Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Spring Cleaning

• Start Topic

The 126 respond to emergencies when a man falls into a trash compactor and a frantic mom tries to rescue her kids in a runaway car. Tommy and Julius grow closer, as two team members disagree on keeping their romance a secret.

Airdate: 05/09/2022

4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Ugh. 
Why did they have to make him her BIL?????

Yeah, not looking forward to this storyline at all. Or the romance between the team members who I am guessing are Nancy & Matteo. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Ugh. 
Why did they have to make him her BIL?????

8 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

Yeah, not looking forward to this storyline at all. Or the romance between the team members who I am guessing are Nancy & Matteo. 

I am already cringing at these stories. All the men in the big state of Texas for Tommy to find after her husband dies, and she grows close to her brother-in-law. Think how confusing that's going to be for her girls. And Nancy & Matteo are, without a doubt, the two least developed characters on the show. And now they need to have a romantic relationship. Ugh. The explicit lack of in-house relationships is exactly why these 911 shows were such a breath of fresh air, after Chicago Fire and Station 19, who . Now, Lone Star is threatening to follow the same path as those shows.

• Love 7

Since when is the whole firehouse addicted to Settlers of Catan? I don't remember that from any of their other after work gatherings.

I actually thought the Nancy & Mateo storyline was pretty well done. Of course Mateo was being an idiot about it, but it's not as if that's a plot point that strains credulity. As for Tommy and Julius, I had a dreadful sinking feeling they were going to revisit this, so I watched the show after the fact with the fast forward button at the ready rather than viewing the live broadcast.

• Love 3

I appreciated Judd's advice on dressing up rather than down and being confident. If an interviewer treated me so poorly in front of other candidates like that, honestly that's pretty telling what the work environment is like. 

I did enjoy everyone's expectation that Owen was going to punch the abuser.

I genuinely question a police system where a woman is shrieking her terror that her husband will hurt the kids and there's no "lets call child services and just make sure" - also pretty certain they could have insisted the kids be examined at the hospital. 

I don't care about Tommy and Julius. There's been utterly no development on screen beyond "we are so hot for each other and its weird".

• Love 12

First off, I have to say how nice it was to have an Owen-lite episode. He had about five minutes of screentime, and his only big scene was him getting punched by the abusive father to get him arrested. This worked well for me, especially since it directly related to his character development from last episode. See, show? An Owen-lite episode IS good for the show! He doesn't need to be front and center or have a storyline every single time! It's what made this episode one of the better ones for me. 

They would have been better off introducing Julius as an old friend of Tommy's, not connected to Charles in any way. The reason why these two don't work is because Julius is Charles' brother, and Tommy hadn't had contact with Julius since Charles' death. It's just too weird, so if Julius is really leaving now, wasn't this story a waste of time? It would have worked fine if Julius was just some random guy Tommy was interested in, and the drama could have stemmed from dating for the first time since Charles' death.

Mateo/Nancy is such a weird pairing. Good storyline, but I feel like there's such an inbalance with them. I don't know how to describe it; it feels like they're at different maturity levels. I know Mateo has stepped up more, so I think it's more of an actor problem, but Nancy seems years ahead of Mateo in maturity. 

But the game night group stuff was a lot of fun. If we had more of that, I would enjoy the show more. I did get a chuckle out of everyone being shocked at Nancy/Mateo. None of them even jumped to "Nancy/Mateo are hooking up" and it was enjoyable to see them process that. There were some fun background shots, as well. There was a shot of Marjan/Carlos super close to each other as Nancy/Mateo are making up, and TK seemed enthusiastic about "coffee". Seriously, more of this, show. It seemed like these people were actually friends. 

Judd's plot with Wyatt was ok. I know Judd's advice was to get him to be able to nail the interview, but I also think that Judd's advice was rooted in some old-fashioned masculinity (which isn't the first time). Wyatt seems like an introvert, and I feel like Judd...I know what Judd's point was, but I felt like he wasn't accounting for how Wyatt is as a person. Hence, the dressing up in a suit and telling him that dominance is essentially key. Maybe that's my interpretation, and I could be wrong.

