Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Teresa's crime is less than Joe's - she didn't plead to the IRS stuff IIRC.  Her fraud was in lying about working those years on mortgage application forms.  She didn't work, so she didn't have to file.  He did work, he did have to file, so he is the one that pled guilty to one count of failing to file.  So her sentence automatically will be less than his because she plead guilty to one less count.

True but does that translate into probation only? I hope not. I'm expecting her sentence to be based on the laws she broke, not in comparison to what Joe did. I think she wants to spin it like that, however.

• Love 2

Teresa has to file ACCURATE income tax returns from 2001-2011, as does Joe.  I would assume they are joint returns.  It was a part of both their plea agreements.  I do believe the State of New Jersey has a $500,000.00 lien in place. 

Edited by zoeysmom

Teresa has to file ACCURATE income tax returns from 2001-2011, as does Joe.  I would assume they are joint returns.  It was a part of both their plea agreements.  I do believe the State of New Jersey has a $500,000.00 lien in place. 

I thought only Joe pled to failure to file and pay taxes and that Teresa only pled guilty to the fraud charges. 

Although the sentencing hasn't occurred yet, I read somewhere awhile ago that it was believed Teresa would get house arrest and Joe some number of months in prison (can't remember the number). I would think if that is what the sentence ends up being, the reason why they might give Teresa just house arrest is because of the kids. Now granted they do have many other family members who could take them in, but perhaps they thought it would be too much on the kids, especially Gia. We don't know what the move would involve for them, maybe they'd have to change schools? With everything else Gia is dealing with, they probably thought putting her mom in prison and making her live with relatives was too much. That is the only logical reason I can think for why they'd give Teresa house arrest.

I thought only Joe pled to failure to file and pay taxes and that Teresa only pled guilty to the fraud charges. 

Here is the plea agreement : http://www.justice.gov/usao/nj/Press/files/pdffiles/2014/Giudice,%20Teresa%20Plea%20Agreement.pdf

Page 7 under Other Provisions it clearly sets forth Teresa has to file ACCURATE (my emphasis) and pay or make arrangements to pay the IRS for the tax years 2001-2011.

Joe is just subjected to an additional fine or time for failure to file and pay.

• Love 1

At this point it is all speculation. We can hope that they each get their own justice as we see it, but often the courts fall short when dishing out appropriate sentances. Tomorrow the long wait will be over, and their fates will be decided regardless of how we feel about it. I get that we ALL feel some kind of way about it and we WANT them to have real consequences for their actions, but I am not getting my hopes up. In my experience with the legal system, it has never met my expectations of my idea of justice. I hope that they both receive sentances that involve jail time, but I really wouldn't be surprised if Teresa's sentance is much less than Joe's. Oh well, it is what it is.

• Love 5

Although the sentencing hasn't occurred yet, I read somewhere awhile ago that it was believed Teresa would get house arrest and Joe some number of months in prison (can't remember the number). I would think if that is what the sentence ends up being, the reason why they might give Teresa just house arrest is because of the kids. Now granted they do have many other family members who could take them in, but perhaps they thought it would be too much on the kids, especially Gia. We don't know what the move would involve for them, maybe they'd have to change schools? With everything else Gia is dealing with, they probably thought putting her mom in prison and making her live with relatives was too much. That is the only logical reason I can think for why they'd give Teresa house arrest.

All I can say is I hope the judge does not consider mitigating Tereesa' sentence if it would mean Gia has to change schools.  What else is Gia dealing with that the other children aren't?   I have a huge issue that admitted criminals think they should get preferential treatment because they have children.

• Love 6

All I can say is I hope the judge does not consider mitigating Tereesa' sentence if it would mean Gia has to change schools.  What else is Gia dealing with that the other children aren't?   I have a huge issue that admitted criminals think they should get preferential treatment because they have children.

Well Gia is older than the others and understands more about what is going on. She's 13, which is the worst possible time for this to happen. We were all 13 once and know how difficult of an age that can be, I can't imagine what she's going through right now. I'm sure she has normal problems like every teen about school, friends, boys, physical changes, etc., which is already a lot for a 13 year old to handle, but on top of it her parents' legal case is being reviewed under a magnifying glass across the nation and at least one of her parents is going to jail. Imagine dealing with that at 13. I know everyone keeps saying "They should have thought of the kids before that." That is still not their children's faults. I'm just saying I could see why they would give Teresa a lighter sentence for the sake of Gia and her other kids. It wasn't Gia's fault her parents did what they did, but she is the one probably suffering the most. Having both parents taken to jail, having to move in with relatives, and possibly switch schools would probably kill her. I can't imagine what it would be like to deal with all of that at any age, let alone 13.

