Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm doing fairly well but my pronunciation needs work. Lots of work. I had five years of high school French and find that I default to French pronunciation sometimes. But I soldier on. My son and I practice and he's so chuffed that I'm learning it. 

Ok, the "five years of high school" is confusing me. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I want Caleb and Alina to put on their seat belts!

It is kind of sad watching them go their separate ways. But they just aren’t well-matched. It’s hard enough to overcome language/cultural differences when a couple is from different countries. But there are a lot of other hurdles for these two.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

Secrets Of Playboy documentary on Lifetime/A&E channel on Monday nights. Really eye opening story of Hugh Hefner and playboy and all the stuff that went on behind the scenes. 

I tried it but it was just too disturbing. I stuck it out for the Bill Cosby doc, though. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Girls everywhere around the world just fall on his penis anytime anywhere

Funny. I no longer fall on penis. I just don't have the patience for it anymore.  I can deal with long-term penis, but not passing penis. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
Just now, Suzywriter said:

Alina is quite a baby. I imagine that she has been working her 'difference' to guilt everyone into doing what she wants for her entire life. She can't believe that someone is saying "no" to her. 

Good assessment.  Caleb is a douchebag but no pretense that he doesn't want an intimate relationship with her.  

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I hate math so much that if it was a person, I would murder it. 

Oh my god, SAME. My older brother is a total math genius, and all the math teachers were licking their chops when I arrived on the scene. I disappointed them all with mad abandon. I managed to flunk Algebra TWICE. they tried to get me to take it again my senior year but I put my foot down. "I've already failed it twice! What makes you think I could pass it a third time?" It is just incomprehensible to me. 

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I hate math so much that if it was a person, I would murder it. 

Bwahaha! I was watching a college wrestling meet the other night, and on screen were: each school's national ranking; the wrestlers' national rankings; the meet score: that bout's scoring; the match number of 3; the match clock countdown. And finally I yelled at the screen, "TOO MANY F#$*!#%G NUMBERS!"

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Funny. I no longer fall on penis. I just don't have the patience for it anymore.  I can deal with long-term penis, but not passing penis. 

I hear you. I am turning 50 and I can already see I am going to be all out fucks for men's foolishness in my 50's. 😂 I stay with the same man because it's the devil you know.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Has anyone else watched "Wolf Like Me" on Peacock? I was on the fence about it but the scene at the end in the Outback made it all worthwhile.

I just started watched today but I only got through 4 episodes.  I’m also on the fence but I’ll keep watching…

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh my god, SAME. My older brother is a total math genius, and all the math teachers were licking their chops when I arrived on the scene. I disappointed them all with mad abandon. I managed to flunk Algebra TWICE. they tried to get me to take it again my senior year but I put my foot down. "I've already failed it twice! What makes you think I could pass it a third time?" It is just incomprehensible to me. 

I personally think math is one of my favorite school subjects. I aced all of my high school math classes, so I'm good.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Damn I wanted to see Kimberly try to be sexy and fail and get rejected again. 

I think Kimbelly/Userman and What's her name/Johnny were skipped so that TLC could burn off all the Alina/Caleb scenes.

• Useful 13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Amazingly enough, I was a floorplan draftsperson in my first life. Math math math, trig and calculus (which I never ever used for any floorplans). I passed them because they were related to concrete THINGS. I can figure out sewing patterns and adustments at a glance. 

Math for the sake of math is evil. I imagine the numbers flying into the wall and landing in a heap on the floor, hoplessly tangled and unreadable. Hate. Hate. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Ok, the "five years of high school" is confusing me. 

OK, so it actually started in 7th grade (French 1A).  8th (French 1B). 9th, 2. 10th 3. 11th 4. 12th 5. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Hotel Snarker said:

In 2 weeks????? Gosh damn it the Super Bowl...AAARGH!

I'm actually looking forward to the break.  They just continually pump out these shows so next week will be like a little vacation and we'll all come back refreshed and snarkier than ever the following week!

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

I watch the Super Bowl only when my team is in it. 

No more Tom Brady. I think people love or hate him. I had a coworker whose daughter dated him when he went to U of M and she said he was a nice guy and treated her daughter well. I like silly ass Gronk. 😂

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I hear you. I am turning 50 and I can already see I am going to be all out fucks for men's foolishness in my 50's. 😂 I stay with the same man because it's the devil you know.

Wait until you're 72 like I am. I constantly think to myself, "You guys think I'm invisible?! Honeychiles, if you only knew!" 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

No more Tom Brady. I think people love or hate him. I had a coworker whose daughter dated him when he went to U of M and she said he was a nice guy and treated her daughter well. I like silly ass Gronk. 😂

LOL, I'm as Boston as they come and I hate him. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6