Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

I wish I knew what this meant. Sounds ominous.

It means after wasting an hour of the court's time taking her plea, and doing all the pre-sentencing stuff and going through sentencing if she now claims she was told to plead or "didn't understand" the judge can pull her plea and reinstate the 41 counts and force her to trial.

I don't see how this is true since Double Jeopardy would attach. You cannot retry someone for the same offense and once a verdict is rendered either by judge or jury and a sentence is pronounced it's a done deal. A judge cannot go back and give a new sentence even if a murderer found innocent says after the verdict, "Ha ha suckers! I did it!" Since I wasn't certain I looked it up and found that "In a trial before a judge, jeopordy attaches after the first witness takes the oath and begins to testify."

You can if someone claims a plea for forced or coerced.  She is making the claim not the court.

If I were Teresa I would make sure the $200,000.00 is posted since it was part of her deal.  Or maybe she didn't understand it.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

I watched WWHL again.  It was jarring that apparently these two felons haven't spoken to each other.  Oh, Gia's counselor called and said... 

Then Joe said Milania came up to him and asked him if he needed to tell her something. 

There was so much disconnect.  They obviously did not speak to each other the day after the sentencing, the day of this filming.  Re-watch it. 

Juicy, 'If you stick  me with a knife I wouldn't feel it."  I'm guessing you would Juicy because I don't think you can be sauced up in the coop.  IMO

I'd go to a book signing and say PRISON PRISON PRISON and give her some pony tail bands. 

Tre's tan is now almost past orange - on her way to purple.

I remember Jacqueline at the Reunion talking about Joe calling Teresa a c%^t and Jacqueline said-they do it all the time and she punches him.  My guess is Teresa has Joe on ice out phase.  It must really burn her that she has to go first and her money is keeping him in the mansion and probably by the time she gets out there will be no mansion for her to live in.  My guess is Joe is living in his room these days.

• Love 4

It means after wasting an hour of the court's time taking her plea, and doing all the pre-sentencing stuff and going through sentencing if she now claims she was told to plead or "didn't understand" the judge can pull her plea and reinstate the 41 counts and force her to trial.

I meant technically, as in legal procedure. I read his Twitter, and it sounds like he's just mouthing off. His next tweet said something like: If I was the judge, I'd haul Teresa back in and make sure things were CLEAR." So nothing's going to happen. Although I'd love it if it did. Teresa's "my daughters...all I did was sign things...my daughters...I'm too trusting...my daughters" act is getting old.

Speaking of "my daughters," I was angry, although not at all surprised, that so much of the interview centered on the girls. Teresa whored her kids out long ago, but to not shield them from scrutiny in this (and forthcoming) interviews is unconscionable. Last night I learned that Gabriella is not very chatty and holds her emotions, insight into Milania and Audriana and what they know/don't know, and that Gia's school is pulling her out of class once a week for special counseling. Why did I have to hear all this? What a violation to all four of them. I'm so sick of people - including the judge - saying that these two are good parents and love their kids. They are TERRIBLE parents, who make terrible decisions about their kids ten times a day.

• Love 12

They are so dumb it is almost not even funny anymore. I hope the judge was watching. Nope, they still don't get it. I strongly doubt they will get it after serving their time either.

Andy is doing better than he  usually does, but he is still not asking the right questions IMO.  Why does he just focus - and let them get away with only commenting on - the mortgage fraud stuff?  Yea, yea, yea, Teresa didn't understand what she was signing. To me, this isn't really the meat of the issue. Their entire house of cards fell apart because of the bankruptcy fraud.  For the love of all that is holy, can someone for once ask Teresa about this? How could you not know you had set up a website that was selling items and collecting funds? Why did you deny that you had received money from you book deal? Why did you lie about the amount of money that your boss, who is sitting in front of you, paid you to be on this reality show? Did you really not understand that the check you were endorsing and depositing into your checking account was a check for rent on your property? She was deposed on two occasions. She flat out lied. She never has to explain or answer for this, just gets away with acting like she wasn't savvy enough to understand "contracts" since she doesn't deal with them every day.

