Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: WVRDR_ERROR_100 Oest-of-th3-Gs.gid30n notFound

• Start Topic

Happy 100th everyone!!

I love Spoons using the sun for navigation and time while Astra gets increasingly annoyed.

I can relate to Astra wanting the pie.

Astra and Spooner adventure time! First stop: Gideon’s brain.

Jax!! With the accent no less.

Yeah we didn’t need to see Bishop or another Ava clone. Since he has Gideon’s operating system I assume he’s behind the evil Waverider?

Of course it’s fucking Ava who teaches Gideon the importance of love. Not Rip or anyone else but Ava. Lord.

Hi Ray! AND SNART!

Go away Hawkdude and send me Kendra.

Snart and Sara interaction. Love.

Stein humming along and serenading us.

Hee Ray once replaced the booze with kombucha. Miss you Haircut.

Gideon’s memories popping up reminded me of when Ten found the missing planets on Doctor Who.

Seriously, no one asked for Hawkdude to come back. If Snart doesn’t kick his ass at some point then it was a waste of money.

Of course Rip’s the Evil Gideon. The double cross makes sense since she lacks Legend field experience.

The original crew really didn’t have time to have a brawl in the pilot before Hawkdude went down so I’ve decided this was a fake memory Evil Gideon implanted to distract Gideon.

It’s in character for Rip to add a new protocol to keep Gideon in line since his initial goal was to change history but I’m still not convinced these memories aren’t Evil Gideon creations.

Nice seeing Sara kick ass.

WHEN CAN I GET MY OWN BEEBO??? I’M READY TO BUY HIM RIGHT NOW.

Gideon it’s worth it because this show has been joy. Plus the Legends celebrate holidays at the same time.

Aww Gideon’s learned to love herself.

Astra, Spooner, and Gideon Adventure Time would be an excellent new The Magic School Bus.

Yep, Bishop is behind Evil Waverider.

• Love 5

I'm convinced Jax was British in memory because Franz Drameh is out of practice in his American accent. I thought regular Jax sounded different. And Victor Garber seems to have aged more than I would've guessed in the last 3-4 years, which makes me a little sad, but at least he sang! And one of Ray's favorites. 

This ep needed Rory. And at least one character played by Maisie Richardson-Sellers. Preferably Amaya agreeing with Astra about the sheer number of Brits. And I'm sure Hawkgirl was busy, but not mentioning her seemed wrong. I don't think we even saw her in flashback. Although I'm amused that the show also seems to be ignoring Wally's time on the ship. 

Ooh, we needed to see a puppet Legend! Preferably Real Stein's reaction to said puppet.

34 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

WHEN CAN I GET MY OWN BEEBO??? I’M READY TO BUY HIM RIGHT NOW.

Seriously, how is this not in stores?! And here's the closest I could find: https://www.etsy.com/listing/787285543/crochet-pattern-beebo-crochet-pattern?ref=reviews

I love that so many members were able to return for this episode. I admit when we got that final scene on the Waverider, I was a bit teary seeing all of the legends together. I really wish that Rory had been able to make an appearance. His absence was glaring, especially with Snart there.  I also didn’t realize how much I missed Rip. 

I’m really enjoying this season after the darkness of the previous seasons. 

• Love 9

Stroll down memory lane in what is probably the best Arrowverse "anniversary" episode ever . . . and then we find out fucking Bishop is coming back. Okay, he's far from the annoying singing and fucking manbun, but it's still Bishop. And he does have a legit motive because the Legends erased his memory . . . .but he's still Bishop.

Yeah, I could've used more Legends popping in. Also, no reference to Rory, as opposed to Wentworth Miller gesturing to a PA curled up on the floor. Legends of Tomorrow got off to a rocky start, and the idea of lumping guest stars from other Arrowverse shows was dubious . . . but the results have been awesome. For the most part.

I'm convinced Amy Louise Pemberton would've made a good Doctor. It's a mix of the accent, the emotional swings, and the grasping of humanity. Nice touch that perhaps the most overlooked cast member got to play the biggest role in the anniversary. Was Amy Louise in the credits when the show first aired? The only other "OG" left is Caity.

Heh . . . the "evil" Zar1.0 came to fight Astra and Spooner with a doughnut in hand. The fights were fun . . . especially Sara and Ava grunting "babe" to each other. And then Sara got tripped up on a Beebo doll.

I was surprised to find Franz was British. I discovered that when I saw him in Attack the Block. Two of the main stars were John Boyega and Jodie Whittaker. Good movie.

