Type keyword(s) to search

Crystal Minkoff: She Already Knows Everyone Who Matters

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 2/9/2024 at 12:21 PM, SassyCat said:

I say she has grown a bit because in an after show interview where she talked about her mother and herself calling her brother 100 times a day during the lock down period, trying to get him to come home (and he did).  She also admitted she was the cause of current rift between herself and her brother because of that, and the entailing break up of her brothers relationship with Vivi. She said it caused her brother to lose trust in her, and you could see the pain in her face from knowing and accepting it was her fault. Admitting fault within herself while being filmed.. an unexpected moment of truth, on a reality show.

Also maybe because she has that super successful coconut water business, and doesn't need to ride her entire existence upon her husbands coattails. 

But she still said in a confessional (those are normally taped later, and many after the season filming ends) that she knows what's best for her brother (a guy who is 42 years old), which tells me she didn't regret what she did. 

As for the "super successful" coconut water business, this is her and her brother's company, it's an independent company (meaning it's not part of the portfolio of a large conglomerate which can advertise, finance it, etc.), and new companies are on the red for a long time, and then they may eventually have some profit. So, yes, she depends on her husband financially, especially after seeing her lifestyle. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
On 2/14/2024 at 8:16 PM, Surrealist said:

Screenshot_20240214_191518_Instagram~2.jpg

I like her dress, but I don't like the hairstyle, like I don't like it on others either. It seems it's trendy for some time.

47 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

I like her dress, but I don't like the hairstyle, like I don't like it on others either. It seems it's trendy for some time.

I do not like Crystal’s hair at all. It reminds me of Elsa’s hair in “The Menu.”

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Just saw that Crystal is not coming back.  Bummer.  I liked her.

Aw I wish her well. She is probably too normal to be on the show longterm. I hope we still have Garcelle and Sutton. 

• Like 11
11 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Bye Crystal. I always thought she was too nice for this show. Hope she’s happy with her husband and kids. 

Yes, Crystal's beautiful children and sweet husband >>> Housewives. 

• Like 6
(edited)

Too bad about Crystal. Although she didn’t have have dramatic storylines, she was a real housewife. Wealthy, nice family, designers goods and lovely home. 
Id much rather watch her than watch Kyle as she navigates her new life separate from Mauricio. With that fake cry voice breaking.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Crystal was not asked back by the Bravo producers. They said she offered all she had to offer to the show. So, the reason is her lack of story line. Her feud with AnneMarie didn't help. 

https://m.imdb.com/news/ni64538422/?ref_=nm_nwr_2

I'm so thankful for small favors. I can't stand this woman. Always sitting in the corner, measuring everyone's words, ready to be triggered and anxious.

delivert-church.gif

59 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Is that a real account?! Crystal doesn’t normally go in hard on anyone. 

Nah. But it's still funny, and would be great if someone actually said that to AM.

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Too bad about Crystal. Although she didn’t have have dramatic storylines, she was a real housewife. Wealthy, nice family, designers goods and lovely home. 
Id much rather watch her than watch Kyle as she navigates her new life separate from Mauricio. With that fake cry voice breaking.

Between her and Annemarie leaving, the cast looks a lot more white.  Not a good thing.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Crystal was not asked back by the Bravo producers. They said she offered all she had to offer to the show. So, the reason is her lack of story line. Her feud with AnneMarie didn't help. 

So Crystal loses her spot because she doesn’t muster up some false drama “storyline” passed off as reality, on a reality show. I really hate the word “storyline” and what it denotes. 

Look what insanity the term inspires so many of these women to act like. Looking at you Rinna, Annemarie, Kyle. (And not looking at Erica..ewww… her reality is down right disturbing).

Dorit with her fake accent lessons to be presented as her real reality to try and appear more Lovey Howell-like to fit in with the real moneyed peers she wants to rub elbows with. 

What do these producers expect from people just trying to live a normal happy life in their beautiful homes with large bank accounts at the ready to cater to their material needs and desires? It’s always the actress wanna bees 🐝 who come up with something negative, magnified to “entertain” us plebeians with. Spotlight hogs mud mucking. 

Gotta throw in some broken glass held up to the neck of a coworker, or the constant tear down of another one who isn’t the glass shard wielding type. Such entertaining fun from the upper echelons of society living Riley lives. 🙄

No normalcy or content happy family daily lifestyles desired in their bizarro backwards definition of a Reality show. 

Go Fly Crystal! Fly free and joyfully!                                                                         Less stress is a good thing!

