Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Why is Kris still tweeting garbage about her incredible time at the Angel ball?  How is she smiling and posing on the red carpet knowing at the same time her son in law was in a psychotic state (according to the police report via TMZ).  Why was she even at the ball?  She divorced Rob Sr 13 years before he died (and I doubt they were on good terms when he did). 

Kris is such a fucking piece of shit.  She repeatedly cheated on Robert, then threw it in his face and discarded him.  She is rewriting history, she is pathetic. 

2 hours ago, iwasish said:

If he wasn't sleeping for several days and was dehydrated enough to cause a psychotic break

I am usually tired and dehydrated.  I don't try to kill myself or others.  I imagine that the dehydration and exhaustion are symptoms of his very serious mental illness.  I guess no one is going to come clean about that, and honestly, that is his right.  This should be a private matter.  I just wish Kris and her BS spin machine didn't try to warp every detail of their lives, just so they can continue to try to make people jealous of their wealth and "fabulous" life.  Erase any hint of trouble. 

1 hour ago, GaT said:

The problem for the Kardashians is the same problem they've always had, they have no talent. Their only ability to make money is based on their fame, Britney has an actual talent, so she could pull back on the fame part, but if the Kardashians pull back it's going to be "out of sight, out of mind" & that will be it for the money. The show is what drives everything, so they need to keep in the public eye to make sure the show doesn't get canceled.

You are so right!  Their livelihood is being famous, and without instagram and snapchat, they are nothing.  But don't they have enough??  I am sure they want more.  If they could just put aside their disgusting relentless pursuit of money, maybe they have a chance. 

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

KenDULL was recently hospitalized for "exhaustion" as well. And then there's Kimmy and her extreme narcissism.

Yeah I have a feeling there is wayyy more to the Kendall story.  One of them will end up dead soon, it is just too much all the time.  Mental illness is no joke, it is sometimes life or death. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, GaT said:

This is another thing that makes me suspicious, he was at Harley Pasternak's gym, he's a famous celebrity trainer & the papps are always around the place to take pictures. Why would he be there? Especially since we know the trainer the girls use comes to their houses. Something really odd about the whole thing.

I thought I read somewhere that Kanye was at Harley's house, which may double as a gym of sorts, so maybe he was there on a personal / friendly visit.  This is all so bizarre.  Has Kanye been released from the hospital?  It's been 24 hours.  This has to be very scary for Kim.  I'd rather get a call that my husband was recovering at the hospital due to a car accident than a mental breakdown.  Broken bones heal themselves.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, GaT said:

This is another thing that makes me suspicious, he was at Harley Pasternak's gym, he's a famous celebrity trainer & the papps are always around the place to take pictures. Why would he be there? Especially since we know the trainer the girls use comes to their houses. Something really odd about the whole thing.

I agree, this does not pass the smell test. 

Adding to the fact that I never believe a single word from any of the Kardashians.  I kind of think that they are so used to lying, they don't remember how to tell the truth.   

• Love 6

I think Kanye went off the deep end.  Good.  Now maybe he'll do something about his behavior, whatever it takes.    As much of an ass he can be, I think he's a loving father and appreciative of his Kardashian family.  Damnit, I have a soft spot for the big wackadoo.  

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Maybe this was Kanye's way of getting Kim's attention. He preempted her return to the public stage.

http://people.com/celebrity/kanye-west-outbursts-toll-marriage-protective-kim-kardashian-west/

I doubt Kanye did this intentionally to Kim.  Having a 5150 called on you, as a high profile celebrity, isn't a "good look".  It is unfortunate due to the stigma and general ignorance of the public about mental illness.  Kanye has huge contracts and endorsements, and he would risk losing those were he to agree to do this simply as a publicity stunt.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I doubt Kanye did this intentionally to Kim.  Having a 5150 called on you, as a high profile celebrity, isn't a "good look".  It is unfortunate due to the stigma and general ignorance of the public about mental illness.  Kanye has huge contracts and endorsements, and he would risk losing those were he to agree to do this simply as a publicity stunt.  

I don't think it was a publicity stunt - but possibly a cry for help because this narcissist wasn't receiving the attention from his wife that he expects, and actually feels he needs.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I doubt Kanye did this intentionally to Kim.  Having a 5150 called on you, as a high profile celebrity, isn't a "good look". 