If the Waverider gets rebuilt, there should be at least two bathrooms, right? Maybe that will be Bishop's positive contribution to the lore!

• Love 2

I forgot this was the 100th and a host of older Legends were guesting... actually, I had only heard mention of Wentworth. The initial start of the episode had me dreading the next hour; 'oh great, Spooner and Astra, the worst "legend" in the history of the show (fight me, lol) stuck in a Gideon's brain bottle episode', ugh! Astra aside, it ended up pretty great... except until Bishop reared up again....and again. What is with the CW and Berlanti recycling the villains on their shows so that they overstay their welcome and make the shows almost unbearable? Legends has managed to avoid it, for the most part up until now, I guess it was their turn. Can we please have him shut down and vanquished in a maximum 3 episode arc?

I like the contrast between what Rip and Bishop did to Gideon's programming.  Rip may have been shady with changing the programming to be protecting the Legends, but that allowed Gideon to evolve, to have emotions, develop attachments to the Legends, and have faith in the Legends.  Yes the Legends have screwed up the timeline, as was said previously, they take a chainsaw to it.  Sometimes, that's what it takes though.  Also, they fix the timeline when they fuck it up.  Bishop's change doesn't allow for any of that, he stripped away Gideon's personality and her choices.

Loved seeing the return of previous Legends, including Beebo.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, bettername2come said:

I'm convinced Jax was British in memory because Franz Drameh is out of practice in his American accent. I thought regular Jax sounded different. 

Mr. kirinan and I noticed somewhere in the last part of the show (forgive me, I can't say exactly where because I'm at work and don't have access to my DVR), Jax got his American accent back. It was brief so it may have been a clip from an old show, but it was definitely the old Jax accent.

Edited to add: I still miss my OG Legends (except the Hawks, although I would have rather seen Hawkgirl. And I detest the Bishop character so much that I would have rather seen Vandal Savage).

Mr. kirinan had to put up with me squealing every time one of them made their entrance. "JAAAAXXXX!" "RAAAAYYYYY!" "STEIIIIIINNN!" "RIIIIIIIIIP!" With, of course, the longest and loudest squeal reserved for my beloved Captain Cold. I just wish Mick had been able to come back in more than a flash of clips. Still, though, it was the most satisfying hour of TV I've seen in a long time. Caity did a great job of directing.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 2

For a 100th episode, this may be one of the top ones in the Arrowverse (I actually enjoyed Supergirl's the most, and this one would be second). Getting almost everyone back had to have been a real challenge, but I love that they managed to do it. I know they couldn't get back certain people, and bringing back Hawkman, who essentially was probably the most useless Legend they ever had, was probably more because they couldn't bring back Kendra, BUT it was a really touching episode filled with a lot of heartwarming moments. AND I appreciate when things somewhat progress. Ok, not too much progressed the story, BUT bringing back Bishop and having him rebuild an evil Gideon definitely gave some major hints as to how the evil Waverider came to be. 

Jax! Stein! Snart! Ray! Nora! Rip! I loved all their cameos. Would I have loved even more of their scenes? Sure. But do I recognize that it was likely difficult to get them all for the filming of this episode? Yes, which is why I'm happy with what we got. And I did like that they still somewhat included Rory in one of the scenes with a body double, since they couldn't get back Dominic.

Also, letting Franz use his regular accent (and only slipping back into the American one for a brief flashback) was a great choice. It added something funny to the first scene with him and it's so typically Legends that Gideon would imagine Jax with a British accent. And it added a particularly funny moment from Astra when Rip showed up ("Another Brit?").

Having Spooner and Astra also get to see the old Legends before they joined the team was an excellent choice. Their confusion at season 1 Sara and the dysfunctional team was great to see. Although they definitely went a bit overboard with it (I think season 1 Legends still was more toned down than the outright trying to kill each other they did here), I get what their point was to do that.

I loved the little Rip/Gideon scenes that we got. They were the OG team, and I remember loving their scenes back when Amy DID do a guest spot in Rip's mind. Of course, it wouldn't be Rip without doing something shady, BUT I think he did it for the right reasons. He meant well, even if it could have colossally backfired. 

And that last hallway scene where everyone is giving a pep talk to Gideon? First off, suck it, Barry Allen! Legends did it better! Second off, I definitely shed some tears during it. Especially when you consider each line the characters were saying had some poignancy to their OWN character growth.

Seriously, there are little things I would have changed or added, but overall, a fantastic 100th episode and a nice way to honour the show, and the Legends in general.

