Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I get what Kim is trying to say and I actually don't disagree with her, but it's pretty obvious what's going on with Kanye is far more serious than him exercising his right to speak on politics. If you were to Google "manic episode", everything Kanye is exhibiting right now is a textbook case. I just hope Kim isn't in denial and he's getting the help he needs. 

Definitely bipolar. I say this as the mother of a bipolar son, who got it from his father. I always know when he's on a manic episode. Delusions of grandeur, flights of fancy, it's all there. Doesn't want to take meds because he feels "dull" with them. Kanye is definitely off his meds. He LIKES feeling manic, while everyone else around him cringes.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, peaceknit said:

Definitely bipolar. I say this as the mother of a bipolar son, who got it from his father. I always know when he's on a manic episode. Delusions of grandeur, flights of fancy, it's all there. Doesn't want to take meds because he feels "dull" with them. Kanye is definitely off his meds. He LIKES feeling manic, while everyone else around him cringes.

They’re trying to pass it off as a strategy to hype his new albums release.  

John Legend was one of the few who came out and said during his last episode that Kanye’s behavior was very concerning. I think he sensed that trouble is on the way again. 

Did the insurance company ever pay off on the tour he canceled? He posted recently that he was under an opioid addiction. Wouldn’t that have voided his claim?

Radaronline reports that Kim has put her life on hold to help him... others say she’s posting non stop nude selfies to  divert attention .  

Edited by iwasish

Well the nude pictures Kim is posting now are professionally shot pictures that coincide with the launch of her "Body" perfume that will be for sale in a few days so she didn't randomly just decide to start posting this nude crap. If she wanted to divert attention away she wouldn't have tweeted the stuff she did yesterday. Even though she defended him it only brought more attention to Kanye's tweets.

John Legend remains a real class act (and apparently a good friend it seems).Kanye posting his private texts today was rude even though he tried to explain why he posted them.  

• Love 1

John Legend remains a real class act (and apparently a good friend it seems).Kanye posting his private texts today was rude even though he tried to explain why he posted them. 

No wonder Jay-Z and Beyoncé don't associate with them.

I hope John and Chrissy follow suit. No more play dates with Luna and the kids! LOL

SMH - posting their conversation was so junior high.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peaceknit said:

You're exactly right; I called it yesterday.  Anyone who's dealt with it, recognizes it immediately.

• Love 2

I'm guessing Kim has lost Chrissy Teigen as a friend LOL Why would he publically post John's tweets like that?

How can anyone in the family read this man's tweets & say it's just because he's a "free thinker"? He's delusional, & his god complex is showing again.

• Love 2

Nah, Chrissy and Kim are still trying to milk this for as much as they can.

Of course, you need to verify dinner plans on twitter instead of in person/phone call/by text. That's what happens when your claim to fame is someone else's talent, not your own.

I called it the day he got back on twitter. All those back to back, meandering, grandiose thoughts texts? He is in a full blown manic episode. I wouldn't doubt that he has a personality disorder too. He needs to learn the value of compliance and DBT/CBT or some sort of talk therapy. I don't feel sorry for him. After a certain point, it becomes a choice. 

The sisters and many tastemakers/influential celebs have disassociated themselves (unfollowed) from him. No one is willing to let their brand or paycheck suffer for someone who has chosen to be unstable, offensive, and isolationist. Kim will be divorcing him sooner than later. 

Edited by neenyah
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, neenyah said:

Nah, Chrissy and Kim are still trying to milk this for as much as they can.

Of course, you need to verify dinner plans on twitter instead of in person/phone call/by text. That's what happens when your claim to fame is someone else's talent, not your own.

I called it the day he got back on twitter. All those back to back, meandering, grandiose thoughts texts? He is in a full blown manic episode. I wouldn't doubt that he has a personality disorder too. He needs to learn the value of compliance and DBT/CBT or some sort of talk therapy. I don't feel sorry for him. After a certain point, it becomes a choice. 

The sisters and many tastemakers/influential celebs have disassociated themselves (unfollowed) from him. No one is willing to let their brand or paycheck suffer for someone who has chosen to be unstable, offensive, and isolationist. Kim will be divorcing him sooner than later. 

And all the paps will be checking out the local hangouts Friday night waiting for them to show up. Will it be a foursome or just the ladies?  Will Kanye give them some good quotes or be his sullen self? Kim knows how to work that publicity. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, nexxie said:

What did John Legend’s private texts say? Hopefully nothing too personal.

