Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Eye Of The Deep

Not sure what the hell just happened....   I thought I'd re-watch episode 4 since so much of it went by 'non comprende'.  So I go to On Demand, and there's no episode 4 available.  There is an Episode 5.  So I think...hey they mislabeled this one or WTF, I don't know.  But then they show scenes from ep 4 in 'previously on The Bridge' and then I'm watching episode 5.  Exactly WHAT are the spoiler rules in a situation like this?  I will err on the side of caution and assume it is too early to discuss this episode, but wow.....powerful stuff indeed.  So does this mean I now have a nearly 2 week wait until I watch a new episode of The Bridge?  And where the hell did episode 4 go On Demand.  Poof.  It's gone.

It can be a bit confusing, but here's what's going on: Episode 4 should be up later today, as usual for On Demand. FX has been posting the next episode after the current episode airs. So, you can watch ep 5 all week until it's time for it to air next week. Then it will disappear until the next day, but you'll be able to watch ep 6 after 5 airs. Not sure why they're doing this, but they are. It's funny, because FX used to only post their current eps 8 days after they aired (American Horror Story was originally guilty of this). Not the brightest move -- you couldn't watch the next ep live since you couldn't watch the current ep until the day after. It's not like we weren't paying for cable and just watching it online for free! None of it really makes any sense to me, but what the heck, I prefer this to that!

Thanks Ms Lark.  I thought I'd entered the Magical Monarch of Mo or something.  But indeed it turns out simply to be not so simple FX logic at work.  This scheme does stretch the concept of spoiler rules "OK to post re: an episode once that episode has aired in any time zone" because On Demand and 'airing' are not precisely synonymous.  So I'll continue to refrain from discussing plot points for now......

Man, this episode was violent. Or gruesome. I hope that's ok to say - I sure would have loved a warning myself!

I can't find spoiler rules, but I'm thinking if an episode airs early On Demand, then it's available to a lot of viewers, so I'm not sure what the harm is in discussing it. Isn't that the point of episode threads vs. only one long thread for the show?

I had a bout of insomnia last night, so I watched this episode On Demand. I hope it's okay to discuss it here because something really bugged me.

I understand that Fausto is very powerful in Mexico, but I didn't believe that he has so much reach in the US that he could smuggle Marco into a federal prison. How many people were in on the plot? The female prison guard, the truck driver, at least half a dozen prisoners, and another prison guard from the looks of it. How could Marco just wander around a prison with guards opening doors and prisoners pointing him in the right direction without anyone snitching or any other guards wondering who the new guy was? And then after Marco has his moment with David Tate, a guard kindly points him to a door that leads him outside. I really like this show but that was just too much.

On another note, I'm really glad Marco didn't kill Tate. He didn't do anything except poke him in his already missing eye. I wonder if that means he is no longer indebted to Fausto.

I'm also really glad Sonya showed up just in time to stop the kidnapping of the Mexican prosecutor Pintero. I want to believe he is one of the few good uncorrupted officials in Mexico so I'd like him to team up with Marco to clean out the dirty police department. 

Just as I was getting a handle on the DEA, the cartel, and the US bank they throw me a curveball with the CIA and the Clio Corporation. I hope Abraham Benrubi's DEA agent doesn't end up like the other stuffed dead DEA agent. 

Edited by bunnyblue

I discovered I had missed episode 4 too after pulling up epi 5 On Demand and not recognizing any of the previouslies.  But by then 4 was available to watch first.  Weird. 

Ok, between this and GoT I am seriously over squished eyes.  No more, TV, enough.  Basta.

Yeah, I hope the prosecutor is a good guy so that Marco isn't the only (relatively) uncorrupt government employee in Mexico.  I still worry that he (Pintero?  I never learned his name) is secretly working with the dirty cops and wanted to find Eva to silence her.  Good news is that I finally realized the prosecutor and the Clio CEO are not the same guy.  I think I finally get what's going on.  Yay, me!