• Love 8

I loved seeing the OG team again (minus Hawkman). I'm glad Gideon got her moment to shine, she's an OG too. Her and Sara are the only ones left. 

It was fun to see Astrid and Spooners reaction to Sara before they knew her. I wonder if they will mention that to her. I also hope when they meet up again, Sara immediately recognizes Gideon since she's seen her human form before. 

Rip being shady with all his secret protocols is nothing new. Lol.

I know the writers like to erase all of Sara's personality making Ava her savior. But Sara always treated Gideon like she was one of the team.

I suppose it's easier for Franz to speak in his real accent. So they made Gideon give him a British accent in her memory. When we saw Jax with the team he had his American accent.

Ugh why is Bishop back? I stopped watching last season and was happy to hear he was gone. And now he's back. 

• Love 4

Very enjoyable 100th episode...

Caity Lotz did a great directing job.

Not much of a story. But it didn't matter because I enjoyed seeing the former cast members again. And Gideon (ALP) can really sing. Who knew?

Only downside was the return of Bishop and his Ava clone. Ugh.

• Love 7

It was a nice trip down memory lane. Great seeing all the old Legends again. Jax! Stein! Ray! Cold! Nora! Rip! Even Hawkman was funnier. That said, there really was a lot of deaths on the Waverider, and both Gideon and Sara went through every single one. I didn't feel like we got enough of the old Legends. I would gladly switch out Bishop and Ava clone for more of the old Legends. BTW, I thought we were done with the Ava clones, but nope, we get more Ava clones this season.

I did like all the callbacks too. Like when Captain Cold called Hawkman "big bird" to Sara, and Sara called Kendra that later in S1. And Sara used Gideon's "I'll throw you out the airlock" threat to Ray and Nate when they were messing around in S2. It was nice to see the old Sara when she wasn't attached to Ava at the hips. Though I didn't remember her being that angry and fighting the team so much in S1. I thought she usually stayed out of it and played more of an observer's role back then. And isn't the karaoke song the same one that was playing at the bar when Sara asked Cold to dance, then went on to kick the ass of men twice her size?

I liked the focus on Gideon. And she's a good singer! I felt sad when she said she didn't want to forget right before Bishop erased her memories. So is she the one that bombed the Legends' waverider?

Too bad there wasn't much of OG Sara since Caity had to direct. She did a very good job of it, the hallway scene was touching. But I would actually rather have more of the OG character on the show's 100th milestone episode than behind the scenes. Wished Sara could have more interactions with Stein, Jax and Cold.

I thought it was a nice touch having Memory!Sara welcome Gideon to the team, partly because Sara wasn't involved in the recruitment of half the current Legends, and partly because Sara has the longest history with Gideon.

I kinda hope this season's big bad isn't Bishop again, because been there, done that. And I really wish we're done with the Ava clones.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lurker22 said:

And isn't the karaoke song the same one that was playing at the bar when Sara asked Cold to dance, then went on to kick the ass of men twice her size?

Yes, that was the song! I think that might have actually been my favorite scene of this episode. 

• Love 1

Legends of Tomorrow makes to the 100th episode milestone!  Still can't believe that the show that started out with a bunch of Arrowverse "rejects" and sidekicks has not only made it this far but is actually one of the stronger ones out there.

Astra and Spooner going into Gideon's "brain" to get her out of a coma was a good way to both include the newbie/current cast members, but still find a way to bring back some familiar faces from the past!  Impressed how many they were able to get, and the only major hold-outs were apparently Dominic Purcell, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, and Ciara Renee (Kendra/Hawkgirl.)  Oh, and Keiynan Lonsdale since Wally was briefly a Legend for a time.  I also guess Matt Ryan wasn't available either to put back on the trench coat one last time.  Still, so many cameos!  Martin Stein!  Snart!!  Beebo!  Rip!  Ray!!!  Nora!  Hell, even Hawkman and he manages to be a little more fun than his initial season, although it did feel like had a bit of a personality shift here and he came off more like Thor this go around.  Also a lot of Jackson, so I guess Franz Drameh had the more open availability out of everyone.  Definitely think Jax's British accent was just an excuse for Franz to use his normal speaking voice which I'm fine with.  But I thought they were all used well here and it was nice to see them all again, even if reminded me how much I miss some of them (especially Ray.)

After getting only a few scenes every now and then of her on camera presence throughout the years, I am so glad that Amy Louise Pemberton is now getting to step up in front of the camera now for good (?), and is truly shining.  She really captures Human Gideon's vulnerability and doubts well and made it easy to route for her to truly embrace being one of the Legends.  I can't wait to see more of her with the rest of the cast and hopefully this will be a permeant thing.  She was equally great and menacing as Virus Gideon as well.

