Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 1/10/22

Tammy12
  • Start Topic

Monday, January 10 – Kenan Thompson (“Kenan”; “Saturday Night Live”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, January 11 – Greg Kinnear (Broadway’s “To Kill a Mockingbird”)

Wednesday, January 12 – Alyssa Milano (“Brazen”)

Thursday, January 13 – Cecily Strong (play, “The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe”; “Saturday Night Live”)

Friday, January 14 – Chef Alex Guarnaschelli; ABC News chief meteorologist Ginger Zee (author, “A Little Closer to Home”)

Edited by Tammy12
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

I'm sure they will discuss Bob Sagett but I wonder if they will have someone come on to speak about him.  Somehow I don't think it will be Candace Cameron Bure if they do.

Joy probably knows him through the comedy circuit. And Whoopi as well.

Just now, TV Diva Queen said:

Just got an e-mail formThe View (1iota) for a special invite to join their virtual audience Jan 24. Yikes. So that’s another two weeks of remote View. 

It's possible they could go back to in-studio taping but with a virtual audience like before they went home the first time, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they're still at home at the end of the month 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Tammy12 said:

It's possible they could go back to in-studio taping but with a virtual audience like before they went home the first time, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they're still at home at the end of the month 

Oh yeah….that makes sense too. 

Whoopi completely mischaracterized the story about the in-laws who crashed the vacation!  The wife in question had recently suffered two miscarriages and the loss of a family member (her sister, I think).  They specifically asked if the in-laws' second home would be empty the week they wanted to use it.  And when they arrived the in-laws popped up from the house next door as a surprise AND expected to have dinner with the couple each night as well as do at least one activity together every day.  No matter how much you love your in-laws, or how much of an extrovert you are, that is NOT a "fun" surprise.  Boundaries people!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The show today really made me miss last week with Yvette Nicole Brown. Of course, the show is never the same without Joy.

Sara bores me and looked like she was struggling to read the teleprompter. Sunny thinks she knows it all.

• Love 3

I think that Ana was a little too generous with Justice Sotomayor's incorrect claim of the numbers of children with COVID. Sure, anyone can misspeak, but she made it sound as though there were 100,000 children currently ill (many on ventilators), when the reality is that that number would have encompassed the number of children identified as having COVID since 2020 (about 1.5 years) and not nearly that many on ventilators. When public people use inflated (or deflated, even) numbers only to support whatever their point is, they should be called out and should have to correct it. Not doing that just adds to the confusion and lack of trust around COVID protocols and treatments.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I get what sunny is saying about the quarantining, etc.  And it’s all well and good to say that if you e been exposed and don’t have symptoms, then wait and get tested before going back out…but that assumes one can actually get a PCR test. In my urban area you can’t get a PCR test without symptoms…if you’re just exposed or you’re traveling it’s extremely difficult to find an appointment..and even if you do results are taking several days.  So I have to rely on the self home test and abiding by the CDC rule which is, for vaccinated people with no symptoms and an exposure to a positive person, 10 days of wearing a mask when around others. (Easy to do here since there’s still a mask mandate anyway).  If I was actually living with someone who’s positive, then I might take further precautions.  But it’s not that easy to get tested here and sunnys wrong about expecting that to be the standard.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

But it’s not that easy to get tested here and sunnys wrong about expecting that to be the standard.    

It's not easy to get tested anywhere right now unless you have the time to wait in long lines. For people that are asymptomatic is it realistic for them to stay quarantined until they have a negative test? Assuming they can even be tested. I live in a state that has a large rural area and testing sites are few and far between.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

It's not easy to get tested anywhere right now unless you have the time to wait in long lines. For people that are asymptomatic is it realistic for them to stay quarantined until they have a negative test? Assuming they can even be tested. I live in a state that has a large rural area and testing sites are few and far between.

Well, I live in MD. Last month, I had exposure to someone who had tested positive because she was exposed. A colleague from work. She got sick and had COVID and got the infusion treatments. I didn't have any symptoms, but for damned sure I went to urgent care and got tested. I isolated myself for 10 days. Got the results in 36 hours. Negative, thank God.

