Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E06: Alien

• Start Topic

Only an hour? Bummer! There was so much happening at the end! Was cracking up at Cory getting right up in everyone's business goading them into fighting. And Fessy hitting Josh! That's gotta be why TJ shows up at the house next week right?

I didn't think Emy's alien song was that great, but props to her for being an entertaining part of this season and working hard to get a callback for future seasons.

• Love 1

No elimination? Are you kidding me? I hope next week TJ sends both Fessy and Josh home. But while Fessy did swing at Josh it was only after Josh swung at him I think. So Josh might go home. Which ok then because I was sick of agreeing with him. Esther's opinions are also suspect. She's team Fessy and she wants to kiss Josh? Girl, no. CT's look after they kissed was too funny. As was Nelson chomping down on pizza during the Josh/Fessy thing.

I wish they'd shown this side of Emy earlier versus the first impression I got of her dropping the information about "The List" and then being too emotional about bad partners or going into the elimination.

I don't know why all the rookie girls have decided Amber B is fake but I also am tired of her complaining about the blindsiding. Let's move on to how this along with what he did to Nelson is why no one besides Kaycee should trust Fessy.

• Love 4

MTV, stop playing with me, This did not need to be stretched out over two 1-hour episodes. 😑

Obviously, I don't know everything that went on in that house... BUT, Esther and Berna have the absolute dumbest reason for calling Amber fake. Because Amber says she's loyal and plays a loyal game??? and because Amber complains about being blindsided??? ...and I happen to like these two girls but it seems they're just looking for a reason to dislike Amber. The reason doesn't even have to make sense.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 17

Emy’s song was the worst ear worm and now it’ll be stuck in my head all night. Blegh.

The challenge wasn’t that fun to watch since it was the same spinning around for all teams and we couldn’t even see what symbols they were trying to figure out.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Lola82 said:

The challenge wasn’t that fun to watch since it was the same spinning around for all teams and we couldn’t even see what symbols they were trying to figure out.

I agree. I didn't really care for the daily challenge. It was pretty boring to watch. They were on a roll with the challenges this season until this episode.

• Love 4

At this point, just put Fessy and Josh into the Lair against each other. Get that shit over with. We're at a point where Josh is beating his chest . . . and I'm good with that because Fessy beating his meat is so much worse. Actually, what's worse is all the Haterade being chugged around Amber.

Mission should have been more dope than it came across. Honestly surprised no one threw up. And, of course, three of the "finalists" were BB. And not Amber.

Kaycee/Nany "date" was cute. Yeah, that's all I got.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

MTV, stop playing with me, This did not need to be stretched out over two 1-hour episodes. 😑

Wait, next week is one hour as well? I was thinking that I'll be watching that "live" and DVRing Survivor. Yeah, that's back.

• Love 6

Yeah the daily seemed better than it turned out to be.  Would have been much better if they had to race through some obstacle course on those tractor trailers instead.

I would say the pizza fight was scripted, as well as this whole BB rift, until one of them swung, which should be automatic DQ but who knows, there are no set, written rules.  Whatever the rules are they’re fluid.

They may want to milk this feud longer because there isn’t much else drama after they got rid of Kelz so quickly, because he was so entertaining when he took down Josh.

• Love 2

I did a slo-mo of the "fight." It looked like Fessy pushed Josh's face, then Josh flailed back and hit his arm. I'm not sure if that would be enough to boot him, but they could easily boot Esther as well, since throwing a drink on someone is technically battery.

I can see how Amber might appear fake. However, I watched way too many hours of live feeds during Big Brother 16, and I've got to say that she really did seem to be one of the nicest people ever to appear on the show. Two women (Nicole and Christine) hated her right away out of jealousy because she was "HDTV ready." Caleb (later on two seasons of Survivor) creepily stalked her and got psycho when she very nicely rejected him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

At the beginning, I thought the episode was leading to Emy being voted into elimination, winning, and picking CT as a partner. We’ll see if that ends up coming true next week.

7 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Wait, next week is one hour as well? I was thinking that I'll be watching that "live" and DVRing Survivor. Yeah, that's back.

