Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I saw some of his new Yeezy sneakers in articles about the Adidas deal. Those are butt-ugly sneakers. I don't know why any celebrity would want to be seen in them.

Right now they're limited editions, so they're hard to get & expensive. If they start being widely available, I think people aren't going to want them as much, their exclusivity will be gone.

I got a giggle out of this alteration of Kayne's "Famous" naked people video: a Photoshop picture where Paris Hilton's smirking face was pasted over Taylor Swift's face, as she reclines next to Kayne. Photo caption: "I made his bitch famous." True dat! Kim started out as a closet organizer for Paris.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/paris-hilton-agrees-that-she-made-kim-kardashian-famous-w211585 

"Paris Hilton Likes a Reminder for Kanye West That She Made Kim Kardashian Famous," June 28, 2016

I don't think Paris herself made the Photoshop. The article just says she "liked" it on Instagram.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Except neither Princess Kanye nor Kimmy have any sense of humor.

That's why it will be even funnier, watching them try to pretend they're in on the joke.

Even funnier would be having the figures talk in their sleep. Trump making a campaign speech, Kimmy moaning and begging Ray J to "put it in me" etc. 

• Love 5
On 6/30/2016 at 4:55 PM, howmanywords said:

If the deal happens the way its supposed to he is going to be downright insufferable.

This is what I was able to find about the pre-nup..he has a 20 million dollar insurance policy that Kim gets even if they are divorced when he dies and at the time they note she was worth about 40 million and he was worth 100 million.  Granted Kim has since made a ton more money due to the video game mostly..but yeah she just might be married to a billionaire soon. Gag.

I am going to now curse Zeus, because life is not fair.  Just kidding.  The truth is Kim has always had money.  She was born with it, made a lot if it, and now married into it as well.  I do not think it really makes her happy.  She always seems very unsatisfied.

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:37 AM, howmanywords said:

They just showed on Good Day NY the line going around the corner for the Pablo pop-up store. People were camped out all night and the bizarre thing is this isn't even for new Yeezy sneaker but I guess the clothing. Um why?

It's a mystery to me too. The clothes are overpriced and ugly.

But a few people are profiting as resellers. I read one article that said several people in line at the Pablo pop-up told a reporter they were buying the stuff so they could resell it at a markup.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

It's a mystery to me too. The clothes are overpriced and ugly.

But a few people are profiting as resellers. I read one article that said several people in line at the Pablo pop-up told a reporter they were buying the stuff so they could resell it at a markup.

But that just means that there are people willing to buy the stuff at higher than retail. Even if everyone in the lines was reselling it, that still means people are willing to pay a fortune for that junk.

21 minutes ago, GaT said:

But that just means that there are people willing to buy the stuff at higher than retail. Even if everyone in the lines was reselling it, that still means people are willing to pay a fortune for that junk.

True... it's the same thing that happens whenever a trendy new athletic shoe comes out. Some people want the "coolest" stuff so desperately they are willing to pay a premium.

1 hour ago, GaT said:

Kim should never stand next to Kendall. Especially when she's dressed like Morticia Adam's blonde skank cousin.

Why is Kim bothering to wear a bodysuit under her mesh outfit? Yesterday there were pics of her in a mesh top sans bra. Looks like she had her tits lifted cause her nips were front and center, and not facing south. 

• Love 1

I read on Instagram that Kanye and Kim are going to be sitting in the front row for the VMA's (and that Kim is presenting a major award). Why do I have this bad feeling that Kanye's  trashy piece of "art" is winning Video Of the Year?

• Love 1

I don't understand why MTV is giving Kanye 4 minutes to do whatever he wants, have they ever done that before? It really makes me angry that this piece of crap is just getting everything along with his piece of crap wife & her family. After what he pulled on Taylor Swift, he should have been banned from the VMAs, instead he gets free rein to do whatever he wants & the Kardashians & everyone related to them just keeping getting more power & money.

• Love 5

Yeah.. I don't understand any of this. Like last VMAS when he made probably the longest speech ever about getting the Video Vanguard Award and he talked for almost forever. I'm guessing Kim is going to be giving out video of the year then and yes, probably to Kayne. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I'm guessing Kim is going to be giving out video of the year then and yes, probably to Kayne. 

Wouldn't it be great though if the MTV execs played a prank on them and Adele won video of the year? A fun little payback for Kanye comparing Kim's nude selfies to Adele's singing a few months ago.

• Love 6

Supposedly Taylor is choosing not to attend the awards. Can't say I blame her.  She's not nominated for anything but this jackass who has embarrassed her is being given the superstar treatment. I honestly think MTV loves Kanye ever since the "Imma let you finish" moment because they know hes capable of saying or doing something controversial thus giving the VMA's endless publicity.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Wouldn't it be great though if the MTV execs played a prank on them and Adele won video of the year? A fun little payback for Kanye comparing Kim's nude selfies to Adele's singing a few months ago.

