Type keyword(s) to search

Katie and Travis: Young Love?

• Start Topic

Hopefully Travis will convince Katie that a smaller family is better. 
I know all of the kids have had the whole “children are blessings” drilled into them from childhood but I still hope a few will say “ no thanks”.

I am the oldest of five. Back when I was a kid larger families were the norm. Still, when my mother had her last baby I was nine and I remember hoping that would be it. No one prompted me at all, it was just how I felt.

The only positive I can see is that in general the grandkids seem to be spaced out more than KJ and Gil’s kids were. With the exception of Tori’s kids and a couple of Alyssa’s and Erin’s there seems to be a spacing of at least 2 years between babies.  KJ had one every year.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
34 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I know all of the kids have had the whole “children are blessings” drilled into them from childhood but I still hope a few will say “ no thanks”.

All Katie has to do is take a look at how run down Alyssa is right now to see what a future of 5+ kids will be like. One thing I've noticed is that Katie doesn't seem to be pining for her family as much as she was before Hailey's birth. Hopefully the more she distances herself, the less pressure she'll feel to pop out a litter. 

• Like 11
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

All Katie has to do is take a look at how run down Alyssa is right now to see what a future of 5+ kids will be like. One thing I've noticed is that Katie doesn't seem to be pining for her family as much as she was before Hailey's birth. Hopefully the more she distances herself, the less pressure she'll feel to pop out a litter. 

I think if Katie lived around KJ & Gil there would be  a lot of pressure to “leave # of kids to God”. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

These two absolutely don’t need the extra income from exploiting their infant, though. It’s a choice. 

No, they don't need the income, but I think Katie's social media is mostly about attention and partly about competition with her sisters. I don't blame her about the attention part -- she never got much until she was old enough to marry -- and I think the competition part might be more habit than anything. 

I can't believe I'm defending a Bates, but Katie has come a long way in just a year or two. Some of her siblings, on the other hand, have regressed. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I think she has come to realize this. They did a video a few weeks ago about assumptions. Travis said that Katie is the one who wants to space their children. Katie said that they had agreed on 2-3 children and if their next child was a boy they may stop at 2. This is amazing that coming from her family that they actually discussed their family size as opposed to leaving it up to God. They both seem to be so in love with their little girl that they want to keep things the way they are for now. Good for them. And good for Hailey.

• Like 19
  • Mind Blown 1
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

I think if Katie lived around KJ & Gil there would be  a lot of pressure to “leave # of kids to God”. 

Oh, most definitely. Kelly would constantly be asking if Katie has baby fever or when they plan to give Hailey a sibling. I mean, how many times have we seen Erin longing for another baby when she literally has a six-month old in her arms? I think Katie will take note that the two sisters who seem to have the most fun and relative freedom (Carlin and Josie) are also the ones with the fewest number of kids. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

No, they don't need the income, but I think Katie's social media is mostly about attention and partly about competition with her sisters. I don't blame her about the attention part -- she never got much until she was old enough to marry -- and I think the competition part might be more habit than anything. 

Getting attention by exploiting your small children on SM for millions of strangers doesn’t seem like a healthy way to get your needs met, imo. I wish these people would realize that.

1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

They did a video a few weeks ago about assumptions. Travis said that Katie is the one who wants to space their children.

About whose assumptions? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

Assumptions from people who write in with questions. Travis said that people assume that Katie is the one who wants children close in age. When in reality Katie wants to space the children and he wants them close in age. He said that he and his brother were so close growing up and he would like that for his kids. But he did say it's up to Katie. Seems like a well thought out plan.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
11 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Assumptions from people who write in with questions. Travis said that people assume that Katie is the one who wants children close in age. When in reality Katie wants to space the children and he wants them close in age. He said that he and his brother were so close growing up and he would like that for his kids. But he did say it's up to Katie. Seems like a well thought out plan.

Oh, from complete strangers! LOL.