I do wonder what Judd was going to say to that boss before the building blew up. I don't think sending in your dad to get you a second interview would work very well, in hindsight. Judd should have told Wyatt to go up and ask for a second chance himself, but then Wyatt would be in danger, not Judd. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Hence, the dressing up in a suit and telling him that dominance is essentially key. Maybe that's my interpretation, and I could be wrong.

I thought he was going for confidence, not dominance. I will says Judd's advice is a bit old school and overly masculine but like I said, if an interviewer openly dissed me in front of other interviewees over being *overdressed* - not a crime, and yes, a sign of respect - I'd be questioning whether I want the unpaid internship.

26 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I do wonder what Judd was going to say to that boss before the building blew up. I don't think sending in your dad to get you a second interview would work very well, in hindsight. Judd should have told Wyatt to go up and ask for a second chance himself, but then Wyatt would be in danger, not Judd. 

I was rolling my eyes at this. Lets ignore the building blowing up and pretend Judd got to the reception desk. So he has no appointment and Wyatt has no appointment. Judd might bully his way to the CEO guy (although that sort of behavior usually gets security and the police called) and then what? He's a demanding, somewhat physically intimidating man acting like a helicopter parent. If anything makes Wyatt look like a weak ass douche, its Daddy demanding the company hire his kid because his kid is so super awesome. Does that ever work? In real life?

• Love 11

The ending certainly took me by surprise, and bravo to the FX people, the building collapse looked really impressive. 

Nancy seems years ahead of Mateo in maturity.

Agreed. Also, in the opening scene where they're just out of bed, I noticed she was a little taller than him, but in the closing scene during game night, she seemed like she was towering over him. Still, it didn't even occur to me that his problem was that he was shorter than her. I thought it had something to do with her aggressive game playing.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I thought he was going for confidence, not dominance. I will says Judd's advice is a bit old school and overly masculine but like I said, if an interviewer openly dissed me in front of other interviewees over being *overdressed* - not a crime, and yes, a sign of respect - I'd be questioning whether I want the unpaid internship.

This makes more sense. I think I've just noticed more of Judd's more masculine traits over the season (him wanting to take Wyatt out on all these more old-fashioned masculine activities like fishing and hunting) so this stood out to me. Again, I love Judd, I appreciate Judd as a character, but it's something I've noticed since Wyatt showed up. 

And yeah, I had an issue with the interview essentially mocking Wyatt for his attire in front of other candidates. I wouldn't want to work for a guy like this if he's openly mocking me in front of others right off the bat. 

• Love 6

Also, in what world is a billionaire interviewing candidates for an unpaid internship himself? Unless the internship is of the Monica Lewinsky variety, there should be multiple levels of employees buffering the CEO from contact with entry level workers, never mind prospects for same. That guy would be personally handling top-level executive hires and maybe celebrity spokespeople, not high school graduates hoping they learn from developers and SEO personnel while getting their coffee.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

That guy would be personally handling top-level executive hires and maybe celebrity spokespeople, not high school graduates hoping they learn from developers and SEO personnel while getting their coffee.

I mean maybe thats why everyone wants to work with him, because he's so open to high school grads etc but yeah, fair point.

I assumed it was more of a great in state opportunity. 

5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I had an issue with the interview essentially mocking Wyatt for his attire i

I didn't agree with Wyatt wearing a suit, that was a bit much.    A pair of dress pants and a nice shrit would have worked. especially since everyone else waiting took the opposite approach and looked like they'd just climbed out of bed.  One guy looked like he might have been a homeless person who walked in off the street for a warm cup of coffee.  

I'm really hoping Judd was still in the elevator because I think that would be the only way he'd be spared, if the elevator protected him.  

• Love 3

I swear to goodness, if Judd dies I am done with watching this show. They threaten his life regularly, so I hope this is another "Judd in Peril" episode, but man, I knew as soon as he got out of the car and walked in that something bad was gonna go down.  

The rest of the episode is okay, and I do not know what the writers are thinking with the whole Tommy + BIL story line.  

• Love 2

I would be more than fine with a storyline featuring Tommy having a romance with a hot younger man and being conflicted with how her feelings about Charles impact that. But making him her brother-in-law is just ICKY! I do not like feeling the urge to throw a bucket of cold water at Gina Torres through my TV.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I'm really hoping Judd was still in the elevator because I think that would be the only way he'd be spared, if the elevator protected him.  

