Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Laissez le Bon Temps Rouler (2)

• Start Topic

On the eve of his wedding to Rita, and Connor leaving for the Witness Protection Program, Pride must track down who attacked Jimmy and Connor, while navigating Sasha's ulterior motives regarding her son.

I'm largely indifferent to Hannah and not a fan of Carter at all but even I felt a little bad when they were sent off at the end and not deemed worthy to march with the rest of the cast in the final scene.  Sick burn. 

So glad this is over. I couldn't take any more melodrama   This season and the last handful of episodes in particular were torture to slog through.  

I assume the ending means the rumors of Pride heading up NCIS Hawaii are untrue.   Surely they wouldn't have him dragging his Connor drama to a new show. 

• Love 4

I missed the whole thing due to being stuck in hospital emergency for hours and hours.

Luckily I found a recap so I know what happened.  Glad to know Connor was staying.

(edited)

Too bad the show couldn't have known before the season started they were on the hitlist.  What a lackluster way to go out.  The whole Pride family drama thing was unnecessary and again, why would TPTB think that anyone cared about Sasha or this kid?  I'm just glad that none of the central players were left in jeopardy or hurt even the ones who annoyed me.  I'd like to think Sasha got away just for her kids' sake but I also wouldn't be sad if she gets her comeuppance.  And yes, Rita's dress fell just short of a torture device.

And again Hollywood, Joanna Cassidy is nine years older than Scott Bakula but hey, she's his mom.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

And again Hollywood, Joanna Cassidy is nine years older than Scott Bakula but hey, she's his mom.

I mean, it’s not quite as bad as 29 year old Angelina Jolie as 28 year old Colin Farrell’s mother in Alexander, but almost...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

First off I was annoyed that for the series finale the show was delayed for whatever reason.  If it was some stupid sports event, ugh, typical Sunday sports delays that screw all scheduling up.

Second, NO ONE CARES about stupid Sasha and Connor drama.  For that matter, I don't care about the Carter/Hannah pseudo drama and Sebastian and What-her-name's Ferlito's characters drama either.

Third, Joanna Cassidy's wig was out of control.  I think that was three times as much natural hair on her.

Fourth, did Hannah's kid and ex ever come back from England?  I found it too had to pay that much attention to find out.  You'd think she'd want her daughter to meet her new boyfriend.

Fifth, and this is general, why do shows insist on characters pairing off?  not every workplace has internal romance and men and women can work just fine together without it.

• Love 8

I stopped watching when Pride had the every single episode/season drama with the Mayor.  I couldn't take it anymore.  Then I read that LaSalle was killed and if I had planned to go back that iced it for me.  I liked him.  I missed Merry and then I loved her replacement so I watched here and there.  I absolutely hate the FBI girl who they have now.  

I watched because it was the finale and I realize that I missed a lot.  There's a lot of new cast members but I wanted my closure.  Pride's mom's wig needs its own show.  His son Connor was annoying but not as annoying as Sasha.  I hope the car that followed her got rid of her.  Pride's wife needs to get her teeth whitened.  It was so obvious.

Sebastian always annoyed me and I see nothing changed on that front.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Random thought:

I wish we could have seen Loretta's sons in the finale, since we were there for their "origin story" as a family with Loretta. Even though the younger one fell off the radar a long time ago, we did get to see the older one occasionally through the years, and it was established how much he and Dwayne meant to each other. Maybe once Show gave him an actual son, there was little need for his surrogate son.

Overall, it wasn't an awful series finale, just lacking. The whole Sasha/Conner story would probably have been done differently (or not at all) if the writers had known that this was going to be the last season. Also, Hannah and Carter would have been interesting to get to know (not necessarily as a couple, just as part of the team). Clearly, there was more story to tell there, but Show just ran out of time.

I'll miss the show, but I'm okay with it ending.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Linderhill said:

Fifth, and this is general, why do shows insist on characters pairing off? 

In most real world cases, not allowed; in all cases, a bad idea. 

• Love 3

I don't get why they chose the Sasha/Conner story. If they wanted an arc, why didn't they use the corrupt/abusive police story that they did in one of the first episodes? It felt like it wasn't entirely done. Also, the mayor's commission just went away. They mentioned it here and there but we didn't really see it anymore, so that would have been something else they could have included in an arc. But this Sasha/Conner story was so completely random. I don't get it.

Maybe I've watched too many episodes but I figured out that Sasha was behind the kidnapping attempt within the first few minutes.

I get why they didn't put Rita in a white dress but red? And this kind of red? Why? The color looked like she might wear the dress on a date but I don't think it was a wedding dress color. Not festive enough, I think.

17 hours ago, NYGirl said:

I missed Merry and then I loved her replacement so I watched here and there.  I absolutely hate the FBI girl who they have now.  

If you mean Sonia, she joined the show before Merry left. Gegorio was Merry's replacement. I don't remember what Hannah did before she joined NCIS.

• Love 1
(edited)

I like this current cast so much and will miss them.  Hannah, Carter, Gregorio -- all really grew on me.  Of the prior castmates, the only one I truly miss is LaSalle.  

The Sasha/Connor story line was so unnecessary to wrap up this show.  Took way too much attention and time away from the core cast.  

The Second Line was so appropriate for an end to NOLA.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 6

Just thinking about how a sudden, unexpected cancellation and a disappointing final episode make total sense when one considers that the star is Scott Bakula.

Poor guy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/24/2021 at 9:22 AM, milkyaqua said:

On the other hand Dwayne is a federal agent and nobody is talking about his forced retirement so he is much younger than 59.

• Love 2

I missed out on the finale due to something running long and my DVR didn't record anything. But it sounds like I didn't miss much and I'm not planning on downloading the ep to watch later. What a sad, pathetic end to a once great, fun show. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Not sorry to see this go.  