• LOL 1

I don't understand your statement.  They were talking about assumptions that people make about them when they ask them questions.  And they addressed these assumptions. Who else would be making assumptions?

• Applause 1
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I don't understand your statement.  They were talking about assumptions that people make about them when they ask them questions.  And they addressed these assumptions. Who else would be making assumptions?

People = complete strangers, apparently 🤷‍♀️

(edited)

That's correct. People, fans, strangers whatever you call them are the ones making the assumptions. Not their friends or family. I believe this is the way it works on those social media "ask us anything you want to know." videos.  

Edited by 65mickey
  • Applause 1
(edited)

K&T are at C&E’s house. Are they there for the warehouse sale, another event, or to visit Papa Bill?

OMG, I hope the Bates clan doesn’t plan to invade the farm for the 4th of July. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 5

Carlin and Katie both posted on IG last night...they are sitting on a couch and Carlin literally grabs Hailey...grabs her from Katie and puts her on her lap...you could tell by Katies face...she did not like it...I don't think Katie and Travis are as nonchalant with that baby as C/E are with their two kids...and I am going to be watching what they post online and see what the interactions are ...also wondering if K/T are staying with C/E...and lets just see if they continue in the same buddy buddy utopia after this trip.....

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

Yes they’re staying with C&E bc Carlin made a whole production about washing Laylas sheets so they can have a clean bed. I mean we can see how much K&T care about H - heading home from places bc it’s nap time rather than letting her grow up in a car seat. Versus C/E who are raising their 3.5 yr old in a guest bedroom. They’ve said before that Laylas room will also be a guest room so she gets bounced every time K/T or Evan’s humongous family comes to town?! To me C&Es house doesn’t look that small. Do they not have 4 bedrooms? If guests bunking with you is SO important, you didn’t need an upstairs den - should’ve made that a bedroom. And if they don’t have a room, I’m sorry but you don’t bounce your kids for your guests. You either offer your guests a pull out sofa in the den or say you can’t host. 

I think these trips will get fewer and further between, as K&T want to focus on their kid and C&E are still gonna want to party party and will make a fuss when K&T are like ok we’re headed back to the house for nap time or we’re headed to bed by 10-11 pm bc H gets up at 5 am or no we aren’t going out on a midnight ice cream run and dragging H in her car seat. C&E will start to view K&T as boring and K&T probably already view C&E as bad parents. I mean of course Carlin pulled the baby into HER lap - to them a baby is just a Gucci bag.

• Like 12
12 minutes ago, cereality said:

Yes they’re staying with C&E bc Carlin made a whole production about washing Laylas sheets so they can have a clean bed. I mean we can see how much K&T care about H - heading home from places bc it’s nap time rather than letting her grow up in a car seat. Versus C/E who are raising their 3.5 yr old in a guest bedroom. They’ve said before that Laylas room will also be a guest room so she gets bounced every time K/T or Evan’s humongous family comes to town?! To me C&Es house doesn’t look that small. Do they not have 4 bedrooms? If guests bunking with you is SO important, you didn’t need an upstairs den - should’ve made that a bedroom. And if they don’t have a room, I’m sorry but you don’t bounce your kids for your guests. You either offer your guests a pull out sofa in the den or say you can’t host. 

I think these trips will get fewer and further between, as K&T want to focus on their kid and C&E are still gonna want to party party and will make a fuss when K&T are like ok we’re headed back to the house for nap time or we’re headed to bed by 10-11 pm bc H gets up at 5 am or no we aren’t going out on a midnight ice cream run and dragging H in her car seat. C&E will start to view K&T as boring and K&T probably already view C&E as bad parents. I mean of course Carlin pulled the baby into HER lap - to them a baby is just a Gucci bag.

That was standard practice at my house growing up.  I think it is easier for a kid to sleep on the couch/floor than a person who is older (who over the age of 30 doesn't have a bad back??!!).  It used to drive me nuts.  My sister lived in a small house and made my 70+ year old dad sleep on a blowup mattress.  Sure he could have stayed at a hotel  but at over $200/night, it was out of the budget.  I would have moved my niece and let grandpa have a bed.

