Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Testing Trust

• Start Topic

Ellie has surprising news for her friends; Ari's ex-husband makes an impression; Steven quits his job and Alina prepares for her move; Kenny and Armando finally start planning their wedding; Jenny has one option left to stay in India.

• Love 1

I'm assuming this episode dropped on Discovery + this morning.

My new Friday morning ritual is going to be watching this shit show on Friday morning with coffee and waiting for Jenny to hurl another chair at Sumbitch before I start work.

Happy Friday, fellow posters!  

ETA:  Dammit, it's not up yet.  Perhaps unlike HEA which dropped every Friday morning, they're keeping TOW under wraps until Sunday morning.  Assholes.  So much for my assuming (we all know what they say about ASSuming).  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm assuming this episode dropped on Discovery + this morning.

My new Friday morning ritual is going to be watching this shit show on Friday morning with coffee and waiting for Jenny to hurl another chair at Sumbitch before I start work.

Happy Friday, fellow posters!  

ETA:  Dammit, it's not up yet.  Perhaps unlike HEA which dropped every Friday morning, they're keeping TOW under wraps until Sunday morning.  Assholes.  So much for my assuming (we all know what they say about ASSuming).  

My memory from last week (and I started a new placement at a new school and met about 645 new adults and middle schoolers, lol, is that yes they do wait until Sunday.  Same with 90 Day Caribbean.

26 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

My memory from last week (and I started a new placement at a new school and met about 645 new adults and middle schoolers, lol, is that yes they do wait until Sunday.  Same with 90 Day Caribbean.

Maybe they only released the HEA episodes 2 days early because they knew that franchise was inherently boring so it was no big deal ratings wise.  

I keep forgetting about 90 Day Caribbean.  I watched the first few episodes and should catch up on it whilst awaiting the new episode of TOW.  

• Love 4

I watched the 20 minute preview.

Bini, you are being a bit much because your wife is getting two nails replaced. Big deal and it doesn't mean anything, doesn't mean she wants her ex-husband.  

Alina, you are a bit young to get married to Steven. Finish your education and see if you still want him then. What is the rush to get to Turkey and meet him and get married? Learn all you can about the Mormon faith. Russia's internet does block things and you need to know exactly what you are getting in to. His boss was too nice to him, but he also said to not rush in to any sort of commitment.

Evelin, you want a wedding in the $25-50,000 US price range? Who do you think you are? Some celebrity? You can probably have a very nice wedding and reception for probably $10,000. No, you don't need the fancy dress (since you are already married) and the big, let's make all the women on the island jealous. The wedding planner is probably counting the dollars she'll make from these suckers, er, Corey the Sucker. And then you tell him that the man/groom pays for everything. Uh, look that up, Corey.

• Love 20

I'm watching the sneak preview -

Ari, you are truly disgusting. Doing your nails for the ex. Leaving off your ring. Special makeup and the short dress Bini has apparently been asking you to wear forever finally comes out. Well, karma - that short dress with the stupid boots makes your legs look fat and your body look dumb. Good luck with your attempt to put the horns on Bini.

• LOL 9
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah giving up a door to door pest control job is giving up a lot.

I was expecting to hear he was "working" for an MLM like Prepaid Legal or Amway.  

I guess a privately owned and operated pest control company would be a step up.  

7 hours ago, renatae said:

Ari, you are truly disgusting. Doing your nails for the ex. Leaving off your ring. Special makeup and the short dress Bini has apparently been asking you to wear forever finally comes out. Well, karma - that short dress with the stupid boots makes your legs look fat and your body look dumb. Good luck with your attempt to put the horns on Bini.

Ugh, she's running around like a 16-year-old getting ready for prom.  

If I were Bini, I'd be pissed.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Evelin, you want a wedding in the $25-50,000 US price range? Who do you think you are? Some celebrity?

She went from someone who claims she "never dreamed about her wedding" to being Bridezilla. They could have a lovely ceremony on the beach outside their tiki bar. She must have watched some of the other 90 Day couples' weddings that were underwritten by Sharp/TLC and decided that if Corey insisted they get married, she was going to take full advantage of the situation. She can also get revenge for Corey's fling with the girl in Peru. 

