Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Going Home

The Under the Dumb continues to get under the dumber

Barbie climbs down the hole, the hole pulls out the rope anchors and Barbie cuts the rope to prevent Julia and Rebecca from being pulled in.

The hole in the tunnel lands in a playground in the city of Zenith, so Barbie and Sam are both still alive.  So yeah, timey-wimey wormhole nonsense. Big surprise, yawn.

A billboard in Zenith indicates it is Dome Day 17.

Sam finds Pauline Verdraux in the mental hospital, they have a long chat about why she faked her death.  Pauline knew the Dome was coming down, and she figured if she moved the Dome would follow her and save Chester's Mill (the logic in that idea is astoundingly stupid, no wonder they thought she was crazy).

Barbie goes home to his apartment, gets jumped by hoods that he works with and is forced to go on an operation to heist something from the home of the CEO of Aktaion Energy (who just happens to be Barbie's father). 

Barbie jumps his B&E partner, and ends up having a long chat with dear old dad over drinks.

Barbie and his dad go for a walk in the woods from Barbie's dad's house, and walk right past a red door in the woods with 4 hands on it (similar to the red door that Pauline painted)

The military has established a 10 mile perimeter outside the dome, but for some reason are not monitoring the dome for any form of communications from inside (not even remotely).  They can see inside -- WTF ?

The Scooby Doo gang use a drone to see what happened in the tunnel, and the video from the drone shows the playground on the other side.

Big Jim strong-arms Rebecca to tell him the truth about Barbie, and then decides to hold a memorial ceremony for him at the diner for some reason.  All part of his plan to takeover Chester's Mill again -- commence evil mustache twirling and maniacal laughter.

• Love 3

The Under the Dumb continues to get under the dumber

Barbie climbs down the hole, the hole pulls out the rope anchors and Barbie cuts the rope to prevent Julia and Rebecca from being pulled in.

The hole in the tunnel lands in a playground in the city of Zenith, so Barbie and Sam are both still alive. So yeah, timey-wimey wormhole nonsense. Big surprise, yawn.

A billboard in Zenith indicates it is Dome Day 17.

Sam finds Pauline Verdraux in the mental hospital, they have a long chat about why she faked her death. Pauline knew the Dome was coming down, and she figured if she moved the Dome would follow her and save Chester's Mill (the logic in that idea is astoundingly stupid, no wonder they thought she was crazy).

Barbie goes home to his apartment, gets jumped by hoods that he works with and is forced to go on an operation to heist something from the home of the CEO of Aktaion Energy (who just happens to be Barbie's father).

Barbie jumps his B&E partner, and ends up having a long chat with dear old dad over drinks.

Barbie and his dad go for a walk in the woods from Barbie's dad's house, and walk right past a red door in the woods with 4 hands on it (similar to the red door that Pauline painted)

The military has established a 10 mile perimeter outside the dome, but for some reason are not monitoring the dome for any form of communications from inside (not even remotely). They can see inside -- WTF ?

The Scooby Doo gang use a drone to see what happened in the tunnel, and the video from the drone shows the playground on the other side.

Big Jim strong-arms Rebecca to tell him the truth about Barbie, and then decides to hold a memorial ceremony for him at the diner for some reason. All part of his plan to takeover Chester's Mill again -- commence evil mustache twirling and maniacal laughter.

Good recap. This is the first episode I've watched this season. So, I've missed nothing, right?

• Love 3

The hole in the tunnel lands in a playground in the city of Zenith, so Barbie and Sam are both still alive.  So yeah, timey-wimey wormhole nonsense. Big surprise, yawn.

They just pop out of nowhere and no one in town blinks an eye.

Sam finds Pauline Verdraux in the mental hospital, they have a long chat about why she faked her death.  Pauline knew the Dome was coming down, and she figured if she moved the Dome would follow her and save Chester's Mill (the logic in that idea is astoundingly stupid, no wonder they thought she was crazy).

1 of the worst thing about this series is how characters act like they know how the dome works and keeps saying bs like the dome protecting us nonsense and none of it makes any sense since it constantly contradicts itself.

Big Jim strong-arms Rebecca to tell him the truth about Barbie, and then decides to hold a memorial ceremony for him at the diner for some reason.  All part of his plan to takeover Chester's Mill again -- commence evil mustache twirling and maniacal laughter.