Maybe Judd's plan all along was to blow up the building so Wyatt could rescue his potential boss and get hired there. Hey, this could get really dark.

• LOL 5
20 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I didn't agree with Wyatt wearing a suit, that was a bit much. 

I mean, as soon as the suit was mentioned, I knew where this plot was going and it wasn't "Wyatt gets the job because he shows up the other interviewers by dressing professionally" - I just dislike this trope for the exact thing you say - Wyatt could have worn a nice dress shirt to put some effort into his appearance for the interview and made the point. These days, if the job isn't in finance, a suit is overdressing at most workplaces for day to day outfitting. But for an interview? Still not a bad idea. 

1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Having Owen goad the guy was crafty. But unnecessary. The woman was right there and had a bruise on her mouth. She could immediatley report him for hitting her and he would be arrested. 

Yeah, can't believe the woman screaming there was a problem didn't resolve with the kids being put in a cop car to talk with CPS just to be careful.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Having Owen goad the guy was crafty. But unnecessary. The woman was right there and had a bruise on her mouth. She could immediatley report him for hitting her and he would be arrested. 

Well unfortunately we live in a world where domestic violence victims aren't always believed. Women are dismissed as lying or hysterical or counter-accused of assault when defending themselves. Her children are potentially the only witnesses which means they'll be questioned by police and possibly in a court room.

Owen getting hit in front of adult witnesses is going to be seen differently. And handled differently in the legal system

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

Owen getting hit in front of adult witnesses is going to be seen differently.

Especially since it didn't take much to set off the guy.  I mean if it takes you 9 seconds to react and hit a first responder with a dozen witnesses, what are you doing behind closed doors.  

2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

if the job isn't in finance, a suit is overdressing at most workplaces for day to day outfitting.

Especially a custom made, probably cost a pretty penny, not off the rack, suit. And I forget if they mentioned whether this would be Wyatt's grown up job (ie he's finished his schooling) or if it was just a summer job.  

I don't like the Nancy chick, haven't liked her since she started.  With her being so much taller and Matteo looking pretty young for his age, I didn't like the pairing at all.  

Tommie and the brother in law is all kinds of NO.  

Edited by perkie1968
(edited)

Tommy and her brother in law continues to be gross, please keep him away and stop this icky plot right now. How will that conversation go with the girls? It would be one thing if Tommy was trying to figure out if she was ready to move on with some nice guy she met, or maybe even if it was a family friend, but his brother? Less than a year after he died? Who wants this? Its just too weird.

Speaking of random romances, Mateo and Nancy came a bit out of nowhere. I don't dislike the idea of them as a couple and seeing everyone hanging out was fun, but it felt random.

The opening save was fun, the couple was cute and Mateo just pulling the plug made me laugh.

Judd's advice to get a suit and be confident were good ideas, even if you don't normally wear a suit to work (most people don't anymore) its not normally a bad idea for an interview, just in most interviews the interviewer isn't a total ass to the interviewees. What kind of CEO personally interviews entry level employees anyway? I am curious about what Judd's plan was before the building blew up? Kind of embarrassing to have your dad show up at your first job interview to get them to give you a second chance.

It wasn't a funny situation at all, but I did laugh a bit at everyone freaking out that Owen was going to punch the abusive dad. I guess going to confront his bio dad and therapy has really helped him control those fists of fury.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Especially a custom made, probably cost a pretty penny, not off the rack, suit. And I forget if they mentioned whether this would be Wyatt's grown up job (ie he's finished his schooling) or if it was just a summer job.  

Although I do think its nice for a young man to have a good suit available for things like interviews and such. I don't get the impression that Judd and Grace are poor. It *was* an interview where it doesn't usually hurt to dress up. The job itself was an unpaid internship for the summer in something Wyatt was interested in. 

What I suspect will happen btw is that after Judd is rescued (because Judd ain't dying) is that Wyatt will find out from the CEO guy that he was gonna get the internship anyway, that CEO thought he had unique answers or whatever and liked his daring to wear the suit.... thats often where this trope goes.

30 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Judd's advice to get a suit and be confident were good ideas, even if you don't normally wear a suit to work (most people don't anymore) its not normally a bad idea for an interview, just in most interviews the interviewer isn't a total ass to the interviewees.

