Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

I think the Wendy gal is a hack, and that was the thought way back when Tre hired her. If I remember correctly one of the things that she claimed to "specialize" in was prepareing folks for prison. I do think she is basically just a PR person and that is what she was paid for. Like probably everyone else that Tre has ever hired, I think that Tre didn't listen to what she was telling her. I have no idea if her advice was sound or not, but can imagine that she was probably a frustrating client.

The day after Tre did the WWHL interview where she claimed to not have understood the plea agreement and basically blamed her lawyers for not better explaining things to her, Wendy did a brief interview where she said something different. She said that prison had always been a very real threat that was understood.  I think that this is probably an example of the type of advice that Wendy was giving her and was ignored. I assumed the moment I read that interview that Wendy didn't give PR advice that included more delusions and blame shifting on behalf of Tre. She is probably also very much in the loop with regard to Tre's post prison plans, which many have said includes a book.  My thinking is that Wendy saw the writing on the wall - Tre is going to blame everyone involved in her crisis, per usual. It might not be professional, and she might never get another client after this sham, but I think she wanted to be on record as the one doing the blaming before Tre wrote her reality in her own delusional way.

I also think that Tre's former legal team dropped her. Again, I assumed this would be the case after she blamed them for not explainiing the plea agreement to her on national TV.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 1

I think the Wendy gal is a hack, and that was the thought way back when Tre hired her. If I remember correctly one of the things that she claimed to "specialize" in was prepareing folks for prison. I do think she is basically just a PR person and that is what she was paid for. Like probably everyone else that Tre has ever hired, I think that Tre didn't listen to what she was telling her. I have no idea if her advice was sound or not, but can imagine that she was probably a frustrating client.

The day after Tre did the WWHL interview where she claimed to not have understood the plea agreement and basically blamed her lawyers for not better explaining things to her, Wendy did a brief interview where she said something different. She said that prison had always been a very real threat that was understood.  I think that this is probably an example of the type of advice that Wendy was giving her and was ignored. I assumed the moment I read that interview that Wendy didn't give PR advice that included more delusions and blame shifting on behalf of Tre. She is probably also very much in the loop with regard to Tre's post prison plans, which many have said includes a book.  My thinking is that Wendy saw the writing on the wall - Tre is going to blame everyone involved in her crisis, per usual. It might not be professional, and she might never get another client after this sham, but I think she wanted to be on record as the one doing the blaming before Tre wrote her reality in her own delusional way.

I also think that Tre's former legal team dropped her. Again, I assumed this would be the case after she blamed them for not explainiing the plea agreement to her on national TV.

I posted a link to SH blog site that shows Klingman was still her Attorney of record until Monday when he was replaced. It IS possible that he refused to do what Teresa wanted, to appeal her sentence, push for a specific facility and/or push for a half way house after serving just 3 months in a facility, but agreed to stay on until Teresa found someone that would. That may be why we are also hearing from Feldman, Teresa is going against everything she agreed to while blaming them all for the sentence she received.

It is possible that Klingman tried to get the Judge to put it in writing, that Teresa is to go to a Camp, but the Judge refused because of Teresa's continued lies and games even on the day of sentencing. She was really pissed at Teresa and Joe and if she saw the WWHL interview, she might be even be more inclined to refuse the new lawyers/Teresa's request now.

Teresa is active on twitter again. She has only re-tweeted a few things for now though.

Edited by WireWrap

Here's hoping Teresa sues Klingman for malpractice, which would enable him to break most if not all of the attorney-client privilege and tell the world what a horrible, uncooperative client I'm guessing she was. 

• Love 1

Did anyone read the letter--no way an attorney wrote that--what is densense council? 

They typed the letter using a Teresa'isms (aka Teresa speak)! LOL

Here's hoping Teresa sues Klingman for malpractice, which would enable him to break most if not all of the attorney-client privilege and tell the world what a horrible, uncooperative client I'm guessing she was. 

That would be interesting and something she would consider doing. That is, until it was pointed out he would be allowed tell the truth about her to the world! LOL

• Love 1

First of all, why do we know that Teresa even had a PR flack? Because she - Wendy Feldman - told us so. Meaning she only took on this case for her own self-serving purposes.

