Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

Dayum! I love me some Tim Gunn! I really wish more people would start speaking up and calling Kanye out for his joke clothes. Funny thing is I read that Beyonce and Jay z were at his concert the night before, but notice they stayed away from the hot mess fashion show lol.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I guess I don't understand why people are so scared to tell Kanye the truth about his clothing line.  Why is he the special snowflake of the design world?

They are afraid he'll write a rap song about wanting to fuck them in the sink.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I guess I don't understand why people are so scared to tell Kanye the truth about his clothing line.  Why is he the special snowflake of the design world?

I think they're all deathly afraid of being perceived as old, unhip, trapped in the past, etc. 

• Love 5
On 9/15/2016 at 10:21 AM, emma675 said:

Tim Gunn was interviewed this morning on a local radio station in my town and he went off on Kanye's clothing line. He again called him a hoax, was horrified that people were applauding this, said the fashion was appalling and it was bringing shame to the industry. It was amazing. 

It was hilarious! Gunn's calling out Kanye, his clothes, the fashionistas stupid enough to praise them and those who are crazy enough to buy them gave me life like my mama! This is the Tim Gunn I know and heart, not the replicant who pretended to be him on Project Runway & Under the Gunn  for the past few seasons. 

• Love 7

Kanye West: ‘I wouldn’t say that anyone in fashion is on my side’ Gee Kanye, how about Anna Wintour? You know, the woman who seems to have given you your "fashion designer" career & put your does-not-belong-here wife on the cover of Vogue? I'm sure she'll be happy to hear that she's not on your side, maybe now she'll stop pushing you on people.

Also, I can't believe he's in W magazine, the fashion industry bible is running interviews with the asshole.

• Love 6

He's...he's dressed like a grown man. I think Kris had a Kanye robot made, like in The Stepford Wives. Kim wouldn't even notice, he just has to call her "bitch" in song every now & then.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, dare I say it, but Kanye looks really handsome when not dressed like a homeless refugee. Kim looks great as well. Whoever styled them needs to be put on the payroll, because this is the best they've looked in a while.

I was shocked too. He looks like a regular human being, and he looks like he has a good figure; the suit is well cut and flatters him. As for Kim, she still looked vulgar, with so much boob showing.  She forgot the rule about how the wedding guests should not dress in a way that would upstage the bride. (If she ever knew it to begin with.) The bride is the star of the day. None of the guests should be acting like "Look at ME!"

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I was shocked too. He looks like a regular human being, and he looks like he has a good figure; the suit is well cut and flatters him. As for Kim, she still looked vulgar, with so much boob showing.  She forgot the rule about how the wedding guests should not dress in a way that would upstage the bride. (If she ever knew it to begin with.) The bride is the star of the day. None of the guests should be acting like "Look at ME!"

Kim doesn't leave the house unless her outfit screams "Look at me" " See my tits!!!" "'Look at my huge ass!!" Why bother going out otherwise?

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

He's such an asshole.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Kris does not like this kind of stuff and that to some degree Kanye is doing it to get back at her. He's still got it stuck in his craw that she (in his opinion) went behind his back and got Kylie that Puma deal. And from Kim's comments to her sisters about her friends calling to find out just how furious Kanye was,  and her big chat with Kris over it, I bet she caught a rash of shit from him. Kris rarely says anything negative about anyone and she even suggested to Kim that they talk to Taylor instead of causing a ruckus.

He's a spiteful dick.

If I were Taylor I'd buy a whole bunch of tickets and  send a boatload of her fan club members to his concerts and heckle the hell out of him.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, iwasish said:

If I were Taylor I'd buy a whole bunch of tickets and  send a boatload of her fan club members to his concerts and heckle the hell out of him.

Nah,Taylor should just ignore him completely as if he is beneath her notice. That would bug him even more. I don’t believe this has anything to do with Kris; Kanye just seems totally obsessed with Taylor, like some deranged, delusional stalker.

• Love 18
44 minutes ago, iwasish said:

He's such an asshole.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Kris does not like this kind of stuff and that to some degree Kanye is doing it to get back at her.

