Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Fork in the Road

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Conrad and Cade work with a Medicare patient who sheds some light on the inner workings of the prescription fraud situation. Meanwhile, Leela works herself to the brink of exhaustion to avoid having a conversation with Devon and eventually makes mistakes on her cases. Then, the Raptor and Padma try to compromise on how to move forward and Kit and Bell make a big decision about their future.

Airdate: 04/26/2022

Damn, Leela got all the brains and emotional intelligence between the two of them. I too wish Padma would leave, as long as she isn't pregnant when she goes.

So Bell and Voss are engaged. Why do I think the Russians are going to shoot up Chastain and either Bell or Voss is going to die?

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Well, too bad about Leela and Devon but I can understand both of their positions regarding having kids.  I don't see them getting back together.   At least she finally realizes she was doing too much and needs to choose a specialty.

AJ and Padma came to an agreement, but I just don't care.  I am not looking forward to any drama between them when/if she has the child and they inevitably disagree about childrearing.   I want her gone soon.

I hope Dr. Eyebrows makes it out alive but based on the previews it's not looking good.

• Love 3

This entire episode there was about 10 minutes of actual doctoring, besides:

Medicare scams, babies, egg donations, child rearing, sperm donoring, marriage plans/proposals. . . .WTF!

• Love 6

Agree that it is too bad about Devon and Leelah, but kids is often a deal breaker for couples.

Did anyone catch Padma telling AJ she doesn't want the kid to be a mini-him, she wants it to be HER baby. So....a mini-her? And is really still living in her van while trying to get pregnant? AJ was being overbearing, but he is right that you can't raise a kid in a van. I was confused about if she already had the implantation done or not, but it seems like a really bad idea to have done that without working out with AJ what it means for him to be involved.

So Cade is in danger because of her past or because she witnessed the guy murder the pharmacist? Because didn't Conrad also witness that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I was confused about if she already had the implantation done or not

If I recall, the eggs are frozen, awaiting Padma's search for a sperm donor.

Edited by preeya

Everything was just so forced and obvious. 

They literally spelled out the mafia plan to steal drugs with a convenient homeless lady who was "terrified" but also completely open to spelling out the whole plot to where she, the homeless lady with health issues and no car, somehow followed the mafia guy to his mafia hideout warehouse where all the drugs were packaged. Because why the fuck not?

AJ's behavior with Padme was so blunt, I don't know how she could have missed the fact that it was his way or the highway. The moment he said he was going to be The Father, that was a huge red flag.

Devon had utterly no reason to jump from Leela's bitching about AJ to "So Padme told you about my offer to father your child". He at least seems to understand why it was a bad suggestion. I am not shocked that Leela needed it spelled out by Padma that she was getting Padme's damned eggs but not her boyfriend too. 

The determined spinal patient and her fun wife meeting Padme who looked like death.... and then Padme NOT getting sleep and Padme getting hauled into a surgery right before her giant 12 hour long surgery..... did we not all know how this would end? I am just shocked the chipper patient wasn't paralyzed or killed. 

Devon wins the Devon vs Padme fight simply because he really has been open about wanting kids and Padme not so open about how she really isn't interested. Nothing wrong with her choice - but she was avoiding saying it to Devon because she knew it was a deal breaker. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, preeya said:

If I recall, the eggs are frozen, awaiting Padma's search for a sperm donor.

That was the plan, but then AJ swooped in with the offer to be a donor, and Padma was all, "I knew things would work out." 

This week Devon asked her if she was having regrets over the implantation, which suggests it happened. But Padma thought Devon's sperm would solve things, which suggests it didn't.

2 hours ago, preeya said:

This entire episode there was about 10 minutes of actual doctoring, besides:

Medicare scams, babies, egg donations, child rearing, sperm donoring, marriage plans/proposals. . . .WTF!

The only thing I enjoyed in this epi was the marriage plans/proposals because I love Kit and Bell together. As for the rest of the storylines? Not interested. 

• Love 11

Kit/Conrad are the best and so cute with each other. Who knew that the best relationship story on the show would be the senior couple?

I'm glad that Padma had the turn-around at the end but she's still way too immature to be a mother much less a single parent.

Leela really needed that wake-up call. As they say, you can have it all, you just can't have it all at once.