• Love 14
13 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah giving up a door to door pest control job is giving up a lot.

I wouldn't open my door to him! Strange dude. How well can he do selling pest control services when he doesn't want to kill bugs. Does he assure the customers that the pests will be exterminated humanely or something? And what does he think this skill will translate into for work in Turkey? 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, renatae said:

I assumed that Ari got her nails done regularly. Sure, some could be for the ex husband. Maybe she wants both dudes or to make both jealous. I would think if any of her friends were visiting, she would maybe do the same. They know her as the girl who wore the short dresses and she just wanted to portray that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

I assumed that Ari got her nails done regularly. Sure, some could be for the ex husband. Maybe she wants both dudes or to make both jealous. I would think if any of her friends were visiting, she would maybe do the same. They know her as the girl who wore the short dresses and she just wanted to portray that.

The reason I feel she did this just for the ex was - well, did you see the look on her face when she was video conferencing him? Hear the tone of her voice? Notice her excitement? When was the last time she looked at Bini with much more than suspicion or was anything but contentious? Bini said himself that he asked her many times to wear short skirts but she wouldn't for him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
8 hours ago, renatae said:

Ari, you are truly disgusting. Doing your nails for the ex. Leaving off your ring. Special makeup and the short dress Bini has apparently been asking you to wear forever finally comes out.

Yeah, I wasn't going for all that. Bini seems like a nice guy and Ari asked a few times if he was jealous. Is that her whole game here? Doing and saying everything she can say to try and make her current husband jealous? What an immature thing to do, and yeah, sure - this stunt is really going to make your marriage stronger. It'll only prove to your husband how manipulating you are. Maybe Ari thinks this is common in the US so not protesting much, but if she pulled this in the US with an American husband few guys would put up with it.

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I wouldn't open my door to him! Strange dude. How well can he do selling pest control services when he doesn't want to kill bugs. Does he assure the customers that the pests will be exterminated humanely or something? And what does he think this skill will translate into for work in Turkey? 

I am not sure how successful he has been to anyone who did open their doors, he does not strike me as much of a salesperson.

None of these people have job skills that would do well in any country, either direction, they either have no skills or have a very low paying job here or their career is non existent/obsolete in any other country.

We are going to watch this Mormon weird out this girl, spend his parents money, get his heart broken, try to understand any of what happens and move back home to his parents basement...no way this will end any other way.

• Love 16

I have a bit of a different take on Ari's excitement to see her ex.  Part of it anyways.  It's a lonely, unnerving thing to move away from home, let alone a whole other country across the globe.  Maybe she was giddy and excited to see a familiar face?  I think I'd be just bursting to see someone from home.

• Useful 3
  • Love 15

Ari CLEARLY still wants her ex. She's all 'I made a mistake divorcing him being immature but always planned on having him in my life and thought we would get back together up until I met Bini'. She admitted the trip to the nail  salon was for the ex because she wanted to be 'at least put together' for his arrival. She also said she was glad Bini was jealous and I  believe he knows enough about her usual behavior to know that she was putting on for her ex husband.

• Love 19

Okay I haven't watched this season yet, but just want to throw out there a probable unpopular opinion...

Why do we as 90DF fans dog on Dan-yell for looking dumpy when she goes to meet up with Mo, but can't give Ari a pass to get her fucking nails done?   If she's trying to make anyone jealous or make the ex want her back... okay? And?  Sometimes it's nice to see that you're wanted or desired.  If this is her normal behavior and we see it with every dude, then okay, that's weird, but why do we shit all over Dan-yell for not even doing the absolute minimum in putting herself together to see Mohammed?

I always get my roots done before I go on any kind of trip, it makes me feel better.  Shallow? Sure. Is there anything sinister behind it? Not unless me feeling better about myself is bad.  

