Type keyword(s) to search

What Are We Currently Reading?

Rick Kitchen
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I tried Catherine Coulter once after buying a bunch of her books off Ebay I read the first one Warrior's Song and hated it. The rapist ends up a hero! He later goes onto star in another book as a hero. What the hell? It was the first and last book of hers I ever read. Rapists are not heroes. 

Thank you for stopping me from wasting any money on this author.

• Love 1

I'm in the middle of Devolution by Max Brooks. I wasn't that interested in the book based on the plot (a high-tech ecovillage is cut off after Mount Rainier erupts and is then menaced by Bigfoot), but it's pretty engaging so far. It helps that I'm listening to the audiobook version, which features Judy Greer as the main narrator and Nathan Fillion, Steven Weber, Kate Mulgrew, and Jeff Daniels in smaller roles (plus bonus appearances by Terry Gross and Kai Ryssdal). I've listened to a lot of audiobooks in the past year and have a new appreciation for how a well-produced one can really enhance the experience.

• Love 1

Finishing Farewell My Lovely by Raymond Chandler. It was published in 1940.

It's a classic.  Raymond Chandler.  Phillip Marlowe.  Made into a movie starring Humphrey Bogart (same as The Big Sleep).  How can I not like it.

But the racism and racist terms are disturbing in 2020. I almost stopped reading it after only about 50 pages. I decided to finish it and put into perspective as to the fact of when it was written and the social norms of eighty years ago. 

So I can't either recommend or not because it would depend on the reader's point of view as to Raymond Chandler's importance as a writer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

Finishing Farewell My Lovely by Raymond Chandler. It was published in 1940.

It's a classic.  Raymond Chandler.  Phillip Marlowe.  Made into a movie starring Humphrey Bogart (same as The Big Sleep).  How can I not like it.

But the racism and racist terms are disturbing in 2020. I almost stopped reading it after only about 50 pages. I decided to finish it and put into perspective as to the fact of when it was written and the social norms of eighty years ago. 

So I can't either recommend or not because it would depend on the reader's point of view as to Raymond Chandler's importance as a writer.

I read it and that bothered me too. It was the way things were and we can enjoy his writing without condoning his racism. 

• Love 3

I'm currently reading Adventures of A Vegan Vamp by Cate Lawley. As you can probably guess from the title, it's light read, but I'm enjoying it, & it's the first book in a series which is good.

The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History by John Barry -  It covers the 1918 flu epidemic.

It’s been an interesting read so far.  The beginning goes into a brief history of medicine that really showcases how the field of medicine was shockingly low educated.  You could go to a medical school where all you did was listen to lectures for six months, never take any exam, never examine a patient, never use any tools a physician needs, and you could graduate to treat patients. Some states didn’t require doctors to even be certified.  Thank goodness some doctors pushed for better standards and opened better medical schools.  Reading it was eerie in some ways because officials today are making some of the same mistakes as officials from the past.  It also made me appreciate modern technology in medicine and also for communication.  Back then staying home meant being cut off from communication.   Because telephone operators were getting sick phone service was limited to emergency only.  We’re so lucky now that we have to tech to maintain communication even if we can’t see people in person.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

I finished American Spy and really enjoyed it. I wonder if no Oprah endorsement (either the magazine or her book club) hurt the book? It got rave reviews from a bunch of well-regarded outlets, but there's a group of readers who look to Oprah, Witherspoon, and that ilk to recommend what they should read.

• Love 1

@DearEvette will appreciate this, and I just felt like sharing or "showing" why I love Nora so much. The scene below is from Homeport and between the hero's two younger siblings; and it never fails to make me 😂

"If you can't behave like a decent human being, I don't want you to speak to any of my friends, ever again."

"All I did was mention that if she had some really basic plastic surgery, she would improve her looks, her self-esteem, and her sex life."

"You're a pig, Patrick."

"Yeah, well, your friend has a nose like a tail fin on a fifty-seven Chevy."

"Not only a pig, but a shallow, superficial asshole on top of it."

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

@DearEvette will appreciate this, and I just felt like sharing or "showing" why I love Nora so much. The scene below is from Homeport and between the hero's two younger siblings; and it never fails to make me 😂

"If you can't behave like a decent human being, I don't want you to speak to any of my friends, ever again."