Why are we supposed to be 'afraid' of Big Jim where they need Barbie to hide behind especially since Julia was supposed to be a chosen leader yet has done nothing good for the brain dead town?  Everyone is too brain dead to use any common sense whatsoever.

Rebecca was the one cheerleading Jim and tried to encourage him to kills off some people in town and now she's suddenly a scaredy cat who's a Julia supporter all of the sudden?

Good recap. This is the first episode I've watched this season. So, I've missed nothing, right?

Pretty much and you probably won't miss anything if you decide to keep skipping episodes.

Edited by Machuran
  • Love 2

Crap, I totally forgot that Brett Cullen was going to be in this.  The guy is way too talented for this junk.  Then again, I could say that about almost all the actors, at this point.

So, we're not even done with the second season, and we're already technically no longer "Under the Dome", since they apparently found some kind of magical portal, and Barbie, Sam, and Lyle have already escaped to Zenith.  Of course, Barbie already wants to go back, because he "loves" Julia.  How long has the time-line been, again?  Haven't they only been together for a few weeks? Barbie gets attached very quickly!  But, I'm sure there will totally be a logical explanation for this twist!  Hee!

Are they actually going there with Junior and Melanie?  If so, then my new half-crazed theory is that Angie originally wasn't suppose to die, but was going to re-kindle the flame with Junior.  After discovering this, Britt Robertson was just like "Fuck that!  Kill me off, now!", and set fire to her second season contract.  Thus, Melanie was born, and Junior's got a new girlfriend!

Everyone thinks Barbie is actually dead, and, of course, Big Jim is using this to his advantage, and has them already eating out of the palm of his hand.  Meanwhile, Rebecca has suddenly become neutered and fearful of Big Jim.  Wasn't it just a few episode ago, she was getting in his face, and being all "badass"?  What kind of character is she suppose to be, writers?!

We've not got a "Mysterious Red Door" to contend with.  Hey, at least it wasn't a hatch.  At this point, I was waiting for them to just start stealing from Lost's playbook.

• Love 5

I just can't even.

WTF is the big secret with Barbie?  Go to the friggin' National Guard and tell them you got out of the Dome, then hang a sign telling everyone to jump off the cliff. But no...Barbie has to sneak over to tell Julia how much he loves her. And let me guess....when he goes to a certain point outside the Dome, Julia and the Pips will just happen to hanging out as he approaches.  And Big Jim, with his supersonic hearing able to hear whispered conversations across a room, will be in the vicinity too.

But really? All of this - shootings, fires, near-hangings, giant windmills, red rain, near famine, near suffocation - has happened in just 17 days??  And you mean to tell me that there is no family in town that had food and medicine back-up for 2 weeks? 

My biggest WTF moment was wondering what idiot is buying the DVD?

ETA: Now we have the portal, I'm totally hoping for a Once Upon a Time crossover: Big Jim vs Regina. 

Edited by charlieboo
  • Love 5

Yeah, one of the things I kept wondering about was Sam and Dale (tired of Barbie; the 'new' has worn off) were wandering around Zenith- in real time with Chester's Mill- but no one ever remarked on their obviously fresh wounds!  Also? Where were the parents to beat the snot out of Dale when he appeared in their children's playground from out of nowhere?! Not a blink or 'Hey there!' or 'Are you okay?'

As we all guessed, Lyle has no red rain scars. Also? Of course he has no I.d., that'd be too easy! Plus the authorities would have no other way of checking his identity at their command, since they are also inside the dome? Oh, that's right, they aren't!  The whole internet is available to them; why not a "Have you seen this man?" video on the Tube of You?

The memorial for NotDeadYet!Barbie got me steamed. Only Angie and Barbie are to be memorialized, any other Miller is s.o.l. as far as coffins and religious commemoration go. Yeah, Big Jim, I'll believe you are about all the citizens, pull the other one.

Was the apartment we saw Pauline paint in the other episode part of the locked ward? Or did that tidbit get lost inbetween plot points? (At least the goons knew about Maxine, so continuity yay?)

• Love 2

I too depressed over Robin Williams dying to comment to tonight's episode.