And WTF about she never spent beyond her means? That the nice stuff she has is because she is on a Reality Show and folks give her stuff? Were folks giving her stuff back when she was a SAHM amassing the $11 Million in debt? I wish he would have followed up on the $3K bag question and said, "so, you didn't pay retail then? how much would you say that bag cost you?"  It would have been great to hear her throw out a number.

• Love 10

That's a good question, and one I can answer since I'm in the long dual-citizenship process myself. I had always assumed Teresa has dual citizenship via her parents. If that's the case, via jus sanguinis (bloodline), no criminal record is taken into consideration. If she were only applying now via marriage...then yes, her record will now likely impede her chances. 

I didn't think Giacinto and Antonia Gorga became citizens---anyone know for sure? They don't strike me as much different than the Giudices. But I could be wrong. Teresa would have been (extra) dumb not to have obtained citizenship for herself since having non-naturalized parents is a total cake-walk in the process (as opposed to grandparents, great-grandparents, one naturalized, one didn't, no records etc). Ditto for the girls. I have only assumed, again, the girls have their Italian passports due to Juicy. I really really hope Joe and Tre weren't just too lazy to every get their documents in order, or Joe saying "they're Italian citizens, I'm their dad, so ya know."  sigh

I don't believe Italy strips people of their citizenship unless they have committed treason.

ETA: Someone upthread mentioned Rome and Jersey Shore. That's neither here nor there. "Rome" was acting as the city, not the State gov't. Florence played the good whore and took JS and the money along with it. It wasn't about keeping Americans out, so I doubt they would reject Juicy. There are heavier problems the country is dealing with, lol. 

I am not sure if the SR Gorgas are US citizens but Teresa was born in the US, so she IS!

• Love 1

I am not sure if the SR Gorgas are US citizens but Teresa was born in the US, so she IS!

Yes, she is. That's why I wrote I wasn't sure if her parents naturalized and if she thought to obtain Italian citizenship via bloodline vs her marriage to Juicy (the former would have been easier for her, the latter pretty much out the window now).

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 1

They are so dumb it is almost not even funny anymore. I hope the judge was watching. Nope, they still don't get it. I strongly doubt they will get it after serving their time either.

The judge even said to Teresa - and this is verbatim: "I think you finally get it." Um, excuse me, Your Honor? WTF made her say that?

• Love 4

Another thought.....when Teresa was in court, in front of the judge, entering her plea and being sentenced, was there not at least some point during which she would have been specifically asked if she understood - both the plea and the sentencing?  So, now she claims she didn't understand, didn't even speak to her lawyer right after sentencing - so it seems to me that she certainly MUST be lying to someone. Of course, I'm certain her carefully worded references to not understanding and to her being EVER SO IMPORTANT as a mom (way to throw juicy under the bus, tre) was for the specific purpose of pandering to her fans and keeping the fires burning on the the 'free tre' mantra.  Makes me want to puke.

• Love 5
Why did you lie about the amount of money that your boss, who is sitting in front of you, paid you to be on this reality show? Did you really not understand that the check you were endorsing and depositing into your checking account was a check for rent on your property? She was deposed on two occasions. She flat out lied.

I don't buy Teresa's defense that she didn't understand anything, but this issue has me a bit perplexed. How was it possible for her to lie about this particular thing with her legal team present? Wouldn't they have collected her pay stubs/W2s? How were Teresa and Joe able to flat out lie and contruct a totally false narrative with their legal team in tow?

• Love 1

WWHL got me all nostalgic and misty-eyed for the day I realized Teresa was a lying liar who lies. The day that made me give the side-eye to every single word she said. Things about Melissa, about Joey, Kathy. It is the reason I never questioned everyone reaching their own conclusions about who she was back in S3.  I never blamed Jac, or Caroline, or anyone because I knew what it must be like to try and work/live/talk to someone like this. 