Especially for a rapper. They have all sorts of behaviors that they just don't do because they think it makes them look bad. When Drake's tour bus was robbed a couple of months ago, he publicly denied he was ever robbed even though they arrested someone & had him on surveillance video because getting robbed made him look bad to other rappers (don't ask me why, I don't know), so I don't think a rapper is going to pick a 5150 hold to get publicity.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

It sounds like it was that type of meltdown!  I am not a doctor, but I do know a few people who suffer from bipolar disorder.  It sounds like classic bipolar.  Sometimes people think it is drugs because the person is all hopped up,  but that can be the manic episode.  There are only 2 ways to be up for 48 hours - drugs or mania.

These people (Kardashians and Kanye) need to be away from the public eye for a while.  Everyone is suffering.  The human psyche is not equipped for this level of fame, and invasion.  It is not healthy. 

My mom has rapid cycling bipolar disorder and has been unmedicated my entire life. I do wonder if Kanye has it based on my experience and have a lot of sympathy for Britney and respect for her recovery and growth. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, nexxie said:

Maybe this was Kanye's way of getting Kim's attention. He preempted her return to the public stage.

http://people.com/celebrity/kanye-west-outbursts-toll-marriage-protective-kim-kardashian-west/

“With the tour canceled, Kim hopes that Kanye will feel better soon,” says the insider. “He needs to shape up for them to work out.”

She's already setting herself up to be the victim in a divorce.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

“With the tour canceled, Kim hopes that Kanye will feel better soon,” says the insider. “He needs to shape up for them to work out.”

She's already setting herself up to be the victim in a divorce.

I have seen a few more articles with similar hints - and then there's this (for a chuckle):

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/stasi-kanye-west-victim-kardashian-curse-article-1.2883993

• Love 5

Follow the money, and things start to make more sense:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/23/kanye-west-insurance-money/ "Kanye West: Psychosis Diagnosis May Trigger Huge Payout" 11/23/2016 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kayne West is dealing with a medical emergency, but there's a silver lining ... it may have saved him millions of dollars.

Kanye announced the cancellation of his tour 6 hours before he was handcuffed to a stretcher and hauled off to UCLA Medical Center for psychiatric evaluation.

The rapper not only reportedly lost around $30 mil for his cut of the remaining concerts, but he's on the hook for venues and others with whom he made contracts.

TMZ has learned ... Kanye had an insurance policy that covered him in the event illness prevented him from performing. The policy provides the insurance carrier will pay Kanye for not only the money he'd make but the money he was obligated to pay others if "accident or illness ... prevents any Insured Person from appearing or continuing to appear in any or all of the Insured Performance(s) or Event(s)."

Translation ... Kanye's doctor laid the groundwork for filing a claim under the policy. 

BTW ... the insurance company can deny coverage if Kanye had a preexisting condition that he didn't disclose at the time the policy was issued, or if his illness was caused by his "unreasonable or capricious behavior."

Well, that's the catch: the pre-existing condition. Also, Kayne has been acting "unreasonable and capricious" for years now, and his deliberate sleep deprivation could have caused this illness episode -- his workaholic nature, perfectionism, delusions of grandeur, etc. There are plenty of examples of him acting unreasonable. The question is, when was the insurance policy issued? I don't know anything about policies for musicians' tours. Do they take out a new policy for each tour, or do they get some kind of long-term umbrella policy to cover all their tours?

• Love 5

Monday i belive was the anniversary of Kanye's mother's death, which he feels guilt over, and is still mourning. loosing a parent is something i couldn't imagine especially so tragically. 

The insurance stuff is just that stuff, all musicians have those type of policies in place when they go on tour. 

I am team Kanye, crazy im a genius rants and all. i pray that behind the scenes kim is a supportive wife for him and he recovers. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, GaT said:

He doesn't look like he works out very much. 

Did the doctor see him at the gym or just hear about it from the trainer?

I saw John Legend say that he and Chrissy were with them recently and were concerned over "what they saw" and I saw a clip from the Ellen show much earlier this year and he was acting really nutso. I don't think it's being faked. I think it's been a long time coming.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Monday i belive was the anniversary of Kanye's mother's death, which he feels guilt over, and is still mourning. loosing a parent is something i couldn't imagine especially so tragically. 

