Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

Rockstar Rookie: Kleine, Tyra, Kaydianna, Lea, Kelee, Tori. I actually love this rookie class. 

One and Done: I hope Madeline S. Boringggggg. 

Sleeper Hit: Jensen, Ashlinn.  

Edited by JayDKay
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Only 8 group leaders - this entire group would have to retire: Gina, Lexie, Caroline, Rachel, Amber, Ashlee, Erin, Jalyn.

My bet is they will lose 4 or 5 of those 8, so potentially the 4 first group leader spots will just stay with the same old. 

Chandi and Kelcey (hopefully they both return!) seem like shoo-ins for 2nd GL. Likely other contenders would be McKenzie, Claire, and Darian. 

Honestly I'm guessing only Caroline and Ashlee might come back. Gina and Lexie have both done five years and have both accomplished a lot, so I don't see either of them staying. Amber has already announced this is her last year (I'm pretty sure) and Rachel's segment in the finale episode suggests that she's leaving after this year. I think Jalyn had a great redemption season as far as making SG again and making 2GL, she should leave now while she's in a good place. And Erin I just don't see staying for a fifth year, not quite sure why. Maybe she will though. But I'm thinking they will have three returning GLs max, so at least one new group leader with no 2GL experience. The only current 4th years without leadership positions are Taylor, who's already announced that she's retiring, and Madeline, who I also don't see staying. Idk, maybe I'm being cynical. But based on this I'm guessing Kelcey will be a first group leader for sure, Chandi if there's a second spot, and then 2GLs will be Claire, McKenzie, Armani, and possibly Kat (I see her staying and if she's paired with someone like Kelcey who's a little more reserved it could actually be a decent leadership combination).

• Love 14
2 hours ago, tteek74 said:

I don’t understand why everyone balks or doesn’t think Lea should have made it. I love her. She’s adorable! We’ve had plenty who haven’t been glam girls. What’s up with that?

it’s kind of how everyone came so hard for Marissa last year. Now, everyone loves her.

I think more people like her than dislike her. The ones that dislike her are just loud about it. And loud for no reason too because she basically walked onto the team 🤣 forever Team Lea. She’s going to go far and they’re going to hate itttt. Think of how this forum treated Gina even to this day lol. It’s only fuel for them to prove them wrong! IMO she’s Gina 2.0, in a good way.

Edited by DCC93
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20

Sorry but I don't see what people see in Caroline so I'd be glad to see her hang up her boots so other girls can shine.

The rookies I'm not sold is Amber and Madeline.

The Sleeper Hit will be Megan. I think she will grow on me once I get to know her.

If I were to make a triangle with the rookies it'll either be 

Kelee    Kleine            or      Kelee    Kleine 

Tyra                                       Lea

edit to add:

I think Kelee and Kleine will stay until year 4 so They'll be in the triangle but maybe not point.

Tyra and Lea both are strong enough to become point but I feel like they might be a 2 year and done.

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 7

Oh and I think Ashlin will become poster girl. I think she has the kind of beauty that almost all can agree on.

(unlike how Madeline and Lea have strong opinions from both sides)

Ashlin might not be everyone's first choice of beauty but nobody will deny her beauty.

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, tteek74 said:

I don’t understand why everyone balks or doesn’t think Lea should have made it. I love her. She’s adorable! We’ve had plenty who haven’t been glam girls. What’s up with that?

it’s kind of how everyone came so hard for Marissa last year. Now, everyone loves her.

I think Marissa had two strikes against her...she's more cute than classically beautiful, and her TikTok's were bad.  SO BAD.  But she truly does shine when she dances, and I think she's more photogenic in videos than pictures.  The squad has always had the glamour girls and the sporty cute gals, girl-next-door or whatnot.  Lea doesn't cleanly fit any of the typical DCC looks, but I think she has really interesting features.  IMO she's more editorial in her beauty, like Amanda, but the big blonde hair popped Amanda into the glamour girl side.  I would love to see Lea in a killer photo shoot with dramatic makeup, so curious how swimsuit calendar will shake out for her.