Some of you are getting Ep. 4 on On Demand, but not I. NOT I, I tell you. And getting the next ep. ahead of time is unheard of. Which cable company do you have?

I've always wondered why FX doesn't generally air the current episode until the next episode airs. You can never catch up. Doesn't seem like a good way to build an audience, eh?

I like the way "Major Crimes" works. The current episode precedes the new one on the same night.

And getting the next ep. ahead of time is unheard of. Which cable company do you have?

Comcast or Xfinity or whatever they want to call themselves. FX has been putting up the next ep since the beginning of the season. And yes, it is truly bizarre. Not sure how that helps ratings, but they seem to be doing ok.

Just watched episode 5. So SPOILERS will follow for episode 5.
ok, the whole spoon thing... I dont think I will be able to sleep tonite... And when Marco pressed his "eye"... I mean....

The best  episode so far, there was not a "dead" moment.
I like how the story is wrapping. I like how all things start to connect more and more.
I am not sure the prosecutor will  survive the season, I hope so but that will be a miracle.

I think Sonya will be in trouble.
They are keep setting up this one... Last week the Clio CEO warned Marco, this week Fausto warned Marco and the cops in Juarez threat her directly.. I have the feeling the Bro of the killer soon will be the least of her worries.
Plus it would be very interesting to see what Marco will do. He cant be one of Fausto 's man and protect Sonya at the same time. That would be tricky.
Oh and Fausto... yeah creepy... the head.... I mean..eeeew... 

oh yes, the episode title... " Eye of the Deep". eye? Eye? EYE? seriously?? :D

• Love 2

I understand that Fausto is very powerful in Mexico, but I didn't believe that he has so much reach in the US that he could smuggle Marco into a federal prison. How many people were in on the plot? The female prison guard, the truck driver, at least half a dozen prisoners, and another prison guard from the looks of it. How could Marco just wander around a prison with guards opening doors and prisoners pointing him in the right direction without anyone snitching or any other guards wondering who the new guy was? And then after Marco has his moment with David Tate, a guard kindly points him to a door that leads him outside. I really like this show but that was just too much.

That is why Marco asked Fausto, cause he knew he had the means to do it. Apparently he paid/bribed MANY people. It was impressive how easily it was done. I had the feeling the writers wanted us to feel this during the whole "operation Eyeball". This is how powerful Fausto is. And this  is how much Marco is now tied with Fausto. Cause Fausto (who dont  forget, even the CIA is protecting him somehow) pulled a lot of threads to organize this one. Marco owes him his soul now. And I think he will have to protect/save Sonya soon (they keep hinting it).  

• Love 1

Responses below based on having watched this episode--

I like how the story is wrapping. I like how all things start to connect more and more.

Yes, but not as elegantly or with as much continuity as the way Vince Gilligan wove together plot threads on Breaking Bad.

Speaking of which--interesting contrast between the innocent boy on the bike in BB who wandered into a drug manufacturing transport and the boy gang on bicycles who overtook a drug transport.

I wonder what will happen with the one who survived and how he might fit into the plot(s).

...I have the feeling the Bro of the killer soon will be the least of her [sonya's] worries.

I could imagine that she finds out he was involved with her sister's killing, but that could go several different ways. Like maybe he knows he should kill her to protect himself, but chooses to save her instead.

...oh yes, the episode title... " Eye of the Deep". eye? Eye? EYE? seriously?? :D

I know! Seriously!!!!

This is the second cremation I've seen this week on a current TV episode. Not sure that being eaten by worms wouldn't be better.

Man, this episode was violent. Or gruesome.

Both, but it didn't seem gratuitously done, to me. I recently stopped watching Longmire for it's use of what I consider gratuitous violence. This show hasn't crossed that line for me yet, because it always seems to serve a purpose and have "socially redeeming value."

I also dropped The Strain because the gore seemed to be the plot.