The insurance stuff is just that stuff, all musicians have those type of policies in place when they go on tour. 

I am team Kanye, crazy im a genius rants and all. i pray that behind the scenes kim is a supportive wife for him and he recovers. 

I don't see Kim as the sitting at his bedside, unshowered, showing unconditional support type.

I see her response to the doctors as " umm, yeah , like how long will it like take, till like he's like normal?"  " um, can't you just, um ah give him a shot?" "Or can he maybe like meditate? That helped Kendall from being anxious " " It cured her in like literally one time.... bible !"

• Love 11

I just read this op-ed and i agree with this person's statement.

Social media has been in an uproar for the past 48 hours over Kanye West. Shortly after his "Saint Pablo" Tour was canceled, He was also admitted into the hospital for a Psych evaluation. According to TMZ, Kanye was being seen by a physician for severe sleep deprivation prior to his admission. Sources also say Kanye was restrained when he refused to go.

Many people have mixed reactions when it comes to Kanye. Some say he's a musical genius, while others say he's an arrogant asshole. Kanye has changed over the years. Sometimes he has very expressive, and random outburst about how he's feeling.

Some people love his rants, and others call it obnoxious. While everyone has different opinions on his rants, I rarely hear anyone say "What is the source of them?"

When Kanye canceled his entire tour, after having another random outburst on stage, people were angry, but not many were asking "Is he ok?" We never really ask if he's ok, or if something is wrong. Some people even encourage his outburst. A lot of his fans think it's cool the way he acts, and they never think anything else of it.

By Jasmin Pierre*, AFROPUNK contributor

Since the psych evaluation has been reported I haven't seen much concern. What I do see is a lot of laughter, and mocking going on. Some people have said

"Must be the Kardashian curse"

Others have said

"He's just trying to get attention, that's what he gets for being an asshole"
No matter how you may feel about Kanye West, Mental health issues are VERY real. Just because he has all of this money, and fame doesn't mean he isn't human. Just because he has angry rants, and has said things we may not agree with, doesn't mean he can't be in pain. Obviously something is going on with him.

Some people also tend to forget Kanye did lose his mother. While this may have been years ago, a lot of pain can still come from it. A lot of built up mental anguish that's never been resolved can be in his mind. This may not be the exact source of what's going on with him right now, but it can very well be an underlying factor.

Many people tend to overlook mental health issues, signs, and symptoms until it becomes too late. Maybe Kanye's attitude is more than meets the eye. Mental health issues can be very complexed. You're not your true self when going through those kind of situations. Many people go untreated for years. While we may not be entirely sure what's wrong with Kanye, and his mental health right now, it's nothing to joke about. Nothing is funny about mental illness. I hope he gets the help he needs.

*Jasmin Pierre is a mental health activist and the author of “A Fight Worth Finishing”. She is from New Orleans, Louisiana. Jasmin is constantly fighting for the rights of those suffering from major depressive disorder. She aspires to become a life coach and continue writing to encourage others to never give up.

• Love 5

That's a really, really good article and it mirrors everything I've been thinking. I dont like Kanye but I take mental illness very seriously. Much like Lamar's OD, Kim's robbery, Scott checking into rehab etc..every time something happens to any of them the first thought is "fake, fake, fake" or people just laugh and make jokes. There is so much Kardashian hatred the fact that they are human gets swept under the rug. I cant find a single thing about this situation to laugh at. Kim may be vapid but I doubt she's making light of the father of her kids having a mental breakdown down either, even if SHE is having a hard time dealing with him.  When there are children involved it makes an already hard situation even worse.

• Love 6

This entire family is overflowing with mental illnesses, both diagnosed and undiagnosed.  This is not normal, and eventually the constant exposure and their collective ignorance and intense focus on the almighty dollar at the expense of their health is going to end in tragedy.

And it sucks to say it, but at this point, many people that follow this family (myself included) tend to take everything that happens to them with a huge grain of salt, wondering if it's not just another publicity stunt.  I absolutely believe that Kanye is ill and needs help, but given what we know about this family, the default opinion is, "is any of it real?"

