Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

On 8/12/2021 at 12:35 AM, Opine said:

I truly think that without a pedigree or recommendation, they make you come back the second year to make you prove you want it.

Maybe, but in a large field of dancers you need to be good and stand out to be noticed. I can see how the judges can miss a good dancer when you have to watch hundreds. And it’s possible that they just weren’t good enough/messed up  first time round.

On 8/12/2021 at 12:46 AM, Teriyaki Terror said:

I also think if you made it to TC the prior year and got cut you should go directly to finals if you reaudition

I politely disagree here. I won’t go into questionable cuts here, but generally you are cut for a reason: As in not good enough (yet). They know what you were capable of and need to see you can do more. That makes them perfect candidates for the first few rounds. 

• Love 7
On 8/12/2021 at 5:25 AM, Rodeo Drive said:

On 8/12/2021 at 5:25 AM, Rodeo Drive said:

I have arrived. Lemon Bus and Dr. Manhattan have nothing on me. 

Confused here! Definitely Dr. manhattan style, but…

I’m not sure what this message means or refers to? I thought “to have nothing on someone” meant to have no evidence against… which doesn’t make sense when you read LB and Dr Manhattan’s messages??

• Love 2
8 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Orrrrrr you're just DrM in disguise  🤣

Can someone please remind me which new Rookies were cut last season?  I really can't remember who is new and who is a prev TCC.  Thank you in advance! 

Tori and Ashlinn from last training camp

Madeline S from the 2019 training camp 

so happy for all the come back girls! 

• Love 8

I am very excited about this season. I'm don't quite he grasp the griping about lack of info. We've seem to get the tea in pretty quick order.

I never thought I would be defending Kelli, but I actually consider her quite successful at her job, by almost every OBJECTIVE measure. 

I have lots of problems with the morality of professional cheerleading. To me it seems very anti women and sets terrible aspirational examples for young women. However, under her stewardship DCC are definitely the best. I view pro cheerleading similar to child beauty pageants, disturbing and compelling.

CMT has so many storylines to cover. Hopefully, they won't manufacture any drama.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21

Jinelle would be lovely, but a lot like Shelly IMO…great information but low on the tea! Plus where Shelly brings the sass, Jinelle seems very sweet. Tho truly I welcome any and all peeps affiliated with the DCC and Dallas dance community to jump in. Everyone has a difference experience and perspective to share. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Confused here! Definitely Dr. manhattan style, but…

I’m not sure what this message means or refers to?

It means if you think you've heard stuff you ain't heard nothing yet.  We about to have a rodeo.  And someone always gets gored at a rodeo.

At least that's what I think. 

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, hypeman said:

CMT has so many storylines to cover. Hopefully, they won't manufacture any drama.

That’s the thing, the job of being a DCC and the try-outs to get there are compelling enough on their own. No need to manufacture bullshit drama at the expense of accomplished young women for ratings. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

18 minutes ago, Trixi said:

That’s the thing, the job of being a DCC and the try-outs to get there are compelling enough on their own. No need to manufacture bullshit drama at the expense of accomplished young women for ratings. 

No need to manufacture drama but it still happens. The well known Malena cut was manufactured. Malena was miles off, had a pattern of not being able to remember routines (was the first Flight Crew member that didn’t dance - do you think that Denise Garvey isn’t able to tell if someone messes up? Denise is a ex-DCC) and they (TPTB) kept her to be cut for drama’s sake.

There are countless examples of manufactured drama.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

No need to manufacture drama but it still happens. The well known Malena cut was manufactured. Malena was miles off, had a pattern of not being able to remember routines (was the first Flight Crew member that didn’t dance - do you think that Denise Garvey isn’t able to tell if someone messes up? Denise is a ex-DCC) and they (TPTB) kept her to be cut for drama’s sake.

The Malena storyline was always mind boggling to me. Kelli and Judy go on constantly about the amount of choreography required to be a DCC — specifically how it’s more than any other NFL cheerleading squad. They talk about the utmost importance of learning quickly. Then you take a young lady into training cap that was cut from a lesser team for *not remembering choreography.* Like, what???

• Love 24

Thought this was interesting post from Cassie! And sorta on topic as Caroline is current DCC. I wish some one had asked her why Caroline got moved back in the triangle lol. 

A947A2DC-CF40-433A-964A-DF2C14030E66.jpeg

Edited by evasworld123
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Madeline S and Tori!! Yay!

To me last season was an anomaly with girls applying who in an ordinary world would not apply as they are more interested in dance careers... oh hello, Alora.

The fact that Tori came back and this is Madeline S' third time applying shows their dedication to DCC.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Oh yes, I agree, just dont see the need for it but understand its part of the reality show MO. I just wanna see more dancing and backstories, thats what I enjoy about the show. 

Edited by Trixi
Spelling
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, evasworld123 said:

Thought this was interesting post from Cassie! And sorta on topic as Caroline is current DCC. I wish some one had asked her why Caroline got moved back in the triangle lol. 