But I don't live in a rural area, and there were no lines and I was the only one there.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, I live in MD. Last month, I had exposure to someone who had tested positive because she was exposed. A colleague from work. She got sick and had COVID and got the infusion treatments. I didn't have any symptoms, but for damned sure I went to urgent care and got tested. I isolated myself for 10 days. Got the results in 36 hours. Negative, thank God.

But I don't live in a rural area, and there were no lines and I was the only one there.

As I’d said in my post, in a major metropolitan area and, unless I pay for it ($150 and up), there are simply no appointments available.  Would love to do a PCR test but can’t.  I’ve looked for four days on multiple sites, refreshing several times per day, and nothing.  My HMO is so overwhelmed they can’t test you unless you have symptoms. And our county has requested that people NOT go to urgent care mist for testing…assuming they can even test you.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

The lines have been terrible here, and if you have mobility issues there's no way i can stand for hours.  I'm on strike three for Walgreens.  Everyone there says you have to book an appt on line only. Ok no prob.  Checked it out, they have a 3:00 appt and its now 2.30.  I book it and rush back put. They decline me, saying I'm not on the schedule.  Evidently they get a stack of spreadsheets for the week, and didn't say how they do cancellations or no shows. Went home and did it again scheduling a lil later.  Still not on the schedule.  He showed me where his report goes out 2 weeks at a time and is booked solid. Oh did i say this is just for a flu shot.  That's it.  So far nothing.

6 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Whoopi didn’t say she was sick.  She just said she’s not there.

I wouldn't doubt it if she is sick.  All last week she sounded congested and hoarse.  Nasally. I personally thought she shouldn't have been there. But was holding up the ship.

8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Boring show.

Agree. I was loving the show this season, but today's was wamp wamp.

To be honest I don't think the show is going to be its best until they're back in studio again. I understand hosting from home with all these covid positive results/contact though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Bleh show. A shame they'll continue to be remote until later this month if you all turn out to be right, but I can understand it with the post-holiday spike. Hopefully they're back in the studio with the start of February at least.

I don't know why they felt the need to boot Joy just because Sara and Whoopi were off a couple of days. /sigh I just left the show on in the background, I think the news about Saget is the only reason I kept it going. I hadn't heard about his death until the show this morning though--pretty shocking. It's not that I was a fan exactly, and I always hated Full House, but wow, he went too soon.

• Love 1

The thing about Bob Saget’s death is that it’s sad and tragic and undoubtedly very difficult for his friends and family, but, he apparently had just left a show he enjoyed and left happy and laughing and then he was gone.  That’s the way to make your exit.  

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

The thing about Bob Saget’s death is that it’s sad and tragic and undoubtedly very difficult for his friends and family, but, he apparently had just left a show he enjoyed and left happy and laughing and then he was gone.  That’s the way to make your exit.  

His death really hit me because I grew up with Full House and my parents are around the same age. That's a beautiful way to look at it at it though. He had a wonderful life. 

• Love 6

Say what you will about Whoopi, but at least she knows how to direct the conversations so that the women aren't talking over one another. That's something that was sorely missing without her last week.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't know why they felt the need to boot Joy just because Sara and Whoopi were off a couple of days.

What makes you think this is the case?

Ugh. The pauses. Get back into the studio.

The show is terrible without Joy’s input.

Wonder what happened to Greg Kinnear?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, ForumLou said:

The lines have been terrible here, and if you have mobility issues there's no way i can stand for hours.  I'm on strike three for Walgreens.  Everyone there says you have to book an appt on line only. Ok no prob.  Checked it out, they have a 3:00 appt and its now 2.30.  I book it and rush back put. They decline me, saying I'm not on the schedule.  Evidently they get a stack of spreadsheets for the week, and didn't say how they do cancellations or no shows. Went home and did it again scheduling a lil later.  Still not on the schedule.  He showed me where his report goes out 2 weeks at a time and is booked solid. Oh did i say this is just for a flu shot.  That's it.  So far nothing.

