Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E12: Is There Someone Else?

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

The women who don't wear makeup are the ones who think, "This is what I look like.  Deal."  You know, like men do.  Like I wish women could.

I haven’t worn makeup for decades and never really wore it throughout my life, except for a very special occasion. People already knew what I looked like, so I didn’t understand the point of it all. I never dyed my hair either; I say I earned every single gray hair and wrinkle. 

If Brett does anything with regard to her appearance, first and foremost should be to ditch the Kool-Aid red hair dye. It’s not a good look.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Brett did need makeup.

Not according to Ryan. On their wedding night after Brett washed her face, Ryan said she looked better.

Nobody is saying it has to be Europe.

Nobody but Rachel LOL

23 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

If Brett does anything with regard to her appearance, first and foremost should be to ditch the Kool-Aid red hair dye. It’s not a good look.

Oddly, I thought that at first, but the more I see her, the more I think she's really pulling it off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

He owns 2 houses but cannot afford a trip to Europe?

Maybe he's paying two mortgages? Either way, a European vacation is Rachel's priority, not Jose's. They can find a way to be economically prudent and see new places.

• Love 2

If Brett does anything with regard to her appearance, first and foremost should be to ditch the Kool-Aid red hair dye. It’s not a good look.

I don't love that look either. I think she would look much better with something closer to what I think her natural color might be - a pretty brown with some highlights. 

Other than the wedding day, she doesn't seem to wear a lot of makeup and I think it suits her. 

• Love 1
On 10/7/2021 at 9:15 PM, gingerandcloves said:

Johnny thinks he's a snack, and Bao is so lucky to have him as a husband. What a colossal jerk. She doesn't owe him anything beyond giving it a good effort, and he has the nerve to criticize and nitpick every gesture she's made. He is so unbelievably selfish and immature. Marriage is all about give-and-take. You have to overlook some of the minor things for the sake of the greater good. I can't imagine Johnny sacrificing any of his own comforts or desires - it's like everyone must cater to him and be grateful for the opportunity to do so. And the way he goes from calm to angry in 60 seconds is freaking scary. 

Ryan - yes, we get it, you aren't attracted to Brett. OK, fine. But why does he think he deserves a gorgeous model type? What exactly does he bring to the table besides, I dunno, a decent paycheck, and a muscular body? He's not great-looking, his personality kinda sucks, he's not wealthy, doesn't seem to have interesting hobbies, doesn't seem to want to travel or have fun experiences...I really don't know where he gets this inflated sense of self from. He needs to be honest with Brett so she can cut her losses and move on. I don't think she's going to be as heartbroken as Ryan thinks she is.

Can I just say how funny it is that Myrla, the anti-dog person, wants a dog of her own now? I guess Hype won her over.

Does Ryan deserve somebody with basic hygiene?  I mean, her dirty underwear was kinda just strewn out there. I've been to frat houses after parties that were not like that.

1 hour ago, Gator Stud said:

Does Ryan deserve somebody with basic hygiene?  I mean, her dirty underwear was kinda just strewn out there. I've been to frat houses after parties that were not like that.

Well, no. The underwear was in the bathroom. And at least it implies that Brett changes hers! Haha! 

Seriously? Ryan's stone-faced rejection and her dog's death have taken a psychological toll on Brett. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 6
On 10/7/2021 at 9:09 AM, Lindz said:

Gil not making a shake for his wife when she asked was whack as hell. Like. Very rude. I don't like that. Why not be kind? I think that definitely cost him some points. Jerk.

Why does him not treating her as a princess mean that it’s rude. I don’t get it.

11 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

He owns 2 houses but cannot afford a trip to Europe? Look, I lived in TX for 10 years.  New Orleans gets boring after the 2nd trip.  So does Galveston. Anything not to spend money. Why are you supporting a cheap jerk?  He can afford it.  He just doesnt want to spend the money on her.

He “owns” two houses with the bank. He doesn’t “own” the houses and have lots of extra money because he owns houses.  houses cost money.  not just mortgages but upkeep.  Taking out new credit cards to go on vacation does not lead to owning (even with the bank) real estate.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think it's acceptable when the messenger is relaying his own message. 

Well, see, I'd say "Bring your self." 

You've never even seen me!  Is there any woman who thinks, "I'm so beautiful I don't ever need to wear makeup."  The women who don't wear makeup are the ones who think, "This is what I look like.  Deal."  You know, like men do.  Like I wish women could.

