Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Harvest Of Souls

Eva’s case hits a wall, putting Marco and Sonya in the crosshairs. Jack Dobbs digs up his past. Frye makes a career move. Eva takes matters into her own hands.

Sounds like lots of plot movement.

"Frye makes a career move"???

"Eva takes matters into her own hands" sounds like a bad move, but it would be cool if she suddenly grew a pair (metaphorically) and showed some agency.

Note: People with On Demand have already seen this.

Personally, I will not be reading further until Wednesday or possibly Thursday.

Edited by shapeshifter

ooooh Shapeshifter thank you for starting this :)

That was a busy episode indeed.

RIP mr Prosecutor , you were a noble man, but a tad doomed. Still even if expected it was quite sad..

Marco Ruiz  spared Tate last week, but he didnt hesitate for a moment to execute 2 of the corrupted cops in cold blood while they were wounded, freaking out Sonya (not sure if she freaked about Marco playing Judge Dredd or because she has to shoot in Juarez illegally, probably the latter).

Oh Sonya! Fausto Galvan is not warning anyone anymore about her, he advanced level and he is  now chatting with  mr "Creepy CEO"  WHAT and HOW to do with her. That is not a good sign. They keep setting up this and I dont like it at all.
Actually if Sonya was a in the COD universe... she would be looking something like...this: 

23wjoqs.jpg

I was kind of confused with the status of relationship of Jack Dobbs and Sonya, he will stay with her but he is not a boyfriend?  Did I get that right? In any case, it seems his bro was a serial killer, info he didnt share with Sonya and I bet he will have some explaining to do soon. What also confused me is how Sonya (aka details freak) never made the connection with the drawings ..anyway..

Eva took her revenge and apparently found a soul mate. They even buried  their victim together under the moonlight. Their first date? Aaaaawwww...

With Frye being now jobless, what would be the point of keep investigating the case? And I worry about Adrianna now, it  was scary when "Creepy Ceo" asked intel for her. DONT HURT ADRIANNA. 

And now to more interesting part: mr CHIP, the real estate guy  is ALIVE. So what we saw in the beginning of the first episode must have been a Fast Forward. Assuming that he was one of the dead bodies. I guess he was, when Lawyer-Lovett called his phone it rang behind him and there was no sign of him alive.
So... who were the rest of the bodies in the massacre? Ray and Charlotte? Mr Creepy Ceo? Hopefully NOT Caesar. 

The show is really finding its rhythm. I will repeat myself, but Imho,  if they get a renewal, next year they should release all season together. 

• Love 2

so much was covered this episode and we are moving right along nicely! bye bye rapist cop, eva's got an ax to grind... in your face! holla!

ok, now you have me thinking about the murder scene in the "model home" zaffy. when lyle lawyer looked up, it was eleanor who was peeking down at him covered in blood. i assumed it was the present and that she was "cleaning up" the current people in the stash house. i then assumed that now that the position of "stash house attendants" was open that lyle lawyer was asked by galvan to offer the new positions to char and ray ray. BUT! i forgot about the phone part. whoever he called was now dead in that house... eeps! i also vote that it NOT be caesar. 

• Love 1

What an episode! Things certainly kicked into high gear.

Marco & Sonya are in deep trouble. Like Zaffy said, I think she's more freaked out by the likely consequence of her firing her gun in Juarez. I don't think Hank will be able to fix this. The Mexican police & cartel already have her in their crosshairs and the hotel shenanigans will accelerate their plans for her. Maybe Agent McKenzie can protect her? Unless he's also on the take.

And Marco. Oh boy. I feel like his days are numbered. He's beat up & killed fellow cops, is protecting Eva, is going against Robles, and is indebted to Fausto. I can only imagine the torture they'll subject him to if the cartel gets their hands on him. 

RIP Prosecutor Pintado. Up until they found his body I thought it would be revealed that he was in cahoots with the dirty cops. Guess not. He really was one of the good guys. His kidnapping was awful; his fear & helplessness was heartbreaking. Betrayed by his bodyguard (good riddance to that guy!) and no one on the street made one move to help as he was forced into the van. And then Sonya said he'd been tortured; poor guy.