2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

So Cade is in danger because of her past or because she witnessed the guy murder the pharmacist? Because didn't Conrad also witness that?

I think because the mob guy who killed Phoebe saw her at the ER and recognized her as someone the mob was looking for. I wouldn't be sad if this is what caused her to leave the show. I don't know if it's the actress or the writing but Matt C. has been tap-dancing like crazy to make that relationship work..

• Love 5

I never liked Leela so I don’t care if they break up; she seems joyless and humorless. I liked the Kit and Randall wedding talk and ai like that they are showing older people can find love and be excited about their future. It seems like the are trying to make Cade more likable and it looks like she has a new hair color, still don’t like her. 

• Love 7

For heavens sake, Padma! Move out of your damn van before you get pregnant! Get a condo! Apartment! House! Something! Like I posted weeks ago in another episode post, get your life together BEFORE you add a child into the mix! It’s not really something you want to do simultaneously! 

This show, I just…

• Applause 1
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, hookedontv said:

I’m tired of these sisters. Can both Padma and Leela just go away? 

PS: Take Cade with you. 

If they are taking requests, please, take AJ and Conrad too. I am fine with the show being led by Bell and with the other doctors and nurses that we barely see filling up the stories. P. S. Take Gigi too

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

AJ and Padma *sigh* make no sense.  Didn't they hook up once?  Was it just a one night stand?  Or maybe they should, you know, explore if they could start a relationship instead of just focusing on the sperm donor crap.  Even if they don't get into a relationship, what happens if either of them meets someone else?  I'm pretty sure the other person wouldn't be happy with their arrangement.  

8 hours ago, circumvent said:

If they are taking requests, please, take AJ and Conrad too. I am fine with the show being led by Bell and with the other doctors and nurses that we barely see filling up the stories. P. S. Take Gigi too

Yeah, along with the sisters and Dr. Eyebrows, I'd be ok with those people leaving, too. 

I never thought I'd say this because she acted like such an entitled bitch when she first came on the show, but Billie is growing on me.

And I miss Mina!

Edited by Crashcourse
Mina, not Nina
  • Love 3

Was it my imagination or was there a little light in the top of the ring box when Bell opened it? And if there was, is that a thing now, or only a thing on tv?

ETA: according to Google lighted ring boxes exist and they look like the box Bell presented to Kit. What will they think of next?

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Well, too bad about Leela and Devon but I can understand both of their positions regarding having kids.  I don't see them getting back together.   At least she finally realizes she was doing too much and needs to choose a specialty.

AJ and Padma came to an agreement, but I just don't care.  I am not looking forward to any drama between them when/if she has the child and they inevitably disagree about childrearing.   I want her gone soon.

I hope Dr. Eyebrows makes it out alive but based on the previews it's not looking good.

Devon & Leela - not surprising & saw that coming; AJ and Padma - just no

This show has gone off the rails.  Remember back in S1-3 when everyone was fighting against the common villainous, antagonist Bell, or Big Pharma, Quo Vadis?  Now it's just a soap opera with no interesting cases.  HODAD--who all has been forgotten and forgiven--has become so altruistic, it sickening. 

Dr. Eyebrows🤣🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

On a completely shallow note - I will volunteer to live in AJ's mom's house! We've only seen the kitchen and beautiful garden outside but damn, that's a gorgeous house.

What?  You don't want to live in a van without a toilet or shower?  Clearly, you are not a free spirit manic pixie dream girl.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

AJ -- When Mina had to go back to Nigeria, you stayed in the US to take care of your mother.  Now that your mother is gone, you can go find Mina.  Run far away from Padma.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9
57 minutes ago, Driad said:

AJ -- When Mina had to go back to Nigeria, you stayed in the US to take care of your mother.  Now that your mother is gone, you can go find Mina.  Run far away from Padma.

I wonder if he's been in contact with Mina?  I would love for him to go be with her and get out of this Padma mess.  

• Love 6

I never like Leela, am soooooooo happy they broke up, finally!👍🏻😘

Leela: “Am going to donate my eggs to my sister.”

Devon: “Shouldn’t we discuss about this first?”

Leela: “No, my body my choice!”

Devon: “Am okay to be a sperm donor.”