• Love 1

Well Gia is older than the others and understands more about what is going on. She's 13, which is the worst possible time for this to happen. We were all 13 once and know how difficult of an age that can be, I can't imagine what she's going through right now. I'm sure she has normal problems like every teen about school, friends, boys, physical changes, etc., which is already a lot for a 13 year old to handle, but on top of it her parents' legal case is being reviewed under a magnifying glass across the nation and at least one of her parents is going to jail. Imagine dealing with that at 13. I know everyone keeps saying "They should have thought of the kids before that." That is still not their children's faults. I'm just saying I could see why they would give Teresa a lighter sentence for the sake of Gia and her other kids. It wasn't Gia's fault her parents did what they did, but she is the one probably suffering the most. Having both parents taken to jail, having to move in with relatives, and possibly switch schools would probably kill her. I can't imagine what it would be like to deal with all of that at any age, let alone 13.

I don't think anyone doesn't feel sad for what these kids are going through and will continue to go through. The reality is that their parents broke the law multiple times each and must now pay the price that comes along with that type of arrogance and greed. The blame for their daughters pain, fear and embarrassment is on Teresa/Joe only!

These kids have a very large extended family that they are very close to that will step in and do the right thing for them. It is not as if they will need to go into Foster care like other criminals children have to do. Teresa and Joe put personal greed before their daughters safety and welfare for over 10 years now and they have NOT done a thing to change their ways. In fact, they have not done a thing to downsize their lives until just recently and ONLY because they are being FORCED to do so. What message does that send to their girls? Maybe it is time that they have better role models, even for just a short time, showing them that it is important to live within your means and to follow the law, laws that apply to everyone, including their parents.

• Love 6

Maybe. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt the kids, especially the younger ones, to be around more positive influences for awhile. They are lucky they have such a big family that is able to take them in if necessary.

• Love 5

I don't think anyone doesn't feel sad for what these kids are going through and will continue to go through. The reality is that their parents broke the law multiple times each and must now pay the price that comes along with that type of arrogance and greed. The blame for their daughters pain, fear and embarrassment is on Teresa/Joe only!

These kids have a very large extended family that they are very close to that will step in and do the right thing for them. It is not as if they will need to go into Foster care like other criminals children have to do. Teresa and Joe put personal greed before their daughters safety and welfare for over 10 years now and they have NOT done a thing to change their ways. In fact, they have not done a thing to downsize their lives until just recently and ONLY because they are being FORCED to do so. What message does that send to their girls? Maybe it is time that they have better role models, even for just a short time, showing them that it is important to live within your means and to follow the law, laws that apply to everyone, including their parents.

Agreed, very well said. We can only hope that these girls will have the love and support that they will need to get through this.

The max Joe could get is 46 months. At least according to the sentencing guidelines. Do you really think the judge will give him more than the max, and then give Teresa no time?

Yes, I do. Sorry about the error in the max, 46 mos. then. I think this because of the way the family and friends are behaving around them, at least in front of cameras. There seems to be a focus, by fam/friends on "JOE and the family" as objects of their sympathies, supports, and in their defenses. Joe also seems to be the only one who acts like there is a possibility of leaving the girls. He seems a lot more patient with them and seems to really focus on paying special attention to Gia. I think this is because he knows she is more aware of the situation than her sisters. There just seems to be the expectation of Joe and not Teresa leaving. Wasn't there also some dialogue which seemed to have a bias towards "Joe is going down and Tre is getting off" by some acquaintances, fans and/or media?

You have to remember that these are nonviolent first offenses, at least in Teresa's case and Joe just has a DUI and driving on suspended at this point. The federal system is over crowded. These are considerations in sentencing them and so are the children.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 1

I know my 15 year old daughter feels very bad for Gia.  Through her eyes she's thinking of what it would be like if I was gone for months.  Or if her dad is gone for a year.  (I don't do the dog park. They go every Saturday morning.)  Then I give her the real world facts so she can appreciate all her father's hard work because he would never do that to her.  Oh and to follow the laws. 