I think the Bates kids who have moved far away will have less tolerance for the loud, unscheduled craziness of their siblings who didn't stray far.

• Like 13
(edited)

I get it lots of us here likely grew up in the 80s or earlier, where it was standard to give guests the kids' rooms, it was standard for kids to share bedrooms with siblings etc. But IDK it's 2023, everything is SOOO much more kid centric now. I honestly don't know a single set of siblings that share rooms now - and this is on the east coast where housing is $$$. Funny how C&E want to be so "modern" with their "party party" and "lets goooooo dawg" and yet in this sense, it's back to the 80s. Though I guess it's par for the course for them in not prioritizing their kids - I mean a 3.5 yr old who speaks like a 2.5 yr old, is raised on chips and cookies and rolling around on a "shop" floor - why would that kid need their own room. 

Seriously why do they NEED an upstairs den? Make that a proper guest room esp since you aren't the types who get guests 1x/yr at Christmas, rather some portion of Evan's fam comes and stays every other month. Sure that'd mean your downstairs living/family room would have toys but so what, that's what kid homes are like.

EDITED: the lack of tolerance for crazy is exactly why K&T don't stay at the Bates'. They don't say it but it's pretty clear that if Trav could have his way without offending the entire family, he'd stay in a hotel. I think he actually likes his inlaws and some of the loud crazy bc it's sooo different from his family but I think he also is the type who'd like to be like - ok well enough for me, I'm going to head back to the hotel for a few hrs, I'll come back and hang this evening. Of course this would totally offend the Bates, so I think the compromise he and Katie struck was to stay with C&E - with family and party party but not the ENTIRE family loudly playing board games until midnight.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 5

No reason K & T can't stay at a moderately priced hotel when visiting. Back when, it was customary for my family for the parents to give their bedroom to visiting guests; not boot the children out of theirs. It was considered good hospitality. I see these parents don't inconvenience themselves at all.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

No reason K & T can't stay at a moderately priced hotel when visiting. Back when, it was customary for my family for the parents to give their bedroom to visiting guests; not boot the children out of theirs. It was considered good hospitality. I see these parents don't inconvenience themselves at all.

They're taking after Carlin's own parents. 

• Like 2

I grew up in an era when kids outnumbered bedrooms, so hardly any family had a guest room. We just all figured it out depending who and how many were staying over and for how long. No one really cared.

At this point I doubt Layla cares, however that may change as she gets older.

Little Hailey is a beautiful baby.

• Like 8

Not only is Hailey a beautiful baby, but whatever K&T did with regards to feeding her certainly worked. I remember how beside herself Katie was when Hailey lost weight and wasn’t gaining fast enough. I really felt bad for her. But it looks like they followed solid advice, did not just whine for clicks, prayed on it, leaving it up to God. Can you imagine C&E in the same situation?

• Like 8
10 minutes ago, SMama said:

Not only is Hailey a beautiful baby, but whatever K&T did with regards to feeding her certainly worked. I remember how beside herself Katie was when Hailey lost weight and wasn’t gaining fast enough. I really felt bad for her. But it looks like they followed solid advice, did not just whine for clicks, prayed on it, leaving it up to God. Can you imagine C&E in the same situation?

I hope to dog Katie and Travis continue their current parenting methods. I also hope that they see what the Stewarts do and keep their distance. 

• Like 11

It's good that they enjoy being parents and are committed to being good parents bc watching their assumptions video - wow it's like 2 8th graders got married.

There was some big to-do because apparently at some point in the video Trav says "well I never SERIOUSLY considered divorce in our first year." Commenters/reddit jumped all over it, he posted some big explanation regarding how he'd NEVER divorce, it was all in good fun etc. But clearly that didn't make people back off [as people started saying - uh that gives off, if I can't have her, no one will - vibes], so then by the time I saw the YT, whatever that divorce question was had been edited out - in true Bates fashion.