I always assumed there was a coach behind the scenes telling Teresa what to say. I don't think her lawyers would have let her do any pre-sentencing interviews without a babysitter, because Teresa is clearly an idiot who wouldn't be able to follow general guidelines provided to her without someone just out of sight enforcing it. When one of the entertainment shows interviewed Teresa a while back, they showed Wendy in the background basically feeding Teresa her lines. The real, unfiltered Teresa says stupid crap like I don't want to live in a "used" house. She's worse than Sarah Palin at spinning and defending herself.

I also doubt Wendy was someone who just took the job for the publicity. I'm betting the lawyers found her and she was getting paid. It must get tiring trying to control someone who never accepts responsibility and can't understand basic human English half the time.

Teresa would be about as successful doing her own crisis management as she would be writing her own books. Both times, there was an all-knowing Oz behind the curtain doing the real work.

• Love 2

I will feel sorry for this family when I actually see some humility and downsizing.  Remember the supposedly humble Christmas...tons of toys and a very expensive little doggie.  Their idea of downsizing is getting two suits for $250 and not buying designer items for full price.  Yes, I feel bad for the girls, but I feel worse for the children of the armed forces or those whose lives are facing difficult circumstances through no fault of their families.  There are people who worked hard all their lives, never breaking the law, and have nothing to show for it because of economic factors that are out of control. 

Gia is starting a girl band supposedly financed by Teresa.  This just boggles my mind that instead of protecting her children and paying her creditors, she is still trying to pimp out her daughter.

I remember even in the old twop forums, there were people who totally believed that Teresa raised four girls, went all over the place to promote her books/products, and cleaned that huge monstrosity all by herself, while maintaining full makeup and hair.   I guess many people want to hold on to the illusion that a woman can really "have it all" and the ones who don't are just lazy.  I would love to see Teresa scrubbing toilets in prison.

I wonder just how many of those things the Guidice's actually own.  The houses are mortgaged to the max and the cars are probably leased.

Don't you need good credit to lease a car? I leased a car about a decade ago and all I had to do was make the first payment and one payment as a "security" deposit that I got back at the end of the lease. That's it. Drove off the lot, drove the car for 3 years, turned it in got my deposit back.

For me it didn't make alot of sense though because you have to start over, although I do recall I had the option of buying the car at a pretty good price. Still being old school (or cheap) I prefer to make payments and then have a free and clear car at the end of the payments.But then I live in a house I can afford and pay my bills so obviously have little in common with the Guduices.   

• Love 2

I just finished reading "Orange is the New Black." It was fascinating and much more realistic than the show, which is still incredible. Reading the board this morning about which prison Tre will go to and prison vs halfway house reminded me of something in there. Kerman was in Danbury when Martha Stewart was sentenced. Leading up to the sentencing and until Stewart had been placed in her prison, Danbury had "shut down" claiming it was full. As in they wouldn't accept any new prisoners. I wonder if Danbury will do that again in regards to Tre.

Just random musings.

Can someone explain ,is it typical to write the judge requesting a specific prison? When I first read that I actually thought the tabloids had made up the story. It seemed so ludicrous that she would dare address the judge who only a week earlier basically said " I was going to give you probation, but you clearly don't get it, so now you have to go to jail" . So our resident experts what do you say? I find it hard to fathom that she is still looking for any type of wiggle room ( half way house) at this point. Someone needs to tell her to prepare herself and the girls, knit a poncho and we will see you on the other side.

• Love 1

leisawoo, my prayers go out to you and your sister. 

supermum, I didn't take her comment to be her not believing your story, but whether the babysitters told the full story. I thought she was asking whether the babysitters were told upfront that the concert itself was payment, in which they can't complain since they knew the deal going in, or if the babysitters were told they would receive cash for their time in addition to being guests at the concert. YMMV and I may have read it wrong but that's how I interpreted it.

I hesitated to comment because I'm so new here but I have to agree with you. I interpreted it the same way. Way back when I used babysitters it was customary to settle the hourly rate upfront.

I guess you have to excuse the 16 year old girl for assuming she would get her normal Teresa babysitting hourly rate as she had many times in the past. She was asked to watch and tend to the girls the entire evening including transport both ways. It was never discussed that the concert was the payment until the night was over.

Absolutely.   But 16 year olds are legally (and as the parent of a teen I can add intellectually) disqualified from entering into any sort of arrangement, even one as informal as babysitting.  Accordingly, it's her parents that I wouldn't excuse.  That had nothing to do with the credibility of your story and I said so in my original post.   Maybe it would help if one us switched to decaf.