Watching.  

Teresa's FB page is filled with comments that are very interesting. 

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2014/10/01/rhonj-teresa_giudice-newjersey-federal-attorneys-office-tweeting-about-joodice-sentencing/

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

I just hope that whatever happens the girls can all stay together. Watching that scene at Joe's brother house it struck me that that's a hell of a lot of kids to care for.

Also, watching all those girls surrounding their grandpa who has passed.  Very sad to watch.

• Love 3

I just hope that whatever happens the girls can all stay together. Watching that scene at Joe's brother house it struck me that that's a hell of a lot of kids to care for.

I thought the same thing and financially draining.  I know Pete and his wife lost their home in their bankruptcy a few years back, Mama Giudice's home was auctioned off yesterday.  On the high side-Joe's sister seems to be somewhat stable.  There is always Joe and Melissa they live in a 7 bedroom house that would accommodate the girls and Teresa for that matter upon her release.  At least Joe and Melissa live in the same school district.  If I were Teresa I would feel more comfortable having my children housed with my family.  Just a feeling I get that Joe's mom, being his mom, probably feels like Teresa's desire for fame and fortune put her son in this mess. 

• Love 2

You have to remember that these are nonviolent first offenses, at least in Teresa's case and Joe just has a DUI and driving on suspended at this point. The federal system is over crowded. These are considerations in sentencing them and so are the children.

I agree. I understand they committed a crime here but you'd think from the way some people act on this forum about their sentencing that they had murdered somebody and then set an animal shelter on fire. 

• Love 3

I agree. I understand they committed a crime here but you'd think from the way some people act on this forum about their sentencing that they had murdered somebody and then set an animal shelter on fire.

It doesn't seem that way to me. People seem to hope they are sentenced according to the recommendations that have been decided are appropriate for such crimes. No one seems to be looking for them to be put away for life or get the death penalty as one would for a violent crime. Most of us are simply hoping that justice will prevail. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 10

The law applies to ALL of us, whether or not we have kids, parents, illness in the family, whatever excuse one can come up with (not speaking of you or anyone here personally) If you break the law, especially repeatedly, you must serve what ever punishment the law calls for. I have not read any post here or on any site that called for the Giudices to go to prison for life or anything more than what the laws mandate. More and more people/viewers have gotten angrier because Teresa/Joe REFUSED to 1, repay what they owe not only to the banks but the small business's and individuals they tried STOLE from, 2, that they have REFUSED to downsize their over the top lifestyle, the one that got them into a married life of crime and 3, that they have not been contrite in anyway shape or form either on camera or off. They have admitted to committing multiple crimes, not just 1.

And speaking of animals, what do you think will happen to the trained German Shepard guard dogs they have, the ones that ONLY Joe and Gia can care for? Most likely they will have to be put down unless Pete can handle them and is willing to take/care for them.

I thought the same thing and financially draining.  I know Pete and his wife lost their home in their bankruptcy a few years back, Mama Giudice's home was auctioned off yesterday.  On the high side-Joe's sister seems to be somewhat stable.  There is always Joe and Melissa they live in a 7 bedroom house that would accommodate the girls and Teresa for that matter upon her release.  At least Joe and Melissa live in the same school district.  If I were Teresa I would feel more comfortable having my children housed with my family.  Just a feeling I get that Joe's mom, being his mom, probably feels like Teresa's desire for fame and fortune put her son in this mess. 

That was NOT the ONLY house Mrs. Giudice owns. Does anyone know for sure if that was the house she lived in?

• Love 8

The law applies to ALL of us, whether or not we have kids, parents, illness in the family, whatever excuse one can come up with (not speaking of you or anyone here personally) If you break the law, especially repeatedly, you must serve what ever punishment the law calls for. I have not read any post here or on any site that called for the Giudices to go to prison for life or anything more than what the laws mandate. More and more people/viewers have gotten angrier because Teresa/Joe REFUSED to 1, repay what they owe not only to the banks but the small business's and individuals they tried STOLE from, 2, that they have REFUSED to downsize their over the top lifestyle, the one that got them into a married life of crime and 3, that they have not been contrite in anyway shape or form either on camera or off. They have admitted to committing multiple crimes, not just 1.

