Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

So from now on, everyone in jury will know about the CO. Well, obviously the actual CO members, but first the others. I'm hoping for lots of jury house footage to see how they're taking it. 

It just occurred to me that finally SB might feel like she belongs as they figure things out and compare betrayals. Who knows? She might handle this all pretty well once she understands what was actually happening, and that it wasn't personal. (Except for Tiffany, but her sympathy vote will mask that fact.) 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

I just love the fact that not only did they have the CO but then they each had an outside partner. This really helped hide the alliance. 

"Partner" doesn't seem like quite the right word to me; to me it implies knowledge sharing and working toward a common goal. "Stooge" isn't quite right, either, but it seems closer to me than "partner." 

Either way, the CO is well on its way, and I'm glad for it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, they’re all gonna be fine with it. They’re gonna think it’s genius tbh.

Yeah, the people actually IN the house who are DIRECTLY affected by it are much less upset about it than the world of thinkpieces out there.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

Partner" doesn't seem like quite the right word to me; to me it implies knowledge sharing and working toward a common goal. "Stooge" isn't quite right, either, but it seems closer to me than "partner." 

I like how the CO members just refer to their "person". I'm not sure how all the persons are going to feel about this. 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

It's the exact strategy that the Brigade used in BB12, right? Only this is a larger alliance, so it encompassed pretty much the entire house! :)

EXACTLY.  Which is why I'm not that impressed by what they did. It's tried and true Big Brother as of late.  Though I do give them credit for not meeting early on (or pretty much ever...) like the Brigade did.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Slider said:

EXACTLY.  Which is why I'm not that impressed by what they did. It's tried and true Big Brother as of late.  Though I do give them credit for not meeting early on (or pretty much ever...) like the Brigade did.

Oh, I totally agree that while they're doing a good job, they're just doing the same as the Brigade. I think the Brigade did a very nice job. If Tiffany or Xavier wins, I'd consider them right up there with Hayden of the Brigade as one of the best winners the show has had, because the Brigade WAS very effective, just like the Cookout. 

But the fact that this IS just like the Brigade, right down to the lack of drama at the end of that season (those dudes REALLY didn't care about their side "people") is also why it is so silly when people try to complain about this season as being a disappointment in particular. It's literally the Brigade again, only with a non-White Bro alliance at the center.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

When Azah made a mistake and got disqualified, I guess he thought since he was supposed to be the one to drop before Azah then he was next in line to have HOH thrown to him. But nah once Azah was out, it was fair game for either of them. 

Thank you for clarifying! I didn’t get to see the comp, so I didn’t know Azah was actually disqualified. That seems to justify Tiff’s decision to go for it, although I guess X and Ky don’t see it that way.

9 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Alyssa seems oblivious to the fact that attractiveness is only partially a result of who has the most symmetrical face, biggest eyes, smoothest skin, etc. Personality and charisma are a huge part of it and she seems completely unaware of this. In her reality, she's the prettiest, and everyone is jealous of her and wants to be her. 

It’s weird, because I don’t find Alyssa attractive at all. There’s something about the severe angularity of her jawline that I find very off-putting. (I should say that I don’t like criticizing the appearance of women as a rule, but she’s the one who keeps bringing it up, so, fair game.) I think Azah is gorgeous, more so because she doesn’t talk about it.

2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

So from now on, everyone in jury will know about the CO. Well, obviously the actual CO members, but first the others. I'm hoping for lots of jury house footage to see how they're taking it. 

It will be interesting to see what happens when the first CO member arrives. Will they be initially shunned or congratulated? I also wonder how that person will feel when they learn about Ky’s goodbye messages. Probably pretty upset, unless it’s Ky. (Please let it be Ky.)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

It will be interesting to see what happens when the first CO member arrives. 

Imagine how anxious they're going to feel as they walk into the lion's den? They won't know if everyone will welcome them, scream at them, or just treat them with icy silence. Either way I'm getting my popcorn ready. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Slider said:

Straight girl here, but I don't think she's that pretty.  She's not ugly, but I don't think she's drop dead gorgeous.  Sorry.

And I can't stand it when she's in the DR and her hair glows purple.  That really bugs me. 