My late mother never thought she was beautiful (she was), but she also never wore foundation. Even after decades of golfing without sunscreen, at age 91 she got compliments on her unlined face. Myrla has the right idea, Peeps! 

However, on MAFS, for many it's like a bridal bait-and-switch! Professionally made up for the wedding ceremony---you know, for that all-important First Impression---and then the bedtime reveal. 

Some grooms are gonna want to raise their hands and say, "Check, please!"

Now, is that fair, when the men aren't wearing make-up? (So far as we know, heh.) 

I blame Cleopatra. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1

My late mother never thought she was beautiful (she was), but she also never wore foundation. Even after decades of golfing without sunscreen, at age 91 she got compliments on her unlined face. Myrla has the right idea, Peeps! 

That sounds like fantastic luck and/or excellent genetics. Sunscreen, everyone, please, every day. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Why does him not treating her as a princess mean that it’s rude. I don’t get it.

He “owns” two houses with the bank. He doesn’t “own” the houses and have lots of extra money because he owns houses.  houses cost money.  not just mortgages but upkeep.  Taking out new credit cards to go on vacation does not lead to owning (even with the bank) real estate.

He's bragged since the very beginning, on the show where they make their picks who is going to be matched, and many times since then that he owns those houses free and clear and no bank is involved. He's just being a turd about letting Rachel make a decision about going to Europe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/8/2021 at 11:53 AM, Spectator said:

I got to thinking, even though Brett’s messiness is an understandable issue for Ryan, I think it was pretty uncool of him to take their personal handheld camera into “her” bathroom when she wasn’t around to film (and narrate) the video of her mess. It seems like such an invasion of her personal space, especially knowing that that footage could be aired on TV for everyone to see. If he cared about his wife the way he claims, he would never have put her in such an embarrassing position. It’s just mean. Not. Cool.

If he had not done that we just would have seen the good edit and not the truth.  I

On 10/8/2021 at 3:09 PM, Elizzikra said:

I just don't see that. If George Clooney was leaving his dirty laundry all over my house, I'd do dishes with a smile too. Attractive people are attractive. There is no shame in finding them attractive. 

I just don't see all the vitriol against Ryan. I think he's a decent looking guy with a good job, a slightly dry sense of humor, a reasonable intellect and a pretty kind heart. He's just not into Brett. That doesn't make him "trash" or a bad person. It just makes him a person who isn't attracted to Brett.

I didnt like Ryan at first, but now think he is ok. You cant force attraction.  Also, people tolerate a lot of shit from attractive people, that they wont tolerate from average looking people.  Thats just the way the world works. I totally get why Ryan is not attracted to her after seeing her bathroom. It was nasty.  That doesnt make Brett a bad person, she just needs to Marie Kondo her apartment. I dont think anybody on the show is a bad person.  They just need alot of therapy because they are fucked up in the head. Johnny has daddy/anger issues.  Jose has spending/anger issues. Michaela has abandonment/anger issues.  Brett has insecurity/low self esteem/anxiety issues. Thats why I think her house is a mess. Bao has insecurity/need to please issues. The rest seem ok. I used to like Johnny, but he turned out to be an asshole.

• Love 2
On 10/8/2021 at 4:54 PM, kristen111 said:

I think the sloppiness may be a ploy from production.  If she knows she’ll be on tv, why would she leave clothes all over the place, and an unkept bathroom?  Actually, there was nothing wrong with her.  Maybe they had to make something up.  If he’s so fussy, he shouldn’t have gone on this show.  Maybe Hooters would have been better, as he’s into looks.

Hooter girls are average. They would not be good enough for him.  Also, VS models have changed over the last 2 years.  They are doing non-traditional looks now.  So they would not be good enough for him either. 

• Love 1
On 10/9/2021 at 4:49 PM, Kira53 said:

Specially since she’s this age and not married she may not marry and really need her finances to be in place. She could attend the Astro games with Jose they are local. She could invest in finishing her masters during the summer so that she would earn more but I don’t think that’s on her mind at all.

Why should she work more?  Why does she need to earn more?  Why cant she just have a good time traveling after she is done teaching for the year? Why do people want to force Rachael to work during the summer.  When I used to teach, people use to tell me this whenever I told them I was traveling for a few months.