I don't know if I'll be tuning in next week, either.  I guess it's my sour mood, but I think I'm truly grasping the hate for this show.  Besides Barbie, I don't give two figs about anyone else.

• Love 1

Everyone thinks Barbie is actually dead, and, of course, Big Jim is using this to his advantage, and has them already eating out of the palm of his hand.  Meanwhile, Rebecca has suddenly become neutered and fearful of Big Jim.  Wasn't it just a few episode ago, she was getting in his face, and being all "badass"?  What kind of character is she suppose to be, writers?!

She's just there to yell science every single time there's a ridiculous bs solution to the contrived disaster of the week, that and to flip back and forth like everyone else.

I just can't even.

WTF is the big secret with Barbie?  Go to the friggin' National Guard and tell them you got out of the Dome, then hang a sign telling everyone to jump off the cliff. But no...Barbie has to sneak over to tell Julia how much he loves her. And let me guess....when he goes to a certain point outside the Dome, Julia and the Pips will just happen to hanging out as he approaches.  And Big Jim, with his supersonic hearing able to hear whispered conversations across a room, will be in the vicinity too.

I hate this contrived Barbie/Julia bs that they cranked up this season.  He barely gaf about going through a portal and ending up in his home town.

We've not got a "Mysterious Red Door" to contend with.  Hey, at least it wasn't a hatch.  At this point, I was waiting for them to just start stealing from Lost's playbook.

They already are, it's just so poorly written, the rip offs can easily be forgotten about.  So the main 'hero' protagonist has to go back to the others except when the other show did it, it was a major game changing plot twist that actually did have an effect on the other series and when UTD does it, it's just more bs for the episode.

Are they actually going there with Junior and Melanie?  If so, then my new half-crazed theory is that Angie originally wasn't suppose to die, but was going to re-kindle the flame with Junior.  After discovering this, Britt Robertson was just like "Fuck that!  Kill me off, now!", and set fire to her second season contract.  Thus, Melanie was born, and Junior's got a new girlfriend!

Yeah, Melanie is obviously a replacement regardless of the writers trying to say otherwise.  It is a little creepy for Jr to possibly being set up with someone that could've been with his uncle if they ever go there.

I'm confused about the whole issue with Pauline faking her death. First, how exactly did she fake her death?

Second, if she faked her death, shouldn't she make some effort to change her identity? Apparently, she just moved to a nearby town as is still using her real name.

How did she end up in this mental hospital or whatever it is? How is she paying for all of it? If she's supposed to be dead there has to be a death certificate, etc. She can't be using her real SSN # or anything if the records indicate she's dead.

• Love 2

Is there an REI or a North Face outlet store in Chester's Mill?  That was some pretty specialized gear there. 

Where were the parents to beat the snot out of Dale when he appeared in their children's playground from out of nowhere?! Not a blink or 'Hey there!' or 'Are you okay?'

Not to mention the fact that three people have fallen into said playground, plus assorted rocks, a flare, and a drone.

My favorite line (Joe):  "Something doesn't add up here."  Top flight detective work there, kid.

• Love 7

How great would it have been if Barbie landed in China? BTW Barb, unless your rope is infinity feet long, trying to scale down the hole might not have been the best idea.

Isn't Zenith the next town over? If Mrs Big Jim was going to fake her death to lure the dome away, shouldn't she have moved just a little further away? Like Tahiti. And if her teaching those poor people how to paint is intended to be some kind of therapy, there ain't no way they're ever getting out of lockdown. Aren't there laws against cruel and unusual punishment in this country?

Barbie sure did move up quickly in the army from loser enlistee to special ops in about a year. At least he learned a marketable skill while in the service - half-assed assassin/mercenary/industrial spy. Did you notice how he looked exactly the same in his official army group photo, right down to the neatly trimmed beard that never grows. Since they're making up this shit as they go along, they probably don't have the budget to make him up to look any younger or different even though it's supposed to be several years ago.

My bet is on Daddy Barbie being the head of some E-Ville conglomerate who is responsible for the dome. And the odds are that Mrs Barbie found out about his nefarious scheme and paid the price with her life. We really need the Scooby Gang now.

They should have everyone of any importance somehow escape the dome so that Big Jim is left behind with Stoner Asian Asthmatic Kid, Hoarder Lady and the other dopes in that town.