"All I did was mention that if she had some really basic plastic surgery, she would improve her looks, her self-esteem, and her sex life."

"You're a pig, Patrick."

"Yeah, well, your friend has a nose like a tail fin on a fifty-seven Chevy."

"Not only a pig, but a shallow, superficial asshole on top of it."

LOL.  That is great.  I have enjoyed how she started to bring in humor in her Eve Dallas series.  I especially like  Eve's reactions to anything remotely country or rural.  She is such an urbanite that even the though of live cows freaks her out. 

Because of working from home since March and all the anxieties surrounding Covid-19 and stuff going on in the world, I have found that my reading has trended toward re-reads and comfort reads.  I have slowly been making my way through NR's backlist as well as some other authors I love. I have done:

Carnal Innocence  - The old money genteel Southern dysfunctional family, the  small town setting, and the demented serial killer is a combo that can't be beat.  Also the audiobook is excellent.

Sweet Revenge  -  the displaced Princess turned cat burglar and her 'to catch a thief' boyfriend who plan the ultimate heist to avenge her mother's tragic death.  Again the audiobook is excellent.  The narrator has a voice like hot buttered butter!

Three Fates - Another good long con/heist novel with a backstory dating back to the Lusitania. I love how the initially prissy almost hypochondriac heroine becomes a total gangsta by the end.

Northern Lights - Cozy mystery/ whodunnit set in a small town in Alaska.  Love the setting and quirky locals.

The Villa - Murder and betrayal and family secrets amongst an old Italian-American wine making family.

Chasing Fire - The one about the wildfire firefighters/smoke jumpers and sabotage, betrayal and murder in the ranks.

There are a bunch more I want to get to that I haven't read in ages, Homeport is one of them.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

LOL.  That is great.  I have enjoyed how she started to bring in humor in her Eve Dallas series.  I especially like  Eve's reactions to anything remotely country or rural.  She is such an urbanite that even the though of live cows freaks her out. 

Because of working from home since March and all the anxieties surrounding Covid-19 and stuff going on in the world, I have found that my reading has trended toward re-reads and comfort reads.  I have slowly been making my way through NR's backlist as well as some other authors I love. I have done:

Carnal Innocence  - The old money genteel Southern dysfunctional family, the  small town setting, and the demented serial killer is a combo that can't be beat.  Also the audiobook is excellent.

Sweet Revenge  -  the displaced Princess turned cat burglar and her 'to catch a thief' boyfriend who plan the ultimate heist to avenge her mother's tragic death.  Again the audiobook is excellent.  The narrator has a voice like hot buttered butter!

Three Fates - Another good long con/heist novel with a backstory dating back to the Lusitania. I love how the initially prissy almost hypochondriac heroine becomes a total gangsta by the end.

Northern Lights - Cozy mystery/ whodunnit set in a small town in Alaska.  Love the setting and quirky locals.

The Villa - Murder and betrayal and family secrets amongst an old Italian-American wine making family.

Chasing Fire - The one about the wildfire firefighters/smoke jumpers and sabotage, betrayal and murder in the ranks.

There are a bunch more I want to get to that I haven't read in ages, Homeport is one of them.

I KNOW! Because Eve is so dark and cranky. Horses also freak her out! Here are my reactions to your list:

1. Carnal Innoccence: No matter how many times I read this book, I NEVER figure out who the killer is! And the first time my 20 year old self read it, I was SHOCKED! One of my favorite quotes by that Scrumptious Tucker: "Them bubbles work on a man." When Cy let out some burps after downing Coke!
  2. Sweet Revenge: LOVE THIS. This one made my cry and rage.  And you could tell Nora did her research on this.
  3. Three Fates: I didn't know that the backdrop of this would be the sinking of the Lusitania--and I had just watched a documentary on it right before I bought the book! I 🥰 the Sullivan Brothers.
  4. Northern Lights: I figured out whodunnit almost right away--and I never do that--especially when Nora doesn't give it away!
  5. The Villa: Oh my! That one has soooo many good quotes! And just with Carnal Innocene, the killer was a shocker.
  6. Chasing Fire: Loved this one too. Great Mystery. But I picked up on whodunnit.