Beyonce is going to win Video of the Year. She has the most nominations, her album Lemonade was one of the most lauded of the year and it's Beyonce. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Supposedly Taylor is choosing not to attend the awards. Can't say I blame her.  She's not nominated for anything but this jackass who has embarrassed her is being given the superstar treatment. I honestly think MTV loves Kanye ever since the "Imma let you finish" moment because they know hes capable of saying or doing something controversial thus giving the VMA's endless publicity.

I also call bull on MTV treating Kanye and Kimmy like a king and queen at tonight's awards show. I for one won't be watching.

• Love 5

Rhetorical question here, but did anyone actually understand a word of what he just rambled about on stage? The chants of "Yeezus yeezus" made me stabby. And he got more than 4 minutes on stage, way more if you include the video he got to premiere.

• Love 2

I think he was giving a preview of his 2020 speech throwing his hat in the presidential race. Or he was drunk. 

Kim was eating up every mumble of it. She must be dreaming of being First Lady. 

• Love 3

The only thing i liked about Kanye' 7 minutes of fun was his video only because Teyana was giving me serious body life goals and makes me wanna do meal prepping and go run around my neighborhood now to get in to shape. 

• Love 1
On 8/27/2016 at 11:21 PM, GaT said:

I don't understand why MTV is giving Kanye 4 minutes to do whatever he wants, have they ever done that before? It really makes me angry that this piece of crap is just getting everything along with his piece of crap wife & her family. After what he pulled on Taylor Swift, he should have been banned from the VMAs, instead he gets free rein to do whatever he wants & the Kardashians & everyone related to them just keeping getting more power & money.

I didn't watch and didn't even know it was VMA time til I saw the news this morning and Kanye's four minutes was one of the stories. I kind of figured that 1) the VMA's actually like Kanye (because of his music and he generates buzz at awards shows; plus, people do admire him as a musical artist) and 2) by willingly giving him a slot for a monologue there's no worry he'll hijack someone else's time to say whatever it is he feels he has to say.

For the people that aren't interested/buying it, it's a good time for a bathroom break; for the people that like him, they get 4 uninterrupted minutes of him.

I've watched sections of it and read the transcript and I still have no idea what the fuck he is talking about.  For anyone who hasn't seen it, this is how it went down. 

I love Beyonce 

My video is the bestest thing ever since I put some random people in a bed together and called it "art"

Mandatory jab at Amber 

Backhanded compliment about Kim 

Last week people died in Chicago 

...So I called up Taylor Swift

This kid told me that he thought he would die

....Which is why I talk to old white people

People are poor because they don't have role models 

I am the hottest shit around 

Jaden Smith is the future (SCARY MUSIC SHOULD BE PLAYING AT THIS POINT)

• Love 5

That speech is a good example of why even some people who don't like Kanye, legitimately think he has some sort of mental issue. He comes across as manic in my opinion. I read the text of the speech and I can see what he was trying to say in some parts but it's like he had three or four different points and thoughts going on in his head at the same time so it just came out like a rambly mess.

Like when he started talking about the fame thing and the video, I sort of did get he was trying to say about shining a spotlight if you will on the whole craziness that is fame but then it sort of went off the rails. And then the whole murders in Chicago, which is a very important issue (and well just all the brutality and violence around the country in general), was fine but then randomly that's when he mentions calling Taylor to ask her permission. Like maybe that should have come at the start when talking about the video, since it's for the song he mentions her in. 

And this part to be honest was kind of profound in my opinion, especially the bolded part because it is sadly very true for a lot of minorities. 

So I was speaking at the Art Institute last year, and a kid came up to me and said ‘Three of my friends died, and I don’t know if I’m gonna be the next.’ And it has to, you know you have to think, like, when you’re a senior and it’s the last month and you just don’t feel like doing any more work. If you feel like you seeing people dying right next to you, you might feel like, what’s the point? You know like life could be like, starting to feel worthless in a way. I know times for me, I sit down and talk to older, like, like, rich people. You know, a.k.a. white, you know. And they tell me, 'Don't compare yourself to Steve Jobs. Don't compare yourself to Walt Disney,' and my friend Zekiah [sp?] told me... they tell me, 'Don't compare yourself to these people, right.' My friend Zekiah [sp?] told me there's three keys to keeping people impoverished: that's taking away their esteem, taking away their resources, and taking away their role models. 

But then he went off talking about Jaden Smith who aside from being one of the most annoying celebrity kids ever, is also talent-less. Weird does not equal talent. Again I just feel like Kanye comes across as manic. Like he has 100 different thoughts running through his head at the same time and so what comes out of his mouth is just a rambly, convoluted mess where if you listen closely you can sort of pull out something decent but in all it just makes him sound very, very confused.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Maysie said:

I didn't watch and didn't even know it was VMA time til I saw the news this morning and Kanye's four minutes was one of the stories. I kind of figured that 1) the VMA's actually like Kanye (because of his music and he generates buzz at awards shows; plus, people do admire him as a musical artist) and 2) by willingly giving him a slot for a monologue there's no worry he'll hijack someone else's time to say whatever it is he feels he has to say.