Anyway. I can't watch another minute of Evelin and Corey, Jenny and Sumit, lol.  I'm happy to snark along here though, seems none of these clowns have changed at all lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

@ALittleShelfish, I gave Ari a pass for getting her nails done. No idea if she has made any friendships with US expats over there. Someone coming to visit is rare for her. I need to see more to see her manipulative behavior.  Maybe if she feels good about how she looks when a guest is there, it will continue. You can get into a rut.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 5
On 9/3/2021 at 7:32 AM, greekmom said:

On 9/3/2021 at 7:32 AM, greekmom said:

Ellie has surprising news for her friends

Just gets better & better with this guy 

Spoiler

Domestic violence charge in his past & bloody wreck of a 'house' he is 'building' and yes she is selling her business 

What 

fool.

Her BF  is worth her weight in gold though!

Edited by xls
  • Love 8
On 9/4/2021 at 12:25 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

We are going to watch this Mormon weird out this girl, spend his parents money, get his heart broken, try to understand any of what happens and move back home to his parents basement...no way this will end any other way.

This guy is just so spectacularly unimpressive, he makes Corey seem like a real catch in comparison. 😏

• LOL 11
  • Love 7

Seems to me that Bini's anger is misdirected.  If anything, he should be annoyed with Ari.  After all, she was the one who invited Leandro and gave him a list of what she wanted him to bring. 

I agree with the poster upthread who said that Evelin saw the lavish, overseas weddings of some the other 90 Dayers and wanted one too.  Can't say that I blame her.  

I wonder how much of the $5,000 Ellie's fiance actually spent on home improvements. 

So, rather than marry Jenny, Sumit is going to have her join Hare Krishna.  Gee, what could go wrong?!

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
On 9/4/2021 at 11:16 AM, Persnickety1 said:

I was expecting to hear he was "working" for an MLM like Prepaid Legal or Amway.  

I guess a privately owned and operated pest control company would be a step up.  

It seems kind of fitting that a former Mormon missionary would be pretty comfortable going door to door.  I don't see how his big secret of premarital sex is going to sit well with his virgin bride and separate housing in Turkey.  That sounds like a really bad idea.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Are we sure the $50k is US DOLLARS or ecuadorian currency? Because that would make more sense. And it they bought that beach front property to build a bar and already been together six year, why wouldn't they spend $50k if they have it to build the property first.

I know it's all a fake story line, but so stupid.

I love this stupid hare krisna plot for Jenny and the mother in law moving in.  They are really getting desperate for 'fresh' story lines for this franchise.

Heaven forbid they just show us some couples in love and dealing with trying to get a visa.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Corey the idiot really thinks that the wedding will cost 50-60k?

Oh puhleeze!  If Corey had $50k, Evelin would have already taken it.  Sharp Entertainment will be footing the bill. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 8

Is it possible that Evelin is gunning for the break-the-bank (and then some) wedding because she thinks it will alienate Corey to give her up and go back to the US?  Someone who didn't even desire matrimony is now asking her groom to be to foot a $50k wedding?  I hope Evelin thought this strategy through because Corey might just be credit-worthy (and stupid) enough to go through with it.  

Speaking of Corey, I have to say the scales have significantly tipped in who's the most attractive in this pair.  Corey is looking downright totally hot this season.  

Why would this Russian young woman Alina want to be with this guy who excuses himself from an outside lunch with his family by telling them all he's going to walk over to another spot in the yard and fart?  I guess being Mormon can't buy you class (or a good haircut, or apparently a good Mormon girl stateside).

Armando and Kenny and Kenny's girdles or shapewear or whatever are just so boring.  Kenny, we get it with every disgruntled look that comes over your face, that you are just horrified that in Mexico you don't enjoy the full acceptance that you have as a gay man in America (while pointing out the ways gay people in America still are discriminated against, quite legally).

Ariel, looks as if you're going for divorce number 2.  The common denominator seems to be your selfishness.  While I suspect Ariel's ex being in town as mostly producer-driven, I also suspect that Bini's comprehension of what is going on is seriously handicapped (as equally by the obvious gut punch this move would give to anyone's current spouse as by his understanding of English...throw in the nanny's and his family's reactions if the recipe for your version of this doesn't end well even if no harm was ever meant needs a dash more).

• Love 10

Hope Alina’s mom and or grandmother have some money to send to her so that she can get back home from Turkey. I don’t mind the two separate rooms for a bit. They do not know each other and having some space and a lockable door is a good idea. She seems very young to tie herself to this person. Hope she has some tough questions about Mormon life.

