Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/14/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, March 14 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Evan Rachel Wood (“Phoenix Rising”)

Tuesday, March 15 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Seth Meyers (author, “I’m Not Scared, You’re Scared”)

Wednesday, March 16 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Amy Schumer (“Life & Beth”)

Thursday, March 17 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Patti LuPone (Broadway’s “Company”); Josh Peck (author, “Happy People Are Annoying”)

Friday, March 18 – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Michael Bublé (album, “Higher”)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I love Michael Buble. I read he was going to retire a long time ago, so happy that wasn't true. 

I think he stopped performing for a while because one of his kids was being treated for cancer.  Fortunately, his child recovered.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 3/11/2022 at 1:18 PM, SusannahM said:

Interesting guests but not worth sitting through a full week of Griffin.  Life is just too short.

Amen 🙏 to that!  Wow.  They must be close to deciding and giving them a week to prove they are worthy.  Does the place where you get the TV schedule let you pull older? Early?  That sounds so weird, but you know what I mean. Like can you pull 3/21st. ?  I very curious if it follows the same pattern of late.

On 3/11/2022 at 4:45 PM, Haleth said:

Is this her second or third time?

Third time. A week of her is going to be very long week.

I wish they would stop with all these former press people.  They are just spin experts.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

Didn't they say Amy Farah Fowler was here all week because Sara's on vacation? Hope that's the only reason.

I only heard `Sara will be out all week`.  And also 'AFF will be here this week'.  I could be wrong about AAf, kinda blacked out after that.

• LOL 3
17 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

Didn't they say Amy Farah Fowler was here all week because Sara's on vacation? Hope that's the only reason.

No, it seems Ana will be there all week since Sara is out.  At least that is good. 

Sara just doesn't add much to the show and still appears so scripted.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

I only heard `Sara will be out all week`.  And also 'AFF will be here this week'.  I could be wrong about AAf, kinda blacked out after that.

I am assuming Sarah is in LA taping more episodes of "The Chase"....

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I like Sunny’s lipstick. Alyssa’s is nice too.

That Russian woman is incredibly brave to hold up the card with the truth. Too bad that doesn’t happen here when certain tv personalities start spouting Russian propaganda and election misinformation. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I like Sunny’s lipstick. Alyssa’s is nice too.

That Russian woman is incredibly brave to hold up the card with the truth. Too bad that doesn’t happen here when certain tv personalities start spouting Russian propaganda and election misinformation. 

Very brave, she must have known what would happen. She hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Sunny’s biggest problem with Liz Cheney is that she’s criticized Sunny’s beloved Kamala Harris.

Whoopie?  Lindsey Graham?  It’s been a very long time since he was the voice of reason.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don't get the joke.

In The Big Bang Theory, the eccentric character, Sheldon, insists on calling his girlfriend by all three of her names.-Amy Farrah Fowler. Those of my generation are likely somewhat tickled by them both having the middle name 'Farrah'. It is also funny because it is mildly amusing to be the kind of person who uses all three of their names. It may not be universally funny and the joke is very nuanced, but it made me LOL. Hats off to CynicalGal.              The best I can say about the three named test cohost is that she is very pretty.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

They talked about Brittney Griner being held in Russia without saying the reason for her being held. They need to stop acting as if she was taken hostage walking down a street. Tell the entire story!!

• Love 4

I wouldn't change my political party to try to affect another party's primary choices, but I can understand that some people see Liz Cheney as the more palatable choice in Wyoming and want to make sure she's the front runner. Sunny's argument that Cheney didn't vote for the things that Sunny supports ignores the likelihood that Cheney's opponent is also not likely to vote like a Democrat, so that wouldn't be a win, either. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

Good grief Whoopi!  In the 50/60s we were instructed to “duck and cover”. Not start doing tumbling moves as in “tuck and roll”.  Although neither would be of any help if we were in trouble.  🤨

Yes, "tuck and roll" is what you are supposed to do if you fall (presumably from some height). Just to bring is some other advice, "stop, drop, and roll" is what you do if you catch on fire.

"Duck and cover" was pretty ineffective advice back then, and with more advanced nuclear weapons it would be no help at all.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

On a lighter note WTF is Sunny wearing today? It's either the most ill fitting top ever or she has no idea how to wear it, either way she looks awful in it.

