Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 1/3/2022

atomic
  • Start Topic

Monday, Jan. 3 – Ralph Macchio (“Cobra Kai”)

Tuesday, Jan. 4 – Jim Gaffigan (“Comedy Monster”)

Wednesday, Jan. 5 – Stacey Abrams (author, “Stacey’s Extraordinary Words”); Bill Murray

Thursday, Jan. 6 – Bob Woodward and Robert Costa (authors, “Peril”)

Friday, Jan. 7 –  Antoni Porowski, Tan France, Karamo Brown, Bobby Berk and Jonathan Van Ness (“Queer Eye”)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

No doubt they'll be fitting in a tribute to Betty White ... what a wonderful soul!!!!

All the talk about her 100th birthday on January 17th must have jinxed it.  RIP Betty.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

No doubt they'll be fitting in a tribute to Betty White ... what a wonderful soul!!!!

Oik!  Soooo sad for her family, but yet I'm not heartbroken because if there's any example of a life well lived, its Ms Rose.  She would be the first to say 'don't cry for me Argentina' which of course she didn't, but it would be apt, no?  She would want laughs and smiles all the way to the Pearly Gates.

25 minutes ago, ImmortalT said:

I hope they wouldn’t do that. It’s too soon keep looking

Yup, total agreement 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Whoopi will love that Ralph Macchio's on.  I remember her gushing over Cobra Kai.

She was out that day wasnt she? I don't remember any gushing.  In fact i don't think Ralph was there either.  I think it was just the blonde dude.  

Hmm just noticed its Ralph alone.  Whoopi will love that, i hope she's there that day.  Course i could be waaaaay off, in which case i apologize heh

Edited by ForumLou
Add
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

She was out that day wasnt she? I don't remember any gushing.  In fact i don't think Ralph was there either.  I think it was just the blonde dude.  

Hmm just noticed its Ralph alone.  Whoopi will love that, i hope she's there that day.  Course i could be waaaaay off, in which case i apologize heh

It was quite a while back.  No one from the show was there that day.  She just, out of the blue, started gushing about what a great show Cobra Kai is and that everyone should see it.  She gushed for what seemed like a whole minute about it.  She must really love it.  I haven't yet gotten around to seeing it, but it's on my list.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I would think if a new co-host were cast, news would precede it a couple of days before the show's return. But who knows. Personally, I'd be fine with them casting Mia Love and being done with the guest co-hosts.

the view has never been great about keeping their firings and hirings out the press before they announce so have a feeling it would rumored or leaked by now if they did choose early.

14 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I would think if a new co-host were cast, news would precede it a couple of days before the show's return. But who knows. Personally, I'd be fine with them casting Mia Love and being done with the guest co-hosts.

Unless they're really clever at planting fake stories, they haven't yet chosen someone.  There were stories in during this break about how they are really having difficulty finding a conservative voice for the panel.  Personally I think they should just find someone who fits the younger demographic and forget the whole conservative thing and drop the political show concept all together.  BW had a vision 25 years ago and a political show wasn't it.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Unless they're really clever at planting fake stories, they haven't yet chosen someone.  There were stories in during this break about how they are really having difficulty finding a conservative voice for the panel.  Personally I think they should just find someone who fits the younger demographic and forget the whole conservative thing and drop the political show concept all together.  BW had a vision 25 years ago and a political show wasn't it.

exactly. Dunno why they seem to think they either have to be a fluff fest like the talk or a hardcore political show. Certainly there's an in between where you talk about serious topics but not always politically related. Having view segments go from "what is your favorite flavor of pie?" to "how does the US solve the debt crisis?" has always been kind of bizarre imo. If anyone has seen as of the talk especially the past few years the topics are beyond fluff nonsense. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Certainly there's an in between where you talk about serious topics but not always politically related.

Maybe I'm looking back on The View with rose coloured glasses but I swear there was once a time where not every damn topic ended up being either political or a take no prisoners blood bath.  What happened to agree to disagree and move on?  Is this a lost art?

Edited by SusannahM
  • Love 16

Ugh. Remote broadcast and Whoopi is sick.

Man, they all had a rough break. Hard to celebrate when you or your family is sick. Hope you all got thru the past couple of weeks without getting sick. (We had the kids visit from different states but we all tested neg.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 11

Joy says hopefully its just a week that they need to do the show from home.  Whoopi tested positive but is doing OK.  Joy's hair looks bad.  Everyone looks tired.  Poor Ana, what a difficult Christmas for her with her Mother passing away & her Father having Covid.  Then, Sunny tested positive for Covid & had to isolate from her family over Christmas vacation.  And Sarah's husband tested positive for Covid, so they've all had a rough time of it.  

• Love 2

I hate they are back at home but appreciate they are doing live shows again.

The flow is awful, it’s stilted, awkward and boring but after hearing all they went though over the break they had no choice really.

Heres to hoping it really is just a week!

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, pachebo said:

If the Whoopster is positive but fine, why couldn't she be bothered to zoom in to earn her mega salary? and yes, joy looked like crap.

I think part of the problem is they have a producer who comes to their homes, so they probably don't want to expose that person. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Tammy12 said:

I think part of the problem is they have a producer who comes to their homes, so they probably don't want to expose that person. 

