Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Face the Music

• Start Topic

Just now, Roseanna said:

But maybe the time had already changed a bit - or family doctor could keep the suicide secret.

We see in the trailer for next week’s episode that George finds out that it’s a suicide so I’m guessing it will get around.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, izabella said:

It would be interesting to see if Marion would be wiling to give up her own status for a scrappy lawyer.  She says a lot of things that sound like class and status don't matter to her, but I'm not convinced she would want to be a lawyer's wife.  She did seem excited about his proposal, and she didn't say no, though!

What's wrong with marrying a lawyer? That is, if she loves him.

Besides, Marian has no money, so can she realistically hope for a better suitor? If Aunt Agnes dies, her fortune goes to Oscar. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Cheezwiz said:

I was expecting Mrs. Chamberlain's scandal to be way more... scandalous. I realize I'm looking at it from a 21st century perspective, but surely that's something that happened ALL the time, I can't imagine all of of her peers giving her the cold shoulder long term. Gossip and titillation yes, but I was imagining something that actually harmed others - an affair or financial swindling of some sort.

It couldn't be usual in the circles where it wasn't proper for a girl to be alone with a man. 

On the other hand, peasant youths in Nordic countries usually began to sleep together after the engagement that was considered legally binding. 

• Useful 7
30 minutes ago, Cheezwiz said:

I feel sorry for Gladys being in his fortune-hunting crosshairs.

She isn't caught yet. Remember that Mrs Russell hopes a better match for her daughter. I guess also Mr Russell wouldn't trust his daughter to a man who is no good but just spends time. Both parents would also let investigate Oscar to find out if he had any skeletons in his closet (f.ex. a mistress or gambling debts). 

Oscar's only chance is the traditional one: if he succeeds to sleep with Gladys, the parents must yield to marriage.  

• Love 4

Ada told the old friend that she had lived with Agnes since Agnes's husband died 10 years ago.  So where was she living before that, since Henry long ago sold the family's land, house, and possessions?

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I think they'd be ok with Oscar due to the Old Money Prestige he would bring to a marriage.

Mrs Russell has already said that Gladys will make a better match than Oscar. Which is true, but the danger is that she can't meet such better men until coming-out. 

But whatever Mrs Russell aims, it's Mr Russell who, as Gladys' guardian, decides about her marriage. I believe that he understands the danger of marrying his daughter a man like Oscar who will spend her dowry in few years and then asks for more from his father-in-law.   

• Love 6

Mrs Russell has already said that Gladys will make a better match than Oscar. Which is true, but the danger is that she can't meet such better men until coming-out. 

Assuming she'd match with someone better, yes. But if they have to do with her marrying Oscar, my point is they would be ok with it (well, Bertha would, at any rate).

I believe that he understands the danger of marrying his daughter a man like Oscar who will spend her dowry in few years and then asks for more from his father-in-law.   

That's a risk they will be taking with anyone from the Old Money crowd.

Also, Oscar will be inheriting a decent inheritance of his own anyway, he just wants a bit more and knows a good way to get it will be by marrying the daughter of a New Money tycoon.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, ZeeEnnui said:

Whatever with the lawyer luvah. The first episode Marian wanted nothing to do with him, the second she was polite, and the third she's not saying no to a very rushed proposal. I guess Lady's Liberty's forearm was a great place for romantic feels [eye roll]. 

That's Fellowes' formula: a man tells a woman that she loves him and finally she yields to marry him. In Downton Abbey Tom told it to Sybil and Talbot told it to Mary.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Marian needs to find herself some suffragette meetings to go to.  Or just some other women her age.  Why is she having to spend time with the married wives.

I think Oscars bed buddy is his valet so he has an excuse to be at his house all the time.,

I thought it was implied that Mrs Chamberlain had a baby out of wedlock and they tried to imply that it wasn't her baby and the kid was adopted.  That the kid was a year older than he was supposed to be.

The maid wants to be a rich mans mistress.  She wants him to buy her a house and fancy clothes.  Better than being a maid.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, meatball77 said:

Marian needs to find herself some suffragette meetings to go to.  Or just some other women her age.  Why is she having to spend time with the married wives.