And speaking of animals, what do you think will happen to the trained German Shepard guard dogs they have, the ones that ONLY Joe and Gia can care for? Most likely they will have to be put down unless Pete can handle them and is willing to take/care for them.

That was NOT the ONLY house Mrs. Giudice owns. Does anyone know for sure if that was the house she lived in?

I agree with you totally but I also know that the judge has much worse criminals in her court all the time. So while you may be focused on Teresa and Joe, she has a different point of view.

• Love 3

And speaking of animals, what do you think will happen to the trained German Shepard guard dogs they have, the ones that ONLY Joe and Gia can care for? Most likely they will have to be put down unless Pete can handle them and is willing to take/care for them.

More innocent victims of their crimes :( It would be heartbreaking if they had to be put down. I hope there's a trainer who specializes in guard dogs who can acclimate them to another family.

I find this so funny.  I apologize to those do not find it funny.  But I giggled.  Yes, there is something wrong with me. 

Twas the day before prison and all through the house, not a Wife was stirring, not even TreeJoodice… she was still hung over from her “Stay Strong” par-tay over the weekend and tired from her GoingToJail yard sale yesterday!

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2014/10/01/a-final-psa-for-tree-joodice-prison-food-teresa_giudice-teresa_giudice_-rhonj-kimgranatell/

I promise you all, my bitterness will end tomorrow.  I'll accept whatever happens to them both and hope the best for their four girls.  And continue to pay our taxes.

• Love 7

Here is the plea agreement : http://www.justice.gov/usao/nj/Press/files/pdffiles/2014/Giudice,%20Teresa%20Plea%20Agreement.pdf

Page 7 under Other Provisions it clearly sets forth Teresa has to file ACCURATE (my emphasis) and pay or make arrangements to pay the IRS for the tax years 2001-2011.

Joe is just subjected to an additional fine or time for failure to file and pay.

No where in the plea agreement does Teresa plea to failing to file a return or pay taxes. That is why Teresa would be subject to less time.  My original post was in response to the poster who was wondering why Teresa would get less time than Joe since they were both involved in the same scheme.  He is subject to more time because he pled to an additional charge of failing to file and pay taxes.  She didn't plead to that count.  Whether she agreed to make payments under the plea agreement doesn't change that. You correctly point out that she agreed as part of the plea agreement to file accurate returns and to pay any monies that would be owed under those accurate returns.

• Love 1

If she goes away there is now yet another pet-Blanca or whatever the kids named the inside dog.  I wonder if Teresa goes to prison if her MIL will move into Chateau Juicy and raise the girls until it sells?

She has two set for auction here is the second one:  http://allaboutthetea.com/2014/09/25/foreclosure-2-another-house-of-teresa-giudices-mother-in-law-in-foreclosure-on-the-auction-block/  This article claims she lives with Pete.  I think the Giudices all pretty much relied on Frank's contractor's license for the sons to work under. 

Edited by zoeysmom

Does anyone know of live television coverage for the sentencing? I know Court TV is no longer... No audio/video inside courtroom, but I'd like to watch what's happening outside.

• Love 2

I think the general feeling here is it has been a long time coming.  I have followed the case since they filed BK and from the day I read the BK petition, I felt they had committed mortgage fraud.  When they government filed for an Objection to Discharge, in  September of 2010, I thought they had committed BK fraud.  Here we are five years after the Giudices first filed BK, still awaiting adjudication.    They committed a series of crime spanning almost a decade and it involved millions of dollars.  It may not be on par with murder or setting an animal shelter on fire but it isn't exactly a traffic offense.  During the time we awaited adjudication, they did not pay their creditors, took in rents and deprived tenants of power and installed generators that emitted toxic fumes, have paid only one maybe two years of taxes since 2001, enjoyed a leisure boat, a beach house, a 12,000 square foot mansion, a Maserati, a Mercedes, taken vacations, gift rich Christmas celebrations, probably funded a couple of attorneys kids college funds, bought the latest designer fashions and thrown parties, started new businesses, committed other crimes and now they are asking for leniency.