On my DVR, it says the Challenge is an hour next week.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, shantown said:

Was cracking up at Cory getting right up in everyone's business goading them into fighting.

I was just surprised that Devin was quiet throughout. He's my favorite person when it comes to egging on fights.

And all the awards to the cameraperson who caught CT's reaction to Josh and Esther hooking up. Comedy gold.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

The show began making me think Emy is definitely going into elimination and we are getting the last of her. Even though I still don't care for her, her edit this week did make her seem more tolerable. She and CT are big fans of each other. I wonder if this means she wins and chooses him as a partner. Or maybe he was one of the only ones to say nice things about her in the confessional. 

Fessy needs to be honest: Amber B staying in this game and being anyone's partner, especially Josh/CT, is a threat to him in the final. Full stop. Fessy says he can say he's sorry and Amber can say she's sorry, but what does Amber hav to apologize for??? She didn't do anything! Nany and Kaycee are cute I guess, but because they are aligned with Fessy I didn't care much about their romance. Speaking of romance, Josh and Esther is so random. Where did that come from??? CT looking at the was hilarious. 

Esther and Betina have known Amber for lie 5 minutes, what is their problem with her? I'm so confused. Esther is done with me. Showing a drink in my face, she would get smacked. A lot was going on at the very end. Esther looked like she was trying to apologize to Amber and hug her. Fessy pushes Josh, while Cory is in everyone's face yelling and encouraging mess, while Nelson is just in the middle of the melee eating pizza. Please let it be that both Fessy and Esther are going home. Why else would TJ show up to the house?

• Love 12

I hate non elimination shows. The daily was so dull to watch. My favorite part was Nelson eating pizza in the middle of the fight. 

Amber B needs to lay off talking about the blind side constantly but I also don't get the "she's so fake" thing with no evidence given.

• Love 3

So frozen pizzas are apparently a staple in the Challenge house.  

No catered buffets for you!

Well if they’re going to carb load, they might as well do more endurance missions.

Between daily challenges and eliminations and the filmed club outings, the Challengers eat frozen pizza, argue, hook up and then wait for the blinking lights, like some place out of a dystopian society with regimented days, limited food options and interminable waiting for the next purge.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The editing was wonky in the scene with CT and Emy talking about partners.  One moment he’s in his jeans, another he’s taken them off, and then back on.  I probably wouldn’t have noticed but it was CT in his underwear.  😆

I’m not getting the Amber hate and I honestly don’t get why Kayce has forgotten how crappy Fessy treated her last final/reunion.  

Kyle was on Banana’s podcast last week and he said the hook-ups were out of control this season.  BJ’s in the bathroom, etc. I did not see Josh and Esther coupling up!!  BTW: the podcast is pretty interesting so far.  He had Bill Simmons, Juliet Litman (The Ringer podcaster), Wes, and Kyle on already.  This week is Fessy.  ETA don’t listen to the Fessy one.  Slightly spoiler-ish

Edited by LBS
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Lola82 said:

At what point did CT see Josh and Esther hook up? Was it in the club? I might have fast forwarded through Emy’s song too much and missed his reaction.

Yep it was at the club. Can't remember if it was before or after Emy's song.

46 minutes ago, LBS said:

I’m not getting the Amber hate and I honestly don’t get why Kayce has forgotten how crappy Fessy treated her last final/reunion.  

My guess is that Kaycee sees Amber as competition, so she's on board with Fessy's egotistic attempts to get her out of the game.

• Love 5

Amber's complaining may be tedious, but Esther's screams (both of joy, at the challenge win, and of frustration, at Amber right before the drink throw) hurt my ears!  She could sub in for a broken fire truck siren!  

Hughie really did look dead there on top of the car.  Or passed out.  Was that ever explained?  Perhaps he was nauseated, but???  I try not to react to people's appearances, but...his lips look like earthworms to me.  He really has striking eyes though.