Because this is fiction and there is (so far) no need to new characters - they should have a role in the plot.  

Plus, Marian has a friend of her age and confidante - Peggy who also has a plot of her own. And her reaction is needed as a opposite to those of her aunts and their married friends. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, meatball77 said:

I thought it was implied that Mrs Chamberlain had a baby out of wedlock and they tried to imply that it wasn't her baby and the kid was adopted.  That the kid was a year older than he was supposed to be.

No, Ada told Marian that the baby was born "too early". That means that the baby was born when she was married to her husband but before seven months had gone from the wedding which meant that they had had sex before they married. The couple had said that the baby was adopted but on the basis of the baby's age they weren't believed.   

• Love 3
4 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

I thought the idea was that Russell actually was going to stop before things got too bad and Morris killed himself before he realized that?

Russell was asked to change his mind but he refused. 

I don't claim to understand the plot wholly, but maybe the others had made debts which they believed to pay by making money with speculation.     

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Roseanna said:

If I could imagine a season finale, it would include Bertha finally being able to fill a ballroom for Gladys’s debut.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Does Oscar just keep that dude in a box under his bed or something? They are always making out in his room. I feel sorry for Gladys being in his fortune-hunting crosshairs.

Did you see shirtless John Adams? I'm surprised Oscar restricts the making out to his room, if it is his room. Maybe it's John's room? Or a hookup pad?

4 hours ago, meatball77 said:

I think Oscars bed buddy is his valet so he has an excuse to be at his house all the time.,

Agnes thought John Adams was a prospect for Marian in episode one so he must have money.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

I thought the idea was that Russell actually was going to stop before things got too bad and Morris killed himself before he realized that? In which case his wife might be okay and a widow. She'd be more interesting if she was still around with a grudge.

George Russell never relayed the message to the aldermen that he would stop. He indicated to the aldermen that he would keep going as punishment for the Morrises snubbing Bertha.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I was surprised that John Adams seemed so put out by Oscar’s intentions to marry Gladys. It can’t have been rare for wealthy gay/bi men to marry for money/status/a beard back in those days.  Even if John didn’t wish to do it himself or didn’t like Oscar’s plans I thought he’d at least understand it.  But he seemed genuinely shocked and bewildered when Oscar told him.

• Love 13

It probably wasn't all that rare, I'm sure there were wealthy gay/bi men who stayed in the closet while marrying and having kids. Fellows does have his checklist of things that happened that he likes to go through on his shows, so Oscar is definitely one of them.

It's possible John was more shocked that Oscar was going to do it begin with, as John maybe had no idea Oscar was looking for a wallet/beard. Maybe he assumed Oscar and he would live the rest of their lives as confirmed bachelors, as Oscar being married would lead to a big lifestyle change for both men.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Roseanna said:

Oh poor Ada!

But Agnes really seems to recognize men who have wrong motives! Is she right about Mr Raikes, too? 

I think she is.  I don’t think he’s a fortune hunter but there’s more than one way to be unscrupulous.  

but I warned last week.  Marion told this guy hard no and he disregarded her and moved any way 

Edited by dmc
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Ada’s former boo, Cornelius Eckhard III, didn’t have any money or prospects according to Agnes. How exactly did he end up mingling in this Old Money group?

I supposed because his birth (Mayflower etc.) Of course he must have had some means he had lived for decades with (late wife? soldier?)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, meatball77 said:

If she had born a baby before her marriage, the father must have been somebody else, not her husband, but Ada said that they "had known each other" (i.e. had sex) before the marriage. In that case the only reason why they wouldn't have married before the baby was born were that he was already married (and then his wife died or he divorced - but Ada would have known those scandalous things) or that she couldn't contact him for a long time (perhaps abroad?). Also, a kid who was a year older than than their marriage could well be believed to be adopted from a relative. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

Ada’s former boo, Cornelius Eckhard III, didn’t have any money or prospects according to Agnes. How exactly did he end up mingling in this Old Money group?