Yeah, Joy said her husband is no longer her tech guy - they have people come over.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, pachebo said:

If the Whoopster is positive but fine, why couldn't she be bothered to zoom in to earn her mega salary? and yes, joy looked like crap.

As has already been mentioned, they had producers out to help them with remote broadcasts. They couldn't put other staff members at risk.

Besides that, Whoopi is in the second half of her 60s.

Pneumonia and a subsequent sepsis infection nearly killed her in 2019.

Having mild symptoms is not the same as well.

"Mild" Covid can include fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste and smell. I don't know what Whoopi's "mild" looks like, but Joy didn't say Whoopi was asymptomatic. Whether you like her or not, she is entitled to sick days.

• Useful 4
  • Love 20

Not surprising Sara has been in contact with someone who tested positive since her husband has it. 

Sunny goes after Ana, they cut to a break and Ana isn’t given a chance to respond.

I love Yvette.  I’m glad she’s so successful but I’d love to see her on the panel permanently.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Not surprising Sara has been in contact with someone who tested positive since her husband has it. 

Sunny goes after Ana, they cut to a break and Ana isn’t given a chance to respond.

I love Yvette.  I’m glad she’s so successful but I’d love to see her on the panel permanently.

Is it my imagination or did Yvette have a hard time getting to speak in the first half?  Hope tomorrow she gets more opportunity.

I love Sunny's look today from her head to her waist!  Joy looked a little more put together today after yesterday.  I imagine it was unsettling yesterday to realize they were back to remote. 

Jim Gaffigan is great but remote doesn't do his comedic chops justice.  I am glad they had the clips.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I wanted to hear it, too.  Sunny is becoming a bit of a bully.

It was off-putting that Sunny started her comment to Ana by saying "The Republicans, your party....", and kept emphasizing "your party". So now Ana is responsible for anything any Republican says or does? If you've registered to vote as a member of a particular political party, you aren't allowed to have any divergent opinions or criticize them in any way? That is no way to encourage critical thinking and independent actions. Or are those things no longer valuable? I hope that Sunny (any anyone else) is not veering into the zone that says anyone who doesn't conform to her opinions is defective.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Sunny did not come back for the new year with a new attitude!

She get's worse and worse every show.

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

It was off-putting that Sunny started her comment to Ana by saying "The Republicans, your party....", and kept emphasizing "your party". So now Ana is responsible for anything any Republican says or does?

When SWSNBN was there the co hosts had to make it a point to emphasize they were not holding  her responsible for her party's actions. It's unfair for Sunny to hold Ana responsible. Especially when she isn't in lockstep with most of her party's policies.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Agree. I adore her Yvette too. 

• Love 11

Regarding Elizabeth Holmes it is absolutely the fact she was an attractive woman that she was able to do the con for so long.  It's not a coincidence that it was men she initially conned into investigating.   I remember reading the book about the whole thing and her claim that a single drop of blood could diagnose a long list of diseases and thinking get the fuck out of here.   Even I knew that was bullshit.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

Regarding Elizabeth Holmes it is absolutely the fact she was an attractive woman that she was able to do the con for so long.  It's not a coincidence that it was men she initially conned into investigating.   I remember reading the book about the whole thing and her claim that a single drop of blood could diagnose a long list of diseases and thinking get the fuck out of here.   Even I knew that was bullshit.

Being attractive helps a lot! But it isn't everything - think of Bernie Madoff, who scammed people out of millions for years!

• Love 2

I missed the first two shows thanks to power outages from a snowstorm. I caught up with clips online today, although I probably missed a few from both shows. I don't think I saw the back-and-forth between Sunny and Ana everyone's talking about.

While I'm wishing both Whoopi and Sara well, I can't lie and pretend I wasn't ecstatic when I saw the former wasn't there the first day, Yvette was there the second day, and Ana was there both days. YNB is so good at the talkshow format. I love all of Joy, Sunny, Yvette, and Ana--and I like Sara. So it was fun for me. I think Joy was out-of-shape with the remote moderating. On the first show, when she asked whoever wants to go first rather than directing one person to go next, I laughed when all three women immediately started talking at once.

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I missed the first two shows thanks to power outages from a snowstorm. I caught up with clips online today, although I probably missed a few from both shows. I don't think I saw the back-and-forth between Sunny and Ana everyone's talking about.

While I'm wishing both Whoopi and Sara well, I can't lie and pretend I wasn't ecstatic when I saw the former wasn't there the first day, Yvette was there the second day, and Ana was there both days. YNB is so good at the talkshow format. I love all of Joy, Sunny, Yvette, and Ana--and I like Sara. So it was fun for me. I think Joy was out-of-shape with the remote moderating. On the first show, when she asked whoever wants to go first rather than directing one person to go next, I laughed when all three women immediately started talking at once.

I thought maybe work distracted me as I watched, because I didn't catch the Sunny and Ana stuff either. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

It could be worse, remote broadcast with Whoopi "moderating".

Joy wasn't any better today!  When she asked the first few questions, she never addressed anyone. So, everyone started talking over each other, and poor Yvette couldn't get a word in edgewise. Boo Joy...you should know better by now.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Being attractive helps a lot! But it isn't everything - think of Bernie Madoff, who scammed people out of millions for years!

But Bernie was already established in his field and gained a lot of his client's trust. OTOH, Holmes was trying to sell a brand new item.

• Love 3