Leela: “Noooo, that’s weird. We aren’t doing that. I don’t want to talk about this!”

Selfish? Hypocrite? Typical narcissist? 🙄🙄🙄

The only “punishment” for Leela after nearly killing a patient is just to stop pulling double duty in cardiothoracic & neurosurgery and to make a decision? That’s it??? 🤔🤦🏻‍♀️

Three things that I like in this episode:
(1)  KitBell engagement.
(2)  Devon/Leela breakup.
(3)  The maggots! 😆

• Love 5

Will Bell or any other of Chastain's finest be reporting Leela to the medical board for knowingly operating on a patient while she was too tired/drowsy to competently do so; and causing unnecessary complications to her patient's surgery?   

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Leela: “Am going to donate my eggs to my sister.”

Devon: “Shouldn’t we discuss about this first?”

Leela: “No, my body my choice!”

Devon: “Am okay to be a sperm donor.”

Leela: “Noooo, that’s weird. We aren’t doing that. I don’t want to talk about this!”

Selfish? Hypocrite? Typical narcissist? 🙄🙄🙄

Well, the context is different. They are sisters and the reason for Leela to donate the egg was because of DNA - I don't find the reason strong enough, but there is one. Devon donating sperm to fertilize Leela's egg, but the result would be Padma's baby has many more ethical implications if any of them were thinking about the possible future baby. Padma's idea was a bad one, Leela agreed to it likely because of emotional connection. Devon's idea was just his selfish desire of being a father, an attempt to force Leela to all of a sudden feel connection to an egg she would donate and then feel like she had to be a mother. There is no way any of this ends well, and it would end worse for the kid

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Will Bell or any other of Chastain's finest be reporting Leela to the medical board for knowingly operating on a patient while she was too tired/drowsy to competently do so; and causing unnecessary complications to her patient's surgery?   

Leela is a resident so the responsibility for her actions is on Chastain, more specifically on the medical director. It's past time that Kit put her foot down on the iodiotic idea of doing two residencies simultaneously rather than one after the other.

5 hours ago, circumvent said:

Padma's idea was a bad one, Leela agreed to it likely because of emotional connection. Devon's idea was just his selfish desire of being a father, an attempt to force Leela to all of a sudden feel connection to an egg she would donate and then feel like she had to be a mother. There is no way any of this ends well, and it would end worse for the kid

Well said. Both Padma and Devon were trying to manipulate Leela around this.

But even with AJ donating, it's still a very bad idea because Padma is nowhere near mature enough to be a mother. When Devon told her he offered to be the donor, she couldn't understand why or how it would matter to Leela. When AJ offered his mother's house and a trust fund, her immediate reaction was not "thanks for helping to make sure that this child has a good life" but "You're trying to control me." Me, me, me.

She walked it back later but she's still not ready.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

When AJ offered his mother's house and a trust fund, her immediate reaction was not "thanks for helping to make sure that this child has a good life" but "You're trying to control me." Me, me, me.

He made it clear that he wanted to be much more than a sperm donor and I actually saw her point that he was trying to control her life.  As immature as she is, and I don't think she's at all ready to be a mother, I can understand her not wanting him to be hovering over her and her child.  I was disappointed that she basically caved at the end.  She should wait to have a child until she's financially stable and not living in a van or trailer or whatever it is, then look for a not-AJ sperm donor if she still wants a child.  Most of all, I'd like her off my tv screen.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I actually saw her point that he was trying to control her life.

Was he trying to control her, or control the the environment his child grows up in (which every parent does), especially given his own childhood?

AJ doesn't care about how Padma lives her life but he does want his child to have a real roof over his head (as opposed to growing up in a van) and to have money for his education. If Padma can provide those, maybe AJ would step back. But since she can't like any good father, he wants his child to have a good life and so he wants to help.

I wouldn't think much of Devon either if he donated the sperm and then ignored what conditions the child was growing up in.

• Love 4
On 4/26/2022 at 8:28 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

Everything was just so forced and obvious. 

They literally spelled out the mafia plan to steal drugs with a convenient homeless lady who was "terrified" but also completely open to spelling out the whole plot to where she, the homeless lady with health issues and no car, somehow followed the mafia guy to his mafia hideout warehouse where all the drugs were packaged. Because why the fuck not?