• Love 1

I don't think Wendy was hired by Teresa's legal team. The last thing an attorney needs or wants is a non-attorney as a go between with their client. The legal team wouldn't send Wendy to the interviews with Teresa to try and corral her, they would send another attorney from their office who would be able to cut her off from anything she could say that would legally hurt her. The attorneys don't need Wendy to do their job. How could she help them? She isn't an attorney and why she knows about, surviving in prison, is irrelevant to their job.

Teresa has her issues but I don't trust Wendy one bit. If she was a true professional, she would just dump Teresa and keep her mouth shut. Otherwise, why would anyone hire her if they know that, if anything goes wrong, Wendy will run to the media? I highly doubt that Wendy's clients were the barons of Wall Street on the way to prison. They want discretion, not Wendy's look at me statements.

• Love 4

I agree they dropped her but my guess is it was over money. The lawyers know better than anyone what they have as far as assets and they knew there was nothing left in the pot so why continue working for them. Which I hope is the case because i keep seeing reference to the layers quitting over being blamed for various things. To that I would say, who are these pussy lawyers that quit just because they don't like what their client says about them after sentencing? Ask 10 inmates if they think their lawyers did a good job and I bet 9.9 of then blame the lawyer for them being in jail. Criminal defense attorneys should be used to this nonsense and if not they should find another line of work IMO. Tre can complain all she wants but truth is, her attorney got her 15 months from what started as 41 counts against her, facing decades in prison. I think those attorneys can use that fact towards their marketing campaign if need be. The words of a dumb convicted felon who didn't "understand" anything is hardly cause for running and hiding.

• Love 4

Can someone explain ,is it typical to write the judge requesting a specific prison? When I first read that I actually thought the tabloids had made up the story. It seemed so ludicrous that she would dare address the judge who only a week earlier basically said " I was going to give you probation, but you clearly don't get it, so now you have to go to jail" . So our resident experts what do you say? I find it hard to fathom that she is still looking for any type of wiggle room ( half way house) at this point. Someone needs to tell her to prepare herself and the girls, knit a poncho and we will see you on the other side.

Yes. Anyone can write a judge requesting anything. I wouldn't be surprised if there are letters from her parents and siblings requesting something similar as well. Doesn't mean the judge or BOP has to listen, but it certainly can be done (and in most cases encouraged by the lawyers). In her case I don't read it as that's what her lawyers were doing though. They were asking for clarification before it got turned over to the BOP for assignment. Which again (I know, I'm harping now), but this Wendy person's statement about the new letter being filled with inaccuracies and false statements. Huh? They pretty much quoted the official transcript and asked for clarification. How is that "false and inaccurate"? That woman is a joke.

• Love 3

I really hope Teresa isn't filling her daughter's heads with her fairy tale crap. I hope she's not telling them she might not go to prison, or that they can visit her all the time if she does. Or, perhaps she hasn't told them anything, still.

• Love 2

Exactly. What in the world makes anyone think that Teresa and Joe are going to use their Bravo/Magazine/Book earnings to pay anyone back? Past behavior being the best predictor of future behavior and all that.  

Heather is dramatic and anything she says is going to be dramatic. That is just Heather. I am glad to finally see someone on Bravo's payroll state the obvious. Teresa and Joe are criminals. They stole from folks. She has said she wants to make things right but then continues to blame others for her problems. Bravo can keep on employing them all day long, but she is just saying what folks on this forum have been debating for months. At what point does it all become unseemly?

Heather is extremely disliked, so what she says will in most cases be disliked, even in cases where it might be exactly what most people think.  That is just the way it generally works. She is probably doing Teresa a favor - playing the Jac/Caroline/Melissa/Kathy role. If Heather keeps talking, before long you will have folks defending Teresa because in some cases that would be better than agreeing with anything that Heather would say. 

I used to like Heather but grew to absolutely hate her. She is a pretentious bitch. She is also 100% on point about the criminals and good for her for pointing out the obvious.

Even pretetentious bitches can get it right sometimes.

• Love 6

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/teresa-giudice-dropped-by-crisis-manager-wendy-feldman-details-20142010

I don't understand this story.