I think you are on to something.  He was probably wondering why Kris would do that, especially after all of her talk about putting FAMILY above all else.  He didn't realize that she spells family M-O-N-E-Y.  He is going to stick it to her.

But of course, Kris is like the devil.  She is evil, in a sneaky way.  She puts material possessions above anything else.  She has broken all of the 10 commandments - she is a cheater, liar, (husband defended a) murderer, worships false idols (yeezus)...   

9 minutes ago, Veronique Bette said:

Nah,Taylor should just ignore him completely as if he is beneath her notice. That would bug him even more. I don’t believe this has anything to do with Kris; Kanye just seems totally obsessed with Taylor, like some deranged, delusional stalker.

He is really obsessed.  If they were not celebrities, and they were average joes, who worked together, Taylor would have a reason to go to her boss or the police with these complaints.

• Love 4

Kanye is an obsessive person, I don't know if he's that way about everything, but he certainly is about women. He got obsessed with Kim's sex tape & kept at her until she married him, we all know how insane he is about Beyonce & how he thinks everything she does is better than everyone else, & now he can't let go of Taylor. He's emotionally stunted when it comes to women.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, GaT said:

Kanye is an obsessive person, I don't know if he's that way about everything, but he certainly is about women. He got obsessed with Kim's sex tape & kept at her until she married him, we all know how insane he is about Beyonce & how he thinks everything she does is better than everyone else, & now he can't let go of Taylor. He's emotionally stunted when it comes to women.

Kim will get jealous, he talks more about Taylor than he does about her.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

Deranged, delusional and potentially dangerous.  I hope Taylor's got bodyguards 24/7.  Kanye doesn't seem right in the head.  This thing with Taylor is bizarre.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Oh shut up, asshole. Taylor has been the subject of embarrassment courtesy of Kim and Kanye, has pretty much withdrawn from the spotlight and has also dealt with Tom breaking up with her. I think she's been kicked enough while down.

Taylor has made her fair share of hits, money and garnered plenty of press out of embarrassing and dragging people with her innocent princess act. This is the least of the reasons I'd have a problem with Kanye. 

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

Taylor has made her fair share of hits, money and garnered plenty of press out of embarrassing and dragging people with her innocent princess act. This is the least of the reasons I'd have a problem with Kanye. 

This. I try to avoid these threads, since goodness knows Kanye is a loon and it's obvious how most here feel about him. But all I could think reading the above comment was, "you mean when she was exposed for the manipulative liar she is and her fake PR relationship ended, which by the way, through her people she still attempted to throw Tom Hiddleston under the bus?"

Then yeah, Taylor's been through so much this summer. And before the inevitable responses, no that is not my endorsement of Kanye's behavior. But as I've always said, I don't have to like Kim or Kanye, to have no time for Taylor's crap.

• Love 7

Kanye's probably unlawful telephone recording never proved that Taylor Swift approved of the "I made that bitch famous" line, which is the line she took issue with. Kanye's album sales are lower than Taylor's, Taylor has more Instagram followers than Kim and Kanye combined, and most tellingly, Taylor does not seem to be obsessed with Kanye, unlike vice versa, Taylor never had a waxwork Kanye made. 

• Love 11

I'd love to know if the so called ticket issue in Cleveland Saturday night was legit or not. Kanye always seems to start his shows late, I can't imagine him waiting around for 2 hours while the issue got fixed. I had to laugh Saturday night, while they were all standing in line, snaked around the building, I did happen to see a little clip of a roving "reporter" interviewing the crowd about them trying to get in. Okay, I don't want to be racist, but seriously, it was the whitest hipsterest crowd ever, at a Kanye concert, in Cleveland. What the hell? It looked like a Bernie Sanders event, not a rap concert. 

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:22 AM, Fostersmom said:

I'd love to know if the so called ticket issue in Cleveland Saturday night was legit or not. Kanye always seems to start his shows late, I can't imagine him waiting around for 2 hours while the issue got fixed. I had to laugh Saturday night, while they were all standing in line, snaked around the building, I did happen to see a little clip of a roving "reporter" interviewing the crowd about them trying to get in. Okay, I don't want to be racist, but seriously, it was the whitest hipsterest crowd ever, at a Kanye concert, in Cleveland. What the hell? It looked like a Bernie Sanders event, not a rap concert. 