And you stated the exact phrase for the reason I'm doing my rereads: comfort reading. Even amidst murder, blackmail and romance. Here are a few others:

True Betrayals, Honest Illusions, Sanctuary, Montana Sky, Hidden Riches, Carolina Moon

Nora's "Agatha Christie is from her Silhouette days: Storm Warning

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm currently reading Beartown by Fredrik Backman. I'll say this, it's well written and an easy read. I'm not sure it needs to be as long as it is. I still have a 150 pages to go and can't imagine what else needs to happen so much that necessitates that many pages.  Especially since I know there's a sequel, which I'm pretty sure I won't be reading. 

And here's why. Because as good as the book is and again, don't get me wrong, it is a very well-written book, I have come to the realization that I really really fucking hate jock culture. I hate everything it represents - the toxic masculinity, the misogyny, etc. Just all of it. And I don't want to hear about it anymore in any form. 

I don't want to see and read about this culture that puts male sports over everything and by that token encourages a culture of irresponsible, shitty, toxic as fuck male behavior. I'm over it. I love tennis and I watch basketball here and there but sports culture has always been a giant what-the-fuck-ever for me because of the ugly that comes with it. 

Yes, some will say it teaches sportsmanship and teamwork and hard work in young kids. Sure, that's all great. Until big money and sponsors come into play and then it's simply win at all fucking costs. Getting off my soapbox now. 

Spoiler

And yes I know Kevin is arrested for raping Maya. But again, considering there's a whole 100 pages more of the story to go and we know someone ends up getting murdered, I'm not holding my breath he actually gets convicted, which I guess is somewhat true to life. 

And the truth is I do like some of the characters - Amat, Peter, Kira, Benji, etc. But again, it's just a hard book for me to get through because of the emphasis on the toxic culture of the town around a damn fucking sport. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

And here's why. Because as good as the book is and again, don't get me wrong, it is a very well-written book, I have come to the realization that I really really fucking hate jock culture. I hate everything it represents - the toxic masculinity, the misogyny, etc. Just all of it. And I don't want to hear about it anymore in any form. 

That's the whole point of the book, the obsession with hockey (although it could be anything) destroyed the community.  It drove people into two camps and exposed the toxic nature of the culture.  I thought Backman was spot on with how the boys were elevated and the men relived their glory days.  (It was football in our town.)  I read this last summer during the Kavanaugh hearings and was struck by the similarities.  There is a sequel, Us Against You, but you probably wouldn't enjoy that one either. 🙂

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1

I'm reading The File, by Timothy Garton Ash, about an Englishman who decided to look at his Stasi file from his days living in East Berlin. He was there on a student visa as a researcher and was able to move around more freely than most. It's fascinating (and sort of depressing, as so many people were informants [I know, some of them did it unwillingly, but too many didn't]) to read about the discrepancies between the file information and his diaries, recollections, and memories from people who were there with him. A lot of the errors were minor—e.g., the car was dark green, not dark blue—but depending on how that information was used, a mistake like that could have caused major problems and consequences.

On 7/18/2020 at 10:33 AM, dubbel zout said:

I tried to start Ottessa Moshfegh's newest, "Death in Her Hands," but I need a break from her writing style

Have you given up on Death in Her Hands? This is my first time reading one of her books and I'm struggling with it a bit.

(edited)
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

That's the whole point of the book, the obsession with hockey (although it could be anything) destroyed the community.  It drove people into two camps and exposed the toxic nature of the culture.  I thought Backman was spot on with how the boys were elevated and the men relived their glory days.  (It was football in our town.)  I read this last summer during the Kavanaugh hearings and was struck by the similarities.  There is a sequel, Us Against You, but you probably wouldn't enjoy that one either. 🙂

I'm aware, which was my point. That even though it's actually a really well-written book, so that's nothing against the author, it's still a chore for me to get through because this is a narrative I've seen play out far too many times - in real life and in fiction. And I'm over it. My threshold for tolerating it, has reached its maximum. So I'll finish this book because I never like to not finish a book I've started, but I have zero interest in reading the sequel.

