Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E12: Is There Someone Else?

• Start Topic

Just now, Kiss my mutt said:

Oh no, Ryan’s dog ate Brett’s condolence flowers, but he or she? looked so cute with that yellow face. 
Now we talk…

That made me laugh out loud. Our cat does that and ends up with a yellow face.

• LOL 3

Brett:  He's already told you in so many words that he doesn't want to be with you.  What more do you need to hear?   

Ryan needs Johnny as his hype man because he's tell her straight up that Ryan isn't feeling her.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I think it’s funny what Rachel just said.  She’ll be home all summer while he works.  She will flip out and be bored staying in the house.  So, another words, she wants to go traveling while off for the summer.  How will that work out if he’s working?  If that’s the case, she’ll have to go alone or get a divorce.  No?  This is a hard one.  It’s like an ultimatum.

So find something to do.  Take a class, find a hobby, volunteer. 
She said she’s never had a relationship in the summer.  I thought she had previously said she’d dated someone for 8 years? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9

Brett:  He's already told you in so many words that he doesn't want to be with you.  What more do you need to hear?   

I wondered that too. I mean, does she really need him to say "I don't think you're pretty" or "I'm just not physically/sexually attracted to you?"

Johnny is splitting hairs and too busy trying to keep track of who does what. He's a mess. He's the one who leaves all the time but now he's bitching that they don't have enough time together. "Meal prep" doesn't count because they "cook together" and he doesn't appreciate her doing his laundry because he is capable of doing it himself. Why can't he just appreciate when someone does something nice for him?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 16
28 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Pastor Cal has Johnny's number.  There is someone else.  Johnny took too long to deny it 

And his spontaneous "I'm caught!" grin! OMG. But take heart, Bao; "someone else" is most likely a flirty schoolgirl....in one of Johnny's comics!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

So find something to do.  Take a class, find a hobby, volunteer. 
She said she’s never had a relationship in the summer.  I thought she had previously said she’d dated someone for 8 years? 

She doesn’t want to do those things.  She wants to go to Europe and other countries, and she’s adamant about it.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, kristen111 said:

She doesn’t want to do those things.  She wants to go to Europe and other countries, and she’s adamant about it.

Does Brett have to be hit over the head with a hammer?  He’s telling her he’s not that into her.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Pastor Cal needs to talk to Ryan and Brett, neither one is coming out and saying what needs to be said, that Ryan is not into Brett at all. Ryan needs the Pastor Cal push to say it out loud. 

Yes, and bring up the extreme slobbiness. 

• Love 8

How the heck did Ryan segue to "I need my sleep, and nothing good is gonna come from me not sleeping, in any scenario in life"?

Oh, wait; his brain acted as EDITOR. What Ryan thought he was going to say was, "I need to be attracted to a woman I sleep with, and nothing good is gonna come from me sleeping with you, in any scenario in life."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Johnny is so angry all the fucking time. What is his problem??? He's like a toddler having a tantrum.

He has daddy issues. Remember daddy was not pleased with the MAFS business and refused to go to the wedding which made Johnny cry? Nothing he does pleases his daddy, so he in turn takes it out on his own relationships.

Johnny for some reason didn't like Bao when he met her in college years ago. Something turned him off then and it's sticking with him now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Yes, and bring up the extreme slobbiness. 

Brett's bathroom was beyond! I mean, I live alone, so I can't really talk, ahem, but that's not her situation! She should still be in the "Want To Impress" Stage! 

Or maybe that went down the drain with her wedding-day make-up. 

As for Ryan, yeah, Boi, you don't  fool me, asking a former LIVE-IN honey for "marital advice." More like feelin' out the vibe of a possible re-up. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 7

Oh, good. Previews show a Lyin' Ryan ("I'll  try harder"), a Cryin' Zack, and a Nasty Johnny. 

Can't  wait. 🤪

4 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

That was his sister.  