For the people that aren't interested/buying it, it's a good time for a bathroom break; for the people that like him, they get 4 uninterrupted minutes of him.

Did they report that while this idiot was supposedly given 4 minutes of unfiltered nationwide access to blather, he actually TOOK around 7?

It's annoying the endless amounts of free passes this fucktard gets. Just Google News searching it now, after the fact I'm still seeing the 4 minute thing referenced almost everywhere (stuff like TIME: "Read a Transcript of Kanye West's 4-Minute Monologue From the VMAs"). But all someone has to do is actually watch the video directly posted by MTV to see what he actually took--6:56. Maybe subtract 30 seconds for him walking out and for the crowd to shut up. And the mainstream media reports I've seen on his blathering are being NICE rather than the scathing stuff I'd expected. I suppose they are terrified of antagonizing his fans and them turning on their outlets/publications.

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

then he went off talking about Jaden Smith who aside from being one of the most annoying celebrity kids ever, is also talent-less. Weird does not equal talent.

Lauding/promoting those Smith kids, in any sane world, would make someone look like a fool. But because it's Kanye doing it, I'm sure the reaction from a lot of people is "It's just Kanye being Kanye".  Grrr.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

That speech is a good example of why even some people who don't like Kanye, legitimately think he has some sort of mental issue. He comes across as manic in my opinion. I read the text of the speech and I can see what he was trying to say in some parts but it's like he had three or four different points and thoughts going on in his head at the same time so it just came out like a rambly mess.

Like when he started talking about the fame thing and the video, I sort of did get he was trying to say about shining a spotlight if you will on the whole craziness that is fame but then it sort of went off the rails. And then the whole murders in Chicago, which is a very important issue (and well just all the brutality and violence around the country in general), was fine but then randomly that's when he mentions calling Taylor to ask her permission. Like maybe that should have come at the start when talking about the video, since it's for the song he mentions her in. 

And this part to be honest was kind of profound in my opinion, especially the bolded part because it is sadly very true for a lot of minorities. 

But then he went off talking about Jaden Smith who aside from being one of the most annoying celebrity kids ever, is also talent-less. Weird does not equal talent. Again I just feel like Kanye comes across as manic. Like he has 100 different thoughts running through his head at the same time and so what comes out of his mouth is just a rambly, convoluted mess where if you listen closely you can sort of pull out something decent but in all it just makes him sound very, very confused.

I can't stand him... That said I get that he has all these thoughts,( makes up for the one or two running thru Kim's head), but he needs to either learn to or hire someone to put them down in a cohesive logical manner that make some kind of sense. Talking about murders in one breath and then something insignificant like the Taylor Swift crap.... and even mentioning that idiot Jaden Smith ...?

and ultimately, to me he's a sell out. He railed against all that the Kardashian family stands for and regardless of whether or not he fell in love with Kim, he's jumped on board the show, and not just himself, but he sold out his principles as far as North (and most likely Saint) is concerned. Her privacy, which was so important to him, is gone. Kim has her a mini me in training with the snapchats and posing for pictures. She'll end up like Kylie and North will be another Jaden Smith. He goes to Cuba and all he can talk about is the "crazy colors" "weird colors". Has he never been to Miami?  "Little Havana?"Never saw a documentary on Cuba?  Maybe he and Kim are a perfect match, intellect-wise.

Kim said he was left handed till he went to school and they "made " him change to right. I know that used to be encouraged, but now I think the accepted theory is to leave them be. Maybe that is a contributing factor.

• Love 4

About 14-15 years ago Kanye was in a really bad, head on collision that almost killed him.  For all I joke around about what a lunatic douchebag he is I do wonder if that accident caused any brain issues, or if anything it caused some type of trauma that he never dealt with properly.  It might explain why he acts the way he does sometimes. IIRC it was said at the time he had head trauma as well as the broken jaw that he had surgery on.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

About 14-15 years ago Kanye was in a really bad, head on collision that almost killed him.  For all I joke around about what a lunatic douchebag he is I do wonder if that accident caused any brain issues, or if anything it caused some type of trauma that he never dealt with properly.  It might explain why he acts the way he does sometimes. IIRC it was said at the time he had head trauma as well as the broken jaw that he had surgery on.

Okay, but then that really makes this an Emperor Has No Clothes situation, doesn't it, what with the tongue baths he regularly receives for whatever nonsense he does. It would be like.... what if everybody pretended not to notice that Gary Busey was cray-cray (literally the same thing, since Busey's situation is also brain damage).

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Okay, but then that really makes this an Emperor Has No Clothes situation, doesn't it, what with the tongue baths he regularly receives for whatever nonsense he does. It would be like.... what if everybody pretended not to notice that Gary Busey was cray-cray (literally the same thing, since Busey's situation is also brain damage).

The answer is usually the most simplistic , obvious. He's an egotistical loud mouth that doesn't know when to keep it shut. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 3