11 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Honestly I'm guessing only Caroline and Ashlee might come back. Gina and Lexie have both done five years and have both accomplished a lot, so I don't see either of them staying. Amber has already announced this is her last year (I'm pretty sure) and Rachel's segment in the finale episode suggests that she's leaving after this year. I think Jalyn had a great redemption season as far as making SG again and making 2GL, she should leave now while she's in a good place. 

I think Jaylyn will likely do five - it's good visibility for her wedding planner career, as well as her work as a pilates instructor.  If she were to open her own studio, another year of contacts, especially adding show group back in, would be to her benefit.  

That said, I wouldn't blame her one bit if she made this her last year.  I think for her there are more advantages than disadvantages, or she would have left after her second year.  

• Love 12

Personally I think Lea is prettier than most of our last points (Gina, Maddie, Amy specifically) and has more personality and musicality than Rachel the Stepford Robot. I would love to see Lea and Kelee switch off point in a few years. 

Caroline - I don't know what happened there bc although her look could not be more Basic if she tried, her technique is up there with Gina's and I don't know how she wasn't triangle or point. I think they're very over her and I'd peace out if I were her.

I've been over Lexie and that too long hair for at least 2 years now LOL, so if she goes then bye. 

I think they've just had so much talent lately that there's no room for everyone to be show group or triangle, which i guess is a good problem.

Not getting the love for Kleine. I feel like she's just another over the top cookie cutter blond. 

• Love 12

"LeA dOeSn'T hAvE PoP" "LeA sHoUlDn'T bE oN tHe TeAm" LOL sorry Dani and Amber lovers butttt... Lea is eating these girls UPPPP. It's almost a little bit embarrassing how insane the contrast is between her and other girls. Even in the steps where they're walking in place (0:27), she puts her shoulders and genuine energy into it. This girl is going to go far.

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 24
58 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

"LeA dOeSn'T hAvE PoP" "LeA sHoUlDn'T bE oN tHe TeAm" LOL sorry Dani and Amber lovers butttt... Lea is eating these girls UPPPP. It's almost a little bit embarrassing how insane the contrast is between her and other girls. Even in the steps where they're walking in place (0:27), she puts her shoulders and genuine energy into it. This girl is going to go far.

I think she has great technique and love her dancing. It really is just her face for me. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

I think she has great technique and love her dancing. It really is just her face for me. 

It's her Rookie year! I'm sure the glow-up is gonna be insane. I think the more confident she gets on the field the more beautiful she's going to get. But yeah my post was more directed towards the people who say she doesn't have pop. I'm like, HUH? Hahaha

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

It's her Rookie year! I'm sure the glow-up is gonna be insane. I think the more confident she gets on the field the more beautiful she's going to get. But yeah my post was more directed towards the people who say she doesn't have pop. I'm like, HUH? Hahaha

I will be upset if we don’t get a DCC in motion of Lea or a trio with Claire, Rebecca, and Lea like when they danced to Travis’ choreo.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

I think Marissa had two strikes against her...she's more cute than classically beautiful, and her TikTok's were bad.  SO BAD.  But she truly does shine when she dances, and I think she's more photogenic in videos than pictures.  

More than being more cute than classically beautiful, I think one of the major strikes against Marissa was her parents hyping her making training camp so much & then there were the "MarissaMarauders" hyping things too -- it just turned people off of her (& then there were the tik toks . . .).

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DCC93 said:

"LeA dOeSn'T hAvE PoP" "LeA sHoUlDn'T bE oN tHe TeAm" LOL sorry Dani and Amber lovers butttt... Lea is eating these girls UPPPP.

Yeah.....no.  Not seeing it.  It was Amber that grabbed my attention when they were side-by-side.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Personally I think Lea is prettier than most of our last points (Gina, Maddie, Amy specifically) and has more personality and musicality than Rachel the Stepford Robot. I would love to see Lea and Kelee switch off point in a few years. 