Bwahahaha! I didn't listen carefully enough! I just heard the "when you lived with me" and ASSUMED! 🤭🤫🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Oh, good. Previews show a Lyin' Ryan ("I'll  try harder"), a Cryin' Zack, and a Nasty Johnny. 

Can't  wait. 🤪

Bwahahaha! I didn't listen carefully enough! I just heard the "when you lived with me" and ASSUMED! 🤭🤫🤣

I think they only identified her with an easily missed caption so totally understandable. 

• Love 4

I feel sorry for Bao.  She can't seem to catch a break.  Given what she went through while growing up and now to hear her husband tell Pastor Cal that he doesn't like her, must be heart wrenching.  I have to give her credit for being so strong and resilient.  If I were in her shoes, that conversation with Pastor Cal would have ended differently.  

I don't know what to make of Gil and Myrla.  Are we to believe that they've never kissed passionately, let alone consummate their marriage, and yet, are looking for a forever home?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brett on a future episode of "Hoarding - Buried Alive".  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Brett and Ryan have flown, kayaked, and did those other challenges, but you know what they haven't done? Played volleyball! She's a frickin' coach!  I mean, Ryan won't be any more attracted, but maybe he can be clobbered! Ha! 

If Myrla is walking Hype and wants a dog of her own, she is saying "Yes." 

Johnny. I'm so sick of his laments. He seeks to be the object of courting, the target of seduction, the pampered, the fussed-over. He is a Feminine Man-Baby who needs a Damsel in Shining Armor.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Actually she said a happy drawer in her bedroom.  

Yes, I think she was saying happy drawer, but the captions were picking up "happy chore."

2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Who was Ryan talking to? Was that an old girlfriend or sister? That was an uncomfortable question she asked about if Brett were a VS model could he put up with things that bother him but that’s what it boils down to and she’s spinning her wheels trying to find ways for them to connect.  I don’t have much hope for him or Johnny.

It was his sister.

2 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Those “bad“ fights aren’t seeming that bad. Not like a fight with Michaela. Who can’t eat after that  if you’re hungry. It’s not the end of the world where you just can’t eat after a bad fight with a long term relationship of 4 to 5 years.  They have been together 33 days!

Nah, he says things that are really hurtful. I wouldn't be able to eat. 

Actually, I wouldn't be having dinner with him because I would have already kicked him to the curb.

2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Oh no, I could not live with someone like Brett who is a slob. I’m with Ryan on the cleanliness thing. 

That was bad. I may not need things to be clean-clean, but I need things to be orderly.

1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Oh no, Ryan’s dog ate Brett’s condolence flowers, but he or she? looked so cute with that yellow face. 
Now we talk…

I kinda hoped she would have said that Ryan bought her a roomful of flowers to make up for it.

3 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

Why are Brett and her friend sitting on those filthy chairs? Gross!

Did you see her bathroom?! Brett doesn't care about filth.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I wondered that too. I mean, does she really need him to say "I don't think you're pretty" or "I'm just not physically/sexually attracted to you?"

Johnny is splitting hairs and too busy trying to keep track of who does what. He's a mess. He's the one who leaves all the time but now he's bitching that they don't have enough time together. "Meal prep" doesn't count because they "cook together" and he doesn't appreciate her doing his laundry because he is capable of doing it himself. Why can't he just appreciate when someone does something nice for him?

Johnny's an asshole

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I know Bao can't help it but she looks and acts like a 12 year old, standing there stirring in that pot.

Well, she said it, not Johnny.

Johnny sucks at the partner.

I think pastor Cal hit it on the nose, when he said he thought Johnny might have someone else.  I also have a feeling that Johnny didn't date Asian women as much as he dated much as he gaited Caucasian women.  He acts like a spoiled Prince.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

I think pastor Cal hit it on the nose, when he said he thought Johnny might have someone else.  I also have a feeling that Johnny didn't date Asian women as much as he dated much as he gaited Caucasian women.  He acts like a spoiled Prince.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Johnny straight up said he doesn’t want Bao. He’s not going to find the perfect woman because no one will be good enough for him. Pastor Cal was right. But if I was Bao I would have left Johnny’s whiny ass. 

