Type keyword(s) to search

Ponderosa for season 41

Lamima
  • Start Topic

I love her. Seriously. You can’t really argue that she is wrong. And she was so desperate to talk to people she found the torch lighter. And she knows she talks too much. I do feel sorry for the next person voted off because she is going to totally bitch them out for voting her out.

• Love 7

Tiffany would have been gold on Big Brother (although I'd want her to be on old school Big Brother when the feeds were actually on more than 5 minutes a day).  Seriously though, I'm already more interested in her at Ponderosa than I am with those back in the game.  In one of her post show interviews she said that she was so desperate to get people to talk to her at camp about what was going on, she thought about just finding a crab to talk to.

• Love 3

I was glad to see the Ponderosa video. As usual, the place looks great and the food to die for. Especially, if you haven’t eaten in a while. It is funny that she’s the first member of the jury and it’s only Night 16. Of course, that’s what we get and so you can’t begrudge the players for that. Tiffany is setting a great tone already and is hysterical. She looked great. I’m dying to see who the next jury member is. Welcome Back, Ponderosa! I’ve missed you. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 7

I now wish we had seen a lot more of Tiffany on the show, she is hilarious.  She is so right that it was stupid to leave 3 people in the game with idols, without flushing a single one.  they definitely should have put more votes on xander.  

loved her bringing the torch lighter ceremony into survivor ceremony.  

she seems to be fun person to hang out with, hopefully she will get someone fun to join her and not a debbie downer.

• Love 5

Thanks for sharing for us poor Canadians who usually can't get the Ponderosa content.

Tiff is hilarious. "I don't use toilets anymore, I go by rocks on the beach."

I liked that we actually got a little Fijian culture lesson in this first episode. The food looks delicious.

• Love 3

I think she'll make a great first juror.  They often set the tone for the Ponderosa experience.  She's light-hearted, and understands that people need to vent, then move forward.  Ponderosa may be a better watch than Survivor this season.

• Love 4

Tiffany was so delightful! Now I feel bad for being so down on her the first couple of episodes. 

22 hours ago, Fretful said:

I think she'll make a great first juror.  They often set the tone for the Ponderosa experience. 

My thought exactly. Who was the woman recently who greeted each person who came to Exile Island like the Grim Reaper? Tiffany will be the opposite of her. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Tiffany was so delightful! Now I feel bad for being so down on her the first couple of episodes. 

My thought exactly. Who was the woman recently who greeted each person who came to Exile Island like the Grim Reaper? Tiffany will be the opposite of her. 

Reem Daly

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

But so much better for the viewers!  Reem was the only entertaining thing about the EOE that season, lol.

I still snicker about her greeting to WarDog: “We’re like oil and water. Water is over there, so roll over.”

• LOL 3

Wow.  3 such different people but together nothing but joy.  No whining, no complaining about being lied to, just throwing it off and having a ball together.  I'd rather watch these people than the ones left in the game.

Kinda sucks tho that Evvie and Naseer had to share a video. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 11

This is also everyones first chance to hang out with other people and no masks in how long? They left the US with COVID raging, they quarantined in Fiji, and then they played Survivor. This is literally their first chance to hang out like normal people in over a year. I think we forget that time line pretty easily. 

But they seem to be handling it all well and are not sucking at life after the game. 

• Love 7

I still don't understand why the official site and channel is so slow to get these uploaded (and where the videos are actually coming from).

It's nice to get these early but the video quality isn't great.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That's what I'm saying! It's very strange. Maybe it's a part of their whole 'it's a new era of Survivor' bullshit lol.

Apparently they were sent via the US Postal Service. *shakes a fist at DeJoy*

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Still no Shan Ponderosa video. Unless, I’m totally missing it. Jeff ain’t kidding when he keeps saying it’s a new era of Survivor. It’s so new you can’t f’ing find the Ponderosa videos. I know it’s the Thanksgiving’s holiday but Survivor aired on Wednesday. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Still no Shan Ponderosa video. Unless, I’m totally missing it. Jeff ain’t kidding when he keeps saying it’s a new era of Survivor. It’s so new you can’t f’ing find the Ponderosa videos. I know it’s the Thanksgiving’s holiday but Survivor aired on Wednesday. 

The person/people who post them for CBS probably are off until Monday.

I liked the song though she bragged how even it was named Shan(ty). Didn't know she has MS. That's tough so good on her for being out there. But she is so self important it's gagging.

I like all the shots of the resort. That is nice to see. But did you all notice she was not greeted out front like everyone always is. She had to go in and find everyone. Unless they just didn't show it. Maybe she had to have a bigger medical evaluation that they didn't show and took longer than expected. 

• Love 4

That song is hilarious.  I'm glad they are all having so much fun.

Shan is still Shan.  I wanted to like her in this video, hoping she was just edited in the game as a villain, but she is still full of herself.  The MS reveal was surprising and I give her a lot of credit for competing with a physical issue.  One thing, she is gorgeous.  Her smile is radiant.  

• Love 3

I am not sure that she is full of herself, anymore then any other contestant playing Survivor. Evvie had a segment on playing Survivor as a queer, I believe that was her word of choice, and why it was important for her. She had the conversation on the beach with Tiffany where she explained why she used queer, reclaiming a past slur, and other thoughts on her sexuality. There was a clear narrative there and Evvie owned that.

Shan was asked by Production to discuss the Black Alliance and she explained herself. I can't say that I see Shan the way she describes herself (combining Ponderosa interview with the exit interviews I have read) but she was active in many of the marches and awareness activities regarding George Floyd and Briana Taylor last year. Her desire to have a Black Alliance came from her life experiences and recent events. That was not discussed on the show, I wonder how much of that was cut from the footage, but there is no reason to not believe that is what was driving her. Both she and DeShawn seemed conflicted about how to approach the Black Alliance and their desire to win the game. She sounds like someone who strongly identifies with the activist movement and was conflicted on the show. I have no problem with Shan playing the way she did and allowing her powerful past experiences influence her alliance choice.

I found Shan hard to watch, less because of the hypocrisy and more because she seemed blind to the hypocrisy. It is one thing to say that demanded JD's idol as a show of trust and good faith and then to be confused when Ricard refused to return the idol because he wanted to keep it as a sign that Shan trusted him and to make sure Shan didn't vote him out. The fact that she could not see the similarities is what annoys me. if she had owned it and just said "I am not JD and I am not falling for that" then that is one thing. Her genuine confusion that Ricard wanted to hold on to it to make sure that Shan didn't stab him in the back is what galls me.

I expect people to be hypocrites in Survivor. I have no problem with that. But own it.

Shan doesn't seem to be able to own her game play. I think the same is true for DeShawn. I think they both desperately want to win, which I get, and think that they need to be seen as the shot callers in order to win so they are insistent that their position is the only position to take. Neither one is going to felt heard by the other because they both want to take credit or the decision.

• Love 8

I am also pondering how the COVID situation and all the other political turmoil of 2020 influence Shan and the other African American members game play. The social isolation of COVID and the level of racial justice pressure in 2020 could very well have contributed to the strong sense of needing/wanting an AA Alliance this season. Shan and DeShawn both seemed to be very torn about stabbing each other in the back. Liana and Shan were pretty quick to bond. I think the feelings/emotions behind all of this was 100% there and I wonder if part of it is that this particular season was positioned at a point in time that took these strong feelings and emotions and brought them into game play.  

• Love 5