Edited by truthaboutluv
3 hours ago, krankydoodle said:
On 7/18/2020 at 10:33 AM, dubbel zout said:

I tried to start Ottessa Moshfegh's newest, "Death in Her Hands," but I need a break from her writing style

Have you given up on Death in Her Hands? This is my first time reading one of her books and I'm struggling with it a bit.

I haven't given up, but I am taking an extended break. I think she's an author you need to be in the mood for.

• Love 1

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but since I've been talking about what Nora Roberts I'm reading, I just HAVE to share this. I think I mentioned that all signings for 2020 have been cancelled, which is a bummer for me, but totally understandable. Nora is local for me. Her hubby's store, where she holds her signings is about 45-50 minutes away from me. So I live for those signings I can attend and chat with her, the staff and get my pictures.

Anyhoo. TODAY, her publicist, who twice a month or so, holds Face Book chats, had a surprise for us! THAT'S RIGHT, it was NORA!!

giphy.gif

This is a big deal, because Nora is so private and doesn't do social media at ALL. So I got to "chat" with her and got info on her new trilogy--part of it set in Ireland! WOOHOO!!!! Book One is coming out in November. Along with other stuff.

The Awakening: The Dragon Heart Legacy, Book 1

• Love 9
(edited)

One interesting thing that's been a result of public book tours being cancelled is that a lot of authors have opened up virtual meets and discussions to the public, instead of visiting a few cities across the country, and it's also pretty cool that so many people in different states and even countries are able to participate in the same meet. So, I have to admit it has been a nice opportunity to hear a few of my favorite authors talk in real time and answer questions, etc. I actually am signed up for a zoom event tomorrow evening with one of my favorite historical fiction authors, Lauren Willig. 

Edited by Starleigh
  • Love 4
On 7/21/2020 at 11:14 AM, dubbel zout said:

I finished American Spy and really enjoyed it. I wonder if no Oprah endorsement (either the magazine or her book club) hurt the book? It got rave reviews from a bunch of well-regarded outlets, but there's a group of readers who look to Oprah, Witherspoon, and that ilk to recommend what they should read.

I read that last year and enjoyed it.  I read it for an online book club last summer geared towards more literary fiction, and it was a NPR Now Read This book club selection this year.  Honestly, with the amount of books published every year, some books are going to fall into the cracks and not sell well.  The book also read like a mid-list author book which is what most literary fiction is.  Rare is the author who gets rave reviews across the board while also selling hundreds of thousands of copies.  Well besides the god-awful dreck Sally Rooney produces.  Even then she has a short lifespan until the "first great Generation Z" novel is written.  

So I finished Beartown and still have zero desire to read the sequel. But I just wanted to add to my original comment that now having read the entire book, the character I hate the absolute most is 

Spoiler

David. 

This dude is the most smug, full of shit person in that whole book. How the fuck do you smugly judge another man and act like you're better than because in his eyes, the dude had the audacity to put his daughter's pain over their fucking hockey team and club. Talking about he could have waited a day, he did it to inflict maximum pain on the team and hockey and politics shouldn't mix. Like the fuck?

I've never read such bullshit rationalizing and wanted to reach into a book a punch a fictional character's face in more. David's whole spiel and reasoning for hating Peter was plain bullshit.. And I love how he makes all these stupid rationalizations and yet, Benji, the boy who always had Kevin's back, who loved David his coach almost like a father, refused to defect with the rest of them. Like what did that say about Kevin's supposed innocence.

I'm currently reading Far From the Tree by Robin Benway and I'm enjoying it. Not the most amazing book ever but a nice, touching and enjoyable read. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm reading We Have Always Lived In The Castle by Shirley Jackson. I've read it before but it was a long time ago. So chilling.

I love her short stories and think she was a serious genius at writing horror/suspense.  My favorite book of her short stories is, Just An Ordinary Day. It was published not that long ago, maybe 15 years ago? I think the story was that someone uncovered a bunch of stories she had written but never published, in a box that was being stored in a barn in VT. It was passed along to her children and they decided to get the stories edited and published.