AJ's behavior with Padme was so blunt, I don't know how she could have missed the fact that it was his way or the highway. The moment he said he was going to be The Father, that was a huge red flag.

Devon had utterly no reason to jump from Leela's bitching about AJ to "So Padme told you about my offer to father your child". He at least seems to understand why it was a bad suggestion. I am not shocked that Leela needed it spelled out by Padma that she was getting Padme's damned eggs but not her boyfriend too. 

The determined spinal patient and her fun wife meeting Padme who looked like death.... and then Padme NOT getting sleep and Padme getting hauled into a surgery right before her giant 12 hour long surgery..... did we not all know how this would end? I am just shocked the chipper patient wasn't paralyzed or killed. 

Devon wins the Devon vs Padme fight simply because he really has been open about wanting kids and Padme not so open about how she really isn't interested. Nothing wrong with her choice - but she was avoiding saying it to Devon because she knew it was a deal breaker. 

You have Leela and Padma reversed.

7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

…Padma is nowhere near mature enough to be a mother. When Devon told her he offered to be the donor, she couldn't understand why or how it would matter to Leela. When AJ offered his mother's house and a trust fund, her immediate reaction was not "thanks for helping to make sure that this child has a good life" but "You're trying to control me." Me, me, me.

My thoughts exactly. Padma comes across as both selfish and immature. I could not believe she didn’t immediately grasp why Leela would have a problem with Devon being the donor. And then when Leela tells her she’s headed home so can they discuss this later, Padma’s all “No! We will talk about this NOW!” (…in the middle of a hospital hallway, yeah, great place for that kind of discussion…) Super selfish. And I still don’t get why she thought having a baby was a good idea in the first place since she’s plainly not ready. Still living in a van, really?!

And then there’s Leela. In the residents’ lounge when she’s trying to sleep, two others walk in and start talking and making noise with some stupid video game, and she doesn’t say a word to them?! No “hey, I’m trying to get some sleep here”? Plus, what on earth possessed her to sign up for an 8-10 hour operation after already working a full shift and then skipping a nap to assist in AJ’s pneumonectomy? She is supposed to be a freaking doctor, you’d think she’d have some idea of the limitations of the human body, FFS.

The most enjoyable part of this episode was every time Bell said “Yes, dear” to Kit!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Was he trying to control her, or control the the environment his child grows up in (which every parent does), especially given his own childhood?

AJ doesn't care about how Padma lives her life but he does want his child to have a real roof over his head (as opposed to growing up in a van) and to have money for his education. If Padma can provide those, maybe AJ would step back. But since she can't like any good father, he wants his child to have a good life and so he wants to help.

I wouldn't think much of Devon either if he donated the sperm and then ignored what conditions the child was growing up in.

The way he was talking to her sounded more like a father talking to his young daughter.  I do think he was not only trying to control his child's life, but hers, too.  When he was talking about setting up the college fund, I did like that she pointed out to him that the child might choose a different career path and might not want to go to college.  AJ would be the type to try and pressure his kid go to college.  Also, I could imagine her starting to date someone and AJ  giving her the third degree about whoever it is she's seeing and wanting to *vet* him.    

However, like I said, I don't think she's ready to be a mother anyway.  I do hope this story with her and AJ will end soon.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

The way he was talking to her sounded more like a father talking to his young daughter.  I do think he was not only trying to control his son's life, but hers, too.  I could imagine her starting to date someone and him giving her the third degree about whoever it is she's dating.   

You'll forgive me but I don't think AJ is ready in any way to be a father and is in fact coming at this in a really unhealthy way. His mom has died, he has no family, and gosh darn it, he's going to MAKE HIMSELF A FAMILY! His mom wasn't even in the ground when he made this decision - this life changing decision and he's making it in a grief stricken rush with a flaky woman he barely knows and clearly doesn't respect. 

23 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Like I said, I don't think she's ready to be a mother anyway. 