If you haven't seen it, it was the day she came on The View. Oh, dumb Teresa probably thought it was going to be an easy gig.  Just talking to the ladies about shopping and such. It was bad  news for her, however, because this was the day Bryant Gumbel was guest-hosting. The look on his face as she tries to spin her tale about why they filed for BR was just awesome. It is comforting for me to know that nothing has changed.  She was saying back then (this was filmed soon after they filed) that she never spent beyond her means, just like she is saying it now.  Good times.

• Love 8
This is classic! Who are you going to believe? The Guidices or your lying eyes?

And she definitely throwing Joe under the bus. To me, she looked as pissed as shit. Maybe she did question him when he put papers in front of her to sign but can't you hear him say "Don't worry about it."?[/quote

Yep. Followed by, "It is what it is. Sign the papers you fuckin' c$nt!"

• Love 1

I don't have much. I don't feel sorry for the Guidices; they did what they did, pled guilty and there is a penalty they have to pay. Daughters or no daughters, that's how it works.

Clearly Teresa was still in shock.  I think she truly thought she was going to walk  but did she not even realize there was a chance she would do prison time?  Apparently not.  She's going to be more careful about what she signs in the future - that's what she's taking away from this? To me, that's sad  - she still doesn't get it, and probably never will. They're both living in some strange place.

Andy - has to mention yet again how she pushed him at the reunion, and next week is going to call her out on the "scripted" comment.   Does Andy still think he can convince people these shows are not scripted?  Please.

• Love 6

Awesome video motorcitymom. Teresa level of denial is unbelievable,

I only hope that judge Salas watched last night WWHL and had a come to Jesus moment when she realized that she had been duped.

Judge Salas considered just probation for an unrepentant criminal like Teresa? WTF If Teresa in some moment of clarity would have done the right thing for just once and declare accurately her assets she wouldn't even be going to jail or even house arrest, just probation which is a joke.

I wish that the prosecutors would have included as part of their deal an interview with these two felons were they finally acknowledge and apologize for their criminal behavior , the way they are painting this is like they were victim of the circunstances, the lawyers, the accountants, the prosecutors, anybody but them.

The bottom line is that the lawyers, accountants, bank officers, etc were not the ones enjoying the ill gotten money, it was the Guidices. I can't believe that for a moment when they pleaded guilty that I imagine that they finally were accepting their faults. These two felons haven't learn a thing and never will.

Edited by Leroux
  • Love 3

I meant technically, as in legal procedure. I read his Twitter, and it sounds like he's just mouthing off. His next tweet said something like: If I was the judge, I'd haul Teresa back in and make sure things were CLEAR." So nothing's going to happen. Although I'd love it if it did. Teresa's "my daughters...all I did was sign things...my daughters...I'm too trusting...my daughters" act is getting old.

Politano was just mouthing off.  Pleas can be withdrawn if the Defendant truly didn't understand what they were doing but it is very rare.  Those motions to withdraw pleas are almost always done the defense and almost always denied by the judge unless the transcript of the plea proceedings shows that the judge did not adequately question them about their plea or the defendant expressed some sort of confusion at the time.  

There is no way the judge would call the case back on her own.  The prosecution could file a motion to set aside the plea and sentencing and set the case for trial again but they would never in a million years do that because, the fact of the matter is, the prosecution (and the judge for that matter) does not want to go to trial on 41 counts.  (Hence, the plea agreement on both sides.)   They presently have convictions and prison time for both defendants.  They would clearly quit while they are ahead and be happy with the result.

Edited by RedBaron
  • Love 1

I'm a self-admitted marshmallow and felt very bad for Teresa when she was talking about Gabriella instinctively knowing she needed a kiss, and Gia vowing to take care of the girls. She glows when she talks about her kids and judging by the conversation about the guidance counselor, seems invested in their education. I sense true remorse from Teresa about her crimes hurting the kids (but not in any other area). And OMG, poor Gia. Gia has made the biggest emotional transformation out of all the grown women not just in NJ, but the whole franchise. My heart truly aches for her.