• Love 3
On 10/9/2021 at 5:31 PM, KateHearts said:

I can't decide if Myrla and Gil are just acting for good TV or if there is something there. They both seem to be acting like they are in on a private joke.

I think they know something about Gil's future that we dont know.  Like she somehow knows that he is going to make more money soon in the future. 

• Useful 2

I think the main reason people are suggesting that Rachel work is that she said she gets bored and nasty during the summer when she isn't working. Maybe she meant bored and nasty when she isn't getting what she wants - which is to travel? I still don't think there would be anything wrong with her taking a trip with someone who isn't "her husband" someplace he has made clear he does not want to go.

(And I am sure they get bonus money every time they refer to their spouses as husband/wife and NEVER use their names. Too weird.)

• Love 5

It seems too many MAFSers don't get WHY they signed up and were chosen.

That is to say, they simply don't grasp that they have personal short-comings significant  enough to have stymied their love lives and which now demand introspection and resultant change in their behaviors and their ways of thinking about themselves and about others. 

What introspection and behavioral changes have we observed with Ryan? Jose? Johnny? Gil? Zack? 

Ryan wants Brett to join in his favorite activities and to look (and live) his preferred way. 

Jose wants Rachel to agree to his budget, and he has given no indication of flexibility in either spending or in being in charge. 

Johnny wants Bao to read his mind, cater to his wants at all times of day and night. 

Gil wants Myrla to be less "bougie" and more affectionate to match his outlook. 

Zack wants Michaela to be less volatile to suit his need for calm.

Now, some of what each man wants might be reasonable, desirable, and/or preferable. 

My point remains. 

• Love 5
On 10/10/2021 at 8:33 AM, mythoughtis said:

She doesn’t have to work.  But she also can accept that she doesn’t have to travel extensively  to Europe and spend money she doesn’t have.

What's the issue with teachers going to Europe? Why cant they take a 2 week vacations together?  Why cant they take one vacation in Europe and another in the States? Its weird how Americans expect people to work all of the time.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

You've never even seen me!  Is there any woman who thinks, "I'm so beautiful I don't ever need to wear makeup."  The women who don't wear makeup are the ones who think, "This is what I look like.  Deal."  You know, like men do.  Like I wish women could.

I'm just joking with you.  I'm just a fan of bringing your best. Well Ryan is "Dealing" with Brett not trying to bring her best. Once Ryan lied to her and told her that he prefers her without makeup, that all she seemed to do.  It was a bad move on both their parts.  Another thing, guy are looking at the other brides too, and comparing them against their own wife.  If everybody else looks great, but their wife looks washed out, then they are going to be thinking about that. This actually happened in Australia MAFS. I would point to Ashley from a different season.  She didnt have the VS model look that Ryan wanted, but she brought her best. 

21 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Maybe not traveling is part of how he can afford two houses?

Why would you never travel but own 2 houses? You have money to never use it to enjoy life?

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Maybe he's paying two mortgages? Either way, a European vacation is Rachel's priority, not Jose's. They can find a way to be economically prudent and see new places.

So he is paying 2 mortgages but not enjoying life outside of your backyard BBQ pit? I am still trying to understand this. He owns two houses but wont go to Europe? What is the logic behind this.  What if he owned 5 houses? He still would be forcing Rachael to stay at Motel 6 off the highway.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Going into larger debt to own 2 houses so you can never take a vacation doesnt sound good either.  What is the point of having money if you are locked down in your home and cannot enjoy it? What if he only owed 1 home and put the other home into the stock market?  That requires no upkeep and the returns are 30% higher.  The extra 30% could pay for vacations, and Jose wouldnt ever be paranoid that a bank would take his house.  He could enjoy his money.  At this point I think the only reason why he has 2 houses is so he can tell everybody he has 2 houses.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Gator Stud said:

Why would you never travel but own 2 houses? You have money to never use it to enjoy life?

People have different priorities. Rachel doesn't own a home and she has debt from traveling. Jose owns two homes and doesn't travel. I can think of a hundred reasons that Jose would prefer property ownership over travel, the first and most obvious being that maybe he doesn't like to travel. I'm sure Jose enjoys the world in his own way and perhaps as he gets older, he will get to a point where he is more secure in his financial future and can loosen up on his discretionary spending. 

Its weird how Americans expect people to work all of the time.