My list (in order) of who I think will meet gruesome horrible deaths this season: Marco, Daniel, Adriana, Eva, Linder, Hank, Sonya. I'm afraid to see what the writer's have in store for this group before the season is over.

So the drawings led Jack Dobbs to a skeleton buried under a water tower? At first I thought it was Lisa's bones but then Sonya said they held a funeral for her, so it can't be her body. Does that mean Jim Dobbs was a serial killer?

I'm happy Eva got to kill at least one of her rapists. That cop was a filthy remorseless pig to the very end. Too bad he didn't suffer more. And as weird as Linder is, I do believe he will do anything for her. Torture a guy, bury a body, probably even die trying to protect her. Awe love!

I'll have to rewatch the episode to understand what's going on with the house and the real estate agent. I wasn't paying too much attention when the real estate agent went to see Hank & Sonya, but I thought he was the new REA and not the cardboard cutout guy from the premiere. What I do know is that Cesar disappointed me. He's spying for the police/cartel and further endangered Sonya & Hank? Not cool, Cesar.

Edited by bunnyblue

What I do know is that Cesar disappointed me. He's spying for the police/cartel and further endangered Sonya & Hank? Not cool, Cesar.

But Caesar was never a good guy (or a bad one), he just  tries to stay alive. 

You really think they gonna kill Marco or Sonya? These two are their main power, both Bichir and Kruger.

But the truth is they are both in big trouble. Which makes me wonder... the only way those two survive is for a reason or another Fausto wants them to.

Or if Fausto dies. In that house maybe by the hand of Eleanor?  

But Caesar was never a good guy (or a bad one), he just  tries to stay alive. 

You really think they gonna kill Marco or Sonya? These two are their main power, both Bichir and Kruger.

I've never really been clear on what the deal is with Cesar? I thought he was Charlotte's ranch hand who convinced her to open up the tunnel. Like you said to stay alive. But in this episode he's keeping an eye on real estate property and reporting the activities of cops. Maybe he's just in too deep now. But yeah, he disappointed me for putting cops in danger.

As for killing Marco & Sonya: I really do fear they'll kill Marco. Sonya maybe not, that's why she's last on my list. But Marco just killed 2 Mexican cops. He is surrounded by vipers. Once Robles and the crooked cops realize he killed their own while working with the gringa to protect Eva, I expect a kidnapping is in his future. He told Sonya to go back to El Paso and he would "handle it". He is completely alone in Mexico. I'm not sure even Fausto will save him. And I can't forget the envelope with documents & money he gave to the police woman at the station. It's like he already knows the end is near. I hope I'm wrong.

And now to more interesting part: mr CHIP, the real estate guy  is ALIVE. So what we saw in the beginning of the first episode must have been a Fast Forward. Assuming that he was one of the dead bodies. I guess he was, when Lawyer-Lovett called his phone it rang behind him and there was no sign of him alive.

So I rewatched the brief scene at the station with Hank, Sonya, and the real estate agent. You are absolutely right, Zaffy, that is Chip! So I went back to watch the first scene in episode 1 and now I too think that was a flash forward. My mind is blown! I do think Lyle Lovett dialed Chip's number and was surprised when it rang inside the house. So he's probably one of the corpses. This time I noticed a woman with long dark hair lying face down in the foyer. Could it be Charlotte? Could the arm on the stairs belong to Ray?

there is absolutely NO WAY they would kill off Marco. he may lose a limb or they may go after his remaining family but he's the star of the show. his milkshake brings all the girls to the yard (me) i can't imagine there would be a show without him. or sonya for that matter.

my death pool predictions: char, ray ray, bobby, eva, adrianna's sister, marco's family, CLIO ceo

there is absolutely NO WAY they would kill off Marco. he may lose a limb or they may go after his remaining family but he's the star of the show. his milkshake brings all the girls to the yard (me) i can't imagine there would be a show without him. or sonya for that matter.

my death pool predictions: char, ray ray, bobby, eva, adrianna's sister, marco's family, CLIO ceo

LOL about Marco's milkshake!  (Me, too, btw)  And I agree about not killing him, or Sonja.  Like you said, they're the two main leads.  They're not going anywhere. 

Plus, sure, there are a lot of killings on the show, but for the most part - they're peripheral characters.  And didn't the CLIO ceo guy advise Galvon to cool it with the violence/killings?  IDK, I just think, while the show is very violent, the murders don't seem gratuitous. 