Daniel didn't bat an eye at being surrounded by stacks and stacks of drugs. Is that a retcon on his substance abuse issue?

Similarly, Sonya's Aspergers seems to have almost faded away.

Edited by shapeshifter

Yes, but not as elegantly or with as much continuity as the way Vince Gilligan wove together plot threads on Breaking Bad.

.... I haven't watched Breaking Bad so... I dont compare. Without knowing how and what BB did, I find Bridge struggling to find its way after a series reboot. There are elements from 1st season but its pretty much a new show. I can only say it is getting improved episode by episode this season. I was a bit frustrated at the beginning to say they truth :) 

Yeah, and that is something I dont quite like this season.  Its is still visible she straggles to seem more sociable (I   laughed when she kissed the Bro goodbye), and her smiles are a bit forced too. But   the Aspergers is less and less there. Not good in my opinion.

I have to give kudos to Diane Kruger though, her role is really tricky and less obvious/gimmick than lets say Claire Danes in Homeland. She is probably working  every single detail of her performance and I doubt that we as an audience we even realize it. That is a lot of underestimated work there.

Both, but it didn't seem gratuitously done, to me. I recently stopped watching Longmire for it's use of what I consider gratuitous violence. This show hasn't crossed that line for me yet, because it always seems to serve a purpose and have "socially redeeming value."

English is not my first language so may I ask how you mean this "gratuitous violence"?  Thanks :)

Exactly WHAT are the spoiler rules in a situation like this?
I can't find spoiler rules, but I'm thinking if an episode airs early On Demand, then it's available to a lot of viewers, so I'm not sure what the harm is in discussing it. Isn't that the point of episode threads vs. only one long thread for the show?

Showtime had episodes of Nurse Jackie and Californication on demand a week before they actually aired all season and we were allowed to discuss them here. Like you said, that's the great thing about having separate threads for each episode!

Fausto keeping his dead son in a glass Snow White coffin was a little freaky, but I guess now we know why he was so willing to help Marco avenge Gus's death. It's one more thing they have in common.

I understand that Fausto is very powerful in Mexico, but I didn't believe that he has so much reach in the US that he could smuggle Marco into a federal prison. How many people were in on the plot? The female prison guard, the truck driver, at least half a dozen prisoners, and another prison guard from the looks of it. How could Marco just wander around a prison with guards opening doors and prisoners pointing him in the right direction without anyone snitching or any other guards wondering who the new guy was? And then after Marco has his moment with David Tate, a guard kindly points him to a door that leads him outside. I really like this show but that was just too much.

I have no problem believing that Fausto could pull that off. Not only is he part of a huge drug cartel, but he has that Clio group under his control and the CIA ordered Koob to stop investigating him. Fausto definitely has a lot of reach. For that reason, I found it believable that he could get Marco into prison. My guess is that the people who assisted in that operation were already working for Fausto so he probably just had to give them each a little bonus (as opposed to having to recruit a gang of brand new people for this particular situation).

As for the people who saw Marco but weren't involved, I don't think there were that many people who knew something was going on. The other prisoners who saw him probably just saw a guy in a jumpsuit and assumed he was a new inmate, so there was nothing for them to report. Even if they thought something suspicious was going on, Oz and OITNB have taught me that people in prison know who is connected and they know better than to snitch on them.

The guard who showed Marco the way out was the same female guard who took Tate into the hallway earlier in the episode. She is also the same guard who brought Marco to Tate in the infirmary.

I'm really glad Marco didn't kill Tate. He didn't do anything except poke him in his already missing eye. I wonder if that means he is no longer indebted to Fausto.

I'm pretty sure that Marco still owes Fausto. The deal was that Fausto would provide the opportunity for Marco to kill Tate. Fausto held up his end of the bargain. He had someone attack Tate to put him in the infirmary and then he smuggled Marco in and got him access to Tate and enough time to kill him. Marco deciding not to kill him right then and there is on Marco, so as far as I can see Marco is still indebted to Fausto. If anything, Fausto will probably be annoyed that Marco squandered his opportunity to kill Tate.