I agree. I think Johnny might date non Asian usually -- maybe that's why his dad asked if the girl was Asian. Johnny is spoiled and wants to be "wooed. " lol   Why isn't he doing the wooing??! If someone dates him after this show, she is a masochist.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Johnny's an asshole

You’re much too kind. I think he’s a little bitch. His basic problem is that he hates himself. When he said that ANY woman would be better than Bao, did that include his blow-up doll? He should take his 150% bullshit and shove it. Bao needs to find some self-respect and get rid of that schmuck.

Were Michaela and Zack wearing Covid costumes for Halloween? Because that’s what those things looked like, even down to the spikes. And Michaela’s epiphany about how to behave when she’s angry is not going to stand the test of time. She’ll revert to her old self as soon as Zack stops walking on eggshells with her. Her crazy forced laughter hurts my ears. His goal is to get out of this with his life.

Jose turns me off completely. I find him growing more and more unattractive as the weeks plod on. Rachel looked like she couldn’t believe he was talking about a Texas car trip. That sounds terrible interesting. Really, dude?

Brett knows what’s up and is making Ryan squirm. Ryan, you haven’t found a Victoria Secret model who’s interested in a future with you thus far and you probably never will, so maybe you need to lower your standards a tad. And just for yucks, why hasn’t that dog been trained not to go onto tables? No dog I’ve ever owned would do that because I wouldn’t allow it. 

Speaking of dogs, I was heartened about Myrla warming up to Hype. Hype for the win.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I think it’s funny what Rachel just said.  She’ll be home all summer while he works.  She will flip out and be bored staying in the house.  So, another words, she wants to go traveling while off for the summer.  How will that work out if he’s working?  If that’s the case, she’ll have to go alone or get a divorce.  No?  This is a hard one.  It’s like an ultimatum.

What they need to do is find Rachel several hobbies that she will like and keep her busy during the summer months.

• Love 3

It's happened before, Brett knows exactly how Ryan feels about her, but as she keeps saying, wants to hear him say it. In other words, man up and tell me to my face, dude, why would I let you skulk away? She'll move on--and be better off without him (except for the snarky humor, I don't see anything attractive about him). I can imagine now how some of his exes felt on their ways out. He looks better on paper than irl, eh, experts?

I can't believe it's Zach telling Ryan to talk to his wife. Except for Cal calling Loathsome Johnny a mean boy, I guess the experts are saving themselves for the big one-on-ones I'll want to ff through next week. 

Oh and on Unfiltered, did I see Ryan put his hands up over his face as they showed some clip of him being his obnoxious self? That's right, Ryan, everyone in Texas sees you now.

• Love 8

I've never warmed up to Bao; I have always found her to be a bizarre mix of pretentious and babyish, and I think Johnny is probably at least a little right that she's fake around other people. Her "bol-yon-aze" looked like runny Pad Thai. But after this episode, there's no denying that Johnny is one truly messed-up individual. When he went from zero to Hulk in 2 seconds, did he think that viewers would agree with his rage? Did he realize cameras were still there? He's scary and weird. I can't decide if Bao is delusional, stubborn, or a world-class troll for sticking with him. 

I've never thought they were a match. Asian is not a compatibility trait. But I promise I won't say I told you so. 😁

Ryan is the other page in the Choose Your Own Terrible Adventure book. He's not into his wife, either, but he at least has the decency to torture himself quietly about it. He does need to own up and just say it. It looked like he was gearing up to, and then he veered into "I need my sleep" instead. His tone and cadence changed so much from the stress to the breezy BS excuse, he sounded like a different person. He's not handling this perfectly, and I think Brett deserves to be appreciated, but he's infinitely more self-aware and empathetic than old Bulgy Veins Lam up there.