(edited)

mr CHIP, the real estate guy is ALIVE.

But not for long. And now we know when (more or less) and why (slightly more than less).

I wonder if the scene of his death at the beginning of the season was always supposed to be a flash forward or retconned into a flash forward.

When they were sitting in the diner, did anyone besides the late prosecutor himself think for one minute that goon was going to protect him?

"Eva takes matters into her own hands" sounds like a bad move, but it would be cool if she suddenly grew a pair (metaphorically) and showed some agency.

So that did happen. But now she's on the run, I guess.

I'm still not sure that Jack isn't hoping to find buried treasure from a heist. When he showed up at Sonya's with his backpack after his "hike," I thought the bones/remains were in his pack, and then when they were talking about what to do with his brother's ashes, I got confused for a moment.

Maybe this episode should have been titled, "Sonya and Eva Take Out the Trash."

Edited by shapeshifter

And I worry about Adrianna now, it  was scary when "Creepy Ceo" asked intel for her. DONT HURT ADRIANNA.

It just occurred to me that this is the reason for her disappeared sister plot. Fausto will offer Adriana her sister's life for her silence. Or is her sister already dead?

"I made you a key." "Us? I'm not your girlfriend." No, Sonya, that's not a mixed message at all.

Well, the excrement is hitting the miniature wind-turbine now. Fausto doesn't give a fuck, he'll kill everybody. Cerisola may have him trumped, though, because I don't think he launders Fausto's money. I think he launders money for all the cartels.

Linder may be the wildcard. I don't think Robles and the boys will see him coming.

Edited by AimingforYoko

Eva and Linder. The Bridge's version of the true love. A couple who buries a body together, stays together. Ha! Eva killing that guy was brutal albeit well deserved, but I had to close my eyes.

I am glad that Sonya was able to get Eva's statement although I was shocked that Marco killed the two cops, but really, he had no choice.

Gawd, so many people are in danger now: Marco, Sonya, Hank, Daniel, Adrianna, Eva, Linder, Bob and everyone at the ranch.

The thing that I find unbelievable is that Fausto would kill DEA agents and American cops. That kind of thing would shut his business down. 

Poor prosecutor! I was so sure that he was corrupt and it turns out that he was a good guy all along. I felt so horrible for him. What a terrible death with torture. At least, his treacherous bodyguard got his.

Maybe I am wrong about Dobbs being a murderer. I have no clue.

Daniel was an ass peeing in the cup in the middle of the newsroom.

Chip is alive! I have no idea what this means. 

I was confused...what were Marco and Sonia going back to the prosecutor's hotel room to get? And how did they know something was left behind to get?

Any ideas on why the brother wants to dig up victims? Is he looking for buried treasure? Why not let sleeping corpses lie?

I know the rampant corruption in Mexico is one of the central themes of the show, but surely the prosecutor would not have been alone in his endeavor? Where was his backup? Where was his team? Why wasn't he faxing/emailing and snail mailing copies of all of his findings? Why didn't he have a team of bodyguards?

So many questions...

• Love 1

Fixed that for you.

Thanks. :)

I was confused...what were Marco and Sonia going back to the prosecutor's hotel room to get? And how did they know something was left behind to get?

This I can answer. Sonya realized that there was a chance that Pinatado might have a copy of Eva's statement hidden. Marco told the prosecutor to change hotels and since he knew where he was staying two days before, Marco and Sonya went there to look for Eva's statement. The prosecutor had hidden it in a gift that he bought for his son. Sonya saw it in the box and when she grabbed out of the  box, she got trapped apart from Marco..

The cop who raped Eva was so damn unrepentant. Even as he was going to his death, he could not take a second to beg for forgiveness. 

Edited by SimoneS

Eva took her revenge

I was rather hoping she would start a bit lower with that splitting maul, say, around the groin,  just to remind Mr. Soon To Be Forfeitting His Miserable Pension of what got him there.

I've never really been clear on what the deal is with Cesar?

Both he and Ray were on the hook to Galvan for losing the load of dope.  Since Ray and Charlotte "own" Red Ridge now, Cesar is part of the management team, maybe?