• Love 2

English is not my first language so may I ask how you mean this "gratuitous violence"?  Thanks :)

To me, it means the violence is inserted into the story to excite the viewer's lust for violence--a lust I have not acquired and do not want to acquire.

Since I am not good at definitions:

The definition from the Oxford English Dictionary Online that best fits this use of gratuitous is "Done, made, adopted, or assumed without any good ground or reason; not required or warranted by the circumstances of the case; uncalled-for; unjustifiable."

"Gratuitous violence" or "gratuitous sex," when referring to a TV show or movie or book, is slightly different. From Urban Dictionary: "Usually associated with low budget movies and cult video games. Given without need, often unrealistic."

Even though Marco did inflict pain on Tate, I do not see him as having a lust for violence like Fausto or Tate.

...I'm pretty sure that Marco still owes Fausto. The deal was that Fausto would provide the opportunity for Marco to kill Tate. Fausto held up his end of the bargain. He had someone attack Tate to put him in the infirmary and then he smuggled Marco in and got him access to Tate and enough time to kill him. Marco deciding not to kill him right then and there is on Marco, so as far as I can see Marco is still indebted to Fausto. If anything, Fausto will probably be annoyed that Marco squandered his opportunity to kill Tate.

I was wondering about this too, and pretty much agree with this. At the moment it became clear that he was not going to kill Tate "for now," I imagined Marco heard Sonya telling him that he was better than Tate, that he was not a murderer. I also imagined him thinking that so long as he did not kill Tate, Fausto could not demand Marco's complete allegiance--at least in Marco's mind, meaning that if Marco can get away with not serving Fausto, he will not feel like has reneged on the deal.

If anything, Fausto will probably be annoyed that Marco squandered his opportunity to kill Tate.

But of course, Fausto would have Tate mounted in his livingroom and keep decorating the empty eyesocket with various stones/things every month or so.

It seems mr Galvan has a thing..he wanted to mount that agent, the dog, he kept the head of his son assassin... Makes me wondering, has Fausto watched too many times Silence of the Lambs? Or it was Psycho? Does he has a collection of mounted ex-enemies next to "Cagey'?

To me, it means the violence is inserted into the story to excite the viewer's lust for violence--a lust I have not acquired and do not want to acquire.

I think all gritty shows do that in some extent. I mean if you think about it, what is the reason of watching any kind of tv that shows in almost graphic details acts of violence? They could skip this part and just mention it or show the after effects. But I get how you mean it,  thanks :)

After rewatching this ep, I have to ask: What in the hell were those teens thinking? They know whose dope it was. Did they think Fausto would give them a pass because of the relatively small size of the shipment? Was there anything in Fausto's history to suggest that would be the case?

Poor shorty running around in a mask, with a sandwich.

R.I.P

I'm really scared for the Lawyer, Eva and now Sonya.

lets see... the Lawyer I doubt he survives the season.

Eva? She has Linder to protect her.

Sonya? well they are certainly  hinting a move against her but she is the female lead and no way they will.... Oh wait... The Good Wife!

Edited by Zaffy

Just to be safe, maybe don't cross anyone who might know someone in a cartel either.

Read the story

I read the story.  Does Hastings = Tate?  Am I missing something?

In response to the post about retcon on the male reporter, he did try to grab some drugs in that store room but Jerry (sorry, not sure what his name is) grabbed it away from him.

"Eye of the Deep"?  Cute, show.  Between this and Game of Thrones, eyes are becoming the new target.  Glad Tate got put through the ringer over what he did, but I wasn't surprised Marco didn't go through with killing him.  Despite his rage and anger, I just didn't see him as a guy who will kill a defenseless man, even if he took his son from him.  Glad that's done with for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back into play, in the future.  At the very least, I really doubt this is the end of him having to work with Fausto.  I'm sure he will be making sure Marco holds up his end of the bargain.