• Love 16

He clearly has a mental illness, so he will most likely have to be on medication for the rest of life to keep it under control. The meds will change who he is. I don't see him agreeing to that. He's not just going to willingly accept his diagnosis. There are many people that stop taking their meds because they don't like the way they feel when on them. So they stop. And the cycle goes on and on. This is going to be a long road for him, we haven't seen the last of his craziness. I, for one, am sick of hearing about his depression over his mother's death. It happened years ago. He has got to learn to cope with that.I lost my mom when I was 17. It was traumatic for me. You have to go on with life even though it leaves a hole in your heart forever. 

As far as Kim goes, reports are already surfacing about how she rushed to be by his side, has his back, and how wonderful of a wife she is. Isn't that what a wife is suppposed to do? She's probably thinking: Shit, I was really trying to distance myself from him and now I have to be the dutiful wife so the public doesn't hate my guts.How long will I have to wait until it's acceptable to divorce him without looking like a complete asshole?  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 14

I know losing a parent sucks, but it's not like Kanye is the first person in the world to lose a mother or father at a relatively young age. I was 35 when my Dad died, the Kardashian kids were in their late teens/early 20s when they lost Rob. Sr.  I don't doubt that Donda's passing put Kanye in a bad place, but I feel like it's too much of a fallback excuse to explain why he married Kim or why he's going off the deep end. Whatever mental issues he has would have surface eventually whether his mother was still here or not.

As far as Kim, she could probably divorce him and come out looking okay, especially if they spin it as his instability being a safety issue for the kids.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

He clearly has a mental illness, so he will most likely have to be on medication for the rest of life to keep it under control. The meds will change who he is. I don't see him agreeing to that. He's not just going to willingly accept his diagnosis. This is going to be a long road for him, we haven't seen the last of his craziness. I, for one, am sick of hearing about his depression over his mother's death. It happened years ago. He has got to learn to cope with that.I lost my mom when I was 17. It was traumatic for me. You have to go on with life even though it leaves a hole in your heart forever. 

As far as Kim goes, reports are already surfacing about how she rushed to be by his side, has his back, and how wonderful of a wife she is. Isn't that what a wife is suppposed to do? She's probably thinking: Shit, I was really trying to distance myself from him and now I have to be the dutiful wife so the public doesn't hate my guts.How long will I have to wait until it's acceptable to divorce him without looking like a complete asshole?  

I agree completely. She rode Kourtney hard to dump Scott and Khloe with Lamar.  She dumped the Hump after 72 days because she wasn't happy. She has a stone cold interior that lets her size up the situation and discard any emotional aspect of it and move on.

And yeah I lost my mom 11 years ago and it hurts, but she'd be pretty pissed off at me if I was letting that still put roadblocks in living my life.  Thinking of her is mostly a comfort for me now.  

• Love 17
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I know losing a parent sucks, but it's not like Kanye is the first person in the world to lose a mother or father at a relatively young age.

Different strokes for different folks.  I was 28 when mine died.  The grief was sufficient enough to pull the mask off my underlying bipolar disorder, and the rest, as they say, is history.

If Kim divorces Kanye over this, she is just a low-down dirty dog.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

Different strokes for different folks.  I was 28 when mine died.  The grief was sufficient enough to pull the mask off my underlying bipolar disorder, and the rest, as they say, is history.

If Kim divorces Kanye over this, she is just a low-down dirty dog.

She's not dumb enough to use this as the reason. But she'll find another.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, GaT said:

And doesn't their new mansion have its own gym???

• Love 4
21 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I thought I read somewhere that Kanye was at Harley's house, which may double as a gym of sorts, so maybe he was there on a personal / friendly visit.  This is all so bizarre.  Has Kanye been released from the hospital?  It's been 24 hours.  This has to be very scary for Kim.  I'd rather get a call that my husband was recovering at the hospital due to a car accident than a mental breakdown.  Broken bones heal themselves.

5150 is a 72-hour hold. They may not keep him the full time, but legally they can.

21 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

You are so right!  Their livelihood is being famous, and without instagram and snapchat, they are nothing.  But don't they have enough??  I am sure they want more.  If they could just put aside their disgusting relentless pursuit of money, maybe they have a chance. 