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

Does anyone know anything about Ariela's ex's story?  He had a mask with an IU, Indiana University, tag on it.  The students and teachers all have these.  Someone mentioned him doing his post-doctoral work?

He’s a graduate student at IUB! 

40481972-E526-4FDA-8021-3294F02DF422.jpeg

she says in her TH that she didn’t want to move to “Ehhhndeeeahhhnaaaa” with Leandro. I’ve lived in this state for my whole life and I’ve never heard anyone pronounce it that way, ever 🤣 even east coast girls I went to college with (I went to IU, by the way! 😂

Edited by novemberjenny
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, novemberjenny said:

He’s a graduate student at IUB! 

40481972-E526-4FDA-8021-3294F02DF422.jpeg

she says in her TH that she didn’t want to move to “Ehhhndeeeahhhnaaaa” with Leandro. I’ve lived in this state for my whole life and I’ve never heard anyone pronounce it that way, ever 🤣 even east coast girls I went to college with (I went to IU, by the way! 😂

Thanks!  My husband is an IU grad and I graduated from Kentucky, and we live about an hour from Bloomington.  We were just at IU on Friday and Sunday helping my parents with their art fair booth for the 4th Street Art Fair.  Somehow I totally missed her TH about that!  

The sad thing is that there is so much diversity and so much happening on that campus, but she didn't even give it a shot.  I would love to know he story about how she ended up living in Argentina at 19.  

Edited by suzywallis
added comment
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, renatae said:

Ari is bugging me even more now that I've seen the whole episode. She has the ex bring her bras? She can't have her mom send her some? She can't get any from Amazon? (Yes, they deliver to Ecuador! And they also sell Bali, one of the better brands.)

Her backstory about why she left her husband highlights her selfishness and stupidity in spades. "I didn't really want to go but I wanted to travel everywhere. I didn't really want to break up with him, I just hoped if traveling turned out not to be fun, I wanted him to still be there, but I met Bini." She is so thoughtless and apparently really broke Leandro's heart. I can't believe he forgave her childish capriciousness.

She outright admitted she was glad Bini was jealous. The only thing cute about this is the adorable baby.

Jenny, for crying out loud - leave!!!!

I didn't mind the bras, as she asked him to bring them.  However, it really did highlight how selfish and immature she was, even at 29.  I have lost some more respect for her.  As Veronica said in the Pillow Talk piece, "Stop Talking, Ari.  Just stop talking!"  And the baby comment??  Geesh!   The crazy thing about her not wanting to go to Indiana is that there is a huge amount of diversity and things going on at IU Bloomington.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, renatae said:

She can't get any from Amazon? (Yes, they deliver to Ecuador!

Ari is in Ethiopia.

I don't have an issue with the bras. If her mother had sent some in the mail, they may have gone astray. If there's someone coming over from the USA, I can't see the problem in that person bringing items over that can't be sourced in Ethiopia, and after recently giving birth, her reason for needing new bras is entirely plausible. Leandro made it clear these were things Ari had ordered, it wasn't as if he randomly decided to buy her sexy lingerie. I am certain Bini was aware of this, so more producer-driven fake drama, I think.

But I do think Bini has genuine cause for concern about Ari's behaviour around Leandro - making an extra effort to look good for him, her comments about how she was sure they'd get back together, but then she met (and got knocked up by) Bini, etc. I think Bini has been pretty low-key about Ari's behaviour because he's been through the situation once before where his American wife and child disappeared on him, and so he's doing what he can to make sure this doesn't happen a second time.

Ari is very selfish and self-centred. To describe Leandro as her Best Friend when she has a fiance would be a big red flag for me if I were Bini.

The Jenny/Sumit storyline is ridiculous.