• Love 4
They should have everyone of any importance somehow escape the dome so that Big Jim is left behind with Stoner Asian Asthmatic Kid, Hoarder Lady and the other dopes in that town.

Except, did you notice that Sam's right arm had a minor case of the shakes when Pauline asked if he was ok ?  I'm sure that little tidbit of info will rear its head at some point and put the kibosh on the mass exodus out of the dome via the tunnel.

• Love 3

I just don't buy this big love affair between Julia and Barbie.  Her crying, yelling and wringing her hands over Barbie's "death" was cringe-inducing.  Barbie's willing to risk death to get back to Julia in the Dome was not believable.  It's not like they've been married for 20 years and can't live without each other.  Maybe it's the lack of chemistry between the two actors, but it never seemed like more like a casual hook-up to me.

When Barbie fell down the hole and landed in the city, I first thought he fell into Lost's Purgatory world.  But no - when it turned out to be the real world, I thought, great, the show's over.  Just send a message to the Dome people and have them all jump into the hole and get out of the Dome.  But, with the hand tremors (as someone else mentioned above), it's probably not going to be that simple.  Maybe the Dome let these three guys out for a specific purpose and once they do what they're supposed to do (provide information to the viewers?), the Dome will magically suck them back in.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
Now we have the portal, I'm totally hoping for a Once Upon a Time crossover: Big Jim vs Regina

Big Jim isn't worthy of being in the same room as Regina.

How did [Pauline] end up in this mental hospital or whatever it is?

Well, when the residents of Zenith heard that she knew that a giant dome was going to swallow up a town that she was in (she thought), she left Chester's Mill to save it and came to Zenith. So that the Zenithians could be trapped in a dome?  Thanks alot, crazy lady, lockup for you!

My favorite line (Joe):  "Something doesn't add up here."

Something? Something? Nothing adds up here, and it hasn't in 17 Dome Days. And really, Joe. A giant dome covers your town, there are pink stars and glowing eggs and dust storms and random magnetism and a girl from the '80s emerged from the lake alive, and now you're declaring that "something doesn't add up"? Gah. This show.

And yeah, a random guy appears in the middle of what seems to be a busy playground and no one bats an eye? No one wonders who he is or how he suddenly appeared. And it must have happened three times. Again, this show.

• Love 4
And yeah, a random guy appears in the middle of what seems to be a busy playground and no one bats an eye? No one wonders who he is or how he suddenly appeared. And it must have happened three times. Again, this show.

And don't forget at least 1 stone and a lit flare.  I would think that some parent would notice a burning flare suddenly appearing, and now a drone as well, and wonder where all this crap is coming from ?

• Love 1
I just don't buy this big love affair between Julia and Barbie.  Her crying, yelling and wringing her hands over Barbie's "death" was cringe-inducing.  Barbie's willing to risk death to get back to Julia in the Dome was not believable.  It's not like they've been married for 20 years and can't live without each other.

Especially considering that her actual long-time husband was killed just 17 days ago by the man she now cannot live without.

17 days!!!  It takes me longer than that to get over losing an earring I really like.

• Love 10

Clearly, the people of Zenith are no smarter than the people of Chesters Mill if they are unable to detect that "something doesn't add up" when they see people, flares, drones, rocks, and yes, more people appearing out of thin air onto a playground.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 1

On the podcast, someone asked why anyone even still watches this show. To have context for these articles, obviously. The show is so, so bad, but watching while waiting for awfulness that you just know will set Tara off is the best.

• Love 4

I'm wondering about a comment made about how the National Guard has set up a 10 mile exclusion zone around the dome.  Taking into account the approximate diameter of the dome being 10 miles also, that would give a total diameter of +/- 30 miles, and a circumference of +/- 90 miles.  To secure that distance would require more than just the local company, not to mention the effect on the regional economy of clearing out that much land.  But, as long as Zenith is doing well...

• Love 2

Oh God, I can't watch anymore. I was just hate-watching because it was fun. I also liked listening to the Afterbuzz TV podcast. That was more fun than the actual show. But now, with the characters on the show not even acting like Real Human Beings, I just can't take it.

Guess it's time to check the Wikipedia page for Under the Dome to see what the big reveal is (that I'm sure will be strung along for several seasons on the TV show!)

