Type keyword(s) to search

Secrets Of Playboy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

A lot of these women were also very underweight. 🤷‍♀️ They’re the ones who have consistently gotten a pass in our society, IMHO. Both unhealthy. 

Yes, that was actually discussed a bit in the documentary. 

Holly Madison didn't feel thin enough during GND. Bridget was sometimes considered the fat one. All three women had beautiful bodies, were small, and actually all around the same size. Holly said herself it was silly their bodies were considered so different when weight wise, not so much. But in that world, having the slightest bit of meat on your body (that's not on your chest) stood out because everyone was so slim. 

I'm not judging women either way. In the 90s and into the 2000s, there was a ton of pressure in general to be skinny. It was almost this attitude that if you were bigger than Ally McBeal, you were fat. 

Luckily the pressure to be super skinny calmed down somewhat, but then we have more pressure to be curvy. I've personally felt both pressures. I struggled with an eating disorder in my teens. I still deal with body image issues, but have a much more healthy attitude towards food and weight. (If I'm not thin enough for someone's insane standards, I don't care. If some folks assume I must not eat enough because I'm still skinny, I don't care either.) I know some people here are super against breast implants, and I understand it's not the wisest decision for health because there are some risks. I do think I'd be happier with my body if I had more curvature, so I haven't ruled it out. I applaud women who own the way they do naturally no matter what, but I'm not there. I'm also not sure if I see anything really wrong with plastic surgery, so long as it's done with a lot of thought and not because a man or someone pressured you into it. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Holly Madison didn't feel thin enough during GND. Bridget was sometimes considered the fat one. All three women had beautiful bodies, were small, and actually all around the same size. Holly said herself it was silly their bodies were considered so different when weight wise, not so much. But in that world, having the slightest bit of meat on your body (that's not on your chest) stood out because everyone was so slim. 

I'm not judging women either way. In the 90s and into the 2000s, there was a ton of pressure in general to be skinny. It was almost this attitude that if you were bigger than Ally McBeal, you were fat. 

Luckily the pressure to be super skinny calmed down somewhat, but then we have more pressure to be curvy. I've personally felt both pressures. I struggled with an eating disorder in my teens. I still deal with body image issues, but have a much more healthy attitude towards food and weight. (If I'm not thin enough for someone's insane standards, I don't care. If some folks assume I must not eat enough because I'm still skinny, I don't care either.) I know some people here are super against breast implants, and I understand it's not the wisest decision for health because there are some risks. I do think I'd be happier with my body if I had more curvature, so I haven't ruled it out. I applaud women who own the way they do naturally no matter what, but I'm not there. I'm also not sure if I see anything really wrong with plastic surgery, so long as it's done with a lot of thought and not because a man or someone pressured you into it. 

You be you! Women are beautiful and powerful at all sizes and shapes. And we shouldn’t see ourselves through the lens of the male gaze. 

https://theeverydaymagazine.co.uk/opinion/womens-greatest-performance-the-internalised-male-gaze

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

"Predator Number One". In public, Hefner continually professed that he wanted to protect his "girls next door." But he continually failed. Never before heard stories from Playmate Susie Krabacher, mansion employees Stefan and Stella Tetanbaum, and Sondra Theodore reveal the dark truth that Hefner was the Mansion's Predator Number One. 

Wow, I'm really starting to hate Hugh Hefner now!

• Love 7

Wow, it truly was a good Ole boys club. 

I'm glad Miki and the others found each other and have given the few who participated a platform. 

I feel bad for Dorothy, who was nothing but a piece of meat to both Hef and her ex-husband. And here she was brutally murdered and Hef didn't give two shits since he had used her up. What a giant asshole.

• Love 3

Wow - whoever said previously that if he hadn't had this life he could have been a serial killer was spot on.  Even I was surprised by his rape of the woman who told her story (Susan?) and then him going in to rooms with his master key and climbing in their beds - mostly because I've always seen him as sort of asexual, with a possible predilection for men.  But of course there was no sense of attraction, or wooing or seduction, just drugs and brute force.  That bit did not surprise me at all.

Mary and Marilyn as Hef's female enforcers - I wonder about the psychology behind their roles and their extreme unattractiveness.

