Type keyword(s) to search

I Am Shauna Rae - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I was glad Taras future MIL was included in the dress shopping over the computer, especially since at the end of the show they flashed a memorial on the screen showing she had passed away! How sad. I also thought Shaunas pick for the dress was beautiful on the bride to be! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

Just finished watching this week's episode. So glad they finally finished out the BRCA Gene story. Why did she even have to get the test? So freaking emotional over it for no real reason. 

I had to have that test before I had a total hysterectomy so they could see if my regular gyno could do the surgery or if I would need an oncologist gyno. That was extremely scary, because I never would have thought I needed that test. I was negative, so that was a relief to me for the fear the Dr put out there.

The other thing I'm getting tired of seeing on all the reality shows is women going in for transvaginal ultrasounds (for testing their fertility). I had to have way too many of those done before my surgery and I can't imagine being filmed during those.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 12/22/2022 at 5:54 PM, Lurk said:

Just finished watching this week's episode. So glad they finally finished out the BRCA Gene story. Why did she even have to get the test? So freaking emotional over it for no real reason. 

I had to have that test before I had a total hysterectomy so they could see if my regular gyno could do the surgery or if I would need an oncologist gyno. That was extremely scary, because I never would have thought I needed that test. I was negative, so that was a relief to me for the fear the Dr put out there.

The other thing I'm getting tired of seeing on all the reality shows is women going in for transvaginal ultrasounds (for testing their fertility). I had to have way too many of those done before my surgery and I can't imagine being filmed during those.

Yeah….I’ve had 2 of them before, not for fertility though.  

I’m not sure if they actually mail you the BRCA results or not.  My good friend had hers contained in her Portal.  

• Like 1
On 12/22/2022 at 9:28 AM, DanaMB said:

It's played out and annoying

Everything is played out and annoying on this $hit show.

And Shauna was not very nice to that guy from Wales who wanted to dance with her (even though SHE didn't want to dance) then she criticizes how he's dancing. That live band was awful. 

So creepy step dad works as a puppet show entertainer AND plays in a band? 

TLC sucks.

• Like 3
On 12/22/2022 at 6:30 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t know about dad, but the mom  bugs me.  She’s so over the top about everything. And, she seems to believe Shauna is actually a young child.  It’s so sick.  I wonder if that is why Shauna is so angry.  Mom’s comments about whether an adult child does something are way off.  She acts like she’s monitoring an eight year old.  I’ll be glad when Shauna has the confidence and means to break free.  

Shauna and her mom have a weird dynamic, I noticed it in the very first episode. Shauna is emphatic about being an adult, but simultaneously seems perfectly fine under her parents' thumb and doesn't attempt to prove her adulthood by taking on many responsibilities. She acts like a 14 year old who's insistent that they can do whatever they want but is also afraid of getting in trouble with their parents for it. 

At least she's learning to drive this season. I honestly think Shauna herself is afraid to do some things on her own, and is using "my parents will have a problem with it" as an excuse. Like flying/travelling. 

• Like 5
On 12/26/2022 at 5:27 PM, overtherainbow said:

Shauna and her mom have a weird dynamic, I noticed it in the very first episode. Shauna is emphatic about being an adult, but simultaneously seems perfectly fine under her parents' thumb and doesn't attempt to prove her adulthood by taking on many responsibilities.

Especially when it comes to finding a real job and affordable housing. Exercising pets for a vet, and looking at $4k a month apartments, so much BS.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Shauna needs more driving lessons. Long Island can be very intimidating. 
What the he’ll, just going to get into FIT easily? Or at least her parents do. And she’s going to rent a place in New York but she couldn’t afford one on Long Island. This show is so contrived ridiculous. Give us some realness .That cookie cake looked  disgusting. And who doesn’t like cake? I never heard of such a thing. 😀

Shauna has an opportunity to travel with whatever his name is and she just shines it on. I know she has a lot of insecurities etc. but my god this. is a once in a lifetime thing. Although, I suppose how much do you really know about someone you met online and don’t know very much about. There’s a lot of sickos out there. I’d be scared myself. 
I hope she at least gets the opportunity to design clothes for a little people because this sounds great. And it would give her some confidence and a way to make some money and get out of that crazy house with her parents. 
The older sister seems like a real bitch and I’m not surprised that they don’t get on all that well. Shauna seems to get along a lot better with her younger half sister, she doesn’t come off as all that intelligent but she certainly seems friendly and nice . 

• Like 2
On 12/29/2022 at 6:21 AM, chediavolo said:

And who doesn’t like cake? I never heard of such a thing. 😀

Whitney Thore apparently 😆

(when she consumed all that cake at the cake tasting and then said she doesn’t actually like cake)

• Wink 1
  • LOL 3

I realize it’s probably difficult for Shauna to live independently, when she’s been so intertwined with them since childhood.  I think that may be more interesting and rewarding to watch.  If the Amish (Recall that TLC show?) can go to NYC why can’t Shauna?  Lol

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Are Shauna’s sisters half or full sisters?  

I believe Shauna and Tara are full sisters and when their mother married Mark they had Rylee so she’s a half-sister. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

First and foremost, please get Rylee off my screen. 

Shauna has a very small window of tolerance and doesn't handle stress well. I didn't see what was so stressful about the move except for Rylee being an idiot and packing her sh*t in trash bags. Grow up already.

I definitely think Shauna could take it upon herself to dress and act more like an adult, if she wants to be treated like an adult. Investing in a capsule wardrobe of quality pieces that fit her properly would do a world of difference, as would a haircut and good makeup. It doesn't have to be a closet full of clothes, but she needs to do something. Leggings and Converse do make her look like an 8-year old child. And the entire family needs to stop enabling both Shauna and Rylee.