I have the book, too, but never read it. It's sitting on the shelf taking up space.

I'm wondering about a comment made about how the National Guard has set up a 10 mile exclusion zone around the dome.  Taking into account the approximate diameter of the dome being 10 miles also, that would give a total diameter of +/- 30 miles, and a circumference of +/- 90 miles.  To secure that distance would require more than just the local company, not to mention the effect on the regional economy of clearing out that much land.  But, as long as Zenith is doing well...

90 miles is a lot to patrol/monitor, and despite what Barbie's Dad said, that bomb only blew up and burnt one portion of the outside of the dome -- we've already seen parts on the outside of the dome that are just normal (like when Junior saw a vision of Big Jim dying outside the Dome -- there were trees and houses).

• Love 1

My favorite line (Joe):  "Something doesn't add up here."  Top flight detective work there, kid.

Something? Something? Nothing adds up here, and it hasn't in 17 Dome Days. And really, Joe. A giant dome covers your town, there are pink stars and glowing eggs and dust storms and random magnetism and a girl from the '80s emerged from the lake alive, and now you're declaring that "something doesn't add up"? Gah. This show.

For about 1 millisecond after that line I thought: Maybe this show is going to resolve its silly plot issues, like, maybe they are all under the influence of a hallucinogenic.

But then Barbie and Julia were back to acting like their 17 days = however many months of show time we've burned up. 

Yeah, its gotta be a drug induced coma.

So basically everyone.

I just don't buy this big love affair between Julia and Barbie.  Her crying, yelling and wringing her hands over Barbie's "death" was cringe-inducing.  Barbie's willing to risk death to get back to Julia in the Dome was not believable.  It's not like they've been married for 20 years and can't live without each other.  Maybe it's the lack of chemistry between the two actors, but it never seemed like more like a casual hook-up to me.

When Barbie fell down the hole and landed in the city, I first thought he fell into Lost's Purgatory world.  But no - when it turned out to be the real world, I thought, great, the show's over.  Just send a message to the Dome people and have them all jump into the hole and get out of the Dome.  But, with the hand tremors (as someone else mentioned above), it's probably not going to be that simple.  Maybe the Dome let these three guys out for a specific purpose and once they do what they're supposed to do (provide information to the viewers?), the Dome will magically suck them back in.

I know, the Julia/Barbie bs was shoved down our throats even harder than last season.

Barbie has to 'go back' so they can try and rip Lost off some more all while spouting bs about the dome  when they really don't know anything about this nonsense.

Oh God, I can't watch anymore. I was just hate-watching because it was fun. I also liked listening to the Afterbuzz TV podcast. That was more fun than the actual show. But now, with the characters on the show not even acting like Real Human Beings, I just can't take it.

Guess it's time to check the Wikipedia page for Under the Dome to see what the big reveal is (that I'm sure will be strung along for several seasons on the TV show!)

I have the book, too, but never read it. It's sitting on the shelf taking up space.

IA, it's barely even watchable now.  I hate this whole Lyle/Sam/Melanie/Pauline's/Jr's family bs that we're stuck with.

On the podcast, someone asked why anyone even still watches this show. To have context for these articles, obviously. The show is so, so bad, but watching while waiting for awfulness that you just know will set Tara off is the best.

That's the only reason I've ever watched, but after this episode I don't know.  I might have to move Under the Dome to my list of shows I read the recaps of without ever actually watching, like Catfish.

• Love 2

I figure at this point the writers have no idea how to answer any questions or end the story, so they just keep killing off some characters and adding new ones until

a) something starts to make sense, or (more likely) b) this season ends with a cliffhanger and they convince the network to cancel it before next season.

• Love 3

I figure at this point the writers have no idea how to answer any questions or end the story, so they just keep killing off some characters and adding new ones until

a) something starts to make sense, or (more likely) b) this season ends with a cliffhanger and they convince the network to cancel it before next season.

Nothing is making any sense, the writers are just using the dome as a crutch for characters to try and explain away ridiculous nonsense.

• Love 2

At first I did think that Barbie might be invisible to the population, due to the extreme ignoring of his presence. Then, after taking off his climbing gear (I may have missed where he stowed it), he walked toward The Obelisk/downtown and no one acted like he was there. Then there was that one woman who scrunched up her nose and pulled the man walking with her further away from Barbie. At that point, I was, "Okay, he's not invisible." Also, other than the stuff on his neck, he wasn't looking like some homeless dude, so I didn't get the woman's reaction to him.