He said he was the uncle of either Mrs Morris or Mrs Faine so family ties.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, dmc said:

I think she is.  I don’t think he’s a fortune hunter but there’s more than one way to be unscrupulous.  

but I warned last week.  Marion told this guy hard no and he disregarded her and moved any way 

Well, it wasn't a long time when it was supposed that a woman's "no" meant "perhaps" and "perhaps" meant "yes". Countless romance glorify men who nowadays are regarded as stalkers.

Before all, actions speak louder than words: why on earth did Marian promise to meet him in the park? 

Edited by Roseanna
clarifying meaning
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Roseanna said:

Well, it wasn't a long time when it was supposed that a woman's "no" was supposed to mean "perhaps" and perhaps meant "yes". Countless romance glorify men who nowadays are regarded as stalkers.

Before all, actions speak louder than words: why on earth did Marian promise to meet him in the park? 

It’s always meant no.  And men now still disregard it.  Those men are more often than not, creeps. I am betting he’s a creep. 

and I feel like even now women overlook this initial creep behavior to usually bad results.  

Because it essentially means he didn’t care what she wanted.  Also he knows her father has just died and left her in a vulnerable position which he’s exploiting. 

I feel like I’m pretty much always agree with Mrs. van rhijn.  I also agree with her about avoiding Bertha and George who are the worst 

Edited by dmc
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, ZeeEnnui said:

Two characters that really need to read a room: Marian and Mrs. Russell's Lady's Maid Who Wants a Piece of Mr. Russell's Beard and Fortune. 

The miscalculation this show has made with Marian is that they seem to think she's a plucky young upstart who is shaking things up because she's not a part of New York establishment. And, that might have worked with an actress who could actually act -- apparently the Streep Talent Gene got used up by Mamie and Grace -- but Louisa Jacobson just can't pull off charming, compelling or more interesting than watching paint dry. The last two episodes all she does is say "but the Russell's have money, let them spend it." Wash, rinse, repeat. Yes, and you've been told why that's not gonna happen. Did the Gilded Age have a slow carriage because Marian should take a ride on that. I feel pretty sure that we were ALL Ada when she told Marian to STFU at the lunch. 

Whatever with the lawyer luvah. The first episode Marian wanted nothing to do with him, the second she was polite, and the third she's not saying no to a very rushed proposal. I guess Lady's Liberty's forearm was a great place for romantic feels [eye roll]. 

As for Turner -- and, yes I had to go to IMDB to figure out the characters name. The cast is waaay too big -- the lady's maid. Gurrrlll, have you not noticed that Mr. Russell is hot for Bertha? For someone who is supposedly so devious she really can't take a hint...he's not that into you. Also, probably not dumb enough to step out with the help.

More John Adams shirtless, please. You go, Oscar!

Yes to every word! 

I saw it coming with Morris and it made me feel very sad.

What was the deal with Bertha’s Aggressive Nipples Nightgown? At first I thought it was a design with bizarrely yet strategically places buttons lol.

The scheming maid is making me nervous! I really  wish I could find spoilers for this show!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, dmc said:

It’s always meant no.  And men now still disregard it.  Those men are more often than not, creeps. I am betting he’s a creep. 

and I feel like now women overlook this initial creep behavior to usually bad results 

Times and habits are different. And people can also change their minds.

That said, in those days and circles unmarried people read signs. A man made the first subtle initiative in such a way that if a woman wanted ti could decline it, she could do without a man losing his face. If she accepted, the man made the second initiative and so on. In the end, a man who had courted publicly a woman but didn't propose to her, was a cad.

Thus, a proposal was not made "out of blue" like Mr Raikes did. But Marian should have said "no" - now she gave him hope. If she has really decided that that marrying him is impossible but still agrees to meet him, and on the top of it secret, she is an utter fool - or bored.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Roseanna said:

Times and habits are different. And people can also change their minds.

That said, in those days and circles unmarried people read signs. A man made the first subtle initiative in such a way that if a woman wanted ti could decline it, she could do without a man losing his face. If she accepted, the man made the second initiative and so on. In the end, a man who had courted publicly a woman but didn't propose to her, was a cad.