I would be so happy for her if she could get out and make a go of a career in the fashion industry. 

I kinda think Tommy the firefighter (who I loved) dodged a bullet for the present term.

• Like 4

If Shauna really does have migraines, I hope she can get treatments.  There are treatments that could help.  Most people that I know who have migraines get in bed and shut down. They can’t see well and don’t have the ability to argue or shop for groceries.  I wonder if she’s been diagnosed with migraines.  

• Like 4
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If Shauna really does have migraines, I hope she can get treatments.  There are treatments that could help.  Most people that I know who have migraines get in bed and shut down. They can’t see well and don’t have the ability to argue or shop for groceries.  I wonder if she’s been diagnosed with migraines.  

Didn’t sound like a migraine if she was able to go out & shop. Looked & acted normally. That’s not a migraine. I hope she sees a dr. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Didn’t sound like a migraine if she was able to go out & shop. Looked & acted normally. That’s not a migraine. I hope she sees a dr. 

She probably did not want to shop under normal circumstances, but moving and shopping were part of the "script" that day, and production is all set. I remember reading something years and years ago about the kids being sick, yet John and Kate still had to film.   (well they were filming because of Kates desire for fame).  So basically, Migraine be damned ,  this is what has to happen.   

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, mom2two said:

She probably did not want to shop under normal circumstances, but moving and shopping were part of the "script" that day, and production is all set. I remember reading something years and years ago about the kids being sick, yet John and Kate still had to film.   (well they were filming because of Kates desire for fame).  So basically, Migraine be damned ,  this is what has to happen.   

Could be but it had to be a very mild one then. I used to suffer migraines and there’s no way that you wouldn’t have been able to tell from my face and demeanor that I was sick with a migraine and I certainly would not be in a grocery store with those bright lights, crowds of people , and noise. 

• Like 1

Apparently the acceptance rate for FIT is over 50%. It's selective but not THAT selective.

Shauna was almost in tears when her parents brought up how she'll need to go to school and do something with her life eventually. They needed to have this discussion 4 years ago when she graduated high school, not wait until she's 23.

Edited by overtherainbow
  • Like 6
On 1/5/2023 at 3:49 PM, chediavolo said:

Could be but it had to be a very mild one then. I used to suffer migraines and there’s no way that you wouldn’t have been able to tell from my face and demeanor that I was sick with a migraine and I certainly would not be in a grocery store with those bright lights, crowds of people , and noise. 

I suffered from migraine for years (turned out to be my birth control pills..... I'd take about them with my regular doctor, not my gyno, so the connection wasn't made for. a while) and yeah, I needed silence and darkness or I'd be throwing up from the pain, so filming in a grocery store wouldn't be happening. 

• Like 3

The whole Brooklyn trial run Airbnb made no sense.  Rhylee bringing a dog and not helping with grocery shopping?   You're going to bring all the dusty appliances from the basement to a temporary rental?  If Shauna was serious about FIT why wouldn't she be looking at dorms instead of apartments?  Was Rhylee looking at college too?  Rhylee is absolutely no help.  I don't care about the oldest sister's wedding so no update is needed.  I do agree a European excursion with the new bf is way too soon.

• Like 2

The issue for me is that it was too contrived.  TLC once again fails to recognize the the real appeal of a show would be the actual journey of the people, not staged situations, like a leased car just for the scenes or a temporary apt just to film the show.  I hope something actually progressed with Shauna.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I am really beginning not to like Shauna and her family. She wants to be treated like an adult but has such an attitude. They way she screamed "leave me alone" was like a 5 year old temper tantrum. I get migraines can be horrific, but she couldn't just say I need to lay down my head is killing me? I don't know much about the older sister, but Shauna and Riley seem to have no direction in life and the parents are of no help.  

• Like 9

I know she can't help it, I suppose, but her voice is like nails on chalkboard.  It's very much like Jen Arnold's, whose incessant giggling also drove me crazy, or the primordial dwarves when they had specials.  Please get voice coaching!  Between that and conversing and behaving like a five-year-old, you're not doing yourself any favors in the adult world.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Shauna sounds to me as if she has gotten voice lessons and that’s why her voice sounds like she is trying to speak in a lower tone. When she loses focus, it gets high again.  It doesn’t bother me, because I know it’s something she can’t control easily.  

On 1/12/2023 at 8:44 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am really beginning not to like Shauna and her family. She wants to be treated like an adult but has such an attitude. They way she screamed "leave me alone" was like a 5 year old temper tantrum. I get migraines can be horrific, but she couldn't just say I need to lay down my head is killing me? I don't know much about the older sister, but Shauna and Riley seem to have no direction in life and the parents are of no help.  

4 hours ago, Dibs said:

I know she can't help it, I suppose, but her voice is like nails on chalkboard.  It's very much like Jen Arnold's, whose incessant giggling also drove me crazy, or the primordial dwarves when they had specials.  Please get voice coaching!  Between that and conversing and behaving like a five-year-old, you're not doing yourself any favors in the adult world.

You both nailed it right on the head to me. She wants to be treated like an adult her actual age, yet she throws5 y/o tantrums or shrieks or acts so over-the-top it just draws attention. Of course, people are going to assume she's under 10 y/o because that's the way she's acting.

I did notice on the BTS type episode they had this week, she seemed more like a normal mature person not just someone acting a part. In the regular episodes she always seems to be overly loud and flailing her arms around making a scene. *Look at me!!! Look at me!!!*

• Like 1
On 1/20/2023 at 11:26 AM, auntjess said:

This screams FAKE. Not sure if she is on the scam, but wow, a super hot guy who earns his living as an influencer, I mean, travel blogger, just can't get enough of this chick. A shrieky woman who not only looks but behaves like an 8 year old but just happens to have a reality tv show. That he will now be featured on before flying home. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1