Wished we got more of early season Sara, but the moments we got were still fun.  Plus, Caity Lotz was busy with the whole directing thing!

I laughed for a good full minute over Gary's comment about when eating people, you should start with the limbs.  Mainly due to Nate/Nick Zano's reaction to that line.

Name a stronger love than OG Zari and her donuts!

I can not only see Constantine watching the Harry Potter films (and reading the books), but probably also gripping about the inaccuracies as well.  He probably is House Slytherin.

Only real negative is the return of Bishop and the likely chance of him being the big baddie again.  Nothing again Raffi Barsoumian who is good enough here (and, again, if Tala Ashe likes him enough to be with him, he's clearly got a lot going for him!), but I just don't find him to be an interesting character.  At least he isn't Vandal Savage...

Happy 100th, Legends!  

• Love 3

I'm still not entirely sure that Bishop's 'rebooted' Gideon was tonight's virus. How was the Waverider's system infected with that virus? Well, if they were the same that threat has been neutralized by the power of friendship.

By the end of the show, I was expecting the virtual Waverider in Gideon's head to be the one that blew the real Waverider up (no, that doesn't make any sense ... why do you ask? ).

I actually cried when Martin Stein made his entrance. I love this show more than any show I have ever loved (except Xena Warrior Princess. I have a Xena tattoo so what would you expect?) One thing though, they really really really need to give us BEEBO DOLLS (or action figures, whatever floats ya boat).

• Love 6

Happy 100th episode Legends! Who would have thought that the spin-off made up of randos and bad guys scavenged from around the Arrowverse which got off to a rather rocky start would emerge as one of my favorite shows on television and make it to the 100th episode millstone? I thought this was one of the best 100th episodes of the Arrowverse, it really did feel like a celebration of the show, especially being able to get so many of the actors back, which could not have been easy. It was pretty obvious who they couldn't get, especially using so much of Hawkman, who was with the team for about three second, instead of Kendra the Barista who was a much bigger part of season one, but they did very impressively get much of the (very large) cast back. It was a nice trip down memory lame and focusing on Gideon was a good idea, she's the original Legend after all, she was on the mission even before Sara, and now its just the two of them from the original team.

I too was yelling names as each person showed up, I forgot how much I missed the OG Legends. I probably made my cat jump yelling "Ray! Nora! Jax! Stein! Rip! SNART!" over and over, it was so great to see so much of the old cast again. The call backs were all great, Ray mentioning how he was the CEO of a major company, the "big bird" crack, Stein being super excited about his grandson while Ray is sad about his little alien buddy, drunk book club, it really rewarded the fans who have been watching since episode one. I really like that they focused so much on her bond with Rip, who was her first Captain and was very close with, I am not surprised that Rip messed with Gideon to get her to want to look after the Legends, Rip was a good guy but he could be pretty shady and ruthless, even when he does it for the greater good. He always meant well though, I am really glad to see Gideon and Rip again, the original OTP. In general the team could be a lot edgier back in the day, as we saw with angry season one Sara, and even Ray had a more of a temper. Everything got better when they got that chore wheel...

I admit I got teary when they had the montage of everything that has gone wrong, especially several team members dying. Its been years now and I still tear up thinking about Stein's death, it really came back and hit me again. I was waiting for Astra and Spooner to ask what happened to these people, and use that to transition to Gideon having to deal with her grief over seeing her teammates suffering and dying. And in the case of Sara, dying a lot. Amy Louise Pemberton really got a chance to shrine, its great that she is getting so much facetime. 

I did wish to see more of the original cast, it would have been great to see a few more of the characters (although actor availability makes it understandable) and I am sad that most of the cast weren't technically there for the 100th episode, but having Spooner and Astra be the ones exploring Legends past was a good idea, it was fun to look back on the history of the team through the newest members who don't really know most of the OG's and get their reactions to all of their hijinks. I also really liked seeing all of the titles, that was really cool. I know that season one gets a lack of flack, much of it deserved, but I was glad to see so much of it being referenced, there was a lot in that season to like and it shouldn't always be ignored or treated like an embarrassment, even if the show hadn't reached its peak yet. It had my beloved Captain Cold in it, how can I hate that?

Despite the fact that real Ava and Sara weren't even in this episode, the "babe" count was through the roof. Caity did a great job directing. 