A947A2DC-CF40-433A-964A-DF2C14030E66.jpeg

I like how she phrases this, though...she likes to watch these dancers particularly in technical/modern/lyrical.  That's where quite a few of these dancers truly shine.  I absolutely adore Carisa and Jacie, would watch them all day doing whatever style they wanted, and I think Caroline is tremendously talented too.  But I think she's where she is in the triangle because while she has a good attitude and she's a technical dancer, she just isn't as fun to watch in the DCC pom/hip hop style as the gals in the triangle.  There is just a glut of good talent on the team right now.  

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, Whumc19 said:

Stealing this from Reddit (Hopefully this does not break any rules) DCC 2021

DCC 2021.jpg

Yes!!!! 📣Go team Madeline S, Tori, and Ashlinn!! Actually kinda excited for the season premiere now. I wasn't lol  Last year for me was just dread with the Hannah, Brennan, and Lily's cut looming over it. I want  to see this play out for the 3 ladies and watch Tori get SG! 😁 Yay. 

• Love 12
On 8/7/2021 at 2:46 AM, JayDKay said:

Kat on showgroup and Erin not, isn't really that surprising to me. Showgroup don't really do any other dances than the ones they already know, they aren't doing 1hr long shows for USO tours anymore. Once they get the dances downpat, it's all about power and Kat gives that. Erin is a little blah to me. 

I'm so happy Chandi and Ashlee are in the triangle. 

I agree 💯!!   I can't deny that I still see Erin with the same lack of power as she presented herself the first year she made TCC (and was the first cut).

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 8/7/2021 at 4:12 AM, Kamal said:

I know people will roast me for making this comment but I wanted either Ellie or Dani over Jayln for SG.

Dani is the next Rachel in beauty!! (But with better eyes!)

I can't say that I wanted Ellie and/or Dani over Jaylyn......I can't be more happy for her (J)  I think she is an exquisite dancer with an abundance of power ~ and I personally think she's beautiful...........but I definitely was expecting and hoping for E and D to make SG as well!   

And yes, I agree, Dani is absolutely the equivalent in beauty as Rachel and way more expressive in her eyes!! 

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, KoKo said:

I agree 💯!!   I can't deny that I still see Erin with the same lack of power as she presented herself the first year she made TCC (and was the first cut).

At least she's not falling over all the time like she did in that 1st TC. I don't understand how someone with her training had balance issues like that. Unless she had something like an ear problem that was causing it.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Rodeo Drive said:

I have arrived.

Lemon Bus and Dr. Manhattan have nothing on me. 

Lol you can't just say that and not give any info on anything. PROVE ITTT.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

2021 Rookies (the numbers indicate the order of cuts)

Amber

Ashlinn

Christina

Jensen 

Kaydianna

Kellee

Kleine

Lea

Madeline

Megan

Rebecca

Tori

Tyra

51F5ECFE-F88C-4BC8-9B5F-FB5CB74282A0.png

Are we sure Madeline S. made it?

She just changed her profile pic where she is likely at Disney world/land. It is no different than Presley posting a beach photo. Yes, both of these photos may be old. Please clarify how we know this is the final team?

B1BBC0CD-D012-4DF8-9DD1-578DDE6DFE3C.jpeg

• Useful 2
36 minutes ago, ByTor said:

At least she's not falling over all the time like she did in that 1st TC. I don't understand how someone with her training had balance issues like that. Unless she had something like an ear problem that was causing it.

12 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

She just changed her profile pic where she is likely at Disney world/land. It is no different than Presley posting a beach photo. Yes, both of these photos may be old. Please clarify how we know this is the final team?

B1BBC0CD-D012-4DF8-9DD1-578DDE6DFE3C.jpeg

Yes she did she went to Disney back in 2018 and regarding Presley it was screen shot of ig story and anyone from Texas knows there isn’t any nice beaches here 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Rodeo Drive said:

I have arrived.

Lemon Bus and Dr. Manhattan have nothing on me. 

Seems like you are a little late to the party, or is there more that you know?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yes she did she went to Disney back in 2018 and regarding Presley it was screen shot of ig story and anyone from Texas knows there isn’t any nice beaches here 

She’s wearing a mask in the photo. That Disney photo is fairly current - from 2020 or 2021.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

The fact that Tori came back and this is Madeline S' third time applying shows their dedication to DCC.

It's interesting, some of these girls' commitment. It boggles my mind...in a good way, I guess. Like, making TC one year and then not making it the next would be so demoralizing. I'd be like, 'Guess they don't want me, PERIOD, that's it,' and force myself to move on. But Madeline and Christina for example, and I'm sure there are others, made it to TC and then didn't (Christina multiple times I think lol), and then eventually made it again. I'd just skulk away with my tail between my legs lmao

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

And the beaches are 4 to 6 hours away.  The only nice beaches are South Padre and that is 8 or 9 hours away I think.  So not a day trip to the beach.