I hate the actor that plays Connor: Wooden, stiff, bad line delivery, funny looking, hunched over bad posture, weird hair, wide set eyes.

Does every crime show have to have a lesbian agent with a wifey ? NCIS NO,L&O OC, FBI MW ?

Let's add muslim agents, too: L&O SUV, NCIS NO, NCIS LA, FBI

If I never see the character of Sasha again I'm not sorry.  But.. Callie Thorne is hot for a 50+ actress, put on a few pounds over the years but still hot (well I'm over 60...)

Actress that pays Rita, Bakula's real wife, Chelsea Fields is a cutie, but darn lady, get those old smoker teeth cleaned and whitened.  PS is it because of Covid that shows can't hire other actresses, they just hire the main actor's real wives ? See Pam Dawber in the original NCIS ...

Is Joanna Cassidy bald ? Why does she need an aging hooker's luscious grey wig ? Speaking of the lovely Joanna, how many weeks of bad Blanche from "Streetcar Named Desire" southern accents do we have to put up with ? (Ah have always depend'd on the kindness of strangers). 

That's all I got.....

Adding that I can also not stand Carter.. a "whirlwind of smarm" to quote Larry David.  And Hanna, does that mole get equal billing ? Distracting. 

A red "harlot" dress LOL for a wedding, I mean I know its N'olens but jeeeze...

Edited by Arthur Jury
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Arthur Jury said:

Not sorry to see this go.  

I hate the actor that plays Connor: Wooden, stiff, bad line delivery, funny looking, hunched over bad posture, weird hair, wide set eyes.

Does every crime show have to have a lesbian agent with a wifey ? NCIS NO,L&O OC, FBI MW ?

If I never see the character of Sasha again I'm not sorry.  But.. Callie Thorne is hot for a 50+ actress, put on a few pounds over the years but still hot (well I'm over 60...)

Actress that pays Rita, Bakula's real wife, Chelsea Fields is a cutie, but darn lady, get those old smoker teeth cleaned and whitened.  PS is it because of Covid that shows can't hire other actresses, they just hire the main actor's real wives ? See Pam Dawber in the original NCIS ...

Connor you're a southern boy. You might have just met him but that is Uncle Jimmy.

The lesbian's wife not the only identity box checked if your cast is large enough.

Yes COVID bubble protocols saw the stunt casting of many real life partners as characters love interest in the 20/21 TV season. 

I just dropped back in since Percy left because of lack of content. I  didn't mind Carter until the romance with one of his team stated.

On 5/24/2021 at 12:22 PM, milkyaqua said:

The Playing Gertrude trope. A particularly annoying one.

I'm all for unconventional wedding dresses (though I personally still want white for my big day), but that was horrible.

• LOL 1
On 5/26/2021 at 10:33 AM, Arthur Jury said:

Is Joanna Cassidy bald ? Why does she need an aging hooker's luscious grey wig ? Speaking of the lovely Joanna, how many weeks of bad Blanche from "Streetcar Named Desire" southern accents do we have to put up with ? (Ah have always depend'd on the kindness of strangers). 

Adding that I can also not stand Carter.. a "whirlwind of smarm" to quote Larry David.  And Hanna, does that mole get equal billing ? Distracting. 

A red "harlot" dress LOL for a wedding, I mean I know its N'olens but jeeeze...

Oh hot damn - some real snark here!  Almost spit out my tea while reading it.  Thanks for the laugh!

This show always seemed to have a hair/clothing/makeup budget of $100 a show.  Every time I saw Joanna Cassidy in the bad wig, it made me think of Valley of the Dolls.    And the wedding dress was beyond awful.   It looked like the costume dept picked it up at Savers.  Somebody's donated party dress from like 4 or 5 years ago.  Chelsea Fields must be a really good sport to have agreed to wearing that dress.  I swear, somebody should have made a citizen's arrest, it was so awful.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I haven't watched the last few episodes and after reading the comments on the threads for them including this one I'm hesitant to even bother. 

I started loosing real interest after Percy left and really lost it after LaSalle was killed off due to Lucas Black deciding to leave. I loved Percy and LaSalle's interactions. I hated it when Merry was written off by trashing her character on the way out. I feel so bad for the actress who played her and what she went through in relation to the shit going on behind the scenes of the show and CBS as a whole.

The over the top crappy storylines they wrote for Pride were something that tainted this show for me at least. I don't think I'll ever not think of Pride being held captive in the middle of nowhere being pumped full of whatever it was trying to get him to talk and not laugh about it. Then the constant conflicts with the mayor and the entire season seeing some annoying ghost lady. I know there's other stupid stuff that I'm blanking on right now.

• Love 6

I read an interview with Scott Bakula in which he said that he became a little "misty eyed" when he saw his wife walking toward him in that red dress.  Maybe both of them liked it.  I thought it was a little prom dress looking, but it's New Orleans where dresses like this are celebratory attire.  Not necessarily for weddings, but probably fitting for this shows final episode.

• Love 5

No Danny, no CJ, no Lauren.... but hey Connor is in the wedding.   No happy ever after for all seven season characters  Sebastian and Triple P... but Carter and Hannah are front and center. And we saw more of Sasha than most of the series regulars.  What a strange arc to end the series on.

• Love 4

i still miss some of the characters even though the show was a bit of a mess as it went on longer especially behind the scenes. Not enough to be cancelled the way it was compared to a stinker like Bull. i tried watching the NCIS: Hawaii that took its place a couple times and couldn't get into it. I have Paramount + so I was thinking I might give it one more try by watching the first episode where hopefully the characters are hopefully kind of introduced.

• Like 1