If we are talking clothes I loved Alyssa's dress and shoes yesterday.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

In The Big Bang Theory, the eccentric character, Sheldon, insists on calling his girlfriend by all three of her names.-Amy Farrah Fowler. Those of my generation are likely somewhat tickled by them both having the middle name 'Farrah'. It is also funny because it is mildly amusing to be the kind of person who uses all three of their names. It may not be universally funny and the joke is very nuanced, but it made me LOL. Hats off to CynicalGal.              The best I can say about the three named test cohost is that she is very pretty.

Yes, it's just my pet name for her because every time I hear her name I think "Amy Farah Fowler". I can't help it. It's ok if not everyone gets the joke or finds it funny. :)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Calling what’s her name Amy Farrah Fowler is brilliant!  Love it!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Very brave, she must have known what would happen. She hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Just read that she was fined & has been released from jail, for something else. Hopefully that will be the end of the story & she will be okay.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I wouldn't change my political party to try to affect another party's primary choices, but I can understand that some people see Liz Cheney as the more palatable choice in Wyoming and want to make sure she's the front runner. Sunny's argument that Cheney didn't vote for the things that Sunny supports ignores the likelihood that Cheney's opponent is also not likely to vote like a Democrat, so that wouldn't be a win, either. 

I think that Sunny's problem is with people acting like LC is a wonderful woman instead of an  incredibly conservative Republican and often votes for things against average people. She stood up against an insurrection....that is what everyone should do. Talk about a low bar. Her voting record is ugly and should not be looked past just because she doesn't want the government over thrown.

At least that's my problem with people praising Liz Cheney. As far as her receiving death threats, I'm sure AOC and many other people are too. And they didn't support or vote down the line with our former liar in chief. 

I love Seth Meyers.  His delivery is hilarious. This won't sound funny but last week  he announced it was national pig day and his audience started cheering.  He looked at them and said "what are you doing? Stop that." It just cracked me up lol.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Rightside said:

They talked about Brittney Griner being held in Russia without saying the reason for her being held. They need to stop acting as if she was taken hostage walking down a street. Tell the entire story!!

I don't think the "whole story" really changes the sentiment behind anything that was said.   The whole story is the Russian government has said she was caught with a vape pen and marijuana oil .   Even if the story is true, many Americans are going to think her detainment, timing, lack of access to lawyers, and the amount of secrecy is suspect.    

• Love 8
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I loved Sunny pushing back against Whoopi for once. She's right that Cheney is no hero.

1 hour ago, Cozytea said:

I think that Sunny's problem is with people acting like LC is a wonderful woman instead of an  incredibly conservative Republican and often votes for things against average people. She stood up against an insurrection....that is what everyone should do. Talk about a low bar. Her voting record is ugly and should not be looked past just because she doesn't want the government over thrown.

Sunny is right, Liz Cheney is no hero. She did a right thing, a MAJOR right thing, at the right moment. That's it. She has totally supported some truly terrible things for YEARS, and Sunny is right to point it out. I'm disappointed in the other ladies. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I loved Sunny pushing back against Whoopi for once. She's right that Cheney is no hero.

A shame Sara's not there this week. Farrah whoever is stiff as a board.

She did push back but she either didn’t get the issue or purposely avoided it.  That being what Whoopie was saying…yes she’s voted for or not voted for lots of things we support but in this one instance she’s done the right thing when really only one other R did so, at least at the start.  The other one is what Amy Farrah Fowler said…Wyoming will not be voting in a democrat, so do we want a Liz Cheney or someone even worse/Trumper?  Sunny kept avoiding saying anything about that issue but that was really the whole topic.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

"Duck and cover" was pretty ineffective advice back then, and with more advanced nuclear weapons it would be no help at all.

I remember thinking that in first grade (1961) when we practiced hiding under our little wooden desks; I was worried about wood splinters and shards of window glass since my desk was in the row next to the windows.  Also once we had a full-on drill where those of us who lived within a mile of school were told to walk home and the bussed kids were sent to the school basement to duck and cover (with their arms) against the basement wall.  I don't know if our parents were warned that we'd be coming home early for a drill, but the entire walk home I sure worried about getting bombed during the ~18 minute walk and if Mom was out I might end up being locked out of the house for longer or my parents might get killed and never make it home. So much for the innocence of youth.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
On 3/14/2022 at 12:42 PM, Rightside said:

No, it seems Ana will be there all week since Sara is out.  At least that is good. 

Sara just doesn't add much to the show and still appears so scripted.

Ana wasn't there today was she?  Very quiet if so

• LOL 1