Jack Dobbs is continuing to be more and more suspicious.  The fact that Sonya seems to be falling for him (well, the way Sonya would "fall" for someone), make me think nothing good is going to come out of this.

The drive-by on the kids was brutal.  Why do I have a feeling that Fausto probably didn't even blink over ordering their deaths?  I wonder what will come out of the one kid (ringleader?), making it out, though.

So, Charlotte and Ray now "own" the house from the premiere, where Eleanor slaughtered that family.  And Fausto ain't going to let them go anywhere, according to Lyle Lovett's character.  Oh, those two.  And the return of Cesar!  Cesar and Ray hating on each other will never get old in my book.

Glad that Eva is willing to name the dirty cops, but the fact she is doing it, makes me think something bad is going to go down.  It won't be that easy.  Plus, it seems like Linder has his own ideas about dishing out "justice" to them.

David and Adriana are continuing to dig in, and now know the CIA are involved with all of this.  Should be fun!

The Mexican prosecutor seems awfully naive. It was like he wasn't expecting that the police would get violent with him at some point.

I read the story.  Does Hastings = Tate?  Am I missing something?

Yes. The character was using the name Kenneth Hastings in the early episodes of the first season. We found out later on that his real name was David Tate.

• Love 1

The drive-by on the kids was brutal.  Why do I have a feeling that Fausto probably didn't even blink over ordering their deaths?  I wonder what will come out of the one kid (ringleader?), making it out, though.

It was, although it's probably not technically a drive-"by" when the crew goes in a leaves a calling card poster on the bodies.

We know of no connections between the kid and other characters - well except for Ray and Cesar (he of the "eat shit" burn to Ray) -- but I think you're right: we haven't seen the last of that kid.

I noticed this, too. HUGE difference between 1st and 2nd season.

I think this show tries to cover too much ground and can't do it without being confusing.

Actually I think I just watch it for Marco.  That's one mustache I'd love to ride.

• Love 1
The Mexican prosecutor seems awfully naive. It was like he wasn't expecting that the police would get violent with him at some point.

He seemed like he knew the score when we first saw him, but last night? Yeah, when you're digging around corruption in the police department (and other places), you might want to be a little more careful at night.

I could have done without seeing eyeballs get gauged out twice. Just because you can show it, FX, doesn't mean you have to. That's one of the biggest problems I have with this show in general. I don't mind the violence, as it's a show about drug dealers and horrible people, but there's a bit too much relish sometimes with the different kinds of torture and stuff.

What connection did Jack Dobbs make between the photographs in Sonya's apartment and the drawings his brother made? I didn't get that.

we haven't seen the last of that kid.

They made too big a deal of him getting away, so we'll definitely see him again.

I realized I'm a little confused about who's who. Fausto is the childhood friend of Marco's whom we saw in the tunnel with Eleanor last week, right? So who's the guy with the son in the crypt? (Which, weird and creepy, but grief makes you do strange things sometimes.) Is he the overall head of the cartel?

Edited by dubbel zout

What connection did Jack Dobbs make between the photographs in Sonya's apartment and the drawings his brother made? I didn't get that.

I don't think we're supposed to know yet.

I realized I'm a little confused about who's who. Fausto is the childhood friend of Marco's whom we saw in the tunnel with Eleanor last week, right? So who's the guy with the son in the crypt? (Which, weird and creepy, but grief makes you do strange things sometimes.) Is he the overall head of the cartel?

It's the same guy - Fausto, who's the head of the cartel.

With regards to the crypt - was Marco's son's body lying out in the open? Or was it behind glass? Either way, wouldn't it rot at some point? (Or are we supposed to think he spent a lot of money to have it preserved like, say, Lenin's corpse?)

It's the same guy - Fausto, who's the head of the cartel.

Wow, the hat makes him look competely different to me.