I can't speak for all Americans but most of the ones I know (including me and my spouse) only get a set amount of vacation time each year. We are both pretty senior in our careers and our companies so we get fairly generous leave but it's common for people to get only about two weeks of vacation, plus maybe 10 Federal holidays scattered throughout the year and a week or two of sick leave. If you are going to have a baby or need to be out for some sort of extended medical leave, you have to save up your vacation and sick time to cover the time you will be out; few employers offer paid maternity leave. Oh, and all of that is if you are lucky enough to have a job that offers paid leave. A lot of jobs don't. Teaching is one of only a few professions I can think of where employees have a big chunk of time off in the summer and as others have mentioned, teachers often work a second job during that time (as our teachers in the US are not well paid and many need the additional income) or they use the time for required certifications and trainings, continuing their education, etc. 

What if he only owed 1 home and put the other home into the stock market?  That requires no upkeep and the returns are 30% higher.  The extra 30% could pay for vacations, and Jose wouldnt ever be paranoid that a bank would take his house.  He could enjoy his money. 

The stock market can be volatile, especially in the short term. Jose would just end up paranoid about a stock market crash and checking his stocks a hundred times a day.

There is no evidence that Jose doesn't enjoy his money - he just enjoys it in a different way than you would enjoy your money. He dresses nicely; he seems to enjoy good food. He likes financial security. There is no reason for him to do anything different if he's happy and I don't see any evidence that he's not happy.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

However, on MAFS, for many it's like a bridal bait-and-switch! Professionally made up for the wedding ceremony---you know, for that all-important First Impression---and then the bedtime reveal. 

Now, is that fair, when the men aren't wearing make-up? (So far as we know, heh.) 

100%.  This was the point I was trying to make.  I thought Jose and Zack were wearing makeup. I thought at one point Johnny was wearing lipstick or lip balm.

• Love 1

Johnny has daddy/anger issues.  Jose has spending/anger issues. Michaela has abandonment/anger issues.  Brett has insecurity/low self esteem/anxiety issues.

Nailed it!

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

People have different priorities. Rachel doesn't own a home and she has debt from traveling. Jose owns two homes and doesn't travel. I can think of a hundred reasons that Jose would prefer property ownership over travel, the first and most obvious being that maybe he doesn't like to travel. I'm sure Jose enjoys the world in his own way and perhaps as he gets older, he will get to a point where he is more secure in his financial future and can loosen up on his discretionary spending. 

I can't speak for all Americans but most of the ones I know (including me and my spouse) only get a set amount of vacation time each year. We are both pretty senior in our careers and our companies so we get fairly generous leave but it's common for people to get only about two weeks of vacation, plus maybe 10 Federal holidays scattered throughout the year and a week or two of sick leave. If you are going to have a baby or need to be out for some sort of extended medical leave, you have to save up your vacation and sick time to cover the time you will be out; few employers offer paid maternity leave. Oh, and all of that is if you are lucky enough to have a job that offers paid leave. A lot of jobs don't. Teaching is one of only a few professions I can think of where employees have a big chunk of time off in the summer and as others have mentioned, teachers often work a second job during that time (as our teachers in the US are not well paid and many need the additional income) or they use the time for required certifications and trainings, continuing their education, etc. 

The stock market can be volatile, especially in the short term. Jose would just end up paranoid about a stock market crash and checking his stocks a hundred times a day.

There is no evidence that Jose doesn't enjoy his money - he just enjoys it in a different way than you would enjoy your money. He dresses nicely; he seems to enjoy good food. He likes financial security. There is no reason for him to do anything different if he's happy and I don't see any evidence that he's not happy.

He is raging on Rachael and locking her out of the house.  Where have I ever seen him spend money.  Even Gil was seen wearing Gucci? You can both enjoy life and enjoy financial security. You dont have to pick- especially when you are single. Its almost like Americans have been brainwashed.

2 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Once Ryan lied to her and told her that he prefers her without makeup

Why is it assumed he was lying? A better lie would be "You look fine without makeup", not "I prefer you without makeup."

Where have I ever seen him spend money.

Where have we actually seen any of them spend money?

• Love 2

She didnt have the VS model look that Ryan wanted, but she brought her best. 

I don't think VS model looking women are lining up to get on MAFS.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I blame Cleopatra. 

Something struck me about what Ryan and Johnny said...

Ryan said that he hoped to eventually fall in love with Brett, even though she was not his usual type. He then goes on to says that he actually likes her less now than when he first met her.

I actually think he was not feeling her after the plane freak out, though we never got to see what happened.