This 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I forget if they mentioned whether this would be Wyatt's grown up job (ie he's finished his schooling) or if it was just a summer job.  

It was an internship. They were discussing the details during the family dinner at the beginning of the episode. 

• Useful 1
On 5/10/2022 at 3:54 PM, perkie1968 said:

It's also possible that the blast couldn't reach back in time to the 1950s where Judd apparently lives.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

What I suspect will happen btw is that after Judd is rescued (because Judd ain't dying) is that Wyatt will find out from the CEO guy that he was gonna get the internship anyway, that CEO thought he had unique answers or whatever

Except that's the building that blew up, so I'm guessing CEO and his company are dead in the rubble.  

1 hour ago, eel21788 said:

It was an internship. They were discussing the details during the family dinner at the beginning of the episode. 

Thanks.  I missed it.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Except that's the building that blew up, so I'm guessing CEO and his company are dead in the rubble.  

I'm sure the jerk CEO was out skateboarding in the parking garage or something else of a forced "cool" nature ;)

• Love 1

I honestly had never noticed Nancy being unusually tall until they very purposefully made a point of it.  Of course, she's a character I don't usually pay much attention to in general, so there's that. 

• Love 4

The only thing I liked about this episode was Julius’ beautiful guitar. 

I’m fairly certain Judd is not supposed to be driving, even though he didn’t injure his driving leg. I’m sure he’s supposed to keep his leg elevated & straight. And really, going to talk to the CEO? Is he Marie Barone now? 🚁 I’m sure Judd will be fine but TK’s cheating death crown is in jeopardy. 

Owen baiting the abusive guy to punch him was pretty clever, but Carlos should have just taken a report from the wife at the scene. But then how else would we know that Owen has his anger under control? 🙄

I agree with everyone who said that Nancy & Matteo are mis-matched much more by maturity level than height. Matteo is sometimes one step up from the village idiot, while Nancy has always been shown to be capable if sometimes misguided (DNR). There’s zero chemistry there. 

Since I tend to scoff & eye-roll through most of the show lately, I’m wondering if it’s time to peace out. I only started watching because of my decades-long crush on Rob Lowe lol 

• Love 4
On 5/10/2022 at 1:26 AM, EllaWycliffe said:

If an interviewer treated me so poorly in front of other candidates like that, honestly that's pretty telling what the work environment is like.

Seriously.
So, when Wyatt rushes into the burning building and saves Judd's and the CEO's life and CEO offers Wyatt a job, Wyatt's going to say, "No thank you, sir. I'm going to be a paramedic."
I mean, Wyatt did already manage to set a compound fracture with zero training.

On 5/9/2022 at 11:34 PM, Demian said:

Just wait 'til Owen starts dating Marjan...

And then Owen and Marjan discover via Ancestry.com that she is his daughter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/9/2022 at 1:22 AM, WinJet0819 said:

I am already cringing at these stories. All the men in the big state of Texas for Tommy to find after her husband dies, and she grows close to her brother-in-law. Think how confusing that's going to be for her girls. And Nancy & Matteo are, without a doubt, the two least developed characters on the show. And now they need to have a romantic relationship. Ugh. The explicit lack of in-house relationships is exactly why these 911 shows were such a breath of fresh air, after Chicago Fire and Station 19, who . Now, Lone Star is threatening to follow the same path as those shows.

As expected, I was cringing throughout this episode. We finally get an episode where Owen is not dominating the storylines. Yay!!! But, it just turns into an episode where romantic storylines dominate, which is not any better, and really a regression for this show. And thus, this show really did feel more like something from Station 19 or Chicago Fire.

I'm so glad Tommy and Julius didn't go anywhere. Good on Julius for being honest with himself and Tommy saying that he's not near man enough to feel his brother's shoes, and Tommy doesn't deserve anything less than that. 

But Nancy and Mateo. Ugh. They don't want it to be awkward, but that is exactly what it is. Especially to viewers, as neither of them are well-developed. Nancy, especially, as her Brianna Baker just got promoted to the main cast this season. Besides her grief over her original partner dying last season and the C-plot about being left out of the inner-circle, nothing is known about her. And the first major storyline to give to her is a relationship plot with firefighter she works with in the same house. Sigh. And of course, now they're relationship drama is going to be attached to almost every episode, until they break up.