She's not but she's not the worst idiot out there having a baby. Yes she lives in a van and has a weird lifestyle. But... she seems to be supporting herself and acts as a functioning adult in normal society. She's not a 12 year old wanting a baby and while it is very nice that AJ is willing to provide a college education and financial support - Padme is clearly able to understand that accepting AJ's money means accepting AJ's terms on her life and AJ's dictates over how HIS child is raised. At least she's not having this baby accidently. I am beginning to suspect that this season ends with Leela and Devon broken up and Leela staring in horror at a positive pregnancy test. 

21 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

You'll forgive me but I don't think AJ is ready in any way to be a father and is in fact coming at this in a really unhealthy way. His mom has died, he has no family, and gosh darn it, he's going to MAKE HIMSELF A FAMILY! His mom wasn't even in the ground when he made this decision - this life changing decision and he's making it in a grief stricken rush with a flaky woman he barely knows and clearly doesn't respect. 

Yes, that's a good point that he isn't ready to be a father.  I just hope this story doesn't drag on for the rest of the season.  

• Love 3

I’ve forgotten, just what exactly is Padma doing for a living? She seems to have an awful lot of time to hang around the hospital doing nothing. Van aside, I don’t see how she plans to support a child, especially if she doesn’t accept any help from AJ.

• Love 2

Padma is a Wellness coach (not the university degree kind) and teaches yoga and meditation at the hospital.

When she arrived, Leela treated her like she was a flake but a few episodes ago she told Leela that she was ready to be an adult now and have a baby.<eyeroll>

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I’m not a longtime viewer of the show, so can someone tell me how A.J. was raised in foster care? Didn’t they just attend his mom’s funeral? I thought they were close. Did they meet late in life?  

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not a longtime viewer of the show, so can someone tell me how A.J. was raised in foster care? Didn’t they just attend his mom’s funeral? I thought they were close. Did they meet late in life?  

His mother who died was his adopted mother. He met his birth mother a few seasons ago. I don't think we know how old he was when we was adopted, but if he was 8-10, that would be old enough to say you were raised in foster care and still be close with your adoptive parents.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I’m glad Kit is forcing Leela to choose a residency. I wondered if Leela was insistent on doing both not because she’s passionate about both but because she wanted to prove naysayers wrong who said it was too hard and she couldn’t do it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

His mother who died was his adopted mother. He met his birth mother a few seasons ago. I don't think we know how old he was when we was adopted, but if he was 8-10, that would be old enough to say you were raised in foster care and still be close with your adoptive parents.

I think he was over 10 when he was adopted - at least that was the vibe I got.

Also - the breakup between Leela and Devon felt... natural - it would've come sooner, but she refused to tell him that she didn't want to have kids - she knew they were incompatible, but wanted to stay in their relationship.

• Love 4

I still have managed to watch the episode but will jump in here with is mostly an assumption of what happened.

If AJ is now "taking the lead" in the pregnancy plot, the writers seem to be going from bad to worse and back. First, the Devon absurd proposition. Now AJ is trying - no, demanding - to be involved in a possible pregnancy where he is the donor because he lost him mommy?

And Padma is accepting, leaning into accepting this because the eggs need to be harvested Right! Now! - did I get it right?

I believe that  women who decide to have a child by themselves choose a sperm donor based on a complexity of factors, not availability at that exact moment, or because they have "history" - in this case a few sexual encounters. 

On top of it all, they spent almost time at all really thinking about the implications of a twin sister donating the eggs because of DNA, without really pondering all the ramifications. Leela's decision could even end up being the same but there was no time to think, just the pressure of something they can't even control.

This whole story is so ridiculous, and it barely considers the ethics of it all

• Love 2
6 hours ago, circumvent said:

I believe that  women who decide to have a child by themselves choose a sperm donor based on a complexity of factors, not availability at that exact moment, or because they have "history" - in this case a few sexual encounters.

Padma had selected a donor through a sperm bank but then Leela pointed out the problems (e.g.sketchy information ) and she talked to one of the staff who had donated himself and was put off by him.  Meanwhile Leela had already started the hormone process for donation and Padma needed to find a donor Right! Away! because she didn't want the eggs to be frozen like the bagel she got at the farmer's market.

Basically it is a very bad idea all around for Padma to become a parent at this point much less a single parent . At least her parents are still alive to help although she'd probably accuse them of being controlling too.