Today after an earthquake damaged part of our house in August, I had to pay a second $125.00 fee, tied to an inspection required by my insurance carrier and mortgage holder.  We have 26 more monthly mortgage payments so obviously we are not upside down but these fees I have to pay are the result of a bunch people like the Giudices who committed mortgage fraud.  I have to keep proving we are honest and pay for the privilege.

So to me I do feel like 24 months in federal custody for Teresa and 36 months for Joe are a just punishment.  I think their fines, and forfeiture should be at the maximum the law allows.  I can only hope that their relationship with Bravo is discontinued after this season.

• Love 9

I firmly believe that both Guidices will serve jail sentences, but looked at dispassionately, they clearly had co-conspirators. What reputable bank would accept that Teresa made the inflated amounts of money that they claimed? How do you even make a phony tax return?

My daughter and I recently went through a re-finance of the house I live in and she owns. We owned the house for ten years, made considerable improvements and had a record of perfect on-time payments for ten years! The hoops we had to jump through were unbelievable!

The financial institutions that made those loans and the appraisers and underwriters were washing money or otherwise compensated. The laws are made for the banks alone and they escape even though they were negligent or criminal. There is way more to this story.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 6

She has two set for auction here is the second one:  http://allaboutthetea.com/2014/09/25/foreclosure-2-another-house-of-teresa-giudices-mother-in-law-in-foreclosure-on-the-auction-block/  This article claims she lives with Pete.  I think the Giudices all pretty much relied on Frank's contractor's license for the sons to work under. 

I don't get it, most people have an insurance policy on their mortgage through the bank/mortgage company that pays it off entirely if 1 of the spouses die. I guess they like to live on the edge believing that nothing will happen to any of them! SMH

• Love 1

Does anyone know of live television coverage for the sentencing? I know Court TV is no longer... No audio/video inside courtroom, but I'd like to watch what's happening outside.

Oh there is a link to a website that will have a live Q&A and feed http://allaboutthetea.com/2014/10/01/countdown-to-lockdown-teresa-joe-giudice-sentencing-watch-and-live-qa/  Countdown to Lockdown.  I am quite certain HLN will be broadcasting.

I don't if this matters to anyone the way this will work is Teresa and Joe's attorneys will have the floor and speak to the lowest possible sentence under the guidelines.  Obviously probation for Teresa and whatever combination of incarceration, halfway house and home confinement for Joe.  The government then gets equal time to present their case and why they feel the way they do.  In the plea agreement the government agreed to not asking for an upward departure from the Federal Sentencing Guidelines and the defense agreed to not asking for a downward departure.  So at this point it is entirely up to the judge and she can depart from the guidelines, (unlikely IMHO) but she must state on the record why.

I am wondering who will go?  Will we see Joe and Melissa, her parents?  Joe's mom-the same sweet little old lady who gave the finger last time she attended?  Kathy and Rich? Rosie?  Would not surprise me in the least for Jim and Amber to show up-and sit on the government's side. 

• Love 3

I don't get it, most people have an insurance policy on their mortgage through the bank/mortgage company that pays it off entirely if 1 of the spouses die. I guess they like to live on the edge believing that nothing will happen to any of them! SMH

I actually don't think most people do have Mortgage Life Insurance. I don't, and unless things have changed a lot over the years, I don't think most folks do. I was in banking years ago and we tried to sell it on our mortgages and hardly anyone ever took it. It is outrageously expensive and most financial folks will tell you it is not worth it.

• Love 1

I firmly believe that both Guidices will serve jail sentences, but looked at dispassionately, they clearly had co-conspirators. What reputable bank would accept that Teresa made the inflated amounts of money that they claimed? How do you even make a phony tax return?

My daughter and I recently went through a re-finance of the house I live in and she owns. We owned the house for ten years, made considerable improvements and had a record of perfect on-time payments for ten years! The hoops we had to jump through were unbelievable!

The financial institutions that made those loans and the appraisers and underwriters were washing money or otherwise compensated. The laws are made for the banks alone and they escape even though they were negligent or criminal. There is way more to this story.