The only other couple I care about is Kenny and Armando, but as someone said upthread, it's all a bit boring.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, novemberjenny said:

Corey is stupid. Weddings cost more than $5,000. And yes, I know there have been and people are definitely capable of having cheap weddings, but that’s not what they’re talking about in this situation. They’re talking about a full blown event. I was a wedding planner for 10 years, and even during the 2008 recession your average wedding [MINUS the things like apparel, favors, etc. things that aren’t usually included in “packages”] was about $14-20K. I’m sure with infrastructure that would be a pretty accurate cost. Plus, it sounded like this wedding planner included things like tux and dress rental/purchase, photographer, etc. Plus she has to take her cut. Also, for those curious, Ecuador uses the US dollar as currency. 

Corey is stupid...that wedding planner knows it too.  I am sure you never factored in the cost of apparel in to a per person price, like how would you do that?

My question is for a town that food shopping involves picking out a live chicken to be killed for dinner that night how does one spend $26,000 to $50,000 on any event?  Do they even have enough chickens in that town to cater an event? 

I want Corey to ask a question for crying out loud, he just took whatever he was told without questioning it!  I have a bridge I'd like to sell him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
9 hours ago, CainF said:

Armando and Kenny and Kenny's girdles or shapewear or whatever are just so boring.  Kenny, we get it with every disgruntled look that comes over your face, that you are just horrified that in Mexico you don't enjoy the full acceptance that you have as a gay man in America (while pointing out the ways gay people in America still are discriminated against, quite legally).

Thank you, this drives me nuts about Kenny. He is hardly coming from a place that was paradise for the LGBTQ community. My friend (who is gay) who lived in Mexico said it was far more easygoing there than the US. 

7 hours ago, novemberjenny said:

Jenny as a Hare Krishna. Lort Jesus what will these producers think of next? 😂 it’s like they get drunk and just throw out the craziest ideas - let’s have her become Hare Krishna! 

IF ONLY the writing team at Sharp would get drunk and throw out crazy ideas! We might get a break from the same old boring plot lines we've endured for years. Someone has a secret. Someone cheated. Try on wedding dresses. Go to parents for blessing. Suspicious friend is suspicious. Fiancee/e has to eat some sort of weird food. Wedding planned in fiancee's home country. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

Ari is total garbage. The only job $$$ she has is this show. I think she is having her ex over for the drama and Bini is NOT in on it. She is a sick girl who manipulates everyone in her life because she has 0 self worth (the cutting in her past). There isn’t enough attention in the universe that will make her happy she is a vampire for more attention .  Her parents 100% fund the nanny for Ari as much as Avi. 

Steven is entertaining . I am glad for a new couple. So much retread of old couples on TLC. I am hopeful because of the empathy he showed for the ants carrying the dead ant bodies that he is not another incel weirdo like Coltee, just a quirky weirdo making bad decisions in a awkward benign way. 

Jenny, Sumit, Evelyn, Corey yawn. Maybe Corey came into a windfall of insurance money when his dad died. I think Corey should hook up w Ellie, surf get some dogs and make beautiful pizza. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Ari is total garbage. The only job $$$ she has is this show. I think she is having her ex over for the drama and Bini is NOT in on it. She is a sick girl who manipulates everyone in her life because she has 0 self worth

Absolutely agree. The bra purchase was out-of-line and I don't blame Leandro. It's all Ari. Why couldn't she explain this purchase to Bini beforehand just to clue him in and save him the embarrassment? It seems like she is constantly thinking of ways with this Leandro story line to humiliate, embarrass and hurt her husband. Maybe she's getting back at him for that dance number he did last season with his ex girlfriend. I just felt for Bini watching the pain in his face, sitting quietly, respectfully during the gift opening segment. I was once okay with Ari but now I see what a manipulating, cruel and self-serving person she is. I suspect her marriage will eventually fail because of her deep insecurities with herself.

• Love 16

The bra request was completely reasonable.  The fact that she apparently didn't tell Bini about it beforehand was not.  My guess is, most Ethiopian women don't wear bras, and she's afraid of the lack of support/sagging she's seen on so many women.  Completely get it.  What I don't get is why she wouldn't have discussed this with Bini beforehand.  Just wanted to watch him squirm, POS that she is.

Leandro seems like too good of a guy for her.  They mentioned his girlfriend....wonder if she's ok with all of this?  Maybe she & Bini should get together.

• Love 13