Joe, on the other hand...WTF. Who are the "they" who gave him fake W-2s and he just signed them because whatever it is what it is gotta do what ya gotta do. And his casual frustration and brushing off taking out fake loans -- didn't he say something like "fine, I may have done some illegal things in my businesses or whatever", like he got caught speeding. Like we all accidentally create a fake identity on forged government documents and get indicted now and then. Watching those two is like a non-stop competition for who demonstrates the most obliviousness to the concept of actions and consequences.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 6

The one big laugh I did have during this crap fest was when Andy asked Teresa what she was going to do without all her hair and beauty products. And she replied that she planned to 'slick back' her hair. Yup.  She has clearly given much more thought to  incarceration grooming possibilities than to her daughters psychological and physical well-being. Problem solved.

• Love 8
"fine, I may have done some illegal things in my businesses or whatever", like he got caught speeding. Like we all accidentally create a fake identity on forged government documents and get indicted now and then.

You mean you never used a sibling's passport or ID by accident......?? ;-) lol

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 2

Why did these dumbasses even agree to the WWHL interview?

Or did I just answer my own question.

I think someone mentioned earlier that it's part of their contract when Andy calls you for a WWHL segment, in order to receive Bravo's check at the end of the season.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 1

I think someone mentioned earlier that it's part of their contract when Andy calls you for a WWHL segment, in order to receive Bravo's check at the end of the season.

My assumption is that when Bravo brought them back for this season they specifically stipulated that they would have to give Bravo a post sentence interview and attend the Reunion.

I couldn't stomach the thought of watching this dog and pony show last night and after reading all of your comments, I'm glad I didn't. And there is going to be a Part 2? Oy.

I guess I can believe that they lied to their daughters and have tried to keep them completely in the dark about what is going on. But I have to believe that Gabriella and Milania have an idea that SOMETHING is going on. Those poor kids.

Teresa is preparing to serve her 15-month prison sentence at the same place Stewart served time for insider trading: Alderson Federal Prison Camp in West Virginia, aka Camp Cupcake!

“Teresa’s advisors have told her that she will most likely go to Alderson because the other women’s federal prison in Connecticut — Danbury — is transitioning to housing men only,” a source told Radar. “Danbury is much closer to Teresa’s family in nearby New Jersey, but the length of her prison sentence will probably rule it out.”

Set on 159 acres overlooking the Greenbrier River, “Alderson is known as Camp Cupcake!” the source joked. The minimum-security facility has yoga and cooking classes. And addition to hosting Stewart, it was also home to former beauty queen Danielle Chiesi when she served time for insider trading as well.

During her own 15-month stint, Teresa will be required to do manual labor, which could include doing prison laundry, cooking in the kitchen, or trash pick-up.

The prison opened in 1928, and the inmates are housed in cottages, instead of the communal dorms​.

Despite the fact that it could be much worse, “Teresa refuses to even look at any of the material regarding Alderson,” the source said. She is hoping she will get a last-minute reprieve, but that isn’t going to happen. The sooner Teresa accepts it, the better it will be for her.”

“Alderson is in West Virginia, which would make it almost impossible for her to visit with the kids on a regular weekly basis,” the source explained. “Still, Teresa has been told by her lawyers that Alderson would actually be a much better fit for her than anywhere else, as the prison doesn’t even have barbed wire around it, and it’s minimum security.”'

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/10/teresa-joe-giudice-rhonj-real-housewives-new-jersey-3/

• Love 2

I'm a self-admitted marshmallow and felt very bad for Teresa when she was talking about Gabriella instinctively knowing she needed a kiss, and Gia vowing to take care of the girls. She glows when she talks about her kids and judging by the conversation about the guidance counselor, seems invested in their education. I sense true remorse from Teresa about her crimes hurting the kids (but not in any other area). And OMG, poor Gia. Gia has made the biggest emotional transformation out of all the grown women not just in NJ, but the whole franchise. My heart truly aches for her.