If I had anywhere near the $$ they have, I would have invested it and retired LONG ago. I don't need much, lol.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This entire family is overflowing with mental illnesses, both diagnosed and undiagnosed.  This is not normal, and eventually the constant exposure and their collective ignorance and intense focus on the almighty dollar at the expense of their health is going to end in tragedy.

And it sucks to say it, but at this point, many people that follow this family (myself included) tend to take everything that happens to them with a huge grain of salt, wondering if it's not just another publicity stunt.  I absolutely believe that Kanye is ill and needs help, but given what we know about this family, the default opinion is, "is any of it real?"

They ARE known liars. Fact.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

It isn't easy to lose a parent, I lost mine within 13 months of each other when I was pretty young. It isn't easy but it is expected and it happens to most of us. I'm sick of that being an excuse for his behavior.   He's a grown man, he's not a young child who lost his mother, not that it's easy at any age.  I wish him well but his mom's death shouldn't be an excuse for the way he behaves.  Like the above poster,  my mom would be pissed if I used her death as an excuse for anything. 

Didn't his mom die because she left the country to have plastic surgery after American doctors told her it was too dangerous and could kill her?   Is that Kanye's mom or am I thinking of somebody else? 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 6

The thing is though, everyone handles death differently. Five years ago my best friends father died of a massive heart attack while me and her went away for a bachelorette weekend. This was five years ago ago and she still feels guilt and still asks "what if" we never took that trip, if she could have saved him if she was nearby.  If Kanye had mental problems already and/or any type of brain damage due to the car accident then you simply don't process things the way sane people do. If hes bipolar like what is being suggested when you have your down days everything is much harder to handle. And we really don't know what other things people have going on in life that adds to anxiety/depression. I haven't heard anyone that knows Kanye say that his mothers death is the cause of everything, just a lot of speculation.

• Love 3

TMZ has changed their tune on the dehydration/sleep deprivation story. (BTW, I loved that New York Daily News comment about the Gatorade!) Kris must have called up Harvey and leaked some more confidential medical information about Kayne. Now TMZ is saying he has a much more serious psychiatric problem.

Kris is treating Kayne's medical condition as a cash-generating opportunity, just like she did with Lamar's overdose. Now we will be getting a constant drip-drip-drip of information on Kayne's condition. Kris makes me sick!  I don't think Lamar wanted the whole world to know every humiliating detail of his overdose and recovery, and I seriously doubt Kayne wants his personal mental illness business broadcast all over the tabloids either.

I hope Kayne chews Kris up and spits her out as soon as he's well enough!

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/24/kanye-west-sleep-water-deprivation-hospital-holiday/

"Kanye West: Way Worse than Sleep and Water Deprivation" 11/24/2016 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kayne West is in a bad mental state ... and sources familiar with the situation tell us his hospitalization is far from over...

Kanye's doctor told cops he was suffering from a temporary psychosis brought on by sleep deprivation and extreme dehydration, but we're told the problems go much deeper.

A well-connected Kanye source tells us Kanye's psychological problems are significant enough so that his insurance policy -- which covers lost profits and financial obligations for cancelled concerts due to illness -- will almost certainly cover the losses for the 21 concerts he's cancelled.

Yeah. "We're Told"  [by Kris] ... "a well-connected source tells us..." [Kris]. That fucking greedy bitch.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

A well-connected Kanye source tells us Kanye's psychological problems are significant enough so that his insurance policy -- which covers lost profits and financial obligations for cancelled concerts due to illness -- will almost certainly cover the losses for the 21 concerts he's cancelled.

Called that one.

• Love 5

I hope this is nothing genetic, because he's got 2 kids that could inherit whatever the problem is. I hope they haven't already gone ahead with the surrogate, they may want to change their minds if it's genetic.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, GaT said:

I hope this is nothing genetic, because he's got 2 kids that could inherit whatever the problem is. I hope they haven't already gone ahead with the surrogate, they may want to change their minds if it's genetic.

Kids are already doomed, IMO, with those two as parents.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I know by now that TMZ has no shame but ugh. Harvey Levin is a lawyer. I think its really low that they do post stuff that's supposed to be confidential medical issues. I feel for North and Saint that he won't be home for Thanksgiving. 