My understanding of the most recent CDC guidelines for people who have been vaccinated and boosted and have no symptoms (but have been exposed to someone who tested positive) is that you don't have the quarantine now.  You just need to wear a mask when you're around other people for 10 days (from the day of exposure) and preferably get tested on the 5th.  That's what I'm doing and, since I can't find a PCR test, I tested with the rapid home test instead.  Best I can do. If you're not vaccinated and/or have symptoms it's different.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

No surprise that responsibilities in Sunny’s house are delegated by sex.  

How pathetic!  In Canada, women can shovel snow (and also paddle and have sex in canoes without tipping over).  The health care worker was probably enjoying deep breaths of fresh air after being cooped up indoors with a mask on all day. The air is always freshest after a snowfall. I guessed Ana's response before she said it 😉

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Hey, Whoopi, Lincoln is on the penny - if it is good enough for Lincoln, it should be good enough for Maya Angelou.

Instead of complaining about quarters and other coins compared to who is on paper money, I wish they would have mentioned that it’s a part of a collection that they’re doing for the next few years similar to the state park and 50 states quarters. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/here-are-the-women-who-will-be-appearing-on-quarters-in-2022/

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Instead of complaining about quarters and other coins compared to who is on paper money, I wish they would have mentioned that it’s a part of a collection that they’re doing for the next few years similar to the state park and 50 states quarters. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/here-are-the-women-who-will-be-appearing-on-quarters-in-2022/

You mean the panelists on The View didn't tell the whole story?  Heavens to Mergatroyd!

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, deirdra said:

How pathetic!  In Canada, women can shovel snow (and also paddle and have sex in canoes without tipping over).  The health care worker was probably enjoying deep breaths of fresh air after being cooped up indoors with a mask on all day. The air is always freshest after a snowfall. I guessed Ana's response before she said it 😉

I wished they didn't reduce that story to just male vs female roles.   When I first saw that tweet yesterday, I just thought the dude was tone deaf for not shoveling the driveway for his spouse who had just worked 12 hours.   I would have felt the same about a wife who posted something similar about her husband after his 12 hour shift.  I'm guessing while Sunny wouldn't have shoveled the drive, she would have made sure Manny didn't have to do it after working a 12 hours shift.   

11 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I think part of Whoopi's issue was that the Harriet Tubman $20 bill was blocked by the Trump administration for sketchy reasons.   So for her, having a woman on a quarter seems like a downgrade.     

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Dressing for the cold to shovel snow is a process.  (He/She who's dressed, usually does the honours.  Also walking the dog.)  No one mentioned that hubby might have a disability!!??

He doesn't - he'd also been up most of the night tweeting about watching tennis instead of making sure his wife could get into the driveway after coming off shift.  He's getting slammed.  Deservedly.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, I would be majorly pissed if my husband was filming me shoveling instead of, you know, helping. 

Especially if he asked you to make him a sandwich when you came into the house after shoveling.

• LOL 2
20 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Jimmy Kimmel did a lovely tribute to Bob on his show tonight ... my eyes were leaking!!!

He did! He's always so heartfelt. He always makes me cry.

7 hours ago, js9548 said:

What is on Sunny's sweater?

It's a tiger.

(See it at the end of this post. I couldn't place the image <here>)

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, I would be majorly pissed if my husband was filming me shoveling instead of, you know, helping. 

Me too. I'm glad Sunny and Ana said their true feelings instead of trying to be politically correct. If my husband is around, he better be sure he's doing all the hard labor, not saying I wouldn't help some of the time.

Screenshot_20220111-192959_Chrome.jpg

• Love 2

I noticed that from Mondays episode they have modified / updated the opening titles. Changed some of the still images and vision of them and it seems to have a warmer tone to it and less blue and greyscale. I quite like it! Nice little tweak. 

• Love 7

The View fates are nothing if not vindictive. For every great week like last week's with Joy moderating and YNB guesting, we have to be punished with a blah week like this one. After yesterday's show was so dull, I only watched the opening segment today before deleting.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, AusTvWatcher said:

I noticed that from Mondays episode they have modified / updated the opening titles.

I liked the tweaks too.  In the old one, I always thought that Joy was holding a snake (a la Britney Spears).  It took me some time to realize it was a scarf.😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 1