Unless they don't shower in Chester's Mill. Or they do and don't care that they smell like Lake Methane?

Because the characters on this show have family trees to rival the best soap operas, of course Brett Cullen is related to Dale.  I wonder who Drownsie is related to, because you know they probably are still in Chester's Mill.

I am also now concerned for Dale's mom; if she is truly dead or what. Is she in Andrea's basement between jars of pickled whatever?  Is she in some other locker?

Then I realize what I'm trying to figure out and then I stop. 

By the way, why would watching this show be better on Blu-Ray?  (Other than CBS/Amazon getting money from the transaction.)

At first I did think that Barbie might be invisible to the population, due to the extreme ignoring of his presence.

Me too. Maybe they were planning to have him be invisible when they shot that scene and then changed their minds.

Rebecca was the one cheerleading Jim and tried to encourage him to kills off some people in town and now she's suddenly a scaredy cat who's a Julia supporter all of the sudden?

Not to mention the town that was going to hang Barbie a few days ago is now holding a candlelight vigil for him.

Yeah, Melanie is obviously a replacement regardless of the writers trying to say otherwise.  It is a little creepy for Jr to possibly being set up with someone that could've been with his uncle if they ever go there.

Yeah I think the writers figured out that they crossed a line with Angie/Junior and redeeming "misunderstood" Junior wouldn't work with his kidnap victim still running around.

I must say how happy I was to see Pauline is sharing her gift with others. Great art is forever.

• Love 5

Not to mention the town that was going to hang Barbie a few days ago is now holding a candlelight vigil for him.

Yeah I think the writers figured out that they crossed a line with Angie/Junior and redeeming "misunderstood" Junior wouldn't work with his kidnap victim still running around.

I must say how happy I was to see Pauline is sharing her gift with others. Great art is forever.

These people...XD.

I'm not sure giving Jr is any better though.

Where do we start with this one.  The comic relief is all the greater when Joe says stuff like "The Dome won't let anything happen to Barbie" with an extremely solemn expression.  Don't presume to know what the Dome wants or doesn't want, mere child.  

Rebecca is really slipping.  Joe one-ups her on figuring out that the tunnels did not exist until 17 days ago.  Someone needs to study her floorplans more.  And shame on Rebecca for not sponsoring the NASA-level Robotics Club that Joe is part of, building contraptions that do not get affected by electromagnetism.  Someone give that boy a Nobel Prize after he jumps off that cliff.

Junior's mom's psychiatric problems are so severe she needs to be kept locked up.  Yet, perfectly fine to trust her to teach an art class. And anyone can say they're someone's brother and go up into the secure area.  I was hoping for some deranged patient to strangle Sam as he entered so he would be off the show.

Norrie's lack of expression is as funny as Joe's.  After the robot disaster and Julia's "I wanted to believe there's a chance", Norrie adds "We all did." with as much enthuasiam as a typical teenager's "I love math homework".

How heartwarming.  The town showed up in droves to attend that candlelight vigil for a man they enthusiastically built the gallows for a few days before.  Given the people who attended that service, are we sure it wasn't some sort of celebration?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

1) Nothing new here because it's been mentioned many times, but just wanna reiterate that after EVERYTHING that's happened, saying " 2 weeks ago" is rather stupid.

2) All you guys making the Eddie Cahill is jumping off the show jokes last week, whoops.

• Love 2

Maybe this show is part of some elaborate experiment to test the viewers' ability to stomach such dreck. Every week, they hit us with one ridiculous plot point after another, adding a cartoonish character here and there, wooden acting performances everywhere, just to see how much we're willing to put up with. Kind of like The Following, but with much less stabby-stabby.

• Love 2

WTF is the big secret with Barbie?  Go to the friggin' National Guard and tell them you got out of the Dome, then hang a sign telling everyone to jump off the cliff.

Didn't Barbie know the guy in charge when the Army was there outside the dome?  Why not call him up and say "Surprise!  Guess who got out of the Dome"?  Or am I mixing up the book and the show.