Johnny's family rightly pointed out how happy he seemed on his wedding day. He said something to the effect of ( I can't quite remember) that the first day was perfect and it has been downhill since that day.

If I had to guess I would say that it is something in these women's personalities that are turning these guy off, though Johnny might have some real commitment issues where no women might ever be good enough for him.

I would tell both Bao and Brett to cut their losses and run.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, ByTor said:

yeah, we only see what the producers want us to see and, since they spend so much time showing repeated information, there just isn't a lot of time to see what they are doing

• Love 2
On 10/9/2021 at 9:05 AM, Gator Stud said:

Its a million degree in Houston in the summer.  When I lived there, I wouldnt go outdoor in the summer unless it was after the sun went down- 6ish. Its so hot there that they have a underground air conditioned tunnel connecting all of the building downtown so you dont have to walk outside.  

Those of us who are still living here COMPLETELY agree.  We get 2-3 weeks of Fall. Two to 3 weeks of Spring.  Two months of Winter.  Then Summer (heat) kicks in in mid April.  And remains until late October.

Not even kids want to participate in outside activities during the Houston summers.

Edited by Sycophant4Lease
  • Love 2

He is raging on Rachael and locking her out of the house.  Where have I ever seen him spend money.  Even Gil was seen wearing Gucci? You can both enjoy life and enjoy financial security. You dont have to pick- especially when you are single. Its almost like Americans have been brainwashed.

He was an ass to Rachel but that fight didn’t have anything to do with spending money. I really don’t see the evidence for the “Americans are brainwashed” conclusion. Jose seems perfectly content with how he spends money. He has a nice wardrobe, if not obviously designer. He is happy owning real estate. We have seen him eating steak and lobster so he doesn’t deprive himself of good food. What evidence is there that his frugality is preventing him from enjoying life his way???

• Love 7

He is raging on Rachael and locking her out of the house. 

Say no more!!  Whatever other traits, characteristics or behaviors Jose may have pale into comparison to his RAGING!  

Can we only IMAGINE the scenes that would occur if or when Rachel deviates from Jose's proscribed spending limits on her???  Can we only IMAGINE his meltdowns if she's a bit late returning from a social engagement with a friend???

Zach is in the same boat with Michaela.  Both Jose and Michaela are not marriage material as things stand now.  Neither is Johnny.

Ryan would probably be compatible with a mate who appeals to him sensually.

That leaves Gil and Myrla.  The jury is still out on them.

Edited by pdlinda
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

He was an ass to Rachel but that fight didn’t have anything to do with spending money. I really don’t see the evidence for the “Americans are brainwashed” conclusion. Jose seems perfectly content with how he spends money. He has a nice wardrobe, if not obviously designer. He is happy owning real estate. We have seen him eating steak and lobster so he doesn’t deprive himself of good food. What evidence is there that his frugality is preventing him from enjoying life his way???

Yeah, some people just don’t like to travel. I love to travel, but some people don’t. Jose apparently doesn’t care if he sees Europe. I don’t think that’s about being cheap, I think that’s about his interests.

6 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

Ryan would probably be compatible with a mate who appeals to him sensually.

I think Ryan would be more forgiving of someone he was attracted to (he said as much), but I also think he’d be more attracted to someone he had more in common with, even if she wasn’t exactly his physical type. He and Brett don’t have much in common. I think if Brett were aligned with him politically, liked to hunt, and already knew how to two-step, they’d be in better shape. I think as he’s getting to know her, he’s realizing how dissimilar they are.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 7

I know we don't know how much time they actually spend together without the cameras, but Ryan has mentioned Brett's anxiety (in addition to the plane incident, which we never saw). Just from what we did see, if she is that anxious about other things, I can see where he would just be done with the whole mess. I feel so sorry for her because I think she appears to be a kind and loving woman and I wish she could find real love.

I have really grown to like her, and I also like Ryan. Just more bad matching between two decent people.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Why is it assumed he was lying? A better lie would be "You look fine without makeup", not "I prefer you without makeup."

Ryan---Because he hasn't looked at Brett since.

Spend money---Myrla's possessions are evidence. Otherwise, the show provides. 

18 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Why does he have two houses?  So he can charge double rent? and make a profit to add to his bank account?  I don’t care for him anymore as he’s got a hot temper and seems cheap.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

These girls are up there in age.  I haven’t heard one mention having kids, but they want vacations and designer clothes.  Guess they don’t want a family.  What do the guys say about that?  Anything?