But I must admit, I've never been able to read her novels. I don't know why, but I just have trouble following the narration and the plot. I've tried a few. Maybe I should try again.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm reading We Have Always Lived In The Castle by Shirley Jackson. I've read it before but it was a long time ago. So chilling.

This is my favourite Shirley Jackson novel! It's a freaking masterpiece. I'm pretty sure I read the last third of it in one sitting, while weeping. Like all her work, there is so much woven in under the surface, and it's almost kaleidoscopic, the way you can look at it from different angles and see different meanings. Damn, now I wanna read it again too!

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Slovenly Muse said:

This is my favourite Shirley Jackson novel! It's a freaking masterpiece. I'm pretty sure I read the last third of it in one sitting, while weeping. Like all her work, there is so much woven in under the surface, and it's almost kaleidoscopic, the way you can look at it from different angles and see different meanings. Damn, now I wanna read it again too!

I listened to the audiobook of this back in March right after we went into lockdown.   The line about choosing different library books if they had known that was going to be the last trip hit me differently than when I first read it.

• Love 3

I am currently reading Take a Hint, Dani Brown which is the second in Talia Hibbert’s Brown Sister Trilogy. The first book I read by her was Get a Life, Chole Brown which I really loved.  I then read her Ravenswood trilogy and have become a big fan.  Her characters are diverse, there’s humor but also emotional elements, the obstacles that get in the couples’ way are grounded in reality and she really shows how her pairings work well as a couple.  

• Love 2

Just finished: The Last Flight by Julie Clark, about two women who switch tickets at the airport to run away from their respective troubles. I enjoyed it for the most part--it was a quick read and kept me on the edge of my seat. Some parts of the ending felt a little ass pull-y, like

Spoiler

the introduction of Charlotte, a character we'd never heard about before and never actually meet, being the key to proving Rory killed Maggie

but other parts came together really well, and the ending absolutely gutted me.

Next up: The Girl from Widow Hills by Megan Miranda.

5 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

I’m reading Golden in Death by JD Robb.  I really enjoy the In Death series.  

My copy is supposed to arrive today 🙂

• Love 1

I'm reading Alex Trebek's book, "The Answer Is..."  It's an enjoyable series of short essays about his life, that make up a narrative.  I really appreciate the photos being scattered throughout the text in relevant places, rather than in two or three big clumps.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I've been reading Jaine Austen mysteries by Laura Levine. They're kind of like the Stephanie Plum series. They can be goofy and silly, but I just love the humor. 

I've been reading ebooks through my local library. Mainly celebrity books about Joan Rivers, Marlo Thomas, and the Playboy mansion. I'm also reading Mimi Alford's book about her affair as a teen with President Kennedy. Wow, it was amazing what they got away with back then. I like to read more than one ebook at a time. I think I'm getting attention deficit disorder as  I get older. lol

(edited)

Just completed The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor. I really enjoyed it, even though I figured out most of the twists. It wasn't perfect but pretty strong for a debut novel. 

Spoiler

I knew almost immediately that Eddie and his creepy ass had taken the girl's head. I knew he couldn't have killed her because I couldn't see how a 12 year old would be able to murder a 17 year old girl all by himself and hack her body like that. Alhough I guess stranger things have happened. But it was clear all his weird dreams and sleepwalking hinted at something he was hiding. And once his klepto tendencies came into play, I figured he took the head. 

I also wonder if his mom knew, based on her strange reaction when he told her Mickey claimed to know who really killed Elise. I wonder if all these years she thought Eddie had something to do with it, on account of his having the girl's damn head. I also figured out the Reverend likely murdered Elise and figured he was faking his paralysis. 

Didn't see Hoppo killing Mickey but Mickey's death, just like his brother's was a complete "who cares".

Currently reading Followers by Megan Angelo. It's okay and I'm very interested to see where the story's going but so far, none of the main characters are truly grabbing me. They're all so far pretty blah. I'm hoping that changes as the action moves along. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

I’m reading The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare.  I’m a sucker for a marriage of convenience turns to love romance. 

Edited to add: If you like marriage of convenience stories, The Weekday Brides Series by Catherine Bybee has some great stories set in the present.