Joe, on the other hand...WTF. Who are the "they" who gave him fake W-2s and he just signed them because whatever it is what it is gotta do what ya gotta do. And his casual frustration and brushing off taking out fake loans -- didn't he say something like "fine, I may have done some illegal things in my businesses or whatever", like he got caught speeding. Like we all accidentally create a fake identity on forged government documents and get indicted now and then. Watching those two is like a non-stop competition for who demonstrates the most obliviousness to the concept of actions and consequences.

I can't give her any slack after hearing her say that Gia's Guidance Counselor contacted her, it was Teresa that should have called the school, met with her teachers, the GC and the Principal BEFORE sentencing to discuss Gia's well being in school, NOT the other way around. She should have done that for ALL of the girls! Then to send Gabrilla and Maliania to school without telling them anything is horrendous in IMO and shows that although she may love her daughters, she is NOT a very good parent, the same with Joe! Kids hear their parents talk and will ask ALL 4 girls about this and 3 of them were unprepared for that because their parents are/tools/liars and fools! Even if Teresa was given house arrest/probation, they will still have had the emotional pain of their father going to prison and I find it appalling that Teresa does not really acknowledge that he is also very important in their lives just like she is.

• Love 9
“Teresa refuses to even look at any of the material regarding Alderson,” the source said. She is hoping she will get a last-minute reprieve, but that isn’t going to happen.

Like the governor of New Jersey will call her on January 4th and tell her "Psyche! We were just kidding youse."

• Love 6

Like the governor of New Jersey will call her on January 4th and tell her "Psyche! We were just kidding youse."

To be fair if Christie thought that would garner him votes he'd do it in a second.

I find the fact that Milania is not the mastermind behind all this disappointing.

• Love 9

Well who knew that Andy had it in him? He really did ask some hard questions last night and didn't let the blank stares and blinking deter him. I do understand Theresa's concern about Joe keeping up with the girls. My husband is a wonderful father but he really has no idea about the day to day goings on with our 13 year old. She has cheerleading, gymnastics, volleyball, beta club, tutoring just to name a few activities . Poor Gia she doesn't deserve to be a mini mom at this young age. The real punishment for these two isn't prison it's the trail of devastation that they are leaving for their children that will last a lifetime. As for Theresa discussing that Gia is going to be seeing the guidance counselor one a week, way to protect Gia's privacy you idiot! Haven't you done enough to ruin this girl's life already? the younger kids may not know the specifics but they are well aware something awful is happening. And the plan to lie to them is just all sort of ridiculous.

• Love 4

I may be in the minority, but I actually could see Teresa not understanding what was going on, including the original crimes. She strikes me as very old school, as in "the wife takes care of the house and the kids," and "business matters are up to the men." I could easily see a situation where Joe provided her with papers to sign, even handled things with their attorneys, and Teresa assumed that he was acting her their best interest. That doesn't mean that I don't think that she should be punished (because you have to do the time even if you're not fully cognizant of doing the crime), but just that I actually don't think that she's lying when she says that she "didn't know" or "didn't understand." As for the clip from the view, I absolutely believe that she was trying to remember her lines, but not because she was lying. Rather, I think that Teresa honestly has no clue about what's going on, why it's happening, or what it all means, but has been trying to cover up her ignorance by parroting whatever her husband, their business associates, and their legal team tells her.

• Love 11

Some info about he reunion that was taped on Sunday:

Teresa — clad in a sequin cream colored strapless glittery ensemble — “showed up three hours late,” the insider said, adding that “once taping began … the waterworks started.”  Teresa denied that her marriage to Joe was over because of his almost 5-year prison sentence (and threat of being deported to Italy) but refused to elaborate past her initial statement, the insider said.  “Teresa is absolutely still in denial, and did her best to dodge all questions about the prison sentence,” the insider said. “She would get very emotional and storm off the set, and come back a few minutes later.”

Meanwhile, none of her other co-stars jumped to her defense as Andy kept pounding away on the questions, according to the insider.  Twins Teresa and Nicole also went after Teresa for having Victoria Gotti reveal on camera that their mother allegedly had sex with Rino Aprea. Once again, Teresa deflected, and said it wasn’t her fault, and couldn’t control what Victoria said. Dina Manzo just sat on the couch, mumbling something about mercury being in retrograde, and tried to maintain the calm.