I completely tune out whenever it's time to watch Zach try to figure out which demon he's speaking to in what used to be the body of a woman named Michaela. The show telegraphed to us from the beginning that they won't make it. Why should I get invested? I know they love to legally bind decent, hopeful people to actual psychopaths just to nab three months of middling ad revenue, but there should at least be some minimum bar to clear in terms of "can't literally meet the diagnostic criteria for histrionic personality disorder" or "highly unlikely to lock someone out of their own home in the middle of the night."

The chilaquiles looked good, but Slow Fuckin Talker Rachel needs to learn to entertain her slow little brain in Houston for part of the summer, just for her own slow sake. It's not exactly the middle of nowhere. I bet they have activities.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Rachel's brain is just fine. Preferring a trip to Europe to taking up a hobby in Houston is a plus in my book! 

Maybe Jose can take his vacation time in the summer and travel overseas with his wife. 🛫

Whom am I kidding? White Board Jo$e would never agree! 🗒🖊

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

I felt for Bao during Unfiltered.  She was visibly distressed and sad while talking about Johnny's nitpicking.  He's a nightmare and I wish she'd just cut her losses and leave.  

Oh do I agree with you.  His ugly comments will change who she is. She will begin to doubt herself even with other partners. I think the way he's treating her and blaming her is despicable.

• Love 13

Rachel should run from Jose. She wants to go to Europe and he wants to drive-through the dried land of Texas. Whoohoo!  He's too controlling and hes too tight. Let go of the purse strings. If he did agree to go to Europe,  he'd be a pain in the ass the whole time. He'd act like he wasn't enjoying it and he'd question EVERY DIME she would want to spend.

I really can't see any of these marriagms lasting.  And I hope they don't. 

Gil and Mryla are the only 2.  I see possibilities with.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Pastor Cal has Johnny's number.  There is someone else.  Johnny took too long to deny it 

Agree. There is someone else.  All he has to do is look in the mirror.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Oh no, I could not live with someone like Brett who is a slob. I’m with Ryan on the cleanliness thing. 

I was shocked!  Surely she knows that is not the way to impress anybody. I’m in no hurry to rescue the clothes from dryer but they are less wrinkly if you do.  Just not that important to me. However, minimal tidyness doesn’t seem like a stretch.  Despite my lackadaisical attitude re dryer- I can’t stand chaos or clutter.  That looked like chaos and I sort of question if it’s really how she lives.  

7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Michaela… what a pile of crap she is  telling her friend.  And her friend is delusional to think Michaela no longer acts out. 

Has she shown anymore acring out?  I’m kind of rooting for her. I think she’s embarrassed about her behavior.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Summer isn’t all that long. Usually workshops, still meetings, credentials to maintain.  I doubt she spends the whole summer traveling.  Must be friends to do local stuff. And when kids, she’ll be busy.  I like her. But boredom doesn’t make sense to me.  Maybe just forewarning she expects summer independence. 

• Love 3

Sometimes things can get messy , But Brett takes it to a whole new level. Yikes.  I wouldn't want to tolerate that.

29 minutes ago, Ms.C. said:

I was shocked!  Surely she knows that is not the way to impress anybody. I’m in no hurry to rescue the clothes from dryer but they are less wrinkly if you do.  Just not that important to me. However, minimal tidyness doesn’t seem like a stretch.  Despite my lackadaisical attitude re dryer- I can’t stand chaos or clutter.  That looked like chaos and I sort of question if it’s really how she lives.  

Has she shown anymore acring out?  I’m kind of rooting for her. I think she’s embarrassed about her behavior.  

We've all seen the future view of her acting like a wild woman. Makayla has rage problems. I would not want to live with that.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Pastor Cal needs to talk to Ryan and Brett, neither one is coming out and saying what needs to be said, that Ryan is not into Brett at all. Ryan needs the Pastor Cal push to say it out loud. 

Maybe next week when they talk to the individuals 1 on 1.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He has daddy issues. Remember daddy was not pleased with the MAFS business and refused to go to the wedding which made Johnny cry? Nothing he does pleases his daddy, so he in turn takes it out on his own relationships.