Speaking of appearances, and as someone who's never worn false eyelashes and has only worn mascara probably fewer than 20x, I have been fascinated by the proliferation of them, especially on the Challenge but on other shows too.  It really makes people look a lot different when they have them off. In the talking heads with Esther wearing an asymmetrical haircut (wig?), her hair was caught behind the eyelashes on one side like when someone tucks their hair behind their ears!  Now those are some lonnnnng lashes!

Yes, Tori, it's hilarious to tell Amber Fessy ate her pizza.  ha.  ha.  

Drunken antics = my least favorite part of the Challenge.  Oh wait, maybe 2nd to gross-food-puking.  Except I can't follow what's happening on the antics, or hear anything anyone says.  Puking, I know exactly what is happening and can look away.

They did freeze frame on Fessy's palm on Josh's face at the very end, so that was helpful and dunh-dunh-dunnnnhish.  Similar to the Amazing Race's rattlesnake-of-bad-decisions sound effect.  

If Fessy and Josh get thrown out, it bodes well for long-term drama over seasons.  But then Messy and...er...Slosh for his crying?...aren't here for this-season drama.  I am cynical enough to think that "only warning" v. immediate ejection hinges very much on these factors.  

Not enough Kyle and Devin snark.  Ed's still cool.  

So the whole Allison-in-Breakfast-Club-makeover thing with Emy and the red dress and the devil-girls gussying her up (is she wearing Satan Satin?) was cute (ish) until you saw the shots of Emy's outfits in her Romanian music videos or concerts or whatever.  It's not like she's never worn a skirt before!

But still miles cuter than the Nany-Kaycee date, because I am getting so sick of Kaycee's "innocence" about Amber's position.  Nany, no, Kaycee is not "caught in the middle." She's firmly on Fessy's side.  Bluh.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, LBS said:

Kyle was on Banana’s podcast last week and he said the hook-ups were out of control this season.

Why I miss the colder weather and the more austere setting: it cut down on the hook-up culture. This season feels trashier than the past few. Not since Paulie and Cara Maria were having sex on all the beds back in War of the Worlds.

I would've said CT was interested "that way" in Emy, except he appeared to have a wedding ring on in one of his confessionals.

Agreed that the daily challenge was lots of "tell" and not a lot of "show." You can scream how sick it is all you want, TJ -- it made for boring TV.

Speculating that Josh isn't getting kicked off, since his edit has been really positive (for Josh). He even got a love interest this year, so you know he's hit the big time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

OTOH, warmer weather lets them do more challenging daily challenges, like a lot in the water.

Or all of them going through the mud.

Or when they were throwing stuff from the helicopter, windy cold weather might not have permitted that.

• Love 3

Kailah hooked up with Bear during a cold season. That's reason enough to keep them in the sun forever, because that scarred me. 

As for this episode...I'm always a fan of the drunken stupidity. I loved Tori and Corey trying to wind people up and Nelly chowing down in the middle of it all. I wish it had been ninety minutes and not broken up like this into two shorter episodes, though. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

It’s obvious this week and next week’s episodes are only an hour because Fessy is getting kicked off at the start of the next episode. I’m assuming they’ll spend a fair bit of time picking up where this episode left off, then TJ shows up the following morning and does his thing. Next episode ends with the elimination we would normally expect in a normal 90 minute episode. I look at it like an extended 2 hour episode with the Fessy stuff extending it by a half hour. 

With that said, this was the worst episode of the season. Boring daily and forced drama after the club.

I’m all the way out on Tori. Bring back Jordan. 

It’s apparent this season needs Devin and Kyle to be the main narrators of every episode. They were invisible this episode and it showed. 

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

It’s obvious this week and next week’s episodes are only an hour because Fessy is getting kicked off at the start of the next episode. I’m assuming they’ll spend a fair bit of time picking up where this episode left off, then TJ shows up the following morning and does his thing. Next episode ends with the elimination we would normally expect in a normal 90 minute episode. I look at it like an extended 2 hour episode with the Fessy stuff extending it by a half hour. 

This is an excellent assessment. I think that's how the season will progress as well. Potentially they will all take a segment or two to discuss the fallout of Fessy leaving, and the impact of the game. We haven't even heard the nominations yet right? Then there will be some drama of who gets chosen to go down.