Early in the ep they showed Old Man Hef being interviewed by some sycophant who was saying, "Everybody in the world wants your life" and Old Man Hef was nodding, saying "I know, I know" in perfect seriousness.  What a narcissist.  Then that sentiment was repeated several times by other sycophantic interviewers.  I guess they felt they had to act that way but it's hardly true. 

I'm going with my mom to her uncle's funeral tomorrow - he was 93, made a good living at his own business and was fit and healthy enough until he died, much like Hef, only he had years with a wife and daughters, and tomorrow will be mourned by his children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews.  Who was Hef surrounded by when he died - Crystal and the ludicrous Shannon twins?  I think even they had bailed by then.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, princelina said:

Who was Hef surrounded by when he died -

I would guess his two sons?  And daughter??

Edited by MsTree
Almost forgot about Christie
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, princelina said:

Mary and Marilyn as Hef's female enforcers - I wonder about the psychology behind their roles and their extreme unattractiveness.

Wow, Mary seemed like a sweet little old lady on GND. Now she's sinister. 😲

Was The Cryptkeeper based on Marilyn? I know shouldn't judge people based on their appearance, but she's downright scary😱

• Love 3
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

I would guess his two sons?  And daughter??

Hef also has an older son David (from his first wife Millie) who stays out of the public eye. Apparently he has a computer company. If he ever writes a book, I’d be interested.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Until I learned that Mary had been either a Bunny or Playmate when she was younger it always seemed strange that she was so unfazed by the shenanigans at the mansion. Now it all makes sense.  Although Hef had the arm candy in GND he seemed to have a definite connection with Mary when they were together in her office.

Also, Mary's significant other was known as Captain Bob.  Enty lawyer had a blind item about the way Hef had destroyed the tapes in the secret vault was to go out into the ocean and drop them overboard.  This was somewhat confirmed in the latest episode.  If he died before he could accomplish it himself Mary was tasked to carry it out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Finished the latest ep. Still trying to process it all. I'm glad these women have found each other and can be a support group. I would love to know more of what happened to Sondra. Reading between the lines, I'm guessing that she became an addict and lost custody of her children and may not have a relationship to them to this day. 

I do wonder what would have happened to Dorothy Stratton if she lived. Would she have had a big acting career? She was onto a good start being cast in the Peter Bogdanovich movie. 

• Love 6

I’d like to think I’d have intervened or called for help if I saw someone being ‘brutalized.’ But I guess I shouldn’t judge. I have regrets in my life, but wow, I can’t imagine living with myself knowing I let so many young girls be destroyed while I covered for the perpetrator. Let alone, knowing I was helping to lure them in. Again, it’s not my place to judge, but it’s kind of hard not to.

• Love 9
On 3/20/2022 at 12:20 PM, Enero said:

Anna was a blond bombshell. She might not have been a size 2, but she was hardly obese. She had a perfect body of curves when she modeled for Guess and Playboy. Perhaps due to the changing times, but she’s considered one of the most iconic models to ever represent Guess.

For a period in her career after Guess and Playboy she did get quite heavy. However, by the time she passed away she’d slimmed down and had been that way for a few years I think. 

She was big on her reality  show  The Anna Nicole show. Then she got slim with Trim Spa

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

I’d like to think I’d have intervened or called for help if I saw someone being ‘brutalized.’ But I guess I shouldn’t judge. I have regrets in my life, but wow, I can’t imagine living with myself knowing I let so many young girls be destroyed while I covered for the perpetrator. Let alone, knowing I was helping to lure them in. Again, it’s not my place to judge, but it’s kind of hard not to.

That’s exactly what Holly and Bridget were known to do in their early days with Hef - lure in young girls to come home with them and participate in the sad “orgies” after their nightclub jaunts. Sickening. 

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Let me ask you this - if you suddenly found yourself living in a world without men, would you still be as concerned with the shape of your body? No judgment - I just find it interesting. I know for myself, I would probably dress somewhat differently at times. Would all of those girls living with Hef had wanted and had him pay for multiple plastic surgeries if they weren’t concerned about what men would think of their bodies? 

