Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Where are you guys watching this?

Vine video-we get to see them walking into the courthouse:  http://pagesix.com/2014/10/02/teresa-guidice-asks-for-mercy-from-judge-sentenced-today/

Except not really. It didn't come from her (I think she's in the room).

I'm hoping it's false because no one else is live-tweeting.

Sometimes in Federal Courthouses they have two check points-one at the entrance and one outside the courtroom.  There is usually an announcement made by the judge's clerk or the federal marshals will tell everyone attending no cell phones.  In this case they are using two rooms-so there is an overfill room-I wonder if the rule applies there?  They must be getting the proceedings on live feed.

Except not really. It didn't come from her (I think she's in the room).

I'm just refreshing her twitter constantly as I expect everyone in the courtroom will make a mad dash to the door as soon as the judge dismisses them to tweet the sentence out in the hallway. 

• Love 1

During Martha Stewart's verdict, the reporter stayed in the court room and interns ran out with the verdicts-Count 1 and guilty not guilty on big pieces of paper.  I guess they had an intern for each count.  Then the reporter came out and gave the details.  It was very exciting but they may hold everyone in the courtroom today until court adjourns-party poopers. 

New pool -how long will Teresa's attorney speak?  20 minutes is my guess.

Tweet update:

Still no sentence, judge is admonishing the Guidices for hiding their assets in financial disclosure reports.

Joe's lawyer blames sr. Joe's death on case.

Going back to courtroom where no devices are allowed.

Edited by TheFinalRose
  • Love 2

Tweet update:

Still no sentence, judge is admonishing the Guidices for hiding their assets in financial disclosure reports.

Blames sr. Joe's death on case.

Good work Rose-who are the tweets from-you?  Are you there?

If the judge is still admonishing them, I wonder if that is indicative of any way in what the sentencing might be?

I just woke up, so let me clarify....I wonder if the judge has been admonishing them for awhile it indicates they're getting ready to have their asses handed to them, or if the lengthy admonishment will have any bearing on the actual sentencing at all.

Counting down in CA....

VickiDish @VickiHy  ·  8m 8 minutes ago
Joe's lawyer in part blames death of Joe's father, 'hasn't been the same since.' Going back in to courtroom, where no devices are allowed.

Wait, what the fuck???

They started their little embezzlement and fraudulent behavior back...10 years ago?

Joe's dad was very much alive and well then, right?

The poor man just died a few months ago, right?

How the fresh hell could Joe's attorney be blaming the death of the elder Mr. Guidice for any of this fuck-and-awe shit????

They're really desperate and trying anything at this point.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 4

Was there a short break? That was weird. But appreciated! At least it was something.

And Joe hasn't been the same since his father died? Who gives a flying fig? Joe started his fraudulent scheme in 2001. His father died this past summer.. Cry me a river.

• Love 3

Tweet update:

Joe's lawyer blames sr. Joe's death on case.

Keep them coming! 

• Love 2

Kind of dumb reasoning on their lawyer's part. I mean, no one forced Juicy Joe to commit fraud so the line of logic has to go right back on Joe for his father's death, and not the feds, if that's what they are getting at.  

Geez, not a really fine legal mind there. 

• Love 3

Was there a short break? That was weird. But appreciated! At least it was something.

And Joe hasn't been the same since his father died? Who gives a flying fig? Joe started his fraudulent scheme in 2001. His father died this past summer.. Cry me a river.

Yea, that was a weird thing for his Attorney to say. Again, because it cannot be said enough, it is too bad that Joe and Teresa were not thinking about their family when they were engaging in their crime spree.  

• Love 5
Me too. Ebola, Ebola, Ebola...don't they know Juicy & Tee are being sentenced?!

Too funny! I thought the same thing. Ok 18 kids exposed to Ebola, can't we get back to that later? I'm so thankful for this forum. No one in my real life even knows who Theresa is.
  • Love 10

Joe's attorney must have gone first. . . prepare for the waterworks and Teresa's attorney.  This must be long sentencing statements. . . rule of court however long the defense goes on the government gets the same amount of time.  Then the court speaks some more.

• Love 1

Long time lurker, first time poster, etc!

Happily alone at work, waiting for the sentencing - reminds me of waiting for the OJ verdict, LOL.

Thinking about ordering delivery sushi for lunch in lieu of popcorn.

Yeah!  Welcome!

I thought the same thing!  Reminds me of the OJ verdict but in a not so serious way.    Order delivery.  This sounds like it's going to be a long one. 

• Love 1

From VickiDish Twitter feed:

"Still no sentence but judge is admonishing the Giuduces for seeming to hide assets in their financial disclosure reports."