Thus, a proposal was not made "out of blue" like Mr Raikes did. But Marian should have said "no" - now she gave him hope. If she has really decided that that marrying him is impossible but still agrees to meet him, and on the top of it secret, she is an utter fool - or bored.

I don’t feel that habit of unilaterally deciding what you want is more important than another’s wants has changed at all. 

He moved to NY for her, so he already had hope.

Edited by dmc
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, DiabLOL said:

Yes to every word! 

I saw it coming with Morris and it made me feel very sad.

What was the deal with Bertha’s Aggressive Nipples Nightgown? At first I thought it was a design with bizarrely yet strategically places buttons lol.

The scheming maid is making me nervous! I really  wish I could find spoilers for this show!

I’m not sure the deal with the maid. I don’t feel George has encouraged her in the slightest.  So it seems stupid on her part. Also Bertha Is a shark.

this show differs from Downton abbey in the sense that it made me care for even the schemers.  I don’t know I actually care about anyone on this show yet.  Some I like but still don’t care for

Edited by dmc
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I felt so bad for Peggy.  While I totally understand her position, I honestly think that if I had been in her position, I would have made the changes and cashed the check.  Sometimes you have to do the pragmatic thing.  Save the money now, and work to get your later work (which would likely also be better) published under your own name in the future. 

Peggy’s father said she should submit her writing to The New York Globe.  There was a paper by that name, but it was not founded until 1904.  However, I think in this world it is supposed to be a black-owned paper of the time.  Peggy said she sent her stories there but never heard back from them.

I’m curious as to what Peggy’s father does and why she’s so opposed to working for him.  They’re clearly a wealthy family, and I get the feeling that Peggy’s refusal to work for him goes beyond simply wanting to forge her own path.

Edited by eejm
  • Love 2

Omg I meant to post this.  Over the weekend I was reading a book that referenced Jay Gould who George is supposed to be based on and some major conspiracy on the price of gold.  Apparently he and some unscrupulous pal who was somehow related to President Grant raised the position on gold and basically effed a lot of people.  Gould was charged but acquitted and president Grant who some believed was involved never recovered 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, dmc said:

I’m not sure the deal with the maid. I don’t feel George has encouraged her in the slightest.  So it seems stupid on her part. Also Bertha Is a shark.

this show differs from Downton abbey in the sense that it made me care for even the schemers.  I don’t know I actually care about anyone on this show yet.  Some I like but still don’t care for

I dislike all three of them but I’m watching their story with more stress and curiosity than all the others. I can’t figure out Georges subtle expressions when talking to her. She’s really aggressive with her passes and I can’t tell if he’s amused but has zero intentions of of taking her up on it or absolutely can’t wait to. If he does, Bertha is sure to find out and that will be terrifying.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, DiabLOL said:

I dislike all three of them but I’m watching their story with more stress and curiosity than all the others. I can’t figure out Georges subtle expressions when talking to her. She’s really aggressive with her passes and I can’t tell if he’s amused but has zero intentions of of taking her up on it or absolutely can’t wait to. If he does, Bertha is sure to find out and that will be terrifying.

I think we’re seeing the beginnings of a scheme.  We saw in this episode that the bald valet has an interest in the maid.  She has her sights set on George, who I think is amused but uninterested in her.  I think George will rebuff her, she’ll seduce the valet, become pregnant, and try to pin it on George.  I could see her possibly drugging George and climbing into bed with him to make him think they slept together.  The maid is a truly odious character and I doubt she has any scruples whatsoever.

Edited by eejm
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, eejm said:

I think we’re seeing the beginnings of a scheme.  We saw in this episode that the bald valet has an interest in the maid.  She has her sights set on George, who I think is amused but uninterested in her.  I think George will rebuff her, she’ll seduce the valet, become pregnant, and try to pin it on George.  I could see her possibly drugging George and climbing into bed with him to make him think they slept together.  The maid is a truly odious character and I doubt she has any scruples whatsoever.