Edited by Luckylyn
  • Love 1

So I finished Nora Roberts' Hideaway a couple weeks ago. Not as good as Shelter in Place or Under Currents, The Witness, or any of her classics, but it wasn't too bad. But like other books, and especially in a few of her (as JD Robb) In Deaths, I REALLY, and I mean REALLYYYYYY

wanted to see Red and Michaela tell Grant that is "fool proof" plan to destroy Caitlyn

FAILED, and that the fool lawyer he turned, wanted soooo badly to please him, went off script and fucked up everything for him. Because I love how Nora writes when villains realize/have been told they weren't as smart as they think they are.

Some called the ending abrupt. I didn't think so. But I wanted that scene I described above, so I wouldn't have to imagine it.

Oooh! Thought of another Nora Classic that I think you'd really like @DearEvette, if you hadn't read it already: Private Scandals. Set in the world of Daytime Talk Shows/First Persian Gulf War. I just ADORE 🥰💘🥰😍🥰Finn🥰💘🥰😍🥰

• Love 1

I just finished In Five Years by Rebecca Serle.  It took me on a journey I wasn't expecting.  I think I will be chewing on it for a little while.

Edited by Crs97
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I just finished In Five Years by Rebecca Serle.  It took me on a journey I wasn't expecting.  I think I will be chewing on it for a little while.

The Goodreads summary is intriguing. Would you recommend it? 

Yes I think I would, but if you think you are getting a breezy Nora Ephron read, you aren’t.  She quotes her at the beginning and it starts that way, but it doesn’t end that way.  

• Love 2

I'm reading The Devil in the White City. Murder, Magic and Madness at the Fair that Changed America  by Erik Larson.

This the true story of Chicago in the 1890's when the World's Fair was conceived and built while an unknown serial killer was on the loose. 

Parts of the story are terrifying but the history is exceptional. Although nonfiction,  it mostly reads like a novel.

Edited by tres bien
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, tres bien said:

I'm reading The Devil in the White City. Murder, Magic and Madness at the Fair that Changed America  by Erik Larson.

This the true story of Chicago in the 1890's when the World's Fair was conceived and built while an unknown serial killer was on the loose. 

Parts of the story are terrifying but the history is exceptional. Although nonfiction,  it mostly reads like a novel.

I read this several years ago for a book club and really enjoyed it.  I really should read more by Larsson.

So, I finished The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett last night (er....early this morning) and am still in awe of it.  I feel like I only captured about 1% of it--but I have a podcast episode about it saved up to listen to and it will be the first book in a new book club my friend and I are starting where we only read books by marginalized authors.

I also have Darling Rose Gold going, but I'm finding it a little too unsettling, so I'm not sure I'll finish it.

Next up is Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate, which I'm not especially excited about. but it is the book of the moment for 2 book clubs (I know it sounds like my life is nothing but book clubs!) so I really should read it.  I may be dropping my current IRL book club and stick with just my postal group and my new marginalized authors book club because it keeps choosing books like this.

• Love 4

Before We Were Yours-I read it for my book club and found half terrific with the other half a bad romance novel.  My fellow bookworms admitted they just fast forwarded or completely skipped the schlocky bits to get to the great stuff.

22 hours ago, tres bien said:

That is a great book.  I enjoyed the narrative about the World's Fair as much as I did the story about Holmes.  Larson has a way of ferreting out tidbits of history that you've probably never heard before.

Last night I finished The Binding by Bridget Collins.  It was sweet, nothing I'll remember after a while, but a nice enough diversion from all that's going on.  It's about people with the ability to remove memories from others, placing these memories in books, and what happens when this ability is exploited.  The style was interesting- the first third is about a POV character who has this ability but finds out in a violent way that he too has had his memory wiped.  The middle third is a flashback to what had happened.  The remainder of the book switches POV to another character involved in the mystery who has likewise had his memory erased.  It's pretty original and an enjoyable read.

• Love 2

I love Devil in the White City. I assigned it to a class once, but I don't think they liked it as much as I did.  Larson's Isaac's Storm is good too. I haven't read his others yet.

I just finished Lilac Girls, which i enjoyed very much and didn't realize two of the characters were real people until I was halfway in the novel. 

Edited by Constant Viewer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2