• Love 1

Any ideas on why the brother wants to dig up victims? Is he looking for buried treasure? Why not let sleeping corpses lie?

I know the rampant corruption in Mexico is one of the central themes of the show, but surely the prosecutor would not have been alone in his endeavor? Where was his backup? Where was his team? Why wasn't he faxing/emailing and snail mailing copies of all of his findings? Why didn't he have a team of bodyguards?

So many questions...

Sonya and Marco were searching for Eva's statement (or copy of it).

We dont know yet why Sonya's *non boyfriend" went to dig there. Apparently he recognized the location from the drawings (maybe a place him and his bro were playing as kids?) and thought (or knows) that his bro was a serial killer. We learn soon I guess.

The extent of the corruption is clearly stated, especially in this episode. The Prosecutor could not trust any official protection, so he hired a bodyguard.

I dont know how things are in Mexico, but in Bridge 's universe, the government is  making a deal with the cartel for less violence in the streets and most of the police is not only corrupted but commits rapes and murders. 

So in this universe the idealist prosecutor was an easy target. 

Actually the whole cast is a target, I wonder how they gonna escape alive at the end of the season. 

I vaguely remember something about Cesar being in charge of the landscaping and general caretaking of the condo development; he might have said that to Charlotte and Ray when they were brought there by Lyle Lovett.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety

Oh, wow, I didn't expect things to go the south, that quickly.  But, I should have expected that.  Farewell, Pintado.  You were one of the good ones, even if you were naive over how dangerous this situation was.  At least Sonya and Marco got Eva's statement back.  Of course, they got jumped by dirty cops, and Marco had to execute them.  I don't think Sonya will turn on Marco or anything, but I have to think that will freak her out, and Marco will be even closer to in danger.  And, now both Sonya and Hank are getting deeper, thanks to Cesar.  Thinks are getting dangerous for that trio!

Linder and Eva!  Burying a body together and riding off into the night!  That's true love, right there!  And, Linder still knows all the other men, who raped her too, right?  Yeah, I don't think they're done with getting some revenge.

Daniel and Adriana get more info, but are stonewalled from printing it.  Of course, Daniel being Daniel, he flips out and gets himself fired.  Could have been worse, actually.  I thought he was actually going to throw the piss in his boss' face, instead of the floor.  But, what is he going to do now?  And Adriana!  Sebastian is now requesting information on her!  This is not good. 

Jack Dobbs.... digging up bodies?  Yeah, nothing creepy about that.  Oh, and in tonight's "That's so Sonya!", she gives him a key to her apartment, but they are totally not dating, and she's totally not his girlfriend!  Yep, that's so Sonya!

• Love 1

Cerisola may have him trumped, though, because I don't think he launders Fausto's money. I think he launders money for all the cartels.

As I wrote last week, I think Cerisola is laundering money for the CIA. The guy played by Ian Hart, who paid off Mr. 243 hits and counting, showed up as a CIA guy sparring with the head DEA agent. What I think is going on is that Fausto's drug money comes into the bank and goes out to fund CIA black ops. Eleanor works with Fausto because Fausto works with Cerisola but the operation she is "auditing" is the whole global conspiracy, sort of like Iran/Contra.

This will be the key to Marco getting out of his troubles with his corrupt colleagues, I think. Cerisola wants the DEA out of Juarez, as does the CIA. So he tells Fausto to cut out the cartel violence. But Cerisola also said that Robles was the problem. Corrupt cops are one thing but when they attract attention from US law enforcement, that's a complication he doesn't need. I suspect Cerisola will help get Robles removed as captain and then Linder will take care of all the rape-cops.

With the Chip Diaz timeline becoming clearer, it looks like Eleanor simply checked out Red Ridge as a new stash house location on her first visit. The courier that had to be taken care of was the guy in the bag, not Chip Diaz. I don't think Chip dies at the house in the bloodbath that probably doesn't happen until the season finale. If I had to guess, it will be Charlotte and Fausto. Ray Ray strikes me as a cat with nine lives and I'll bet he escapes to Alaska somehow. I can see Cerisola telling Eleanor to close down the Red Ridge operation. I suspect the phone Lyle calls is Fausto's.