I didn’t know what to make of him listening in! Interesting theory!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I really love this period in American history and am intrigued enough by the stories. The dialog definitely needs to improve.

Also, I expected to hear a laugh track after observing the facial expression after many of George's lines.

I feel bad for Peggy and Ada. I forgot what part of NYC Peggy was from. Does anybody remember? It would be nice if they tied in the black settlement of Seneca Village.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Enigma X said:

I feel bad for Peggy and Ada. I forgot what part of NYC Peggy was from. Does anybody remember? It would be nice if they tied in the black settlement of Seneca Village.

Peggy is from Brooklyn.

I believe Seneca Village would not have been there by this time considering that a completed Central Park exists in the show.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ZeeEnnui said:

Gurrrlll, have you not noticed that Mr. Russell is hot for Bertha? For someone who is supposedly so devious she really can't take a hint...he's not that into you. Also, probably not dumb enough to step out with the help.

And if he did want to step out:

1. surely he could do better than Ms. Hatchet-face.

2. he wouldn't be stupid enough to fool around right under his wife's nose.

• Love 12

The person I watched this episode with gasped and said "That poor man!" when Morris killed himself.

I'm sorry, but "poor man" nothing.  That group set out to mercilessly and mirthfully ruin George and had apparently done it many times in the past to others.  Then, the one time it doesn't work out, he gives up and kills himself.  At least Bertha told George "hey, if we lose, we'll just start again.  We can do it."  Maybe it's a product of being screwed over myself, but I was glad when he got around them.

That being said, though, I do understand why the old money was resisting the new, at least as told in this story.  The Morgans  RUSSELLS (? is that right?  George and Bertha) seem so crass and almost like bullies.  "You will love me OR ELSE!!"  People aren't drawn to that.  Being quiet and less showy would be more impressive to the old money crones, although that doesn't make for as compelling a drama.  But these people are the worst.  All of them, new and old.

ETA:  Russell.  Their name is Russell.  I'll figure it out.

Edited by bunnyface
  • Love 15

I'm having a difficult time rooting for anyone on this show, except possibly Ada and Peggy. I don't like either the Russells or the Old Money crowd. Sometimes I'm OK with that; for example, my favorite (current) show is Succession, in which all the main characters are quite awful. But that show has sterling writing and an amazing cast, and sometimes I do feel bad for the characters or root for their shenanigans. The Gilded Age, to me, has so-so writing and an inconsistent cast, and I find most of the characters completely unsympathetic.

I assumed, when I started watching the show, that we were supposed to root for the Russells. I don't. Yes, it would be nice to see the plucky upstarts shake things up, but they are just as bad if not worse than the Old Money crowd. 

I'll keep watching, if only for the beautiful costumes and sets.

• Like 1
  • Love 12

Remember that Mrs Russell hopes a better match for her daughter.

Since much of this story is ripped from real life (and books), I predict a nearly penniless member of the English landed aristocracy. (I.e., Consuelo Vanderbilt and ninth Duke of Marlborough)

Louisa Jacobson just can't pull off charming, compelling or more interesting than watching paint dry.

She is horrible. And occupies so much of the story.

What was the deal with Bertha’s Aggressive Nipples Nightgown?

Full frontal is the rage over at HBO and Hulu, but we have to settle for Tasteful Hints of Nipple.

Peggy's not destitute, right? She has a job working as Agnes' secretary.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

I'm having a difficult time rooting for anyone on this show, except possibly Ada and Peggy. I don't like either the Russells or the Old Money crowd. Sometimes I'm OK with that; for example, my favorite (current) show is Succession, in which all the main characters are quite awful. But that show has sterling writing and an amazing cast, and sometimes I do feel bad for the characters or root for their shenanigans. The Gilded Age, to me, has so-so writing and an inconsistent cast, and I find most of the characters completely unsympathetic.

I assumed, when I started watching the show, that we were supposed to root for the Russells. I don't. Yes, it would be nice to see the plucky upstarts shake things up, but they are just as bad if not worse than the Old Money crowd. 

I'll keep watching, if only for the beautiful costumes and sets.

