Type keyword(s) to search

I Am Shauna Rae - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Anyone else watch this?

Well the first thing I noticed was she said she was going to the hairdresser to get balayage highlights and mentioned how they do not use foils. Then there she is sitting in the seat getting foils just kind of made me go, what? I do really love the way her hair came out not, so much the others that went with her. And it does help her look a little more mature
then we had to watch a driving lesson. there has to be more than just putting a booster seat with a pad underneath it because I know that that is a dangerous way to sit. The cushion can slip out when you make a short stop or get into an accident and it can cause all sorts of problems with the seatbelt and the airbag. She is right about driving in New York though!
I like the fire fighter date. He seems like a good guy and I still can’t believe that she has never met anyone else with her condition before. This is definitely an area where her parents are lacking.

How are they able to afford a house on Long Island as well I’d like to know. Is the show paying for it? I thought last year it was noted that the mother doesn’t work and I forgot what the father does now but I don’t think it was enough to purchase a house in that area .

I have to say Shawna is a very pretty woman. Those eyes they really stand out. I feel bad for her that she is a grown person who is most often mistaken for a child. I hope she can get some voice lessons at least. I can just imagine if she was full size person that she would be swatting  away the suitors . Do not really like her sisters at all her mother is Soso I think I like the stepfather the best. 

• Love 3

Her hair does make her look a lot older this season. I think she's going to grow into herself, she just has to work on her vocals and confidence in public and people will stop thinking she's 8 and realize she's just another little person. 

It's a good think she met someone with a similar condition who's independent and has a career of his own. The show is overly scripted though, you can tell during their date. The dad and sister shouldn't have been there on the first date. She is 22 after all, I can understand her needing a ride but why does she need to be chaperoned? 

Sorry but I can already tell Rylee(??that's how you spell it right?) is going to be annoying this season, she got a little taste of fame and it definitely shows. Although she's a very sheltered 19 year old so I guess I'll give her some slack.

18 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Anyone else watch this?

Well the first thing I noticed was she said she was going to the hairdresser to get balayage highlights and mentioned how they do not use foils. Then there she is sitting in the seat getting foils just kind of made me go, what? I do really love the way her hair came out not, so much the others that went with her. And it does help her look a little more mature
then we had to watch a driving lesson. there has to be more than just putting a booster seat with a pad underneath it because I know that that is a dangerous way to sit. The cushion can slip out when you make a short stop or get into an accident and it can cause all sorts of problems with the seatbelt and the airbag. She is right about driving in New York though!
I like the fire fighter date. He seems like a good guy and I still can’t believe that she has never met anyone else with her condition before. This is definitely an area where her parents are lacking.

How are they able to afford a house on Long Island as well I’d like to know. Is the show paying for it? I thought last year it was noted that the mother doesn’t work and I forgot what the father does now but I don’t think it was enough to purchase a house in that area .

I have to say Shawna is a very pretty woman. Those eyes they really stand out. I feel bad for her that she is a grown person who is most often mistaken for a child. I hope she can get some voice lessons at least. I can just imagine if she was full size person that she would be swatting  away the suitors . Do not really like her sisters at all her mother is Soso I think I like the stepfather the best. 

I've wondered about that too. The show must be paying for the house, I suspect in their contract they agreed to a certain number of seasons. Others have said she only makes about $5K per episode but I suspect it's a little more than that, I'm thinking she makes at least 10-15K. I know the Sister Wives get paid a lot more than that per episode. 

Edited by overtherainbow
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, overtherainbow said:

The dad and sister shouldn't have been there on the first date. She is 22 after all, I can understand her needing a ride but why does she need to be chaperoned? 

I don't see why her date couldn't drive her home; he seems like a good guy, and everyone knows he was with her, if anything happened, so they should leave.

• Love 3
On 11/3/2022 at 5:13 AM, overtherainbow said:

I've wondered about that too. The show must be paying for the house, I suspect in their contract they agreed to a certain number of seasons. Others have said she only makes about $5K per episode but I suspect it's a little more than that, I'm thinking she makes at least 10-15K. I know the Sister Wives get paid a lot more than that per episode. 

These shows tend to pay poorly at the start.  If they become popular, the pay goes up. The Sister Wives crew has been on for (too) many years, so their pay is much higher. 

14 hours ago, auntjess said:

I don't see why her date couldn't drive her home; he seems like a good guy, and everyone knows he was with her, if anything happened, so they should leave.

And there is a camera crew with them.  If they are worried about her, I think she has more than enough eyes on her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 2/19/2022 at 11:06 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Rae could be a middle name.