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

And the beaches are 4 to 6 hours away.  The only nice beaches are South Padre and that is 8 or 9 hours away I think.  So not a day trip to the beach.

No one really knows if Presley’s beach photo is current or old, which was also questioned by @Holly85.  Anyone looking at a map knows Dallas isn’t on a coast line. Disneyland/world is also no where near Dallas, but Madeline was there fairly recently (mask on). My inquiry was more wondering how people knew Madeline S. made it? Was there other info posted on FB or Reddit? I only follow this forum. 

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

54 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

She’s wearing a mask in the photo. That Disney photo is fairly current - from 2020 or 2021.

50 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Well I know she made it 

Well, the facts are there.

A squad of 36.

All TCC cuts were triple confirmed before the last 2 cuts and Ava & Presley were the last 2 cuts.

Beside Madeline posting about being at Dynamic Sports Medicine in Dallas we got the double confirmation about Presley and Ava (besides the circumstancial evidence from their social media).

If we know the last cuts, we do not need an extra confirmation that Madeline made it because we know it is a squad of 36.

We can safely say: we know the 36 members of the DCC 2021 squad.

Edited by Pau84
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

No one really knows if Presley’s beach photo is current or old, which was also questioned by @Holly85.  Anyone looking at a map knows Dallas isn’t on a coast line. Disneyland/world is also no where near Dallas, but Madeline was there fairly recently (mask on). My inquiry was more wondering how people knew Madeline S. made it? Was there other info posted on FB or Reddit? I only follow this forum. 

It was also posted on Reddit 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

She was named also on this forum as making the team by a reliable insider but it was a few pages back 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

Well, the facts are there.

A squad of 36.

All TCC cuts were triple confirmed before the last 2 cuts and Ava & Presley were the last 2 cuts.

Beside Madeline posting about being at Dynamic Sports Medicine in Dallas we got the double confirmation about Presley and Ava (besides the circumstancial evidence from their social media).

If we know the last cuts, we do not need an extra confirmation that Madeline made it because we know it is a squad of 36.

We can safely say: we know the 36 members of the DCC 2021 squad.

True - we don’t need extra confirmation, as it is a process of elimination. All the other earlier cuts were proven to be true over time even if highly speculative when first leaked. It seems like Presley was only confirmed by a beach photo though, and Madeline’s photo was not much different 🤷‍♀️

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I always thought Erin was trying to dance lower than she should given how tall she seems and it was throwing off her balance. You know the moves when she was squatting to the ground. i'm only 5'3" so my center of gravity is much closer to the ground. Note, I'm the worst dancer with no training just my thoughts when I see that...

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Well I know she made it 

I always believe anything you say Holly. I will never forget reading in real time your post about seeing Holly P. In the club with the players. It was wild to have heard about over the summer then watch it play out in the show.  I'm glad Madeline made it. Another Legacy! I look forward to seeing how she improved to make it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
20 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I always believe anything you say Holly. I will never forget reading in real time your post about seeing Holly P. In the club with the players. It was wild to have heard about over the summer then watch it play out in the show.  I'm glad Madeline made it. Another Legacy! I look forward to seeing how she improved to make it.

I didn’t see holly p in a club must got me mixed up with someone else 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I don’t remember the picture now but there are sections of beach in Galveston nice enough for a pic. With cropping. Lol. That’s four hours away? Been a few years since I last went and I drank a lot. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I don’t remember the picture now but there are sections of beach in Galveston nice enough for a pic. With cropping. Lol. That’s four hours away? Been a few years since I last went and I drank a lot. 

Diffently not Galveston 

A902F284-B1E1-43A9-A1D3-22B26A176ED0.jpeg

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Lol you can't just say that and not give any info on anything. PROVE ITTT.

Yeah I had that same reaction to the supposed new insider. After Dr. Manhattan implied that TPTB were amusing themselves by watching our reaction to info from insiders, I'm a bit suspicious of a newcomer making big claims.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Yeah I had that same reaction to the supposed new insider. After Dr. Manhattan implied that TPTB were amusing themselves by watching our reaction to info from insiders, I'm a bit suspicious of a newcomer making big claims.

Anyone can claim to be an insider. Until they actually provide insider info IMO they are just trolling. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I didn’t see holly p in a club must got me mixed up with someone else 

Maybe thinking PollyHowell? I sometimes get confused😂

• Love 2
9 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

The Malena storyline was always mind boggling to me. Kelli and Judy go on constantly about the amount of choreography required to be a DCC — specifically how it’s more than any other NFL cheerleading squad. They talk about the utmost importance of learning quickly. Then you take a young lady into training cap that was cut from a lesser team for *not remembering choreography.* Like, what???

Yeah…that was a head scratcher. 

• Love 6