• Love 2

With the Chip Diaz timeline becoming clearer, it looks like Eleanor simply checked out Red Ridge as a new stash house location on her first visit. The courier that had to be taken care of was the guy in the bag, not Chip Diaz. I don't think Chip dies at the house in the bloodbath that probably doesn't happen until the season finale. If I had to guess, it will be Charlotte and Fausto. Ray Ray strikes me as a cat with nine lives and I'll bet he escapes to Alaska somehow. I can see Cerisola telling Eleanor to close down the Red Ridge operation. I suspect the phone Lyle calls is Fausto's.

I think you are right, a "civil war" between the CEO/CIA/rest of cartel vs Fausto is probably the only way Marco and Sonya will survive.

Not sure if it would be Fausto or the CEO who will bite it at the end.

For the phone call, I think Lawyer-Lovitt called Chip. Cause he must had Fausto or Ceo's phone on memory and he wouldnt have to dial it? no? 

oh well details!! 

This will be the key to Marco getting out of his troubles with his corrupt colleagues, I think. Cerisola wants the DEA out of Juarez, as does the CIA. So he tells Fausto to cut out the cartel violence. But Cerisola also said that Robles was the problem. Corrupt cops are one thing but when they attract attention from US law enforcement, that's a complication he doesn't need. I suspect Cerisola will help get Robles removed as captain and then Linder will take care of all the rape-cops.

Ooo, I really like this scenario. It would nicely bring the storylines together and save Marco. 

For the phone call, I think Lawyer-Lovitt called Chip. Cause he must had Fausto or Ceo's phone on memory and he wouldnt have to dial it? no? 

oh well details!! 

Agreed. I've always thought it was Chip he called because he clearly dialed a number as opposed to calling a contact saved on his phone.

But if Chip is only the real estate agent, why would Lyle call him upon discovering this massacre? He doesn't need outsiders on the scene. Since cops seize and search phones, I don't think you'd keep all your criminal associates on speed dial.

But if Chip is only the real estate agent, why would Lyle call him upon discovering this massacre? He doesn't need outsiders on the scene.

He wasn't necessarily calling to say, "Come to the house."

Edited by Blakeston

I was struck by how lovely Eva is in this episode. I never noticed before.

I simply cannot buy that the CIA could protect Fausto after he killed a DEA agent. The Justice Department would its weight down on Fausto, crushing him. The death of a federal agent in Mexico makes the front page of the New York Times. Their reporters and other major media outlets would be investigating the story not just a small time reporter like Daniel. There would be no way for Fausto to survive this, whatever the CIA did. I think this story is loosely based on the murder of Enrique Camarena who was an undercover DEA agent in Mexico in the 1980s. He was tortured and murdered by drug lords who were reported in league with the CIA.  

I would think that killing Robles would be enough to solve Fausto's problems for now. Robles is the one in legal jeopardy because of Eva's statement. With Robles dead, there is no case.

The guy who talked to Sebastian at Clio was on Bobby's doctor on NYPD Blue all those years ago. I have never forgotten him. He ended up with Diane. 

Edited by SimoneS

I'm really confused by the Chip thing.  In the very first scene Eleanor crossed the border and went to the condo with Fausto's man.  At the end of the episode Sonya found the guy dead in the car that was running in circles.  If the condo scene was a flash forward, how could the dead guy be there?  

• Love 1

Okay, I just rewatched the beginning scene at the house with Lyle Lovett's character. There are two people dead with Eleanor with a machete on the second floor. Lyle Lovett says, "hello Chip" to the cutout and takes one of his cards. He then dials a number and looks surprised when he hears the phone ring.   

I am not sure that was a fast forward. I came away thinking that Eleanor and Fausto's killer, Garza murdered the couriers at that house after Chip gave them the tour. Garza tried it on with Eleanor and she killed him. Lyle Lovett was calling Garza. However, I don't get why Chip would tell the police unless he does not know how dangerous these people are.

Edited by SimoneS

For being just a poor girl from Juarez, Eva has an impressive grasp of the English language, with almost no trace of an accent. Which is more than can be said about Diane Kruger.

Eva's needed to be a quick study of English to be able to understand Linder.
  • Love 3

I would think that killing Robles would be enough to solve Fausto's problems for now. Robles is the one in legal jeopardy because of Eva's statement. With Robles dead, there is no case....