Gina has an unusual look, but she's fascinating to watch.  Maddie had the girl-next-door appeal, and she was explosive on the field.  Amy was pretty...not beautiful but cute, and people related to her and rooted for her.  Rachel is gorgeous and can turn it on when she's on the field, but kind of fades into the woodwork when she's not.  I guess it's better than being the other way around.  

I don't think Lea was prettier than any of them, honestly, but that's just my opinion.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Not getting the love for Kleine. I feel like she's just another over the top cookie cutter blond. 

Same. She hasn’t impressed me at all. Not that you need a lifetime of dance and technique to be a good DCC, but it seems like she doesn’t have the former and hasn’t really stood out as the latter? Like, with lots of other girls, it’s “omg her technique! amazing! she’s so strong!” but I don’t remember seeing her do literally anything impressive dance wise this season, or else they would’ve highlighted it. I don’t remember her dance being highlighted ever. And no technique comments. Does anyone know about her dance background?

Her solo looked bad and “stompy” like they said, and of course I could be wrong but tbh I suspect she was hiding a lack of ~classical~ training by going the hip-hop route 

I really can’t stand the over the top blonde type like you described, but at least Marissa can turn it out

• Love 4
21 hours ago, DCC93 said:

I think more people like her than dislike her. The ones that dislike her are just loud about it. And loud for no reason too because she basically walked onto the team 🤣 forever Team Lea. She’s going to go far and they’re going to hate itttt. Think of how this forum treated Gina even to this day lol. It’s only fuel for them to prove them wrong! IMO she’s Gina 2.0, in a good way.

I don't dislike her as a person.  She seems very sweet.  I don't think she's ugly either.  If she goes far, I'm not going to hate it.  More power to her.  But you're kidding yourself if you believe she basically walked onto the team. 

• Love 3

I like Lea, except for one thing.   I can't stand the choppy bob, with the waves.   It looks too artificial, and like they use too much product on it.   I think the DCC with hair that moves better, look better.   I know that seems superficial, but I think Lea and others who have that stiff looking hair could look better with more movement.    

While I'm on the topic of hair pet peeves, I hate that almost all of the blondes are the same shade, I guess that's a fashion trend too, but I think a little variation that was matched to each DCC would be better.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Emchammy said:

I’ve kept looking at the squad photo trying to figure out what looked weird about it. Where is Kaydianna’s belly button?! 😂😂

D1EDE004-9164-44D4-816F-6810F0BA5EA2.png

Because there is a part of me think that this years squad photo was just as bad as last years "individually photo'ed in their place and then photoshoped squad photo" and that this year was also photohopped too based on the photo it kind of looks weird in general. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Because there is a part of me think that this years squad photo was just as bad as last years "individually photo'ed in their place and then photoshoped squad photo" and that this year was also photohopped too based on the photo it kind of looks weird in general. 

same here… is her belly button not where you’d expect it to be???

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWjdlXfOK_k/?utm_medium=copy_link

On 11/21/2021 at 10:16 PM, Kamal said:

Oh and I think Ashlin will become poster girl. I think she has the kind of beauty that almost all can agree on.

(unlike how Madeline and Lea have strong opinions from both sides)

Ashlin might not be everyone's first choice of beauty but nobody will deny her beauty.

I think Madeline while boring has better looks then Lea and Ashlin

A lot of people talk about Lea not having the look but Ashlin doesn’t either and the uniform doesn’t look good on her she’s very square for it and she’s a boring dancer at least Lea looks good in the uniform and is a great dancer

Edited by Carisaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Carisaaaaaaaaaaa said:

I think Madeline while boring has better looks then Lea and Ashlin

A lot of people talk about Lea not having the look but Ashlin doesn’t either and the uniform doesn’t look good on her she’s very square for it and she’s a boring dancer at least Lea looks good in the uniform and is a great dancer

Interesting because I think the opposite about Madeline and Ashlin. Good reminder that we all have different opinions.