With regards to the crypt - was Marco's son's body lying out in the open? Or was it behind glass? Either way, wouldn't it rot at some point? (Or are we supposed to think he spent a lot of money to have it preserved like, say, Lenin's corpse?)

That was Fausto's son, not Marco's. I think we were supposed to think the body was preserved like Lenin's corpse, though unless he does some long-term maintenance, the body will eventually fall apart.

Fausto has taxidermy done on his enemies. I'm sure he has many experts at body preservation on the payroll.

I've always wondered why FX doesn't generally air the current episode until the next episode airs. You can never catch up. Doesn't seem like a good way to build an audience, eh?

On cable networks that do encores on the network rather than just on demand as broadcast networks usually do it, there is sometimes a ratings advantage to running out the Live + 7 ratings before putting the show up on demand. This varies a lot from network to network. It also can depend on the cable system.

I'll bet the CIA is using laundered cartel money to fund some off-the-books covert ops they could never get through the appropriations process legally. Does Eleanor know this? Will she become a problem when she finds out? Love that she 1) cuts up ham for the cat with scissors and 2) tells it to be dainty just as she told Cagey. It is terrible that I love Eleanor a lot despite her murderous ways.

I like The Bridge, but it has too much going all at once. The stories are not tightly woven rather they meander and expand episode after episode.

Despite the kidnapping attempt, I remain suspicious of the prosecutor. I want to believe that he is honest and above board, but I find it hard to believe that he would have survived so long going after the bad guys. I think that he is working for someone who wants to take down Fausto, maybe another cartel.

I think that Eva is dead the moment she steps foot back in Mexico to testify, but she has Sonya, Hank, Linder, Bob, and even Marco to protect her so maybe she gets out alive. Frankly, I would not be surprised if Linder and Bob rustle up a posse and sweep into Juarez to take out Fausto and his men. However, that kid who survived might end up being the one to take out Fausto.  

I understand that Fausto having the kind of pull to get Marco in the prison seems like a stretch, but there is so much corruption in the prison system that I can buy it. Lots of correction officers help smuggle in Illegal drugs, cell phones, and other contraband into prisons across the country every day. Fausto having dealers and contacts in multiple prisons is very plausible. I was happy that Marco did not kill David Tate. He should not release him from his misery, let him rot in prison.

Of course, Boggs is up to no good. The only possibility is that he was somehow involved in the rape and murder of Sonya's sister and is afraid that she will figure it out.

It was good to see Cesar alive and well. His "eat shit" response to Ray cracked me up.

Edited by SimoneS

Wow, the hat makes him look competely different to me.

That was Fausto's son, not Marco's. I think we were supposed to think the body was preserved like Lenin's corpse, though unless he does some long-term maintenance, the body will eventually fall apart.

D'oh! I meant Fausto. I knew it wasn't Gus, because the kid didn't look 35.

• Love 2
I find it hard to believe that he would have survived so long going after the bad guys.

He's only just started digging. I think when we first saw him was when he'd been newly appointed to the prosecutor job.

It was good to see Cesar alive and well. His "eat shit" response to Ray cracked me up.

I hope we get more of Cesar and Ray together.

Edited by dubbel zout

It's funny how I think the actor playing the prosecutor looks slightly more like Demian Bichir than Bruno Bechir does, but I do think the brothers' voices sound a lot alike.

• Love 2

Of course, Boggs is up to no good. The only possibility is that he was somehow involved in the rape and murder of Sonya's sister and is afraid that she will figure it out.

I thought this at first, but the way he was arranging the drawings made me wonder. It seemed like he was looking for some kind of clue in them. Also, the one drawing had what looked like a dead blonde girl in it, but wasn't Sonya's sister's hair brown in the pictures?

I wish we knew more about what happened with Sonya's sister, and how Hank ended up shooting Boggs.  How did Boggs become a suspect?  Did Boggs and Lisa know each other or was it a random attack?  Was Hank the only cop on the scene when Boggs was shot?  Did Hank also know Lisa? 