I had been enjoying the 90 minute episodes, especially since they were not filled with fluff. There are SO many people and teams, this season is likely to go on forever. I think the pacing has been excellent, up until this point. 

• Love 3

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually liking Amanda this season. Her personality is much "lighter" than it used to be.

Amanda was the only person that could make me side with Zach or Camilla. That's how much I disliked Amanda.

It also helps that Amanda told Fessy maybe he's the fucking problem and maybe he's wrong. 😁

• Love 5
17 hours ago, AncientNewbie said:

Kailah hooked up with Bear during a cold season.

Yes, but they scored it to "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)" which is the perfect song to describe Bear's brief Challenge career.

And once Bear went home, nobody else really took their place. This season has been a new couple every week. I know The Challenge used to be like this, but I don't watch Love Island for a reason.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/16/2021 at 8:18 AM, RedbirdNelly said:

I hate non elimination shows. The daily was so dull to watch. My favorite part was Nelson eating pizza in the middle of the fight. 

Amber B needs to lay off talking about the blind side constantly but I also don't get the "she's so fake" thing with no evidence given.

Nelson eating in the middle of everything was funny, but did you guys notice at one point Betina walked through the chaos with a giant plate of food and a soda can? I kept thinking someone would accidently knock it out of her hand.

I also don't get Berna and Esther's problem with Amber. It's coming off very mean girl-ish. Amber at least kept her cool when Esther threw the drink. Esther seems to be going hard defending Fessy when we all know he would drop her as soon as he gets the chance. 

On 9/16/2021 at 7:58 AM, AntFTW said:

Losing a challenge with him and winning the game without him! HOW DARE SHE?

This. I truly think this is the crux of Fessy and I guess Kaycee's issue. She was low on the BB alliance totem pole, they didn't care about her, used her as a number in their alliance, cut her loose when the time was right and then she ends up winning.

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

This. I truly think this is the crux of Fessy and I guess Kaycee's issue. She was low on the BB alliance totem pole, they didn't care about her, used her as a number in their alliance, cut her loose when the time was right and then she ends up winning.

LOL, it is Bachelor Pad all over again.  The show had a $250,000 prize and the final couple could split the money or keep it for themselves as an individual.   One guy was just a number to the dominant alliance of five and they let him know it, so when he got to the end, he kept all the money and the  show transformed into Bachelor in Paradise with no cash prize after that.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I also don't get Berna and Esther's problem with Amber. It's coming off very mean girl-ish. Amber at least kept her cool when Esther threw the drink. Esther seems to be going hard defending Fessy when we all know he would drop her as soon as he gets the chance.

I said the same last week when I saw the trailer for this episode. I no longer think this is Esther defending Fessy. She just doesn't like Amber... apparently because Amber says she's plays a loyal game and Esther doesn't like that one bit.

In the same way Amber used the pizza to go off on Fessy, Esther's using the Fessy-Amber drama to go off on Amber. Esther did not have to get involved at all. Amber was venting to Fessy about Fessy, not to Esther or about Esther. But this is why this group of people gets invited to reality shows and why I tune in.. for the mess that nobody had to instigate or escalate, but they do it anyway. 😁

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

What was with Tori’s confessional of her claiming that Kaycee is unpredictable? Are we thinking of the same Kaycee?

I wondered if she was looking for a way to say "I don't trust Kaycee" that would not sound like she was saying "I don't trust Kaycee" when Kaycee watched it back

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

What a tedious episode.  Much of it seemed faked for the cameras, from the party scene at the club (I can almost hear the director calling "Action!") to the warmed-over, half-hearted argument between Fessy and Josh, in which Fessy seemed to struggle just to keep a straight face.  (I know the show runners keep trying to make Fessy happen, but the guy is a stiff.) The show feels overly produced and polished now, too slick for its own good.

The Challenge for this episode wasn't very engaging either.   There was little or no footage from the team-members' perspective so it was hard to know what they were seeing or follow their progress on the combination.   It amounted to just watching team after team be spun around. 