This made me want to create a poll asking "who do you think is DCC unattractive?"

Surely the person with the least votes will be different to whom gets the most votes when asked "who is most attractive?"

(tempting but I don't think I should since that'll be too shady)

• Love 4
On 11/20/2021 at 10:37 PM, EricaShadows said:

Madeline S looks absolutely STUNNING in this.  Many of the other girls looked better here as well.  Why couldn't the squad photo look as good as this video did?

Madeline S and Rebecca both definitely rock that girl next door look. Love this pic of them together. I know the red lip is only for Christmas, but I wish Madeline would keep it. She looks gorgeous here. I know I'm in the minority, but I think Madeline will be a standout if she comes back as a vet. Especially since she has rockstars Armani and Ashlee  working with her all season. :) 

Screenshot_20211121-082706-123~2.png

• Love 16
55 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

https://fb.watch/9sMLIbJPdT/

Confirmation of Lexie's retirement at the end of this season. 

Good. She’s a consistent performer and checks all the marks that they look for in a great DCC but I am so ready for a mix up front and let some other DCC shine now. 

I really hope she does something more natural looking with her hair and makeup when she retires. Whenever I see a glimpse of that she is stunning. 

2 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Madeline S and Rebecca both definitely rock that girl next door look. Love this pic of them together. I know the red lip is only for Christmas, but I wish Madeline would keep it. She looks gorgeous here. I know I'm in the minority, but I think Madeline will be a standout if she comes back as a vet. Especially since she has rockstars Armani and Ashlee  working with her all season. :) 

Screenshot_20211121-082706-123~2.png

I swear Madeline doesn’t take a bad shot. Ok ok there was the one early on where her dance hose were too dark. Every still shot I see of her on the field this season since that one photo is a knockout. I think she takes better photos than Rachel.

Girl next door is a good way to describe Rebecca. She’s not strong on the glamour side of things -  I think (and hope) her look will evolve if she is a DCC more than one season. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, DCC93 said:

Idk why I've been thinking about this so much... Who do y'all think is gonna form the triangle(s) next year if all the 4th & 5th years leave?! I can't believe the season is over!

the season is over? the cowboys don't have any more home games after Thursday?

Ok I'll weigh in on the Lea thing since it seems to be a thing. Everyone has their own preferences hence Kelli's bouquet theory. Lol. IMHO Lea is the sassy, sporty type. She serves every move whereas some of the others are just doing their eight counts. One thing that's noticeable to me is that she makes really pretty shapes. Plus I think it's cute that Kleine Megan and Lea live together. Seems fun. (Though I still wish I knew what they did for a living).

Madeline S is very photogenic. My only pet peeve is when the face skin tone so obviously mismatches the torso skin tone but I get that its an issue with stage makeup.

Ashlinn is great but I do seem to frequently get the blondes all mixed up from time to time. She doesn't stand out.

Okay I'll end on this. I'm happy for VK to return next year. I'm so curious to know if MTT will focus on the story or sweep it under some sort of rug.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Okay I'll end on this. I'm happy for VK to return next year. I'm so curious to know if MTT will focus on the story or sweep it under some sort of rug.

say what - now ?huh? what has she been doing dance-wise to be competitive ?  It will be hard to imagine her as a rookie... and people treating her as one

someone will point her out ; MTT or Kelli... esp if the other 2 injured vets come back as well... "The Return of the Vets".. Season 17, Episode 1.

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sATL said:

say what - now ?huh? what has she been doing dance-wise to be competitive ?  It will be hard to imagine her as a rookie... and people treating her as one

someone will point her out ; MTT or Kelli... esp if the other 2 injured vets come back as well... "The Return of the Vets".. Season 17, Episode 1.

