Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: James B's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Remember you don't use the Lacey method, of frying the bacon in butter.  

I cook mine in the oven at 400 degrees. :) Frying bacon in butter leads to explosive diarrhea while on the road. #newpantsnewpants

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Don't forget cheeeeese, with the crusty bread!

We did a virtual charcuterie workshop as a work holiday party yesterday.  I still have lots of delicious cheese in the fridge (three kinds of cheese, three kinds of meats!).  Never had 'cheddar gruyere' before - it's actually delicious, with texture more like cheddar though smoother, taste more like gruyere, though this one actually has Provence herbs in it too...   Maybe I will have some cheese later!

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

It is so good! Highly recommend but proceed with caution 😂 

Everything in moderation, of course😉

Besides, now I'm in my fifties it takes a couple days to recover from a hangover.......sigh!

Edited by String Theory
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

We did a virtual charcuterie workshop as a work holiday party yesterday.  I still have lots of delicious cheese in the fridge (three kinds of cheese, three kinds of meats!).  Never had 'cheddar gruyere' before - it's actually delicious, with texture more like cheddar though smoother, taste more like gruyere, though this one actually has Provence herbs in it too...   Maybe I will have some cheese later!

I love cheese so much! Not as much as James though

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Mangu is boiled plantains mashed with onion and garlic, mofungo is similar but fried with pork. 

Oooh, I've made mangu before! So delicious! And one of my "heart children" is Domincan, he and I have made tostones before. Yum. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Sproutlet said:

Nice of TLC to work the Calibrate ads in during every commercial break. 

Calibrate rejected me!! I have the wrong insurance!

I still want the Calibrate outfits and the badass posture. 

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Love 1

What is interesting is for 56 years i visited family in DR.  I rarely saw obese people. It was only the last few vacations when American fast food like burger King and Dunkin moved in I saw a lot fatter people.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I have a Ninja Foodi that I got last Christmas.

I've debated the Foodi, but am happy with my Instant Pot and AF. My DIL has a Foodi and it is huge when you see it in person. I don't drink coffee, but my space is taken up with a Kitchen Aid stand mixer and a Vitamix. I had to ditch the bread box & toaster. 

• Love 1

I picked up some awesome-looking dry aged steaks for Christmas dinner. My brother will be cooking. That works for me. 

Going to a place where he saw his father once or twice.

Speak truth, Cheyenne. "You're only stopping yourself."

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Enjoy every bite!

I love cheese, and my Italian American self can state, it is a healthy fat/protein.

ENJOY !

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oooh, I've made mangu before! So delicious! And one of my "heart children" is Domincan, he and I have made tostones before. Yum. 

Mangu with fried eggs.... the thing is you ate this but you ate a lot of fresh fruit, veg, seafood and meats. Moderation.

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Jesus, is he still blathering on about his absent, deadbeat father that he didn't have a relationship with? Shut. Up. 

Yup, I'm about over him....using his dad, who he said hadn't been in his life & now all of the sudden it's dead dad grief time excuse!

• Love 4

At last a local clinic for a weigh in.    His knees really don't move do they?   

Down to 543, so 82 lbs total.       There is no way that he couldn't do this program in NYC.   

Going back to Houston, and a goal of getting down 35 lbs. in two months, and plan the move to Houston.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

Has anyone has surgery this season?  It's like they just used all the footage of people who were half ass and decided to just air it all this season.

The first two or three people did... it's the last two and this one that are failing.  Though last week's non-episode takes first prize lack-of-action-wise, for all seasons.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2