I cannot root for anyone either.  I'm really curious if we are supposed to be.

I guess I am rooting for Peggy to get a story published under her real name.  In 1887 Nelly Bly went undercover in a mental institution in search of a story...why not Peggy

• Love 7

I had trouble following the financial scheme of Mr. Russell's. So, the aldermen bought stock in his company on the margin, which means (to my understanding) they borrowed the money to buy that stock. Meaning they would only have to pay for it at the price it was when they bought it, even after it went up. So wouldn't they want the price to go up? Wasn't that the plan all along, that the stock would rise when they voted for the new station, and they would have stock worth much more than they paid for? How did it benefit them if the stock price fell instead, and why did it ruin them to have the stock price rise which is what they planned for when Russell and Morris hatched this plot?

I was so excited for Peggy when she got her publisher's letter, but then reality set in.  Poor Peggy. 

My heart when out to her as well, and I suspected from the start they didn't know she was black. But realistically she should have taken the money and run, and would have, I think, given the era and her circumstances. Her pride was a little too modern for that time, frankly.

So does that maid's plans to get more out of life involve sleeping with Russell? Because she seems to have chosen the worst house in the world to try to...I don't know. She can't think he'd marry her or anything, I guess, but living in the house you'd think she'd notice that the guy loves his wife and that his wife would not think twice about chopping somebody up in a pie for trying it. 

My prediction is that she will crawl into bed with Russell when he is drunk and he will think he is sleeping with his wife. Because that is what happens on soap operas. And then she will start blackmailing him. And then get murdered. And then there will be a big murder mystery which Russell will be arrested for. 

I think Oscars bed buddy is his valet so he has an excuse to be at his house all the time.

He's a descendent of John Q. Adams so no, I don't think he's a servant. As noted above he was initially considered a suitable match for Marian when he was first introduced.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, AntFTW said:

The ruthlessness doesn't surprise me at all. George was willing to spend the extra money to build a new railroad right beside an existing railroad as opposed to buying the existing railroad just to make a point.

It was more than that--it was laying groundwork.  He said because of this incident, when he's negotiating with people in the future, they'll know that his counter-offer is the last one he's going to give, and they'd better take it. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

I was expecting Mrs. Chamberlain's scandal to be way more... scandalous. I realize I'm looking at it from a 21st century perspective, but surely that's something that happened ALL the time, I can't imagine all of of her peers giving her the cold shoulder long term. Gossip and titillation yes, but I was imagining something that actually harmed others - an affair or financial swindling of some sort.

I’m sure there’s more to her then just that.  They did get married.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I had trouble following the financial scheme of Mr. Russell's. So, the aldermen bought stock in his company on the margin, which means (to my understanding) they borrowed the money to buy that stock. Meaning they would only have to pay for it at the price it was when they bought it, even after it went up. So wouldn't they want the price to go up? Wasn't that the plan all along, that the stock would rise when they voted for the new station, and they would have stock worth much more than they paid for? How did it benefit them if the stock price fell instead, and why did it ruin them to have the stock price rise which is what they planned for when Russell and Morris hatched this plot?

My heart when out to her as well, and I suspected from the start they didn't know she was black. But realistically she should have taken the money and run, and would have, I think, given the era and her circumstances. Her pride was a little too modern for that time, frankly.

My prediction is that she will crawl into bed with Russell when he is drunk and he will think he is sleeping with his wife. Because that is what happens on soap operas. And then she will start blackmailing him. And then get murdered. And then there will be a big murder mystery which Russell will be arrested for. 

He's a descendent of John Q. Adams so no, I don't think he's a servant. As noted above he was initially considered a suitable match for Marian when he was first introduced.

My thought was she is offering herself up hoping that their marriage will become strained at some point or playing the long game.  

• Useful 1

Louisa Jacobson is so terrible, she’s a mumbling blur on my screen in all her scenes. Really a weak point in this show.

I really don’t know what the best move for Peggy should be. I’d say take the money and then really put all your energy into getting published elsewhere without all the lies BUT that wouldn’t work if she used her real name in all the places. 

• Love 8