Lol. I should have pointed out that I'm excited mainly to just see how the return of Victoria is presented. I am neither a fan nor foe of hers- but if it's her life's dream, I'm happy for her to come back. It will mainly be interesting from a show point of view for me. I don't think she'd be a rookie since they never said she retired. She just "took a break."

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 8

I wonder if Lexies is the first of many retirement videos to come out? I like this video clip better than a simple insta post. 

Also I’d love for Ashlee to come back next year as point! She’s got the pop and I think the last POC we had point was Mia back in 2013. 

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, Monique said:

I wonder if Lexies is the first of many retirement videos to come out? I like this video clip better than a simple insta post. 

Also I’d love for Ashlee to come back next year as point! She’s got the pop and I think the last POC we had point was Mia back in 2013. 

Ashlee was doing a q and a the other day and people were asking if she was coming back she said a lot of people were asking her that 

• LOL 1
On 11/21/2021 at 8:23 AM, ExtremeFajitas said:

I thought it might be fun to make predictions about the rookie class. Tell me your:

Rockstar Rookie: Great dancer and ambassador, ROTY candidate

One and Done: Either retires or gets cut next season

Sleeper Hit: Flies under the radar at first but starts to really shine in year 2 or 3

Rockstar Rookie: Tori seems to be the best, but I think Kaydianna or Kleine (based on personality) will win ROTY 
One and Done: Rebecca may just retire and move on to pursue another one of the areas/fields/jobs she's interested in. I definitely think being a DCC was just on her bucket list
Sleeper Hit: Kelee (she's not bad right now, but she's not top 3; that said, I think she'll definitely be one of the best of her class by the end of this year and be at least 2nd GL by year 3)

Back to the Lea topic: I wasn't at first too crazy about her looks, but the more I see her face on print and on the field, the more I'm convinced that her hair (both the length and cut) is doing absolutely nothing for her. If she grew out her hair or got some extensions, I really do think it'd bring out her features, specially her pretty eyes :) 

Regarding group leaders... idk why but it's really going to bother me if we have any 1st GLs that don't have any previous 2nd GL experience. I don't think it's necessary, but I feel like K&J should have known a big exodus was likely to happen after this season and prepare at least Kelcey and Chandi for leadership positions this year. 

Regarding retirements: At first I had slightly different opinions on who was retiring/leaving, but now I think only Jalyn and Caroline (of the current 4th years) will stay. I remember Melissa's remarks when they exploring the placement of the triangle. She said, "If she's not the point now I think she will be soon." I think Caroline may have been pushed further back in the triangle bc they anticipate making her one of the points next year. I think Jalyn would have retired this year, but getting back on show group and getting 2nd GL (along with starting her business[es]) may be why she stays for a fifth year.

Part of me really thinks if there's as big of an exodus as the producers are alluding to then Gina may really just do a 6th year, but I was wrong about Maddie doing a 6th year so I'll probably be wrong again lol 

Based off of the above I think leadership will be as follows:
1st GLs: Gina, Caroline, Jalyn, Kelcey (Chandi if Gina does retire)
2nd GLs: Chandi (if Gina doesn't retire), McKenzie, Armani, Claire, (Dani/Elli/Darian - if Gina does retire can't pick which of the three claims that last spot lol)

• Love 4
13 hours ago, lazydaydreamer said:

Regarding retirements: At first I had slightly different opinions on who was retiring/leaving, but now I think only Jalyn and Caroline (of the current 4th years) will stay.

I would seriously LOVE if Jalyn came back. But I don't think she will. She said her and Amber have been crying a lot this season so it's probably her last. :(

I think Erin is a possible 5th year. But I'm not sure she'd want to come back without her besties Taylor and Madeline

Edited by dccfan204
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

Caroline is a contender for point in the future if she stays on the team. In season 14 she was one that Kelli had her eye on for point and Kashara also choose Caroline to be point that season and at this years Christmas show, Caroline was point on stage.

• Love 3