So, Wendy Feldman dropped Teresa because Teresa made a request to be placed at the women's prison in Connecticut.  And this is a problem for Wendy, why?

Is it because there is someone else's name attached to it?  Or is this "just not done" in the inmate/felon/prisoner community, a request for a specific venue?  

Wendy is making it seem like this request is as bad at the Guidice's "forgetting" to put all their assets on the all requisite forms requested by the court.  I don't get it.  

I would say it's more like the last straw. The criminals have proven over and over that they will do whatever they damn well please. Must be a PR persons nightmare. Their interview's with Andy only proved that they have not changed one little bit. Bitch still thinks she's special and rules don't apply to her. 

• Love 5

I agree they dropped her but my guess is it was over money.

Teresa and Joe clearly don't believe in paying any creditor if they don't get the result they want.

No baby boy, no pay the fertility doctor.  No probation for Teresa, no pay the lawyers. 

• Love 5

I guess it's just my pride but if I were in Theresa shoes I would rather admit to be a criminal mastermind then pretend to have the Iq of a a squash. It's so ridiculous to say she didn't know what she was signing, didnt understand the plea agreement. She has to look toward her post sentence life now. Americans love a come back and people have short memories. She is not helping her cause at all right now.

• Love 5

Teresa seems to be  treating the Bureau of Corrections and the federal judiciary like travel agents.  Just how cozy and how much favoritism does these agencies need to show her.

I agree with Heather Dubrow why should Bravo knowingly continue to support a felon whose crimes were committed while employed by them and conceivably used the profits to maintain this luxury lifestyle.  I would not want to be painted with the same brush. 

• Love 6

Continuing a discussion from the 06:14 episode thread.  

Personally, I like to watch Theresa.  She is an idiot, and I don't mean that in a general sense of "Oh, what an idiot."  She is a profoundly stupid person who really does not understand how she comes off.  So even when she is being a good little Bravo employee and playing along, she always sticks her foot in it.  Always.  She is remarkably clueless, all the while trying to convince us that she is a savvy business woman.  That is the key to her - there is what she wants us to believe and the actuality of her.  When watching, you can see her reaching for comprehension that she simply cannot achieve.  She is so sensitive to being called stupid because she is very stupid.  She cannot defend herself because she is fighting without any tools in her mental tool box.  

It is her very lack of understanding how she comes across that makes her reality TV gold.  She wants a new, "cleansy" house.  Of course, she lived in "used" houses her whole life until they built Chateau Juicy.  She is a concerned mother, but she cannot remember to have her daughters buckle up nor does she put down her coffee for the ride to school.  She is a devoted friend who never recognizes when she says something hurtful or inappropriate.  She is a devoted wife who tells us that her husband is drunk all the time.  She has no filters..  In a show full of stupid people, she and Joe Go stand out as beacons of idiocy.  

But much like Vicki from OC, Theresa's cluelessness makes her imminently watchable.  I really believe it never occurred to her how egregious the financial decisions she and Juicy made were.  This does not excuse her or him.  They are both adults who should either know better or know that, between them, they cannot be relied upon to do basic math, let alone manage mortgages, lending and commitments to suppliers and vendors.  They should have reputable accountants and financial managers handle all of their affairs.  They are paying the price for a wrongful and unfathomable laissez faire attitude; eventually tomorrow is today and bills must be paid.  They committed criminal acts, have rightly been convicted and are going to prison.  

Regardless of the rightfulness of the conviction, I take no joy in it.  I understand people being glad they got caught after watching her parade her ill-gotten wealth on TV.  It is especially difficult when you imagine the people who were hurt by their actions.   I am an independent consultant, and I know how hard it is when you do not get paid or reimbursed for expenses.  But I cannot understand the level of vitriol people express either at Juicy and Tre or in defense of them.  Life goes on all around us; this is TV.  Yes, their actions had horrible effects on others, including their four beautiful daughters.  They will pay a price for their parents choices that we cannot fully comprehend.  As parents, Tre and Joe owed their daughters so much more than they gave them.  I am sure that the girls would rather have safety and stability than material goods, an unknown future and parents preparing for prison.

Regardless, Tre makes me laugh and cringe.  She is neither a monster nor a saint.  She is a deeply flawed, painfully stupid, clueless person who can be very entertaining.  

• Love 16

Muffyn, I totally agree with your articulate post above.