The 8-hour-plus taping “was epic,” the insider said, “and Bravo definitely will play it out over multiple nights.”

The true class act on Sunday ended up being Joe Giudice, according to the insider.  “He was a first class gentleman, humble, and very respectful towards Andy,” the source told RadarOnline.com exclusively. “If only his wife could learn some lessons from her husband, Teresa might not be going to prison for 15 months.” 

Noticeably absent from the taping was Jacqueline Laurita, who was brought back mid-season to provide a boost to the low ratings.  Production insiders told us, “It’s still very tense between Jacqueline and Dina, and she didn’t want to deal with all of the drama. There was no way Jacqueline was going to go into that hornet’s nest, it was all part of her contract.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/10/teresa-joe-giudice-reunion-special-real-housewives-of-new-jersey-andy-cohen/

• Love 1

I feel so dirty this morning. i cannot believe I actually wached. So, the consensus seems to be that they were contractually obligated or got paid a boatload of money for the crapfest.

Interesting because I felt like that moron Teresa may actually think if she whines enough the judge will change her mind. Or maybe she beleives her massive fan base will petition  the court  to change her sentence. Loved how she was subtely blaming her attorney "that's what  you hire them for, to fight for you". Honey, after the way you and that thug you married carried on on National television, flaunting your make up artishs, hairdressers, parties and dinners in New York, perhaps you should consider what your attorney had to work with. Idiots. You're luck you didn' t get the same sentence as Joe.

Ah, but the clincher had to be Milania doesn't know what happened. Even Andy, not exactly the epitome of parental knowledge, tried to point out that an 8 year old had to have heard something from their schoolmates. But., Nah, the  Queen of Denial is alive and well. That stupid woman has  not learned one, single thing. It is still deny, pretend and deflct blame.

I do feel for those girls,  but not because their parents are going away. In fact, I suspect them going away might be the only hope they have. Unfortunately they are not going away together so they will be subjected to an alcoholic, disinterested Dad. and then a delusional, idiot Mom. The true tragedy  is that  two moronic, selfish sociopaths are allowed to procreate. Four times, no less. That is tragic.  

I truly, truly hate these people.

• Love 4

It sounds freaking awesome! I don't think the US federal court will take kindly to Teresa publicly denying any real culpability after accepting a plea bargain in hopes of leniency. If they have grounds to haul her ass back in for a harsher sentence, I'm all for it.

Even worse, from the courts point of view, than denying guilt is her statements that she didn't understand it. Part of any plea deal is a statement form the Defendent that they understand what they are pleading to. She just admitted,  on National TV, that she, once again, perjured herself. Nice work Tre. 

The stupidity of this couple is truly stunning. Along with the fact that  they never, ever learn.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 4

I may be in the minority, but I actually could see Teresa not understanding what was going on, including the original crimes. She strikes me as very old school, as in "the wife takes care of the house and the kids," and "business matters are up to the men." I could easily see a situation where Joe provided her with papers to sign, even handled things with their attorneys, and Teresa assumed that he was acting her their best interest. That doesn't mean that I don't think that she should be punished (because you have to do the time even if you're not fully cognizant of doing the crime), but just that I actually don't think that she's lying when she says that she "didn't know" or "didn't understand." As for the clip from the view, I absolutely believe that she was trying to remember her lines, but not because she was lying. Rather, I think that Teresa honestly has no clue about what's going on, why it's happening, or what it all means, but has been trying to cover up her ignorance by parroting whatever her husband, their business associates, and their legal team tells her.

I can understand, but don't agree, with giving Teresa a pass on the mortgage fraud.  However, by the time she filed BK she had set up a business, that made $150,000.00, entered into a $250,000.00 contract and was making $90,000.00 a season from Bravo.  These are material facts she concealed from the BK-not only on the initial filing, but three times she was taken into BK court, sworn in and denied these assets.  If a person had the where for all to enter into these contracts, open bank accounts and cash the checks she is no longer some old school wife sitting at home under her husband's thumb.  Furthermore, Teresa readily admits she maintained a good credit rating and is a college graduate. 