Gay dude's opinion: Next to Azah, I genuinely forget Alyssa exists.

Gamewise, the reverse is somewhat true.

ETA: Ha, jinx!

Edited by PhoneCop
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Imagine how anxious they're going to feel as they walk into the lion's den? They won't know if everyone will welcome them, scream at them, or just treat them with icy silence. Either way I'm getting my popcorn ready. 

Does CBS post jury house footage, like with Survivor and the Ponderosa videos? If so, when do they start putting them up? I looked last week and couldn’t find anything. 

5 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Does CBS post jury house footage, like with Survivor and the Ponderosa videos? If so, when do they start putting them up? I looked last week and couldn’t find anything. 

I've never seen any. I'd watch if there was some though. I always watch the Ponderosa videos. 

14 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

They show some on the show, but not beyond that, no. 

I've always heard that CBS's BB jury house is more for show, and that many of them actually stay at a hotel, especially the late jury members.

As for Survivor Ponderosa visits, most Ponderosas have a lot of fun. They eat and be merry. I think Survivor is less personal of a game (unless you go all Jeff Varner on people). And Survivor contestants are generally more mature than BB contestants.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I've always heard that CBS's BB jury house is more for show, and that many of them actually stay at a hotel, especially the late jury members.

Why would they do this? Don't they need them all sequestered together rather than sitting alone in rooms? 

11 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

As for the great "Is Alyssa hot?" debate, I'm firmly in the "Yes, she and Azah are both uncommonly attractive women" camp. 

Ha- this is starting to remind me of the “Hillary Swank: Hot or not?” debate on The Office.

I would like to add that I find Hannah absolutely adorable. If I were a straight guy (or lesbian), she’s the one I’d be drawn to.

Edited by 30 Helens
Not all guys are straight!
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Melina22 said:

Why would they do this? Don't they need them all sequestered together rather than sitting alone in rooms? 

They were alone in rooms before the game. I guess they could send them back to the same rooms? So based on what Lady Whistleup said, I guess the garden where Britini appeared to kick statues all day was just a set? Thats’s disappointing.. although not surprising.

• Useful 1
Just now, 30 Helens said:

They were alone in rooms before the game. I guess they could send them back to the same rooms? So based on what Lady Whistleup said, I guess the garden where Britini appeared to kick statues all day was just a set? Thats’s disappointing.. although not surprising.

I think they do spend some time at the jury house for filmed segments. Just that the later jury members stay at a hotel with their handlers. 

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I think they do spend some time at the jury house for filmed segments. Just that the later jury members stay at a hotel with their handlers. 

I'm genuinely shocked by this. Are we 100% sure it's true? The show has always strongly implied that the jurors live in the jury house. If not, it would be like finding out the Ponderosa is just a local restaurant, not a place the Survivors actually go to when they're evicted. 

Also, aren't there frequent comments about showmances finally getting to be together in the jury house? 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I'm genuinely shocked by this. Are we 100% sure it's true? The show has always strongly implied that the jurors live in the jury house. If not, it would be like finding out the Ponderosa is just a local restaurant, not a place the Survivors actually go to when they're evicted. 

Also, aren't there frequent comments about showmances finally getting to be together in the jury house? 

Here's a reddit thread where they say that the late jury stays in a hotel.

• Useful 2
15 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

My understanding is the JH serves as full-time residence for all jurors except the last two:

1. Due to the radically short timeline between eviction and Finale Night, the F4 evictee does not join the rest of the jurors in the JH; instead, they are sequestered in a local hotel room - and to the best of my knowledge are the only juror so sequestered.
  2. The F3 eviction doesn’t take place until Finale Night, so neither the JH nor a hotel room is an option for this juror.
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

If not, it would be like finding out the Ponderosa is just a local restaurant,

Ah, Ponderosa! My very first job. Now I’m overcome with memories of drunken closing parties and 25-year-old managers who liked to grope all the cute 16-year-old girls. I was a kickass order taker and expediter, BTW. 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I'm not buying "Tiff is now saying she's happy with 6th".  She is in the HOH speaking to the camera right now saying if she just wanted to win HOH for the pictures and letters, she could have just stayed home.  She wants the power, and she is here to win.  Right out of her mouth to the cameras.