Yes and no. If Kanye wasn't always in our face with his ranting and demands to be heard, I'd agree with you. But when we have so many impressionable fans, well... they need to know the lights may be on, but he's not home.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Didn't his mom die because she left the country to have plastic surgery after American doctors told her it was too dangerous and could kill her?   Is that Kanye's mom or am I thinking of somebody else? 

No, you got that right. A successful and educated woman too. Then Kanye went and married into a family who have cosmetic surgery on a regular basis.

• Love 6

Why are we supposed to suddenly be sympathetic because he might have some mental issues, when Kim and the Klan, along with his friends have just passed his behavior off as just " that's Kanye, he has no filter, he just says what he thinks, he's just so passionate " 

All that grandiosity, the extravagant proposal, the stories that came out about his nutso behavior at the wedding,ripping apart some piece of furniture and feverishly rebuilding it, the ridiculous waste of money engraving names(some mis-spelled!) instead of place cards on the marble tables the guests sat at. So many signs that there was something seriously wrong. Yet Kim  just accepted it as "he's just so In love with me, look at his over the top gestures of devotion" " I deserve this".

And the biggest mess of all was the constant changes in design on their new house, ripping out stuff that he had previously approved and starting over, just pissing money away over some fantasy. 

So many of us have said, however crudely, that this guy is crazy, mentally ill, unbalanced... and have been chastised. Now we are proven correct, and the family spin machine must be working to decide how to put it out in the press. The fear must be that will he go along with their spin when he's out? 

If he truly is bi polar or something along that line, I really don't see the Kardashian machine being happy with that as a part of it. And I don't see Kim as being the kind of person that wants to have to deal with those issues for the rest of her life. It's a harsh thing to say but sadly that's the persona she's put out there. Her frustration with Scott and Lamar's problems and her own brother's also, the lack of understanding and compassion for them and their failure to straighten themselves out,  why should I think she'll feel differently when it's her life that's going to be so affected by this? 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 16

North and Saint are too young to understand what's going on but North is old enough to realize her father hasn't been home and she's also at the age where kids sense when something isn't right. IMO she likely cares. For all of Kanye's douchebaggery behavior there are the moments like when he dressed up as an Easter Bunny and North was so excited shouting "mommy, its daddy" and started hugging him. Whether you hate Kanye or not he's still a father and yeah I'm very sympathetic.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, GaT said:

Are you seriously suggesting people with diagnosed mental illnesses shouldn't procreate?  Like, if Kanye is Bipolar, he and Kim should hesitate to have children?  Jesus.  

• Love 8

Why shouldn't that be a concern? We worry about other genetic diseases.  I think it is certainly something to think about. While some people with mental disease, after diagnosis and treatment, live long happy and successful lives. There are equally as many and maybe more who struggle horribly and are unhappy through out, either because the disease is undiagnosed or because they are unable or unwilling to be helped  either thru medicine or psychiatry. I'd think long and hard before considering conceiving a child that might have a devastating physical disease or defect that would affect them and I'd put an equal concern to any possible genetic mental disease also.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Why shouldn't that be a concern? We worry about other genetic diseases.  I think it is certainly something to think about. While some people with mental disease, after diagnosis and treatment, live long happy and successful lives. There are equally as many and maybe more who struggle horribly and are unhappy through out, either because the disease is undiagnosed or because they are unable or unwilling to be helped  either thru medicine or psychiatry. I'd think long and hard before considering conceiving a child that might have a devastating physical disease or defect that would affect them and I'd put an equal concern to any possible genetic mental disease also.

Kanye's has had a very successful life, professionally and personally for 39 years.  He's been hospitalized for 4 days.  What's been going on with him the past week shouldn't suddenly make him unfit to procreate.  Who knows what kind of medical advances could be available to Kanye's kids by the time they are adults, if Kanye does have some genetic mental disorder. 

• Love 4

I think Kim will scrap baby #3. She only wanted it for attention anyways, so there's really no point in continuing with a surrogate if an upcoming divorce is in the works.