In addition, I hope Teresa's new lawyer strongly suggests that Teresa have a psychological evaluation and follow-up counseling.  I think she wants to do better for her girls but needs firm guidance to even begin to make it happen.

Teresa seems to be  treating the Bureau of Corrections and the federal judiciary like travel agents.  Just how cozy and how much favoritism does these agencies need to show her.

I agree with Heather Dubrow why should Bravo knowingly continue to support a felon whose crimes were committed while employed by them and conceivably used the profits to maintain this luxury lifestyle.  I would not want to be painted with the same brush. 

I get that you should not fire someone until they are found or plead guilty but once that happens, they should be fired if chargers are pressed when they are on a show. It gives the entire franchise a black eye otherwise, between the Giudices and Apollo, there is a rising consensus that ALL the HWs and or their husbands are corrupt. It is not fair to lump all the other cast members in with these 3 but it is happening, at least on FB, and that belief will continue to grow if Bravo decides to keep the Giudices on this show or feature them on their own spin off. That and it would be a slap in the face to those of us that follow the law, pay our bills and live within our means.

• Love 3

There is no life coach- client confidentiality.   Wendy was a life coach for Theresa on preparing for prison.   She advised Theresa on what to expect and tried to prepare her mentally and emotionally.   Theresa is still living in her delusional little world where this is all about some silly little paperwork and so she shouldn't have to go to jail.   Wendy did what any self-respecting person would do and dumped her ass.   Why go public?   Well as others pointed out, it wouldn't exactly have helped her reputation to have Theresa putting all the blame on her and claiming she was never warned she could go to prison.   Is there a PR hit from talking about your moron of a client?   Sure.   But also great marketing.   See what happens when you don't listen to me?   The minor hit to her rep is less than the one she would take if she came out after Theresa started bad mouthing her.

As for the attorneys, they probably dumped for non-payment.   But also because the moron client didn't listen to them.   As well as all the blaming.   Sure most prisoners blame their attorneys for their sentence, but they don't go on national television and do it.   Especially after getting them a SWEETHEART of a deal.   Don't listen, don't pay, then have the guts to complain?   So sorry, bye-bye, let me know who to send your file to.

• Love 6

I'm skeptical that the attorneys withdrew because they weren't paid.  Only because I've got to believe*** they required a pretty hefty retainer up front, and that in their engagement letter they required that the retainer be replenished when/if the legal bills exceeded the amount of the retainer.    

*** unless they're completely incompetent attorneys

I believe, instead, that either Theresa went and found a new attorney because she thought she might get a different/better result, or that the original attorneys had had enough (can you blame them?), but hung on until the trial was over and then withdrew.  

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 4

I get that you should not fire someone until they are found or plead guilty but once that happens, they should be fired if chargers are pressed when they are on a show. It gives the entire franchise a black eye otherwise, between the Giudices and Apollo, there is a rising consensus that ALL the HWs and or their husbands are corrupt. It is not fair to lump all the other cast members in with these 3 but it is happening, at least on FB, and that belief will continue to grow if Bravo decides to keep the Giudices on this show or feature them on their own spin off. That and it would be a slap in the face to those of us that follow the law, pay our bills and live within our means.

So does that mean that convicted felons no longer have the ability to earn a living? What will we do with all these people who no longer gain employment because they have a criminal past?

• Love 2

Why go public?   Well as others pointed out, it wouldn't exactly have helped her reputation to have Theresa putting all the blame on her and claiming she was never warned she could go to prison.   Is there a PR hit from talking about your moron of a client?   Sure.   But also great marketing.   See what happens when you don't listen to me?   The minor hit to her rep is less than the one she would take if she came out after Theresa started bad mouthing her.

Bad-mouthing her over what? Teresa has never mentioned this woman's name once. Similar to her ghostwriter, Teresa doesn't want people to know she has all these people working for her. Esp. advisers like a "crisis" coach. And blame her for not warning her that she could go to prison? That's her lawyers' job. Which they did, btw, and it's all in the plea agreement, which was signed by Teresa under a line stating she read and understood the terms of the deal.

And good luck to Wendy signing up any new clients after she called one out as "rogue." From reading the new attorney's letter, Teresa's "rogue" actions were to ask the judge for clarification on the prison facilities request. How is that showing disrespect to the judicial system, as Wendy asserts? Even the prosecutors didn't object. Then she asked for a halfway house assignment, which is ridiculous, but hardly disrespectful. Lawyers file crazy motions for their clients all the time.. It's no big deal. Wendy just went berserk because her client disagreed with and ignored her advice. I'm sure this is frustrating, but it's not uncommon. Break from your client, and move on. Quietly.