Johnny for some reason didn't like Bao when he met her in college years ago. Something turned him off then and it's sticking with him now. 

Probably her position as an equal,  assertive, smart woman.  I can see him with a blow-up doll. I’m really tired of him. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Johnny has become his father.  Nothing Bao does pleases Johnny.  Nothing another woman does is going to please Johnny.  Next 100 first dates. What woman wants to take that?  Women don’t wanna be the big spoon. Or anything else that he is looking for. He’s really no prize. He still looking for some kind of fantasy perfect woman. He’s certainly not perfect, so what is he expecting?  Crybaby husband is not attractive. It does appear he has some kind of mood disorder though. 

Edited by Kira53
Spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, antfitz said:

Sometimes things can get messy , But Brett takes it to a whole new level. Yikes.  I wouldn't want to tolerate that.

We've all seen the future view of her acting like a wild woman. Makayla has rage problems. I would not want to live with that.

Future view?  A MAFS preview?  You know by now how producers falsely preview.  I’m hoping they make it obviously. :)

I think Ryan associates his job with getting hot women.  He makes a lot of $$ so women should flock to him.  I think he thinks he is like a professional athlete, where average looking guys end up with wives that are 10’s.   Seems like he just wants eye candy and no substance.

Weird thing is that Brett is a gorgeous girl.  I think if she dyed her hair back to brown and added some highlights he  would find her much more attractive.  He made several comments about the red hair around the wedding.  It’s just too “quirky” for him.  And she could have a good body if she just got a good bra and the right clothes.  I thought she looked pretty in the black outfit.  But I guess either way, Ryan has already checked out.  

Ryan reminds me of Haley last season, he just has zero interest in his spouse and no desire to give it a shot.  Her messiness and personality don’t seem to be helping.  I think she might be getting a great edit so we like her more than he does. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

If Johnny's punk ass has a choice of another woman that would surprise me. I don't think any woman will be in a hurry to date him after this all airs.

Makayla's friend thinks Makayla has matured a lot in the last two weeks. lol!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Why is it Bao’s job to woo Johnny? What’s his job? To stand in the corner and pout?

All I heard from Johnny was me me me, do everything for me. I haven’t heard a word out of him about what he does for Bao. Bao prepped meals for both of them after she was uninvited to the cookout she spent time practicing Mandarin for?! Couldn’t be me. I’d prep what I needed for me and look at him like “your hands work, go make yourself some food.” Actually I’d take my meals back to my apartment because we’d be splitting up.

Ryan needs to just say he’s not attracted to Brett, although I will say that she almost certainly knows he isn’t. She’s holding out hope that he will be; that’s why she keeps asking if he’s “open.” He won’t be. I noticed he didn’t cheer her on at all as she did the obstacle course. He told his sister he’d put up with the mess (which really was bad; Brett, girl, do better) if Brett were a Victoria’s Secret model. That’s the beginning and end of the story.

I didn’t understand how Rachel was in an 8-year relationship but she’s been single every summer. Did they break up each summer and get back together when school started?

Gil’s friend should have a podcast or be a phone sex operator. He has one of the sexiest voices I’ve ever heard.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Bao prepped meals for both of them

Yes … and I owe Bao an apology from last episode. I believed Johnny when he called her a liar about gourmet meals.  This episode he clarified that she was a liar because he helped.. so she wasn’t allowed to say she cooked gourmet meals.   This is a fault several men have. They deny a wife credit for something that took an hour if they helped for one minute. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

Johnny needs to quit being a little bitch! And read Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus! & some of Gottman's & Chapman's literature! Stat! Talk about the 4 Horsemen, he's practically demonstrating all four! His contempt is palpable! That % question was a setup. He was waiting to blow up because he can't discuss things calmly like a healthy person. It's funny & tragic how they both complain about the same thing. They're so textbook, I can't! 😂 They're giving love the way they want to receive it. I'm quite disappointed in them for not knowing any better. Good on Bao for keeping calm while that fool was yelling & freaking out.

• Love 2