• Useful 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

You be you! Women are beautiful and powerful at all sizes and shapes. And we shouldn’t see ourselves through the lens of the male gaze. 

https://theeverydaymagazine.co.uk/opinion/womens-greatest-performance-the-internalised-male-gaze

Thank you! I have conflicting thoughts when it comes to the male gaze. I think it's natural to want some attention and feel attractive, but it isn't always a good feeling to be sexualized at all times and every inch of you sized up. It's almost like women are all in this beauty pageant we didn't sign up for. I can't help that I'm skinny with an ass and I look curvy unless I wear baggy jeans/dresses. I also think it's annoying when some men think everything we do is for their gaze. For example, pretty dresses make me happy. 

33 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Let me ask you this - if you suddenly found yourself living in a world without men, would you still be as concerned with the shape of your body? No judgment - I just find it interesting. I know for myself, I would probably dress somewhat differently at times. Would all of those girls living with Hef had wanted and had him pay for multiple plastic surgeries if they weren’t concerned about what men would think of their bodies? 

I'm sure I would to a degree, but I'd probably worry less about my body. Also, some of what led to my eating disorder were comments from women. Men seem to like me more curvy. I have some family where if you have curves at all, you're fat. It's gotten better, but I also make a point to minimize interactions with people who trigger me, no matter man or woman.

Regarding other things I'm insecure about, to a degree. There are many things some men may find particularly attractive that I do not. As I'm sure you ladies know, a lot of men don't even know what they're talking about when it comes to what's realistic and what's not and can be quite hypocritical. "I like the natural look. I don't like lots of makeup, and breast implants are gross! Looks don't even matter!" Meanwhile they drool over the Pamela Andersons of the world and pick regular women apart. 

If I were to get implants, I know some men will hate that, and I don't really care. I also know some men may think I should go for a more over the top look, and that's not me. I'm a slender woman with a somewhat curvy lower body. I just want to feel more proportionate without a padded bra. 

I've maintained a healthy weight for years, but I know I still have issues. I'm trying to get back into therapy actually. 

One thing I do to protect myself is avoid dating men who focus a lot on looks, in particular ones who make misogynistic comments about other women, especially their mothers, mother of their children, exes, etc. I don't care what you've been through with this person, some stuff you just shouldn't say. Even if I were to get implants and get Playmate proportions, I know I may not be thin forever, my body could change if I have kids, etc. I try to take care of myself, but men who only want women for T&A are not worth my time. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Thank you! I have conflicting thoughts when it comes to the male gaze. I think it's natural to want some attention and feel attractive, but it isn't always a good feeling to be sexualized at all times and every inch of you sized up. It's almost like women are all in this beauty pageant we didn't sign up for. I can't help that I'm skinny with an ass and I look curvy unless I wear baggy jeans/dresses. I also think it's annoying when some men think everything we do is for their gaze. For example, pretty dresses make me happy. 

I'm sure I would to a degree, but I'd probably worry less about my body. Also, some of what led to my eating disorder were comments from women. Men seem to like me more curvy. I have some family where if you have curves at all, you're fat. It's gotten better, but I also make a point to minimize interactions with people who trigger me, no matter man or woman.

Regarding other things I'm insecure about, to a degree. There are many things some men may find particularly attractive that I do not. As I'm sure you ladies know, a lot of men don't even know what they're talking about when it comes to what's realistic and what's not and can be quite hypocritical. "I like the natural look. I don't like lots of makeup, and breast implants are gross! Looks don't even matter!" Meanwhile they drool over the Pamela Andersons of the world and pick regular women apart. 

If I were to get implants, I know some men will hate that, and I don't really care. I also know some men may think I should go for a more over the top look, and that's not me. I'm a slender woman with a somewhat curvy lower body. I just want to feel more proportionate without a padded bra. 

I've maintained a healthy weight for years, but I know I still have issues. I'm trying to get back into therapy actually. 

One thing I do to protect myself is avoid dating men who focus a lot on looks, in particular ones who make misogynistic comments about other women, especially their mothers, mother of their children, exes, etc. I don't care what you've been through with this person, some stuff you just shouldn't say. Even if I were to get implants and get Playmate proportions, I know I may not be thin forever, my body could change if I have kids, etc. I try to take care of myself, but men who only want women for T&A are not worth my time. 

