Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

I'm sad that he lost his best friend and father, but what the fuck does that have to do with any of this???

Desperation at its finest.

And more:

In what appears to be an attempt to gain leniency from Judge Salas, Joe’s attorney appealed to the court in his pre-sentence statement. Miles Feinstein said that Joe Giudice is a generous and self-made man, not the “Housewives Joe” that viewers see on The Real Housewives of New Jersey.

It could be seen that by using this argument Feinstein is attempting to partially blame Bravo production and the way the show is edited. Feinstein has used also said that Joe Giudice’s father Frank’s sudden death in June played a role in the omissions on the Giudices financial reports.

Oh for ............   *cough*bullshit*cough*

• Love 3

I really hope she saw the clip of Teresa talking about how she can't tolerate living in a house someone else has lived in because it skeeves her out.

Teresa's exact quote about living in a home that was not brand new construction:  "that's gross."  I'll bet casa-de-juicy is bigger (and surely more gaudy) than Judge Salas' (a federal Judge appointed by the President, confirmed by the Senate) home. 

Edited by luckykat
  • Love 3

Production could have bought it and just let Nene and Greg live there.  As long as it isn't put in their names, I don't think the $$ come into play as income. 

That's not how it works and that's how people keep getting it up the butt with the IRS. Providing a residence is compensation.

• Love 1

Well crap, I have to leave soon for a Hospice meeting. I'm choreographing dances for an annual fundraiser. I know this is more important than Joe & Tre, but I wanna be here-I'm awful... I'll check in later and post the pool winner. Enjoy! 

• Love 2

Desperation at its finest.

Oh for ............   *cough*bullshit*cough*

I happened to catch the reunion episode from 2012 when it was revealed that Joe was bonking some woman on his desk at work when Teresa walked in on them. She said "he's my husband and I love him and of course, I forgive him" to which Joe replied ":yeah and it cost me plenty believe me. I had to keep going back to the jewelry store to exchange what she didn't want, usually all I have to do is hand it to her and she's happy". At that, Teresa displayed her long diamond earrings and diamond bracelet with a triumphant

smile.

• Love 6

Interesting note on why sentencing was delayed (from radaronline.com):

The judge was also fuming at the fact that the Giudices had missed deadline to file the disclosure forms — by five months — which, in turn, slowed the proceedings to a screeching halt.

“I had to put the sentencing off because the financial disclosure wasn’t in,” Salas said.

So, it wasn't due to Franco's death?

• Love 2

More:

Judge Esther Salas expressed frustration with the couple because she said they have assets that weren't declared in their financial disclosure forms.

The judge also questioned why the couple declared only $25,000 worth of items in their home, even though their insurance policy is worth $1 million.

In 2009 bankruptcy filings, the couple showed $60,000 in assets in their home, the judge said.

"They had an obligation to be transparent and candid and open with the court and I don't think I got that," Salas said. "I want to understand the disconnect."

The prosecutor also expressed his concerns.

"It's the same pattern of obstruction and dishonesty and manipulation that they showed in the bankruptcy case," the prosecutor told Salas.

During the hearing, Joe Giudice's lawyer, Miles Feinstein, also noted his client's father died in June, adding Giddice has been deeply affected by the death.

"He hasn't been the same person," Feinstein said. "That was his best friend."

The paperwork was due long before Joe's father died.  It is counting-it is not writing a defendant's sentencing statement 1 RV, 3 quads, 1 Maserati . . . this is not something that takes deep thought.

• Love 2

My reason for thinking Teresa will get house arrest has nothing to do with PR messages or statement from anyone. It's based on my jaded view that justice is not always served. It seems to me that shitty people often times get away with things while those who really do make an honest mistake  - or those who don't have millions to spend on a defense team - get the shaft. I think posters here are basing their guesses on sentencing on gut feelings not because they are buying into the PR or Bravo propaganda or waht a blogger may say.

Thanks happykitteh! I thought that's all I was doing, lol!

• Love 1

Unfortunately I can't extend lunch any longer, but I'll be checking in.

A little trip down memory lane though. Remember the 1/2 second Teresa tried to act like she was taking the BK seriously and economizing? The paper plates from the dollar store at Gia's birthday party that was held at a pizzeria and not some extravagant locale. That was the sum total of her efforts. She's a complete idiot and this is where she ended up. Hope it was worth it.

• Love 2

The paperwork was due long before Joe's father died.  It is counting-it is not writing a defendant's sentencing statement 1 RV, 3 quads, 1 Maserati . . . this is not something that takes deep thought.

Is it wrong I was reading that to the tune of "A Partridge in a Pear Tree"?

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

NJ News Tweet:

Joe Giudice of #RHONJ got 53 months and supervised released for two years - http://bit.ly/1E4GfLQ

second tweet:

North Jersey News ‏@NorthJerseybrk  · now34 seconds ago 

#RHONJ case: Sentences are concurrent making Joe Giudices sentence 41 months w/restitution payment of $414,588 - http://bit.ly/1E4GfLQ

And from that second tweet:

"Teresa is still awaiting sentencing but the judge has agreed that she will not serve her sentence at the same time as Joe so one of them can always be caring for their four daughters". 

Just before sentencing, he (Guidice) stood up and nervously read a letter.

"I stand here humiliated before the court and my family and society," he said. "I disgraced many people, including my wife and four daughters. I take full responsibility for my actions. I promise to be a better person."

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/10/joe_and_teresa_giudice_sentenced_prison_time_real_housewives_of_new_jersey_rhonj.html#incart_river

Well, that shit got real in a hurry.

I wonder when Joe will have to report to begin his sentence?

And totally agree...Teresa, you're going to prison...That can be the only reason the judge stipulated they would be serving at different times.

Holy guacamole....That was a lot harsher sentence than I was anticipating.  

• Love 1

NBC tweet:

Steven Bognar ‏@Bogs4NY  · now43 seconds ago 
BREAKING: Teresa Guidice sentenced to be announced at 2pm after court recess #NBC4NY #RHONJ

Does this mean I can go get lunch??

I guess it pays to have children when you commit crimes.

It does appear to offer some modicum of leniency. I know it may sound harsh, but I was actually hoping for concurrent sentences. The more severe the punishment, the more likely it may actually register with these two buffoons.

• Love 3

I guess so. Pathetic!

I really think it only benefits the girls to have them serve at different times.  If it were just the two of them, I would guess they'd prefer to just serve concurrently and get it over with.  I bet Joe goes first so Teresa can continue to make money while she's "hot."  I'd hate to have 18 months of prison hanging over my head for four years before I could just get it over with!

• Love 1

HLN talking about case now but not reporting sentence.

What a dumb fucking network. No wonder their ratings suck. They are sitting there talking about the case and wondering if they will serve time.  Hey Newspeople, why don't you do your job and report the breaking news that one of them has been sentenced instead of pondering the likelihood of such an event? 

• Love 3

But will it really be 3 years? The cynic in me sees Juicy out in a year, year and a half. 

From this, it appears that the judge would have to make that decision herself and she doesn't appear eager to grant them leniency:

>>Salas told attorneys that sentencing guidelines for Joe ranged from 37 to 46 months; and 21 to 27 months for Teresa, both with no probation unless she were to amend the sentencing based on their situation.<<