• Love 4

I respectfully disagree…we all pay for the unemployed, convicted felons or not. 

• Love 2

I'm skeptical that the attorneys withdrew because they weren't paid.  Only because I've got to believe*** they required a pretty hefty retainer up front, and in that their engagement letter required that the retainer be replenished when/if the legal bills exceeded the amount of the retainer.    

*** unless they're completely incompetent attorneys

I believe, instead, that either Theresa went and found a new attorney because she thought she might get a different/better result, or that the original attorneys had had enough (can you blame them?), but hung on until the trial was over and then withdrew.  

Klingman was still her Attorney until Monday, he withdrew when the new Attorney gave the Court that letter. I have no doubts that he refused to do Teresa's bidding and/or play her games and that is why she got a new Attorney.  JMO

• Love 2

So does that mean that convicted felons no longer have the ability to earn a living? What will we do with all these people who no longer gain employment because they have a criminal past?

Of course they should be able to earn a living. But that paycheck doesn't have to come from a TV network that glorifies and rewards grifters convicted of fraud. And to make it worse, because it's tv, their high rolling life is flaunted on the screen for all to see. This is what incites so much anger and resentment.

• Love 7

No, they should work but not be rewarded with big paychecks and shows on TV. Let Teresa work in a store selling clothes or at the local grocery running the check out line, anything except being on TV. I feel the same way about Apollo and Joe as well. JMO

I respectfully disagree…we all pay for the unemployed, convicted felons or not. 

They can work, just NOT on TV! Let them earn a living off camera in the private sector so that their kids have a chance at a normal life.

AND I was speaking of Bravo show employees, aka/HWs., not ALL employers! LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

To me what it means if you commit and are convicted of numerous felonies Bravo should not continue to employ you. Publishers should not pay for more silly interviews about how worried Teresa is about her girls, or TV should not continue to cast these talentless hacks.  These castings aren't really based on talent so I think like many reality stars and folks in the entertainment industry before them they should find just a regular job.  Teresa has experience in retail and degree I would suggest she start there, Joe has worked in construction.   Everyday we read about teachers, police officers, accountants that break the law and lose their jobs and once they have finished their confinement (if any) they rejoin the work force.  Any reality star (I am thinking Gretchen & Slade) that thinks the owes them forever and ever are delusional.

What it came down to me, is it was a crappy season, everyone tip toeing around Teresa-because she was accused and later plead guilt to crimes.  The one time she could have played it forward and been a better person, she chose $$$$ and had that idiotic conversation with Victoria Gotti.  Was Teresa the solely responsible for the rumor-no, but she was the conduit who put it in play.  Just once she should have thought of somebody else's family.  Instead it was deny, deny and great umbrage that TeRessa would hold her accountable to some degree.

ETA-it would be nice to show the citizens of this world that being convicted of a felony means something other than losing one's right to vote or own firearms.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

I get what y'all are saying.  But the quickest way for them to at least make headway on their debts is to make as much as possible…legally, of course.

IMO

They can pay with regular jobs OFF of TV as well. There is no reason they should be rewarded with big paychecks to pay off what they tried to STEAL. Only 20%-25% of whatever they make will go to pay off any debts, the rest will be for their personal use! That means, if Teresa is paid $750,000 a season, at most only $250,000 goes toward the debts but they keep at least $500,000 to keep living a lifestyle they built on fraud/theft! That is not teaching them anything IMO.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

Teachers and police officers are in a position of power in their communities and are expected to be good role models, so it makes sense to fire them if they break the law.

Apollo and the Giudices might be the most egregious criminals, but we've had five literal assaults by housewives on the show in each of the cities and they still have/ had jobs after the fact. You almost have to be an unsavory character to be in this franchise. It's quickly becoming Diet Bad Girls Club.

I don't think anyone looks up to these people or expects anything positive out of them at this point, so I don't care if they are back on Bravo.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 3

No, they should work but not be rewarded with big paychecks and shows on TV. Let Teresa work in a store selling clothes or at the local grocery running the check out line, anything except being on TV. I feel the same way about Apollo and Joe as well. JMO

Creditors are going to take any paycheck they get, so they're not going to be living large for a long time unless they decide to get "creative" again, which won't surprise me.