Well, there's a list of the gang bangers, but, yeah, they are probably no-counts.

I was rather hoping she would start a bit lower with that splitting maul, say, around the groin,  just to remind Mr. Soon To Be Forfeitting His Miserable Pension of what got him there.

I was thinking slowly castrating him like they do farm animals, and then sending him back to Juarez would make the other cops think twice.

I'm imagining the last episode of the last season having Marco become chief of police in Robles place.

Of course, Daniel being Daniel, he flips out and gets himself fired.  Could have been worse, actually.  I thought he was actually going to throw the piss in his boss' face, instead of the floor.

Same here! Daniel isn't afraid of burning bridges.

I simply cannot buy that the CIA could protect Fausto after he killed a DEA agent.

I can. We've got a bunch of competing agencies working their own cases here, and it's unlikely they have the same agendas.  If protecting Fausto means the CIA's case doesn't get blown, that's what the CIA will do.

Marco has at least nine lives.  I think he'll make it, at least until the end.  He has an incredible instinct for survival.  He made the quick decision to kill those cops that showed up.  It was necessary and he didn't hesitate.  I like that about him.  

Sonja is annoying me a little. She seems proud that she knows little about her new roommate.  What if he is the real criminal and his brother was not as involved as we are led to believe.  Yes, he killed Sonja's sister, but what if there's a whole story we don't know about?  He took a bag with him to the dig site, so he must have expected to bring back money? evidence?  Why would evidence against his brother matter at this point?  What's he looking for?

Another thing that annoys me is how Sonja, the practical, no frills, just the facts, detective, takes long baths and then dries her hair and curls it early before going to work.  ???  It doesn't fit her character, IMO.  A quick shower and ponytail are more in line with her character, IMO.  

Did Marco and Sonja know that Charlotte is the new owner of the condo property?  Please remind me. Was it Charlotte who broke it off with Marco or the other way around?

Marco has at least nine lives.  I think he'll make it, at least until the end.  He has an incredible instinct for survival.  He made the quick decision to kill those cops that showed up.  It was necessary and he didn't hesitate.  I like that about him.  

Sonja is annoying me a little. She seems proud that she knows little about her new roommate.  What if he is the real criminal and his brother was not as involved as we are led to believe.  Yes, he killed Sonja's sister, but what if there's a whole story we don't know about?  He took a bag with him to the dig site, so he must have expected to bring back money? evidence?  Why would evidence against his brother matter at this point?  What's he looking for?

Another thing that annoys me is how Sonja, the practical, no frills, just the facts, detective, takes long baths and then dries her hair and curls it early before going to work.  ???  It doesn't fit her character, IMO.  A quick shower and ponytail are more in line with her character, IMO.  

Did Marco and Sonja know that Charlotte is the new owner of the condo property?  Please remind me. Was it Charlotte who broke it off with Marco or the other way around?

If I remember correctly, Charlotte tried to keep their "acquaintance" going and Marco rejected her.

• Love 1

I get that the Juarez cops are bought and paid for by the cartel.

But they were having rape parties which draws heat to the city.  The Gruppo Clio guy was telling Fausto to keep a lower profile.

In real life, does the cartel kill or abduct openly?  Or for that matter, go after US cops?  If they crossed the border to go after Sonia, you would think that would be a big line to cross.

I don't think the CIA is protecting Fausto. Agent Buckley told the DEA agents, "Go after Fausto if you want to - just don't go after Grupo Clio."

I'm really confused by the Chip thing.  In the very first scene Eleanor crossed the border and went to the condo with Fausto's man.  At the end of the episode Sonya found the guy dead in the car that was running in circles.  If the condo scene was a flash forward, how could the dead guy be there?

The very first scene in the season premiere was Lyle Lovett's character arriving at the condo, and seeing Eleanor with her bloody blade, surrounded by body parts. Fausto's enforcer (the one who wound up dead in the car with the DEA dog) wasn't in that scene, unless he was one of the bodies - which seems unlikely.

It was later in the episode that we saw Eleanor cross the border with Fausto's enforcer. And the scene where they arrived at the condo happened toward the end of the episode.