Really the only thing they're in agreement on is they DON'T think they had a kid too soon. Because let's be real, the kid is all that bonds them.

I mean Katie went on and on about how she's jealous in the relationship [though she says it's better since she pushed out his kid]. So I'm thinking - oh maybe girls flirt with him at church or basketball or something. Nope - Katie gets pissed off when a cashier at a McDs or CFA drive thru dare smiles at Trav and says - hey how's it going!? To the point where Katie will hold up her hand and be like hello I AM HIS WIFE!?! WTF!?

Trav went on about he was jealous when they were dating bc she had soooooo many guys interested in her and he was in NJ being like huh what's going on. And Katie goes well yeah there were other guys who were interested - from church, from Crown, family friends . . . .

Katie again sounds psycho re a wife MUST have all of her husbands passwords to everything - not just the phone but individual social media accounts. She goes on about how it's just bizarre that between married people you'd ever say - hmm I don't know his password. And then she accused Trav of always going thru her phone!? I get that married people often have each others' passwords but it was the psycho insistence of it that seems a bit much.

They are the 2 most boring 21 year olds in the world who have no friends other than those friends know to their entire families [i.e. church friends], no jobs - where exactly are they worried the other will meet someone else, the cashier at McDonalds? Or is Katie thinking along the lines of Josh/Anna Duggar - the wife must guard the husband's eyes and genitals?

And it's interesting for all the OMG we're such a close family with our 87 children, here's another kid who is like - nope I'm not THAT close to my family, I could not wait to get married and get out of there, I wouldn't have wanted to stay there even 6 more months waiting for a wedding. Katie was pretty direct - and Trav strongly agreed - that she isn't close with all of her siblings; she basically implied that a few were here besties and that's it while caveating with - but of course I LOVE everyone. Kind of gave the vibe that she was talking about not being close with Erin or her brothers; I'm sure Nathan feels great when Katie was in her hysterical crying phase in her first yr of marriage, he came down to visit multiple times when he'd be in Pa. with his inlaws.

Interesting that Trav was realistic when he said - it's great that we can do social media as a job right now bc we can be together at home, but who knows how long that'll last but it's great for now. Hmm . . . seems like Trav understand reality better than C&E who are building a life around being together at home 24-7 for the next 50 yrs.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 3

I saw the unedited video. While I think people blew the divorce comment way out of proportion, Travis absolutely did say he considered it. He said it was more of a "heat of the moment" reaction when they fought, and he compared it to how a child wants to run away when they get into trouble. I believe him when he says he'd never actually go through with it, but the whole subject underscored how ridiculously immature they are. Katie tried to make light of it, but she did note her first instinct wasn't to cut and run the moment things got rough. In Travis' defense though, Katie wasn't the one dealing with a spouse who was crying all day because she was homesick and wouldn't go out and do anything because she was too afraid to drive. 

I am 100% of the belief Travis got Katie pregnant to get her out of his hair and give her something to do. If she didn't have Hailey to occupy her time, she'd still be an emotional wreck. 

I'm also not surprised Katie struggles with jealousy. She's insecure and a people pleaser. Throw in the lack of dating experience and it's no wonder she has zero concept of boundaries. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

It seems like Carlin and Katie are similar to one another in regards to being dramatic and high maintenance.  

Evan seems as if he's the same so I don't forsee problems with him/Carlin....but cracks are showing with Trav and Katie.

And I get being homesick when moving to a new place...but I wonder why Trav and Katie didn't move to an suburb where there would be stores, etc within walking distance.  And then maybe Trav could have helped her gain confidence driving in NJ.

This is why people that aren't emotionally mature should wait to marry and have kids a little later than 21/22.

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I am 100% of the belief Travis got Katie pregnant to get her out of his hair and give her something to do. If she didn't have Hailey to occupy her time, she'd still be an emotional wreck. 

