Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 1/10/22

Tammy12
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

I liked the tweaks too.  In the old one, I always thought that Joy was holding a snake (a la Britney Spears).  It took me some time to realize it was a scarf.😁

I also thought it was a really unflattering photo of Joy too. 

Seems like they might have modified the set backdrop graphics too, based off the virtual audience shots, the back “windows” look more colourful than they did before. 

• Love 2

Oh good. Joy is back.

I love Fauci’s mic drop moment when he pointed out Rand Paul’s hypocrisy and fund raising off misinformation.

I adore Ina Garten. I’ve put in my reservation to spend the next lockdown with her. I call dibs!

Funny, Clay talks about his work with Sunny on political matters and not his bestie, SWSNBN. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15
27 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I don’t think Clay knows he and Meghan are besties.

Or he just prefers to keep that part quiet, knowing he would instantly inflame his base. I don't think he's ever been there to support SWSRN, except for one of her birthdays.i saw him singing, but no chitchat with the woman of ***

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Oh good. Joy is back.

I love Fauci’s mic drop moment when he pointed out Rand Paul’s hypocrisy and fund raising off misinformation.

I adore Ina Garten. I’ve put in my reservation to spend the next lockdown with her. I call dibs!

Funny, Clay talks about his work with Sunny on political matters and not his bestie, SWSNBN. 

Plus he may be waiting for a good time.  Don't want to bulldoze.  Now might be a good chance to mask, 

23 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Dressing for the cold to shovel snow is a process.  (He/She who's dressed, usually does the honours.  Also walking the dog.)  No one mentioned that hubby might have a disability!!??

I think the woman came out to say it was her choice…she finds it helpful to be outside and doing something like this after her shift. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

I think the woman came out to say it was her choice…she finds it helpful to be outside and doing something like this after her shift. 

Yeah. She was ok with it. I guess the only conclusion is that the clueless husband should not have posted. Period. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 1/11/2022 at 10:09 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

For every great week like last week's with Joy moderating and YNB guesting, we have to be punished with a blah week like this one. After yesterday's show was so dull, I only watched the opening segment today before deleting.

I so enjoyed with Joy moderating, Yvette Nicole Brown guest co-host, Sunny was tolerable and always like when Ana there. It felt like they were stuck at home with me.

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

The wife of an MPP who posted something that went viral, and not in a good way, comes out and says she was fine with it.  How much choice did she have with that I wonder?  

• Love 1

Cheney as VP candidate is the dumbest suggestion I’ve ever heard.

Another boring show. I feel like I could check out after the first topic these days. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Just catching up with yesterday's show (01/12/2022) - Alyssa, very diplomatic of you to call someone a jackass. If your goal really is to "find common ground", it doesn't usually help to call someone names if they don't immediately agree with you.  I don't think you should quit your day job. 

On 1/11/2022 at 9:48 AM, Rainyhawk said:

My understanding of the most recent CDC guidelines for people who have been vaccinated and boosted and have no symptoms (but have been exposed to someone who tested positive) is that you don't have the quarantine now.  You just need to wear a mask when you're around other people for 10 days (from the day of exposure) and preferably get tested on the 5th.  That's what I'm doing and, since I can't find a PCR test, I tested with the rapid home test instead.  Best I can do. If you're not vaccinated and/or have symptoms it's different.  

My grandson had to quarantine because a classmate tested positive ,then yesterday his brother messaged me and said he had to also. I said what about Mom? She’s a teacher at their school. Nope. For sure the first grandson is going back today because he had no symptoms . Not sure if brother has to wait another day.  
I was concerned when Joy wasn’t there thinking she had it and was keeping low profile. Hope she gets to go to Italy when we can travel. 
Jury's out on Sunny’s lipstick I thought she had a cold sore on here bottom lip. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

Alyssa, very diplomatic of you to call someone a jackass. If your goal really is to "find common ground", it doesn't usually help to call someone names if they don't immediately agree with you.  

Was this her reference to Ted Cruz or did she call someone else a jackass?  Because I don't think there is anyway ever that she is going to find common ground with Cruz.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

Was this her reference to Ted Cruz or did she call someone else a jackass?  Because I don't think there is anyway ever that she is going to find common ground with Cruz.