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response! I hope I didn’t put you in an uncomfortable spot. I just find the topic interesting, especially in the context of Playboy and women’s changing appearances over the years. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response! I hope I didn’t put you in an uncomfortable spot. I just find the topic interesting, especially in the context of Playboy and women’s changing appearances over the years. 

No problem at all! :) I find the topic interesting as well. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

That’s exactly what Holly and Bridget were known to do in their early days with Hef - lure in young girls to come home with them and participate in the sad “orgies” after their nightclub jaunts. Sickening. 

Maybe that’s why Kendra hates Holly so much. I know it was Holly’s idea to bring her into the trio. 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Maybe that’s why Kendra hates Holly so much. I know it was Holly’s idea to bring her into the trio. 

But Kendra always talks about how Hef 'saved' her, or maybe she was brainwashed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Been catching episodes here are there and two things struck me, one disturbingly sad and the other is possibly the scientific discovery of the century. First, most of the round table ladies still held on to the long blond hair, puffed up boobs and lips aesthetic, long past their traumatizing Playboy experience. So sad that they still clung to that look after all this time. Secondly that Hef only had kids with his wives. His penis must have had a really good on off switch regulating his sperm. Now that's the item he should have been selling.

• LOL 2
21 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Hef only had kids with his wives. His penis must have had a really good on off switch regulating his sperm. Now that's the item he should have been selling.

It's hard to get a women pregnant via anal sex or while videotaping them having sex with someone else.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Atlanta said:

Reading between the lines, I'm guessing that she became an addict and lost custody of her children

...and her teeth (sorry, I couldn't resist 😜)

9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I also think it's annoying when some men think everything we do is for their gaze. For example, pretty dresses make me happy. 

Me too! Wanting to enjoy being attractive or wear pretty things isn't always for other people!

I'm from Vancouver, so the tragic story of Dorothy Stratten is well known here, but the first-hand account from the valet who witnessed her being assaulted by Hef was horrifying. I had always assumed that she may have skipped the mansion gauntlet because of the media attention she garnered, or perhaps may have been cajoled into sleeping with him as a one-off for the Playmate of the Year, which would have been bad enough. But considering how her young life ended, this was just an added layer of awfulness. So tragic for someone so sweet and innocent.

Agree with the poster above who theorized that Sondra Theodore's life must have taken a terrible detour into addiction of some kind, though it wasn't spelled out in the documentary. Glad some of the survivors have gotten to know one another and have a mutual support network now.

I feel awful for the women who got roped into acting as procurers. If you has any sort of conscience whatsoever, that would haunt you for a lifetime. It's little wonder some of them became addicts. I know we'd all like to think we'd do the right thing and protest and speak out, but people underestimate the level of manipulation (and frankly shock) involved. It's an insidious and clever tool used by predators - what better way to get victims to keep their mouths shut than by making them complicit? Worked really well for Jeffrey Epstein too.

I noticed a photo of the fashion designer Peter Nygard at one of the Playboy parties. At the moment there is a horrifying 2-part documentary about him airing in Canada on the CBC network. He employed many of the same techniques, except he was even more vicious and sadistic (if you can even imagine). Clearly these men were all cut from the same cloth. Birds of a feather and all that.

• Love 6

This story is horrifying. I really really really wish these people would’ve come forward while that piece of shit was still alive. But the more I watch the more I have to say I do not understand how no one came forward,  no one…no one that worked there, no one that knew what was going on, and none of the girls that were being victimized. I’ve said it before I don’t understand how you get raped or attacked, can see firsthand what’s going on in this place and you don’t just leave or never come back. last example was Dorothy Stratton being anally  raped by Hugh Hefner but did she stop going there.  A disturbing number of very emotionally or mentally unwell people being portrayed here. Some of them seem to come from caring families too. Were they all lacking in morals, lacking in a conscience marking in maturity, lacking in self-preservation? Was the lure of the spotlight & potential wealth etc. overriding safety,  concern for self & others, humanity, etc?  it really is a complicated mess.  I’d love for a psychiatrist to weigh in on this series .

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Nicmar said:

She was big on her reality  show  The Anna Nicole show. Then she got slim with Trim Spa.

Did you mean cocaine?