I'm also not surprised Katie struggles with jealousy. She's insecure and a people pleaser. Throw in the lack of dating experience and it's no wonder she has zero concept of boundaries. 

100% had the same impression re having a baby. I did believe him when he said they wanted to be young parents, but no matter what he says I don't believe he wanted to be THIS young. With a girl who was less clingy and not crying all day [and not begging for a baby - which Katie was as he was saying not yet for the first 6 mos], I believe he would've had a baby around yrs 3-4 of marriage. I mean his brother has been married 2 yrs and no baby announcement yet. 

She gave off Anna Duggar vibes to me if I'm being honest. Sure she's less frump and when Anna married social media $ wasn't a thing. But core of the marriage - clinging to him; crying when he left (though that was Carlin too for the hot second her husband worked); sitting with him when he was home doing his telemarketer job for some mattress company; needing to know all passwords. Anna was the same way when she married and even w/ baby #1 -  she'd go sit in the back office of the car lot all day. Frankly Jill Dillard too - going to have lunch with Derick daily when he had his corporate accounting job and then waiting in the parking lot for him while he finished work all afternoon!? 

Frankly cling is how fundies raise their daughters. Plus if you don't have your eyes on him 24-7 how do you know he isn't doing something ungodly [how'd that work out for you Anna?]. 

Trav rolled a dice though that a baby would make her happy. Fortunately she seems to be thriving in mom life, but in that family it's a 50-50 shot. She easily could have been a Carlin who LOVES the first week bc the spotlight is on and then once the parents, inlaws, and siblings have cooed over the baby and gone back to their daily lives, she's depressed and crying at actually dealing with a baby.

On top of just being raised insecure with no life interests, I wonder if Katie is thrown off being in NJ. I'm from one town over from where they live in Berlin. NO ONE is married with a baby at 21. It's an area with really great public education, a HUGE % of kids their age are still in college. Sure those who maybe didn't go to college marry and have kids younger, but normal for them would be marrying around 24-25 with a first baby around 27-28. And it's financially a well to do area and not the Bible belt so a lot of the teens/20 yr old pregnancies are - ahem - taken care of. So ANY young woman they encounter anywhere - whether McDonalds or among the hospital L&D nurses, is likely to be unmarried. Wonder if that filled Katie's head with ideas of OMG all these girls don't even have husbands, they're all jealous and after MY man . . . .

You know the same way that when Anna Duggar was in DC she was all - that girl might be an officer in the Army but so what she doesn't even have a husband, she has to take out the trash herself. Again how'd that work out for you Anna . . . .

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, cereality said:

It's good that they enjoy being parents and are committed to being good parents bc watching their assumptions video - wow it's like 2 8th graders got married.

There was some big to-do because apparently at some point in the video Trav says "well I never SERIOUSLY considered divorce in our first year." Commenters/reddit jumped all over it, he posted some big explanation regarding how he'd NEVER divorce, it was all in good fun etc. But clearly that didn't make people back off [as people started saying - uh that gives off, if I can't have her, no one will - vibes], so then by the time I saw the YT, whatever that divorce question was had been edited out - in true Bates fashion.

Really the only thing they're in agreement on is they DON'T think they had a kid too soon. Because let's be real, the kid is all that bonds them.

I mean Katie went on and on about how she's jealous in the relationship [though she says it's better since she pushed out his kid]. So I'm thinking - oh maybe girls flirt with him at church or basketball or something. Nope - Katie gets pissed off when a cashier at a McDs or CFA drive thru dare smiles at Trav and says - hey how's it going!? To the point where Katie will hold up her hand and be like hello I AM HIS WIFE!?! WTF!?

Trav went on about he was jealous when they were dating bc she had soooooo many guys interested in her and he was in NJ being like huh what's going on. And Katie goes well yeah there were other guys who were interested - from church, from Crown, family friends . . . .