Speaking of the show/book:

I have the book, too, but never read it. It's sitting on the shelf taking up space

The book has absolutely nothing in common with the show other than the title.  I can't believe Stephen King is executive producer of this steaming pile of crap.  He writes such good characters in his books being a part of this show is like his evil twin bother getting his revenge.

• Love 1

Maybe this show is part of some elaborate experiment to test the viewers' ability to stomach such dreck. Every week, they hit us with one ridiculous plot point after another, adding a cartoonish character here and there, wooden acting performances everywhere, just to see how much we're willing to put up with. Kind of like The Following, but with much less stabby-stabby.

I thought that might be it until Julia's "Khaaaaaan!" scream.  Now I think they're just fucking with us.  They have to know.  My question (which i'm not going to go back and rewatch the first season to try to nail down) is where along the line they realized making this into an elaborate parody of spooky TV was the way to go.  From what I remember of the first couple of episodes they were playing it pretty straight. 

Didn't Barbie know the guy in charge when the Army was there outside the dome?  Why not call him up and say "Surprise!  Guess who got out of the Dome"?  Or am I mixing up the book and the show.

You weren't dreaming @gaPeach, that actually happened.  In fact the Army guy communicated to Barbie to take charge, but that didn't go over so well.

The book has absolutely nothing in common with the show other than the title.  I can't believe Stephen King is executive producer of this steaming pile of crap.  He writes such good characters in his books being a part of this show is like his evil twin bother getting his revenge.

They have re-used several character's names from the book for the sake of familiarity if you have read the book, but in most cases repurposed the characters to be something else entirely they might as well have used new names.  For example, Phil Bushey is a radio DJ/temporary Sheriff in the show, but in the book he is a

drug-addicted meth cook who is so paranoid that he eventually is responsible for killing all but a handful of people and burning down the entire town.

I am hoping that Barbie just told his dad that he needed to get to the dome to see the woman he loves, but he really wants to tell everyone to go jump off a cliff.  But, knowing this show, it is quite likely that when he gets to the dome, he will find a can of red paint lying on the ground, along with a paint brush, and he will write "I love you, Julia!" on the side of the dome, and then go back to Zenith without talking to anyone in charge.  However, since Barbie seems like the only one who has an inkling of intelligence, I hope he will be smart enough to write it backwards, so we won't have to sit through an episode of the Scooby gang trying to figure out what the cryptic letters means until Melanie accidentally reads the message when she takes out a mirror to powder her nose.  

I couldn't figure out if Pauline was a patient who teaches art classes or if she just teaches art classes there, but doesn't live there.

I also couldn't figure out how Barbie got those bloody wounds on his neck.  They were there when he woke up, so were they there last episode? And if he got wounds on his his neck the day before, and they are still bleeding, shouldn't they have put some sort of bandage on it?

90 miles is a lot to patrol/monitor, and despite what Barbie's Dad said, that bomb only blew up and burnt one portion of the outside of the dome -- we've already seen parts on the outside of the dome that are just normal (like when Junior saw a vision of Big Jim dying outside the Dome -- there were trees and houses).

I was surprised that they even remembered that they set off a bomb that destroyed a large area outside the dome.  That is a tremendous amount of continuity for this show. 

Rebecca is really slipping.  Joe one-ups her on figuring out that the tunnels did not exist until 17 days ago.  Someone needs to study her floorplans more.  And shame on Rebecca for not sponsoring the NASA-level Robotics Club that Joe is part of, building contraptions that do not get affected by electromagnetism.  Someone give that boy a Nobel Prize after he jumps off that cliff.

Electromagnetism is no longer an issue.  Same with the dwindling food supply, the methane in the lake, the caterpillars, the dirt fried by the acid rain, the swine flu, the algae bloom .... 

Last week (yesterday, in show time) Junior said there wasn't a basement under that side of the school.  But Joe apparently knew that there was a basement there and that is did not have a tunnel in it. 

How did Lyle know there was a tunnel?

• Love 3

Maybe this show is part of some elaborate experiment to test the viewers' ability to stomach such dreck.

After Twin Peaks was cancelled, one of the producers admitted that they really didn't have a plan for where the show was going and they were just throwing whatever they could think of at the viewers in the second season. It could be as simple as that here.

• Love 2