• Like 13
(edited)

She really doesn't have the desperation (be it monetary or fame/attention driven) that is shared by the most iconic housewives.  She seems to live an upscale life of the stable variety with enough sense to keep her feet on the ground. Since her arrival on the scene I have had the sense she is a mean girl at heart and luckily landed in a marriage that allows her to rub shoulders with people she deems more worthy of her time.  I still view her as a trophy wife not unlike what Erika thought she was getting herself into, just less trashy in her conduct and demeanor.  I was going to say smarter than, but Erika is actually far from stupid in the street smarts sense at least.  Crystal came in her first season swinging at the low hanging fruit (Sutton) which in the end was a bust and waste of time on her part.  I think aligning herself with Sutton and Garcelle from the start would have been a better move on her part than looking to make her mark by taking one of them down for no good reason other than they were not part of the self-appointed cool girl tribe.

Edited by ichbin
  • Like 8
10 hours ago, Wicked said:

I'm sorry to see her go, I wish Dorit was leaving instead.  Dorit brings nothing to the table, imo

I agree. Sadly, Dorit might have saved her job by getting into it with Kyle.

• Like 6

So not-quite-a-9 lost her shit at a troll account, and went on to call Rob a liar (???) and Jeff a coke user (???) Plus the mysterious n-word allegation again. Does Slightly-Above-Average realize that feuding with a HW who’s now been let go will do nothing to get her un-fired?

I’m also pissed that Doorit probably feels smug now too. She’s years past her expiration date. But I guess Bravo doesn’t want to miss out on the inevitable divorce?

• Like 15
6 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I’m going to miss Rob. I enjoyed him so much.

Same. He’s adorkable. 

I really can’t picture Crystal using the n word, especially after all the grief she gave Sutton over what was nothing but an awkward conversation at the worst. 

Dorit used to be messy as heck as a newer Housewife, but it’s true she hasn’t been “engaged” for seasons now. 

• Like 8

BRAVO seems the type of network to fire someone (Crystal) over someone else (Dorit) because the former seems unbothered by the threat of dismissal.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, bosawks said:

BRAVO seems the type of network to fire someone (Crystal) over someone else (Dorit) because the former seems unbothered by the threat of dismissal.

knowing what we know about how Bravo deals with these women after all these years, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided if they got rid of Annemarie, they'd have to get rid of someone from the other side of the couch too. Like you said, Crystal would be least bothered. I wouldn't mind leaked tapes of Dorit groveling for her job, now that I think about it. She wouldn't be able to turn to Kyle to save her job; a) according to Kyle they're not close friends, and b) if Kyle had any pull, we'd still be suffering through Teddi

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Yikes. Annemarie is obsessed! This is way too much energy for someone who thought Crystal was boring.

She is just exhausting, bitter and gets more and more unlikeable with every post.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
48 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I still wanna know what that was about, but not by AnneMarie!

I think that Bravo contacted several women in this friend group, including Crystal. Supposedly, Crystal scoffed at the show, and this discouraged the other women from pursuing it. So when they learn that Crystal joined the cast, they’re upset. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

I only liked Crystal for going after AM. Otherwise, she annoyed me with her stuck up superiority. I’d liked to have seen if she kept this new version going another season tho. Especially, since when they add new people, they’re always like 8-1/2, fake try-hards

• Like 1
On 5/10/2024 at 8:24 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think that Bravo contacted several women in this friend group, including Crystal. Supposedly, Crystal scoffed at the show, and this discouraged the other women from pursuing it. So when they learn that Crystal joined the cast, they’re upset. 

Do you guys think it's possible what happened is what Crystal said? She said she told certain people it wouldn't be a good idea for them due to reasons. If I had a friend with something to hide, I'd discourage her from the show. If I had a friend who is super sensitive, I'd discourage her from the show. If I had a friend I think is likely to put her foot in her mouth and get loads of backlash, I'd discourage her from the show. You get the picture. If Crystal discouraged like 25 friends or whatever, that is def sus, but I can see it being totally possible she had several friends among the 14 who aren't suited for reality television. I love watching it, but it can be brutal. Crystal doesn't appear to have anything to hide. Her husband is supportive. She has other family members who are happy to film with her. She is also intelligent and strong enough to handle being in the public. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Do you guys think it's possible what happened is what Crystal said? She said she told certain people it wouldn't be a good idea for them due to reasons. If I had a friend with something to hide, I'd discourage her from the show. If I had a friend who is super sensitive, I'd discourage her from the show. If I had a friend I think is likely to put her foot in her mouth and get loads of backlash, I'd discourage her from the show. You get the picture. If Crystal discouraged like 25 friends or whatever, that is def sus, but I can see it being totally possible she had several friends among the 14 who aren't suited for reality television. I love watching it, but it can be brutal. Crystal doesn't appear to have anything to hide. Her husband is supportive. She has other family members who are happy to film with her. She is also intelligent and strong enough to handle being in the public. 

I like your explanation. I think it’s quite possible. But if I were Crystal, I would also add, “I am considering joining the cast. How would you feel about that?”

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I like your explanation. I think it’s quite possible. But if I were Crystal, I would also add, “I am considering joining the cast. How would you feel about that?”

Yes, I agree. Hopefully she wasn't all "why on earth would you ever consider doing that stupid show?" lol

• Like 4
  • Love 1