Katie again sounds psycho re a wife MUST have all of her husbands passwords to everything - not just the phone but individual social media accounts. She goes on about how it's just bizarre that between married people you'd ever say - hmm I don't know his password. And then she accused Trav of always going thru her phone!? I get that married people often have each others' passwords but it was the psycho insistence of it that seems a bit much.

They are the 2 most boring 21 year olds in the world who have no friends other than those friends know to their entire families [i.e. church friends], no jobs - where exactly are they worried the other will meet someone else, the cashier at McDonalds? Or is Katie thinking along the lines of Josh/Anna Duggar - the wife must guard the husband's eyes and genitals?

And it's interesting for all the OMG we're such a close family with our 87 children, here's another kid who is like - nope I'm not THAT close to my family, I could not wait to get married and get out of there, I wouldn't have wanted to stay there even 6 more months waiting for a wedding. Katie was pretty direct - and Trav strongly agreed - that she isn't close with all of her siblings; she basically implied that a few were here besties and that's it while caveating with - but of course I LOVE everyone. Kind of gave the vibe that she was talking about not being close with Erin or her brothers; I'm sure Nathan feels great when Katie was in her hysterical crying phase in her first yr of marriage, he came down to visit multiple times when he'd be in Pa. with his inlaws.

Interesting that Trav was realistic when he said - it's great that we can do social media as a job right now bc we can be together at home, but who knows how long that'll last but it's great for now. Hmm . . . seems like Trav understand reality better than C&E who are building a life around being together at home 24-7 for the next 50 yrs.

Yikes. This doesn’t sound like they have a healthy relationship at all. Jealous of female clerks at McDonald’s? Good lord!

• Like 10
20 hours ago, AstridM said:

Yikes. This doesn’t sound like they have a healthy relationship at all. Jealous of female clerks at McDonald’s? Good lord!

Considering Katie's age and life experience, it's about right.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

Conspiracy time...

In the YT video that Kate/Trav put out where they discussed why they married in December vs in the summer after he graduated... I'm thinking that the happy couple opted to marry in December 2021 so that it could be filmed for the reality shows 11th season (and some comping from UP tv, company, etc to boot).

I think had the show not been canceled all of a sudden in January 2022, I think Katie wouldn't have taken the move to NJ so hard because she probably would have been filming talking head interviews for the 11th season in early 2022 and then doing promotion/social media for the 11th season would have taken up some time in early 2022 as well so she wouldn't have been so lonely/clingy.

And please people say you were joking that Anna would sit at her husband Josh's job all day, or that Jill would wait in the parking lot for Derrick to be done with work?!?!  That is so creepy if true.

• Like 8

According to Katie’s stories Travis “messed up his hands playing with the boys.” There is a shot of both hands all bandaged. Looks like he got burned from fireworks. I guess she knows better than to come out and say it but really she should have just kept it to herself.
Anyhow they have a 12 hour drive home and she has to drive. They are bringing Ellie to help. I guess he can’t do much with Hailey in the state he is in.

If there ever was a time to stop over at C&E’s place this is it but evidently they have to do the whole drive in one shot.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 1

Just saw it and yikes. When she said - he messed up his hands - I assumed that he was playing football or basketball and caught the ball awkwardly and that hurt/popped a few fingers, but wow this is way more - multiple fingers and both palms!? What was he playing? There is a video of him sitting there as Evan, Carlin, Kelly, and Law are singing to him to distract him and joking that he's just in permanent worship 🙄. He can be heard saying he feels like his arms are shaking and Evan and Law are like your whole body has been shaking. Whatever it is, this seems like a serious type of injury, not just a my BIL grabbed the ball from me awkwardly. Wonder if G&K or Evan & Carlin even made the offer of - come back with us, it's only a 4 hr drive not a 12 hr drive, plus you can rest up, Katie will have help with the baby. But lol who are we kidding - G&K or Evan/Carlin cooking or helping with a kid, lol. Though I guess if Katie/Trav seemed like they wanted that, they would just make Addie/Ellie do it - at G&K's house or Evan/Carlin's house. 