The ending was really sweet, especially everyone giving Gideon advice based around their own character development. The only thing I really disliked was the return of Bishop and more Ava clones, I really don't want him to be the Big Bad again, he wasn't even a very good Big Bad the first time around? What is it with CW shows keeping its lame villains around WAY PAST THEIR EXPIRATION DATE?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 9

I have nothing more to add than this:

I love seeing all the old Legends again. Hit me right in the feels and in a way I wasn't expecting at all. Fantastic job directing once again by Caity

• Love 1
On 10/29/2021 at 12:04 PM, tennisgurl said:

What is it with CW shows keeping its lame villains around WAY PAST THEIR EXPIRATION DATE?

That's what I said!😆 Reading through following my post, I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my disdain for Bishop, lol.

• Love 1

So I guess nobody misses Mona, LOL.

I suppose it would've been a little soon to bring Dominic back, but it would've been nice to see Ciara, Keiynan, and Maisie again. Especially the latter, since she was not only a longtime cast member but has returned to direct more than once. Even better if she appeared as Amaya and Charlie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I really wish they had found a way to bring back Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Amaya.  I really miss Amaya, she had such cool powers.  I didn't like Charlie as much as Amaya.

I hated Ciara Renee, she was such a terrible actress so I'm glad she did not return.  I have no feelings about Hawkman, the actor isn't great either but I feel like he got dragged down with Ciara and both were fired for storyline reasons.  It was good to at least see him actually on the team, he was hardly on it during his brief appearance.

I found Mona irritating but if they were going to bring back Hawkman they could have brought Mona back too.

Did not need to see Bishop at all, even if it was the younger Bishop and not the man bun singsonging one.

Since Matt Ryan is still listed in the credits, I would have thought they would have had a scene with John.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:42 PM, bettername2come said:

I'm convinced Jax was British in memory because Franz Drameh is out of practice in his American accent. I thought regular Jax sounded different. And Victor Garber seems to have aged more than I would've guessed in the last 3-4 years, which makes me a little sad, but at least he sang! And one of Ray's favorites. 

I agree that the one scene of American-accented Jax (the scene where he was with Stein), his American accent sounded different.  I never liked Victor Garber.  I liked him on "Alias" but I never liked the Martin Stein character.  And I always hated his singing.  I agree that he looks like he has aged poorly, he looked every inch the befuddled grandpa.

I've been catching up with Legends recently and I loved the 100th episode.   Definitely one of the best 100th episodes you'll see and it was great to see eeing of the old cast back.  Wish Mick had been there and I wouldn't have minded seeing Hawkgirl.  Having Franz use his real accent was a fun Legends touch.

This episode was a reminder of how many Legends have died.  Sara and Gideon have come a long way.

Agreed that Bishop makes a very unwelcome return and should not have gotten this kind of attention on the 100th episode.  Evil Gideon is an intriguing idea thoigh.

On 10/28/2021 at 4:47 PM, thuganomics85 said:

I can not only see Constantine watching the Harry Potter films (and reading the books), but probably also gripping about the inaccuracies as well.  He probably is House Slytherin.

Considering how good this show has been about diversity and LGBT+ issues, I wish they'd picked something else here. I know in the time the joke was set, there wouldn't have been an issue but we know now and a joke about one of their bisexual characters supporting JKR didn't work for me.

On 10/29/2021 at 3:04 PM, tennisgurl said:

while Ray is sad about his little alien buddy

I loved that mention so much. Poor Ray.

On 10/29/2021 at 3:04 PM, tennisgurl said:

Its been years now and I still tear up thinking about Stein's death, it really came back and hit me again

As soon as he mentioned his grandson, I started tearing up, knowing how soon his death was after the birth. I hated Victor Garbor choosing to leave but the show gave him an amazing send off.

On 10/31/2021 at 10:53 PM, PhoneCop said:

Even better if she appeared as Amaya and Charlie.

It would have been fun for Spooner and Astra to meet Amaya. They both joined the crew after she'd left and have only met Charlie.

On 11/1/2021 at 11:03 AM, blackwing said:

I hated Ciara Renee, she was such a terrible actress so I'm glad she did not return.  I have no feelings about Hawkman, the actor isn't great either but I feel like he got dragged down with Ciara and both were fired for storyline reasons.  It was good to at least see him actually on the team, he was hardly on it during his brief appearance.

I was not happy to see Hawkman. He was just so creepy and gaslight-y about Hawkgirl not being able to be with anyone but him. I spent a lot of season one hoping he'd be proven wrong and was extremely disappointed when she caved and recognized their epic love. 

• Love 1