I can tell you how they have fake tax returns-print out a return form and fill out with what ever information you want and don't file it.  That is what started part of this investigation-the BK judge asked Joe something about his income tax status and he said he could not remember if he filed them.  They did the same W-2s and 1099s just put in whatever it took to get loans. I believe they also cooked up a document that claimed they had $500,000.00 in an account.   Anyone can print up the documents and submit them.  I don't think there was a single entity or person they went to for funding although Wachovia-who is now out of business had a few loans.  I think the lending institutions have tightened up on the practices.  I also noticed there were a few sub-par companies who lent them money on second, third and yes even a fourth mortgage. 

I think Joe received some advice along the way.  By the looks of his parent's and brother's financial affairs I think it might have been a family practice

• Love 2

Yes, I do. Sorry about the error in the max, 46 mos. then. I think this because of the way the family and friends are behaving around them, at least in front of cameras. There seems to be a focus, by fam/friends on "JOE and the family" as objects of their sympathies, supports, and in their defenses. Joe also seems to be the only one who acts like there is a possibility of leaving the girls. He seems a lot more patient with them and seems to really focus on paying special attention to Gia. I think this is because he knows she is more aware of the situation than her sisters. There just seems to be the expectation of Joe and not Teresa leaving. Wasn't there also some dialogue which seemed to have a bias towards "Joe is going down and Tre is getting off" by some acquaintances, fans and/or media?

I think this goes to why so many think Teresa is going to get off without prison time. She, her lawyers, her PR team, and Bravo, have all put out the "probation-only/think about the girls/this was Joe's scheme" message, and like properly executed propaganda, it's worked.

Note that none of this line of thinking has come from the U.S. Attys Office, or any credible legal or news source.

As the old saying goes, consider the source.

• Love 3

I agree with you totally but I also know that the judge has much worse criminals in her court all the time. So while you may be focused on Teresa and Joe, she has a different point of view.

I am sure that is true but she has also seen people that have committed lesser crimes that had to serve time as well. I am sure that the Judge is well aware, by now, that the Giudices kept their over the top lifestyle without downsizing or repaying any for the money they scammed and THAT will have an impact on her decision as well. Also, I believe that there was a similar case this year in the NJ Federal Court, with fewer criminal counts involving lesser $ amounts and that woman WAS sentenced to prison. I do think Teresa will serve time and that she deserves to serve time behind bars, just as you or I would had we done the same thing.

The fake W2s and paystubs would be easy for them to do. Joe had his own business and had access to everything they needed through those business's.

After the crash in 08', changes were made in the banking/mortgage world that made it much harder to get a mortgage. Thanks to not only the banking/mortgage companies lax/bad/wrong/immoral business practices but also in part  to people like the Giudice's. The same thing has happened when you submit a petition for BK, tighter rules making it harder for everyone because of scammers that took advantage of the system/laws. 

Next question, IF Joe gets deported after serving his sentence, will Teresa and the girls go with him? And if they do, will Italy allow Teresa entry? Most countries will not allow a foreigner with a felony record, even non-violent record, entry into their countries.Does anyone know if Italy has that restriction because Teresa does NOT have duel citizenship, she is only a US citizen as far as I know.

• Love 1

I am wondering who will go?  Will we see Joe and Melissa, her parents?  Joe's mom-the same sweet little old lady who gave the finger last time she attended?

Who was the classy gentlemen that mooned everyone? Teresa or Joe's dad?

• Love 1

I believe that there was a similar case this year in the NJ Federal Court, with fewer criminal counts involving lesser $ amounts and that woman WAS sentenced to prison. I do think Teresa will serve time and that she deserves to serve time behind bars, just as you or I would had we done the same thing.

Yes, the two cases are shockingly similar. Husband and wife team, mortgage tax fraud, the wife saying she was solely responsible, small children at home... The judge didn't buy it - both got sentenced to prison, staggered sentences, and fines. And the fraudulent scheme in that case involved significantly less stolen money and less time than the Giudices. Only difference? Different judge.

• Love 2

Next question, IF Joe gets deported after serving his sentence, will Teresa and the girls go with him?

I don't know the answer, but I'll chime in and say I very much doubt they'll deport him. This is where family considerations come into play. His entire family lives here, his wife and daughters are US citizens, his mother is now a widow, he served his time (presumably), and lastly - he will still owe the Govt. a shitload of money. (Not to mention the millions he will owe his creditors who will likely sue). I don't know how easy it is to collect from another country!