Cruz was the only one she called a jackass. 

• Love 6

This was the only good show so far this week. I watched yesterday, but even with Joy back, yesterday's show was a flatliner. I was right there with Sara on Hillary this morning.

5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Cheney as VP candidate is the dumbest suggestion I’ve ever heard.

And Sunny nailed exactly why.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

Yes, Ted Cruz. I think Alyssa expected that she'd meet with him, say her piece and he'd "see the light". That's a fantasy. Common ground isn't automatically found, and it often isn't all that much. Find that little bit of something you can agree on and then work to see if you can understand the other side enough to agree on more things. It takes more than one meeting, especially if you are talking to your polar opposite. I'd bet that after that meeting Ted Cruz felt that Alyssa was a jackass too, although he hasn't said it publicly. 

Disclaimer: I'm neither a Ted Cruz nor an Alyssa Milano fan.

• Love 3

“Cringing little liberal?”  Really?

I was so disheartened yesterday. Such a bad day for people with common sense.

Ok, Sunny, what exactly could Biden do with this situation?  I agree he’s lost leverage but what do you do when 52 senators absolutely refuse to listen?  I’ll wait. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13
27 minutes ago, Haleth said:

“Cringing little liberal?”  Really?

I was so disheartened yesterday. Such a bad day for people with common sense.

Ok, Sunny, what exactly could Biden do with this situation?  I agree he’s lost leverage but what do you do when 52 senators absolutely refuse to listen?  I’ll wait. 

The term performative is getting old Sunny.  Lawyers, congressmen, business people and talk panels all could be accused of performative speech.

Perhaps she could run and demonstrate to all candidates how to succeed in working with the other team?

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Seriously, Sunny, give the performance a rest. This defeatist talk is only discourages people from voting and that is not going to help!

• Love 13

Not sure what was behind the randomly-timed commercial break. Only one person spoke before they're going back to break. I almost thought it was because of Sunny's comments for some reason... Sunny was absolutely right that they squandered their leverage because everybody already knew exactly what Manchin and Sinema would do. Incredibly stupid to have expected those two to honor an agreement.

Tbh, Sunny has been the best one overall today to me, pointing out Biden's failure to deliver that he could mediate the divide (whether it's simply among the Left or among the two parties) and then mocking how illogical and upside down from reality the Supreme Court has become--"free" to force disease on people in public spaces, but not free for businesses to make their own decisions, or for women to control their own bodies, or for students to read books by Black authors, or for minorities in Southern states to vote. Very well-said.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Not sure what was behind the randomly-timed commercial break. Only one person spoke before they're going back to break. I almost thought it was because of Sunny's comments for some reason... Sunny was absolutely right that they squandered their leverage because everybody already knew exactly what Manchin and Sinema would do. Incredibly stupid to have expected those two to honor an agreement.

Tbh, Sunny has been the best one overall today to me, pointing out Biden's failure to deliver that he could mediate the divide (whether it's simply among the Left or among the two parties) and then mocking how illogical and upside down from reality the Supreme Court has become--"free" to force disease on people in public spaces, but not free for businesses to make their own decisions, or for women to control their own bodies, or for students to read books by Black authors, or for minorities in Southern states to vote. Very well-said.

Sunny was excellent and she was absolutely right about what she said today. I am enjoying Sunny more and more everyday. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6

There is real danger in doing something "just for this one thing" because it is an "emergency". Do it once and it becomes very easy to do it again, and then every time there's something you have difficulty achieving. You will have a precedent in place, and other people will take advantage. It is human nature, aside from political strategy, and it shouldn't be done lightly. That's why having rules makes a difference. 

Of course, there are always those who have no principles and don't mind being hypocrites as long as they get what they want (looking at you, Mitch McConnell). 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Sunny was excellent and she was absolutely right about what she said today. I am enjoying Sunny more and more everyday. 

Yeah she seems to be lighting up a bit, not so doom&gloom.  She needs to pass it down to Joy.  She seems like shes sad at the moment and could cry at the drop of a hat.  She seems depressed in some way.  Everyone has a limit and i wonder if she's just reached the end

• Love 2