29 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Why does he have two houses?  So he can charge double rent? and make a profit to add to his bank account?  

I mean … probably? I don’t remember if he rents one out (if he doesn’t, that would be strange to me. Even if there’s no mortgage, having a house sitting empty in the city you live in - so not a vacation house - not generating income would be odd), but if he does, good for him. Lots of people have income property, and having more than one source of income is never a bad idea. I don’t like Jose for many reasons but financial stability is important. He has clearly structured his life according to that priority.

26 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I haven’t heard one [woman] mention having kids

Michaela asked Zach if he wanted kids literally at the altar immediately after meeting Zach. She said it in response to him introducing himself. “Oh, your name is Zach. OK, do you want kids?” Myrla mentioned kids too.

• Love 1

And I am sure they get bonus money every time they refer to their spouses as husband/wife and NEVER use their names. 

Cool. Rachel can use that to get her ass to Switzerland. Heads up, Rachel, find a way to take the trips you want while you can. At the same time, that doesn't mean deep credit card debt, no equity and no serious plan for your financial future. P.S., your husband is a rigid raging asshole. Run.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Why does he have two houses?  So he can charge double rent? and make a profit to add to his bank account?  I don’t care for him anymore as he’s got a hot temper and seems cheap.

I assume he lives in one and rents the other for rental income. I don’t see why that’s a bad thing???

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I assume he lives in one and rents the other for rental income. I don’t see why that’s a bad thing???

Yeah, Jose sucks for many reasons but him having an income property isn’t one of them, IMO. If we find out he’s a slumlord I’ll change my tune, but we don’t know that - and given how put off he was by a little clutter at Rachel’s, I’d guess he keeps his property in good shape.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't want the headache of being a landlord, but plenty of people are fine with it.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think the main reason people are suggesting that Rachel work is that she said she gets bored and nasty during the summer when she isn't working. 

This, plus Rachel mentioned having debt and not managing her finances well. It might be possible for her to budget/make financial choices that allow her to reduce her debt and travel overseas vacation on a teacher salary without taking on a second job. Travel hacking is an option. Saving a little each month is an option. Taking students on tours to Europe like one of my friends does is an option.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't want the headache of being a landlord, but plenty of people are fine with it.

I did it for a couple months with excellent tenants and that was enough to convince me that I didn't want to do it any longer.

Yeah, Jose sucks for many reasons but him having an income property isn’t one of them, IMO. If we find out he’s a slumlord I’ll change my tune, but we don’t know that - and given how put off he was by a little clutter at Rachel’s, I’d guess he keeps his property in good shape.

Jose is fussy, which alone is enough to make me think he keeps up his houses, but he also would want a rental property to maintain its value so I imagine he keeps everything clean and in working order.

• Love 2
On 10/11/2021 at 5:58 PM, Gator Stud said:

Eh. It doesn't mean she has hygiene issues. She just may not be a tidy person. If Ryan has an issue with her messiness he could certainly bring it up to her. If it really bothers him, he could take care of it himself. Of course, if I were married to Ryan, I'd probably be too depressed to make an effort since nothing seems to please him anyway.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

I did it for a couple months with excellent tenants and that was enough to convince me that I didn't want to do it any longer.

Good for you for trying & coming out unscathed, now you'll have no "maybe I should have" regrets 😊 

There is PLENTY to criticize Jose for, collecting rent, IMO, is not one of them.

3 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

It doesn't mean she has hygiene issues. She just may not be a tidy person.

Knowing these reality shows, I wouldn't be surprised if she threw dirty things on the floor, ran to answer her phone, and came right back & picked them up and put them in the hamper. But what we got to see was the mess on the floor.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

The same logic applies to Rachel and "enjoying life [her] way."

You know, I can't figure out why Brett would fall for Ryan! His entire lifestyle and set of beliefs are on their face incompatible with hers.

He has not shown any liveliness or personality. Even kayaking, where was Ryan's joy? And he wasn't so much encouraging Brett to ignore the 900-pound animal capable of tipping her over as he was admonishing. No "I've got you, just focus on me." 

Did we see Ryan offer to teach Brett that Country dance? 

There's only one husband who wants to stay married and who shows it by his smiles; his offerings; his never seeking to be away from his wife, not in a separate room, not in a separate dwelling; his willingness to communicate.

Gil. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3