• Love 2

Who was the classy gentlemen that mooned everyone? Teresa or Joe's dad?

That was Joe's dad. He passed away - in June I think? He's the one that was surrounded by his granddaughters on the last episode.

I think Joe's mom will be there tomorrow. I think girls will be at home with Teresa's parents, and maybe some of Joe's family. I'm not sure how Melissa/Joe and cousins Rosie and Kathy will fit in. I think they may be advised to keep away from the courtroom - keep the association with RHONJ to a minimum.

Is Rosie and Kathy's mom the sister of Teresa's mother or father?

• Love 1

Their mother is Teresa's paternal aunt.

Surely Bravo's cameras will be there in the media circus. I bet they've been prepping for days.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 1

That was Joe's dad. He passed away - in June I think? He's the one that was surrounded by his granddaughters on the last episode.

I think Joe's mom will be there tomorrow. I think girls will be at home with Teresa's parents, and maybe some of Joe's family. I'm not sure how Melissa/Joe and cousins Rosie and Kathy will fit in. I think they may be advised to keep away from the courtroom - keep the association with RHONJ to a minimum.

If I were the defendants I would want all friendly faces behind me in the gallery, family, publishers, friends, production, people, co -stars .  If I were Teresa and Joe I would have my children attend school-with someone on stand by to pick Gia up after the hearing.  Who knows maybe the kids will be there.  There is such a small chance of Teresa or Joe being sent to jail forthwith that the kids would be better off at school.

Kathy and Rosie's mom is the sister of Tersa's dad, she was sent to live with an aunt who could not have children of her own one Sunday.  Very strange story.  She was not raised with the Gorga last name.

Emme,  I think father.  I remember something about money coming between her and her brother, Kathy's father.  Someone else may remember.

This would be me tomorrow morning...

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1

If I were the defendants I would want all friendly faces behind me in the gallery, family, publishers, friends, production, people, co -stars .  If I were Teresa and Joe I would have my children attend school-with someone on stand by to pick Gia up after the hearing.  Who knows maybe the kids will be there.  There is such a small chance of Teresa or Joe being sent to jail forthwith that the kids would be better off at school.

With the possible exception of their parents, no one will be there. The Bravo clan - Melissa, Joe, Kathy, Rosie, etc... only show support for the cameras. In real life, they don't want to be associated with what's going down tomorrow. And for Teresa and Joe (Teresa esp.) - they don't want anyone there, either. It's humiliating. Remember - this is THE moment where they have to cop to everything they did. It's Teresa's worst nightmare.

• Love 2

With the possible exception of their parents, no one will be there. The Bravo clan - Melissa, Joe, Kathy, Rosie, etc... only show support for the cameras. In real life, they don't want to be associated with what's going down tomorrow. And for Teresa and Joe (Teresa esp.) - they don't want anyone there, either. It's humiliating. Remember - this is THE moment where they have to cop to everything they did. It's Teresa's worst nightmare.

If I were Melissa or Kathy I would go just because she didn't want me there.  Oh I think there is no separating them from what is going on.  I think most of them wouldn't waste the energy and stand in line to get in-except Amber and Jim-they will do anything at this point for camera time.  Who knows-Bravo is still filming maybe they will require them all to go.

I think this goes to why so many think Teresa is going to get off without prison time. She, her lawyers, her PR team, and Bravo, have all put out the "probation-only/think about the girls/this was Joe's scheme" message, and like properly executed propaganda, it's worked.

Note that none of this line of thinking has come from the U.S. Attys Office, or any credible legal or news source.

As the old saying goes, consider the source.

And then you have idiotic things like a lavish going away party:  http://www.webpronews.com/teresa-giudice-shows-off-lavish-lifestyle-before-sentencing-2014-09

Interesting video interview at the end with the cast split into two groups, Teresa, Dina and Amber, in one group, Melissa and the twins in another.  They talk about Teresa's situation and Nicole says something interesting at the end.  She held Teresa  a little accountable for not thinking of the twins family.

Lotus-the US Attorneys office won't make a pre-sentencing statement.  I agree it is a good PR move by Teresa's attorney's office.  As they say wishing doesn't always make it so.  

I would chuckle if the judge said, "surprise Mr. Klingman-it won't be probation, refer your client to Wendy, the custodial coach."