He tried to explain why Trump is such a divisive president and asked that Kanye reconsider his stance by applying some empathy and context to the situation. He also did warn Kanye that this type of endorsement could ruin the legacy Kanye has worked hard to build (I would say his key demographic are the very people who would strongly disagree with his comments).

Kanye responded with a insulting compliment about loving John but then accusing him of using his legacy as a tactic based on fear to manipulate his free thought.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I have no doubt Kanye lost many followers the last 2 days but yeah losing a massive amount like 8 million followers that quickly and the original amount going back to normal in a few hours indicates a glitch. In fact he's slowly gaining followers. He's annoying a lot of people but his timeline is also a train wreck .

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

He tried to explain why Trump is such a divisive president and asked that Kanye reconsider his stance by applying some empathy and context to the situation. He also did warn Kanye that this type of endorsement could ruin the legacy Kanye has worked hard to build (I would say his key demographic are the very people who would strongly disagree with his comments).

Kanye responded with a insulting compliment about loving John but then accusing him of using his legacy as a tactic based on fear to manipulate his free thought.

And Kanye was right.

He used his “legacy” to try to shove Kanye back into the only publicly allowed box.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Aw my lahgs said:

And Kanye was right.

He used his “legacy” to try to shove Kanye back into the only publicly allowed box.

John is his friend, not his agent or publicist. That wasn't an attempt at some facade to regain favour but someone who feels that maybe their friend is unaware or ignoring the scope and magnitude of issues which have led many to feel offended and/or disappointed by Kanye's endorsement of Trump. Asking someone to reconsider isn't threatening or forcing them into a box. And in the very real moment of incredible backlash, it isn't out of place to say 'don't let this moment define your entire legacy' and I don't see how that's wrong. A comment like that doesn't solely mean - change your mind or shut up - but you can certainly learn to convey your thoughts in a way that doesn't make the reaction so divisive. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

John is his friend, not his agent or publicist. That wasn't an attempt at some facade to regain favour but someone who feels that maybe their friend is unaware or ignoring the scope and magnitude of issues which have led many to feel offended and/or disappointed by Kanye's endorsement of Trump. Asking someone to reconsider isn't threatening or forcing them into a box. And in the very real moment of incredible backlash, it isn't out of place to say 'don't let this moment define your entire legacy' and I don't see how that's wrong. A comment like that doesn't solely mean - change your mind or shut up - but you can certainly learn to convey your thoughts in a way that doesn't make the reaction so divisive. 

Kanye’s probably angling for another visit to see Trump and get his mug on the news. Then he’ll tweet about all the things he told Trump and how he’s going to be working with Trumps team to get all of his ideas in motion. 

Kim won’t attend the meeting but with the warmer weather we’re expecting I’m sure she’ll stroll around NYC or DC half naked..just because that’s what Kim does. 

• Love 3

Kanye is getting full media spotlight for his new projects the same way he always did, plus Kris Jenner sprinkles on top.

What is going to get people talking? A wealthy Black man praising Trump. (Followed by a weak caveat that Kanye only respects Trump on levels us mere mortals can’t comprehend).  A ridiculous number of nonsense tweets in one day?  PR Genius or stirring the simmering attention whoreish pot ...or is he....at that place again in late 2016.   Was he ever?  What has Kim not yet accomplished than to be caregiver for a mentally unstable paramour, gatekeeper for his truths, trampoline park safety guide for his social media gaffes that always launch into K! Or Y! Products. 

• Love 1

This must be the song Kim helped him write lyrics to. Or maybe it was North... or Saint. 

This has to be a put on.

if not, Kim will have to post pics of herself spread eagle to divert attention.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, GaT said:

WTF?????? Take a listen to this

I just posted it in the Music thread. Came here to see if anyone was talking about it LMAO. Kanye is such a MF'n troll. The beat is fantastic though. Kanye been hanging around them toddlers too long. Or maybe he was inspired by this?

Edited by AgentRXS
1 minute ago, AgentRXS said:

I just posted it in the Music thread. Came here to see if anyone was talking about it LMAO. Kanye is such a MF'n troll. The beat is fantastic though. I'm guessing this inspired him?

