveDweller said:

Rome handled the conversation with the parents all wrong. I think he just wanted to put his old bully in his place. Poor Maddox.

I know this is a private school (which is why an uncredentialed teacher can teach there) but in my state it's actually illegal for a public school to out a student to their family (or anyone else). 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I know this is a private school (which is why an uncredentialed teacher can teach there) but in my state it's actually illegal for a public school to out a student to their family (or anyone else). 

I have very mixed feelings about this.  It sounds good in concept, but in what universe do we pretend that every teacher in the country is 100% qualified to guide a child through gender identity or sexuality issues, especially very young children?

• Love 3
On 5/11/2022 at 11:51 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Of course Tyrell doesn’t want to attend Yale. Kids on this show tend to squander opportunities to attend prestigious schools.

Actually, those prestigious schools graduate mediocre students at a higher rate than non-prestigious schools. They are prestigious because of alumni money so their offspring get the best jobs, titles. The normal, struggling students are no better off than ay other student anywhere. It is class protecting class, it has nothing to do with education or opportunities after graduation. Engaged students that attend smaller colleges and are engaged are much more successful in their lives (not necessarily measured in money because that's not a measure of success anyway) than the ones who fight to get to an Ivy League that is only concerned about investing on those that can return the investment when they are adults. They are the oil that lubricates the machine.

Maybe the director did have a good insight though, to subtly get an all-white group of extras for the Yale gathering scene. I would totally buy that this is reflects the demo in that place

On 5/12/2022 at 10:15 PM, KaveDweller said:

If Rome was a tenured teacher, I would agree, but he has been teaching for 5 minutes. I'm not even sure he has a full contract.

The school is either private or charter, so teachers can be fired whenever the administration wants. Plus, being full of rich donors, they can pretty much demand anything or withhold donations. It is all run like a mafia

Rome should have directed Maddox to a counseling org, or to people who are used to help trans teens deal with family conflicts. Good intentions can get the kid hurt more than he is now. But Rome belongs to a crowd of do-gooders that need to feel like they are saving the world. Just be glad Gary didn't get involved in this story.

I am annoyed that Peter's death became such a big part of this show. Why should anyone care? The police work though, is very realistic. They close the case without doing the proper investigation and solve nothing. 

Did I hear Theo say that he would draw a picture and snd to Greta? A 12 year-old who draws pictures to send to people? If he was into art, I would understand, sending a unique artistic card. But the way he said felt like something you tell you toddler to do because they cannot write yet. 

Loved the not too much Gary in the episode. Like someone else observed, Gary and Maggie are better as individuals when they are apart.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

So has the show decided to just drop the whole "Anna is an alcoholic" storyline? Was her attending Sophie's group meeting supposed to be the end of that and now she's "cured."

Also, the way Vali spoke to Regina about Tyrell's decision to not attend Yale was way out of line. She was treating Regina like an overbearing mother-in-law. I would've tossed that child out of my house so fast it would rip a hole in space-time.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, circumvent said:

Actually, those prestigious schools graduate mediocre students at a higher rate than non-prestigious schools. They are prestigious because of alumni money so their offspring get the best jobs, titles. The normal, struggling students are no better off than ay other student anywhere. It is class protecting class, it has nothing to do with education or opportunities after graduation.

Prestigious schools have mediocre students, stellar students, and bad students, just like everywhere else.  At mine (not Yale), they told us at orientation the first day to look at the person sitting next to us, because only one of us would actually graduate.  All that money pays for world class professors, scientists, libraries, labs, sports, the works.  What they also have is high name recognition, so "normal, struggling" students do get a leg up they wouldn't get otherwise.  Whatever anyone thinks of prestigious schools, they are prestigious, and even a poor immigrant like me was able to use that school name to get entree into jobs I never even imagined existed, much less that I could be hired for them. 

Tyrell is throwing away an opportunity he and his mother hoped for, fought for, and took risks to get.  And for what?  A girl he's known about 5 minutes?  What is his plan now that he suddenly doesn't want to go to college?  He's going to work on a food truck or something?

Edited by izabella
  • Love 8

You don’t have to be a family law attorney to know that introducing minor children to dating partners too quickly is a no-no.  It’s often a point of contention in custody cases.  Judges see it as poor judgment on the part of the parent doing it too soon.  Sadly, many parents expose their children to anyone they date and just hope it works out. After Eddie discovered Greta was staying there, he confronted Katherine and they agreed on it, right?  Still, very risky.  

• Love 3