I can. We've got a bunch of competing agencies working their own cases here, and it's unlikely they have the same agendas.  If protecting Fausto means the CIA's case doesn't get blown, that's what the CIA will do.

While I have no doubt that the CIA would try, but as happened in the real life murder case of DEA agent Enrique Camarena, there was nothing that the CIA could do to protect their pet drug lords, when the DEA and Justice Department came after them. They were all arrested, put on trial for murder, and convicted. The next U.S. federal agent/diplomat to be murdered in Mexico was three years ago. It was a big deal and covered extensively in the New York Times as the source of the gun used was very controversial. Again the Justice Department pressured the Mexican authorities and the murderers and their drug lord boss all got arrested and extradited. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

This is why Cerisola is telling Fausto to use "gloves." The murder of the DEA agent is giving the CIA fits. The attention from the other side of the border is there and becoming more of a threat. I'm sure the CIA has given an ultimatum and they have no qualms about eliminating Fausto and Robles to "solve" the case. Best scenario for Clio and CIA is that the man who killed the DEA agent is apparently dead and money-laundering goes on quietly as usual.

I'm really confused by the Chip thing. In the very first scene Eleanor crossed the border and went to the condo with Fausto's man. At the end of the episode Sonya found the guy dead in the car that was running in circles. If the condo scene was a flash forward, how could the dead guy be there?

Here's how I imagine Eleanor's first day across the border going, if we assume that the massacre at the condo has yet to happen. She and henchman clear customs and go to the bank. She determines the courier's guilt and sends his name and location to her bosses who arrange for the contract killer to take him out. Then they go to the condo to recon it as a stash house. Probably meet Chip but don't harm him. This is why she tells henchman(sorry I don't remember his name)not to bring his tools. After that they go to the taxidermist's shop and pick up the stuffed DEA dog. On their way back, henchman becomes inappropriate and she kills him, leaving him and the dog in the ever-circling car. We are tricked into thin king that when she flees to the car wash to get rid of her clothing and clean off that it is from the massacre but now I think it's just cleaning up after the murder at close quarters of henchman.

• Love 1

Sonya, being the unsubtle literal-thinking person she is, tells Jack they aren't boyfriend/girlfriend because Sonya knows that a boyfriend takes you to dinner, movies, etc., and while they are sex partners, and now they co-habit, Jack doesn't bring roses and candy, so he ain't no boyfriend.

Eva, I think you got him, and good for you.  Loved how the cop, with his head half chopped off, still manages to move his head to look at her and keep talking.  But not for long, heh.  Every time she whacked the guy, Linder fell ten times more in love with her.

Agree that Jack was expecting to find something else entirely when he went digging.  I think he's still hoping to find something else his brother possessed.  Still not sure whether he was surprised or not surprised that his brother had stashed a body.

Am freaked out at the idea of the massacre scene being a flash-forward.  Wow.

• Love 1

The cop who raped Eva was so damn unrepentant. Even as he was going to his death, he could not take a second to beg for forgiveness.

Part of me felt like he was goading her so that she would kill him and out him out of his misery, which Mumbles clearly had no intention of doing. But he was also being a dick just because he's a misogynist rapist asshole.
  • Love 1

So the drawings led Jack Dobbs to a skeleton buried under a water tower? At first I thought it was Lisa's bones but then Sonya said they held a funeral for her, so it can't be her body.

Maybe I've been watching "The bridge" and the like, too much.  Because I'm thinking their parents.

I figure Jack has some guilt in the murders and is looking for evidence that could convict him.  

I think the audience was meant to believe Lyle called Chip in that first episode, implying he was one of the bodies.  So I'm guessing they were Charlotte, Ray and Chip?  

The things you think about in the shower....

I was thinking about how it went down with the prosecutor and I'm thinking it wasn't realistic.  I think in reality he would have been escorted by federales instead of some local cop.  The federales are no joke. Those dudes carry automatic weapons.  You see them all over Mexico - at least all the places I've been through. 

If you ever run into any trouble in Mexico, seek them out for help, not the local cops.

The things you think about in the shower....

...If you ever run into any trouble in Mexico, seek them out for help, not the local cops.

Unless it's Demian Bichir. ;>)

I think of stuff in the shower too. And not just that. Okay. I'll stop now.

• Love 1