But it could also be likely that Shauna and Tara have the same bio father, and the two sisters Rylee & Morgan have the same bio father. 

I was confused by the "family tree" as well. So, Tara and Shauna are Patty's children by a previous marriage since they both have the same last name. Lessik (sp) Are Rylee and Morgan by a different marriage that Patty had or are they Mark's children?

scratch head :(

• Love 2

Something is really odd about the parents that would allow that many large dogs in a small apt/condo or whatever they are in.  It seems too frantic, loud and uncomfortable.  So, working in a dog kennel would much like living in her home. Lol. I recall last season they talked about how they got all those dogs.  It sounded like a half baked, irresponsible decision. I think it was Shauna’s decision, because they had so many puppies.  

I liked Shauna’s take on clothing for those with special size needs. She would be better in a child’s size 6. It’s great she can sew.  I can’t imagine her being able to alter those adult clothes.  

I wish Shauna could try to focus on a job she can actually handle.  She keeps focusing on unfeasible things like large animal vet or boarding large dogs.  Please.  Does she realize that you can’t really live independently on a salary she’s going for?  Maybe, I’m wrong.  She’s making pretty good money from the show.  Plus,

Spoiler

This says that she graduated from college.  I didn’t know this.
 https://www.realitytitbit.com/tlc/where-does-shauna-rae-live

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Since the show's shtick is that she's very small, it makes sense that they keep putting her into situations that emphasize her size.  It would be very difficult for her to be a large animal vet.  However, if she could qualify for school (vet school is very difficult to get into), she could work with small animals without a problem.  If she is focused on animals, then cats or small dogs would work.  But the show prefers the extreme. 

It hits me when they show the photo of her in the very large recliner.  I doubt that's the chair she usually sits in since her legs stick straight out.  The visual is good for the show.  

• Like 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Since the show's shtick is that she's very small, it makes sense that they keep putting her into situations that emphasize her size.  It would be very difficult for her to be a large animal vet.  However, if she could qualify for school (vet school is very difficult to get into), she could work with small animals without a problem.  If she is focused on animals, then cats or small dogs would work.  But the show prefers the extreme. 

It hits me when they show the photo of her in the very large recliner.  I doubt that's the chair she usually sits in since her legs stick straight out.  The visual is good for the show.  

I've noticed that in the show with the really tall girls they do the same thing, with the camera angles emphasizing just how leggy they are. They're really going for the "circus freak" visuals as much as possible.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

I know this is mostly producer driven, by why couldn't she just take an Uber to her date?  It doesn't help that her mother is acting like she is some fragile piece of glass that can't do anything for herself is crazy. It certainly isn't helping her. Mark's puppets look cool, I wonder if that is how he makes his money or just a hobby? 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Is her sister, the one she was going to move in with (🤣yeah right!) mentally deficient? 
$5,000 A month for water? And how did she think they were going to be able to afford that?  This isn’t the first time she’s acted like she was about 10 years old. Actually the whole family is a little weird. The combined IQ but does  exceed that of a German shepherd .  Speaking of afford, what a bunch of bullshit the show is. As if they didn’t know  the price of rentals on Long Island. And…. isn’t the family in a rental? And what crazy landlord is renting to a family that has what is it three or four large dogs? I can’t imagine the smell and the disarray. 
The answer for Shawna is try to get a small business loan or something to be able to start her clothing company for little people which is a great idea. And like someone above said she can go to vet school and work with small animals. 
And rental prices are totally out of control everywhere. Over $4000 a month for that ugly apartment and didn’t the real estate lady say that they had to pay for their utilities? 
Did she really do a good job at the kennel that she applied for a job with? I think not. Those dogs would make a mincemeat of her. 
Go to college Shauna for either veterinary medicine or designing clothing. 

Edited by chediavolo
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, overtherainbow said:

Now I'm curious about her bio dad since he's clearly not in her life. 

Does this picture make anyone else feel uncomfortable? 

I guess the point is to show how hovery the family is 😆

image.png.2b2bdccbeaa541bd5bb3a9a01821ca74.png

Why would it make anyone feel uncomfortable? I don’t see it. It’s cute. 

The mom is really emotional.  She talked about feeling guilty and I get that, only not for her daughter’s cancer, but for not getting the child the right growth hormones.  Isn’t that what they claimed happened?  She didn’t get the hormones at the right time….?  How could you watch the child day after day….do her tiny laundry….take her to doctor appointments and just refuse to treat her growth issue?  It boggles the mind.  