16 hours ago, Atlanta said:

Finished the latest ep.

Wait, this was the final ep? I saw a commercial for a new one next week with the Incest twins (wow, they look like the proverbial worn out wet blankets!). 🤔

• LOL 2
23 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

First, most of the round table ladies still held on to the long blond hair, puffed up boobs and lips aesthetic, long past their traumatizing Playboy experience. So sad that they still clung to that look after all this time.

I honestly think it's a really unattractive look (although Holly sort of pulls it off). Compared to how Barbi Benton looked, or some of those earlier Playmates (like the one who killed herself in the '70s)--their beauty was so much more natural. I mean, nobody has that candy floss hair past childhood.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, CeeBeeGee said:

I honestly think it's a really unattractive look (although Holly sort of pulls it off). Compared to how Barbi Benton looked, or some of those earlier Playmates (like the one who killed herself in the '70s)--their beauty was so much more natural. I mean, nobody has that candy floss hair past childhood.

I agree. The women of the 70s were by far the most beautiful. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CeeBeeGee said:

Barbi Benton was so pretty. I think she was the only woman that Hef respected and maybe actually loved. 

This is all so tragic and sad.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Barbi Benton was so pretty. I think she was the only woman that Hef respected and maybe actually loved. 

This is all so tragic and sad.

She was utterly gorgeous, which is why she was able to shake off the Playboy stigma and have her own career. (Also I'm not sure how much she showed--I don't think she was a Playmate and I remember and interview where she said "back then, you could get away with showing some shoulder and not the whole business" (paraphrasing).)

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, chediavolo said:

This story is horrifying. I really really really wish these people would’ve come forward while that piece of shit was still alive. But the more I watch the more I have to say I do not understand how no one came forward,  no one…no one that worked there, no one that knew what was going on, and none of the girls that were being victimized. I’ve said it before I don’t understand how you get raped or attacked, can see firsthand what’s going on in this place and you don’t just leave or never come back. last example was Dorothy Stratton being anally  raped by Hugh Hefner but did she stop going there.  A disturbing number of very emotionally or mentally unwell people being portrayed here. Some of them seem to come from caring families too. Were they all lacking in morals, lacking in a conscience marking in maturity, lacking in self-preservation? Was the lure of the spotlight & potential wealth etc. overriding safety,  concern for self & others, humanity, etc?  it really is a complicated mess.  I’d love for a psychiatrist to weigh in on this series .

Well said! I feel exactly the same way. And the more I saw...and the deeper they got into all that happened, it became sadder by the minute.

I just wish they hadn't started the series with Holly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, CeeBeeGee said:

She was utterly gorgeous, which is why she was able to shake off the Playboy stigma and have her own career. (Also I'm not sure how much she showed--I don't think she was a Playmate and I remember and interview where she said "back then, you could get away with showing some shoulder and not the whole business" (paraphrasing).)

She appeared nude. No one on playboy just showed a little shoulder! Who is she kidding? 

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

She appeared nude. No one on playboy just showed a little shoulder! Who is she kidding? 

This (the interview) was long time ago--at least 20 years, it's definitely possible I remembered incorrectly. I remember they showed a picture wherein she had (IIRC) a blanket that she was holding up to her breasts and she was looking over her shoulder to the camera. Maybe what she meant was it was before they started showing more than breasts (the series referred to that, when they started becoming more hardcore, to compete with Penthouse).

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

I wonder why the mansion was left to get in disrepair? I guess with the rise of the internet, buying a magazine went into decline (ew). Or could Hef no longer be bothered?

It seems like he just couldn’t be bothered, because he certainly spent millions on all of his live-in “girlfriends’” plastic surgeries, car leases, hair appointments, clothing, etc the last 20 years of his life. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

It seems like he just couldn’t be bothered, because he certainly spent millions on all of his live-in “girlfriends’” plastic surgeries, car leases, hair appointments, clothing, etc the last 20 years of his life. 

I heard that he thought his heyday was the 70s and he liked to keep the mansion frozen in time. He actually has some sort of ancient stereo system in his room.

However, that does not excuse him from not changing the shit-stained carpets.