It would be just like him to be inspired by Bill Cosby, convicted sex offender, after all, he recently tweeted "I love the way Candace Owens thinks". He's going to do any controversial thing he can think of because "HE'S KANYE". 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

That's a future Grammy winner for Song of the Year! Scoopdi scoopdi poop scoopidi woop poop poop. Maybe Chicago's dirty diapers inspired him?

Maybe it’s a song he wrote to inspire North and Saint during potty training?

I don't know why Kanye even tweeted about this song because he apparently released a somewhat decent song with T.I. last night that debuted on the radio but no one is talking about it because poopity scoop is overshadowing everything lol

All joking aside,this is probably the most sane thing he's tweeted. If these two can mantain a strong friendship despite having two very different opinions that's a good thing and a good example to lead IMO 

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, GaT said:

WTF?????? Take a listen to this

No wonder this guy loves Trump - they’re both con men who act outrageously enough for fools to think they’re stable geniuses. About our society, let me just steal some recent words from Kim K: “It’s just so fucked up.” 

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 12

I hope this surgeon sues Kanye and gets paid for the use of his likeness on this album. Not only is is his image being used for album sales, the explanation is basically an indictment of this doctor's part in Donda's death, which was never legally proven, therefore a lowkey libel suit. 

I'll be happy to see him get broken down to the white meat on this.

Edited by neenyah
  • Love 6
On 4/26/2018 at 5:32 PM, peaceknit said:

Like many people with bipolar and depression disorders, they don't like the "dull" way they feel when on the meds, so they go off them. Then they go back on, then they go off again, and the cycle repeats. The trick is getting them to realize that taking the meds consistently for the rest of their lives is not an option, it's pretty much mandatory if they want to live normal lives in society. It's kind of sad really, especially if you don't like who you are when on the meds, and society doesn't like who you are when you are off them. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9

I sort of get Kanye in some ways.  I sort of like his fashion sense.  I get when you are talking about things you’re interested in, and that a lot of people can’t keep up with you.  Other stuff I do not understand.

I really loved it when Taylor Swift lied  about him, and of course people took her side, and then “dumb” Kim lowered the boom on her.   Kanye had some good traits, and it just may take some more time for him to mellow out.  

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Kanye had some good traits, and it just may take some more time for him to mellow out.  

But how long are people supposed to give him to "mellow out"? The man is 40 years old & the father of 3, how long are people supposed to keep excusing his behavior for whatever reason? 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, GaT said:

But how long are people supposed to give him to "mellow out"? The man is 40 years old & the father of 3, how long are people supposed to keep excusing his behavior for whatever reason? 

I don’t think you have to excuse him.  

It could take him to fifty or beyond.  

Lucky for Kanye, he hooked up with a family who appears to support him, and act like jackasses themselves.  

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, GaT said:

Can barely make out half of what he rambles about, jumping from subject  or idea to the next one... it’s just a jumble of nonsense and I don’t get how others can take it as some kind of genius. Kim might cause she’s so dumb and self absorbed that she probably barely listens to him.  But to me it’s just bizarre.  How someone like John Legend who is intelligent and thoughtful can listen to that and not be alarmed I don’t know.  He certainly seems to think something is off and not just an act for publicity.  I guess time will tell.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I don’t think you have to excuse him.  

It could take him to fifty or beyond.  

Lucky for Kanye, he hooked up with a family who appears to support him, and act like jackasses themselves.  

I’m not so sure of that. Yeah they act like jackasses for sure. But they pulled out all the stops to rein their resident nut Rob in. And I’m not convinced that Rob doesn’t suffer from some type of mental issues other than laziness and a sense of entitlement.  As long as they can keep Kanye quiet as he was the last 18 months they’ll put up with him, if he doesn’t go along with the program of medication and treatment, I see them cutting their losses and cutting ties with him.  There’s a method to their asshole actions, there isn’t to his.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Unfortunately a lot of artists attribute  (or society does) their genius to their mental illness, so they are less likely to seek treatment or stay with it.  See this more with male artists than female.

Dylan once said that he walks the line between sanity and insanity - a lot of creativity does seem to happen in that space.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:54 PM, RHJunkie said:

That wasn't an attempt at some facade to regain favour but someone who feels that maybe their friend is unaware or ignoring the scope and magnitude of issues which have led many to feel offended and/or disappointed by Kanye's endorsement of Trump.