In other news, it was painfully obvious that Judd was leading Wyatt down the wrong path. Usually, for interviews, there is an email sent to applicants giving an overview of what questions are to be expected and what the attire should be. Not every interview requires a suit and tie. And that includes office positions and internships. You want to stand out, but not in the wrong way, and that's what appeared to happen to Wyatt.

It is also quite amazing that Judd is driving, while still recovering from a broken leg. I can see it happening with a knee injury or maybe a broken or sprained foot. But he had a compound fracture. And even with it being to his left leg, I would think driving would be off the table until, at least, the cast comes off.

And if you think you smell gas in the building, why would you not evacuate the building? Better yet, why would you still let people enter the building? If people are getting the smell of rotten eggs on the third floor, nobody needs to be with a few blocks of that building.

Edited by WinJet0819
  • Love 3
On 5/11/2022 at 11:42 PM, Bulldog said:

I honestly had never noticed Nancy being unusually tall until they very purposefully made a point of it.  Of course, she's a character I don't usually pay much attention to in general, so there's that. 

On 5/12/2022 at 12:48 AM, possibilities said:

I never noticed, either. I wonder if they've been shooting her framed so we don't notice (until now).

Gina Torres is tall too and most of Nancy's scenes are with Tommy so I don't think the actresses/character's height really stands out there. I did notice that she's taller than TK but it's not as significant as it is with Mateo. Overall, I don't mind the height difference but I agree with the poster who said there seems to be a maturity distance between the two characters. 

• Love 2
On 5/15/2022 at 1:35 AM, WinJet0819 said:

In other news, it was painfully obvious that Judd was leading Wyatt down the wrong path. Usually, for interviews, there is an email sent to applicants giving an overview of what questions are to be expected and what the attire should be. Not every interview requires a suit and tie. And that includes office positions and internships. You want to stand out, but not in the wrong way, and that's what appeared to happen to Wyatt.

I have literally not only never had any such communication with a place I was going to interview at, I've never even heard of such a thing. What's the point of telling someone the questions in advance? And often I find people want to judge if someone will fit the office culture, so telling them how to dress cuts that. I have no reason to think such a weird thing would be in play here, or Judd would not only have known not to get the suit, but would have been drilling Wyatt on the questions. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Ailianna said:

I have literally not only never had any such communication with a place I was going to interview at, I've never even heard of such a thing. What's the point of telling someone the questions in advance? And often I find people want to judge if someone will fit the office culture, so telling them how to dress cuts that. I have no reason to think such a weird thing would be in play here, or Judd would not only have known not to get the suit, but would have been drilling Wyatt on the questions. 

Same, nor have I known such communications to be sent, and I have interviewed quite a few candidates. 

I actually rather liked this episode, though I do agree that it strains credulity to imagine a CEO interviewing candidates for an internship. The Judd-Wyatt relationship is working for me.

• Love 2
On 5/17/2022 at 12:55 PM, Ailianna said:

Let me correct myself. Not information on interview questions, but info for how to dress, when to arrive, who you'll be interviewing with, and sometimes, another description of the job you're interviewing for. That way, you'd know in advance if they're expecting business attire (a suit) or business casual (polo, slacks). I've never heard of a job interview being so lax on a dress code for what we saw the other applicants wearing, however.

I've conducted some, but for a graphic design position at a tiny company. I'd have been fine with the candidates showing up in Halloween costumes as long as they brought portfolios indicating some aptitude for the work.

• Love 3

I don't like this show. It is the most hate watch show I hate watch but peeve is peeve, and it is not only in this show. Writers, actors and directors need to learn some grammar. If they are doing it on purpose, someone needs to tell them that it is not cute:

The tall woman: "Matteo and me (something, something). We (something, something)" - seriously? Even when using the pronouns in the same breath they don't catch the mistake/correct it? 

It gets worse. Shortly after, same character: "Between Matteo and I

Arrrrgh!

