Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

I have too much experience with mental illness as a result of multiple family members having not only bi-polar disorder but also schizophrenia. Believe me when I say being given the wrong medication can fuck you up even worse than not being on any medication at all. Its not easy to always hit on the right drugs either. My brother in-law went through about 6 different antidepressants (and some horrible manic episodes) before his doctors found what works.

• Love 9

I think there's a lot of misconceptions about bipolar disorder and not all people w it are the same. in my experience it's a pretty severe disorder. And even in the up moments in mania one can have delusions or ramble and babble incoherently & just not make any sense. Sometimes impulsive life decisions are made in mania like leaving a spouse without a goodbye or quitting a job or school shaving head or getting tattoos. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, iwasish said:

I have a feeling that the marriage was not turning out the way she expected it to or the way he expected it to. Are his issues to blame? Maybe. But the kind of life Kim wants to live, IMO, doesn't include all the things that need to be a part of living with someone who has to maintain a healthy lifestyle, that includes plenty of rest, minimal stress, a good diet and following his prescribed medication routine. Constant jetsetting, and it's resulting jet lag, disruption of sleep caused by attending parties, late night/all day recording sessions, filming of videos, a reality show, dealing with two young children etc, can't be good for him. She doesn't live a nine to five life and I doubt she wants to. He doesn't either and needs to. I just don't see a happy medium.

But Kim is not forcing Kanye to tag along for all her professional appearances, the only events they go to together are those that give both of them exposure, like the Met Ball and VMAs, and I'm sure she's not forcing him to do the long recording sessions either, since there's nothing in it for her. He can afford to have personal chefs cook him healthy meals, and their nannies do all the heavy lifting with the children. His lifestyle is 100% his choice.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, iwasish said:

He's out and about.... with blonde hair. Shades of Chris Brown.

Here's the pic of him with blonde (orange-ish) hair:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4015868/Kanye-West-surfaces-Los-Angeles-art-installation-seen-time-hospitalization-mental-breakdown.html

"Kanye West surfaces at Los Angeles art installation as he is seen for first time since hospitalization for mental breakdown"

He looks tired and pensive.

And everyone will get to see what a saint Kim is and what she has to cope with.

They may be laying the groundwork for when poor Kim divorces him because she just couldn't cope anymore.  It will be her third one - they will need to spin it.

ETA - sorry about double post

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, mwell345 said:

And everyone will get to see what a saint Kim is and what she has to cope with.

They may be laying the groundwork for when poor Kim divorces him because she just couldn't cope anymore.  It will be her third one - they will need to spin it.

ETA - sorry about double post

Up until this episode which they couldn't sweep under the carpet/hide/ignore, Kim and Kanye have always led separate lives. They were only together for PR moments but otherwise lived separate lives.

If Kim wants to leave Kanye, Kris will hire a PR guru so things can be spun in a way Kim comes out as the poor victim, the person in need of sympathy.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Nutella said:

Up until this episode which they couldn't sweep under the carpet/hide/ignore, Kim and Kanye have always led separate lives. They were only together for PR moments but otherwise lived separate lives.

Even to the point of living in separate houses, I believe.

Kim wanted the Vogue cover.  She wanted entry into the world of Anna Wintour. She wanted all the "perks" that apparently went with being the wife of Kanye West.   That old saying - Be careful what you wish for.  I don't think she will have an easy time extracting herself from this marriage as she did her other marriages. 

We've already seen flashes of how difficult Kanye can be on KUWTK.  It's been somewhat balanced however.   It won't be anymore.

• Love 5

This article has an old picture of Kim and Kayne from 2012, when they were dating. They are at a sports event. They are looking at each other, both smiling, and you can see real warmth and affection. I believe they loved each other at first. But in most of their photos from the past year or so, they look like they can't stand to be together. They often look grim and bored, like they wished they were somewhere else. I've only seen Kayne smiling when he's with one of the babies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/06/17/kim-kardashian-likes-dating-kanye_n_1603727.html

Huffington Post UK, June 7, 2012, Kim Kardashian Likes Dating Older Man Kanye West

Kim Kardashian and Kayne 2012 -o-KIM-KARDASHIAN-KANYE-WEST-KIDS-570.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 3

Look how different she looks in these pictures, she still had an ethnic look. I can't believe it was only 4 years ago, how many nose jobs has she had since then? 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, GaT said:

He's back redoing the mansion, that's a real sign of mental health /s. The damn thing is over 20,000 square feet, what is he putting in there?

So basically nothing has changed? It wouldn't surprise me if he is refusing medication, thinking he just needed a rest. I never thought King Kanye would surrender so easily to the fact that he needs help and his life has got to change.I don't see this ending well. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5

Last week I watched "First Monday in May" about the Met Ball.  (It's interesting, worth watching to see what goes into it).  At one point, during the gala, the cameras panned the guests and landed on Kim and Kanye.  Kanye was on his knees in front of Kim, apparently making an adjustment to the hem of her dress.  When Kim saw the camera was on her, she smiled but to me she just looked embarrassed.