I assume Trav prefers to get back home ASAP. His parents are there. His family sees good drs there, so if he needs to see specialists, I assume he prefers to be there as opposed to Gil being like - oh it's fine rub some dirt on it . . . . I mean is that wrap job and those band aids a home job? Depending on when it happened yesterday, he may not have even sought medical attention yet.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

According to Katie’s stories Travis “messed up his hands playing with the boys.” There is a shot of both hands all bandaged. Looks like he got burned from fireworks. I guess she knows better than to come out and say it but really she should have just kept it to herself.
Anyhow they have a 12 hour drive home and she has to drive. They are bringing Ellie to help. I guess he can’t do much with Hailey in the state he is in.

If there ever was a time to stop over at C&E’s place this is it but evidently they have to do the whole drive in one shot.

What a fucking moron. And why shouldn’t she tell the truth about what happened?

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

I guess K&T saw all the firework criticism bc they just jumped on IG to be like - it was NOT fireworks. Apparently some rope in the backyard that you can climb and Trav climbed up and slipped all the way down - I guess instead of letting go and jumping off. So rope burns several skin layers deep with blisters and the pain was bad on July 4. Hmm sure Nathan and Law are with whatever medical outfit so they wrapped his hands but maybe see a dr to make sure nothing is infected!?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, cereality said:

I guess K&T saw all the firework criticism bc they just jumped on IG to be like - it was NOT fireworks. Apparently some rope in the backyard that you can climb and Trav climbed up and slipped all the way down - I guess instead of letting go and jumping off. So rope burns several skin layers deep with blisters and the pain was bad on July 4. Hmm sure Nathan and Law are with whatever medical outfit so they wrapped his hands but maybe see a dr to make sure nothing is infected!?

Nathan and Lawson have ZERO medical credentials or qualifications.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I guess rope is perhaps a little less stupid than fireworks, but his BILs are such jerks for not making sure he knew what to do.

Seriously - Law, Nathan, Trace, Warden and Isiah have probably been climbing up and down this rope their whole lives. No one could’ve gotten Trav a pair of gloves? Given that’s it’s a working farm with ongoing construction, pretty sure there’s a pair of world gloves somewhere on that farm.

15 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Figured as much though I suppose they fancy themselves qualified since they fly to disasters. Too bad Michael and Zach weren’t there - Michael with her nursing degree she wants to use for family and Zach I think was an EMT at one point or at least trained for it. Hopefully Trav has a drs appt for tomorrow just to see someone qualified; I mean it had to be bad if he was taking pain meds and the brothers in law were saying his body was shaking from the pain.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
12 minutes ago, cereality said:

Seriously - Law, Nathan, Trace, Warden and Isiah have probably been climbing up and down this rope their whole lives. No one could’ve gotten Trav a pair of gloves? Given that’s it’s a working farm with ongoing construction, pretty sure there’s a pair of world gloves somewhere on that farm.

Figured as much though I suppose they fancy themselves qualified since they fly to disasters. Too bad Michael and Zach weren’t there - Michael with her nursing degree she wants to use for family and Zach I think was an EMT at one point or at least trained for it. Hopefully Trav has a drs appt for tomorrow just to see someone qualified; I mean it had to be bad if he was taking pain meds and the brothers in law were saying his body was shaking from the pain.

When I was into reading about WW2 I read about a sailor who died rope climbing on a ship because he used gloves. His hands came out of them and down he went.

• Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

If there's such a thing as negative qualifications, those two dumbasses have it. 

If it really wasn't fireworks, I can feel sorry for Travis. Skinning your hands or breaking a leg is not a fun choice to make. 

• Like 7
(edited)

I wonder how Katie will do at managing everything? Caring for Travis and everything else. I know Ellie is there, but Katie is still going to need to step up big time.

And poor Katie AND Travis - Hailey's dirty butt isn't the only one she'll be wiping.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 6