Speaking of controlling, I got some of those vibes from Devon as he went over Leela's head talking to Padma about his offer to donate the sperm, trying to push Leela in to the direction that he wants.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Padma had selected a donor through a sperm bank but then Leela pointed out the problems (e.g.sketchy information ) and she talked to one of the staff who had donated himself and was put off by him.  Meanwhile Leela had already started the hormone process for donation and Padma needed to find a donor Right! Away! because she didn't want the eggs to be frozen like the bagel she got at the farmer's market.

Thanks for reminding me of those details. Yes, they got put off by someone but not by AJ (I an't stand the character). It makes total sense 🙄 And obviously, they need a donor they don't have time to vet, they cannot freeze the Very Special Eggs because they are Very Special, so let's go with anyone, he is Famous! He is A Doctor! In This Hospital! I Had Sex With Him and it Was Great! Never mind having an adult conversations (haha, mama's boy and whining woman having adult conversations) because Padma MUST have a baby NOW and the world has to adapt to HER NEEDS. She never asked for much, she lives in a van, her parent's don't value her, BOO HOO. 

Sorry, got carried away due to excess of snarking hormones

• LOL 5
On 4/27/2022 at 4:23 PM, cathmed said:

HODAD--who all has been forgotten and forgiven--has become so altruistic, it sickening. 

So much this! Every week I wonder what they did to Dr Bell. Ok, I like Bell and Kit together and Kit would never have been with the old Dr Bell but Bruce Greenwood is so good at playing the charming bastard; I loved Dr Bell as a villain.

• Love 1

Am I the only one who thinks it's out of character for AJ to be wanting to have a child this way? 

He seems very methodical and traditional in his own way. I don't think he will be ok with occasional visitation rights. It's also a stupid reason to have a kid to avoid loneliness, again something which I don't think would crush AJ if he did feel it.

There's also cultural factors in play with the sisters which the writers are ignoring. 

It all seems very wrong and unlikely given all the factors.

• Love 3

So I finally watched the episode and besides all the egg/sperm absurdities, I noticed that Mama Raptor had no friends at all in the world did she? Only AJ's friends show up for the funeral? It didn't look it was the very end, after everyone else had ran away left, so it is pretty sad that the poor woman had no one else to mourn for her. 

Predictions because the writers are in the ideas recycling business: if Padma goes ahead with the pregnancy bad idea, she will either die soon, making Leela feel guilty and wanting a child, then Devon will not want that because poor guy was chastised for being an asshole before; or they will drag the story another season, she will have the baby with AJ, which will then create a dispute between AJ and Leela who will suddenly be all maternal, besides it is her baby too. All bad ideas but consistent with the show's directions

Gigi will be kidnapped by the Bad Bad Drug Dealer Wolf because the villains know everything and have all the resources and while everyone is worried about the informant doctor, he will get to the girl. Another bad ideas, not past the writers either

Bell goes from villain to total redemption but to me he is the only thing worth watching in the show - along with some secondary characters -  which I started watching because I thought it was medical centered. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, circumvent said:

So I finally watched the episode and besides all the egg/sperm absurdities, I noticed that Mama Raptor had no friends at all in the world did she? Only AJ's friends show up for the funeral? It didn't look it was the very end, after everyone else had ran away left, so it is pretty sad that the poor woman had no one else to mourn for her. 

That bothered me so much! They couldn't hire a handful of little old ladies as extras walking away just as we cut to the funeral?

• Love 5
19 hours ago, LadyIrony said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's out of character for AJ to be wanting to have a child this way? 

He seems very methodical and traditional in his own way. I don't think he will be ok with occasional visitation rights. It's also a stupid reason to have a kid to avoid loneliness, again something which I don't think would crush AJ if he did feel it.

It is out of character, yes. But he's not thinking clearly because he is grieving. I'm sure any psychologist would tell a person not to make major life decisions the day your mother dies.

If AJ really wants a kid, you'd think he'd have lots of options in going the traditional route. He's a rich, good-looking, successful heart surgeon. He's clearly smart too, didn't he write a book? He should not have a hard time finding a date.

• Love 5

His mom didn’t appear to be very old. I would imagine she has surviving friends.  I know that a lot of my parent’s friends no longer attend funerals.  Most services are available live on the funeral home site for both inside and graveside services. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1