Now, she shot herself in the foot by winning this HOH, but trust me.  She's playing to win, not playing to happily finish 6th. 

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Now, she shot herself in the foot by winning this HOH, but trust me.  She's playing to win, not playing to happily finish 6th. 

Good.  I want to see that fight in her.  And if the CO women want to see two of them as the finalists, I hope they are already strategizing their plan for that, because the guys will think nothing of getting them out as soon as they are the final 6.  Next Thursday could be very interesting.

• Love 3

My take on Alyssa - she was the prettiest/hottest girl in her high school, possibly in not only her grade but the grades on either side and she was probably voted 8th grade/high school "Hall of Fame Prettiest".  Apart from Azah, by conventional standards, she is the most beautiful woman in the cast this season, and that is demonstrated by her acknowledging Azah's good fashion sense by borrowing her clothes for the live eviction shows, etc.  I suspect that she viewed Whitney as a "former hot girl" since two babies gave Whitney an ass and thighs that she probably didn't have when she was Alyssa's age.  Hopefully time and life will teach Alyssa that her figure and looks might fade but, as we all know from Beauty and the Beast "true beauty comes from within."

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

They don't want them talking "game" when the cameras aren't around.

16 minutes ago, blixie said:

Tiffany is talking about how great/swaggalicious Chris Brown is and now I want Chaddah to beat her.

Ugh, and just like that Tiffany is no longer my favourite.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Ky and Azah having a really interesting conversation in the kitchen right now. How Azah's parents came to the US, her upbringing, her desires, what she wants in a man, and Ky is being the best Ky in that he's hearing her and being understanding, and I love the both of them right now.  

Sorry, I'll be snarky later, but this is just a really lovely conversation. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, blixie said:

Tiffany is talking about how great/swaggalicious Chris Brown is and now I want Chaddah to beat her.

We she's not winning fan favorite.

2 hours ago, blixie said:

Sounds like PoV is in the basement. There is a BASEMENT?! Anyway that is why no lockdown.

Yes, there is a basement.  That's where the anal lice live.  No, seriously.  That's where the Baroness hosted the hacker competition where Brent came up with anallice  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

Hopefully time and life will teach Alyssa that her figure and looks might fade but, as we all know from Beauty and the Beast "true beauty comes from within."

Or Judge Judy. “Beauty fades, dumb is forever.”

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Tiff talking to X and Hannah, giving her takes on the other COs:

Deref: Acts like he’s not playing, but is much smarter than he appears. Is well positioned to be #2 for many people, which makes him dangerous.

Azah: Is not playing at all. Has no interest in playing with Tiff because she doesn’t respect her. Is most closely aligned with Deref. Doesn’t trust Ky or Hannah.

Ky: Is trying to suck the brainpower from Hannah. Aligned with SB because he thought he was smart, and is transferring that attachment to Hannah. Is playing the hardest of anyone.

Tiff: Expects to go at 6 or 5. Wants to align with Hannah and X to get them all further. Knows that everyone has been jockeying for weeks, and those who say they haven’t thought beyond 6 are lying. Except Azah.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Tiff and Hannah whispering: Their plan is to dump Deref and Azah first. They think it wouldn’t be the worst if Claire won HoH next and dumped Deref for them. Then they could lose Claire after. After that, probably Ky but maybe X would be better— they’ll decide then.

Hannah and Alyssa: Hannah pledged her vote to Alyssa vs Ky. She convinces Alyssa that being next to Ky gives her a better chance to stay than against X. Alyssa says she will not pull a Ky and cook and clean in a bid to stay. She will make rational arguments and they will work or not, same as Christian.

Encyclopedia Hannah is positive Zingbot is coming tomorrow. She thinks the comp will be the faces puzzle. 

She predicts her zing will be about Enzo, and it’s her own fault for talking about a creepy crush over a 40-year-old man on TV.  She jokes that Ky’s zing will just be Zingbot talking for 20 minutes. (To his credit, Ky laughs and agrees.)

Earlier tonight, I was watching “What We Do in the Shadows” and realized: Ky is an energy vampire. He is Colin Robinson, minus the fascination with poop buckets. (I think.)

• LOL 9
  • Love 1