• Love 6

I didn't watch the interview and don't plan to. I feel so bad for Gia as she is old enough to truly understand what is happening. I feel like she will carry a huge load of responsibility when Tre is in jail because I have a feeling Joe is going to be drinking his anger away instead of being there for his children. Sad.

• Love 3

Even worse, from the courts point of view, than denying guilt is her statements that she didn't understand it. Part of any plea deal is a statement form the Defendent that they understand what they are pleading to. She just admitted,  on National TV, that she, once again, perjured herself. Nice work Tre. 

The stupidity of this couple is truly stunning. Along with the fact that  they never, ever learn.

Teresa's plea deal can be set aside if she doesn't pony up the $200,000.00.  Love to hear beg for mercy  from the judge after having given the Andy interview.  I wonder if her attorneys have withdrawn as attorneys of record yet?

• Love 2
Since this is federal time she will actually have to serve the whole 15 months. There is no parole.

There is no parole but there is time off for good behavior in the federal prison system.

I think the way it works is that you get a day off for every day you serve as long as you did not have any discipline problems. So with good behavior, she would be home in less than a year. 

One one hand, I do not feel sympathy toward Tre. She is not a victim, she broke the law, she lied and cheated and stole. But OTOH, I could see that she is terrified of prison. I think she is being OTT regarding "my four daughters", and I think she just keeps repeating that hoping that some way some how it will change the outcome. But if I was standing on the precipice of prison, I'd be shitting my pants. Even a cupcake, minimum security prison. I don't blame her being beside herself emotionally, especially when I do think she was expecting probation or house arrest. Again, I am not sympathizing with her crimes and I agree with the judge that she just didn't get it so prison time was in order, but I can't help but feel a bit of sympathy. 

ETA: I cannot believe she hasn't put the kids in counseling. This has been going on for a couple of years. Being on TV is enough to screw up a kid, now this? The school actually had to intervene and offer up a little bit of counseling? WTF? They need a counselor NOW, who can advise them how to tell the kids, how to prepare them, and how to cope while their parents are in the big house. It's beyond me that they haven't done that. Or plan to. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 2

Teresa looks utterly sedated. And she's in complete denial, believing somehow she will get out of this.

She and Joe may be old school, but it's the old school that existed in an environment of corrupt politcs and business practices. These two knew exactly what they were doing, but thought they would get away with it because in years past people did.

Did anyone believe that Joe will be a single parent? I'm assuming relatives are going to do the lion's share of raising the girls.

TMZ is reporting that the Guidices received around $200K for their WWHL appearances, and that it will pay a significant chunk of one of their debts (I know they owe gazillions, so I don't know what part of the debt this is referring to). I wonder if the WWHL payment is garnished for creditors or taxes.

The judge is not going to haul her back into court for claiming in an interview she didn't know what the plea deal meant.    It's par for the course for criminals who still don't think they should be held accountable for their crimes.   If this judge hauled Theresa back, she would have to haul a whole bunch of other criminals back.   

Perhaps as noted above its just a plea for sympathy because she really doesn';t want to go to jail in January.   She believes there is still some way out.   Which again, par for the course.   

Those girls know damn well what is going on.   Kids talk.   Parents all want to believe kids don't talk but they do.    If you bitch to your neighbor about how your ex-husband doesn't pay his child support, that kid will bring it up to your kid the next day at school.    Even little ones talk.   

• Love 4

The one big laugh I did have during this crap fest was when Andy asked Teresa what she was going to do without all her hair and beauty products. And she replied that she planned to 'slick back' her hair. Yup.  She has clearly given much more thought to  incarceration grooming possibilities than to her daughters psychological and physical well-being. Problem solved.

That is not true.