C'mon people. A writer wrote it wrong, or the actor said it wrong, or the director didn't catch the mistake. Three chances to get it right and they failed miserably. It hurts my ears worse than than the proverbial chalk on a blackboard

• Love 3
1 hour ago, circumvent said:

I don't like this show. It is the most hate watch show I hate watch but peeve is peeve, and it is not only in this show. Writers, actors and directors need to learn some grammar. If they are doing it on purpose, someone needs to tell them that it is not cute:

The tall woman: "Matteo and me (something, something). We (something, something)" - seriously? Even when using the pronouns in the same breath they don't catch the mistake/correct it? 

It gets worse. Shortly after, same character: "Between Matteo and I

Arrrrgh!

C'mon people. A writer wrote it wrong, or the actor said it wrong, or the director didn't catch the mistake. Three chances to get it right and they failed miserably. It hurts my ears worse than than the proverbial chalk on a blackboard

This is the one grammar faux pas that totally bugs me too every time.
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/pronoun-cases/

• Love 3

Judd is the absolute worst when it comes to grammar. His tenses are off, the ain’ts, he/she done something. I realize he’s supposed to be a down home country boy, but you’d think he would have learned proper speech after years in Austin. It’s not cute or endearing writers. If I were Grace I’d make sure Charlie follows Mommy’s speech patterns & not Daddy’s. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

Judd is the absolute worst when it comes to grammar. His tenses are off, the ain’ts, he/she done something. I realize he’s supposed to be a down home country boy, but you’d think he would have learned proper speech after years in Austin. It’s not cute or endearing writers. If I were Grace I’d make sure Charlie follows Mommy’s speech patterns & not Daddy’s. 

I can be a total grammar snob, but Judd's speech patterns are consistent, so it doesn't bother me as a viewer.
However, you are right about the potential negative effects it could have on Charlie, if she was a real person and not a character on a show that will likely not still be on the air when she becomes verbal. 
IDK. If show time equals real time, that would only be in 2 or 3 years. 

• Love 5
(edited)

The explosion at the end was a huge surprise for me. I thought with all the construction workers there was going to be some kind of accident where Judd would save the day and impress the CEO guy on behalf of his son.

The suit thing was really dumb. I have been on a lot of job interviews and it is not a bad thing to over dress (especially if it is your first real interview ever), but if you show up at the place and everyone is super casual why would you at least not take off your jacket? Or at least think of a good line for when the interviewer asks you why you are so dressed up (either something funny or something about how you really want the job).

As for Judd his advice about confidence was good I think but it would have helped more to get his kid to talk about what he had to offer and how he can answer questions in a way that sells himself.

Also the trash compactor rescue was super dumb. Why would you take the word of the part time building superintendent that the power was cut?

Edited by Kel Varnsen
5 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

. . . The suit thing was really dumb. I have been on a lot of job interviews and it is not a bad thing to over dress (especially if it is your first real interview ever), but if you show up at the place and everyone is super casual why would you at least not take off your jacket? Or at least think of a good line for when the interviewer asks you why you are so dressed up (either something funny or something about how you really want the job). . . .

This is fantastic advice. I wish you would do a podcast for both high school and college graduating students on this topic. 
However, I can't imagine self-conscious Wyatt being confident enough to take off the jacket, never mind say something witty. Right?
But I'm guessing you know that too and are just venting your frustration at what he should've done, 🙃
Too bad you or I weren't out in the hallway to signal him to come out for a moment so we could rip off that jacket! 🤣

It's been a while, but when I was in the job market one bit of common advice was to scope out the place a day or so in advance, make note of the people going in and out of the building, and dress like them for the interview. But that's sensible real life instead of TV drama.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, CoderLady said:

It's been a while, but when I was in the job market one bit of common advice was to scope out the place a day or so in advance, make note of the people going in and out of the building, and dress like them for the interview. But that's sensible real life instead of TV drama.

That's a pretty good one. Of course the place I work at (when we were going to work was on the 14th floor or a building, where most of the floors had restricted access. So trying to guess where people worked from the lobby would be a challenge. Of course my current job was one of the only places I have interviewed where they told you in advance what the recommended attire would be. Of course the best advice I have heard is that it is better to be over dressed than under-dressed since no one in real life would complain if you looked too fancy, but they might if you didn't look professional enough. So for my job when I went in, even though it still said business casual, I still wore a tie.

• Like 2