One day, I want to see Teresa in Walmart, pushing a big old cart, wearing tight leopard capris and a low cut blouse with push up bra, little flat shoes with sparkles on them, sifting through the 'buy one-get one free' $3.00 summer tee-shirts bin. I want to see a tearful Joe waving 'bye bye' from a round porthole window of steerage class on a garbage skow heading out into the Atlantic heading for Italy.

well, I can dream and when I do, I have a vivid imagination

If the judge is still admonishing them, I wonder if that is indicative of any way in what the sentencing might be?

I just woke up, so let me clarify....I wonder if the judge has been admonishing them for awhile it indicates they're getting ready to have their asses handed to them, or if the lengthy admonishment will have any bearing on the actual sentencing at all.

Counting down in CA....

Wait, what the fuck???

They started their little embezzlement and fraudulent behavior back...10 years ago?

Joe's dad was very much alive and well then, right?

The poor man just died a few months ago, right?

How the fresh hell could Joe's attorney be blaming the death of the elder Mr. Guidice for any of this fuck-and-awe shit????

They're really desperate and trying anything at this point.  

I'm sure the prosecuting attorneys and judge are snickering under their breaths at that one.

• Love 6

That is what you call "grasping for straws."

Am surprised Joe's lawyer didn't say that the reason they didn't submit tax returns was because the dog ate it.

Speaking of dogs, maybe the Guidice's German Shepherd attack dogs will be adopted by Bernie Kerik.  Caroline Manzo can hook them up.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 4

Long time lurker, first time poster, etc!

Happily alone at work, waiting for the sentencing - reminds me of waiting for the OJ verdict, LOL.

Thinking about ordering delivery sushi for lunch in lieu of popcorn.

I think ordering a couple of meatballs would be more in tune with the harmony of the day.

• Love 3

Just a big huge shout-out to all the folks who moved from Lurker to full-fledged Commentator today.  Welcome! We are thrilled to have you here with us. Hopefully you will find this a great place to snark.  It is truly a case of the more the merrier.  

• Love 12

Why are attorneys bringing up tax records from 2009 now? Hadn't all that been already established, are the Giudices attorney's going to head to a mistrial?

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 3

From VickiDish Twitter feed:

"Still no sentence but judge is admonishing the Giuduces for seeming to hide assets in their financial disclosure reports."

One day, I want to see Teresa in Walmart, pushing a big old cart, wearing tight leopard capris and a low cut blouse with push up bra, little flat shoes with sparkles on them, sifting through the 'buy one-get one free' $3.00 summer tee-shirts bin. I want to see a tearful Joe waving 'bye bye' from a round porthole window of steerage class on a garbage skow heading out into the Atlantic heading for Italy.

well, I can dream and when I do, I have a vivid imagination

I'm sure the prosecuting attorneys and judge are snickering under their breaths at that one.

Right?

I had to read that Tweet twice.  At first I thought it meant the stress of the case might have contributed to the death of the elder Mr. Guidice, which could very well be true...but then I read it again and was like WTF?!?!?

Vile creature that I am, I hope that the judge and prosecutors not only snickered under the breath but also are pissed off by that statement to throw any leniency out the window.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

Why are attorneys bringing up tax records from 2009 now? Hadn't all that been already established, are the Giudices attorney's going to head to a mistrial?

Color me confused as well, HumblePi.

I would have thought all of this information was already established as evidence before any plea was reached.

Maybe it's new evidence?  I've little legal experience but it seems to me this should have been sorted through long before today's sentencing.

• Love 1

VickiDish ‏@VickiHy 1m1 minute ago

Break in hearing. Conflicting reports from lawyers as to whether Joe filed his tax returns since 2009.

I hope you can type fast!!!!   Thank you so much! 

He either did or he didn't.  Were they false?  Might want to rethink this move.

Oh thank you Breezy.

Judge days the pattern of omissions & inconsistencies does not make the couple seem worthy of leniency

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1

One of the requirements of the Plea Agreement is that both Teresa and Joe must file and pay or make payment arrangements on Federal Income taxes from 2001-2011.  Apparently, Joe didn't file one.  It just happens to be the year they filed BK and refinanced their construction loan.

• Love 2

IIUC, it sounds like that maybe Joe Guidice still isn't filing tax returns, I believe the indictment/charges dealt with tax returns from 2004 until 2009. 

• Love 2

Color me confused as well, HumblePi.

I would have thought all of this information was already established as evidence before any plea was reached.

Maybe it's new evidence?  I've little legal experience but it seems to me this should have been sorted through long before today's sentencing.

FFS why aren't they filing joint returns from 2009 foreward?

• Love 1