The "Amber is fake" edit was funny.   And it was amusing that Ashley chose to do her talking heads in the same red dress she loaned to Emy (whom I don't find charming in the least).

But an underwhelming season so far.   The near-lack of top tier vets.  The same tired spies theme.  Nany trotting out that black pleather dress AGAIN ... I'm just not feeling it.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, millennium said:

And it was amusing that Ashley chose to do her talking heads in the same red dress she loaned to Emy (whom I don't find charming in the least).

I noticed that also. It gave me a little chuckle.

• Love 2

And that date night ... are we supposed to believe the housemates threw that together themselves?  Complete with champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries?   Pfft.  Other than the ad-hoc "club" created at the house last season or special parties announced by TJ, I can't recall another instance where production has stepped in to facilitate an elaborate set-up like that -- and certainly not for just two people.   See my note above about how so much of what we see this season seems manufactured and contrived.

23 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Yes, but they scored it to "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)" which is the perfect song to describe Bear's brief Challenge career.

Possibly the funniest moment from that season.

6 hours ago, millennium said:

The show feels overly produced and polished now, too slick for its own good.

That's what I've been saying! This season feels so completely manufactured in every way. I mean sure, there's always a lot of stuff that's fake but it usually feels like it's the contestants dreaming it up for airtime/story (like the Wes/Bananas alliance). This season it just feels like it's all manufactured by TPTB. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That's what I've been saying! This season feels so completely manufactured in every way. I mean sure, there's always a lot of stuff that's fake but it usually feels like it's the contestants dreaming it up for airtime/story (like the Wes/Bananas alliance). This season it just feels like it's all manufactured by TPTB. 

I had misgivings about this season from almost the first episode, when just before the elimination started the camera did flattering, heroic shots of the players going into the Lair, like it was the Hunger Games.   Totally the wrong tone for this show.

I don't get all the Kaycee attention.   At the end of the day, she's even more meh than Fessy.   I have always liked Nany, even so I can never seem to forget that time she lost a veneer at the club, then picked it up off the floor and put it back in her mouth.  

• Love 4

I actually like all the drunken shenanigans and hook-ups, so I'm loving that about this season.

I think they get catered meals during actual mealtimes, but frozen pizza after drunken party nights. 

The daily was an absolute snooze-fest.

Esther and the other chick (whose name escapes me) are definitely jealous of/threatened by Amber, and want her gone. 

I sincerely hope Fessy goes home. Esther too, but I very much doubt that.  As others have said, I liked her until this episode, but throwing the drink was too much...especially after she had just called Amber childish. 

The date between Kaycee and Nany was soooo contrived. Nany had "NO IDEA" about it, yet she was all dressed up. Yeah, ok, suuure. 

I was also not at all charmed by Emmy, and will not miss her in the least when she goes.  I am enjoying a lot of the rookies this season, but I can't say that she's one of them. 

Edited by Zima
  • Love 4
On 9/22/2021 at 2:16 AM, Zima said:

I actually like all the drunken shenanigans and hook-ups, so I'm loving that about this season.

I think they get catered meals during actual mealtimes, but frozen pizza after drunken party nights. 

The daily was an absolute snooze-fest.

Esther and the other chick (whose name escapes me) are definitely jealous of/threatened by Amber, and want her gone. 

I sincerely hope Fessy goes home. Esther too, but I very much doubt that.  As others have said, I liked her until this episode, but throwing the drink was too much...especially after she had just called Amber childish. 

The date between Kaycee and Nany was soooo contrived. Nany had "NO IDEA" about it, yet she was all dressed up. Yeah, ok, suuure. 

I was also not at all charmed by Emmy, and will not miss her in the least when she goes.  I am enjoying a lot of the rookies this season, but I can't say that she's one of them. 

Yes, I agree with what you said about Esther and the other chick Berna.

Also, same here I actually liked Esther but the arguing with Amber and then having it escalate to the point of throwing a drink is too much! Don't care for Esther. 

Lol about your Emy thoughts, she's not that bad :)

• Love 1