Bernie Sanders  LOL

So Kayne had a meltdown over the failure of his craptastic fashion show. Where was his meltdown over Kim getting robbed?  That was much more serious. I expected him to be [verbally] ripping the heads off the owners of the hotel, since they had no security and the thieves were able to enter Kim's apartment so easily. I also expected him to fire Kim's guard Pascal.

To give Kayne the benefit of the doubt, maybe he tore up the hotel owners in private and threatened to sue them, instead of publicly criticizing them.

Radar Online said it was Kris who decided to cut down the family security to only one guard in Paris, because she was penny-pinching. RO said Kayne cussed Kris out and blamed her for assigning Pascal to guard Kendall and Kourtney at the restaurant, leaving Kim alone. Of course RO publishes lots of false stories, but maybe this one is true.

Whatever, he did his show in Chicago tonight. No drama.

• Love 1

Kanye isn't any more security conscious than the rest. If he was they wouldn't live or stay in places that didn't have a drive in garage to avoid the paparazzi. They live for the big show of entering and exiting their home or hotel with a phalanx of bodyguards and  Kim in all her exposed glory, strutting stone faced to her car, not acknowledging anyone. The whole family does the same thing. 

• Love 8
On 10/8/2016 at 4:58 AM, Coffeecup said:

Radar Online said it was Kris who decided to cut down the family security to only one guard in Paris, because she was penny-pinching. RO said Kayne cussed Kris out and blamed her for assigning Pascal to guard Kendall and Kourtney at the restaurant, leaving Kim alone. Of course RO publishes lots of false stories, but maybe this one is true.

She goes on extravagant vacations 10 times a year, owns a mansion, buys mansions for her kids, drives expensive cars, blah blah blah...and the one place she suddenly decides to scrimp is the safety of her kids?  I'd love to have been a fly on the wall for the conversation between Kris and Kanye, though, if this is how it played out.

• Love 4

My bet is that Kim told him to cover the girls since she was in for the night. I don't think Kim was all that security conscious up to now. Anyhow, he's the professional bodyguard, if he felt they needed extra security, I'm sure he could have spoken up. I wonder if he was all that fond of Kim anyway. In Iceland, she was giving orders about not going to the hotel but straight to the video shoot for Kanye and he had to explain to her that they had to go to the hotel, because that was where the heliport was. She gave him the death stare.

• Love 2

I see that JayZ was the subject of Kanye's latest rant. 

He was saying that JayZ and Beyoncé haven't come to see how Kim is doing, they only called. That their kids never play together. A bunch of nonsense about Tidal-Apple feuds and unreleased music. 

I guess with Kim out of the spotlight he's making sure the family stays in the news.

• Love 4

This jackass is so stupid. Through all his lunacy and embarassing behavior Jay Z has actually remained a pretty loyal friend, even at times when Kanye didn't deserve it.  I can understand being annoyed if he didn't ask how Kim was but to bitch about a phone call not being enough is childish.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

This jackass is so stupid. Through all his lunacy and embarassing behavior Jay Z has actually remained a pretty loyal friend, even at times when Kanye didn't deserve it.  I can understand being annoyed if he didn't ask how Kim was but to bitch about a phone call not being enough is childish.

I think it all comes down to the business issue. Once again he complains that he is being held back or cheated out of real big success. He's too emotional and defensive to be a real mogul. He's a hot head and too quick to cry unfair, disloyal, and doesn't get that sometimes business takes precedence over friendship. ( just like his hissy fit over Kris/Kylie/Puma). 

Im not a fan of JayZ or Beyoncé. But I think they do have way more, if not class, common sense. Even the way they handled the whole Solange/JayZ elevator fight was low key and sensible. No dramatic interviews or catty remarks in interviews or witty tweets etc. 

If I were JayZ, I'd use this latest rant as a way to end this "friendship".  From Kanye's remarks, it seems he was more invested in having the cache of being part of that inner circle than any real friendship.

• Love 10