• Love 1

Well who knew that Andy had it in him? He really did ask some hard questions last night and didn't let the blank stares and blinking deter him. I do understand Theresa's concern about Joe keeping up with the girls. My husband is a wonderful father but he really has no idea about the day to day goings on with our 13 year old. She has cheerleading, gymnastics, volleyball, beta club, tutoring just to name a few activities . Poor Gia she doesn't deserve to be a mini mom at this young age. The real punishment for these two isn't prison it's the trail of devastation that they are leaving for their children that will last a lifetime. As for Theresa discussing that Gia is going to be seeing the guidance counselor one a week, way to protect Gia's privacy you idiot! Haven't you done enough to ruin this girl's life already? the younger kids may not know the specifics but they are well aware something awful is happening. And the plan to lie to them is just all sort of ridiculous.

Joe has not worked in a couple of years and has been very active in the girls daily life, including cooking dinners and coaching their soccer teams. Teresa is understating Joe's involvement and overstating her involvement in the girls daily life IMO.

This is a woman that in this interview, tried to blame their money problems on their tenants! That is Teresa's MO, blame everyone else and never, I mean NEVER EVER, admit guilt/responsibility!

I didn't watch the interview and don't plan to. I feel so bad for Gia as she is old enough to truly understand what is happening. I feel like she will carry a huge load of responsibility when Tre is in jail because I have a feeling Joe is going to be drinking his anger away instead of being there for his children. Sad.

Yes, Gia will have to help Joe but she will also have to help Teresa as well! Gia will end up, if she is not already, her mothers confidant about adult issues! I don't see/think Joe will ask Gia for advice on any adult matters but I do see Teresa doing that to her and that really pisses me off. They have robbed Gia of her childhood in so many ways already but it is about to get even far worse IMO.

• Love 2

I cannot believe that these two assholes sent their kids to school without explaining what has happened to them. Why would you want for your kids to hear on the playground that their parents are going to jail? How terrifying would that be? Why wouldn't you want to prepare them as best as possible for the things that they will hear. Except Teresa doesn't think they will hear anything. Just like she didn't think she would go to jail. Just like she didn't see anything wrong with the decade of fraud. 

I am sure the kids are more aware than they think. They might not know about the jail part, but clearly they know big trouble is brewing. Teresa and Juicy don't want to have the conversation because they don't want to answer the questions. Miliania is smart and will no doubt clue them in on how they could have been better criminals. Gabriella will just tell them her intuitive shame was the real reason she always tried to avoid being on camera. She is hoping no one realizes she sprung from their loins. 

• Love 7

I cannot believe that these two assholes sent their kids to school without explaining what has happened to them. Why would you want for your kids to hear on the playground that their parents are going to jail? How terrifying would that be? Why wouldn't you want to prepare them as best as possible for the things that they will hear. Except Teresa doesn't think they will hear anything. Just like she didn't think she would go to jail. Just like she didn't see anything wrong with the decade of fraud. 

I am sure the kids are more aware than they think. They might not know about the jail part, but clearly they know big trouble is brewing. Teresa and Juicy don't want to have the conversation because they don't want to answer the questions. Miliania is smart and will no doubt clue them in on how they could have been better criminals. Gabriella will just tell them her intuitive shame was the real reason she always tried to avoid being on camera. She is hoping no one realizes she sprung from their loins. 

It is depressing to realize that these two numbnuts are seemingly turning out to be even worse parents than they were criminal masterminds.

• Love 6

I do feel for those girls,  but not because their parents are going away. In fact, I suspect them going away might be the only hope they have. Unfortunately they are not going away together so they will be subjected to an alcoholic, disinterested Dad. and then a delusional, idiot Mom. The true tragedy  is that  two moronic, selfish sociopaths are allowed to procreate. Four times, no less. That is tragic.

I completely agree.

Tre & Joe should be completely ashamed of themselves.   These 2 were living a life of crime: lying, cheating and stealing at the expense of others... all while trying to raise 4 children.   Completely inexcusable.   Who do these morons think they are?

I thought it was incredibly sad and telling when Joe said staying at home with the girls will be hard work, rather than saying he's relieved he'll be there for them.

Selfish, ignorant bastard.         

Again, because it can't be said enough ->  Those poor girls.

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 3