Seems like there must be more to the story or the writers wouldn't have introduced the brother.  Unless it was to give Sonya more weird behavior.

Does anyone know who played the female prison guard?  She looks familiar but IMDB has nothing.

• Love 1

Sonja and the Mexican prosecutor seem to be in way over their heads. Certainly, they realize how serious their accusations are and that they will not be taken lightly.  With Sonja's history with witnesses getting whacked, I would think she wouldn't promise protection so easily.  Recall the witness in her protection was abducted and murdered.  Eva is in real danger.  She's signing her own death warrant, IMO.  This case is too big for their little operation.

Ian Hart's accent last night was TERRIBLE. Took me totally out of his scenes.

Me too  - it changed so much within the scene with DEA Agent McKenzie. At first I wondered if it was on purpose but I'm afraid not.

Fausto looked less "Walmart greeter" this week.

Yes that plain black baseball cap always throws me.

The poster board warning from Fausto's crew was kinda lame right? Assassin's toolkit includes gat and magic marker?

Don't you think Sonya would notice the drawing was missing from her fridge? It seems like she'd get fussy if things weren't just so.

Good news is that I finally realized the prosecutor and the Clio CEO are not the same guy.

Seconded!  I'm glad I found you guys, or else I would be alone saying "what the hell?" at Cagey and jars o' enemies and the erotic nature of bleeding tattoos.

• Love 1

The actress who played the prison guard is Brenda Bakke.  She was the sexy Selena in American Gothic.  She has a Kathleen Turner kinda thing going on, or she did anyway.

Too many lookalikes in this show.  For a few seconds I thought the prison guard was Eleanor.  Then there's the CLIO guy and the prosecutor.  And Fausto and Robles -- when Eva identified Robles, I thought the photo was Fausto.   

Love that she 1) cuts up ham for the cat with scissors and 2) tells it to be dainty just as she told Cagey.

I too caught that she used "dainty" when feeding her cat. She's such a psycho, though, that I thought she was gonna stab kitty if she wasn't dainty. Also, I couldn't get over the fact that she didn't wash her hands after handling the ham. Ugh. Took me out of the scene. And then she spread the germs to the door knob. Eleanor strikes me someone more fastidious than that.

All this time I thought the guy who plays the Mexican prosecutor was Damien Bichir's brother. So it's the Clio guy instead? 

Just an FYI: it's Jack Dobbs. Not Jack Boggs.

Fausto looked less "Walmart greeter" this week.

This is a hilarious description. With all the money he has, I would think he'd spring for a better wardrobe. It wasn't until late last season that I realized Fausto Galvan was a big time drug lord. I kept confusing him with Cesar on a count of his campesino wardrobe. Fausto needs to watch the Godfather movies to see how a mobster should dress.

Edited by bunnyblue

The actress who played the prison guard is Brenda Bakke.  She was the sexy Selena in American Gothic.  She has a Kathleen Turner kinda thing going on, or she did anyway.

Damn, that is why she looked so familiar. I loved American Gothic. Lucas Buck, Gail, Caleb, Merly, Ben, and Selena were great characters. Too bad the show did not make it to the second season. It was Shaun Cassidy's first horror tv series.

• Love 1

What's going to happen is the Mexican federal govt. or the CIA will intervene and not root out corruption in the Juarez PD.

So in future seasons, you'll still have this potent mix of corruption and violence just across the Bridge.

Yes, scrb, I agree that the writer's can't allow the Juarez PD to be cleaned up.

I'm really wondering about those drawings.  I agree that Jack seemed to be trying to make sense of them, mining them for information or something.  I wonder if there could be something not even associated with the murder of Sonya's sister that Jack is looking for.  Maybe something he and his brother were involved in before his brother's brain was mangled by the bullet, and his brother never got to pass along some crucial information to him.  Oh well, it's fun to speculate, anyway.