I hope things are turning around for Shauna.  Why did they pick Long Island?  

• Like 1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The mom is really emotional.  She talked about feeling guilty and I get that, only not for her daughter’s cancer, but for not getting the child the right growth hormones.  Isn’t that what they claimed happened?  She didn’t get the hormones at the right time….?  How could you watch the child day after day….do her tiny laundry….take her to doctor appointments and just refuse to treat her growth issue?  It boggles the mind.  

I hope things are turning around for Shauna.  Why did they pick Long Island?  

I’ve been asking myself that since the show started. Why did they pick Long Island one of the most expensive places to live in the country?

• Love 4
18 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I’ve been asking myself that since the show started. Why did they pick Long Island one of the most expensive places to live in the country?

All I can find is that it’s safe, beachy, close to NYC…….     I had a boyfriend from church as a teen who was from Long Island, but I can’t recall him explaining why his family had moved to NC.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

All I can find is that it’s safe, beachy, close to NYC…….     I had a boyfriend from church as a teen who was from Long Island, but I can’t recall him explaining why his family had moved to NC.  

5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Not safe everywhere at all. It’s expensive & crowded. I wonder if the husband had a job offer there but it doesn’t seem like he has a steady job. I don’t know how they can afford it. 

• Love 1
On 11/12/2022 at 4:43 PM, chediavolo said:

I just figured maybe they were from there, had always lived there.

• Love 1
On 11/13/2022 at 3:12 PM, chediavolo said:

Not safe everywhere at all. It’s expensive & crowded. I wonder if the husband had a job offer there but it doesn’t seem like he has a steady job. I don’t know how they can afford it. 

That sounds like a hobby, kind of like a clown at children's parties

• Love 2
On 11/15/2022 at 7:20 AM, Nicmar said:

That sounds like a hobby, kind of like a clown at children's parties

Yes! He does puppet shows. I'm sure that job pays a mortgage, utilities, insurance, college funds, gas in the cars, dog food, vet bills, HMO fees, cell phone bills, etc.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I'm falling asleep each week watching this show. I think we learned last night that the family had a house fire and lost everything. Now they rent this home, yet they were cleaning the basement and it shows a ton of stuff piled up down there???

To be quite honest, I am sick of her sister Rylee (the bisexual you know!) This is a show for Shauna and if we want to hear all about her struggles with LGBT...I'm sure I missed some letters...go get you own show! Hearing the parents is bad enough but at least that is something about Shauna Rae. And don't get me started about the older sister who is supposed to be married and lives in Florida or somewhere else....why is she always on this show!? Ahhhh

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Calibabydolly said:

I'm falling asleep each week watching this show. I think we learned last night that the family had a house fire and lost everything. Now they rent this home, yet they were cleaning the basement and it shows a ton of stuff piled up down there???

To be quite honest, I am sick of her sister Rylee (the bisexual you know!) This is a show for Shauna and if we want to hear all about her struggles with LGBT...I'm sure I missed some letters...go get you own show! Hearing the parents is bad enough but at least that is something about Shauna Rae. And don't get me started about the older sister who is supposed to be married and lives in Florida or somewhere else....why is she always on this show!? Ahhhh

I think I saw somewhere that the house fire was in 2009? If so, that's a lot of years to collect a bunch more crap.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I think the clothes making/designing for little people and maybe others with special needs, might be a better occupation for Shauna than dog walking.
She seems to be a good seamstress, and could build up a clientele on this.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I am also sick of Rylee. I like her hair but seriously, this show is supposed to be about Shauna. She could do really well designing clothing and could even get in with a bigger name designer. Tommy Hilfiger does adaptive clothing. One of the things I appreciate about Shauna is she doesn't overuse the word "like" in her talking heads. I want to go to Sugar Factory!

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I realize they had a house fire, but that was many years ago…..Shauna was a young child at the time. So, why are they in that cramped place with four large dogs?  And so much clutter!  Omg…..who cooks with all those dogs around the stove?  Not sanitary.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Rylee is an asshole for behaving like that at the table. Actually, they were all assholes. The Welsh guy seemed nice enough. He was definitely not impressed with the constant “sass” which I didn’t think was funny. 

I agree. What Shauna calls "sass" some people might call bitchy. She's kind of obnoxious. I feel like their trying to create a story line out of nothing. The family is not that interesting.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7

Oldest sister and her mom have the same body shapes. I would not wear those short dresses (or platform wedge shoes!) for the dance lessons! Geez people?