I think their marriage is purely a business arrangement and they were both okay with that. Now the arrangement is no longer beneficial to Kim. She wants to be envied, and nobody envies a woman who's husband is in the psych ward. The kids are being raised by nannies as it is, so there isn't a strong, loving family unit to begin with. I predict a divorce announcement shortly after the holidays.

• Love 5

I heard that in elementary school they thought he was autistic, and wanted to put him into a special needs class, but his mother who was a teacher resisted this. The story is told as if she triumphed over people who misunderstood her son and tried to limit his opportunities, but it makes me think that very early on something was different about him. I don't know if he would be better off if he'd received the help she denied him, or if the special needs classes were actually helping those kids or not, but add this to the massive head injury, the probable narcissism and the possible bipolar and he is certainly an absolute nightmare to be around. It would be very hard for him to change, if he saw a need to, and wanted to. I don't think he thinks there is anything wrong with him that he needs to change. If he is bipolar and gets onto the right meds, and stays on them, he might perceive that life is better. Or he might miss the highs and low or dislike the side effects, or resist the idea that he needs life long meds and go off them ASAP.

A relative's husband and daughter are bipolar. You'd never know it with the husband, there is not sign of mania that I've noticed. He doesn't feel different on meds, but she reports that off them he's really mean to her. So he stays on them. He believes her that there is a positive difference when he's medicated. Their daughter didn't manifest mania as the pole opposite depression but rage. Part of why they changed the name from manic-depressive, I think. And again, her dad never seemed manic. But her life also changed for the better when she got on the right meds.

It's hard to get the right meds with a cooperative person, and impossible with someone who doesn't agree that they need the meds.

Good luck to Kanye and Kim, they need it. And to those poor kids. I hope the nannies are very stable.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Kanye's has had a very successful life, professionally and personally for 39 years.  He's been hospitalized for 4 days.  What's been going on with him the past week shouldn't suddenly make him unfit to procreate.  Who knows what kind of medical advances could be available to Kanye's kids by the time they are adults, if Kanye does have some genetic mental disorder. 

I wasn't posting specifically about Kanye. He is free to procreate as much as he wants .   I was stating my opinion that concern that mental  illness being a possible genetic issue is certainly something that I or other people should/may wish to consider when deciding to conceive a child.

42 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Kim will scrap baby #3. She only wanted it for attention anyways, so there's really no point in continuing with a surrogate if an upcoming divorce is in the works.

I think their marriage is purely a business arrangement and they were both okay with that. Now the arrangement is no longer beneficial to Kim. She wants to be envied, and nobody envies a woman who's husband is in the psych ward. The kids are being raised by nannies as it is, so there isn't a strong, loving family unit to begin with. I predict a divorce announcement shortly after the holidays.

of course she and Kris will put another spin on it and she'll move on without him.

I doubt she was seriously thinking of a surrogate anyway. Discussing the possibility that she might not love the baby as much as the two she "went thru hell with"  on TV. so that any child by surrogate could see and question  just how much less they are loved, isn't a good idea. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, iwasish said:

If he truly is bi polar or something along that line, I really don't see the Kardashian machine being happy with that as a part of it. And I don't see Kim as being the kind of person that wants to have to deal with those issues for the rest of her life. It's a harsh thing to say but sadly that's the persona she's put out there. Her frustration with Scott and Lamar's problems and her own brother's also, the lack of understanding and compassion for them and their failure to straighten themselves out,  why should I think she'll feel differently when it's her life that's going to be so affected by this? 

Scott, Lamar, Rob were beyond understanding and compassion.  At some point, enough is enough, the truth needs to be told and tough love needs to intervene.

Whereas with Kanye, there has been no indication he has mistreated, cheated or taken advantage of her.  Another big difference - as the father of their kids, they will always be some kind of relationship.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, StinkyGreyCat said:

Are you seriously suggesting people with diagnosed mental illnesses shouldn't procreate?  Like, if Kanye is Bipolar, he and Kim should hesitate to have children?  Jesus.  

No, I'm suggesting that they may want to think about it a bit more, If it's something the kids could inherit, they need to seriously stop & think about creating another human being whose life could be permanently screwed up if they also have whatever Kanye has. They have other options, they could use donor sperm or they could adopt.  

• Love 2