• Love 1

Martha came right out of prison and started a TV show and I don't remember any outrage. Bravo is a business and if they determine they will make profits for the shareholders of NBC, or whatever owns Bravo, they should be free to employ the people they believe will bring the ratings. The shows are not about role models. That said, I think Teresa is boring as hell and the show is done.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 3

To me what it means if you commit and are convicted of numerous felonies Bravo should not continue to employ you. Publishers should not pay for more silly interviews about how worried Teresa is about her girls, or TV should not continue to cast these talentless hacks.  These castings aren't really based on talent so I think like many reality stars and folks in the entertainment industry before them they should find just a regular job.  Teresa has experience in retail and degree I would suggest she start there, Joe has worked in construction.   Everyday we read about teachers, police officers, accountants that break the law and lose their jobs and once they have finished their confinement (if any) they rejoin the work force.  Any reality star (I am thinking Gretchen & Slade) that thinks the owes them forever and ever are delusional.

What it came down to me, is it was a crappy season, everyone tip toeing around Teresa-because she was accused and later plead guilt to crimes.  The one time she could have played it forward and been a better person, she chose $$$$ and had that idiotic conversation with Victoria Gotti.  Was Teresa the solely responsible for the rumor-no, but she was the conduit who put it in play.  Just once she should have thought of somebody else's family.  Instead it was deny, deny and great umbrage that TeRessa would hold her accountable to some degree.

ETA-it would be nice to show the citizens of this world that being convicted of a felony means something other than losing one's right to vote or own firearms.

Teachers and police officers hold positions of public trust with moral clauses in their contracts. That is an entirely different standard than that of reality show personality.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 2

From the article: Giudice's attorney, Stacy Ann Biancamano, said her client would have made the request but did not know that she could. "She really wasn't fully understanding of how the sentencing process works," Biancamano said.

And yet her hot button word is  "stupid". So much for her lawyers and advisor.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

I'm glad to see that the Judge denied the request for 12 months at a half-way house.  However, I'm not so sure about Danbury being a viable location for Teresa.  I was curious about this "Second Chance Act" mentioned in the new attorney's letter so I did some reading about it online.  Apparently, it's intended for prisoners who have had an extended confinement to help them with re-entry into society.  I'm sure Teresa thinks that 15 months is "extended" but it's really not.  She could have wound up with a much longer stay.  I also found this interesting statement about the BOP's half-way house policy. http://famm.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/FAQ-Second-Chance-Act-5.4.pdf

"In fact, the BOP has since stated that while it considers each prisoner individually, the standard amount of halfway house time most prisoners will receive is a maximum of 6 months, and only in extraordinary cases will a prisoner receive more than 6 months halfway house."

Back to the Danbury facility.......There is an article posted on the Huffington Post about women prisoners.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/megan-quattlebaum/states-lead-will-the-feds_b_5780764.html

The author of that article seems to believe that Danbury no longer has any female prisoners.  At least that's how I interpreted this statement:

"But this momentum toward the goal of incarcerating women in the least restrictive setting possible disappeared as soon as Danbury was empty.” [of women prisoners]

Another thing I found interesting today is the letter the new attorney sent to the judge.  Starting off the fourth line of the second paragraph she mentions Teresa's defense attorneys.  However, it is misspelled.  She wrote "densense counsel" instead of defense counsel.

https://amradaronline.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/teresa_giudice-signed.pdf

Didn't she ever hear of spell check?

Edited by AnnA

Martha came right out of prison and started a TV show and I don't remember any outrage. Bravo is a business and if they determine they will make profits for the shareholders of NBC, or whatever owns Bravo, they should be free to employ the people they believe will bring the ratings. The shows are not about role models.

I agree that the show is not about role models, but it's supposed to be a show about interesting people (HW's) living interesting lives, interacting with other interesting people (HW's), not criminals who front an interesting life based on ill-gotten wealth. Hey, there's a show there, but it's not one I'd watch. Speaking of which, I don't think these felons will bring in the ratings anymore, not to mention the backlash Bravo might face if they hire them again. And lastly, Teresa is no Martha Stewart. That's an apples and oranges comparison.

• Love 3