The thing is, I'm sure the hem of her dress was just fine, like the house is just fine.

If she is funding this house project, she really does need make it stop. But I wonder if she's afraid of how he'll react. 

The catering to Kanye's supposed artistic genius should have stopped a long time ago anyway.  I don't see this ending well, either. 

• Love 6

Can you guys imagine what an absolute disaster that house is going to be once it's finished? It's already an architectural nightmare and Kanye's tinkering some more? Kim never struck me as stupid about her money. I can't believe she's financing this.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Can you guys imagine what an absolute disaster that house is going to be once it's finished? It's already an architectural nightmare and Kanye's tinkering some more? Kim never struck me as stupid about her money. I can't believe she's financing this.

She started in an effort upgrade her name...Vogue covers, Met Ball, etc. She could only get those things as Kanye's wife/partner. 

She may be looking for her exit now that she's gotten them. The sad part is (for her) that she will never achieve that again. All she can do now with her notoriety is build for Kylie or North's futures.

• Love 3

The Telegraph says: "According to US media, a Trump spokesman has confirmed Mr. West is meeting with the president-elect."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/13/kanye-west-seen-heading-meeting-donald-trump-trump-tower/

Others are reporting the reason he is in NY is to find an east coast therapist.  THat makes sense.  Meeting with Trump - l will need to see the photos.

ETA: NBC news also reporting via Twitter that he is indeed meeting with Trump and CNN just showed a photo of them both.

Edited by mwell345
18 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

According to TMZ, Kanye is doctor shopping for a psychiatrist to treat him when he's in NYC. 

Also according to TMZ, Kanye is working on remodeling his house in order to relax.  Because in Kanye's world, up is down.

Because there are no psychiatrists in LA?

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

There's a lot of speculation that he will perform at the inauguration.

Having a psychiatrist on both coasts IMO is a good thing. It shows he wants to keep up with therapy even when he isn't home.

Hmm, Kayne performing at the inauguration of his good friend Trump -- I can see that happening. The Trump team has been having a hard time finding A-list entertainers willing to perform. Be funny if Kayne goes off on one of his rants during a performance at the inauguration!

Or he could run up on the dais in front of Trump right before he's sworn in, saying "Imma let you finish, but... "

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Is Corey babysitting him?  There's no denying Corey as an employee with him trailing behind Kanye with rest of bodyguards.

That IS Corey. Good catch!  Maybe Kris sent him along so she and Kim can plan their divorce strategy in privacy. Corey probably gets in the way alot anyway.

Seriously,  CNN?

"This is yet another sign that the hip-hop mogul and rapper, who declared a 2020 presidential bid at the VMA's last year, is open to working with the President-elect."

Work together on what exactly?  Lyrics?   Is there a cabinet position we don't know about?  Is he giving Melania decorating tips for the WH? Does he want Trump's input into his possible presidential bid (Like that was ever going anywhere to begin with)?  

And why would it matter whether or not Kanye is "open to working with" Trump? Are we supposed to be relieved to hear that?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/13/politics/kanye-west-donald-trump-trump-tower/index.html

• Love 9
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

There's a lot of speculation that he will perform at the inauguration.

Having a psychiatrist on both coasts IMO is a good thing. It shows he wants to keep up with therapy even when he isn't home.

Bingo.  THAT will be Kim's big return to the media.  Crashing the inauguration.  Who wants to see what these hookers wear to the Inaugural ball?

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Bingo.  THAT will be Kim's big return to the media.  Crashing the inauguration.  Who wants to see what these hookers wear to the Inaugural ball?

Why Yeezy, of course!

kardashians-0ee91227-cba6-4e08-b2d6-e4d354c3038b.jpg

• Love 3

OK - this is from E!  - Exclusive - why they met. You can click the link but I'll save you the trouble:

"Kanye West and President-elect Donald Trump met at Trump Tower Tuesday morning to discuss a potential role for the rapper, E! News has learned exclusively.

The "Jesus Walks" rapper met with Trump to discuss becoming an "ambassador of sorts," a source close to West tells E! News. The source adds that Trump is interested in getting West involved in an "entrepreneurial leadership role."

As for how the meeting came about, the insider tells us that Trump's team reached out to West. "Trump thinks he's a great role model when it comes to business," the insider adds.

E! News has reached out to Trump's team for comment."

http://www.eonline.com/news/815532/why-kanye-west-and-president-elect-donald-trump-met

So the almost bankrupt Twitter money beggar is a great business role model?  Trump thinks that?  Of all the business people in the country, Kayne is the role model and could become an "ambassador"?

Is there something I'm not understanding?  Because I think there must be.

• Love 10