Kanye, no different than any American, is allowed to have whatever political opinion he wants, regardless of who he does or does not "offend". 

Maybe more celebrities should consider heeding some old advice and just not publicly discuss politics/religion.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:47 PM, Mu Shu said:

I really loved it when Taylor Swift lied  about him, and of course people took her side, and then “dumb” Kim lowered the boom on her.

Oh, I enjoyed the living hell out of that!

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

Kanye, no different than any American, is allowed to have whatever political opinion he wants, regardless of who he does or does not "offend". 

Maybe more celebrities should consider heeding some old advice and just not publicly discuss politics/religion.

I would never suggest that he doesn't have that freedom or that he shouldn't exercise his freedom to discuss it openly. But also, part of exercising that freedom means that others can then exercise their right to challenge your perspectives or agree with them. Dialogue isn't a bad thing if done respectfully. In today's day and age, it's hard to discuss politics in a respectful manner, however, I thought John approached it well and while I think Kanye's response was a bit backhanded, that's par for the course when you're dealing with Kanye. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

But also, part of exercising that freedom means that others can then exercise their right to challenge your perspectives or agree with them.

Yet Kanye gets criticized for exercising that right (not saying criticized by you, @RHJunkie).  John Legend (I have no idea who he even is TBH) is pretty much telling Kanye to not state his opinion because it offends people...is he so arrogant that he doesn't think there are people offended by his opinion?  That his opinion is the one and only correct one to have?  Politically, if you are especially vocal about what side you support, you are going to offend people on the other side.  Perhaps both of them should stay away from discussing politics.  I'm a CPA and work for a consulting firm...you damn well better believe that the partners would not look kindly upon me if I started throwing my political opinions around on social media.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yet Kanye gets criticized for exercising that right (not saying criticized by you, @RHJunkie).  John Legend (I have no idea who he even is TBH) is pretty much telling Kanye to not state his opinion because it offends people...is he so arrogant that he doesn't think there are people offended by his opinion?  That his opinion is the one and only correct one to have?  Politically, if you are especially vocal about what side you support, you are going to offend people on the other side.  Perhaps both of them should stay away from discussing politics.  I'm a CPA and work for a consulting firm...you damn well better believe that the partners would not look kindly upon me if I started throwing my political opinions around on social media.

I totally agree, no matter what side you support, the other side will take offense. I only read the text message once but I didn't get the impression that John Legend told Kanye not to state his opinion. I think he was trying to have Kanye reconsider his opinion based on factors that I assume John Legend thinks that Kanye has not considered. I'm not a member of the black community, but it appears as though the overwhelming consensus of them speak out against the current President and his administration. Much has been done and said that has been taken as a means to continue to oppress and stereotype the black community and it's to the point where most won't compartmentalize racist behaviour and promises of jobs and a stronger economy.  There's definitely a moral stance that has been taken and given the out pour of opinions from the black community and black celebrities who have been critical of Kanye's comments, I think that there is an underlying sense of betrayal for his defense of Trump that goes beyond politics and I think that plays both into the reactions he's gotten and also John Legend's attempt to reach out to him privately. In this case, it doesn't seem like the discussion got out of hands and this wouldn't even be a discussion if one party hadn't released the private texts to the public.

I don't like to say that people in this industry shouldn't be talking about politics since they are voters and citizens who are still impacted by what happens in the White House, but it does lead to a point where it seems everything is politicized and that sucks.

If you've been to some weddings in the past 5-7 years, then chances are you know John Legend by his music even if not by name. He sings a lot of sappy love songs that people love to overuse as their first dance at weddings, haha.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't like to say that people in this industry shouldn't be talking about politics since they are voters and citizens who are still impacted by what happens in the White House, but it does lead to a point where it seems everything is politicized and that sucks.

I completely agree, they (and we, of course) should be allowed to say whatever they want whenever they want, I just don't think a public forum like social media should be the place to do so, because, as you said, everything has become politicized and I agree that it does suck.

I'm not a fan of the Hip Hop genre so don't care for Kanye's music, but I've always been kind of neutral about him as a person & lean more toward liking him, so I guess I cant help but feel bad for him that when he disagrees with popular opinion the press likes to show him as a ranting nutjob.  Yes, he's had a hospitalization, and he does have an illness, but I can't help but think (for no logical reason) that he's not as bad as he's made out to be.

• Love 6