• Love 5
On 3/22/2022 at 10:04 PM, Almost 3000 said:

Been catching episodes here are there and two things struck me, one disturbingly sad and the other is possibly the scientific discovery of the century. First, most of the round table ladies still held on to the long blond hair, puffed up boobs and lips aesthetic, long past their traumatizing Playboy experience. 

I was thinking about this too, I guess there’s still a lot of social capital to being viewed as “hot” well into your 50s? I remember in my early 20s I attended a comic book/ horror movie/ heavy metal convention near the Meadowlands in NJ, and there was a former Playmate there signing stuff (no idea who) and she had a great body and was dressed well, but when you got close you could see the signs of age. Of course guys were still lined up, so once a Playmate, always a Playmate I guess…

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think if you were ever in the modeling world whether as a high fashion model or a glamour model (AKA the PB models), they already are starting with good bones (literally and figuratively) and are less likely to 'let themselves go'. Look at the 80s and 90s supermodels and the 90s Playmates. They all still look amazing. I'm sure they are all very into exercise and genetics are a factor. And throw in some Botox and fillers.

• Love 4
On 3/22/2022 at 9:04 PM, Almost 3000 said:

Been catching episodes here are there and two things struck me, one disturbingly sad and the other is possibly the scientific discovery of the century. First, most of the round table ladies still held on to the long blond hair, puffed up boobs and lips aesthetic, long past their traumatizing Playboy experience. So sad that they still clung to that look after all this time. Secondly that Hef only had kids with his wives. His penis must have had a really good on off switch regulating his sperm. Now that's the item he should have been selling.

Maybe that’s why he seemed to prefer anal.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Atlanta said:

I think if you were ever in the modeling world whether as a high fashion model or a glamour model (AKA the PB models), they already are starting with good bones (literally and figuratively) and are less likely to 'let themselves go'. Look at the 80s and 90s supermodels and the 90s Playmates. They all still look amazing. I'm sure they are all very into exercise and genetics are a factor. And throw in some Botox and fillers.

Good points. The supermodels do tend to have way more $$$ than Playmates though, so I'm sure that's really going to help. 

I agree with you all that the older Playmates were the most beautiful overall, but my favorite beauty was actually Dasha. She appeared on Girls Next Door. 

49-hot-pictures-of-dasha-astafieva-which

I still haven't watched the last episode because it sounds so dark. :(

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe that’s why he seemed to prefer anal.

Or Gay but could not admit it to himself? Into degrading females? An all around nasty piece of shit? Have some problems with this show but boy do I wish these people had come out while this schmuck was still alive & cognizant. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

During the GND years and after, I believe the mansion was owned by Playboy Corporate and he was renting each bedroom for several thousand a month? So it might not have been technically “his” to refurbish, but you think they’d do the work if he complained enough. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MCMLXXVII said:

During the GND years and after, I believe the mansion was owned by Playboy Corporate and he was renting each bedroom for several thousand a month? So it might not have been technically “his” to refurbish, but you think they’d do the work if he complained enough. 

🤮🤮🤮🤮can you imagine how filthy & vile those rooms were?

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Atlanta said:

I wonder why the mansion was left to get in disrepair? I guess with the rise of the internet, buying a magazine went into decline (ew). Or could Hef no longer be bothered?

Didn't he sell the house a few years ago with the provision that he could live there until he died.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Atlanta said:

Priorities!

I seem to recall reading that the mansion was a dump when Girls Next Door was still showing new eps, and these were from former Playmate tell-alls. 😲

14 hours ago, qtpye said:

I heard that he thought his heyday was the 70s and he liked to keep the mansion frozen in time. He actually has some sort of ancient stereo system in his room.

I remember him being something of a hoarder, too. Didn't he have a huge room filled with scrapbooks? 🤔

• Love 5
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Good points. The supermodels do tend to have way more $$$ than Playmates though, so I'm sure that's really going to help. 

I agree with you all that the older Playmates were the most beautiful overall, but my favorite beauty was actually Dasha. She appeared on Girls Next Door. 

49-hot-pictures-of-dasha-astafieva-which

I still haven't watched the last episode because it sounds so dark. :(

Wasn't she the Playmate of the Millennium?

Very pretty.

A refreshing change from the bleached blonde look.

• Love 4