Rylee seemed the best at the dancing and Shauna has the cutest figure by far. She seems like a perfect model, just mini, and does not look at all like an 8 year old to me. I really liked the Welsh guy. The whole sushi thing was stupid. What adult doesn't know how to cook rice!? I knew it was not right when he was draining it! I will give Shauna a pass since she does not do much cooking, as she said. 

I was waiting for someone at the dance lesson to hold up Shauna like Baby in Dirty Dancing ending!!! I can see how that stuff would get quite old to her!

• Love 3

The Welshman guy is nice enough.  Shauna’s controlling parents would be a turn-off.  It’s almost like she might be fine if away from her parents.  To me, her mom is just unappealing.  

I think Shauna has adopted a lot of excuses that came from her mom about why she can’t do things.  Like why she doesn’t cook.  Likely, thats a part of her mom’s control and over protection.  You might have to stand on stool, but that’s doable.  And, there is light weight cookware.  I get she has special condition, but she has all her limbs. For her own health she deserves to be able to cook for herself.  I’m glad she’s finally getting some sense of accomplishment. That’s important for a person’s development.  Whenever she’s being a smart asp, I suspect it’s due to resentment…..at various people and circumstances.    

I recall a couple of documentaries about a couple of ladies who manage with serious challenges.  One has no arms and no legs!  One  was a wife and mother.  Both did most everything in their homes, including cooking, cleaning, dressing, driving!  

The one below is about the woman who has half a body, who has 2 kids and gets around on a skate board.  Just so inspiring. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2199290/My-kids-love-having-worlds-shortest-mom-The-half-body-mother-5ft-11ins-boyfriend-defied-doctors-warnings-healthy-children.html

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I truly feel bad for Shauna because her parents didn't instill any bit of a can do attitude in her. All her life her size has been a reason why she can't do something. TLC has shown me Abby and Brittany who were conjoined twins who learned to drive and constantly found ways to make life work for them. Bri and Jordan who were primordial dwarves who learned early on that they could tumble and cheer because of their small stature. Bill and Jen who had learned how to drive, live their own lives, have their own families, with their small stature. I truly hope that she starts finding ways to adapt to her life on her own. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I felt bad for Dan, every chance Shauna got she was demeaning I thought to him. He is a handsome young man and he was just trying to be nice. I agree that the mother and step dad or biological father (if around) treated her like she was made of glass, it did her no good. And she probably needs to lay off the liquor if she gets mean

• Like 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I felt bad for Dan, every chance Shauna got she was demeaning I thought to him. He is a handsome young man and he was just trying to be nice. I agree that the mother and step dad or biological father (if around) treated her like she was made of glass, it did her no good. And she probably needs to lay off the liquor if she gets mean

She can get really mean. Very many people have struggles with getting around. If only it was just a stool.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

The latest episode was incredibly boring. not to mention ridiculous. As if being home a couple of nights in the house and having a party getting drunk but then cleaning up afterwards and hiding the stain makes you mature and able to live on your own with your sister. There was a little mention from the mother of: oh there’s this little obstacle called money how are they going to finance it. The show is absolutely ridiculous. This girl should be finding out how to live her life as a dwarf, meeting other little people, and learning how to do things on her own. her parents were very negligent in that respect. 

• Like 4
On 12/15/2022 at 12:15 PM, tomorrowgirl said:

This show is not interesting to me and I wonder why I'm still watching it.  I forwarded through most of this episode. It seemed like a good premise, but it's just going nowhere.

I've tried, once again, with this new season. I can't get through 2 minutes. That's a record for me. I always get through any reality show for more than 2 minutes. Bye bye Shauna Rae. 

• Like 1
On 12/20/2022 at 11:30 PM, Sweet Tea said:

I think the stepfather is creepy..he is more involved in the daughters lives than the mother is! He def gives me Pervy vibes!

I don’t know about dad, but the mom  bugs me.  She’s so over the top about everything. And, she seems to believe Shauna is actually a young child.  It’s so sick.  I wonder if that is why Shauna is so angry.  Mom’s comments about whether an adult child does something are way off.  She acts like she’s monitoring an eight year old.  I’ll be glad when Shauna has the confidence and means to break free.  

• Like 3

I think mom and Shaunna need to go to therapy. The whole “my mom wouldn’t let me go to Europe” was just messed up. She’s a grown ass 22 year old woman! And I thought Shaunna was being immature to her date while bartending. Then acting like 2 men might fight over her made me laugh. 

• Like 6